[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: earthbound_box-f.jpg (109KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound_box-f.jpg
109KB, 629x500px
When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an interactive experience. You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound

https://archive.today/mcW4U
^Also I disagree with this guys dislike of Earthbound
>>
quit posting this
>>
>>287957513
I agree, not the 1st time I've seen this.
>>
File: 2011-4-9-1.gif (97KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
2011-4-9-1.gif
97KB, 400x354px
No, even though how many times you post this it won't make it true. Have a prolapsed eyeball, faggot.
>>
>>287957747
>Have a prolapsed eyeball

That's about the quality of Earthbound, yes
>>
Is this OP the most viraled topic on /v/?
>>
>>287957367
I agree. Mother 3 is much better. You can do the needles in any order, there's a sidequest in collecting the back sprites for the Battle Memory, and there is a (admittedly glitched, but fuck developer intent anyway) new game plus.
>>
Buzz off.
>>
>>287957883
Mother 1 is probably two prolapsed eyeballs
>>
File: good day xir.jpg (48KB, 464x455px) Image search: [Google]
good day xir.jpg
48KB, 464x455px
>>287957962
>>Viral
>Look at me be a newfag that wants to use a buzzword!!!!! I don't know what it means, but fuck it, le viral face xD
>>
bump to make the fags mad
>>
It was good back in the day for what it is. But yeah, I agree. Especially compared with games like Chrono Trigger it's unreal the attention this game gets from legamersplus.
>>
>>287957367
Yes but the GAMEPLAY is FUN.
>>
>>287957367
>no unique equipment build
I guess you never played the game or else you'd know about jeff
>>
>>287958807
>Bottle rockets and shitty items that don't work on bosses

WOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
Playing it for the first time. Just got to Threed. Having a wonderful time.

Cya suckers! No spoilers for me!
>>
>>287958986
That's a very Earthbound post.
>>
>>287958986
In case you haven't actually left, Porky betrays you and Giygas is a fetus.
>>
not all games need to be replayable or nonlinear. it still has gameplay, and is fairly difficult for the genre.
>>
>>287957367
>For an RPG, it has no replay value
huh? RPG's are long as fuck. Why would you want to replay them
>>
>>287959164
>and is fairly difficult for the genre.

When does this happen?

Mother 1 was fucking difficult - but EB is a cakewalk
>>
>>287959187
>>287959187
The same reason I rewatch shows and go on theme park rides more than once.
>>
>>287959187
You may be surprised by this - but some RPGs can have different things occur based on player behavior or choices you make

It might blow your tiny Earthbound playing mind - but it happens.
>>
>>287959523
You're still playing through dozens or hundreds of hours of functionally identical content to get a couple extra lines of dialog. If you think that's worth it, congratulations. You have actual, diagnosable autism.
>>
>>287959654
>You're still playing through dozens or hundreds of hours of functionally identical content to get a couple achievements. If you think that's worth it, congratulations. You have actual, diagnosable autism.

Now go back to your Xbox, kiddie.
>>
>>287959735
What the fuck, that strawman isn't even accurate to my actual preferences in video games.
>>
>>287957367
You can't really ask for a lot, for a console that could barely fit 120mb.
>>
>>287957962
How's high school treating you? Don't worry, all those strange words adults say will make sense eventually.
>>
>still posting this

Jesus fuck you're pathetic.
>>
>>287958671
No it's not. The sound effects, the dialogue, the quips, the atmosphere, the story, the themes are what's fun.

NOT THE GAMEPLAY WHICH IS A BOTTOM OF THE BARREL RPG.

But you guys on't know the difference. You claim you love gameplay, but you care about games with rehashed gameplay like Mario or Bloodborne, or games with simply, meaningless gameplay.
>>
>>287960963
The gameplay is dated, but it's not completely terrible. The rolling HP bars and myriad of humorous in battle enemy actions do a lot to spice up the otherwise barebones battle system, as does the superb soundtrack.
>>
A few months ago I played through the game using only Ness. Meaning I would let the other party members die and stay unconscious so that they'd never level or otherwise contribute to battles. Of course you can't avoid Poo coming in to finish the barf fight, but other than that it was basically Ness walking around with 3 extra inventories. Try that if you're looking for a challenge.

[Spoiler]I DID have to revive Paula for the last part of the giygas fight, but she was at level 1 [/spoiler]
>>
>>287959371
Because you're a stupid pleb with poor memory?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.