[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I'm tired of so called "videogames" that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 100 art 0 fun.jpg (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
100 art 0 fun.jpg
612KB, 1920x1080px
Alright, I'm tired of so called "videogames" that are pretentious, artsy, DAMN! THE STORY THO, etc

I want to play a game that actually focuses on actual GAMEPLAY, a game that is actually fun, anything else is optional.

Recommend me such a game, /v/.
>>
metal slug
>>
Most fighting games, Killing Floor, Terraria, Beat m Ups and Shooter s, most older platformers, Crazy Taxi, most racing games, Doom and such, bunch of sim-type games.

What kind of games do you like, turbo queer?
>>
Solitaire faggot
>>
Metal Gear Solid 3
>>
>>286332717
games that requires a bit of skill and has some progression elements

racing games have no sense of progress
shooter games require almost no skill and are repetitive
>>
What I'm currently playing fits the bill:

Titanfall
Subterranean Animism
and to a lesser extent, Escha&Logy, due to there being frequent story intermissions but mastering the crafting system is pretty fun
>>
So what you're looking for is a game with "RPG elements" which is not a shooter.

I would have recommended Puyo Puyo or DoDonPachi, but those don't fall under your vague criteria. Can you be more specific?
>>
Metal Gear Slug series.
>>
COD
>>
>>286331984
How about you go with both and try Transistor?
>>
Have you ever even played a racing game or a shooter? The things you said are not true.
>>
two words for you my anon, shadow warrior
>>
Bioshock __2__
>>
>>286331984
Solid Slug Triple X: Snake Eater
>>
>>286331984
Dark Souls 2
>>
wtf ura chump
>>
>>286331984
dwarf fortress.
There is no better feeling.
It's better than heroine. It's better than sex.

And after you've mastered the mechanics of flow control and pump stacks it turns out you can translate them into relay ladder logic design and get a job playing real dwarf fortress AKA SCADA systems. best part is you can be playing dwarf fortress in another window and it just looks like you're doing twice the amount of work.

i got promoted to manager so fast I hardly have time to play dwarf fortress anymore :(
>>
>>286331984
Why the fuck would you put a Bioshock screenshot there.

Sure it has story bits but 90% of the game is shootan, setting traps and lighting niggers on fire.

In fact why the fuck are you apparently tunnel visioning on games you DONT like. You're confusing.
>>
File: 1409629591661.jpg (236KB, 897x900px) Image search: [Google]
1409629591661.jpg
236KB, 897x900px
>>286331984
Metal Snake series.
>>
>>286331984
MGR
>>
league of legends would be good
>>
>>286331984
No, because you sound like a fucking autist.

Go take a break from video games and fun in general so your dopamine reserves can be replenished.
>>
>>286333909
He said gameplay.
>>
>>286335923
He didnt post a picture of Bioshock. He posted a picture of Bioshock Infinite, which has just as much to do with the original Bioshock in terms of gameplay as System Shock had to do with the original Bioshock.
>>
File: BioShock-Images-7.jpg (370KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
BioShock-Images-7.jpg
370KB, 1280x800px
>>286331984
>tfw you will never live in the Glorious proud white city of columbia
>>
>>286335783
SCADA? I'm going to assume you're talking microarchitecture design. I've wanted to take the 'dwarven computer' and build a version out of basic electronic elements and transistors.
>>
>>286334006
I don't think you know what "skill" is, and you probably use "it doesn't require any skill" as a criticism of games you are unskilled at.
>>
mechwarrior 4
>>
>>286336880
that's some sperglord shit right there. I designed registers before and trust me prototyping them with discrete gates is terrible. google "fanout".

SCADA stands for "supervisory control and data acquisition" a lot of the interfaces that you interact with are actually a lot like dwarf fortress, mostly menu navigation and interpretation of symbology. Not to mention SCADAs applications are hand in hand with playing dwarf fortress at a moderate-advanced level: manufacturing, production, power generation, fabrication, refining, water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, oil and gas pipelines, electrical power transmission and distribution, wind farms, civil defense siren systems, large communication systems. I actually work under a guy who previously worked at NASA under the director of computer space flight.
There's a few courses you can take for under $300 to get accredited then start shipping your resume around local factories and power companies. They eat this shit up.
>>
X-COM it has next to no story and cool gameplay
(just know that anything below 50%=0%)
>>
File: 285440_2014-06-06_00001.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
285440_2014-06-06_00001.png
1MB, 1280x768px
Literally zero story.

Going into double break mode is among the most satisfying things ever made in a video game.

Probably hundreds of hours of replayability if you want to 1cc each of the modes.

Easily my GOTY for 2014.
>>
>>286331984
Try Firefall
>>
>>286336880
>>286337979

i mean not to discourage you from electronics, it's an amazing field, but you have to realize that there are intrinsic problems with building a computer from discrete components.
Using dwarf fortress to learn the baics of logic gates is a great thing, but a computer is a large scale project. You'd be better off starting by playing with retrocomputing (well known chips like the 6809 and such). Learn to program in basic, then learn assembly, then learn c and buy an arduino, strt wiring the two things together and havign them "talk" to each other.

learn to solder, study operational amplifiers (there's a challenge that's more surmountable for a beginner as far as building things out of discreet components!) I think you'll learn to love electronics and what you can make them do for you.
>>
>>286338314
Seconding this. Crimzon Clover is one of the most fun games I have ever played. It only takes around 30 mins. to beat, but I've put dozens of hours into it because the mechanics are so satisfying.
>>
File: gameofmen.gif (13KB, 507x365px) Image search: [Google]
gameofmen.gif
13KB, 507x365px
just move on to the ultimate test of skill
>>
Monster Hunter 3U or 4U
>>
>>286331984

bunny must die, melty blood, dmc3/4
>>
>>286331984
>>286331984
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Modded Bethesda games
Chronicles of Riddick
Wolfenstein: TNO
Doom II/Final Doom + wads
Heretic
State of Decay Breakdown/Lifeline, if you can stomach repetitive sidequests
Minecraft (rollback to beta 1.5-1.6)
Hitman: Blood Money
Quake III
UT GOTY/2k4
Mortal Kombat 4 (because muh combos)
>>
ORCS MUST DIE!
>>
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is the most video game-ass video game to come out in the last five years.
>>
>>286337979
Not only did I play a bit of 40d16 back in the day, I've used the front end computer systems of both papa johns and sears, that sounds like it qualifies me already.

>>286338701
I'm already fairly well acquainted with them. I wasted a shitload of elective credits in the shop taking basic electronics classes. The robotics class used PIC microcontrollers along with discreet electronics. And while I'm garbage at EE itself and I can barely do a properly calculated schematic to save my life, I'm pretty damn experienced in the art of throwing shit together in a matter that looks like it works until it does. I rewired the entire robot by winging it to save a few bytes each instance of a certain instruction and double my available output pins. Ran fucking circles around everyone.

Just consider me a stubborn idiot hobbyist. I'm confident I can pull it off, I've spent countless hours researching the subject. It's damn fascinating. You ever listen to the clacking of a hand-built electromechanical relay computer? Music.
>>
>>286341360
CEDX+ is fucking godly although you're best off pirating the whole thing since DLC is a pain in the ass, especially since it's for shit like music and maps.
I just wish it had a classic pac-man mode.
>>
>>286331984
Tetris
>>
>>286339634
>generic shootans
>bethesda games
>linear story driven crap
>gameplay
bwahaha
if you want to see what is a game done right take a look at monster hunter series
>>
>>286343783
Here's your reply, smug contrarian guy
>>
>>286331984
Dying Light
Great combat and parkour mechanics, greath graphics, shit story and characters. Some side quests are interesting though
>>
Killing Floor
Dark Souls
Starcraft2
League of Legends
STALKER
MGS Revengeance
Beat Hazard
Darkest Dungeon

Some stuff i've been playing lately.

Focused on gameplay, like, you know VIDEOGAMES.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.