[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 41xm-o43dzL.jpg (30KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
41xm-o43dzL.jpg
30KB, 500x334px
Thoughts?
>>
>>285770659
It's an emulator for SNES still, I think. So it has problems with several games.
>>
"So many slots for my micro dick"
-Gabe Newell
>>
I can download every single game all of those consoles in probably 10 mins, why the fuck would anyone waste their money on this shit
>>
...Why?

Buying old consoles isn't expensive or difficult, buying the games is. Why I would I buy some wonky Frankenconsole when I could just dish out probably equal or less money to buy the original hardware and get perfect, guaranteed playback of my cartridges?

If you're going to use something like this, just emulate. If you want to play old games in their original state, just buy the fucking consoles.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aXFNtEm7Hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA58fg6wZSM
>>
For what purpose? Why not just emulate?
>>
>Paying for stolen retroarch code

good goy
>>
>>285771139
Some people no doubt want the physical copies, but don't wanna have 10 consoles all hooked up.
>>
>emulator
>requiring the cartridge

pointless
>>
>>285771231
Does his hat say gay on it?
>>
File: 1419810867446.jpg (20KB, 240x227px) Image search: [Google]
1419810867446.jpg
20KB, 240x227px
>>285771402
>muh physical copies!
>muh morals!
>It's just not the same on pc!
>>
>>285771402
Hilariously enough, IT IS an emulator. It literally is running Android, and the Retroarch emulator on it. Fucking seriously. Just, instead of the rom file, it rrads off a physical cartridge for no reason or gain.

And it uses stolen, uncredited RA code.
>>
>>285771139
Maybe you have a bunch of flashcartridges and you don't have the consoles.
>>
>>285771608
Carts take much more space than consoles.

Also, that thing runs an emulator on android. It has nothing to do with real hardware whatsoever, so even the point of authenticity is left uncovered.
>>
>Being able to play my emulators with the actual controllers

Could be nice. But not worth the money.
>>
>>285772810
So, you have fake carts and an emulatorbox (retron). What's the point? Nust emulate on good hardware without having to buy shoddy and truly pointless hack shit like this.
>>
Isn't this thing pretty glitchy and incompatible with a bunch of games?
>>
>>285772909
You can already do than on PC.
>>
>>285771080
because they already own all the carts?
>>
>>285772813
I ain't agreeing with it, but Its market is most likely people wanting to save space, and not have more than two retro consoles set up and to change cables alot
>>
>not just building a cute little emulation machine
>wasting money on something some fuccboi built solely to profit off of
>>
Is it an emulator for all of that or is it actual system hardware?

If it's just an emulator, I don't honestly care.
>>
>>285770659
Buy a Retron 4 which was actual cloned console hardware.

The Retron 5 is just a fucking underpowered Android box running stolen emulator source code with read/write access to cartridges.

All it's good for is to dump carts and saves.

You can even root and hack the console to load roms from the SD card.
>>
>>285773197
You've been laughed out of /vr/, so you're trying here? That's just sad. Get a fucking job.

Nobody's stupid enough to buy emulator boxes running Android (literally) on here.
>>
>>285770659
me and my wife love playing duck tails and mega men on the retron 5
>>
>>285773468
It's the android port of Retroarch. A hacked emulator on cellphone hardware. I wish I was fucking kidding.
>>
>>285770659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6G1svj7Ng
>>
>>285773437
How?
>>
>>285773639
Jesus Christ, just stop.
>>
>>285773885
google

make sure you use an intel processor though
>>
>>285773736
Actually the frontend is original code but they copied most of the libretro api code which they were forced to open source.
>>
Me,my wife and our dog loves the Retron5. Its great as it save a lot of space so we can finally get rid of all those old consoles and replace them with a single Retron5. And the best part is that we can use our real carts in it, we don't have to bother with illegal and complicated emulation that downloads viruses on to our computer. We bought 2 Retron5's and we are very happy with them.
>>
>>285770659
Most people I've met who want one feel like the game cart is where authenticity comes from, rather than the console and how it processes the rom, which is really quite sad. I feel that it's sad that people fall for thinking a game's medium are more crucial to the experience than how that data is handled.

Flashcarts play the same games 1:1, offering a more accurate experience, if you have carts just to play and not for collecting you can easily sell them and get the same experience with a flashcart. Plus if you investigate you can easily get 3-4 consoles for the same price as a Retron 5, maybe even more.

If you're a collector you owe it to yourself to play on the original hardware, else you're really just dumping a rom each time that could be easily found online (as the retron does a header check to make sure the game is in its database before playing it).
>>
>>285773885
you cant really build them, just buy parts to complete them
>>
It's an emulator box. You should never buy one unless you don't care about authenticity.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.