[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

STEAM MACHINES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 93

File: aDS5g0m.png (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aDS5g0m.png
631KB, 1920x1080px
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam_machines

H A P P E N I N G
>>
>>285723372
Literally not a single device cheaper than a console.
Why did you lie to me /v/? I thought PC gaming was cheap.
>>
>>285723532
you need to pay for quality
also, one time investment might be higher, but pc gaming is cheaper on the long run.
>>
good, now they can also shove ads in our face everytime we turn it on.
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (47KB, 356x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
200_s[1].gif
47KB, 356x200px
>>285723372
>$500
>$700
>$1000

I don't want this
>>
>>285723372
>$4,999

Holy shit, are you kidding me?
>>
>>285723691
>buy a $500 console
>play games until the end of it's lifespan

>buy a $1000+ PC
>have to upgrade in a year
>>
File: SMLcnPP.png (104KB, 564x385px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SMLcnPP.png
104KB, 564x385px
What in the fuck

1000$ for a 750Ti?
>>
File: ahahahaha.gif (414KB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ahahahaha.gif
414KB, 480x270px
>cheapest one is still more expensive than the most expensive console
>>
File: anime.png (24KB, 285x303px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anime.png
24KB, 285x303px
>5,000 $$$
>FIVE THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARDOOS

For what?
>>
>>285723372
Can anyone please explain to me the difference between this and prebuilts?
>>
>>285724031
0
>>
>>285723940
Holy fuck. This is worse than Alienware.
>>
>>285724031
It's from STEAM. You know, those guys who saved PC gaming? That means it's better!
>>
>>285723891
>le technology illiterate maymay
>>
It will sell because casuals can't handle PC building

There are people on /v/ that can't even download and install a pirate game
>>
>>285724031
Steam machines are for the console dumbs that dont know how to build a PC. They're essentially pre builts, but they are pre built for games, which most pre builts normally aren't. Also it comes with an OS by default that is essentially like the OS you get on your console, so yeah.
>>
>>285724124
The ayyware steam machine is actually the best price/performance there is. Everything else is just fucking ridiculous
>>
File: 1399111380757.jpg (46KB, 400x438px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399111380757.jpg
46KB, 400x438px
>>285723891
>Buy a $500 console
>Have to pay for online

>Buy a $500 PC
>No extra charge for online
>>
>>285723691
Oh so now is like that?
>>
>>285723940
>500GB SSHD


thats the pricetag dumbass.
>>
Why not build a PC and buy an HDMI cable
>>
>>285724031
Operating system.

It's basically console version of gaming PC meant for dudebros and other plebs.
>>
>>285724273
>sshd

Who's the dumbass again?
>>
>>285723891
>>have to upgrade in a year

What a fresh realistical meme
>>
>>285724017
If that's too much for you, just remember that Gaben get a cut for every steam machine sold and he can use the profit to buy food to sustain himself so he can finish his magnum opus: Half Life 3.
>>
>>285724196
>trade/sell tf2/dota/cs hats
>have hundreds of dollars of shit
>all this shits on the steamstore
>can use gabebux to buy PCs
LOL
>>
>>285723372
>750ti
>$1000
>$500 with 250x
>250 fucking x

This is a joke isn't it? This shit is as overpriced as fucking alienware computers.
>>
>>285723963
>>cheapest one is still more expensive than the most expensive console

> buy 400€ console
> need to pay 50€ or a monthly fee to play online
> games cost 60€

> buy 500€ PC
> plays just as good or better than consoles
> free online
> crazy high sales all the time
> cheap games
>>
>>285724424
you
>>
>>285723891
>buy a $500 console
>play games until the end of it's lifespan
why is this a positive?
>>
>>285723372
THREAD THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
>>
>>285724531
Whatever helps you sleep at night, bud. :^)
>>
>>285724468
>This shit is as overpriced as fucking alienware computers.

Note that the alienware steam machine is the best price/performance there is. The specs aren't half bad and the price is ok
>>
>>285724640
>starting at $480
>>
>>285723372

The fuck is going on when ALIENWARE is the cheap option?
>>
ITT people not understanding this is valve's attempt to get the dumb console fags into PC gaming that use the excuse "pc is too complicated"
>>
So this is basically a console/computer hybrid made specifically to play steam games on your tv and cost thousands of bucks to buy? Why?
>>
>>285723372
>500 to 5000 dolaridoos

This is not your average judaism, this is ADVANCED judaism!
>>
>>285724426
Have you ever been to /g/? The garbage they are selling you by default is outdated.
>>
>>285724907
>Why?
dumb console faggots will but it
>>
>>285724149
>Steam saved pc gaming
Is that a real thing? People actually dare to say something so completely retarded? I know you're sarcastic but I hope there isn't one who actually says this shit.

>Creating a fucking drm software to the point where everyone jumped on the bandwagon and you need to have 5 different drm programs on your pc to play all games is "saving" a thing that never needed saving in the first place.
>>
>>285724872
y-yeah! it's the dumb sony ponys again
>>
>>285724808
They are actually the worst option, they have a GPU soldered to the chassis, so you can't upgrade it. Literally a waste of money.
>>
Anybody else reminded of the 3DO when they think of Steam Machines?
>>
>$799 USD
>Intel® Core™ I3 4160
>NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 750
>8Gb DDR3
>Storage 1TB

I'm 'avin a giggle here
>>
>>285724951

Gabe is truly the king of the juden
>>
>>285724907
To bait the kids that think more $ = more performance into dumping more money into Valve for a massive profit.
>>
So is valve not going to release their own machine? It looked much better than those LED filled garbage. Hell, I'd love it if they actually just sold the case so I could build my on PC using it.
>>
>Further consolizing PC gaming

M-master race.
>>
What's the appeal of buying a steam machine at $1000? I could buy a normal PC for that price, even prebuilt, and while it wouldn't be as good it'd have a larger library (I think, don't those things only use Steam OS games?) and give the option to upgrade.
>>
Daft Punk marketing when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5pj7X4ArZ4
>>
So this is a pre build with the steam logo?
>>
>>285725025
What's the best option there, then?
>>
>HAHA IT'S OK THOUGH, THEY'RE JUST BAITING CONSOLE KIDDIES INTO BUYING AN OVERPRICED PC

It's ok when Valve does it.
>>
>>285725208
>it wouldn't be as good

have you even looked at the specs? The $1000 model is a fucking i3 and a 750ti. That's a $450-550 rig.
>>
quick question

Is there literally any reason to buy one if you have a bitchin PC strong enough to run contemporary games at max?
>>
>>285725297

you can upgrade them, change the OS if you want and use a controller/mouse&keyboard

still better than consoles I guess
>>
>>285724997
steam is literally the only reason PC is relevant
>>
>>285725297
Nobody said it was okay to charge this much, but strawman all you want anon.
>>
>>285725369
Nope.
>>
>>285725232
They are all very bad, but at least any of the other ones are upgradable.
>>
>>285724519
There are crazy sales on the PS store all the time.
>>
>>285724995
>>285725184
So it's Ouya 2.0 by Steam? Alrighty
>>
>>285725216

>I know you need it
>I need it too
>I know you need it
>its good for you

holy shit is basically a fucking subliminal ad already
>>
>>285725369

if you don't want to take your other PC to the "living room" maybe
>>
>>285724519
> buy console
> have games

> buy PC
> remain a cuck forever

Explain this logic, pcuck
>>
>>285725479
How is it ouya, you fucking retard? You can actually play GAMES on this. It's just overpriced.
>>
>$1000 steam machine
>plays games almost as well as a $400 PS4

Kek, tell me again why I should get a steam machine with its shitty library performance?
>>
>>285725369
>should I buy a PC if I already have a pretty powerful PC
That's how retarded you sound.
>>
>>285723372
>Five thousand dollars for a pc

What the fuck is inside that thing? A particle accelerator?
>>
I don't really care unless someone makes a portable steambox.
Maybe the Nvidia Shield thing is good for that.
>>
>>
>>285725453
Do they really think it will fucking sell then!?

I'll just run an hdmi cable from my pc to the television if that's what I want but I'm fine the way I am.
>>
>>285725479
Well, in a way. It's still Linux (hence tons of games, and more are being ported) and it can be upgraded. I wouldn't simplify it that much, because SteamOS has potential but the specific steam machines listed here are a massive scam.

If they release actual realistically priced models, then this would be okay.
>>
>>285725025
>they have a GPU soldered to the chassis, so you can't upgrade it.
You don't upgrade consoles either. We're not dealing with DirectX anymore on the SteamOS. The Vulkan API is already low level so there's no overhead. A game released in 2020 for PS4 will run fine on a 960
>>
File: Easy.png (58KB, 170x159px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Easy.png
58KB, 170x159px
>Pay a ton for a shitty computer
HAHAHHAHAHA
GOOD CHOICE
OH WOW

HAAAAH
>>
>>285725205
That case looked rally fucking good. It upsets me that there is nothing in the market like it. I'd build a mini ITX build with it in a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1411587647671.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411587647671.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>$500 for shittiest specs I've ever seen with hardware that won't be able to run new games at 30 frames per second in any reasonable resolution.
>There are people who will buy this piece of shit
>There are people who think that pc games will somehow run better on those shitty rigs with linux because of magical optimisation or some shit.
>There are people who will post shit like "I finally join master race guys and bought my first steam machine!"
>There are people who defend Valve and still think they're the best shit ever when for last few years they were trying to become EA without games with so many issues that point them all out wouldn't be possible in one post.

Kill me now.
>>
>>285725718
>linux
>tons of games
>tons

Anon I think you should go back to school and learn how to count
>>
They really should have waited until 2016 due to 14nm GPU's

a $150 low end 14nm GPU will shit on what PS4 has

These Steammachines right now are more expensive than Consoles & not really more powerful, also all the $500-600 ones pack only 2GB VRAM, which really isn't enough anymore
>>
I'm going to wait till these bomb and end up being discounted by 75+% during a steam sale.
>>
>>285725652
Any modern rooted Android phone can SHIELD stream now, it's called Limelight + one of the many controller caddies.

SHIELD is a waste of money now because of that.
>>
>>285725727
Different anon but i just have one question
I never quite understand what "overhead" is.
Can someone explain?
>>
>>285725810
>when for last few years they were trying to become EA without games
citation needed on both points
>>
>>285725653
>4 inches wide

Someone call Rugarell
>>
>>285724625

God you're retarded :^)
>>
>>285723372
This is retarded. Just another Alienware tier prebuilt PC, but now Valve takes the cut.
Only good thing that could come out of SM is standardization of PC components, just to keep Ubisoft in check with their "PC users will buy another GPU".
>>
>>285725832
Oh I'm sorry I thought we were comparing these to the Ouya, not shitposting.

Anon I think you should crawl out of your mom's basement and check the amount of Linux-native games that are available on Steam now. It's not half the steam library yet, but it's growing.

But if it makes you feel good inside, keep spouting your outdated Linux games maymay.
>>
File: betterthanconsoles.jpg (22KB, 600x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
betterthanconsoles.jpg
22KB, 600x337px
>>285723372
Syber Steam Machine X

Price: $1,399
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K
GPU: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 980 4GB
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Storage: 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

Best one for sure.
>>
>>285723372
this has to be viral marketeering, no way in hell anyone on /v/ would be retarded enough to buy shitty overpriced prebuilds

right?
>>
>>285725917
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=overhead+(computing)
>>
>>285726085
Well I am hoping it creates an era of more optimized games
Since its mind-blowing that you can have better looking games just run like ass because they are made like shit
>>
>>285723891
>buy an equal-to-power pc to the best console for $600
>costs $100 more to upgrade between generations of equal-to-power
>>
>>285726157
Looks like it. I wish there was an option with an i5 4670K and a 970. Should be priced around 1000$
>>
>>285723372
>>285723532
>>285723691
>>285723714
>>285723750
>>285723838
>>285723891
>>285723940
>>285723963
>>285724031
>>285724017

This is just a PC with linux that looks like a console

only retards will buy one
>>
It's shit
>>
Steam, where the blunders come in waves.
>>
>>285726251
More layman than that anon :3c
>>
>>285723532
If you want cheap crap you are welcome to go and buy cheap crap. personally it doesn't seem to make much sense to try and run current gen games on last gen hardware. But hey, 20million ps4's sold, so clearly i am in the minority on that thought process
>>
First a $40 controller that looks like something mad katz made, and now this!
>>
>>285726140
I can't believe you fell for that hahahaha oh my fucking god. You're too easy, /v/.
>>
>>285726157
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353410/

The Asus ROG GR8S looks like it's going to be pretty good too for the price
>>
File: Vulkan_2.png (310KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vulkan_2.png
310KB, 3000x1688px
>>285725917
>>
File: Capture2.png (34KB, 600x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture2.png
34KB, 600x200px
EXPLAIN THIS PCUCKS
>>
But these come out in November. Surely the price must drop significantly by then?
>>
>>285723891
>play games until the end of it's lifespan
Which is a year tops.
>>
File: bald dante.jpg (85KB, 400x402px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bald dante.jpg
85KB, 400x402px
>100% digital console masqueraded as a PC

Is there actually someone on here interested in this?
>>
>>285726157
That's not a bad price

Wonder if the 980 is reference though
>>
>>285726474
>Starting at $699
>4gb of ram
>no ssd
>960 gtx
>some dirty i5 that you can't oc
>good
TOPPEST OF LELS.
>>
>>285726503
So just less wasted resources
>>
File: 1411924028776.jpg (36KB, 630x420px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411924028776.jpg
36KB, 630x420px
>>285723372
>AMD Athlon™ X4 840
>GPU: ATI Radeon™ R7 250X 1GB GDDR5
>RAM: 4GB Ram
>500 GB HD
>$459

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>285726690
But that's for how much you'd get a PC like that if you built it yourself
>>
>>285726140
>But if it makes you feel good inside, keep spouting your outdated Linux games maymay.
>outdated

Tell me anon, what games are you looking forward to this year? Most of the ones I am excited for are not coming to linux, and most likely wont anytime soon in the near future.

With the price to performance ratio of steam machines I seriously doubt they will gain very much market share and devs will just abandon linux again.
>>
Do they have a pink machine for girl gamers?
>>
>>285726903
You honestly believe this? Ok.
>>
>>285726390
>Overhead is any combination of excess or indirect computation time, memory, bandwidth, or other resources that are required to attain a particular goal.

Are you a moron?
>>
File: 1319921602834.png (245KB, 527x526px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1319921602834.png
245KB, 527x526px
> $480

>CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 Dual-Core processor
>GPU: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX - 2GB GDDR5
>Memory: 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz
>Storage: 500GB Hard Drive

$200 worth of parts in a shiny case.
>>
>>285727016
Go make a customized build on any website and show me it's cheaper. I did it myself and it's about the same price
>>
So it's basically Alienware, but with SteamOS?

You're still retarded for buying this or other prebuilt
>>
>>285726157
Surprised they can fit all that shit in there without heat issues.
>>
>>285726995
>inb4 rainbow ps4
>>
>>285727016

Not that guy, the GPU and CPU already cost roughly $450.
Now you got around $250 for good featured mobo, case and everything else.
>>
>>285723532
>PC gaming was cheap.
>what are steam summer sales
>what is piracy
>what is gog
>>
>>285727116

but doesn't alienware make my computer go faster?
>>
>>285727078
I didn't even click the link anon
I'm just lazy and yes I am
>>
>>285727142
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

The $631 is already better.
>>
>>285727116

The CPU is around $110
Memory $40
HDD $50

???????
>>
>>285727475
V U L K A N
>>
>>285727475
Does it have red LEDs? If so, yeah. Blue LEDs are going to keep your rig cooler though.
>>
>>285726934
I don't understand. Anon said this is OUYA 2.0, which it clearly isn't because it runs a PC operating system, hence has games, and is getting more ported to it, plus it can be upgraded.

Somehow this makes me a Linux fanboy and that a site that sells games with Linux ports is incorrect and I am an idiot? I don't get it.
>>
>>285727539

>i3
>Running a dual core CPU on these day gaming.
>>
>>285726276
Why would they? SM specs are ranging from I5 with built-in HD Graphics to 8k$ overpriced shit with i7 and 2 GTTX980 on board. It's just another way to milk valvedrones and unsuspecting customers.
Valve really takes PC crowd for granted.
>>
>He can't afford the Tiki
What are you, poor?
>>
>>285726650
good goy
>>
File: 1413704748341.jpg (51KB, 1228x928px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413704748341.jpg
51KB, 1228x928px
>buying a PC so all you can play is early access and western trash
>>
>>285727764
Still better.
>>
>>285727213

On the plus side, if enough retards buy these things Microsoft might get some competition.
>>
File: 1312684957469.jpg (227KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1312684957469.jpg
227KB, 900x1200px
>>285725653
>8 TB SSD

For what reason?
>>
>>285723940

oh my fuck, an i3, 750ti, and a frankenstein hard drive? for 1k? holy fuck that's jewish
>>
>>285727539

>$631 you got i3
>add another $100 you got i5 like the steam machine spec

Who the dumb faggot now?
>>
>>285723372

Fuck these, waste of money.

If you're going to blow that much money, why won't people just make a PC, put it in another room (so it can be used for other shit) and buy a Steam Link?

They're pricing themselves out the market, and they haven't even launched.
>>
File: 1365130370254s.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365130370254s.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>285727936
> mfw steam machines will never be accepted in japan
> mfw otakus will never buy steam machines
> mfw we'll never get japanese games
> mfw no atlus, no final fantasy, no dragon quest, no yakuza, no anything on steam machines
> mfw japan will forever be sony's bitch
>>
>paying this much for no games
>>
>>285726695
By pushing all the work onto the application the drivers are simple and multi platform. But it makes it 'harder' to write/debug games/graphical applications.
>>
>>285726157
Still overpriced but the most reasonable one I've seen so far.
>>
>>285728108
>buy a Steam Link

Surely you meant to type 'HDMI cable'
>>
>>285727813
Well if Vulkan is as good as it states, it should make this easier.
However...
>gaming industry liking change at all
>>
>>285728157
>we will never get weebshit
Good
>>
>>285728179
They'll come eventually

I mean, look at the PS4
>>
>>285727936
better than japanese trash any day of the week
>>
File: 1413871998313.jpg (62KB, 593x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413871998313.jpg
62KB, 593x540px
>>285728286
Whatever you say pleb
>>
>>285728079
>conveniently ignoring all the other specs that are better like the 8GB RAM or 1TB HD
Not to mention to get an i5 would just need to add about 60 bucks, it would still be cheaper than the 699 the most basic asus one costs.
>>
>>285728179
Considering people already paid $400 for a Blu Ray player, retards will always exist.
>>
>>285727941

Are you an idiot?

>for $631 you got some shitty i3
>If you pay another $100 to changed it into i5 the price raise to $731
>Steam machine with 4 gigs of RAM is $699

I guess you pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>285727936
Name one current gen console with more jap games than PC

Try looking at facts instead of spouting epic maymays
>>
>>285728252
>>gaming industry liking change at all
Vulkan is supposed to be a simple and easy API so it shouldn't be a problem. Gabe stated before that he was really surprised how welcome a lot of developers were when they started all of this linux crap 1 or 2 years ago
>>
>>285728236

Well yeah there's that too. For someone like me, my PCs in my room (small house, not a lot of places to put the damned thing), so trailing a HDMI cable all the way down would make my house look like shit just be wildly impractical.

I'd drop £40 or so on a Link, easily.
>>
>>285728441
Vtia
>>
>>285728441
Porn games don't count you jackass
>>
>>285728441
Difference is, PS4 will. PC won't.
>>
>>285728441
Is Vita considered current gen? If so then Vita but aside from that, PC has been getting a lot of nip games recently. Hopefully the trend continues because I have no plans on buying any of the current gen consoles.
>>
>>285728157

> mfw no atlus, no final fantasy, no dragon quest, no yakuza, no anything on steam machines


ahahaha mustard race,right ?
enjoy all dem graphics.
PCUCK
>>
>>285728449
It'll be the day when microsoft and directkek are removed from the spotlight
>>
>>285728690
>no final fantasy
?
>>
>>285727142
I'm too lazy so I'm just looking at amazon prices right now which means you could probably buy it cheaper if u used price comparison.

>960gtx - $200
>4gb ddram 3 1600mhz - $30
>1tb hdd (more than asus offers) $40 or 128gb ssd for $50
>i5 cpu costs between $150-$250 depending how jewish they are but for sake of argument we will go with amazing 4690K for $230
>basic 1150 motherboard (remember that this shit offers no customization and no room for extra peripherals, gpus, pci-e tv cards etc.) for $50 from gigabyte
>any micro atx case between $30 to $40. There are so many good looking ones with decent air flow in this price match.
>evga 500w 80+ psu for $40
>free os, if you're retarded enough you can even install steamos

TOTAL COST: $630 to $640 for a customizable pc with better parts. You save at least $50. Use price comparison websites and you can probably go for $600 price mark. BTFO.
>>
File: Chad_daddy.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chad_daddy.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>285723372
>people paying more than console price for linux machines, which have less than half of all Windows games
>it's a miracle in the first place that major console IPs such as MGS or GTA are ported to Windows

Combine a high price with an OS which supports only a few (and ancient no less) games and not getting ANY relevant games, and I see this failing hard. It'd fare so much better if they used Windows instead, which they Ayylmaoware Alpha does.
>>
>>285726157
You can get all those parts for $950, not on sale.

I very much doubt the plastic case and power supply and OS cover that $450 extra

These steam machines are a new take on ripping off idiots who build pre-builts.
>>
>>285728690
>no final fantasy

When will the peasants learn /v/?
>>
Why are people suprissed that steambox' are nothing more than PC consoles?

I mean you had to know this was already the case, right?
That you were just going to build a PC and install steamOS instead...right?
Riggghtttt?
>>
>>285728252
>Vulcan
We don't know for sure. We already have Mantle and DX12 is on the way. If DX12 as least half as good as people say it is, we have a clear winner.

Not only devs will have to choose between DX11,12 and Mantle, Valve will split PC community introducing Linux based SteamOS.
I really doubt PC will pick up Vulcan. Stick with DX12.
>>
File: 1410196638856.jpg (47KB, 515x515px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410196638856.jpg
47KB, 515x515px
>>285728893
>being proud of having one of the worst final fantasy games
>>
>>285728875
>who build pre-builts.

who BUY* pre-builts.
>>
>>285728893
Sonyggers are like the manlets of gaming.
>>
File: 457345634673.png (99KB, 247x248px)
457345634673.png
99KB, 247x248px
>overpriced prebuilts with pre installed drm

OMG FUCK MY ASS HARDER, GABEN! IKUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>285728947
Vulcan is not a linux only API, it works on intel cards. In fact, if you look at >>285726503
, it's much more portable than DirectX or OpenGL for that matter.
>>
>>285728947
Mantle is dead. AMD said so. The point of Mantle was to revolutionize this shit and serve as a basis for Vulkan and DX12. It's no longer need and irrelevant
>>
>>285723891
now THIS is one stinky meme
>>
>>285728994
Lightning Returns too, this spring
>>
>>285728994
Obviously by pointing out 13 it's just showing how newer ones are more likely to get released on PC, because you can literally play from 12 and under using emulators.
>>
File: 1382404935698.png (293KB, 558x561px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1382404935698.png
293KB, 558x561px
>>285728994
If this shitty game sold well on Steam despite being released years later, then it stands to reason that Square will likely see potential for their other games. Square does publish a variety of western games that also have PC versions, and those versions seem to do particularly well. The only reason I reckon FF15 and KH3 being console exclusive is because Sony and MS paid them to keep it console exclusive, seeing as those are two of the last major console IPs.
>>
>>285723891
>pay 1000$
>get console and 10 games
>or get a pc and all the games for free
>>
>>285728372
>plays jap garbage like neptunia
>posts oreimo pictures
>calls anyone a pleb
>>
File: 1413678053241.jpg (54KB, 706x655px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413678053241.jpg
54KB, 706x655px
>>285729565
>all Japanese games are Neptunia
>western shit eater thinks his opinion matters
>>
>>285728893
>taking pride of having one of the worst FF on PC

nothing to see here guys, just PCfats enjoying their leftovers
>>
>>285729669
>>285729258
>>
>>285728157
PC gaming used to be the defacto means of gaming in Japan for a while. It's the reason why the Famicom was called the Family COMPUTER in the first place, or how Sony's video game branch is called Sony COMPUTER Entertainment.
>>
>>285729136
Someone need to push this shit.
Maybe Android and other Portable OSs will adapt Vulcan, iOS has that Metal thing, Windows has DX12, and I doubt anyone will push Vulcan for Windows PC. If it really good as they say people on Linux will embrace it, but I doubt anyone else will.
Who cares about mobile gaming?
I also really doubt it's as good as they say.
>>
File: ihavebrainproblems.png (545KB, 548x744px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ihavebrainproblems.png
545KB, 548x744px
Who to fuck called this 3 inches long shitposter from /a/? Ruga go home, no one gives a fuck about your opinion and the fact that you have to hide your power levels because you're filtered by 90% of /v/ is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>285729643
>defending shitunia
>defending keion
>defending oreimo

what then? persona 5? final fantasy? that garbage needs to die
>>
>>285729796
It's VulKan
>>
>>285724385
But the Operating system is just Debian with steam pre installed on it.
Build a pc, install Debian, install steam. Congratulations you now have a steam machine.
>>
>>285728994
>"PC doesn't have final fatasy"
>yes we do
>"WELL IT WAS SHIT ANYWAYS!"
>>
>>285726157
if it had a beefy SSD I'd say that's worth the price, but a 1 TB HDD... c'mon son
>>
>>285729785
>the Famicom was called the Famicom because of PC gaming
>>
>>285729548
>pirating games
>linux

lmao
>>
>>285729962
Are you implying 13 WASN'T shit?
>>
ITT: mustards who don't realize that Valve isn't even making these things; they're just advertising them in their storefront.
>>
>>285723372
>Steam console
why would i buy this
i buy consoles for exclusives
If all it has are Steam games then wouldn't it be better for me to just use my PC?
>>
File: 12343326.png (798KB, 718x538px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12343326.png
798KB, 718x538px
>>285723372
What is the point of this? if you're bad with your hands and really nervous about building your own PC stores like Canada Computers will build it for you, and I'm pretty sure the fee they charge isn't high. Stores must exist like that in the U.S, Europe etc.

idk I feel like someone who really cares about PC gaming would build their own. Some people will buy this sure but is there really such a large market for this
>>
>>285724017

ultra high end GPU and up to 8TB of SSD storage. The 5 grand is probably mainly from SSD raid arrays.
>>
>>285729998
Believe it or not, yes. PC gaming was really big in Japan. There wasn't a console gaming market in Japan before the Famicom, most games were made for Japanese PCs. Then developers slowly started peeling away from PCs, but several devs like Konami or Hudson still made games for PCs.
>>
>>285724248
>playing online games
>>285723891
As much as I think console vs PC shitposting and mustard race bullshit should all go away, if you pay $1000 for a PC it should last a good while before needing an upgrade.
>>
>>285730139
no I'm calling you out
>actually trying to change the subject
>>
>>285730173
My hands are massive and I'm a clumsy 6'7 tall mother fucker. Yet I have built every pc I owned so far. This shit is fun, especially nowadays when you're so amazing cases that very often don't even require screws from you.
>>
>>285724872

Instead they'll just use the "I don't want to pay $2000 when I have my [console]" line instead as they have been using for years already.

If they made most of these steamboxes cheaper than a console I could understand the point of them since gaming prebuilts have already existed for years but are often stupid expensive. This is the exact same shit but with a less functional OS.
>>
>>285730393
YOU HAVE* SO AMAZING CASES. OOPS.
>>
>>285729961
>But the Operating system is just Debian
Not really. It has a custom kernel with more drivers and other shit related specifically to gaming.
>>
>>285730162
This thread is just console vs PC shitposting. There's literally nothing new about this. It's just another fucking prebuilt with Linux instead of Windows. I don't understand why the price or quality is surprising people here.
>>
>>285724872
But I'm a consolefag because of exclusives. I like the convenience of a console but the selling point are the exclusives?
Why the hell would I buy a Steam Machine? If I wanted PC exclusive games I'd just use a damn PC. Which I already do.
>>
I'm still not entirely clear on what the point of all this is. What exactly is a Steam Machine? Just a prebuilt computer with a Valve logo on it?
>>
>8gigs of ram
>1tb of harddrive
>Kaz: 999 US DOLLARS!
>>
>>285730692
A Steam Machine is a prebuilt computer with SteamOS pre-installed.
>>
>>285730568
Because in contrary to popular opinion Valve is just another shitty greedy company but many pcucks still believe they can do no wrong.
>>
>>285729925
Well that makes it better, if it's VulKan, then everyone will adapt it right away. Witcher 3 and GTA5 delayed again to implement VulKan support, all unreleased games are pushed back 1 year to make them Vulkan compatible.
>>
>>285730692
pretty much anything with steamos installed
>>
File: 1420050973556.jpg (58KB, 777x932px)
1420050973556.jpg
58KB, 777x932px
>>285729909
>hating on keion
You people need to die
>>
>>285730692
Steam Machine is a pre-built with a closed-source (lol) version of Debian installed that automatically boots to Steam Big Picture on startup.

Nothing else to it.
>>
>>285730863
>all unreleased games are pushed back 1 year to make them Vulkan compatible.

VulKan*
>>
>>285723372
What im wondering is if you can still pirate games in it
>>
>>285730863
>Witcher 3 and GTA5 delayed again to implement VulKan support,

Actually Witcher 3 is coming to SteamOS. It's probably running on OpenGL though (or even worse - a wrapper)
>>
Riddle me this, PCucks.

Why would anyone buy a decent Steam Machine or even build a PC for ~$800 when they could buy an Nvidia Shield for ~$200 and have access to the same shit.

Check mate, mustard rice.
>>
File: 1418489323198.jpg (231KB, 700x525px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418489323198.jpg
231KB, 700x525px
>>285723372

It's not MasterRace rig if u don't assemble it with your hands.

Nice try Gaben, we are still waiting for OrangeBox2.
>>
>>285723891
>>285723940
>>285723963
Vulkan will be the deciding factor in whether you guys are right or not.
>>
>>285731170
It's about as easy to pirate on Linux as Windows. It just depends on groups like skidrow and codex and other crap to crack and release them
>>
>>285731195
I think the Shield is just a devise you can stream to, you need a PC to stream from.
>>
>>285731005
nothing about keion is funny or interesting in any way
>>
>>285731195
What? Why are you shitposting? Because you clearly didn't read the thread. Literally no one on /v/ is defending this shit.
>>
>>285731065
You can't close source it. It has to be open source m8.
>>
do they have shit specs?
>>
>>285731349
I´m sorry that you can´t enjoy things
>>
File: 1404578024054.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404578024054.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
Those builds would sell like a hotcake if they would include half life 3
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
Do PCucks honestly think paying $800 for a shitty computer is better than paying $400 for a PS4 with exclusive games like Bloodborne, Persona 5, etc?

Valve dun goofed and your shitty SteamOS will have no exclusive games forever and ever.
>>
>>285731195
Riddle me this, (platform-based insult).

Why would anyone buy an Nvidia Shield for $200 when they can just get one of the many controller caddies for their smartphone that they should already have (it's 2015, you know) and use Limelight to do the exact same thing that a SHIELD does to stream?

Check mate, (platform-based insult).
>>
>>285731065
>>285730847
...why? What's the point? Couldn't anyone with a PC already just dual boot Steam OS for some reason? What's the point of Steam OS in the first place?
>>
File: 1424577385977.jpg (68KB, 628x708px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424577385977.jpg
68KB, 628x708px
>>285731678
I don't think anyone thought this would work, or at least I hope they didn't
>>
>>285731678
>muh amazing awesome exclusive games such as persona 5

and this is why we laugh at console niggers
>>
>>285731678
>Do PCucks honestly think paying $800 for a shitty computer is better than paying $400 for a PS4 with exclusive games like Bloodborne, Persona 5, etc?

No, actually. No one with a fucking brain will buy this overpriced garbo
>>
File: 1353637511611.png (173KB, 640x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1353637511611.png
173KB, 640x400px
>>285731678
>etc

There is no etc Sonygger
>>
>>285731678
>Persona 5
> PS4 exclusive

When will you console plebs stop with this?
>>
>>285731792
The target audience is people who are intimidated by computers.
>>
>>285731195
>PCucks
Is that pronounced "pee-cee-ucks"? Or is it supposed to have a more Goofy-like inflection of "pees-hyucks!"
>>
>>285731864
Yeah Persona is total shit right? Unlike your great exclusives like Gone Home and Depression Quest.
>>
>>285731792
It's Valve's attempt to bring the dummies and their money over to PC.

SteamOS has no purpose at all besides being an instant OS that needs no configuration. You'd be better off installing Windows or if you choose to use Linux, installing Debian and just putting Steam on it.

SteamOS is literally a preconfigured Debian that is meant only to play games, you can't do anything else with it unless you force close Steam and go to the heavily gimped and lacking operating system behind it.
>>
>>285732005
Personal Cucks
>>
>>285732005
I say it like peacock.
>>
I'll never get why consolebabbies always compare the price of a FULL PC with a console.

Only the difference between an average PC they ALL already own anyway to browse the web (post in here), watch porn etc. and a "gaming PC" should be considered.

Typically only the GPU, adding some ram and overclocking the CPU (even a fucking i3) is enough to turn a low-end PC into a decent gaming machine that will easily outclass all consoles out there.

Maybe replace the PSU too if you have one of these shitty 350W piece of shit.

Suddenly, gaming PC is more affordable.

If you only own a notebook/laptop/tablet/mobile, just kill yourself.
>>
>>285724248
>$500 computer
>able to run anything
Top fucking kek you retard
>>
>>285732005
I believe it's a play on the word peacock
>>
>prebuilt is fine as long as valve does it

Just build your own PC and install SteamOS on a partition if you care so much about it.
>>
>>285732032
>muh Gone Home
>muh Depression Quest
Go back to >>>/gg/ , shill. How are you still this salty over those games?
>>
>>285732032
I'd bring up Witcher 3 and Wasteland 2 as great PC exclusives - but they're being ported to the Xbone/PS4 as we speak.
>>
File: 22523667.png (305KB, 500x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
22523667.png
305KB, 500x640px
>>285731864
oh please as we already saw with neptuna and valkyria chronicles most mustards here would have an aneurysm if ANY of the personas came out on steam.

it was actually kinda cute to see them so excited to play 7 year old trash ps3 leftovers
>>
File: 1405384264948s.jpg (4KB, 125x93px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405384264948s.jpg
4KB, 125x93px
>>285731678
> exclusives

People don't look at everything the way console platform warriors do. Most people just want to play multiplats that don't look and run like ass

80% of the games I play are multiplats. Why is it not valid to pay a bit more money to enjoy them properly but it is valid to spend $400 + online for like 3 good exclusives over 8 years?
>>
>>285732189
When will you learn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg
>>
File: 1422222777994.png (120KB, 492x591px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422222777994.png
120KB, 492x591px
>>285732315
Witcher 3 is the only worthwhile western game coming out.
>>
>>285732032
>exclusives
you don't fucking get it

I don't buy hardware that is such garbage that I need exclusives to justify my purchase.

> Yeah Persona is total shit right?

Complete.

> like Gone Home and Depression Quest.

I would name thousands of PC exclusives but you'll just say they are all shit.
>>
>>285732336
PCucks are literally raccoons that steal from the trash
>>
>>285723532

Dunno man.
I still havent bought a PS4 because both the PS4 and a decent 1080p TV & sound system is way more fucking expensive than my gaming PC.
>>
File: 1425284306594.jpg (92KB, 713x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425284306594.jpg
92KB, 713x720px
>>285732484
It's only shit because you can't have it. PC only faggots are salty as fuck that they can't have good Japanese games.
>>
>>285731945
That's what the entire prebuilt PC market is for.

I just don't get it. What does Valve even get from this? Either the markup on parts is going to be so outlandish that decent any computer is going to turn off any potential customer with its pricetag, or Valve would stand to make the like $50-$100 average extra cost it takes to buy a prebuilt. Which seems like small potatoes for how much work they have to put into this whole thing.

If the end goal is to just get more people buying games from Steam, why not just advertise to a broader audience? Most people already have laptops/notebooks/or even desktop computers, so why try to create an entirely new market?
>>
>>285732269
The only correct answer.

Shit a form factor like they are offering isn't even that hard. The most annoying part is not having enough space to properly secure cables.
>>
>>285732336
persona 3 and 4 are perfectly emulated and we don't fucking care because they are bad videogames.

> 7 year old trash ps3 leftovers
> the games i brag about become trash the second they are avaliable on PC

>>285732493
>i need exclusives to justify my purchase, otherwise they are "stolen" from me

dog on the manger
>>
File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
>>285732484
>I would name thousands of PC exclusives but you'll just say they are all shit.

Yeah and the best ones can be played on a fucking toaster tier machine
>>
Steam Machines will be successful because of Virtual Reality.

You won't be able to get VR porn on a console.... but on a prebuilt PC you will.

I believe the drive for VR porn will be so strong that casuals of all sorts will flock to pre built PCs.
>>
>>285732685
It's just a completely stupid strategy to encourage more devs to port games to Linux.
>>
>>285732662
>they can't have good Japanese games.
yeah

all those good japanese games

like persona

please tell me where can i preorder persona my lord and master
>>
>>285732662
and those thousands of PC games are shit because you can't have them, correct?
>>
>>285725205
this

the best design was the beta one
would buy
>>
>>285723372
Who cares? Steam OS is garbage and building an equivalent PC is cheaper. Valve better watch itself; if porting games from console to Windows 10 is as easy as some people are saying, Steam may find itself without partners.
>>
>>285732769
God I remeber bringing up killing floor as a good exclusive to pc in one of these debates before the ps4 port was annoced. It was looked down on as "indie zombie fps trash." Suddenly the ps4 gets a port and omg this game looks great.
>>
>>285732769
pretty much all multiplat is always better on PC

> Yeah and the best ones can be played on a fucking toaster tier machine

stuff like supcom and wargame says hi
>>
>>285732893
>and those thousands of PC games are shit because you can't have them, correct?

Name an exclusive that requires a really good computer to play
>>
>>285732662
>It's only shit because you can't have it.
>Implying pc can't play P3 and P4.
Persona is only for waifu weabos faggots as a jrpg is fucking bad.
SMT is better in every sense.
>chaika pic
oh , you are from /s4s/ forget it.
>>
Why would I buy any of this
If I connect my pc to my Tv via hdmi I have the same effect
>>
File: Capture.png (99KB, 811x582px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.png
99KB, 811x582px
>>285732893
>implying I don't have a PC capable of running everything on high

>>285732885
West isn't capable of making good games. Only Slavs and Japan.
>>
>>285732769
>>285732484
Its actually true. Most of the good PC exclusive games can be played on toasters.
>Freedom Planet
>Stronghold
>Command and Conquer: Red Alert/2
>Undertale
>Recettear
>Long Live the Queen
>>
>>285733029
>changing the subject
you lose
>>
File: 5663367.gif (1MB, 360x198px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5663367.gif
1MB, 360x198px
>>285732754
it's common knowledge Atelier and Neptunia was the final stage of cancer that killed JRPGs. Bravely Default too
>>
>>285732754
It's always the same with console peasants. Look how anal they get when they "lose" an exclusive. They literally make petitions to prevent others from playing their game. That's how fucking pathetic console cancer is. At least PC players only make petitions for games they want to play.
>>
>>285733214
It's not changing the subject numbnuts

You can play a shitty computer and play Diablo 2 right this second

So name a game that's exclusive to the PC and requires a good computer
>>
>>285733029
PCs don't need exclusives to peddle themselves to niggers

> Name an exclusive that requires a really good computer to play
you will just tell me it's shit

>>285733161
>West isn't capable of making good games. Only Slavs and Japan.
Adding "slavs and japan" does not make you less of a worthless weeaboo, you know.

The mere fact that JRPGs exist speaks lots about Japanese game development.
>>
>>285733214
>you lose becase i said so

This isn't a kindergarden playground you dolt
>>
>>285733223
>atelier
>bad
Nice to see you haven't played it you fucking parrot
>>
>>285733223
>JRPGs
>dead
>implying Neptunia and Bravely Default aren't decent games
>implying FFXV, KH3, P5, and Xenoblade Chronicles X won't be amazing
>implying SMTIV wasn't good
>>
>>285725074
With an i5 that wouldn't be too far off the cost of.building a pc with those specs. i3 is outdated for sure. 750 is the perfect mid range card however.
>>
>>285733441
JRPGs are an inherently shit genre
>>
File: 1411704807512.jpg (9KB, 217x255px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411704807512.jpg
9KB, 217x255px
>>285733410
Yeah it says they make great games.
>>
>>285725653

I am so buying one of these. Feels good not being poor.
>>
>>285733029
> Total War Attila
> Supreme Commander
> Unreal Tournament
> Star Citizen (arena commander)

>inb4 something really fucking ignorant about RTS games
>>
>>285733527
>they're shit because PC doesn't have them
>>
>>285733402
read >>285732662 and >>285732893
This post>>285733029 has nothing to do with anything, he was trying to change the subject

and now he's getting mad >>285733423
>>
>>285733441

>Neptunia

Nice troll post
>>
File: 1403499318615.png (1MB, 2600x1600px)
1403499318615.png
1MB, 2600x1600px
>>285733527
But they aren't. JRPGs are very varied in terms of stories, gameplay, characters, etc, just like anything else.
>>
>>285733608
>b-but muh strategy games don't count
>>
>>285733441
>implying Neptunia and Bravely Default aren't decent games
heh
Neptunia is a objetive bad game.
>>
>>285733608
have fun playing them on steam machine controller
>>
>>285733029
>play
>good computers
Those two are subjective definitions but personally I would say Divinity OS. It requires pretty beasty pc to be maxed and looks beautiful if you manage to do it. Not this guy you're shitposting with anyway but personally I don't buy a fucking high end pc for exclusives but for maxed details and 60 fps.
>>
>>285733527
You're right, how can JRPG surpass such masterpieces as Dragon Age Cisquisition
>>
>>285733731

You mad bro?
>>
>>285733791
>objectively bad
>i've literally never played it but I parrot what I read on /v/
>>
>>285733772
Its not a troll post.
>non-standard JRPG combat that depends where the movement and location of a character determines the effectiveness of an attack and has multiple different guages to pay attention to instead of just health
>colorful and vibrant visuals
>lewd artwork
>occasionally funny comedy
>you get to play a little girl
>damn good music with tracks like To Hell, Neptun Ver V Theme, and One Two Three Four
>>
>>285733897
Remember when PCucks thought "classic RPGs" were back when DA:O came out?
>>
>>285733519
The 750 is also like a $100 card. So unless the PSU dispenses blowjob and cake, $800 is a pretty hefty inflated price.
>>
File: 1402759912390.gif (3MB, 356x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402759912390.gif
3MB, 356x200px
>>285730329
>>285729785
>>285728157
Yeah people need to visit /vr/ about japanese PC retro gaming. People forget that Westerns were the earliest vidya console makers, that concept didn't across to the jap until hardware makers started making their own. The Atari crash caused a regional shift between industries. Nintendo rising end up causing japanese gaming to go for consoles. The West became PC more dominate because of the crash too.
>>
>>285733690
oh, PC has them. ever heard of might & magic and wizardry?

that's what JRPGs are, except dumbed down for the average nip, and with more tits.

while we're at it: ever heard of emulation?

>>285733897
or you know fallout or planescape torment or even new vegas

>>285734110
you mean that game that was consoled on?
>>
>steam machine
>pre-built specifically for steam

What's the fucking point?
You can just build your own ITX system and install steam, plus you can actually use it for everything else like internet browsing and actual work.

Why make PC gaming as limited as fucking consoles?
>>
>>285731678
'Exclusive' is a mask for 'inadequacy', as we will see within 5 years (max).

Steam machines, at least on the average, will take future multi-plats and show that there is parity in performance and visual quality between current consoles (or any future gen) and the PC.

>>But muh multitude of examples of this not being the case in the past! Broken PC ports abound!

Vulkan's implementation into SteamOS will negate this issue. Yes, there will be the fact devs need to learn a new API for pc, but imagine if devs knew Vulkan was the ONLY thing they needed to take into consideration when developing for the PC market, aside from the simple specs of the hardware? No more need for consideration of separate drivers, a huge base of technology opened up for them to market on.

>>Why is Vulkan special?

Vulkan has the cooperation of both giants and smaller tech firms. Everyone is pitching in to develop this new paradigm.
>>
>>285734474
>games a toaster can run
You're sure proving us wrong!
>>
File: x-com[1].jpg (70KB, 610x343px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
x-com[1].jpg
70KB, 610x343px
>>285734029
>depends where the movement and location of a character determines the effectiveness of an attack
REVOLUTIONARY
>>
File: 1409869623300.jpg (22KB, 340x583px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409869623300.jpg
22KB, 340x583px
>>285723372

I find it funny how many mustards are valvedrones when valve is all about consolizing the pc.
>>
>>285734634
>exclusive just means inadequacy
That's just silly. A game made today that looks and functions like a PS2 game can still be adequate in quality. People shit on Drakengard 3 for having shitty visuals and performance but its still one of the best damn games I played last year and I'm genuinely convinced that it was fantastic, visuals and performance issues aside. Nothing wrong with a game looking like shit.
>>
File: 7.jpg (156KB, 653x430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
156KB, 653x430px
post your face when valve drones will defend this
>>
>>285734651
but consoles can't run fallout or planescape, what are you talking about

follow the discussion, you worthless fat consoleshit
>>
>>285734758
>consolizing
can you upgrade your xbone or ps4?

and i think you can use your keyb, and mouse on them, if not now them maybe later
>>
>>285735060
>Nothing wrong with a game looking like shit.
they ask us why we laugh at console ponies
>>
>>285735079
dude dont' be mean, they lost the ability of reasoning a long time ago
>>
File: 4.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
I don't get it.

How are these things any different from a normal pre-built PC you can buy online or in the store?

Why would i give a shit instead of just building my own PC again?
>>
File: 1414377637726.jpg (508KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414377637726.jpg
508KB, 1000x1000px
>>285735201
The conversation is that gaymen PCs are worthless nowadays for most people because anything worthwhile on PC can run on toasters. High power rigs are only for the few enthusiasts who only care about graphics

>>285735060
Mustards don't care about how a game plays, they literally only care about graphics

>>285735336
Point proven.
>>
>>285733291
>complaining about consolefags making petitions as a mustard
are you havin a laff?
>>
>>285733854
Wut
>>
The best upcoming games
The future of PC gaming is incredibly exciting: the Steam catalog already consists of over 4500 games, with more arriving every day.

Games like Batman: Arkham Knight will run at the highest resolutions and the fastest framerates, either on your desktop computer or on SteamOS in your living room.
>>
>>285733223
>Bravely Default
Hey. HEY! That game is too long but don't lump it in with kusoge waifubait like Neptunia.
>>
>>285735440
>because anything worthwhile on PC can run on toasters.
I was actually agreeing with this earlier but upon thought, that really depends on what someone's taste in games is.
A gaming PC isn't super necessary for someone like me but I'm sure someone out there who really likes strategy games or something might be all for it.
>>
>>285735440
>Sonyggers shitpost /v/ with "NAME ONE GAME LOOKING BETTER THAN 1886" and "XBONE BTFO! PS4 GETS BETTER RESOLUTION AND GRAPHICS!" because they're massive graphic whores.
>Someone actually shows better graphics in higher resolution and frames.
>"G-graphics don't matter! PCUCKS ONLY CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS!"

Never change you 3 inches long hypocrite.
>>
PS4 and Bloodborne will run you $460

One of the many cancerboxes costs $5,000 and still can't play Bloodborne.
>>
>>285732315
>Witcher 3

It's not even out her faggot.

>Wasteland 2

Good, not great. I'd call it a disappointment really.
>>
>>285735440
>The conversation is that gaymen PCs are worthless nowadays
The conversation was that Japan apparently makes good games while the West does not. People mentioned JRPGs, I noted they are bad, they said "unlike le cisquisition sjw cuk meme", I countered with fallout.

>anything worthwhile on PC can run on toasters

Do you think you're being clever in any way with that loaded sentence?

> Mustards don't care about how a game plays, they literally only care about graphics

Citation needed. Ever heard of roguelikes?
>>
File: 1412269881942.png (98KB, 302x302px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412269881942.png
98KB, 302x302px
>>285735791
>everyone on /v/ is one person
>>
>>285735791
Don't assume this shit about people.
>>
>>285735483
>PC gamers want more people to be able to play games
>console gamers want LESS people to be able to play games
>>
>>285735858
>fallout
>one game
>from the only western dev that can still make games
>and then games that run on a toaster
>>
>>285735791

>All console friends are 1 person

Nice logic Master Race.
>>
>starting price.
This worrying me most.
>>
>>285735882
you sure as shit are one person, you 3 inch long nigger

>complains about being generalized literally after generalizing people
>>
>Available Nov 2015
So are these specs placeholders?
>>
When do you guys think PS4 will get a price drop? I didn't buy a ps3 until like 2011.

I don't want to pay 400 dollarydoos for that shit but I still want to play some of the exclusives eventually.

That or its craigslist time
>>
>>285736010
oh i've heard that discussion before

"name X games that suit my criteria"
name X games
"OH NO X ISN'T ENOUGH YOU NEED X+1"

wasteland 2, dragonfall, divinity: original sin
>>
File: jrpg 3x3.jpg (416KB, 920x920px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jrpg 3x3.jpg
416KB, 920x920px
>>285735858
You didn't counter the actual good argument >>285733780 though. You just countered someone posting one shitty example of one shitty game.
>Do you think you're being clever in any way with that loaded sentence?
Its a shitty thing for a person to say because it depends on taste, but can you blame someone for thinking that way when perhaps this is their taste >>285733170
>>
File: 1425009974443.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425009974443.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
>>285723532

A PC with the same performance as a console will be similar price if not lower price than a console.
>>
>>285736094
I'm not even sure how you can call me a sonygger or consolefag when I've already proven that I have a gaymen PC up here

>>285733161
>>
>>285735060
My choice of words was unfair. What I was getting at is that console exclusives, once it's cemented in developers' heads and the gaming community at large that PC is just as easy to develop for (hypothetically due to the new cross-platform API called Vulkan) and has a considerably larger user base, the marketing strategy of exclusives will be seen as such: simply a means to move technology that's based on a closed platform.
>>
>>285736164
Just buy used, bud.
>>
Bring it on.

I've already got my guts together for a small form factor custom steam machine but if I see another nice small one with low power and low noise I might well consider it.
>>
File: 0shimmysham.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0shimmysham.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>285735440

>not being a graphics whore

Have fun with your inferior experience.

I DON'T NEED BUTTER, THIS DRY TOAST IS FINE HOW IT IS

LOL BUTTER FAGS
>>
File: 1413702303536.png (103KB, 270x320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413702303536.png
103KB, 270x320px
>>285736230
Yup those are decent. They can also run on toasters.
>>
>>285724248
>$500 console
No current gen console is $500
>>
>>285736392
Why bother? Nothing has surpassed Crysis 1.
>>
File: 1424787734078.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424787734078.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>285735882
>>285736012
>sony shitposters try to go full defence force on me saying that I try to put them all in same basket
>10 posts ago same retard tries to puts all mustards in same basket saying that everyone with high end pc only cares about graphics.

>>285735440

>While being completely unaware of the hypocrisy and fact that higher frames mean BETTER GAMEPLAY and more FLUID CONTROLS.

Never change you 3 inches long hypocrite. Also stop arguing if you can't survive a minute without contradicting yourself.
>>
>>285735979
kek

https://www.change.org/p/bohemia-interactive-keep-dayz-a-pc-exclusive

PC and console: same shit, different banner.
>>
File: 1417037824324.jpg (92KB, 700x520px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417037824324.jpg
92KB, 700x520px
>Steambox
>PCucks

It's made for post 2011 steam babies which are just as bad as the most braindead casual console fanboy.

They same faggots that spout "stop playing on toaster" when a game is poorly optimized.
>>
>>285736392
>wanting companies to waste money on visuals
>>
File: dacunt.jpg (85KB, 315x641px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dacunt.jpg
85KB, 315x641px
>>285723891
>buy a $600 PC
>console shit holds back game engine advancement for next ten years
>maybe have to upgrade in 3-5 years for less than what a new console would cost
>consolefags bought two or more units of their system because the original hardware was flawed and not upgradable
>>
File: 1418394024086.jpg (106KB, 444x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418394024086.jpg
106KB, 444x440px
>>285723372
>$2000 for a fucking Linux box
>>
>>285736317
Ah, my bad. I didn't realize that's what you were meaning by that.
>>
>>285735440
>because anything worthwhile on PC can run on toasters
Which means PC is more accessible for more people therefore making it more worthwhile because you don't need top end machines to play games
>>
File: ps4.png (258KB, 600x323px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ps4.png
258KB, 600x323px
>>285736562
Ouch
>>
>>285736248
> JRPGs are very varied in terms of stories, gameplay, characters, etc

but that's patently false, it's like talking about how anime is varied in terms of drawing style stories etc, while we both know it's all basically bug eyed chink shit
>>
File: 1422504709242.jpg (18KB, 261x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422504709242.jpg
18KB, 261x440px
>>285736921
The salt, I can taste it.
>>
>>285723891
>it's
>>
>>285734474
>ever heard of might & magic and wizardry?
Both of which are not JRPGs

>that's what JRPGs are, except dumbed down for the average nip, and with more tits.
Did we play the same M&M / Wizardry?

>while we're at it: ever heard of emulation?
>muh emulation proves PC has games to offer

>or you know fallout or planescape torment or even new vegas
>Masterpieces
Lm ao. Maybe FO1 but Torment has nothing but story going for it and NV doesn't even have that.
>>
>>285736396
>They can also run on toasters.
that's patently false, they are pc games, they can't run on consoles

>Yup those are decent.
so you finally admit that your shitty jap games can fuck off now then? since the claim was that japanese games are superior.
>>
File: 1413871649267.png (80KB, 294x345px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413871649267.png
80KB, 294x345px
>>285737238
Japanese games are superior. There's no denying that. You only say they're bad because you don't have them.
>>
>>285736583
>muh optimization i have a 10th generation i7 and an Nvidia ULTRA TITAN with 1 TB of video memory and 1 petabyte of space on my SSD I SWEAR!!!!
>>
>>285737101
what salt, clown

>>285737197
>Both of which are not JRPGs
do you even know how JRPGs started?

>muh emulation proves PC has games to offer
have you confused yourself with your own incessant shitposting?

>Lm ao. Maybe FO1 but Torment has nothing but story going for it and NV doesn't even have that.
i think you have
>>
>>285737368
Citation very much needed.
>>
>>285737597
Citation is anyone with fucking taste. Sorry we all don't eat SJW shit like you PC only fags.
>>
>Steam Machines are upgradable

But why would I ever need to upgrade. I thought these things were so far ahead of consoles.
>>
>>285736921
>anime is varied in terms of style, stories, etc
But it is.

And in JRPGs you can tell a story about people from a dream fighting religion and shaping their own tales, tell a story about surviving a demon onslaught over 7 days in tokyo, tell a story about furries piloting giant robots to save the world, or even tell a simple story of ending a secret extra hour of the day where all hell breaks loose.
>>
>>285738087
They are. The ayyware is already stronger than the PS4 there's no need to upgrade
>>
>>285737484
>do you even know how JRPGs started?
Are M&M / Wizardry JRPGs?

>i think you have
>Shitposter boogeyman! Not one with the hivemind! Shitposter shitposter lalalaa I can't argue lalalaala because I can't hear you!!
>>
>>285738087
>console retard not understanding how hardware progresses

you're going to buy a second PS4 because they'll release a second model

upgrading a PC is always cheaper than buying a whole new console to play the same games on
>>
>>285738203
you can tell such a story anywhere. the problem is, in JRPGs it's usually about a teenager who doesn't talk killing gods

> But it is.

But it's not. Bug eyed chink shit.

>>285738274
Are you going to deny that JRPGs shapelessly ape M&M / Wizardry without all the complexity of it?
>>
>>285738479
>in JRPGs it's usually about a teenager who doesn't talk killing gods
>i literally parrot everything I read on /v/
Come up with your own arguments you fucking parrot
>>
>>285723372
Price: $1,099 USD
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4130
GPU: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 750Ti
Memory: 8GB DDR3-1600MHz
Storage: 500GB SSHD
Lol
>>
>>285738446
>you're going to buy a second PS4 because they'll release a second model

Why would I buy a 2nd PS4? My current one works just fine.
>>
>>285738446
>you're going to buy a second PS4 because they'll release a second model
Literally no reason unless your old PS4 dies off.

>upgrading a PC is always cheaper than buying a whole new console to play the same games on
A good GPU will cost you pretty much console's price.

>>285738479
>Are you going to deny that JRPGs shapelessly ape M&M / Wizardry without all the complexity of it?
Grasp at the straws all you want but the question is and has been ARE M&M / Wiizardry JRPGs? To which the answer is no.
>>
This is amazing. These are pre built computers but specifically made for gaming. No more windows problems, no more crashing, blue screens, driver problems and all that stupid hassle. It takes all the good things about PC gaming and removes the bad ones. This is going to revolutionize PC gaming.

The only downside is the price. Its still a little expensive.
>>
>>285739052
Get a paper route, dipshit.
>>
>>285728021
Excess. That item is literally for people with so much money they can buy ridiculous stuff.
>>
>>285738936
>ARE M&M / Wiizardry JRPGs? To which the answer is no.
They are something better than that - the original, untainted thing.
>>
>>285739218

>Le marketeer meme!

Fuck off.
>>
>>285738634
Why would I buy a 2nd PS4? My current one works just fine.
>>285738936
>Literally no reason unless your old PS4 dies off.
Yeah certainly no one did this last gen or the gen before

Consolecucks and their short memory

>>285738936
>A bleeding edge brand new GPU you don't need at all will cost a console's price
Corrected
>>
>Alienware machine
>$480
>Its barely any better than my shitty Dell Laptop I got for college 5 years ago
>>
>>285739513
Anon you wanna tell me when a console ever got a a mid life upgraded version that wasnt just a box redesign/memory expansion?
>>
>>285738479
>usually about a teenager who doesn't talk killing gods
How about we name all the JRPGs that don't do that?
>Radiant Historia
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Kingdom Hearts
>Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
>The World Ends With You
>Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
>Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
>.hack//
>Recettear
>Ys: Origin
>>
>>285739535

Yes but games will run much better in the steam machine since it doesnt have to deal with Windows. All of the power goes directly to handling the game with nothing on the background taking away performance.
>>
>>285723532
no prebuilt is cheaper than a console
build your own pc and it'll be cheaper you mongoloid dick-loving nigger
>>
>>285739535
It's better the a ps4
>>
>>285739840
No excuse. This is literally worse than prebuilts.
>>
>>285739717
You wanna tell me a time when that happened and consolefags didn't buy it in droves?

Pretty much every console player I know went through at least two 360s/PS3s because of system failure or simply because they wanted the new one.

Some people even bought upwards of four separate systems just to be able to play the same shitty games you can only play on that system
>>
>>285739436
Jesus Christ you're desperate.

>>285739513
>A bleeding edge brand new GPU you don't need at all will cost a console's price
Hardly. If you even remotely want to keep your hardware up to date you're going to pay at least the amount you pay for console.

>>285739717
N3DS did this. But it's handheld and it's literally okay because it's Nintendo :^). Then again, they already did it with 3DSi
>>
>>285727116
sauce?
>>
>>285740093
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353390/

here
>>
>pcs for people who can't so much as insert a disc right side up

How long until steam machine users start parading around as the master race?
>>
>>285740093
Are you looking for sauce on the image/character or on the computer stuff?
>>
File: 1388060772269.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388060772269.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>285740228
t-thanks
>>
>>285726634
Capitalism
>>
>>285740028
You can pretty much always get a one or two year old GPU for less than a console and it will still be more powerful

my 660 3GB is more powerful than the PS4 and I got it for like 150

try again
>>
>>285723372
Have they released the specs on the Steam Link thing. Because I wouldn't mind wasting 50$ just to fuck around with it if it's decent enough.
>>
>>285739846
I tried to get parts for a cheap PC. It ended up costing 450€ OS not included.

It's only cheaper if you get it tax free. Even then, not by that much. Doesn't help that the quality of the parts isn't going to be that high either.

>>285740000
There's always the chance a computer part fucks up. Then you buy that again and depending on what it is it can cost a ton.

I've never had to replace a single console I've owned for example.
>>
>>285740375
the furry stuff
>>
>>285740356
>insert a disc
what year is it
>>
>>285740475
>150
That's already nearly half of the console price. If you need more parts you're easily going over it.

Then there's also the question of VIDEO GAMES
>>
>sonypony weebshitters are on fullshitpost mode with their moekawaii shitgirl avatarfagging
...wow...so this...is the power...of the sony owners....damn....
>>
>>285740539
No one buys an OS you retard.
>>
File: French hips.gif (1004KB, 375x286px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
French hips.gif
1004KB, 375x286px
>>285740556
Wakfu/Dofus
They're French cartoons and video games. That's a race from those cartoons/games. Wakfu the game is even on Steam, although its not that great. The show is on Netflix. Dofus is a little trickier to find.
I think that's even official art. The artist for those shows/game has a DeviantArt that very frequently posts lewd.
http://xa-xa-xa.deviantart.com/
>>
>>285740521
Probably an arm soc like the raspberry pie
>>
>>285740701
Sorry to upset you shit eater. Don't worry you can still enjoy your SJW filled goodness with Gone Home and Cisquisition!
>>
>>285740847
My only wish is for an hentai series of wakfu
>>
>>285740834
>None buys them! I swear!
Blatant lie.

>>285740583
Yes, I love how digital is just as expensive as physical! Truly revolutionary!
>>
>>285740682
>Need other parts
Good thing a CPU from three generations ago already is and always will be more powerful than the PS3. And mine is only one gen old.

RAM and hard drives are cheap as well, just installed a 3TB drive for $80 bucks. I won't need a new CPU or mainboard until my next build which won't be till at least five years from now.

>Vidya
Video games that I rarely pay full price for unless I buy it release day like a pleb

The last full price game I bought was GTA V, other than that I have a backlog of about 100 games that I spent under $200 total on during the steam sale

Also emulation is free and makes old games look better
>>
File: 1425518861732.png (44KB, 165x231px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425518861732.png
44KB, 165x231px
Wow, i need a steam machine to enjoy all those early access games that won't ever be finished!

No, really, that worse then payed online. they promise you things, never deliver and steal your money.
>>
>>285741176
It's true retard. Everyone with half a brain pirates the OS.
>>
>>285739486
I'll fuck your mom. She can give you the $100 I spent to make her face look like a bird's eye view of the JFK tarmac with my cream ropes.
>>
>>285741209
PS4**
>>
File: 1400535296609.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400535296609.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Why would anyone willingly invest into an early access machine
>>
File: 1361992497104.gif (487KB, 349x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1361992497104.gif
487KB, 349x199px
>Small form factor PC
>Linux
>Gaming
>>
>>285732429

I skipped around that video and everywhere the guy was reminding the games run better on ps4. Am I supposed to believe this rig is going to last the entire gen?
>>
>>285741209
>Good thing a CPU from three generations ago already is and always will be more powerful than the PS3.
What does that matter, again?

>I buy it release day like a pleb
Because it's so lowly to buy a game you really want instead of wait 10 years for -50% sale? Haha.

>I have a backlog of about 100 games that I spent under $200 total on during the steam sale
Unless you only bought crappy <$2 Indie games and generally crappy games that's bullshit.

>makes old games look better
Hardly.
>>
>>285740916
>mad
apex kek
>>
I am buying 3 of these machines.
>>
>>285740847
Thanks mate, she stirred my dick up a bit.
>>
>>285741176
>I love how digital is just as expensive as physical
i can't just buy a bunch of physical games for a dollar anon
>>
>>285738479
STILL WAITING >>285739736
>>
>>285742174
I'm not mad. I don't have to play shitty western games and early access games like you do.
>>
>>285741382
Yeah, I'm sure corporations that use Windows pirate it :^)

But I'm sure you just love being le edgy

How do you pirate Linux tho?
>>
>>285742095
>pay $60 for a game like a retard
or
>pay $5 for that exact same game

i wonder which one is preferrable
>>
File: wakfu2.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wakfu2.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
>>285742206
Sure thing
>>
File: turbolel.gif (59KB, 566x509px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
turbolel.gif
59KB, 566x509px
bosting in ebin thread.
>>
File: scootbraindamage.jpg (13KB, 320x179px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
scootbraindamage.jpg
13KB, 320x179px
They could at least put an easter egg,some kind of hint on their page,like they used to do in the past.
>>
>>285742219
I can, rarely. But beyond the odd few indie games that are for sale for a dollar, the prices are pretty much the same. Digital is jewy as fuck when it's not on sale.

Just look at books. They cost the same as physical despite having practically no cost in distribution, just like games.
>>
File: 1394170356069.jpg (23KB, 672x501px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394170356069.jpg
23KB, 672x501px
>>285742359
>being THIS big of a weebshitter
god, you're choking on nippon cum
>>
File: 1377728309198.jpg (78KB, 616x616px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1377728309198.jpg
78KB, 616x616px
>>285734210
The main problem are the cases, they're expensive as fuck.

Try looking for slick good looking HTPC cases that aren't over 100USD, the only one I liked was worth 200, I'm still waiting for a good HTPC case to make my old i3+5770 a steam machine.
>>
>>285723372
>http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam_machines
>1100$
750ti gpu

>800$
intel graphics


nope
>>
>>285742393
>Pay $60 for a game you're excited about and know literally nothing can go wrong

or

>Wait few years for the game to reach $5 sale discount with no hype or any desire for the game left

I don't know anon, but I know that it's not the latter.
>>
>>285742637
>They cost the same as physical
as a hobbyist writer, I can say if you are not already a literary behemoth and you don't peddle your books for a penny on amazon, you aren't going to sell anything

> the prices are pretty much the same
not really, digital drops in price rather quickly and it's much more common for it to go on sale.

we can see steam discounts of as low as 75% within the year of an AAA release.
>>
>People complaining about the price
>They don't realize that steam sales apply to this stuff.
>>
File: 1410912268535.gif (1002KB, 272x198px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410912268535.gif
1002KB, 272x198px
Legit retards will buy Steam machines. Just build a fucking computer. Holy shit, if these are the prices this is going to go down the shitter fast.
>>
>>285742970
>buying games based on hype

i have no idea how anything about that can go wrong
>>
>neo PCfags try to bash on consoles for being overpriced low end PCs when in fact consoles have more games and often times are better than PCs and their 2 mobas/flood of FPSs and shitty indie "games".
>Fucking ALIENWARE and others teams up with Valve to make extremely overpriced low end PCs
>"It's ok when they do it"
>>
File: 1326487830561.jpg (7KB, 173x161px)
1326487830561.jpg
7KB, 173x161px
>>285723372

So they are just selling somewhat decent computers without good OS?
>>
>>285743196
>we can see steam discounts of as low as 75% within the year of an AAA release.
Only if the game sells like total shit and flops.
Like Thi4f.

If it does well you can be sure publishers will keep the price up. Sometimes even raise it.

Like for example FTL which used to go on -75% and after it got more popular has never gone below -66% again. There are other examples of that too. Didn't DayZ get price raise by like 20% and then put it on 20% sale or something? Dev got called out for that though.

>as a hobbyist writer, I can say if you are not already a literary behemoth and you don't peddle your books for a penny on amazon, you aren't going to sell anything
It doesn't apply to just writers, school books and shit too.
>>
>>285743354
Did you even fucking read it all or are you that selective? I could pretty much guarantee that Yakuza 0 would be worth it to buy day one for example. Or Dragon Quest Heroes. Or something else.

It's fucking ridiculous to wait 2 years just to get a game you want cheaper.
>>
File: 1382194537631.png (348KB, 450x493px)
1382194537631.png
348KB, 450x493px
I just don't get it. You could build a kickass semi-high-end PC with like a GTX 970 and top core i5 that'd blow all these Steam machines out of the water AND double as like, an actual computer too, for under $1000.

Shit, you could build an equivalent-spec computer for like, 3/4 or less what these things costs. Then again, this shit is targeted at the plebs who would be Alienware and ROG shit to begin with, kek.
>>
>>285744031
+1
>>
>>285744031
>Then again, this shit is targeted at the plebs who would be Alienware and ROG shit to begin with, kek.

So just about 95% of all PCfags that browse this site that came in after 2009?
>>
File: Untitled.png (293KB, 851x375px)
Untitled.png
293KB, 851x375px
>>285744031
These things are suppose to be tiny you fat fuck
>>
File: s.png (199KB, 499x499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
s.png
199KB, 499x499px
>>285744031
>GTX 970
>>
File: aintevenmcmad.png (221KB, 400x410px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aintevenmcmad.png
221KB, 400x410px
>>285744509
>uniroincally using mini or micro atx "gaming" builds

Tippity top kek.
>>
>>285743998
the trick is to never get hyped about anything. i never buy games on release day, what's the point, the experience is not any better that way, even worse in fact because games generally ship in a broken state nowadays.

buying something for $5 rather than $60 is called not being retarded, anon.

> but you're missing on the multiplayer anon
If I buy the game a year after it came out and the multiplayer is already dead, it's a garbage game.

>>285743785
Shadow of Mordor came out last year, sold well, got good reviews, it's already $30 and goes on sale for half that, so already 75% off the original price.

Tomb Raider can be bought for $5 any day, and it "flopped" as in "didn't sell Call of Duty numbers"
>>
>>285723891
buy $1000 pc like 4 years ago, still plays new games quite well.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (363KB, 1444x1258px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
363KB, 1444x1258px
sooooooo these are not only (a) linux (only kissless virgin neckbeards even bother with) but also (b) targetted at the sort of people that buy branded 200% markup shit like """gaming laptops""" and think alienware = better hardware?

What the fucking colossal flop is Valve tryna pull here?
>>
>>285744775
>every PC needs to be huge

Niceme.me
>>
YOLD
(year of the linux desktop)
>>
Who is going to buy these? Seriously what demographic are they aiming for? They're just prebuilts. Anyone who would be interested already has a PC and most likely a console or two. I just don't understand the purpose of this thing.
>>
>>285744796
>even worse in fact because games generally ship in a broken state nowadays.
Blatantly false unless you talk about Ubisoft games.

>buying something for $5 rather than $60 is called not being retarded, anon.
How dense are you ignoring the fact that you have to wait years for that to happen? Shit, if you go to work it's not an impossible sum to pay at all, even with no work it's not unless you're really poor.

Shit, you can't even know if you're alive when it gets that price tag. All that for a couple of dollars.

>If I buy the game a year after it came out and the multiplayer is already dead, it's a garbage game.
Dragon's Crown's multiplayer is pretty dead now but it hardly is a garbage game like you'd pretend.

> it's already $30 and goes on sale for half that, so already 75% off the original price.
Which still isn't the $5 you lust for. I doubt it will go beyond -33% before Fall, though.

>Tomb Raider can be bought for $5 any day, and it "flopped"
Which came out in 2013.
>>
>>285745859
> Blatantly false unless you talk about Ubisoft games.

Hardly just Ubisoft games. Super Bunnyhop had a decent video on the matter.

> How dense are you ignoring the fact that you have to wait years for that to happen?

I am not sure you actually know what facts are.

> Dragon's Crown's multiplayer is pretty dead now but it hardly is a garbage game like you'd pretend.

The fact that it's dead indicates that it's indeed a garbage game like I said. Else it would have had longevity. Apparently the only redeeming factor it had is the sorceress's tits, but I'm not particularly surprised about that.

> I doubt it will go beyond -33% before Fall
It's at 40% right now.

>Which came out in 2013.

And could be bought for $5 in 2014. It's Just Cause 2 levels of "on sale every day that ends with -y"
>>
>>285723963
>cheapest steam machine still better than the most expensive console

uh, i dont see a problem here ?
>>
File: img265~01.jpg (651KB, 1258x1316px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img265~01.jpg
651KB, 1258x1316px
Just curious which is the best deal?

I dont want to deal with building a pc (too yucky and fragile) and keyboard and mouse seems like a hassle for 80+ bucks for a mechanical switch.

I wouldn't mind getting a console that plays pc games. I want to be master race.
>>
couldn't i just build an insanely good computer for 1000 dollars instead?
>>
File: 1420324775482.gif (3MB, 480x292px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420324775482.gif
3MB, 480x292px
>>285724031
>>285724121

>apu
>prebuilt

Please I w