[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's something you are really, really tired of seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 17

File: bushykins.jpg (53KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
bushykins.jpg
53KB, 620x387px
What's something you are really, really tired of seeing in video games?
>>
QTE
>>
Parkour

Why the fuck is everyone fucking spiderman in video game these days?
>>
>>285650749
warrior women trope

I'd be completely fine with this if any of them had the build of gwendoline christie with the muscle tone of ronda rousey, but all of them look like playboy models. every single male combat soldier has some muscle, but almost none of the females have any. the devs want to walk a line where they want to have female soldiers in there game, yet still want them to appear sexy. fuck that. give me a shredded 6'3 woman who is cut and has almost no curves
>>
"Badass" slow motion shots of super easy to pull off moves.
>>
>>285650879
Ass creed
>>
>>285651256
Watch a women's weight lifting contest. Some of them look super curvy. "Shredded" only happens when they have no body fat.
>>
>>285650749
Anime lolis
>>
>>285651256
:^)
>>
RPG
>Being railroaded into decisions
>You're always the good guy
>Nothing goes wrong for you in the story, you never fail
>>
>>285650879

Why not?

The usual alternative is being trapped behind a neck-high wall that only exists to pad out a level. At least with parkour systems we can run over that bullshit.

Also I'm tired of medieval swords'n'sorcery RPGs. Sometimes it works out alright (Dark Messiah for example), but most of the time it's just "we read a Tolkien book at some point lets just go with that". In a world where Shadowrun/World of Darkness exists, it's goddamn criminal that there aren't more cyberpunk/occult-based RPGs.
>>
>>285650879
Because automating how the player moves through the environment is a lot easier than actually worrying about how the player will react to everything.
>>
You've unlocked an achievement: Start the game.
>>
File: 1354702532288.gif (420KB, 286x236px) Image search: [Google]
1354702532288.gif
420KB, 286x236px
children.
so many shit fucking parents that don't read video game covers these days.
children are scum.
>>
>"We can't do that! What, are you-"
>...
>...
>...
>...
>"We have to? There's bo other way!"

How are there still long ass pauses during dialogue? Is it that difficult to make conversation sound, oh, I don't know, conversational?
>>
Games with emphasis on player choice where your choices never have consequences. The worst it ever gets is having to choose between which of the two shallowest characters dies.
>>
>>285652171
This. In most games, conversations don't feel natural. Oh and also silent protagonists. I'm tired of main characters having zero personality because "durr you're supposed to self-insert". They're antinatural as fuck.
>>
Pixelshit
QTEs
cutscenes taking up 50% of the game
regenerating health
forced stealth in non-stealth games
soundtrack being better than the actual game
>>
File: 0v3g6p5.png (289KB, 454x442px) Image search: [Google]
0v3g6p5.png
289KB, 454x442px
>>285650749
GENDER STEREOTYPES
>>
>>285651664
I think you get my point though. none of them even look like that. if you want to put playboy models in your game, put them in realistic places where they would be.
If you want to have muh strong womyn make them at least look the fucking part
>>
>>285652296
>playing a game where player choice that has consequences
>my arm or my best party member
>losing my arm decreases my health and damage
>losing my best party member is a major loss to the team
>>
>>285651861
This is bullshit and you know it.
Source: I'm actually a level designer
>>
rng-based gameplay
inconsistent "pixel" sizes
text or movies longer than two minutes
not taking advantage of hardware/not allowing custom settings
>>
Invisible Walls
Elements in a game that try to make the game more realistic and serious but horribly fail
Save Points
DLC that shouldn't be DLC
Consoles without backwards compatibility
Modern games that try to be retro for nostalgia purposes and lose focus on trying to be a good game
Games with short single player campaigns for the purpose of focusing on a shitty mulitplayer mode games that are multiplayer only i can dig
>>
File: So tired.png (64KB, 454x460px) Image search: [Google]
So tired.png
64KB, 454x460px
>>285651837
>Also I'm tired of medieval swords'n'sorcery RPGs. Sometimes it works out alright (Dark Messiah for example), but most of the time it's just "we read a Tolkien book at some point lets just go with that". In a world where Shadowrun/World of Darkness exists, it's goddamn criminal that there aren't more cyberpunk/occult-based RPGs.
This. I would like to see more fantasy RPGs set in Medieval times. I would like more of Ancient Greece/Rome, Victorian Era (Arcanum), even a modern take on it. It's not that hard to go outside the box.

>>285651738
Also, being bad just nets you more gold, but those people like you less or being bad means you are just a dick to everyone.
>>
>>285651870
Fuck achievements in general. I won't lie, I've gotten some in games I loved playing as part of an excuse to replay them, but they usually add nothing substantial to games.

Additional challenges in games should unlock something in game, like a new mode, art, music instead of giving us an achievement
>>
>>285653109
>Consoles without backwards compatibility
BC will never be a thing again. Welcome to the world of Nintendo where you have to pay $10 for a 20 year old game on their digital store
>>
>>285652751
Funny, I'm also a level designer.
>>
File: soldiersofroma.jpg (202KB, 1467x545px) Image search: [Google]
soldiersofroma.jpg
202KB, 1467x545px
>>285653127

I want a quality Roman game period.

>Venturing beyond Hadrian's wall to fight the picts.
>Lorica Segmentata
>>
File: 1357963692455.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1357963692455.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
>>285653226
>when you were a kid you would play the same games hundreds of times
>you would nitpick about the smallest things, even if they didn't have anything to show for in the end
>now you rush through games for the story
>>
>>285653261
At least we aren't paying 30-60 dollars for games from the 80's and 90's that no one knew were good or bad. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>285653127
>>285653396
>Roman WRPG
>In depth realistic action combat
>no magic/mythical bullshit
>>
File: bib bobb.jpg (84KB, 1150x544px) Image search: [Google]
bib bobb.jpg
84KB, 1150x544px
>regenerating health

>tfw MGS will be fun but wont feel like a true MGS game because of this
>>
File: Half-Life_2_(PC)_34.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_(PC)_34.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>285650749
seesaw physics puzzle

WE GET IT DEVS! YOU MADE AN ENGINE THAT CAN DO PHYSICS! YOU'VE BEEN SHOWING THIS OFF FOR OVER A DECADE NOW
>>
RPGs that show all the stats. Which is all of them, I know, but that's why I'm sick of the whole fucking genre.
>>
>>285650749

melee weapons being more powerful than firearms.

Needing multiple headshots to kill someone.
>>
The Holy Trinity of MMOs.

I just want another sandbox MMO where I can make my character however I want without devs holding all the cool shit back from me out of fear it'll make content "Too easy" or that it "Won't work".
>>
i'm tired of seeing them be terrible as well as tired of seeing "retro 2d graphics"

fuckin cocksucking shit indy developers go away no one cares.
>>
Pixels
>>
>>285653662
>no british wrpg set during 1860-1910's where you can go around colonizing nations and expanding the british empire
>you could also enact with historical figures and decide how WW1 starts and what happens with sykes-picot.
>>
Niggers. I fucking hate their nigger skin and nigger faces.
>>
Party members that are too cool for the game and have to be killed mid-game no matter what.

>>285651276
Fuck this with a rag on a stick. I can't stand it when one of my friends shows me his games that all do this shit. It takes forever and it's boring as watching grass grow.
>>
>>285654041
second life.
>>
File: this is monkey.gif (66KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
this is monkey.gif
66KB, 156x267px
>>285650749
Humans
>>
>>285650821
The way modern AAAs do them is infuriating. I blame God of War for the state we're in now, especially the second and the fight with Zeus.
>>
>>285653925
It was fun to be a melee-based character in F:NV and one-hit punch somebody so they would explode.

I do agree on the headshot thing, though. It's dumb that games don't treat headshots like it's a seriously lethal thing. Every game that does this (which is 99% of games) pisses me off when it happens.
>>
First person, zombies, button mashers that take no skill..
>>
Character Stereotypes. Except if it's a black guy stereotype, those are usually funny.
>>
I'm sick of games with dedicated tutorial sections that you have to finish before starting the game.

Either design the beginning part of a game in such a way that the player can figure out the mechanics with, at the most, quick explanations that don't stop the game, or put that shit in a manual, but stop with the whole "before you get started, let's teach you how to play the game" sort of thing.

also, a big double-fuck-you to games that disguise a tutorial level as some sort of "training" your character has to go through when you're playing as something like an experienced soldier but they're teaching you how to point and shoot a gun
>>
>>285650749
>Fantasy game involving humans
>has orcs, elves, and dwarfs
I hate Tolkien. Also, was does Fantasy = medieval themed world? "Fantasy" is anything that is make believe
>>
File: _61009041_spearinhead1.png (171KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
_61009041_spearinhead1.png
171KB, 549x549px
>>285654271
This guy lived.
>>
fucking quick time events
>>
File: 1395417040335.jpg (25KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
1395417040335.jpg
25KB, 650x425px
Branching level up trees(not the idea, just the way devs try an over complicate the menus)

F2P

Early Access
>>
>>285654190
Anon I don't want a social sim

I'm sick of seeing all the new MMOs coming out trying to cash in on WoW's success.

I want a good MMORPG.
>>
File: 0cnSJ.png (429KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
0cnSJ.png
429KB, 500x484px
>>285654116
Don't remind me of these feels
>>
>>285654347
>make everything extremely easy and simplistic so I don't have to pay attention

Nah fuck you, tutorials are fine and that way a game can be in depth with gameplay. Maybe if you didn't have the attention span of a fucking 6 year old you could handle it.
>>
>>285650749
Difficulty for the sake of difficulty
>>
>>285654428
he still woulda went down and out
>>
>>285654684
I still don't get what the problem with Early Access is

>do you want to pay to play a broken beta?
>yes
>ok here you go
>>
Being forced to make decisions you don't want to make in RPG's.
>>
File: tips furballs.gif (2MB, 335x258px) Image search: [Google]
tips furballs.gif
2MB, 335x258px
Dumbing a series down because kids nowadays suck at videogames.

I dont mind simplification as long as it doesn't ruin the core game or series for what its known for, but introducing something like waggle or fucking motion cap to a series known for fast pace action, adventure, dungeon crawling...there's no excuse except selling out to fucking faggots to make more money.
>>
>>285654271

It's completely retarded. I have no idea why Battlefield has it where you need at least 3 headshots to kill someone with an AR

And 2 in their hardcore mode.
>>
QTE is probably the worst thing in gaming that I want removed.

Next would be the ability to regenerate damage taken.

Also, RTS games where you control one unit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>285654557
>not liking quick time events
But anon. It's the future of gaming that provides players with a more engaging experience
>>
>>285654782

Or I already know how to fucking play another shooting game, and I don't need a 20 minute tutorial to shoot.
>>
>>285654992
threadly reminder that they literally dumbed down Pokemon. Pokemon, a series designed for children in the 90s was too hardcore for children in the 2010s
>>
Always online requirements
Multiplayer only $60 games
>>
>>285650749
HUD
Cross hairs
Carrying weapons awkwardly in first person
>>
>>285655035
>not cinematic experience
>no real time
>no intuitive
shit attempt, you've got no future in marketing son.
>>
File: So what's is gonna be.jpg (22KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
So what's is gonna be.jpg
22KB, 500x335px
>>285650749
>mfw this will never stop
Extreme amounts of handholding. It's 2015 I don't need to be told what wasd does or how to fucking look around you bastards! Unless you changed this formula don't fucking give me a pop up.
>>
>>285650749
Multiplayer in singleplayer games. I want a fucking Singleplayer game with a good story so I can pirate it. Yarr
>>
>>285654684
>Early Access

I've never gotten the hate for this.

I'm a software developer. Clients pay me all the time for unfinished software so they can go ahead and start using what features are complete, with the understanding that I'll complete the rest of it.

It's really common in software now since it's so easy to push updates. We usually call it "continuous integration" or "continuous deployment".

I don't see why it's any different if a video game customer wants to pay a developer for an unfinished game to go ahead and play it in its current state. It's not like they're being forced to
>>
>>285650821
If QTE's could give the players more control over the actions other than press X to not die, I could live with them.
>>
>>285650749
SJW shit like making previously good looking girls uggers

Zombies
>>
File: 1358140378681.jpg (33KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
1358140378681.jpg
33KB, 341x500px
>>285655391
>you've got no future in marketing son
i wasnt trying to be anon
>>
>All these complaints on QTE's
>not on paid disc locked DLC
I'm fine with stupid DLC like fucking costumes that do nothing but add cosmetic purposes. But when you lock entire characters in fighting games, it's a fucking tragedy.
>>
>>285650749
QTE, DLC and season pass shit. I know its the way of the future, and that's why games are dying.
>>
File: Obongo.jpg (12KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
Obongo.jpg
12KB, 300x207px
>>285650749

Regenerating health.
>>
>>285655546
>physical media
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.