[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't western devs make good boss fights? Either they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: Sauron.png (2MB, 1920x863px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.png
2MB, 1920x863px
Why can't western devs make good boss fights? Either they're a QTE (like pic related) or they're designed badly.
>>
tropical freeze was pretty good. that or it was just the boss fight music
>>
Probably because it would have been really hard to mesh the mechanics of the game into a boss as we know it. Instead of totally botching what many consider to be the crescendo of the game, they go the easy route and turn it into a cinematic experience. You may not like it, but at least you'll have something to watch, which is more than can be said for an actually boss battle that turns out to be shit.
>>
File: japanese western boss design.png (15KB, 699x159px) Image search: [Google]
japanese western boss design.png
15KB, 699x159px
>>
>>285595501
So the west hates fun.
>>
>>285597094
>muh realism
>>
>>285594996
so basically devs are being lazy shits huh
>>
>>
>>
>>285598976
https://archive.moe/v/search/filename/voted%20best%20action%20game.webm

https://archive.moe/v/search/filename/dying%20light%20final%20boss.webm

AUTISM
>>
File: PC_CLOS_OWP_UK[1].jpg (2MB, 1528x2157px) Image search: [Google]
PC_CLOS_OWP_UK[1].jpg
2MB, 1528x2157px
Can someone post examples of good Western boss fights?
I liked the boss fights in pic related
>>
>>285594705
But they can. Bosses in LotF have stages and drop modified loot when you beat them in a certain way. What is your response to that?
>>
>>285599430
Except for the Ice Titan, they were all solid fights.
Ratchet and Clank, Banjo Kazooie, and Donkey Kong also had good boss fights.
>>
File: Infiltrator.webm (3MB, 1129x635px)
Infiltrator.webm
3MB, 1129x635px
>>285599991
>>
Because western devs are trying to create "epic but also easy" bosses. This leads to a whole lot of fucking spectacle and useless QTE. Jap mentality is that a boss is where you are tested. This is where the player must prove himself worthy of progressing through the game. Western devs a shit.
>>
>>285599991
Would LoF be fun if I got it for cheap? I heard it was decent but not super good.
>>
>>285600167
>DESTROY THE LORD'S GATE TO KEYSTONE

Why the fuck to western devs do this shit

Do they really expect us to not remember what the fuck we're doing if it isnt plastered on the screen? is it so hard to check a journal menu?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.