[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 38

File: 1.png (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.png
235KB, 1920x1080px
I know some of you guys dissagree, call me a fag all you want but I would also want to know your real thoughts on this matter.

As a fighting fag I am not totally opossed to this idea. I have been unable to get into this series and bayonetta for this very same reason.

This are series with unique gameplay that should be getting more attention but wont, becasue most people find it off putting, there is sexy, and then there is DoA, wich I personally dont find sexy at all. And I fap to most vidya girls.

I know some of you also find this level of pandering a bit much. If they came up with sexy but sensible outfits for mainline DoA, jeep the jiggle but left the rest for the Beach Volleyball games, would that be ok for you?

I mean you keep saying gameplay is all that matters right? would leaving the g-strings and the panty shots for a spinoff be that horrible?, would giving people options be censorship if they still realease games with fanservice separate from mainline ?

Think about it for second before screaming about freedom.
>>
File: 2.png (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.png
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>285352997
>>
>>285352997
if you think japs dont use hentai to sell video games then you're literally retarded
>>
>>285352997
>there is sexy, and then there is DoA, wich I personally dont find sexy at all.
If it isn't sexy, why is it an issue you gigantic queermo.
>>
>>285353190
Quote me on that
>>
You know honestly, i think this is an ok decision.
Cmon man, some of the costume are like bath towels and underwear, its a bit over the top.
I think the normal costumes are fine as they are, keep the fanservice for when you are at home.
>>
Why play DoA if you don't like sexy?
>>
>>285352997
If you don't like an outfit, don't use it. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>285353231
Because it´s ridiculous, cringe inducing for lots of people, I find DoA to be more fun to play than say, tekken. and yet DoA gets no respect at all and has a very small fanbase.
>>
File: last.png (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
last.png
433KB, 1920x1080px
>>285353037
last
>>
>>285353469
Unique game mechanics not found in other games. And i find most RE girls sexier than the whole DoA cast combined. It´s too in your face.
>>
>>285352997
>I have been unable to get into this series and bayonetta for this very same reason
>muh uncomfortable feelings
>muh embarassed face
>muh social standing
>caring about what others think

kill yourself faggot
>>
Listen guys

How about

wait, listen

How about you fuckers

listen

How about you fuckers make your own game instead of complaining?

If the game aren't appealed to you,
IT'S NOT FOR YOU!!

DONT FUCKING TAKE IT OFF FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ENJOYED THE GAME AS THE WAY IT IS!!! YOU SELFISH GAY FUCK!
>>
>>285353497
Thanks captain obvious, could you check the pic on OP. This is about getting more people to play the game, people that would not touch it as it is.
>>
was this costume really banned?
>>
If anyone from /v/ gets into a top 8 you faggots better use the skimpiest shit imaginable while licking your lips at the character select screen
>>
If you can't get into these games, that's your fucking problem.

As a fellow fighting fag, this shit is retarded and done to pander to streamers so they can pocket more revenue. It has no positive effect on the players.

When you're good at a game it's not like you even see costumes mid-match, you see hitboxes and frame data playing out. If someone wants to use a titty costume, that's their business. Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken and more all have costumes much lewder than some of the more conservative ones on the ban list and no one loses their shit over it.

It's rediculous. I don't play DOA, but if that happened to one of my games I'd fucking pick the costumes out of spite and force them to throw me out. Most TOs wouldn't have the balls anyways.
>>
>wants the game to be taken seriously

I KNOW. LET'S FABRICATE A CONTROVERSY AROUND IT SO EVERYONE THINKS ANYONE WHO PLAYS IS PERVERTED OR SOMETHING!

Good job shooting yourself in the foot doing what you think to be the "correct" moral choices for everyone else.
>>
>>285353983

Visible armpits, too sexy. Might offend puritan stream monsters.
>>
>>285353817
>>muh uncomfortable feelings
>>muh embarassed face

I never said I was embarrased or uncomfortable, I am anoyed and put-off. Stop projecting, this is about gameplay and competive scenes, not about what you or me "feel", it´s about how public prception affects a game.
>>
>>285353952
So... pandering instead of going with their actual artistic vision, even if some people don't like it? Fuck that.
>>
>>285354291
>public prception

You mean those who don't play the game, and never will?
>>
>>285352997

>Leaving the panty shots out

You heard him, folks: skirts are too sexy for DOA. Pants only.
>>
>>285354291
>annoyed and put-off because it makes your faggot ass uncomfortable about public perception
>caring what others perceive at all
>>
File: 1423854109083.jpg (87KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423854109083.jpg
87KB, 640x360px
>we don't want to take your games away
>BUT WE'RE GONNA WHINE AND BITCH UNTIL THEY TAKE YOUR GAMES AWAY

lol sjw
i assume there's enough guys with actual testicles in the fighting gaem scene to tell the cunts to fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>285352997

I'm so sorry you don't find DOA girls attractive, but lots of others do.

I want to play a hot bitch and win money with her. Cope with it.
>>
>>285354335
Removing the pandering would be pandering ?, well I guess you can´t please everyone.
>>
Well you know what?
Fuck that noise!

Why not make a new DoA league with hookers AND sexy costumes? So those castrated male feminist beta cucks can jerk each other off and play with a burqa mod for all I care.
>>
>>285352997
this is some of the dumbest bullshit i've ever heard
>>
>>285354372
There is a reason why they don´t play it, even if they respect the game otherwise.
>>
>>285352997
i find men half naked offensive, ban that too please
there's not enough furries/midget/_ that's offensive ban this game for not being progressive
etc etc
>>
>>285354532
The FGC shuns DoA pretty hard, thats the whole point.
>>
>>285352997
I think it's totally within the tournament owner's rights to not allow things at their tournament. But i think its totally within people's rights that are upset about this to go to other tournaments or make their own.
>>
>>285353820
Because complaining is much easier than putting effort into making something. Fuck these people.
>>
Great idea, m8s. Lets extend this to other games, too! Cammy is too sexy, Sakura has pantyshots, Elena is bearly wearing anything at all and Juri is sex incarnate. You have to wear conservative costumes for all of them except Juri, she's outright banned for being too lewd.

Praise Jesus!
>>
>>285353540
So deal with it you whining faggot. if you can't take it, play something else. Clearly DoA isn't for you and there's no reason it should cater to your tastes specifically. it applied to Cisquisition and it applies here too.
>>
>>285354980
and yet they'd still keep geif
i hate everyone
>>
File: a03[1].png (576KB, 1530x1542px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
a03[1].png
576KB, 1530x1542px
>>
>>285354291
Nobody cares, i don't like racers, but i don't go around expecting racing games to cater to me, not every game is gonna appeal to everyone.
>>
Why you yank are so scared of nudity I'll never know.
Its just skin, You see it everyday
>>
>>285354747
So,
if i don't play Dark souls because it's too hard,
they have to tone down the game difficulty to appeal to me?

If Sonic's arm is blue and i don't like it, they have to change the color for me?

The world don't revolve around you, you deep shit.

If you don't like the game for any reason, then move along and find the game that you like.
Don't ruin the games for others just so it can appeal to you.
>>
>>285353674
>promote the gameplay without viewers being distracted
Unless they're talking about hormonally unstable teenagers I don't see how anyone seriously interested about the gameplay of a fighting game could be distracted by the appearance of the characters, they could be completely naked that it wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>285354886

FGC shuns everything that isn't Capcom, let's be honest here.
>>
I've heard there is a lot of people that make them wimminz dress in such a way that there is not a single inch of flesh visible. We could import that habit so none of our womans ever, EVER, take offence.

Who's with me?
>>
>>285354639
It's called "target audience", you dumb fuck.
>>
>>285354747
not every game is for everyone.
>>
>>285355021
> Clearly DoA isn't for you
But i like the counter mechanics ?

>there's no reason it should cater to your tastes specifically

Most people tastes actually, it´s one of the smallest scenes for a reason.
>>
>>285352997
>TN releases doa5 after catering to fgc for fighting mechanics/make it more competitive
>Such a small minority of fgc even bother playing it/giving it a chance
>TN has to pay the bills by making dlc/costumes that actually sells
>Offers tournament/money prizes for fgc/hardcores
>'doa community' bites the hands that feeds it by telling people to not buy the dlc content
fgc is cancer, TN should just cancel the tournament series
>>
>>285354886
Yeah because DoA is shit just as a fighting game
>>
I really hope the FGC does not roll over and take it in the ass with this ruling, they better pick the skimpy shit on purpose
>>
Wait, people actually play DoA? I always assumed it was just a $60 simulator.
>>
>>285353796
>VF5
>>
>>285355262
>But i like the counter mechanics ?

So deal with it or learn to play blind you soft faggot.
>>
>>285355359
Breasts physics simulator?
>>
>>285355262

So play VF.

Or play DOA, pick a conservative costume and keep your panties unbunched if your opponent picks a slutty one because why the fuck do you even care?

Are you going to be forced to whip your dick out right there or something?
>>
>>285355280
Well I disagree.
>>
>>285355294
They don't call them fighting game cucks for nothing
>>
>>285355149
>M-muh capcom boogy man!
Yet they seem to love watching KoF and Tekken
>>
>>285354886
>not capcom
>people finally sorta played kof after 13th edition
>>
>>285355294
This has nothing to do with the FGC, it is only one venue, and the FGC gives no shits about DoA.
>>
>>285355359
it's f2p now
>>
>>285355614

Tekken's more or less dead, m8. Doyou even play?
>>
>>285355294
>FGC
>Caving in to anything

Those crazy motherfuckers won't give them an inch, although I feel like after the WHO BITCH THIS IS incident tumblrtards are going to start targeting the shit out of them.
>>
>>285355262
games shouldn't try to please most people, thats how they become bland, lifeless and please nobody. Get your own games and stop trying to change other peoples games.
>>
>>285355294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sfs9h3bIDg
>>
>>285355294
>>285355294

No one around here plays DOA so I never got into it but if they did I would struggle to get on stream and pick the lewdest shit I possibly could.

Hell, I might do this in the games I do play then laugh about how I'd be DQ'd in the DOA community.
>>
>>285355614
>love watching Tekken
ResidentSleeper
>>
>>285353540
Why do you play video games at all? Granted, it is becoming more and more socially acceptable, it's still ridiculous, cringe inducing for lots of people, I find vidya to be more fun to play than say, soccer, and yet gaming gets no respect at all and has a very small fan base.

So, because of what a lot of people think about your hobby, change it.
>>
>>285355712

DoA players are part of the FGC. Most, if not all, of them play another game too. It's a small corner of the FGC but still the FGC. It's not like Smash that got pushed out into their own corner and has relatively little crossover.
>>
Nothing more than a dress code
There are tons of other official game events that have a uniform policy, I don't see how this is getting so many people buttranged
>>
>>285356180
lol
>>
>>285354291
I'm gay, and you are literally more of a faggot than me, dude. Let that sink in.
>>
>>285352997
>>285353037
>streaming anime
>streaming SPANISH anime
your opinions are literally worthless
>>
>>285356180

It's fucking unessecary restriction.

Show me a FGC tournament with a dress code, anyways.
>>
File: 18FVJ.jpg (620KB, 2696x1516px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
18FVJ.jpg
620KB, 2696x1516px
OP here.

First, I don´t want them to stop making games a certain way, or preffer if they make them to my linking. There are all sorts of fightings and i´m not starving for vidya in general.

It´s just a shame that his game, or Skullgirls for that matter get so little attention for the exact same reason. Their artistic vision panders to a very small subset of people, the rest find it kida bad. It´s a shame becasue they are games that desrvee bigger playerbases.

I do not find it offensive at all, I find it juvenile.

Was DmC: DmC was offfensive to your poor little feelings ? or did you completly dismiss it becasue their artistic vision was kinda shit in your opinion.
>>
File: 1424990180453.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424990180453.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>285356118
Basketball involves a lot of running. I feel like it should be changed because I personally don't like so much running.

Now I know some of you might say to watch something without running, but that's not the point. I like the dribbling mechanics.

So I feel that the NBA should hear me out and change the sport to cater to my tastes. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. it's cringe inducing.
>>
>>285356361
It was the first result mang, they are subtitles, I dun care.
>>
>>285356398
>censorship is okay when I say it is
>>
>>285354291

God I hate this new generation of faggy players who are more concerned with how they look on stream than they are with actually being there to test themselves or improve. There are so fucking many of you. Fuck Twitch for existing.
>>
>>285356516
there's no valid excuse for streaming anime let alone spanish anime
>>
>>285356118
I proposed options that is all, the volleyball games are thing already.

Just an anon here, I have no power to change anything.
>>
>>285352997
>publishing a raft
>>
>>285356398
>I find it
>I

And who the fuck cares about you? The option is still available for you to play something else if a bikini triggers you.
>>
>>285356398
>Their artistic vision panders to a very small subset of people
that's the point
>people want to demonize people who like hot girls and jiggly tits
>>
>>285356614
My fucking hardrives are all over 95% full and I have already seen them and deleted them before.
>>
>>285352997
Its a fucking video game, grow the fuck up.
It have its own crowd and just because it doesn't pander to you doesn't mean it should. Fuck off.
>>
>>285356398

It's fucking retarded. Just play the game. It's a 3D figter anyways so your goong to have a small scene regardless. VF isn't any bugger despite the fact that most people consider it to have superior mechanics and no one considers it a titty fighter.

Stop being overly obsessed with the people watching you and just play your fucking game. Be glad your scene is alive in the first place, some of us aren't so lucky.
>>
>>285356398
>THIS GAME IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESNT PANDER TO ME

You sound like such a fag
>>
>>285356875
still not an excuse
external hdds are cheap
>>
>>285356398

see
>>285356410

You sound exactly as retarded as that.
>>
>>285356835
The retards entire argument is beyond ignorant. It basically amounts to, "I really love everything about this game except how it looks so change it"
>>
>>285356686
Most people anon, most people.

But more importantly I don´t care a whole lot about the issue, chill a little anons, I am not anita, not going on tv tomorrow to ask for anyones head so maybe you start giving opinions without getting so angry ok ?
>>
>>285356960
If they're so cheap I take that as you offering to gift one?

Otherwise you can find the nearest cock and choke on it.
>>
>>285357239
why would I give you something just because I can afford what you're too poor to?
>>
>>285356960
2 of those already died on me, took a lot of data with them. I gotta stop buying WD, but I´m a cheap fuck.
>>
>>285356398

Did you know that the players have the ability to choose the costumes they use when playing? The solution to your problem was there all along!

If you don't like a skimpy costume, don't pick it! If your opponent disagrees, he has the option to pick a skimpy costume!

Through this, each player only needs use the costume they wish to. If they majority of the community does not want to use skimpy costumes, they won't be used! If some fellow really likes the idea of pushing your shit in while wearing nothing but some bandages, he'll be able to do that too! If the manority of players prefer skimpy outfits (unlikely), then why are you even pandering to people who don't play over your own fucking players? What kind of awful TO would even do that?
>>
>>285352997
If the tournament goes full autism and wants the gameplay but not 100% lewd they could just use a selection of default costumes for all characters.

However don't go asking for changes to the artistic decisions from the developers that have pretty much been an integral part of doa for the longest term. Sadly not every game is as fluid as Quake in changing pretty much all parts that aren't gameplay into whatever mould you think is apropiate (ie, coloured blobs on a beige background or painting some antichrist piece of shit all over the wall with a shotgun.)


It's a lewd 3d fighter, deal with it.
Additional rules for your competition so it's apropiate for a wider audience?
Sure, fine, everybody wins.
>>
>>285352997
Here's what I'll say: It's a tournament organized by some organization. If they want to put these rules up, then I don't really care. In people's own homes, or in public online games, people can choose to use whatever costume they want, they can even mod the game itself however they want. I understand the goals of the ban. They don't want the costumes removed from the game, they don't want to give the appearance that the game is only about sexy costumes.

>I mean you keep saying gameplay is all that matters right?
No one says that. People only say that gameplay is the most important aspect and you're being intentionally obtuse.
>>
>>285357208
Most people who don't play videogames at all ate are just itching for the next big outrage.

> I don´t care a whole lot about the issue
>But I'm going to start a thread
>And I'm going to take up a passive-aggressive tone when confronted with my own stupidity
>And I'm going to act like I'm the sane one and everybody else is being sensitive about developers being able to make the game they want to make
>But seriously, I don't care at all xDDD
>>
>>285354654
>I'm building my own casino, with blackjack. And hookers.
>>
>>285356982

I´m not starting a petion anon, I never asked for a massive recall and retool of the games. I simply threw the idea out there of two separate lines of DoA games. Like pokemon, one with the fighting, one with the lewd.
>>
>>285357208

>wants /v/ to not be angry

Are you new?

The board's fucking avatar is a dude who throws a shitfit over anything
>>
>>285357595
Or we can just have a videogame and the people who don't like it can go fuck themselves and play something else.
>>
>>285357208
Typical skin saving tactics.

I'm not mad guys,
U mad?
Chill bruh.

I don't care,
I literally don't care at all that i have to make a thread about it.
I literally don't give a damn that i must reply to people.
>>
>>285356180
Some restrictions are placed for balancing reasons (eg: some League of Legends skins are banned because they obstruct vision). But this shit is different.
>>
>>285352997
They took the only reason to play this hot garbage out of the picture. Might as well play VF5
>>
>>285357595

I can play porn games if I just want lewd

I can play VF or SF if I just want fighting

I play DOA when I want to play a lewd fighter
>>
>>285352997

>and bayonetta

Ultra faggot and an idiot who doesn't know when something is tongue in cheek.
>>
>>285356398
You are an entitled little shit.
>>
File: 1418085683528.png (190KB, 468x477px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418085683528.png
190KB, 468x477px
>>285352997
Stop being such a little bitch. Boobs aren't going to hurt you.
>>
>>285357530
Most people that play fighting games play games anon, most of those exit the room when DoA is being played. It´s not about getting non-gamers to like it, it´s about more people getting into the competitive side of the game.
>>
>>285357595
and yet you are the same person who was talking about how people shouldnt change their artistic vision
>>
>>285352997
people say sjws aren't effecting games
>>
>>285357595

Anons are being retarded but you're still an idiot for thinking that banning costumes is going to improve your game's playerbase even remotely, and a jackass for trying to control what fucking costumes your players use.
>>
>>285358031
Who are these magical "most" people you keep referring to?
>>
> Americans can't enjoy sexy ladies
> no self restraint
> forcing self censorship
Land of the Literally gay
>>
It wont solve the non-issue they think it will solve, nobody's fooled by trying to hide things on a stream.
>>
>>285358031
Then let them leaves,
Why do we care about some faggots that are offended by boobs?

If you play a game just to attract audiences,
Play something else.
The game is literally not for you.
>>
>>285357595
So what's your endgame? You are now saying that you don't want to change anything about the game, but thats clearly hypocritical and it's exactly what you are implying.
>>
>>285357825
Saying skin?, do you see a trip or something? do you even know what an anonymous board is?

I got my answers anyway, even if some of you got mad, some of you gave me things to think about as well.
>>
>>285358031

That has more to do with the mechanics than it does the tits.

You like DOA's mechanics. I do too, actually, but most people just eant to play SF and aren't comfortable with a game where you're unsafe on offense as much as you are in DOA. Not to mention it's a 3D game.
>>
>>285357595
I wouldnt dislike this idea, but put simply, the non sexual games wouldnt sell and youd be left with just the sexual one after a few releases.
>>
It's their tournament, their rules. Though, I think it's retarded. It ultimately depends on who contributed to the prize pool and the entrants though.
>>
>>285357985
Find the part where I said "I desserve" o even "I want" or even implied that my hypotetical scenario was a forced thing I need or want, in any of my post, all I said is the game deserved a bigger playerbase.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (17KB, 249x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WHY.jpg
17KB, 249x340px
>>285358327
Keep replying
You just proven my point yet again.

This is an anonymous board,
you don't have to save your skin again and again.
You just have to stop replying.
that's all.
>>
>>285358031
They exit the room because they don't care about the game, soft banning costunes wont change that, do you see people fleeing the room whenever someone picks Poison?
>>
Faggot

If i want to play as X skin, I'll plays as x skin. Aethetics shouldn't be rule breakers
>>
>>285358317

This

If you want stream revenue play SF or Marvel

If you like DOA's mechanics go play it with other people who do and don't try to tell them what fucking costumes they're allowed to use. It's fucking absurd.

>Could you please not wear the bikini? You're embarrassing me

Bitch you're going to be more embarrassed when I wipe the floor with your ass while wearing my skimpy pink swimsuit

What, are you afraid your mom is watching the stream?
>>
>>285353796
>They're too sexy that's not sexy.

Alright I'm out, have a nice thread.
>>
The only way an alt color or a dress would be bannable is when it interferes with the enviroment or produces certain glitches.
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 720x1280px
OP does this trigger you?
>>
>>285358187
That has nothing to do with America, people from the whole world mocks DOA for being a ero game disguised as a fighting one. Also i don't remember USA banning any game from this series unlike Europe.
>>
File: life.png (27KB, 691x288px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
life.png
27KB, 691x288px
>>285352997
>>
>>285358429
"the non sexual games wouldnt sell and youd be left with just the sexual one after a few releases"

Maybe, it´s still a 3D fighting game after all. I just just wondering.
>>
>>285352997
I like how all the tourneyfags who play games with retarded rules even thought this rule was too much and ripped it apart.
>>
File: 1408899139375.jpg (29KB, 342x342px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408899139375.jpg
29KB, 342x342px
>We want people to take DOA seriously
>>
Yeah man hide away the breasts so we can focus on the mature gameplay of virtual ladies kicking the fuck out of each other
>>
>>285352997
http://www.reaxxion.com/5908/manchildren-ban-sexy-outfits-from-doa-5-last-round-tournament
>>
>>285359065
/thread

sage this shitty thread.

The actual players of the game had spoken.

And we have no reason to appeal to the non-target audiences.
>>
So just play Akira OP. Everyone will take you seriously.

Oh, or is that too hard for you?
>>
Everyone should wear burkas

It's the only way to take fighting games seriously.
>>
>>285358924
Polygons ? No, I´m a stright male latino. I don´t get triggered. I also leave the room when Fairly Odd Parents is on the tv, am I triggered by that too, no.
>>
>>285355083
if you see this image while scrolling past the first page

you have been visited by the snowy ass fucking streets of your snow coated city

busted asses and car wrecks will come your way unless you post "go away you cold asshole" in this thread


but really FUCK SNOW
>>
>top8
>someone picks risque costume
>stream is delayed 30 minutes while TO deliberates and decides if the costume is banned or not
>TO too lazy will ban all dlc costumes instead
>>
>>285358031
The reason no one likes DoA is because it's fucking shit. If Capcom made a female only fighting game in skimpy outfits they'd make millions
>>
>>285352997
>I have been unable to get into this series and bayonetta for this very same reason.
Then you're probably too young for 4chan.
>>
>>285358258
this, doa on stream before even costumes is tits and jigglies from streamchat
>>
>>285359453
I have only played the game in short burst with a friend, maybe on a few occasions. I digged it, but just like skullgirls, I can´t get into it.

I know I´m not the only one.
>>
>>285358698
Actually it should because some costumes /accessories fucks up the visibility of hitboxes.
>>
>>285354291
I'm sorry that tits ruin games for you. I'll just assume you hate your mother or some other fucked up brain problem.
>>
>>285359569

That is some light-ass snowfall to be bitching about.
>>
>>285352997
This is stupid, the soft ban that is.
Don't even bother responding to this post.
>implying you can change my opinion.
>>
>Made uncomfortable by skin and sexiness

You're more immature than I am. That's impressive. And awful.
>>
>>285359764

Wait, OP doesn't even play DOA?

Why are we even here
>>
Barely any of you even care about DOA offline tournaments, move on.
>>
>>285359574
>unironically posting vivian james shit

kill yourself
>>
>>285359861
It´s mostly the constant pantyshots, the jiggle is pretty cool. I´m sorry too anon.
>>
>>285360056
Everyone loves a good shitpost
>>
>>285360103

No u
>>
>>285360158
cool
thats no reason to make an entire different game just becuase you dont like it
>>
File: 1232422498569.jpg (59KB, 815x622px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1232422498569.jpg
59KB, 815x622px
>>285352997
>giving people options by removing options from the main games
what
>>
>>285360158
How do panty shots effect the gameplay?
>>
Tourneyfags are gonna tourneyfag.

Of course they'll ban some outfits because they have to take some of the fun out of a game before they call it competitive.
>>
>>285360158

Most characters have at least one costume with pants

Do you get triggered when someone picks Sakra in SF? How about Sophitia in SC? Xiaoyu in Tekken?
>>
>>285359949
best thing i could find quickly where i am its up to my fucking knees and im 6,6
>>
>>285360050
Are you insinuating liking skin and sexiness is a proof of maturity? Teenagers are all mature then i guess.
>>
>>285352997
I think Novi had the best response for this to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ae7L9kD14

if you don't like sex in your video games then don't support sex driven video games.

If the game also happens to be a good game then it is your conscious decision to miss out on a good game.
>>
>>285360341

Oh fuck off. I'm sorry you're so butthurt about a meme from 2006.
>>
>>285360056

I didn´t make that clear huh, well it´s not importat this far into the thread, I play fighting games in general, mostly KoF and Marvel to keep the stereotype alive

Thread was about getting more people to notice the game for it´s gameplay. Not about me.
>>
File: 1413499361390.png (81KB, 160x187px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413499361390.png
81KB, 160x187px
>>285359764
If you're a real "fighting fag", you wouldn't have given a fuck about the skimpy shit.
>>
>>285360426
no you are immature by not being able to over look the skin and sexiness to see the game for what it is
>>
>>285360426

No, but not flipping the fuck out about it does.
>>
>>285359621
No they wouldn't. Stop giving them bad ideas they're already hard up for money.
In fact its because of sarcastic careless people like you at DOA's main community website FSD that DOA5 ended up the way it did.
>>
File: 1410866218065.jpg (68KB, 600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410866218065.jpg
68KB, 600x900px
>>285352997
>I like game but without thing
>everyone now has to play without thing I don't like
>if you don't like it we won't play thing :)

Boycott the tournament, give them no views, no money, and highly support any tournaments that have paid cosplayers in skimpy outfits.

The market, meaning the fanbase, determines what is shown and played.
Silly concepts like "personal sensibilities" and forcing it upon people as if you are the guiding hand of morality should be laughed at.
>>
>>285356398
I'm surprised no one mentioned that DmC is a shitty game and got dismissed for a lot more than its artistic vision.
Also, its artistic vision ran contrary to what was expected of the series and loved by the fans, making a DmC-like change a lot more akin to what you're proposing.
>>
>>285360598
Starting to see that, going to give it a try when it comes to pc. The thread was about the game getting accepted by more people, one doesnt count as much but in my personal case, i should get over myself I guess .....
>>
File: your post.png (17KB, 746x315px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
your post.png
17KB, 746x315px
>>285352997
>>
>>285360505

Then why do you even give a fuck? It's not even your game that has the bad reputation.

It's not like KOF doesn't have it's fair share of tits either, with Mai in general or King's clothes exploding.

Most people in the FGC don't care for DOA, but it's not because of the tits. It's because they don't like holds, they can't get used to the unusual flow of the game and, worst of all, it's a 3D fighter with a block button. They make fun of it by calling it a titty fighter but that's by no means why most people don't play.
>>
File: 1363396443982.jpg (337KB, 2076x2394px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363396443982.jpg
337KB, 2076x2394px
>>285360489
that theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNaHxTUx6Y
>>
Politically correct bullshit
get out of my vidya sjw
>>
>>285360916
Go to hell you fucking retard.
>>
>>285361145
>t. bootyblasted landwhale
>>
i'm sorry but you're game of choice is kind of shitty, you're game is kinda shitty.

you are not gonna turn around the FGC to thinking DoA is great because you ban bikinis. thats fucking retarded. everyone knows what DoA is. its the simplest and most under-designed 3d fightan available, with babies first auto-counter system. no one wants to get hype over DoA and no one will, whether the ladies are wearing bikinis or not.
>>
>>285361049
This so hard. I also have no problem with MK's huge emphasis on gore, it's actually kinda cool, but avoid playing it because I don't like the mechanics.
Likewise, I'm not a fan of Arcana Heart's huge emphasis on kawaii bullshit, but I play it anyway because it's a fun game.
Most of the FGC can get past aesthetics if the gameplay appeals to them.
>>
>>285360923
Well I pirated it and thought it was the best hack and slash ever made by a western studio, even if pales in comparison to jap ones.

I didn´t pay for it becasue their PR team kept insulting me pretty directly at every oportunity.
>>
>>285360103
so edgy
>>
>>285360923
I assume no one mentioned that because it was a given. They felt they were entitled to a purchase because of the series name and the fact that they 'mixed things up', and they were wrong.
>>
>>285360235
>>285361334
>le gg waifu
>le redditchan unite to take down muh women
>le literally chantology 2.0 without the masks

XD XD XD ROFL
>>
>>285356180
I hope you are kidding that is some scary shit if true
>>
File: 1408965490658.png (517KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408965490658.png
517KB, 850x1134px
>>285360235
>>285361334
lamo
>>
>>285361286
DOA4 was the most balanced and deepest fighting game ever made. I'm not sure if you're over-generalizing while meaning DOA5, or if you're just retarded and like the feeling of mashing buttons like some autism.
>>
>>285360923
Hey, at least the definitive edition is gonna be a competent game.
Mainly because they are adding all the shit that they said the original game didn't need.

Retarded dumbfucks.
>>
>>285361049
I agree. I think most of the FGC hates the counter moves, because they love a big combo and hate anyway it can be stopped.
>>
>>285360426
There's a difference between liking and not being made uncomfortable by it

I don't like dicks or man ass but I love the MGS series despite it being brimming with homoeroticism.

It's called not being a little bitch.
>>
>>285361591
they didnt actually fix much with it though
>>
>>285361496

>to take down women

What's it like being this new, I don't remember
>>
>>285361553
>DOA4 was the most balanced and deepest fighting game ever made. I'm not sure if you're over-generalizing while meaning DOA5, or if you're just retarded and like the feeling of mashing buttons like some autism.

just highlighting your post so you can read it back and feel embarrassed lol
>>
>>285352997
why won't they just have a big black censor bar costumes in tournaments if all they want is the fighting mechanics?

hell even a full muslim women costume would do.
>>
>>285361731
YOU REPLIED TO MY POST

THAT MAKES ME THE WINNER

I RILED YOU UP HAHA
>>
>>285361313
>the best hack and slash ever made by a western studio
What's the runner-up? That's not a very prestigious title. I just don't see why you'd play a dumbed-down DMC when DMC still exists.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x876px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x876px
>>285361817
The truth is not embarassing.
>>
>>285361674
The fixes seem enough to match DMC3 without styles.

The major issues remaining are the bright as fuck colors that hurt my eyes, the story(which doesn't even fucking matter at this point), and the biggest one: that awful piece of shit soundtrack.
Hope it gets a PC release because god damn the music alone makes it unplayable for me, it's a pet peeve, but still.
>>
File: Xbox Wins.jpg (69KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Xbox Wins.jpg
69KB, 600x800px
>>285352997

Whelp. We're already heading down the road of ARTISTIC CENSORSHIP.

This is exactly what the SJW Nazis wanted.

Bans on video games. Censorship in video games.

THEY NEVER WANTED FAIRNESS OR EQUALITY.

They only wanted to get their way by any means necessary. And now we're all going to pay for not standing up to them.
>>
>mechanic where you can block attacks

>T-T-T-THAT'S NOT FAIR
>YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STOP MUH ATTACK COMBO CHAIN ONCE I'M MASHING IT

lul, that sounds pretty scrubbish
>>
>>285352997
> I have been unable to get into this series and bayonetta for this very same reason.
OP IS A FAGGOT
A FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
>>
>>285361832
>Ayane in a burka
Muh dick!
>>
>>285361591
How is adding lock on going to make a difference tho, mapping moves to locked on inputs only makes a difference if they add more. The whole point was that no lock on meant less moves. This will fix nothing.

They are going overboard with the difficulty/style setings too, worried they might make it tedious instead of more varied. They better offer some custumization on all of those options.

No damage unless S rank seems a bit much for DmD difficulty, they better balance that shit.
>>
>>285361980
they didnt fix the choppy and jumpy animations
or the retarded controls
they brought in lock on but they were too stupid to realize why people were asking for it
>>
Well I'm going to buy two copies of Hatred just to show them what's what.
>>
File: 1312607318266.jpg (201KB, 420x874px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1312607318266.jpg
201KB, 420x874px
>>285362026

It's funny how the feminists, SJW goons and radical Muslims all want the same things.
>>
>>285362032

It is. Lots of players get their butts in a knot when their SF knowledge doesn't directly translate over to a game and make them great at it.
>>
>>285362250
; D

Kill my self? will do
>>
op is a faggot go kill yourself
>>
>>285352997
I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. A costume probably wouldn't drastically affect someone's ability to perform in a tournament.
>>
>>285352997
why do i have this terrible feeling of pixel game devs going in the small fighting market in the future?
>>
>>285356398
>it's bad if a game doesn't appeal to the masses
Don't even okay DoA or fighters for that matter, but go fuck your self
>>
They ban any stages? DOA seems to be the type of game they'd ban a few. At least that rooftop one where you can easily hit P2 into the breakers and then toss them into the street below.
>>
>>285362026
Stop shoehorning SJWs into everything, GG retard.
>>
>>285362981
>>285362548

>Censorship isn't a big deal!

Fuck you faggot.

And this isn't about GG you fucking cunt. It's about artistic freedom.

Now leave this board forever you fucking faggot. Your kind isn't wanted here.
>>
>implying people play DoA for anything but the oversexualized shit

I'm calling fucking bullshit. No one buys a game with that much sexualization for the gameplay.
>>
>>285363089
no one said that
you are just retarded
>>
>>285363165
>people shouldnt like video games
>>
>>285363089
muh freedom
>>
So what the fuck does a "soft ban" mean, anyway? Are they going to make you stop playing if you pick a sexy costume, or just give you dirty looks?

Because if it's the latter, then I'm afraid I don't much see the point.
>>
>>285363165
There's always exceptions.
>>
Why would you be upset that a game whose whole marketing strategy is DAMN LOOK AT THOSE TITTIES isn't being taken seriously? You can use costumes that don't show as much skin, but that doesn't change what the game is. If you want the game to be considered as a good fighting game, don't try to sweep what it is under the rug, but emphasize that it is good despite that. Let the players play in bondage gear or slutty maid outfits. They're not going to be jacking it with their hands on the controllers because they are engrossed in playing and the spectators will be enjoying the fights if the game is as good as you say.
>>
>>285352997
well guess what, when you play the game the costumes are in plain site and advertised so you will feel exactly the same its just the tournaments will mislead you into thinking its more family friendly then it really is you gigantic fucking retard

what if you see someone stream conker and they skip all the crude humor and violence? will that make you play that? because you find violence and sex jokes to rude

their still there in both scenarios you are just pretending they do not exist to feel like you are superior
>>
>>285363512
A suggestion for wich costumes would be "Ok".
>>
>>285363512
A soft ban means that it's not enforced strictly by everyone and varies between different tournaments and groups of players.

It's not universally agreed upon so you are encouraged to follow the "soft ban" until it becomes official.
>>
>>285352997
I have big prolems with the move, both in what is 'soft banned' and their reasoning.

>1. We want DoA to become more respected/people to focus more on the gameplay than it's tits.
This will never happen. DoA is a long running series with a long running reputation. Banning people from using certain costumes will not change their opinion. This is a rep that DoA has had for over a decade. It will never leave it. People that actually enjoy the fighting will ignore or push past it while others won't. Plus, trying to get FGC respect is pointless.

>2. These costumes are over-sexualized/not FGC appropriate/not stream appropriate/might offend somebody.
Who gives a fuck? Who decides what is over the line and what's OK? Checking the list of banned (and not banned) costumes puts shit into perspective just how little they actually looked at the costumes and just banned whole packs. For example, Ayane's regular school swimsuit is banned, but her new monkey costume (which consists of an open waist-high jacket, bra, a thong, and thighhighs) and her Ultimate Sexy Bunny costume aren't. Mila's school uniform is also banned but I believe her Racer outfit which has her in bootyshorts, a bra and fuck-me-boots isn't. They didn't do research and the bans are completely arbitrary.

There's also the fact that the ban only targets DoA 5 and leaves 3, 4 and Dimensions alone. It only targets the women leaving any sexy guy costumes perfectly fine, even if it's Bayman and Leon getting sweaty and grappling each other in their underwear. Then there's the fact that this is a fighting game ban on something that has no gameplay effects. It is purely aesthetics.

If you don't like the costumes, don't pick em, there's like 20-30+ for each character. If someone else picks one, deal with it. You can't make them not pick a sexy costume anymore than they can make you pick one.

TL;DR http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gxb2Hr0OkU
>>
>>285363089
How about i cum all over your mother face and post the picture on tumblr? That's my artistic freedom but I'm sure as hell you want to censor it.
>>
>>285363705
>It's not universally agreed upon so you are encouraged to follow the "soft ban" until it becomes official.

Yeah, but can they kick you out if you pick an unapproved costume? After all, it isn't official.
>>
>>285363512

In this case, TOs can hard ban the costumes at their own discretion, but the "heads" of the community are suggesting they do in order to place an overall stigma on them.
>>
>>285362026
>>285358187
>>285356527
>>285363089
>a soft ban on costumes in streamed tournaments you don't have to enter is censorship
Nah. I don't even agree with it and you guys are being retarded.
>>
>>285363935
The punishment varies between different organizers.

If they want to ban a player for that then they will.
>>
>>285352997
but why do you care. Just play the game, like, how does a character with big tits flopping about change the gameplay?

i'll never get this. If you dont like it then you are not the intended audience, just dont play it.
>>
>>285364021

Ah. So basically, they're just flat-out trying to kill tournament play entirely.

Gotcha.
>>
DoA is not a fighting game. The only true fighting games left are Marvel and Street Fighter
>>
>>285360505
>Thread was about getting more people to notice the game for it´s gameplay. Its not about me.

No you made a thread centered around banning costumes because they were too revealing because you feel it distracted YOU from the gameplay as well as this demographic of people that I personally don't care for.

Would it matter? No not really. But I don't see your point of view at all considering what the franchise is and always has been. You also sound like a total killjoy hype killer, which is what fighting games are about. So you and your group of people can ban every costume in the world and everyone in my local scene will continue to not give two shits.
>>
>>285363990
no but what the op is saying is
he's saying games shouldnt be as sexualized so he doesnt feel uncomfortable about them
i couldnt care less about what whats in and out of tournys but the op actually wants this game to be censored
>>
>>285363861

Not him but I wouldn't want to censor it. I'd prefer it wasn't there but I'm not going to tell you you're not allowed to do it.
>>
>>285352997
>I mean you keep saying gameplay is all that matters right? would leaving the g-strings and the panty shots for a spinoff be that horrible?, would giving people options be censorship if they still realease games with fanservice separate from mainline ?

Does a cake without icing suck?

The T&A is easily the best thing about the franchise.
>>
>>285363990
>censored
>examine officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it
>the people who make the rules have examined the latest edition and have decided that certain costumes are unacceptable for tourney use
Sounds like it to me.
>>
>>285352997
I don't think such outfits should be removed from the games, but it's very sensible of them to soft-ban it during tournaments. Tournaments are the public face of a fighting game, and the focus should be on the action. Let the beach volleyball games be beach volleyball, but when I watch DoA on stream or at a tournament, I want to pay attention to the fighters and not the costumes.

Frankly, I really enjoy the DoA series, but it makes me uncomfortable when I'm playing online and my girlfriend or roommates are watching me, and my opponent is playing in a swimsuit or a leather bondage outfit.
>>
>>285352997
Cut 75% of gameplay mechanics on smash for tournaments and keep the glitches in to focus the game on the competitive side

>Deepest fighter ever.

Cut pandering DLC shit from tournaments to focus the game on the competitive side

>Freedom!!!!!

Hypocrites, go start some shit at EVO for banning stages and items from play.
>>
>>285363935

Depends on the TO.

Most won't give enough of a fuck or have the balls even if they do implement the rule

I've seen tournaments on hold for 30min+ because someone wasn't present for their match and they didn't have the stones to DQ him.
>>
When is anyone going to learn that nobody cares about this shit until someone tries to take it away?
>>
File: 1425104933752.jpg (344KB, 600x705px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425104933752.jpg
344KB, 600x705px
I don't want to check the link, what Ayane costumes are banned. And yes, it would be easier for you to just post a picture.

Are schoolgirls banned?
>>
>>285364270
It's still in the game. You're free to use it wherever you want. It's a soft ban, so you can't even reliably expect it to be banned everywhere. Some people will just say "fuck it" and use sexy costumes anyway.
>>
It's like trying to ban fatalities in MK for being too violent. It's a key part of the series, it's what the developers intended, and it's what most of the players want. Not to mention, banning costumes from tourney play doesn't eliminate them from the game nor lessen the game's reputation in the slightest so long as the developer continues to put the costumes in. If you don't like it, go play/watch another fighting game.
>>
Pretty stupid

Ain't nothing wrong with sexy and the puritans that are so worried over it are weird
Sexualization is fine. People are sexual. That's just straight truth.
>>
>>285364273

So don't play it in front of them

Or play VF instead, faggot.
>>
>>285364273
>I want to pay attention to the fighters and not the costumes
Maybe you should keep your hormones in check if you can't focus on the fighting just because they're in a swimsuit.

The DoA series is about the boobs and the fighting. They're inseparable. You can change the costumes and pretend it's not, but that's just being dishonest.
>>
>>285364273

Because other figters are totally devoid of swimsuits and bondage outfits

Oh wait
>>
>>285364273
hahahahaha are you fucking serious guess what everyone knows DoA for its tits, and all it will do is have people troll the main stage by picking the costumes, cause guess what SOFT BANS MEAN THEY JUST PREFER YOU NOT PICK THEM, and if you get your panties in a knot over sexy costums then stop playing DoA its obviously not a game for you, or if you really like the gameplay beat the idiots in the skimpy outfits
>>
>>285364173
>he's saying games shouldnt be as sexualized so he doesnt feel uncomfortable about them

Quote me.
>>
The west can censor all they want, they won't get the japs to censor anything.
>>
Does it affect the actual game play in any way what so ever?

No?

Then there's zero reason to ban it under tournament rules.

People need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>285364389
>DOA suddenly becomes the banner of free speech
>More people on /v/ buy it just to "fuck over the SJWs"
I can live with this absurd future.
>>
>>285364483
Calm down, Timmy. Also, polygons aren't people.
>>
>>285352997
I don't get why angry SJW feminist post their guns at DoA.
All it is is a bunch of fucking fanservice for losers.
>believing any of these stupid idols you create to have any real traits
No I'm serious no trait.
>>
>>285364443
>It's like trying to ban fatalities in MK for being too violent
There's a soft ban on them because they take too long for tournament organizers.
>>
File: 1389580819189[1].jpg (17KB, 207x253px)
1389580819189[1].jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>285352997
>becasue most people find it off putting
>>
File: fine.jpg (88KB, 660x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fine.jpg
88KB, 660x1280px
>>285352997
I like how this costume isn't considered too revealing for them...
>>
>>285364395
No, her school girl costumes aren't banned ouside of the school swimsuit.
>>
>>285364783
you specifically stated in your post that the games shouldnt have any sexualization in the main games because it makes you uncomfortable
>>
>>285364921
Exactly
So why whine about the costumes?
>>
>>285364820
Can you even censor shit on arcade cabinets?
>>
>>285352997
There was never an issue. Either it appeals to you or it doesn't. If it doesn't, don't play it. Cry all you want about that answer but that has been the golden rule since forever. When developers try to cater to every bodies tastes you get Blizzard or BioWare.
>>
>>285365064
I hope the tournaments are now nothing but that and Ein in that mesh shirt.

>>285365186
Her swimsuit with the shorts is banned too?
>>
File: 4104713.jpg (228KB, 650x923px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4104713.jpg
228KB, 650x923px
>>285365064
MALE POWER FANTASY
>>
>>285364286
>Items

Items tone down the competitive factor and overall hurt the entire experience and game.

Items are fun but turn the game into mario party pretty much. Sure there is skill involved but its still all random shit.

Softbanning costumes dosen't do anything except for make the game more "acceptable" for people who know nothing of the series and help beta males look cooler when walks in on them watching a stream.

If it happens it won't effect anything at all really except make TO's worry about costumes. but the game isn't really appropriate for anyone under 16 anyway so I am not sure why this would even matter.
>>
>>285365016
That's a technical reason, and that's ok.
>>
>Playing games like Bayonetta
>Girlfriend and feminist girl I know like the outfits and strong women
>Some of the guys feel uncomfortable

Me in my bizarre world.
>>
>>285365291
Because they give a low-class reputation to the game and put off some people.
>>
>>285355083
GO AWAY GAMER GIRL
>>
>>285362548

>A costume probably wouldn't drastically affect someone's ability to perform in a tournament.

No, it wouldn't. So why ban any of them?
>>
>>285365248
Never used the words "sexualization", "uncomfortable" and especially "shouldn´t".

You just infer a bunchof stuff when you get defensive, still quote me.

>The games should or should not be this or that way.

This is what you get from my posts, but it´s not what I was saying at all.
>>
>>285365319
Pretty sure all swimsuits period are banned.
>>
>>285359569
go away you cold asshole
>>
>>285365593
>Because they give a low-class reputation to the game and put off some people.
Because they're whining about polygons
Polygons aren't people
>>
>>285365291
Someone's got to stand up for these fictional females!

>>285365593
Sounds like those people shouldn't even be playing videogames to begin with.
>>
>>285365408
Bayo is feminist as fuck. Bayonetta herself looks like a typical feminist.
>>
>>285365016
To be fair, while still dumb, that at least affects gameplay.
>>
>>285365359
Don't forget "false equivalency"

i.e. It's not the same thing because I said so.
>>
>>285365706
you stated that they should keep any and all type of fanservice in spin offs only
then you stated that you dont like playing these games because of the sexiness
so please tell me how im wrong
>>
>>285359569
West Coast Represent!
>>
People get too fixated on the freedom and censorship aspects, it's a harmless soft ban to enocurage gameplay over lewd which is only positive for the image of the game, besides this is mostly about the more extreme stuff like the jewel bikini, PJ and towels.
>>
>>285365384
Yeah it's fine.
And players/TOs are also fine with fatalities happening once in awhile too.
>>
>>285364273

Who gets to choose which outfits are banned and which aren't? What one person finds "too sexy" another may not. Have you seen which ones they want to get rid of? The selections make absolutely no goddamn sense.
>>
>>285365809
>strong, sexy, independant woman who don't need no man
>feminists fucking hate her
My sides
Literally nothing will ever make them happy
>>
File: 1410223328211.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410223328211.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>285365809
On what planet do you live where modern age internet feminists look attractive?
>>
>>285365408
The only thing I find cringeworthy is the dialogue and beehive hair in Bayonetta 1.

The setting and enemy design is pretty great.
>>
>Play DoA5U at a big college-wide LAN.
>Half the room (this is a big ass conference room, we're talking about) is gather around my TV playing and shouting and having a blast while sexy women beat each other up in revealing outfits.
>Several girls are among the crowd and playing with us as well.
How about you kill yourself, OP.
>>
>>285365934
>mostly
Check the list, fuccboi
>>
>>285354291
YOU ARE E-SPORTS.
YOU ARE CANCER.
YOU ARE THE CANCER KILLING THE FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY.
>>
>>285365408
Bayo is actually what girls want, meaning the same thing guys want: a fucking sexy badass.

But a lot of guys who write articles on what is 'sexist' don't realize that, and call the game sexist for women. Because they just assume they speak for all women.

>>285365736
Lame
>>
>>285365934
Don't bother, they're too fucking far gone in their internet crusade
>>
>>285365593.
>Low class reputation
>Being this beta and not standing up for your god given libido
>>
LEVEL UP
UP LEVEL
LEVEL UP
UP LEVEL
>>
>>285352997
>notoriously sexy fighting game that has been around for decades
>I dun like the titties get rid of em!

Are you going to straight up ban Christie because of her huge cleavage too? How about only male characters allowed?
>>
>>285352997
>>285353037
Stop being a faggot Fernando.
>>
>>285365593
I don't think you realize how the makers of this series advertise it.
>>
>>285366056
>Bayonetta
>attractive
>>
I kinda doubt less fan-service stuff in tourneys is going to attract more people to the scene. Anyone that follows fighting games at all will have already heard of DoA and it's reputation, removing the skimpy costumes won't convince anyone.
>>
I want the anti sex crowd to leave video games.
>>
>>285366454
I'M A FIGHTER!
>>
>>285366056
Uh, anon, I have some news for you...
>>
>>285366536
She kicks high.
>>
>>285353674
>jiggling tits covered by dental floss
>Mila's school girl outfit is dental floss
Fucking blow me
>>
File: 1411955825607.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411955825607.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>285366485
say what you want about her proportions but her face is beautiful
if you think otherwise get outta my face
>>
>>285366223
No one's crusading anything. It doesn't make sense to ban costumes because DoA is literally a game that advertises how nicely the breasts bounce. You want it to be taken seriously? Okay, sure, but don't try to put on a false face.
>>
>>285365186

Wait, then why is Mila's schoolgirl costume banned?
>>
>>285366408
It's what they'll want to do next. If this goes through, you can bet they'll start pushing the narrative that Christie's bust promotes a unhealthy body image for girls, and badly needs to be changed in the net game.

They'd get rid of the whole game if they could, but they can't do it all at once. They need to paint the game as something "bad" first, and then when the players push back, they can label them as being bad too. It's just one step at a time until the game has a reputation for being a spousal abuse simulator that caters to woman-haters. Then they can push to get it canned for good.
>>
>>285366794
No fucking clue.

Mila2sexy4tourney, Riot pls nerf
>>
>>285365904
You are wrong

I don´t find the game style sexy at all, nor senran kagura, I am just not part of the audience.

I proposed a what if, I never said games SHOULD be a certain way, I wanted to know what you thought of the scenario becasue it´s something I could live with, if it meant more people would get into the game for something other than fapping.

I never implied games SHOULD change, that´s just stupid, they won´t. Can´t you guys disscus a hypotetical ?
>>
>>285365809
I know, I'm surprised all the progressive bloggers jumped on it.
>Strong female characters
>most men are incompetent/evil/literally the patriarchy
>comfortable with sexuality,
>gives no fucks about following the rules of men/society
>she's one of the most powerful beings in the world
>Jeanne and Bayonetta are bffs who constantly support each other
>aces the Bechdel test
>Bayonetta defeats the patriarchy incarnate
>Designed by a woman who wishes she could be Bayonetta
>Bayonetta's voice actress described Bayonetta as "She is the women all women would love to be and no woman is. Formidable enemy, great and loyal friend. Relaxed witty, admired, sexy, she outwits everyone, except Jeanne and Cereza, who she loves. She has this void inside her that drives her on and spurs her righteousness".

And people jumped on it as misogynist because "the male gaze!" It's insulting to Bayonetta that people criticize her for being too sexy.
The feminist girl I know said it was "a bit too strong on the feminism for me" (I double checked to make sure I heard correctly).

If they don't want more games like this, I don't know what they want. Same game but with Bayonetta in a Burqa, perhaps?
>>
>>285366827
Thankfully Tecmo will always make more money off sexy dlc then they will having anything to do with tournaments.
>>
>>285366995
>Bayonetta in a Burqa
I don't get why people don't get that that would be SEXY AS FUCK!
>>
>>285366952
you are asking the fanbase what they think about a complete aesthetic change
why the fuck do you think people are pissed about it
>>
>>285366952
Have you considered that these games aren't made for a wide audience, but for the niche they are specifically targeting? Sure, more people would play DoA if it were less sexualized, but you know what? That's not what they want to make or who they want to sell to.
>>
>>285367291

>complete aesthetic change

Plenty of sensible costumes are already in the game.
>>
>>285366952
>I am just not part of the audience.
Then fuck off.
>>
>>285367393
but costumes people enjoy should be taken out and put in a game that comes out once every like 5-6 years
if that
>>
>>285367308
>Sure, more people would play DoA if it were less sexualized
The beach volleyball games sold more than the official releases.

The fanservice is a selling point.
More people would not play DoA if it had less sex.
It is very likely it would do worse.
>>
>>285367308
I knew that, I just wanted to see if there were more people who had a diferent view.
>>
File: 1423964682966.png (20KB, 626x551px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423964682966.png
20KB, 626x551px
>>285366995
>"a bit too strong on the feminism for me"
>>
>>285367045
The fact that they're not an american company helps a bit too. Japan literally cannot find a single fuck to give about this sort of political correctness.
>>
>I don't play these games, but let me tell you what they should be like so I could maybe possibly perhaps play them
Every
fucking
time
>>
>DOAX3 with transparency, sweat, soft body and an improved tanning system will never happen
Kill me
>>
File: 1412243244858.png (119KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412243244858.png
119KB, 300x300px
>Ban sexy clothes because it's sexist
>Ban the ones covering up because it's dis-empowerment
>Ban the characters and it's misogynist
There's no way to win and nothing gained in attempting to.
>>
>>285367508
>but costumes people enjoy should be taken out

Should in the real world ?, No.

They would have been removed in my hypotetical, wich also implied (maybe not well enough) that the fanservice games would release more often if not at the same time.

Just wanted to know if ou could live with that.
>>
>>285367585
Of course the people who like fanservice bought the beach volleyball games. My point was more people would pick up DoA if they didn't have to constantly gripe and complain about how creepy and gross it was, and that doesn't matter because that's not what they're aiming for.
>>
>>285367616
>but let me tell you what they should be like

Why are you guys so defensive and just love to put words in peoples mouths ?
>>
NORMIES GET OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>285367824
you are essentially taking out something that catches the eye of a lot of people and on top of that you are basically ignoring the fanbase itself
there is a good chance without all the fanservice and crap there would be way less people playing it
>>
>>285368000
> My point was more people would pick up DoA if they didn't have to constantly gripe and complain about how creepy and gross it was
It seems to be a minority that feels this way.

Dead or Alive just isn't really interesting to most people outside of having fanservice. It's certainly not getting popular for the game mechanics.

It's going to be niche no matter how much skin it shows.
>>
>>285368168
you can actually tell how much of a minority it is since this thread has almost no people saying its a good idea
>>
>>285368154
>there would be way less people playing it

That's the idea.
>>
File: 1425192525761.jpg (49KB, 455x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425192525761.jpg
49KB, 455x224px
>>285366995

>"a bit too strong on the feminism for me"
>>
>>285368271
wat
>>
>>285367585
If DOA5 were actually an improvement in the few broken gameplay aspects of DOA4 rather than retroactively trying to retcon DOA4 by covering much of the same story elements that DOA4 covered and only neglibly improving upon DOA3 mechanics, as well as didn't have the obscene amount of sexual identity it has (which is far greater than any DOA or DOAX game before it), then it would probably be an EVO main stage event and be a damned good fighter, seeing as it had been like 7 years after DOA4 which was enough time tfor the stigma of "doa = perverts" to nearly disintegrate.

Team NINJA fukt up a plethora of divine opportunities laid out for them.
>>
File: 1381887865729.png (500KB, 954x1022px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381887865729.png
500KB, 954x1022px
>>285362026
>>
>>285367393

Because DOA is known and beloved for it's sensible costumes, right.
>>
>>285367824

No, I would hate that. There are plenty of titty games and fighting games out there. I play DOA when I want a titty fighting game.
>>
>>285368000
>Using words like creepy and gross
Dis nigger

>Not a 2D fighter
>Not virtual fighter or tekken
>Not much spooky hype
>Take away the gimmick

Yeah it will sell great.
>>
>>285368000

They wouldn't. People don't like the mechanics. The game sells more on tits than it ever would without them.
>>
>>285368545
Hell, they could have just re-released DOA4 with a few adjusted mechanics and finishes the couple of levels that had been rushed and it would have been an Evo main stage staple. DOA4 was a fuckin great fighting game without too much pervy stuff, and re-releasing that 7 years later after DOA had been out of the spotlight and didn't have any DOAX titles around it would have let people just see DOA for it's rad gameplay instead of worrying about the image.
>>
>>285368373
You remove the one thing that really makes the series stand out from the competition, or else suggest that the community adopt a number of fairly unpopular changes. This will cause some of the people to leave for other games. Once that happens, you go back to step one and do the whole thing again.

You repeat this over and over until the fanbase has shrunk so much that continuing the franchise is not economical.
>>
>>285368942
>>Using words like creepy and gross
Because those are the words they use.
>>
>>285369067
i thought DOA4 had quite a serious few flaws didn't it?
>>
>>285368942

>implying VF sells
>>
They're not even trying any more, literally conspiring to slowly kill DoA off by attacking the tournament scene first. I didn't even know people still played this shit, but its quite clear that their community has nothing to gain by doing this. Anyone that would be turned off by this in the first place wouldn't be playing DoA regardless.
>>
>>285369149
DOA5 already did that by reducing Hold and Throw viability, thereby fucking up the franchise's staple "Triangle System" concept and turning it into a combo heavy generic fighting game.
>>
>>285352997

>OP doesn't even play Dead or Alive

OP is the kind of faggot that makes faggots feel bad for themselves, holy shit. Anyone else would have fallen on the 'trolling all along' ploy by now, but you're clearly invested in this really shit point.
>>
File: 17mxkrh520l0njpg.jpg (20KB, 320x192px)
17mxkrh520l0njpg.jpg
20KB, 320x192px
Meh, Let Team Ninja keep digging their grave. The gaming industry has a graveyard of dead games and franchises that pandered to losers and virgins with muh sexiness, (BMX XXX, Soul Calibur, DOAX, etc.)
>>
>>285352997
If there's one thing a consumer hates more than anything, it's censorship in any form. No matter what form the product may take, consumers are and will always be anti-censorship. From a general point of view, and disregarding that I'm a fightingfag, this was a really dumb idea.
>>
>>285359065
By "fans" they mean those that will buy all the $2 swim sets or buy the $92.00 season pass.
Let's not kid ourselves here it's all about the sales.
>>
>>285369497
How could I be invensted, I don´t play the game as of now.

I got well over 300 replies, and at least 20 were helpful.
>>
>>285359569
jokes on you faggot i live in indiana i'm already ass deep in fluffy white horseshit
>>
>>285369592
>Itagaki and his colleagues left Team NINJA in 2008 to create Valhalla Game Studios as their own self-owned entity because Tecmo were shit with money and refused to pay promised bonuses, resulting in Tecmo being bought out by Koei 2 short months later.
>KoeiTecmo doesn't change the name of the studio even though it's not even the same people working there, just so they can trick the public into thinking it's the same TeamNINJA to sell their new shitty games based on fans of the developer.
>>
>>285369758
>only 20 replies are the ones I wanted so they are the only helpful ones

this whole thread is filled with what you wanted
how people would feel if they just decided to take out DOA costumes for no real reason other then WE WANT MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY IT
Just because people dont agree with you doesnt make their opinions bad you ass hat
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 38


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.