[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so much dialogue? I literally just don't give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: goldensun.jpg (453KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goldensun.jpg
453KB, 1920x1200px
Why is there so much dialogue? I literally just don't give a shit. I put my game at 2000% speed just to get through the beginning and it still takes a while. I just want to play. Anyone feel?
>>
>>285347346
golden sun's story is absolute garbage to take in and you need to read an encyclopedia.
>>
A combination of Japanese games (JRPGs in particular) liking to tell you information you already know, and the story being really paper-thin so they just text-dump you so you don't read any of it and assume the game has a more complex story than it actually is.

Or Golden Sun just kinda sucks.
>>
Golden Sun is a shitty JRPG. Go play a better series.
>>
Why even bother playing? It's an RPG that's plot and character dialogue driven. If all you're interested is the turn-based combat system you might as well just bust out an Excel spreadsheet and play with numbers.
>>
>>285347747
A combination of Japanese games (JRPGs in particular) liking to tell you information you already know
>jrpg hero has just lost his love interest, has a sad look on his face, sad music plays, other characters keep their distance while weeping, lighting a set design produces a melancholie atmophere.
>Background characters: "jrpg hero must be so sad!"
>Jrpg hero: "I'm so sad"
>>
>>285348121
Nostalgia. I remember missing a lot of djinn and skipping a boss area. I want to beat the final boss like cake now that I'm older and I want to see what else I missed. That's all really.
>>
>>285348121
Do it yourself pen and paper RPG's are awesome. There are enough charts online to roll up any kind of encounter you want. Just choose a system you like and set out for adventure.
>>
>>285347346

Golden Sun was the babby's first JRPG (at least for a lot of Nintoddlers and as such received a lot of praise. It's actually pretty shit. The whole script is twice as long as the script for MGS2 and you're reading that dialog 5 words at a time since it's on handheld.
>>
File: zrgR05B.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zrgR05B.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
>>285347346
>playing a gba game in fullscreen
>>
>>285348575

I hate this shit.

> Every emotion is over-dramatized to the point where it's not even relatable to real humans any more
>0 subtlety
>Treat the audience like they're fucking retards (though there's a good chance they actually are)

Why do weebs love this shit so much? JRPGs are the video game equivalent of soap operas.
>>
>>285347346
Currently playing this game too. I don't remember the dialogue being long in the intro but at the part I' m at now, the dialogue as reached it's peak. I feel the same way in that I speed it up and it's still too slow.

What's worse is that I enjoyed the gameplay elements a little earlier on in the game but now it's gotten kind of stale. This combination has made me stop playing for the time being as I don't really have a motivation to keep going.
>>
>>285350261
We were young and didn't know better. Yep I'm 30 minutes in and I already feel like quitting. If only I was still a kid and didn't have better games to play.
>>
>All these people with less than 400 WPM reading speed

Are you even trying?
>>
the dialogue is pretty heavy, but you can scroll through a looooot faster than most other games, so it was never really an issue for me.
>>
You play JRPG's for story. Enjoy it man. Its a fun time
>>
>>285347346
It's definitely a nostalgia game, the ds version proved that the formula they used sucks.

The only interesting things about it were the magic shit going on like reading minds and shit.

I honestly can't think of too many other rpgs on the GBA, there's tales of phantasia if you don't mind the botched translations.
>>
>>285347346
I feel this about Okami, I like the game but as soon as I start getting into it there's a new cutscene with infinite pointless, slowly scrolling dialogue.
>>
I tried playing this but the sound is so fucking bad, who thought putting JRPGs on handhelds was ever a good idea?
>>
>>285350913
>>285350525
For me Golden sun is one of the few games using a classic turn based JRPG battle system. There just are not many of them without some shitty ATB, Tile and what not gimmick
>>
>>285351115
The intro's pretty bad, but at least the rest is mostly skippable.
>>
The game was made to be played in an emulator with autofire.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.