[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Complex in depth gameplay, more so than street fighter/blazblue/guilty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: King-Of-Fighters-XIII-Game-Logo.jpg (29KB, 626x350px) Image search: [Google]
King-Of-Fighters-XIII-Game-Logo.jpg
29KB, 626x350px
>Complex in depth gameplay, more so than street fighter/blazblue/guilty gear/Mortal Kombat/Soul Caliber/Tekken/almost any other fighting game
>Well made artwork and smooth animations
>Good feeling combat, hits have impact
>Pure 2D goodness
>Wide variety of characters to suit everyone
>Good music
>Much less projectile and spamming shit compared to every other fighting game, mostly up close and personal brawling
>3v1 and 1v1 options
>No stupid fucking anime bullshit 40% of the screen covering attacks that happen literally every second from normal moves
>Customization

Why the fuck isn't the King of Fighters series more popular amongst people?

I don't count mexicans as people.
>>
>>285179554
Netcode?
Otherwise, hyped for the next game.
>>
its shit
>>
Zero fundamentals

Jump city and long ass tekken combos

Yeah, its a pretty game, but kof playstyle is shit.
>>
>>285179554
>Good feeling combat, hits have impact
>every hit sends your character back instead of your opponent
>>
Maybe it's the inputs. They are the most complicated directional inputs I've ever seen in fightan. I know they supposed to be done on arcade stick. but goddamn.
>>
>Not Capcom
>Shit tier netplay
>High learning curve
>>
>>285180028
Doesn't that only happen when your up against a wall?

That shit happens in other fighting games as well.
>>
>>285180114
Capcom has far more unwieldly inputs. All of the motions in KoFXIII are easy to do.
>>
>>285180023

I think only XIII has the long combos. The other games tone it down a fair bit.
>>
>>285180023
>long ass tekken combos
Actually, have you seen latest Tekken 7 footage? It seems that shorter combos will be favored, as the damage scalling is really big. These ultra moves, or whatever are they called were used as the combo finisher, but the damage was pathetic.
>>
>>285180114

This >>285180663

The motions themselves in most of the moves are simple. Quarter circle and press a button, semi circle and pretty a different button...

But they are long, and it does take some effort to execute them, so I get where you're coming from.
>>
>>285179931
13 games.
>>
>>285180159
Capcom is dead anyway
A high learning curve is a pretty good reason I guess, same for the netplay.
>>
>>285180023

Forgive me for being a noob, but what do you mean by "Zero fundamentals"?
>>
>>285181469
AFAIK, it's about normal hits, like weak, medium and fierce punch and kick in SF will have different properties, like f.e. when used away from enemy or close to him, which is exclusive for every single fighter.
>>
God damn it SNK don't die on me yet, I need another dream match, gotta have these three bastards back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4tasdvqM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3rOeiiaVhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHVYopDDgg
>>
>>285181661
All of that is in KOF and more. The only idiots that think it's not are the MUH 6 BUTTONS autists and retards with slow brains that actually believe players just superjump at each other randomly like idiots.

That reminds me, it's the different kind of jumps that exist in KOF and not in SF that allow jump approaches instead of becoming a shoryuken simulator. Hop, normal jump, superjump and superhop are the footsies of KOF.
>>
>>285182004
I know hop, jump and super jump, but didn't know superhop exists.

With that said I think during the NESTS era there's also critical attack.
>>
Whatever happened to snk, they used to make so many games and today all they do is kof games and almost none come out. Wtf happens to metal slug and samurai showdown . All the japanese companies are sucking today back in the 90s they ruled
>>
File: roofwork.jpg (54KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
roofwork.jpg
54KB, 600x372px
>I don't count mexicans as people.
>>
File: euphoria.gif (2MB, 383x576px)
euphoria.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>285179554
>I don't count mexicans as people.
>>
>>285179554
>Complex in depth gameplay, more so than street fighter/blazblue/guilty gear/Mortal Kombat/Soul Caliber/Tekken/almost any other fighting game
No
>>
>using spamming and referring to fighting games
well way to discredit yourself
>>
>>285182375
Yes!
>>
>>285179554
>Why the fuck isn't the King of Fighters series more popular amongst people?
Because its casual garbage full of ToD combos
>>
>>285182231
The market is different. People think 2d games are inherently inferior to 3d games and people think capcom fighters are the end all be all.
>>
>>285182231
their life relied on arcades
>>
>>285179554
King of Casuals is a shit game, the only people who play it are people who aren't good enough to play actual fighting games with any real level of depth or complexity to them.
>>
>>285179554
>Why the fuck isn't the King of Fighters series more popular amongst people?

Because all the casuals are playing slow floaty shit like SF or party games like UMvC3
>>
>>285179554
>Opinions
>Opinions
>Opinions
>Opinions
>Opinions

WOW haha did you even try?
>>
>>285182720
You're probably a casual also
>>
File: fighting game tier list.jpg (1MB, 1633x2290px) Image search: [Google]
fighting game tier list.jpg
1MB, 1633x2290px
>>
>>285182973

>Tekken 4, Soulcaliber 3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance/Armageddon/deception/vs DC universe, DBZ budokai 3, samurai showdown.

>All in the shit tier category alongside rise of the robots, sonic fighters, and fucking shaq fu.

lel
>>
>>285181469
>>285181661
>>285182004
>not knowing what fundamentals are
It's the whole basis for playing a fighting game. You have to be able to know what moves of yours will hit where, know how to space those moves and position yourself in favorable spots to get the most out of those moves, and you need to know all your movement options and be able to maximize them, as well as being able to execute every action consistently.
KoF ends up being hop rushdown or safe moves that autofootsies for you like kim/karate.
>>
>>285182763

Literally none of it is opinion. The only thing that could be considered an opinionated thing is the "good music" part, but even that is pretty much agreed upon by everyone.
>>
>>285183683
>literally none of it is opinion
>Good music
>Much less projectile and spamming shit compared to every other fighting game, mostly up close and personal brawling
>No stupid fucking anime bullshit 40% of the screen covering attacks that happen literally every second from normal moves
You sure convinced me with those hot opinions of yours.
>>
>>285183349
Yes, exactly where they should be.
>>
>>285182707
There's like 4 different fucking ways to jump forward in KOF and it has fucking massive inputs. How the fuck is it not more complex than other fighters?
>>
>>285183349
Casual underage shitter who has no idea about fighting games detected.

Go back to reddit.
>>
File: iori epic meme.jpg (91KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
iori epic meme.jpg
91KB, 803x688px
>>285182519
>KoF
>Casual garage

Here, I made this epic meme in your honor.
>>
>>285179554
>because this is not street fighter
>and because this is an american imageboard
>>
File: 1399999105142.png (130KB, 356x332px) Image search: [Google]
1399999105142.png
130KB, 356x332px
>>285179554
Because the FGC consists of casual cucks who think Capcom still makes good games in this day and age, even when there are plenty of other better options.
>>
>>285179554
Moves should be less complicated. It's fun tho.
>>
>>285183940
Like it's been said, there's like 4 different ways to jump forward, which in itself also makes for a more complex game where more mechanics need to be considered. Watching any tournament footage, it's clear to see that the game is very fast paced and there is a lot of stuff going on all the time, more than most fighting games. Though you could totally make an argument for other fighting games being more complex, most people seem to think KOF has a very steep learning curve and is a more complex version of street fighter.

The good music is agreed upon by basically everyone, unless you're a jackass who just claims something is bad because you don't like it, like a child.

Many of the characters don't even have any projectile attacks at all, and in tournaments they are used quite sparingly on characters that do have them.

The game is very tame when it comes to special effects. Most of the attacks are just different variations of punches and kicks, a lot of stuff that humans in real life could do (though maybe not quite as extreme) and while some do have flame effects and what not, they are still quite toned down compared to most anime fighters, with moves that fucking cover everything visible.

It's hardly opinion, but believe what you want.
>>
>>285184361
>Believing games like tekken 4 belong with the ranks of shaq fu

Are you retarded or just autistic?
>>
>>285184796
see
>>285180663
>>285180836
>>
>>285183349
Its this bait or are you just a casual retard?

Either way please leave.
>>
>>285185489
I found it funny that tekken 4 was considered equal to rise of the robots.

Telling me to leave is a nice meme though.
>>
>>285185408
Well, that's just untrue. Suplexes are easier i guess, but from my experience pulling off super specials is fucking ridiculous in KoF whereas in SF it's usually just double qcf, usually.
>>
>>285185776

The most frustrating thing about KOF is the cancels, which for the life of me I can't figure out.

As for super specials, for the characters I use, they honestly don't seem that difficult, but they are quite long. I suppose this depends on what characters you use.
>>
>>285185776
what

which is more complicated, double qcf or forward half circle forward? Or charged diagonal downward perform an N motion ending with upper diagonal vs. quarter circle back to half circle forward?
>>
>>285184796
this is a legit complain. but you can improve over the time too.
>>
>>285184912
Go back to reddit you casual shitter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjSXxyiilQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2mZ99ruFc
>>
>>285186067
What is more complicated, antiairing a jump that lasts about 2 seconds with your super or canceling a double quarter circle back forward super out of a charge down, up special?

KoF's inputs are complicated because of the awkward inputs you have to cancel out of to guarantee decent damage. On reaction supermoves rarely do shit in KoF. Unless they are meant to be used on reaction.
>>
>>285186560
never had troubles canceling into supers, but eh I guess agree to disagree
>>
>>285186539
>E.T for the atari had glitches
>Okami, Devil May Cry 3, Half Life 2, STALKER, and Resident evil 4 have glitches
>Therefore, all those games as just as bad as E.T

That's how retarded you sound. One or 3 exploits used against an idiot AI with a particular character don't instantly devalue a game into utter garbage.
>>
>>285184809
Phrasing anything like an opinion makes it an opinion, moron.
Why don't you go play Binky's Facts and Opinions and get back to me.
>>
>>285184912
>Tekken 4
>Anything but shit
LOL
>>
Yo tekken 4 is my favourite game man why the hate?
>>
File: Girls laughing.png (389KB, 443x397px) Image search: [Google]
Girls laughing.png
389KB, 443x397px
>>285183349
Are you a retard, have you even played a fighting game against another player before or do you just sit at home and play against the AI?
>>
>>285186947
Yes those games are shit.

Also there's a large difference between minor glitches and game breaking glitches that make the game unplayable.

If you are honestly such a retard you cant tell the difference then you should probably kill yourself ASAP.
>>
>>285187373
You sound pretty mad my friend. Lashing out at good games and telling someone to kill themselves over videogames is a literal sign of autism. I wrote about it in my book. It's quite calming. Want to read it? It might help with your rage.
>>
>>285179554
The combos are pretty deadbrain. KOF13 tournaments boil down to people connecting the bread and butter trials combos at almost every connected hit opportunity. Its a nice looking game but it is not tremendously intriguing to watch. Just two dudes taking turns giving each huge combos that are inherently restricted by the moves that can be in those combos.

Imagine playing Tekken but only ever using the "10-hit-combo" strings. Thats KOF13. Not enough dynamics.
>>
File: Dolls_Laughing.gif (469KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
Dolls_Laughing.gif
469KB, 480x228px
>>285187584
>good games
MY
FUCKING
SIDES
>>
>>285187584
>Thinks shit like DBZ and MK DA are good games
>Thinks shit like DMC and RE4 are good games
Holy shit you have shit taste, you must be underage.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.