[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Realistic" looking JRPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: finalfantasyxiii.jpg (136KB, 920x517px) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasyxiii.jpg
136KB, 920x517px
By realistic, I mean similar general style of, say, Final Fantasy VIII, or say Final Fantasy XII. My general point being, I don't like characters that look like they are ripped straight from some anime tv-show, or games that are right out look like anime.

Are there any besides the majority of FF-series?
>>
And please, I would appreciate it if you would refrain yourself from insulting or attacking me. I'm not insulting anyone who enjoys anime, I just know that I do not enjoy it. However, I do enjoy JRPGs that do not look like your typical anime.
>>
>>285178051
Maybe Resonance of Fate from tri-ace ?
>>
>>285178051
Lost Odyssey
>>
>>285178051
I wonder why those are so popular, probabily because recent animu but I don't get appeal of it.
>>
>>285179115

Hey thanks! That looks exactly like the style I'm going for.
>>
>>285179115
DEF this
>>
>>285179213

Thanks, this looks nice aswell, too bad I don't have X360 :/
>>
The Last Remnant
>>
>>285179317
Great. I haven't played the game so no idea if it's good. The battle system seems interesting and tri-ace makes good games (see Star Ocean).
>>
>>285178051
FFXIII looks like shit in this screenshot

I couldn't stomach the game on the PS3, but rebeat it on PC because it was a pretty looking game...just linear as fuck.

I should rebeat XIII-2, so that when Lighting Returns comes out I'll be ready.
>>
>>285179115
>implying RoF isn't totally anime

>Middle-aged mentor dude with pervert habits
>Edgy teen dude with dark past
>Petite chick who also has a dark past
>Except for Vash everyone else has pointy chin flat faces and huge eyes which are typica for anime
>>
>>285178051
what was that game, a jrpg for xbox 360 that had guns and you could upgrade them and all that?
also you would move on a map and collect things on it

I remember it being kinda hard aswell but i was never good at jrpgs anyways
>>
Resonance of Fate is a fucking great JRPG

story is complex as fuck though, I recommend watching all cutscenes then reading a summary after, explains everything
>>
>>285180373
>You HAVE to read a summary for the story to be good.

That's not a really good point anon, but I get what you're saying : story is complex.
>>
itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xFQ9dGfPY
>>
>>285180230
>>285180373
yeah that one
going to have to get the dust off my console
>>
File: 15733_127586.jpg (810KB, 900x1310px) Image search: [Google]
15733_127586.jpg
810KB, 900x1310px
>>285178051
Strange Journey has a pretty mature/realistic look and atmosphere, that and it's the best JRPG out there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CSDPjkMJlw
>>
>>285180493
>this game is great but has a complex story
I'm not marketing, just warning the guy
>>
>>285180802
I know anon, don't worry about it that much
>>
>>285178051
The Last Remnant?
>>
>>285178051
if you're ok with FF you should be fine with Nier.
And you really should play Nier.
>>
OP here, thanks a bunch for everyone who has answered, got lots of interesting games to my list now.

One thing, most of these have been for PS3, are there any for 3DS?(or DS, since 3DS can play those too)
>>
Are there any JRPGs for PS4, at all, yet?
>>
>>285183885
this one >>285180634 is for the DS
>>
>>285184398
Type-0 with the XV demo in about two weeks
>>
>>285185346
Is type-0 really a game you would recommend though.
I remember when it came out for PSP it was considered pretty mediocre
>>
>>285185503
It's an FF game. Some people hate it, and some people love it.

It's not like the topic is filled with seminal JRPGs anyway.
>>
>>285180634
That's the worst and blandest SMT ever made, fucking stop recommending it.
>>
>>285185503
What the fuck are you on, it's fantastic, but if you hate teens you will hate it though.

Mad people because it's not muh turn-based.
>>
shadow hearts 2

actually most FF look like anime, so not sure what you mean. like cel shading you dislike?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.