[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me an RPG I haven't played yet that has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 12.jpg (668KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
668KB, 1280x1024px
Can anyone tell me an RPG I haven't played yet that has the following characteristics. PC is preferable but console games that can be emulated are fine too.

>mainly focused on one character, there could be party members but you create one character of your own and choose to recruit them or not (Fallout style)
>not a fuckton of introductory stuff I have to wait through before starting to play, short opening cut scene or something is fine but no stupid long dialogues with dumb bioware characters (at this point I even consider BG2 to be guilty of this)
>writing is at least decent (doesn't have to be Torment, just please don't recommend DAI)
>generally open world, doesn't ever to be elder scrolls tier but standard JRPGs are out
>world has good atmosphere and hopefully somewhat original
>focus on adventure/role playing, not a hack and slash or roguelike

Hard mode: you're not the chosen one and maybe have a motivation other than saving the world.

In addition to the above mentioned series, I've played the Witcher games, Deus Ex, KOTOR, and Dark Souls, Arcanum, Bloodlines.

I'm really jonesing for this kind of experience again though and I'm hoping there's some hidden gem out there I've missed.

Pic related, sort of the ideal of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>285128258
shadowrun: dragonfall
>>
>>285128258
Alpha Protocol covers most of those except it has a long introduction and it's has a lot of third-person shooting. The plot can branch a lot depending on your choices though.
>>
First Mass Effect
Divinity: Original Sin (though technically it's two characters)
Fallout 1-2 and New Vegas
>>
>>285128840
>>285129117
Thanks bros. Played all of these and didn't mention them in the OP (except fallout). Liked all of them though
>>
File: elmo loses the lottery.jpg (431KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
elmo loses the lottery.jpg
431KB, 500x667px
>>285128703
The first Shadowrun got such middling reactions I never really gave it a serious look. Was this drastically different?
>>
>>285129272
Hey OP, can you tell me the name of the game that's in the picture?
>>
>>285129512
Dragonfall is much better.
>>
>>285129272
Have you done Neverwinter Nights 2 (particularly MotB?) That's another good one.

If you dig South Park, the Stick of Truth is pretty awesome though it's more like playing an extended episode of the show than a "real" RPG experience.

If you're willing to branch out to less traditional RPG games, you should definitely play Deus Ex and DX: Human Revolution. Both have incredibly well constructed worlds and characters if you can get past the fact they're technically FPS games
>>
>>285129608
I'm confused, are you suggesting it's not common knowledge? It's torment. Which I already did mention in the OP.
>>
>>285129608
I think its Dragon age 2.
>>
>>285129512
idk i never played sr: returns
but i liked dragonfall and it fits your op pretty well
>>
>>285130052
>>285129628
OK, this is probably what it's going to be. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
The Gothic series
Risen 1-3 (yes 2, it's "bad by /v/ standards" but so is every other game ever)
The Witcher series
Kingdoms of Amalur (It was fun for awhile)
Two Worlds 2 (It's also pretty fun)

These are all cheap and have given me plenty of hours of fun, OP.
>>
>>285129681
Ah, thanks. No, I did not know that.
>>
>>285130308
Oh, I thought you were questioning my /v/ cred or something, my bad.

Obviously I've been here too long.

If you haven't played it I'd highly recommend downloading it immediately, arguably the best writing there's ever been in an RPG
>>
>>285129512
depends on whether you're referring to the shitty shadowrun shooter.

Shadowrun returns / Dragonfall are really well made and similar.

Less open worldy though
>>
>>285130561
I was mainly asking if dragonfall was better than the first shadowrun returns. The first one didn't really interest me.

How open worldy or not are we talking? I don't need it to be morrowind but I just don't want to play something completely linear if possible. Though if everything else about it is good enough I could probably see past that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.