[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Citizen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 65

File: 2352y26425243.png (456KB, 660x418px) Image search: [Google]
2352y26425243.png
456KB, 660x418px
>$2500 for a single ship
>$15000 for a single 'package'
>people have unironically bought this before the game is even finished
Is this the largest scam in the history of videogames?
>>
Once everyone realizes they've been duped it's going to be incredible
>>
It's just the people of our generation who actually became successful needing to blow their money on something.
What else but video games?

When you're rich you don't give a fuck if it's tangible or not, you throw your disposable cash at what you enjoy.
(Or in SC's case, might enjoy at a later date.)
It's like an investment. There's no guaranteed payoff.

If rich people indiscriminately throwing their money around increases the chances of a good game emerging, why complain?
>>
>>284908306
>>284908212
I see a pattern forming here.
>>
Why would anyone pay for a space game when there's better ones out there that can be played for free?
>>
>>284908609
Like what? Which space sims support multiple crew members in a single ship?
>>
>>284908125
That's if you are an autist.

Smart people shouldn't do more than 100, if not less.
>>
>>284909434
Not him but, Artemis.
It's a bitch getting people to want to play it though
>>
>>284908394
I wish rich people with disposable millions would throw it at something like real space exploration instead of this virtual hogwash.
>>
Can I still make money from SC if I get in now?

I'm willing to jew the fuck out of these people.
>>
File: 1358116598119.png (7KB, 215x285px) Image search: [Google]
1358116598119.png
7KB, 215x285px
>>284909434
>people working together and following orders in a game
>>
>>284908125
I bought the game for like $30 a while back. Seemed like a fair price for an entire single player campaign plus a bunch of multiplayer stuff. I think the base price is $40 now.
>>
>>284908394
That could've been a hospital

Instead it allows the jew to scam even more people
>relax dude its just that people are so rich man XD its just a game
>>
I honestly can't see this ending in any other way but Christ Roberts shooting himself in a concrete bunker as enraged space sim fans claw at the reinforced steel door entrance.
>>
Can't wait for inevitable shitshorm.
>>
File: Fuck this shit.png (325KB, 540x463px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this shit.png
325KB, 540x463px
>>284908125
>>$2500 for a single ship
>>$15000 for a single 'package'
Can someone explain this shit? Can someone give me a valid reason why a fictional ship should cost this much?
>mfw this is allowed
>mfw there are idiots who buy into this.
>>
>>284915413
>Short answer
Dipshits with too much money
>Long answer
In some parts of the US, EU and the Emirates, there are spoiled as fuck kids and people who have no real concept of money because it's such a never ending surplus for them.
>>
>>284915413
It's a package that includes every ship in the game, from single seaters to ships with a 50 or whatever person crew.
>>
>>284915413
because people are dumb enough to pay for this shit. it's just another whale-based business model like f2p mobile, it's just that they also court nostalgic pc gamers for legitimacy
>>
>>284915413
Do you not understand the basic concept of 'whales'?

It's people who are all too willing to get jewed out of ANY amount of money due to hype, who fund the rest of the development of the game through their idiocy.
>>
I don't get how this is going to be balanced, seems like it's going to be another pay to win shit tier mmo.
>>
>>284915567
>every ship in the game

You mean every ship in the game that doesn't yet exist. And doesn't include any ships added after the game comes out.
>>
>>284915567
so instead of a made up spaceship that's worth $0, you get a large collection of made up spaceships whose cumulative value remains $0
>>
>>284915413
80/20 rule
80% of a company's income comes from 20% of the users. This is especially true in games where you're offered purchases outside of the base game, such as in f2p games or games that offer up a variety of DLC. Though I would wager the split ends up more around 90/10 or 95/5 for a lot of this stuff.
>>
File: 1416063180859.gif (760KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
1416063180859.gif
760KB, 259x214px
>>284915727
>>
>>284915567
the homeworld remaster sure has a lot of spaceships in it, and yet it costs $35 and not $15000. how is that possible? i guess gearbox must be taking a loss of $14965 on each copy sold.
>>
>game launches
>get your starting ship after two days of doing menial shit
>some faggot rich kid comes along and blows up your ship right away with his battlecruiser he got at launch just because
>>
>>284915727
Some of the ships exist, some of the game exists.

>>284915762
The ships' worth isn't set at the moment as there's no way to measure how much game time it takes to afford a ship. Once we know that it's a simple matter of measuring how long it takes to grind out enough for each ship, then we have the values.

When you're dropping $15k on a video game, your time is probably worth more than what it takes to obtain all those in-game items. There's also the fact the person might just want to donate out of the kindness of their heart.
>>
>>284916110
You can buy all the ships in Star Citizen for $45, you just have to play the game in order to obtain them.
>>
File: effinmagichowdoesitwork.jpg (85KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
effinmagichowdoesitwork.jpg
85KB, 720x479px
>>284908306
Nope, they'll go in denial and balme naysayers for jinxing it or demoralizing the team.
Buyers' denial is magic.
>>
>>284916313

Man I sure hope they don't make all the good ships take forever to get in order to pacify the faggots who shelled out tons of money
>>
>>284915413
>Can someone explain this shit?

They people who played space games in their youth grew up and have well paying jobs.
>>
>>284916313
so you're saying that it's against their business interest to make the game fun to play
>>
>>284916537
I think there's a difference between having disposable income and deciding to dispose of it all in the stupidest way possible.
>>
>>284913012
We are never leaving this solar system. We will explore more of our universe in VR machines than we ever will physically.
>>
>>284908125

How much is an EVE behemoth-sized ship worth, in real money?
>>
File: entirely reprehensible.png (130KB, 352x379px) Image search: [Google]
entirely reprehensible.png
130KB, 352x379px
>They will still deny that the game is P2W
>>
>>284916512
The thing about the "good" ships is they're multi-crew. They're the kind of ships you're going to need a bunch of people to play properly.

Besides upgrading the size of your ship, there isn't really supposed to be a scale of best to worst. Every ship is supposed to fill a niche, some are better at transport while others dogfighting. Right now the prices are more or less arbitrarily based on how many people you can fit into the ship, so the more expensive ones might not even be the best ones in a dogfight.
>>
>there are people here actively rooting against star citizen

look, it's fine saying you dont like the funding model or think it wont deliver, i think it wont deliver either. but why would you HOPE it doesn't deliver? Imagine if it did. A space game where you can board ships, steal them and then go fight in capital ship combats.

It's literally Molyneux all over again, promising you can do ANYTHING, but why would you not WANT a game where you can do anything to come out?

>>284916727
3-4g for a titan
>>
>>284916559
No, there's still the single player campaign. Players will be able to host their own multiplayer dogfighting servers which will have support for mods and all that shit too.

These expensive ships people are buying are only going to make a difference in the persistent universe, which is just a part of the overall game.
>>
>>284916874
>
It's literally Molyneux all over again, promising you can do ANYTHING, but why would you not WANT a game where you can do anything to come out?

Because realists know that the game won't deliver and has no chance of delivering.

Too many developers promise everything and more and don't even come close to delivering.
Why would this be anything different?
>>
>>284916918
It's by far the biggest part.
Like saying the campaign in call of duty matters even though everyone buys it for the multiplayer.
>>
>>284916874

This site is full of people bitter about everything in their life and it always has been.
>>
>>284917024
sure, be cautious about it. say it probably wont deliver. i get that, it makes sense considering the scope of what they are claiming.

but why would you say "MAN I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO FLOP?" Wouldnt it be a better outcome for it to deliver and for us all to have a great game to play?
>>
>>284917024
Because unlike molyneux games which are underfunded and under the thumb of a publisher to RELEASE NOW, Star Citizen is independent and has a huge wealth of funds?
>>
>>284916874
I hope someday a game will deliver the things Star Citizen promises. I just don't think that game will be Star Citizen.
>>
>>284917039
When you can host your own server and give your friends access to every ship as well as the USS Enterprise you modded in, does the person who spent $15k really matter?
>>
>>284917202
Yes, because your own server is going to have you, that one friend you know who actually bought the game and MAYBE 5 other people who happened to pick your server instead of the persistent universe.
>>
>>284913206
This is what makes hardcore PvP games, that are designed with this in mind, fun as fuck.

Most pubbies (who often form huge zerg swarms) can't into synergy, coordination, or teamwork and get wrecked by a much smaller group with synergy, coordination, and teamwork.
>>
>>284917185
Which is great, caution is good. But actively rooting against it is strange to me. What makes people take the leap from "i think this game will fail" and "i hope this game will fail"
>>
>>284917284
It really depends on how the server browser works. What you describe is more similar to what you would find on a console, not PC.
>>
>>284916874
Because people are fed up of being promised stuff and being let down. That a game has POTENTIAL to achieve great things doesn't mean it's going to be ANY good.

Also how the heck are people (organisations) paying 3-4g for a fucking bunch of bits in a videogame?
>>
>>284914860
What are hospitals good for?
>>
>>284917202
>When you can host a private WOW server with you and your four friends, does the fact that it's primarily an MMO experience really matter?
>>
>>284915413
>m-muh protons neutrons and electrons
You're in wrong neighborhood, normie.
>>
>>284917396
The kind of person with three titans in their rig.
>>
Do you like space mining, /v/.
>>
>>284916716
>we are never leaving the solar system because I don't know how we could and if I don't know something then NO HUMAN EVER WILL
Oh, it's one of YOU people. Humanity's proven you tards wrong many times, and we'll do it again.
>>
>>284917372
>Most pubbies
so grown up
>>
>>284917437
Apples to oranges. Barely functional pirated WoW servers are hardly an apt comparison for dev-supported player-hosted servers with modding capabilities.
>>
>>284917396
>fed up with being let down

so you turn to hoping everything is going to let you down? I dont get that logic.

>how are they paying 3g for a ship?

they arent, they are paying space bux. Just like most will in SC.

>>284917437
difference is modding tools. Look at WC3, more people were playing custom maps than were playing the base game.
>>
>>284917394
Yeah, my scenario would describe a situation where the game would actually have a server browser. If it didn't, it would just be you and that one friend you know who actually bought the game.
And no one else.
>totally relevant you guise
Sure, there's gonna be youtube vids of people showing off their mods, maybe a clan or guild practicing for battles, but we all know this is just the merry-go-round, while the persistent universe is the flashy rollercoaster.
>>
>>284917389
3 word my friend. The Old Republic. That game has effectively made this board a pile of shit. Not that it wasnt before but it was the tipping point.

/v/ was "right" about it bombing even though anyone who has played MMOs for a significant amount of time knew it would. And the delusion from biodrones only fed their assumptions.

>>284917598
Please enlighten us as to how we will leave our solar system within the next 500 years. You just did exactly what you were bitching about.
>>
>>284915803

>80/20 rule

Pretty sure its supply and demand in this case. There is a high demand for sandbox space sims right now. There are few openworld space sims like SC.

There for people will pay top dollar to get into it with the good shit. However Paretos principle could play into effect once the hype has cooled off.
>>
>>284917704
i 100% agree with that, MMO fans do seem to be the worst about this.
>>
>>284916874
it's already impossible for this game to be the imaginary dream game you're proposing because the real game was founded from day one on f2p design and exploitative monetization tactics. those are game design poison and the second they enter the picture the developers are no longer in the business of making entertainment, they are in the business of extracting money from your wallet via elaborate faux-game schemes. the game now *has to* be fundamentally unfun in order to make the business model function as intended. seriously, look up gdc lectures on f2p design, these people have no shame.
>>
>>284917702
I dunno man.

/v/lancer took off pretty well. That was something I never expected.
>>
>>284917848
/v/lancer took off because the official servers died off years ago.
>>
>>284917702
I don't really see how "Star Trek vs Star Wars" servers are going to be all that different from looking up surf maps on CS or TD maps in WC3/BW. If you just want to dogfight, round-based matches is all you need.
>>
I seriously can't wait to see how this game turns out.

I hope for 1 of 2 things
>1 The game is the most amazing game ever
>2 The game gets "canceled" in the biggest vidya scam of all time

>Mediocrity is not acceptable from this game.
>>
>>284917841
>f2p design and exploitative monetization tactics

kek. its not f2p, and on launch ships will no longer be sold for cash. So there are two possible outcomes:

1) Devs make a shitty fucking game and it dies on release while they run off cackling with 80 million dollars

or

2) game releases, devs have to make sure its fun so more people buy it

it doesnt have to be based around selling more ships post launch, because ships wont be sold post launch. as far as i see it, game will either be DOA shit or good as fuck.
>>
>>284917841
>those are game design poison and the second they enter the picture the developers are no longer in the business of making entertainment.

You are so delusional it hurts. Its a fucking industry made to profit and everything else is an afterthought this is how it has always been and always will be as long as currency is a concept.

Nintendo wasnt looking to save the industry in the 80s when they released the NES they saw everything else was shit and they could profit off of it.

This is how every form of media and entertainment is. Video games are not a special snowflake just because its your hobby of choice.
>>
>>284917704
>Please enlighten us as to how we will leave our solar system within the next 500 years.
I can't. Sure, it's beyond your understanding and mine, but it's not beyond humanity's understanding. Your mistake is thinking "well, if we can't do it with the technology we have now, we'll never ever pull it off". That's retarded. You think half the tech we've got today was conceivable half a millenium ago?

>You just did exactly what you were bitching about.
No I didn't.
>>
>>284918037
option 3 is what will happen
>will continue releasing small demos and taking money for ships they'll never actually make
>>
i heard an employee got fired for walking in on the boss mid $100 note bath.
>>
File: re happy merchant.png (16KB, 420x570px) Image search: [Google]
re happy merchant.png
16KB, 420x570px
>mfw a bunch of retards will waste their money on virtual ships while I'll pirate the game
>>
>>284917954
Yeah, there's going to be those kinds of servers, but you're deluding yourself if you think the persistent universe isn't the main attraction.
The original point that someone spending $15K on the game isn't going to matter because you have these custom servers is shit, because the custom servers can't replace the PU.
>>
>>284917154
you're talking about this as if the game were some total mystery and all the opinions itt were all just blind guesses. there is in fact enough evidence to have an educated opinion on the progress of the game.

i for one want it to flop because i don't like to see cynical and two-faced businesses succeed.
>>
>>284918080
that falls under 1, where the devs run off cackling with the money.

>>284918058
nah, f2p is fucking cancer. the only reason i have any hope for star citizen is because the f2p p2w monetization model stops at launch.
>>
When I saw this game wouldn't get anywhere near what is being promised until probably 2030 I sold my package for $150 more than it was worth.

I want this game to be everything they say it will but just look at the feature creep. Plus they're probably making more money from ship presales than they ever would actual sales. They have no incentive to stop kiking.
>>
>>284917965
Pretty much, it's gonna be a fun ride
>>
File: 1396762550637.jpg (54KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1396762550637.jpg
54KB, 320x320px
>>284918114
>pirating a multiplayer-oriented game which costs less than $60
>>
>>284918174
I'm not saying the PU won't be the main attraction; you're saying the player-hosted servers won't mean jack shit whereas I disagree.
>>
>>284918241
It's going to have a singleplayer, dude.
Even if it's just MP, the russians and the chinese know their shit.
>less than 60 dollars
>we need to support the devs guys!
Are you one of those guys who is going to buy those ships for more than one thousand dollars?
>>
>>284918080
Let's look at option 4
>New players don't want to buy it because everyone already playing it has a fleet's worth of ships with lifetime insurance and already players monopolized entire industries with stuff they bought for thousands of dollars before the game was released
>>
>>284918361
yeah man, no one new wants to play COD because everyone else already has the guns, no one new wants to play wow because everyone else is already 60, and no one else wants to play EVE because everyone already has titans

>monopolized industries
shouldnt happen, 90% of the economy is NPC run
>>
>>284918359
There are ships for like $15.

Don't be such a fucking kike.
>>
>>284918359
No, just saying the game is less than full price. Morally I don't care, I just think someone who would bother doing that must be pretty damn cheap.
>>
>>284917389
Because the practice of asking for money for a product that does not exist yet is risky. The fact that investors are not paid dividends is ludicrous.

Now examine SC. An amount of money is asked for. It is paid. More money is asked for in exchange for additional promised goods. It is paid. Additional money is asked for to pay for more features. This is paid.

None of the aforementioned features have been paid for. Promises are still made freely.

This type of behavior destroys business and trust. Promises do not fuel a business, nor should it be an example of a successful model.
>>
>>284918469
You waste your money, I pirate. Simple as that.
>>284918482
I give a shit. Appart from that, 60 dollars isn't 60 dollars for the rest of the world. That's why ruskies pirate game. They want to eat too.
>>
>>284918548
>mad a game in development isnt released yet

i dont get it. Yeah paying for early access is dumb, but that doesnt have anything to do with the "direction the game development is going"

what have they promised and not delivered?
>>
>>284918561
So you're a poorfag kike?
>>
>>284918729
I'm sorry that you are going to waste 60 dollars on a game that will probably be P2W. Why don't play in pirated servers (assuming those slavs will make pirated servers) for a game like that?
>>
>>284918359
>game is completely centered around the multiplayer aspects
>lol i pirate it
More power to you
>>
>>284918548
To be fair, they seem to be making decent progress. Their roadmap is logical when you consider how the different systems depend on each other. The dogfighting is the core game, which is why we have "Arena Commander" to test all the ships and make sure everything's working. Next are the multi-crew ships, the social module, then finally they tie the two together with the persistent universe alpha.

The FPS stuff isn't really all that out there considering Cryengine basically comes with it ready to go already. The other things like aliens and more ships are just more modular aspects of development which don't really impact the core development. While they can't hire more programmers to make the game faster, they can have different teams work on different aspects of the game in tandem while hiring more artists and designers to work on the actual content.
>>
>>284918865
So you are admitting that you are in fact a poorfag kike?
>>
>>284919052
He's desperately clinging to the tiny hope that rus will make private servers so he can also enjoy multiplayer, of course he's a poorfag kike
>>
>>284919052
>y-you're just jealous and poor!
yeah you're not a retard at all
>>
>>284919125
It's a simple question... Are you admitting that you are in fact a poorfag kike?
>>
>>284914860
>>284913012

$15k wouldn't even be a single MRI scanner or a fraction of a single phase of rocket fuel.

All the money Star Citizen has made wouldn't be enough to put a single armed F-18 into the sky, let alone build a space shuttle or hospital.

74 million is next to insignificant in the global economy, but very significant to game projects.
You might as well complain that the funds for every feature film could have gone to AIDS research.
>>
>>284919220
74 mil would have easily paid for a hospital I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make.

74 mil would make a decent sized bridge as well. Or would fund a medium sized city's bus system for a year.
>>
>>284918058
>You are so delusional it hurts. Its a fucking industry made to profit and everything else is an afterthought this is how it has always been and always will be as long as currency is a concept.

you are extremely ignorant about how things are actually made and funded. all businesses exist for profit, and by your baby logic this makes them all equal when in reality they are pursuing a variety of tactics and it's in your interest as a consumer to support some but not others.

what the revenue streams of an entertainment business are determines the quality of the product and the value the consumer receives. if the source of revenue is the consumer directly, quality matters more. if the source is the selling of ads, the product is not made for the consumer, it is made for the advertiser, and it is constructed to be a platform for ads first and quality product second (see also: network vs hbo shows).

similarly, a game sold for $60 dollars and a game fueled by in-game purchases are going to be designed differently. specifically, the latter model profits from replacing entertainment value by tedious grind, incentivizing the grind with fake rewards, and then offering a paid shortcut to the fake reward, essentially manufacturing and selling imaginary valuables. this consistently produces games that are way shittier than their "single, up-front payment" counterparts.

and you, instead of being a thoughtful and selective consumer, would rather spread your buttcheeks for everyone because of your kindergarten brand of cynicism.
>>
At the moment, Pokemon Red/Blue is just above Star Citizen in terms of total development costs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
>>284918191
>because the f2p p2w monetization model stops at launch

there's no way they won't break that promise like 6 months after launch tops
>>
>>284918469
Paying any amount of real money for in-game rewards is unbelievably retarded
>>
>>284919393
One of the core selling points has been that the game isn't going to be P2W. Roberts himself has stressed numerous times how there isn't going to be a "best" ship, instead having them all fill niches. Everything people have paid for will be available in-game through normal play.
>>
>>284919545
Are you, or are you not a poorfag kike?
>>
I don't really get this. My first thought would be that they had this payment model because they were hoping that some very wealthy individuals, or companies would buy their ships in order to support them, with the ship merely being a bonus or token gift, but it seems to be their main approach to selling the game, even to regular consumers.

Why does anyone support these obscenely immoral and greedy practises?
>>
>>284919301
And Schindler's List made 321 million box office. You could as easily blame the Jews for these funds not going towards the betterment of humanity.
Let's not even get into James Cameron films.

The point is this amount is modest for the entertainment industry as a whole, and people are treating it as if some huge sum of money is being squandered selfishly.

I have news for you, amounts of money that make this look like a child's allowance are pissed away every single day.
This is not a significant issue for society.
>>
>>284918956
To be fair, the company has moved their goalposts whenever previous goals were met. To be fair, the company has made more promises than delivering on promises previously made.

No one is doubting that the SC project is ambitious. What is in question is the methods behind their design and implementation. What would have been better, for the quality of the product and the people backing it would be to cut off donations at a certain point (behavior that is expected in kickstarter) and to deliver on the previously made premise of the product. Then once you have actually made good on your promise would you go ahead and ask for more money for additional features.

Instead what you have is a design document with moving field goals depending on money delivered. This does not hold the company to their promises, nor does it engender a healthy relationship between provider and client. What you have is a product overvalued by a clientele who has bought into a dream.
It's an exchange of funds without any exchange of product. There is not even any financial benefit for backers. It's robbery in hopes that the thug who took your money puts out a hot new rap album detailing the struggles of the street.
>>
>>284919678
It should be noted that they tried to stop having stretch goals but a community vote put them back in.
>>
>>284919220
there are kids with terminal diseases around the world that could be saved for less than $15k a kid. you can spend your money however you want but don't tell me the sums involved are insignificant when people routinely die because they can't afford $1k for a lifesaving operation.
>>
File: PBgjErx.jpg (2MB, 10000x4340px) Image search: [Google]
PBgjErx.jpg
2MB, 10000x4340px
>>284919631
>with the ship merely being a bonus or token gift,

That is what it is.

>Donate to the game
>Receive ship plus other rewards as thanks.
>>
>>284917592

no
>>
>>284919809
>there are kids with terminal diseases around the world that could be saved for less than $15k a kid.
There are thousands of kids dying due to malnutrition of a lack of clean water, imagine how many of them could be saved!
>>
>>284919301
Hospitals typically cost 1 million dollars + PER BED.
That's not even including staffing requirements.

>The replacement facility for Long Island (N.Y.) College Hospital could cost as much as $800 million to $1.1 billion in construction costs, and another 50 percent added to that in "soft costs," such as designing and equipping the facility, far higher than the current estimates, Crain's New York Business reported.
>>
>>284919627
if you have to know, i am not jewish and i have decent income. how about you? you should watch out, paying money for imaginary spaceships might soon reduce you to that poorfaggotry you so despise
>>
Sorry if some of this has been answered but I didn't read the thread because it usually is just shit flinging.

Can someone who is up to date with SC explain me how the business model works on release?
Is it a f2p game where one has to buy the ships?
Is it pay2win? In their store I saw one can buy an in-game currency for money - is that cash-shop/customization money or actual in-game money to buy stuff like weapons with?
I also heard it's part ego shooter - is that a smooth transition or more like an instanced mini-game?
And lastly: Is there any reason one should pre-order by buying one of those packages or will it all still be available on release anyways? What's the best cheap package?
>>
>>284919393
Yup, and if/when they do renege on that promise i will give up on the game. But until then it still looks promising.
>>
>>284919795
Buyers do not dictate seller practices. If this were the case, every reseller would sell at below MAP because their buyers favored that behavior. Of course buyers will vote yes for additional features. Of fucking course people who spent money on an item wanted that item to have additional features attached to it. What an absurd idea it is to have donators who know nothing of either game design or the financial situation of the company asked for more.

If this is the reason for such a shitty business practice of developing outside of design documents the people who came up with the idea of a "community vote for more stuff" should be fucking hanged.
>>
>>284920041
You get into the game by buying a shit which all have different sizes and prices.

You can purchase new ships by playing the game and earning the currency to buy them.

I personally would not bother with the game until it is released. There isn't much to do yet.
>>
>>284920041
on release, you pay 60 dollars, you get the game. It's yours forever, you can do whatever you want.

you can buy currency up to a low monthly limit with real money, but nothing else.

>part shooter
we're gonna see the first integration of the shooter by the end of march. the transition is SUPPOSED to be seamless. You can board ships, fight on stations. Stuff like that.

>reason to preorder
if you arent SUPER interested in it id just wait to release. no telling whats gonna happen between now and launch.
>>
>>284920102
They put it to a vote, dude.
Literally
They said that they wanted to stop the stretch goals and allowed backers to vote. And most niggers voted to get them back.

Also the only reason to buy the game right now is because of the inevitable price bump on release. There is not other benefit.
>>
>>284920041
Just need to be buy the game. Ships won't be sold post-launch. They're currently rewards for backing.

You can buy in game credits up to a cap each month.

The game is always in first person perspective.

Not really unless you want the game at a discount. Aurora MR or Mustang Alpha.
>>
>>284919952
>looks up costs for one of the most expensive cities in the world, which doesn't even need more hospitals

how about a hospital somewhere where it would really count, and where prices are not absurdly inflated?
>>
>>284919809
>there are kids with terminal diseases around the world that could be saved for less than $15k a kid. you can spend your money however you want but don't tell me the sums involved are insignificant when people routinely die because they can't afford $1k for a lifesaving operation.
Their lives are less significant than this video game.
Seriously.
Individual human lives have no intrinsic value. Also, the lives of children are actually worth less, not more.
This video game will improve the world more than having a few more random people alive would.
>>
>>284919809
I'm telling you the sums are insignificant.

There are people dieing because they can't afford a $1 meal, or a $50 flu shot, let alone a $1k+ procedure.

If every sum of money is given charitably, overall advancement stagnates.

It's terrible that people suffer, but it's part of life and essentially blaming video games for allowing it to happen is borderline retardation.
>>
>>284920041
>Is it a f2p game where one has to buy the ships?
You buy the game once and that's it. That includes the singleplayer campaign, the multiplayer, and access to the persistent universe. The "starter ship" is like the starter edition weapon/armor you would get in any other game.

>Is it pay2win? In their store I saw one can buy an in-game currency for money - is that cash-shop/customization money or actual in-game money to buy stuff like weapons with?
The idea is to allow people to buy in-game currency as a way to combat gold farmers. People are going to do this regardless, might as well have it going to the game's development rather than Chinese people spamming everyone. Though, there will be some sort of cap on the amount you can buy.

>I also heard it's part ego shooter - is that a smooth transition or more like an instanced mini-game?
Not sure what you mean by ego shooter, but SC is not going to be like EVE. Instead of one single universe, the areas will be instanced with a goal of something like ~100 players per area.

>Is there any reason one should pre-order by buying one of those packages or will it all still be available on release anyways? What's the best cheap package?
You save money. The lowest used to be $30, now it's $40. The responsible thing would be to wait until launch to pay for it as you need to spend slightly more than minimum to get into the alpha/beta testing.
>>
>>284917704
>Please enlighten us as to how we will leave our solar system within the next 500 years.
You think 500 years ago people would believe that today we will have tiny machines that can perform millions of calculations per second and flying machines that can break the sound barrier?
>>
>>284919301
>>284913012
>>284914860

Well you can always do what most of our generation does, and advocate redistribution of wealth, or something.
>>
File: 1310099541308.png (16KB, 763x424px) Image search: [Google]
1310099541308.png
16KB, 763x424px
>>284920148
>by buying a shit which all have different sizes and prices
>>
>>284920246
It's a stupid decision. You do not ask people financially invested into an item if they want said item to be more bigger better than they initially bought it.

Imagine if you bought lemonade from a lemonade stand. You buy it drink it great whatever. Now the 10 year old pushing you that lemon squeezy gets you and a bunch of other previous buyers together and asks, "You niggers, do you want this shit to be even more lemony and squeezy?"

What the fuck do you expect them to answer? Do you expect, "Nah. It's all good right now, nigs. I don't need any more than I got now. I'm happy.

NO. That doesn't fucking happen. Those fucking lemon niggers will go up to you and demand that you give them more lemony they will threaten you for more squeezy. What a fucking farce this vote is. What a fucking joke RSI is and SC is and all the fucking stupid pieces of shit who threw away their money to a motherfucker who hasn't made a game in two decades or a studio who hasn't made a game ever.
>>
File: GIF-Christian-Bale-confused-.gif (411KB, 369x259px) Image search: [Google]
GIF-Christian-Bale-confused-.gif
411KB, 369x259px
>>284919809
>terminal diseases
>could be saved

do you know what terminal means nigga
>>
File: 2da8614efe5a736a2a98753ed1d56a15.jpg (221KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2da8614efe5a736a2a98753ed1d56a15.jpg
221KB, 800x1000px
>>284914860
>>284919301
>>284919809

you are an idiot, of all things you expect me to want to spend money on mexicans?

What did those mexicans do for me? When I die will they throw money at me? NO, fuck other people.

Fuck you and your goodie-two-shoe belief in the world is a fantastic place to help eachother, I'd sooner give money to see people die than give money to help someone.

Go to russia, infact go to africa and go help some niggers if its so important to you to save the world, go try it.
>>
>>284917704
>500 years
Nigga do you know how long 500 years are
Do you know how much we've progressed in 200 years
>>
>tfw no Galactica or Cylon Basestar
>>
File: 1424723944073.jpg (263KB, 652x922px) Image search: [Google]
1424723944073.jpg
263KB, 652x922px
>>284919627
>Defending $1000 ships
I'm not even the guy, but that's idiotic.
There's shilling and then there's this.

>>284919562
>Not P2W
>People are paying a THOUSAND dollars for
ships
>not P2W

>But you can get the ships with in-game money
Then it's going to be a fucking long grindfest that'll make ESO fair in comparison. The ship that cost someone 1000 dollary doos you're not gonna get it any time soon; shit not even in a year of constant play.

If you really believe it won't be P2W with the huge amount of money involved then that's just being delusional.
>>
>>284919809
>spending money on other people
Don't make me laugh anon, let the kids die.
>>
Shutting down their primary revenue stream in order to go dark until release is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Had you actually listened to any of the dates they've dropped it would be pretty obvious to you all that most of the extra stretch goal shit has been pushed back until after the core game is finished.
>>
>>284920416
There's a slight difference.
The nearest solar system is over 4 lightyears away from us...

Our biggest obstacle isn't technology, it's time.
Until we can defy our current understanding of physics, we are going to have some difficulty exploring much further than our own solar system.
>>
>>284920323
>give poor people things
>it alleviates the difficulty of surviving
>this only causes them to have more children
>their inherently shit way of living causes another mountain of problems to build up
>this time it's even bigger because there is more of them
>now it costs more money to "help" them
The best way to end poverty is to end the people it's affecting. That way the cycle is broken. One last generation has to put up with it and future generations are spared. It's better to not exist than to exist like that. I think mass sterilization would be the best method for various reasons.
>>
>>284919562
their entire business model so far is based on people paying for in-game advantage and it has earned them dozens of millions of dollars. you think they're going to do a total 180 from a staggeringly successful tactic because they "promised?" do you think chris roberts will throw away a literal fortune to avoid the impotent anger of some people on forums? this is the man that already shat all over his previous work by personally turning wing commander into an atrocious movie.
>>
>>284920735
Current estimated play time would be something like a week of normal play to earn enough for one of the bigger ships. SC is primarily a dogfighting game with the economy being secondary, it's not supposed to be a grindfest. Even stuff like losing your ship is going to have safety nets like insurance rather than the end-all battles you have in EVE.
>>
>>284920794
except we could already build a ship that cruises at .12c, and could probably get faster with more research into the field and a few 100 years of time. At .12c, a 4 lightyear journey isnt impossible if we were dedicated to expanding.
>>
vapor pay2win ware
>>
File: Wing_Commander_3t.jpg (69KB, 504x268px) Image search: [Google]
Wing_Commander_3t.jpg
69KB, 504x268px
>>284920817
Wing Commander was already a movie, dipshit.

You seem to be stuck on the idea that bigger ship=better. Take a lowly Aurora for example. That's the cheapest ship you can get. It has a cargo bay. The Hornet is slightly more expensive. It doesn't have a cargo bay.

If you wanted to be a space trucker, the less expensive Aurora is more valuable to you than the more expensive Hornet.

This is because the ships fill niches where they're good at some things but bad at others.
>>
>>284908125
i'm going to be happy as fuck when it' will be reveal to be a pile of shit.
>>
>>284920287
>This video game will improve the world more

actually, all this video game offers is escapist entertainment, which is already in adequate supply. it's not like flying fake spaceships teaches you to be a real pilot/engineer/scientist. if anything, the game actively consumes the time and effort of people that could conceivably cause positive change in the world by pursuing real-life goals instead of the imaginary rewards of a computer simulation.

i'll take my chances with $74 million worth of kids that could potentially grow up to be worth something, rather than with 74 million dollars of solipsistic entertainment designed to ease the ennui of a generation whose potential has already been squandered.
>>
>>284921224
To be honest the Aurora is a beginner piece of shit ship that's outclassed by the 300i series.
>>
>>284921421
I'd rather fly an Aurora than the ugly piece of the luxury shit that is the 300 series.
>>
>>284921421
The Aurora CL still has double the cargo capacity of the 300i.
>>
>>284921386
The best escapist entertainment made to date.
>kids grow up playing Star Citizen
>they aren't your worthless 3rd world children
>it makes them dream
>inspires some of them to work on space-related things
>greatness is achieved
>>
>>284921794
A man can dream
>>
>>284917389
>What makes people take the leap from "i think this game will fail" and "i hope this game will fail"

the games business model is cancer.
if the game succeeds, the business model succeeds and that means it might spread even further.
we don't want that. so we hope scam citizen bombs.
>>
>>284908125
eh to each his own.
Ive spent tons of money on LoL and other game female skins cause theyre sexy B) no regrets.
>>
>>284917592
I like space mining.
>>
>>284921961
The business model literally is: pls donate so we can make game
oh we'll give you game stuff as bonus
>>
>>284917182
>What is Godus?
>>
>>284921961
The fact you have presumed the business model is cancer already shows that your prejudices are already betraying your judgment.

Whether or not the business model is a cancer or not should be based on the evidence of its success and failures, wishing the game to fail so that your preconceived notion is proven correct is such a self-serving narcissistic philosophy that I cant even comprehend how a rational human being created it.
>>
>donating money to space CoD with a ship minigame
>>
>>284922175
>wealth of funds
>molyneux says it would have taken him FIVE TIMES what he got from kickstarter to make his game
>he intentionally made the kickstarter extremely low and the funding went nowhere

You can in no way compare that to star citizen.
>>
File: OH GOD MY KNEES.webm (456KB, 1280x720px)
OH GOD MY KNEES.webm
456KB, 1280x720px
>>284922226
Of all the SC buzzword/shitposting, I haven't seen this one in awhile.
>>
>>284921961
>people choosing which games get funded based on what they want
>developer makes a game because he wants to actually play it
vs
>EA's marketing team decides which franchise needs another installment and when to time it with the release schedules of other games and shopping seasons
>huge development studios are completely out of touch

He developed this business model specifically to move away from what currently happens, which is the actual cancer.
>>
>>284922347
That fucking unmoving head is creepy as fuck
when did the character animations change?
post more
>>
>>284916202

4chan will say that it has to be this way because they're neocons these days and rich=right.
>>
At this point there are only two possibilities:

1. The game is blatantly p2w.
2. The ships are worth at best 0.1% of what people are paying for them.

Either outcome will result in massive amounts of butthurt.
>>
>>284922513
Most people are shitting all over it.
>>
>>284922363
>EA is not greedy enough so let's sell virtual ships for hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>284916202
The way I understood it, the 1-seaters have different qualities like better for trading/fighting/mining whatever, and he stronger ships requre multiple people to properly use
So, either he has the same fighter as you do, or he has a crew with him in which case you're doomed either way
>>
File: do de doo.webm (1MB, 482x366px)
do de doo.webm
1MB, 482x366px
>>284922416
It's from the FPS reveal at PAX AUS last year.

Animations are pretty uncanny currently. New ones/body coming with the FPS module.
>>
>>284916714
I don't think you understand what it is like to have enough money to not give a shit and throw it at whatever you want.
>>
STOP PAYING FOR UNFINISHED GAMES
>>
>>284922629
The game isn't about "who has the strongest ship"
It's about immersing yourself in a world that you can only dream of.
You want to trade shit? go ahead
You want to work military? sure
You want to traffic information? nobody is stopping you, except people interesting in that information of course.
>>
>>284922591
>thinking it's about greed
>>
>>284920794
2 things

1) Time dilation
2) The potential existence of either warp or wormhole technology

I used to think like that, scoffing at everyone who said we could surpass the speed of light. I thought having a Physics degree meant I knew better. But I dont. FTL may be impossible, but option 2 i mentionned is not.
>>
>>284922629
Get some friends, anon.

You know how to make friends, right.
>>
>>284922706

You think rich people do that, but it's all calculated.
When a rich man buys a very expensive car, he's not doing it out of retardy, he's doing it because it adds prestige to his image, same with a big ass house or some expensive painting.

When people see you driving around in a luxury car they know you're successful, and whatever you'll say they'll listen, so it's $100k well spent.
So far we only know of arab princes spending that much money on videogames, and they REALLY have too many money to know what to do with them.
>>
>>284922909
>he's doing it because it adds prestige to his image
Or maybe he enjoys driving the car.
>>
>>284922559
There's pretty much a disclaimer at every sale of exactly what 2 says. Doesn't stop people from pouring retarded amounts of money into it though.
>>
>>284922783
Many people fear that they'll just get stomped by people who bought a stronger ship, I tried to explain how that's not really the case as far as my understanding of the gamedesign goes
>>
>>284922909
>So far we only know of arab princes spending that much money on videogames, and they REALLY have too many money to know what to do with them.
Ironically these are the rich types that aren't harmful to the economy
The usual rich type just hoards money, damaging the economy
>>
>>284922783

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Most delusional post in any scam citizen thread ever.

>YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

When the actual game will be like Day Z and just people shooting each other because that's what online players like to do.
>>
>>284922864
Allright, I'll bite, what is it then?
Cause that $15000 package is telling me otherwise.
>>
>>284923013
What, so you can get permakilled by spacecops?
>>
>>284920590
And even knowing that, wed probably still be blown away by the progress made in that time. We tend to underestimate how tech will progress because we use past advancement as our meter stick. But really, its exponential; the more advanced we become the *better* we get at becoming even *more* advanced.

Humanity is getting fucking scary at this point.
>>
>>284922909
I have met people who have spent thousands on mobile games alone with the example you gave of prestige. These are what the accountants call "whales" on paper, not some bored mom who went overboard and spent a hundred dollars too much.
>>
>>284923013
DayZ doesn't have penalties for murdering people
It doesn't even have objectives to work towards.
>>
>>284923126
Soon we'll reach critical mass with super-self improving AIs and human intelligence boosts and whatnot and shit will be glorious or absolutely terrible
>>
>>284913206
you know how i know you've never done proper team based pvp?
>>
>>284922783
I think this is what some posters on /v/ are too stupid to recognize. More so than the difference between fundraising and selling.
People here think the game can be "won".
There is nothing to win, you just exist.
They are visibly upset when someone has something they don't.
It makes me wonder if they get angry when someone is driving a more expensive car than them... if they even have a car.
Do they curse other people because they think they're "winning" at life for having something? It's so petty, and flatly stupid.
>>
>>284920794
We can have all the time in the world once medicine gets advanced enough.
>>
>>284923381
>yfw immortality will open up the way for space travel
>>
>>284923058
Not really.

Your character dies a set amount of times before permanently dieing and all their shit is given to their next of kin. I think it was also mentioned you could retire them as well.
>>
>>284921794

why would you do insanely challenging work irl when a computer simulation is easier and caters to your every whim

star trek fans are not inspired to explore space, they are inspired to dress up like morons and learn a fake language

hyperrealistic space-themed escapism is the final death of real space exploration
>>
>>284923634
It's out of their reach to do any meaningful developments for space.
There is a kind of people out there that wants to explore the unexplored.
>>
>>284923609
It was rhetorical. It's not financially viable or remotely fun to just randomly shoot people for kicks. There's both incarceration and spacecops.
>>
>>284923025
I'm sure people like you are completely out of touch with the project and just attacking something you know very little about.
Basically, after seeing some videos with people who donated $15,000, they did so because they really want to see this game made. They have the money to help and it doesn't bother them.
>>
>>284923634
Are you even aware of how much tech and how many nerdy people Star Trek inspired? It is talked about in documentaries.
Some people, some very smart people, are inspired by things like that.
>>
>>284923814
This is literally the reason for all the packages above $30 save for the merchandise, but it's more fun to complain about the same things over and over instead of actually looking into the thing slightly or discussing mechanics.
>>
>>284908125
This game is going to come out.
And it's gonna be mediocre as fuck.

>2000$ for ingame shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHpSfkVI9D0
>>
>>284923814
>Asked for 400000
>Got 55 million
>Still ask for donations
Yeah, nah
>>
Ripping people off is ironically the most effective way to get a hardcore fan defense force.

These people who invested 2500 dollaroonies will defend this blindly
>>
>>284922104
the business model is selling in-game advantage. calling it a "bonus" for "donations" is just a weak-ass smokescreen when the nature of the transaction is obvious.

>but officer, i just ask these gentlemen for donations and then i have sex with them to show my gratitude. i am not REALLY a prostitute
>>
>>284923814
>I'm sure people like you are completely out of touch with the project
Bitch nigga this project has gotten more money in 2 years than most top MMOs.
AND IT'S STILL IN MOTHERFUCKING ALPHA.
>>
>>284923959
That was only the kickstarter part. They needed around 40 mil, half was going to be raised by crowdfunding, the rest by investors. Then it blew past 40 at some point and they ditched investors. Now they're just expanding the scope and hoping to put 100m into the game once it releases.
>>
>/v/ paying for games
Just pirate it
>>
>>284924061
>more money=quicker development time, if you throw enough money on it it's finished the next day
That's not how it works anon
>>
>>284922269
>You can in no way compare that to star citizen.

other than a washed up game developer cynically using nostalgia for his past works to obtain funding for an IAP scam
>>
File: you should have known better.jpg (15KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
you should have known better.jpg
15KB, 620x350px
>>284924062
>and they ditched investors.
And that's why they're going to fail.
>>
>>284923959
>ask
This is not Dimmy Wawes popping up begging for money.
The OPTION is there. Why would they just refuse donations?
>>
File: 1414337210352.gif (87KB, 209x172px) Image search: [Google]
1414337210352.gif
87KB, 209x172px
>>284923814
You know, yeah I do see that package as a thanks to them
but, why the $2000 dollar ships for sale?
>>
>>284924150
That's exactly how it works retard I work for Ubisoft I should know. We rush all of our games when we smell money.
More money = more subcontractors.

If they were gonna finish this shit it was gonna be finished by now. Live with it.
>>
>>284924186
Anon, I understand you're not very fast on the uptake but everything past the base package is just backing development if you wish to do so.
>>
>>284922559
and the only response they can have to the initial butthurt is to move in the opposite direction and be forever caught in a ping-pong game of asspain
>>
>>284924295
>If they were gonna finish this shit it was gonna be finished by now. Live with it.
I'm glad not every company has Ubisofts piece of shit standards
>>
>>284924313
but you do receive significant in-game rewards, don't you? then it's not a donation, it's a thinly veiled purchase. you can't just make a purchase into a donation with a stupid disclaimer.
>>
Well actually -
>200 replies
Nevermind
>>
The worst part is that some of these retards hating the game will get to enjoy it too. They should be required to abstain from ever playing it in order to post such nonsense.
>>
somebody got a coupon code for Star Citizen? I think iam bying in.
>>
File: wake me up inside.png (24KB, 131x110px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.png
24KB, 131x110px
star citizen pls don't be shit I miss space games
>>
>>284922191
>>284922363
>b-but EA is cancer too!

how does that in ANY way excuse or make better the disgusting pay2win model of scam citizen?

to me, any design that gives in-game advantages to people willing to pay extra money is fucking cancer.
scam citizen does exactly this, all while portraying itself as the messiah of gaming that will bring back the glory days of old space sims.

this is cancerous. that's all there is to say.
this is not about crowdfunding. crowdfunding can be very good, when it's done as it was done for FTL or divinity.
this is about fucking P2W garbage, and to everyone who supports it: you are the cancer-
>>
File: Scam citizen.png (1MB, 1341x569px) Image search: [Google]
Scam citizen.png
1MB, 1341x569px
>>284924313
>backing development
>>
File: 1407643374098.jpg (32KB, 605x146px) Image search: [Google]
1407643374098.jpg
32KB, 605x146px
>>284924558
dont hope too hard
>>
>>284924481
You get a head start, but it's next to pointless because rule number one has always been to never fly something you can't afford to lose. Simply jumping into a giant ship from scratch is going to ruin you if you know nothing about the upkeep costs and crewing. Let alone figuring out how to make money.

I have a head start myself with a multicrew ship but don't intend to fly it until I reach it in the natural progression of the game.
>>
>>284924558N
No, you don't you fucking shill, there's been at least 5 space sims out in the last 12 months.

You're the typical Star Shitizen fan.
>>
>>284908125
I only spent $40, no ragrats
>>284924558
Elite Dangerous is pretty okay
>>
File: 1392835612657.gif (3MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1392835612657.gif
3MB, 384x216px
Real nice golden idol you got there.

Be a shame if it got nibbled.
>>
>>284924678
I don't get it.
>>
>>284924715
Like?
>>
>>284924695
What exactly happens if you lose a ship? I assume these people aren't paying for something that could be permanently destroyed.
>>
>>284924715

but anon I don't even remember it exists until /v/ reminds me about it and then I remember how much I loved games like freespace and that I haven't found one I liked in years.
>>
>>284915413
Basically what happened was:
>guy with history in space sims unveils he's doing a new space sim, makes a kickstarter for 10 million to accompany his 20 million in private investors
>people go apeshit because the genre is so starved
>kickstarter skyrockets, gets millions every month
>people start coming to him wanting to pledge even larger amounts
>says "sure fuck it" and releases completionist package which includes every ship as well as releasing the mainstay of it, a frigate that costs 2500.
>people eat that shit up because autists woth money happen to be autistic
>pretty much funds the game for everyone else
I mean its 15000 dollars fpr votual shit. Do you really think that is a worthy price for shit in a videogame? I mean 5 dollars for a better gun maybe, but 2500 for a ship you can still earn ingame? Thats a big profit loss for the buyer. Instead of grtting butthurt, you should be butthurt that someone wasted 2500 dollars on a spaceship.
>>
File: 1415313020486.jpg (603KB, 1920x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1415313020486.jpg
603KB, 1920x1213px
>>284924872
>What exactly happens if you lose a ship?

You lose it permanently unless you buy insurance. Then you have to wait for it to be replaced.
>>
>>284924517
Sorry it costs at least $2000 to play according to /v/.
>>
>>284923295

People have goals anywhere. If someone's goal in the game is to collect ships then some guy who spent $15k has already won and is better at the game than him from his perspective. For him it'd be a pay2win game. Aside from that, there'd be a substantial in-game monetary gain as well. So if your goal is to get rich, then you're also already behind.
>>
>>284922783
man you're going to be real disappointed when it turns out to just be a regular videogame as opposed to your holodeck fantasy

i mean it's just supposed to be like x3 + shooting + multiplayer, right? am i missing something? where's this revolutionary dream world of infinite possibility?
>>
>>284924752
I should have added:
>Removing this after release
>>
>>284922783
>It's about immersing yourself in a world that you can only dream of.

And then the swarms of gankers come and rape you in the shitter and you have Eve online all over again.
>>
>>284924872
They have LTI (assuming they bought it a while ago) which means they have Lifetime Insurance. Insurance can also be bought ingame, but its a small fee. Its sort of like irl insurance, except you get a brand new hull when yours is destroyed (wait time depending on reputation, type of ship, manufactoring rate) however it has no upgrades or weapons you may have had on your old ship, which have been stated to easily be more expensive than the ship.
>>
>>284924872
If you buy a package now, you tend to (if not always) get free "Lifetime Insurance"; the ship and all its stock components can be replaced free of charge if they get destroyed, any aftermarket parts you install (eg. a bigger gun) is up to you to replace, but I'll hazard a guess and say there may well be some sort of insurance service you can get with in-game money for ships and parts you grind out, else we'd need to stockpile parts constantly.
>>
I can't wait for all these plebs with their $2500 flying solo and getting swarmed by one-man fighters, losing their expensive ship forever.

I will sip from their tears as if it's the finest wine.
>>
>>284924982
>Kickstarter backers will enjoy all the same rewards (lower cost tiers and add-ons, unlimited insurance)

Not if you're a kickstarter, apparently.
>>
>>284925193
>If you buy a package now, you tend to (if not always) get free "Lifetime Insurance
It's not possible to get it now, except if you buy a ship from someone else that already has it.
>>
>>284925153
Small ships should have easy getaway methods, like FTL travel with short charge or something. The bigger/heavier/more expensive the ship, the longer it takes it to boot up
That way you can't easily get gangraped with your shittyass 1p ship, while you can assault bigger ships rather easily
>>
As long as the game is as look as it promises (I doubt it, but let's hope so), I don't see how it is a scam.
They just know there are retards who would waste so much money on a video game, why not make a profit off of it?
>>
>>284925023
Well its focus is immersion, and I mean heavy focus. Also a lot of people think people are just blindly throwing their money into this, when development is extremely transparent.
>>
>>284925268
A lot of the concept sales have it though
>>
>>284925246
Unlimited insurance just means it doesnt run out or require a fee. It still acts the same as normal insurance.
>>
>>284925306
>Well its focus is immersion

i'm pretty sure the level of immersion i can get by playing something like x3 can only be lowered by the addition of mmo crap
>>
>>284924998
Usually the pursuit of the goal is the part that is truly enjoyable. The guy who bought his goal has skipped over that. It's one of the reasons rich people can be depressed.
>>
>>284908125

I'm in for about $1500. Not quite 15k but certainly more than the game is going to be worth.

My motivation for donating that much was more or less just to support the vision nothing much beyond that. To be honest there was a moment where I contemplated just going in for 30 dollars to throw my hat in the ring so to speak then just sitting back and waiting.

Going in for a larger amount gives me something 30 dollars can't though: it gives me a horse in the race so to speak. I cheer and lament various things in the game with a vested interest so it's a bit of a rollercoaster for me.

Before people throw their arms up we should all consider that 1500 or 15k or whatever isn't a ton of money for some people. I'll earn that in two days of sitting on my ass. And I don't say that to brag, I know perfectly well I'm a lucky faggot and I'm not a harder worker or in any meaningful way smarter than most people. But the truth is if I didn't spend it on SC I would have probably wasted it on something else equally useless like any of you faggots would do with that extra 80 bucks you have at the end of the week.

Anyway, all of you fuckers need to relax and enjoy this ride.
>>
File: RSI Orion 60fps.webm (2MB, 1280x640px)
RSI Orion 60fps.webm
2MB, 1280x640px
>>284925769
Did you get one of these?
>>
>>284925540
Well you're wrong, trust me. If you want I can link you some videos but you seem pretty deadset on being an ignorant fucktard so that would be pointless
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 256x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 256x379px
>>284909434
Don't forget to craft some repair kits before we jump to Kessel.
>>
This could be made this way.

Back the game X amount, Not receive the game.

After released, to every game they sell, they give people money back.
>>
>>284925546
Its probably why Robin Williams killed himself, no joke.
>>
>>284926149
the point is that if the game is shitty, you will receive your money back and break even.
>>
File: s.png (199KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
199KB, 499x499px
>>284917598

The limit is the speed of light, humans will never get farther than maybe proxima centauri, deal with it.
>>
B-But wormholes
>>
>>284926241
>but muh alcubbiere drive
>>
File: 1416539042743.png (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1416539042743.png
214KB, 640x480px
>>284917592
>not sure weather to melt my reclaimer for an orion or not

HELP
>>
>>284926149
>also known as investment
>>
>>284926241

Fuck you.

I will be the first man to fuck an alien creature.

I don't care how old I'll be or if I'll die from space AIDS afterwards.

I will fuck an alien.
>>
>>284925982

No. I went splits on an Idris with a friend, grabbed a package with the conny. Then picked up a Starfarer, 350r and a ghost. I'm done though. They can put whatever kind of fancy 'sale' on they want at this point I'm in as deep as I'm going to get.
>>
>>284926241
Explain how quantum entanglement works.
There is a whole medium/plane/whatever out there we don't even know how it works.
And you're gonna tell me the speed of light is the limit?
Until we know EVERYTHING there is no limit.
>>
>>284926241
Humans born on earth.

If we do ever populate the galaxy in a fixed c universe, it would be through machines and human seed ships.
>>
>>284922909
see >>284925769
>>
>>284926602
>different settlements start firing nukes at each other because their color looked gay
>>
>>284926596
Interstellar was right about one thing.

Once you know the general theory of relatively you also know that the speed of light CANNOT be broken, otherwise time travel becomes an actual possibility. And if time travel really can happen a lot of fucked up things would happen before space colonization that's for sure.
>>
>>284926647
>settlements even being aware of one another when they have to wait 100 years to receive a message from them
>every settlement thinks the other one is living with 100 year old outdated tech and are a bunch of cultural barbarians
>>
>>284926596
you've just replaced god of the gaps with science of the gaps

>you can't PROVE my absurd fantasy won't come true one day!
>>
>>284926496

What if the alien has a predator-like vagina and consumes the entirety of your genitals, ripping out your organs meant for procreation, gobbling them up in her monstrous barbed vaginal tunnel?
>>
>>284925982
a mining ship has absolutely no deal with looking so cool
>>
>>284926689
The same jew that thought quantum physics was bogus came up with the speed of light.

>>284926756
It's how progress is made.
>>
Back in the day, when a ship was worth $7,000, it was because that was the sum total of the equipment and materials that went into it leveraged against current ingame-to-USD exchange rates. This is just fucking dumb. At least Titans were actually worth that much.
>>
>>284918469
I can't believe it's gotten this bad.
I blame Bethesda and horse armour for setting the bar this low.
>>
File: 1415645831257.jpg (25KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
1415645831257.jpg
25KB, 160x213px
>mfw the devs could take all your money, stop development, release the game as is and you couldn't do shit
>>
>>284909434
Not really a space sim but Angels Fall First.
>>
>>284927054
Their whole dev team would be permanently told to fuck off from any kind of industry
>>
>>284927054

Would you, though? I'd just keep "developing" and make a new ship every 5 months. Then sell that ship for $2500 and make a million or two more. Chumps will fund that shit for years to come.
>>
File: 1378112988870.jpg (556KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1378112988870.jpg
556KB, 1280x1707px
>>284927054
aaand they won't.
My face when.
>>
>>284927139
They'd still have 55 million of YOUR dough.
Alternatively, they could do as
>>284927161
said, and you suckers would lap it up.
>>
>>284927139
They have more than enough money to not give a shit
>>
>>284926806
>It's how progress is made.

yeah like when newton abandoned science to look for the secret of immortality encoded in the bible. pursuing absurd fantasies because YOU CAN'T PROVE IT'S NOT REAL sure helped everyone a lot.
>>
File: 1394294966155.gif (676KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1394294966155.gif
676KB, 175x200px
>>284922683
I'm honestly going to be pretty disappointed in most body animations that aren't as fluid as Ground Zeroes'

Sort like how Whiplash and Before Sunset ruined pretty much every other movie for me.
>>
Seems like Elite did it the right way, finish the core game first and add stuff later.

Star Citizen seem to be attempting to do everything at once and having zero focus on actually completing the game.
>>
>>284927139
so molyneux and everyone he ever hired are blacklisted from the industry? i don't think so
>>
>>284927225
Yeah, maybe they won't. They still took over half a hundred million to make a glorified model viewer and a buggy version of Elite.
>>
>>284927139
75 million dollars split 200 ways is about $400,000 anon. Not that that makes any sense at ALL.

Fuck just imagining the manhours you can pay for with 75 million dollars boggles my fucking mind.

You could fund FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE FOR THREE YEARS at 50k a year. Even paying their 250 employees $100k/yr, ALL OF THEM, they could continue development for three years straight.

Like holy shit when you crunch the numbers that is when you start to wonder how the fuck could this game fail.
>>
>>284927362

He kind of is though. He had to make his own company and hired some shitters to make shitty phone games. The people he's hiring aren't blacklisted. A job is a job after all. Molyneux, however, is widely known as a liar and a joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 1440x900px
>>284922513
Because liberal video gamers are more often than not SJWs
>>
>>284927483
Give all that cash to Tim Schafer.
>>
>>284927607
>implying

"Conservative videogamers are more often than not bigoted racist Nazis!"
>>
>>284927483
No the real insanity is that they aren't even paying for their marketing at all with those funds. They have a subscriber fund and literally any marketing event and marketing employees are payed directly from their subscribers. Which really is quite ridiculous.
>>
>>284927483

Destiny had a $500 million budget. SWTOR had $200 million.
>>
>>284927607

source: my ass
>>
>>284927720
>Destiny had a $500 million budget.

For the entire ten year series.
TOR is an MMO.
>>
>>284927720
Destiny has a 500 million dollar budget, incrementally paid out over the next 10 years. The game that was released known as 'destiny' had nothing near that.

Also yes SWTOR is actually impressive at what they managed to accomplish by failing that hard. And its all because they had to shill out the ass for spoken dialogue instead of good gameplay.
>>
>>284927812

So is Star Citizen?
>>
>>284926596

Quantum entanglement transmits information, not mass. More importantly, it requires actually manually placing both particles first. Eventually it will allow for real time communication between mars and earth, but that's it
>>
>>284927139
>implying they wouldn't get their dicks rubbed by every marketing department ever
>>
>>284916874

>why would you HOPE it doesn't deliver? Imagine if it did.
>first game ever to involve macrotransactions
>$2500 for a fucking virtual item that has no worth outside of the game

there isn't a single positive thing about this game. fuck off.
>>
>>284927483
>Like holy shit when you crunch the numbers that is when you start to wonder how the fuck could this game fail.

don't be silly, plenty of high budget projects fail. plus, $75 million would have been a high budget for a game 10 years ago, now it's at best average for aaa.
>>
>>284927848
I will never understand why anyone would give a flying fuck about elaborate voiceovers, or voiceovers by rl stars, or mocap or whatever
I just read the subtitles and skip it anyways, and they spend the biggest part of their budgets on that bullshit
>>
>>284927961
TOR didn't charge 15000 for lightsabers.
>>
>scam citizens makes $50k a day selling ships and access to the game
>when the game 'releases' they wont sell ships anymore

Are the devs going to make more or less money when the game goes live?

If it doesnt make more, why the fuck would it ever come out?
>>
>>284928650

Because, like the rest of EA's projects, hype and advertisement are higher priority than the actual game. And you can put VA in a trailer
>>
>>284928643
75 million is a high budget triple aaa game, which INCLUDES the cost of marketing, which isn't used for marketing here.

Games like GTA IV and GTA V put 100 and 137 million into development, most other games don't even come close to this. And I could definitely see it having raised 100 million by the time it is completed.
>>
File: 1290496784718.jpg (54KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
1290496784718.jpg
54KB, 499x314px
>>284919562

>One of the core selling points has been that the game isn't going to be P2W.

sure haven't heard that one before!
>>
>>284928769
they're going to go back to selling fake spaceships three months after release and justify it with "server costs"
>>
>>284926359
>also known as investment

Actually not, you just get back, the EXACT amount you paid.
The point is just that, you cant know if the game is shitty one or not while backing, since you dont know how the game it.
With that method, if the game is shitty you get your money back, and if the game is not shitty you buy the game without spending extra money to do it (unless you backed less than the game cost)
>>
the bigger they are

the harder they fall
>>
>>284919562
fuck, i havent heard THAT since 1991

no, no wait, i did. every year since 91
>>
File: spooky.gif (2MB, 419x416px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
2MB, 419x416px
Let's say star citizen will be the most amazing game ever.

Now why would you ever want to start out with the ships you want the most? Isn't the fun of games like this building yourself up from the shitty vehicle?
>>
>>284919562
wait, this is like some DCS series, where you have to buy planes?
>>
>>284929898
because your an asshole. thats right, the biggest, main powers from DAY ZERO

rich assholes, who dictate everything because, well, they had the most money

enjoy
>>
>>284929962
before they are released? can you clarify?

i mean, as far as i can tell, in every other game, even in p2win shit, it exists, right? like, if i spend a few grand in cs go, i get the stuff i paid for, right?
>>
Anyone wanna buy my Scythe for $3000 btw?
>>
>>284929989
I'm gonna be thinking about that while I'm plundering some rich fags hugeass 10+ person ship he's flying alone
>>
>>284915413
Holy shit do not google reverse image search this image.
>>
>>284919220
actually i am sure 74 M is a good share for a planetary exploration rocket.
>>
>>284930153
wow! what a great game! im glad im paying nothing, to be bossed around by you!'

oh wait im paying nothing
and im not playing

oh. sorry.
>>
>>284919220
are you implying that all the funding for movies couldnt of gone to aids research? are you really going to imply that theres money, stamped with "movie" that cant be spent on anything else?
>>
>>284930272
Do you have a point or is this just some autists rambling I got sucked into
>>
Is this the ultimate p2w game?
When it launches people who invested thousands would have a gigantic advantage, new players would be fucked off the bat.
>>
>>284930409
no, your right, this entire conversation is autistic people, sorry. ill let you get back to it.
>>
>>284930418
Isn't the first phase planned to be more focused on cooperation rather than PvP ?
>>
>>284930073
>before they are released? can you clarify?
dcs series, is a mega ultra realistic flying combat series, each game come with just one plane or heli (or in some case 2 ultra similar planes) to be able to be played with, they can be merged and played together.

I am asking if this game will follow the same model.

At least dcs has a reason to be this way, the game tried to be mega ultra realistic, in some cases they are even more realistic than the army simulators because with army after amount of time you train with real planes, and doing stuff with this amount of detail cost time and money.
>>
>>284930491
That makes no sense,
>>
>>284919220
oh hey look, its an entire website selling mri machines for less then 15 grand
http://www.amberusa.com/used_mri.asp

oh well. whatever.

>>284930523
i heard the entire first stage was supposed to be rainbows and dreams!
>>
>>284930523
Cooperation against what though?
>>
>>284930590
of course, your pretty autistic, i didnt expect autistic people to follow or understand regular converstions that follow the rules and procedures, of, well, the entire world. its okay, your autistic. there literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>284908125
>scam

They know they're getting imaginary ships for their money. There's no scam, there's just people wasting their dough.
>>
>>284930601
That's not the first stage, it's the entire game.

>>284930625
Ayys.
>>
>>284930697
>theres even LESS content. this IS the entire game

i, what
>>
>>284930669
You don't even realize how much of a fool you're making out of yourself
Good thing you're anonymous
>>
>>284919301
Yet YOU sit here on 4chan complaining about it to a bunch of neckbeards and teenagers.
>>
>>284908125
That's an ugly ass ship.
>>
File: Cyanide and unhappiness.jpg (127KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
Cyanide and unhappiness.jpg
127KB, 504x470px
There are people who pay $15000 for promises that they will get some imaginary stuff later.

I co-habit this planet with these people.
>>
>>284931164
That's what some people earn in an hour while getting their dicks sucked by supermodels
>>
File: AHxJn6W.jpg (90KB, 288x368px) Image search: [Google]
AHxJn6W.jpg
90KB, 288x368px
>tfw European e-commerce laws require a seller to refund a product on customer's request, in 14 days of the product's DELIVERY and provided it's not a service or one-use product.

Being master-race is so nice.
>>
Even if this game turned out the be the greatest game ever, it wouldn't justify the obscene amount of money that so many dumbfucks have thrown at it. It would not justify paying over 100 autismbux on anything in it.
>>
>>284928160
But how does it work?
I've been told by someone big in the field in a presentation that they have no clue HOW it works, just know that it works and how to make it work, kind of.
They have no idea how the states are transmitted. Which suggests a new medium of information transfer.
And the limit on the speed of light is on information, which includes mass.
>>
>>284931759
I wonder how much of the game was funded with taxpayers money via autismbux.
>>
>>284929040
>>284928769
You can buy in-game money with real money when the game comes out, with a monthly cap.
This effectively makes it a Wow-style model.
>>
>>284931759
Since much shitter games have received much more funding, it would kind of be justified if it were the best game ever
>>
>>284908125
>scam
>no one is lying or being mislead
>literally rich people who want things getting what they want

How butthurt do you have to be to convince yourself that the only way people are handing over this money is by some sort of mistake or misunderstanding.

You just don't have money so it's hard to understand
>>
>>284931668
Except they aren't purchasing anything, they are donating money and receiving bonuses as a thanks.
If somebody in Yurop donates to charity do they get to take their money back if they are unhappy with the results?
>>
>>284931009
>look at this guy, pointing out how easy it is to follow conversations
>hes so autistic

welcome to neo v
>>
>>284932263
>Except they aren't purchasing anything, they are donating money and receiving bonuses as a thanks.
>implying that will hold in court
>>
>>284932336
Just stop
>>
>>284931668
>the cost of being "free"
>ergo, not being liable for cotracts you agree to
>is being european

yeah, ill pass, thanks. i know this sounds weird, but if i agree to a set of terms and conditions, i...well, being a not euro, agree to do what i said.

now, if your wondering why no one does business with people who dont follow contracts, well, ill let you figure that one out
>>
>>284932481
do you actually have a legit argument outside of blocking your ears? just curious. i mean, apparently, what im doing is so blantently wrong you cant...actually.....say what. im just, defying the laws of physics or something here?
>>
>>284932570
wait, sorry, if i was defying the laws of physics, someone would likely prove me wrong in like, 5 seconds flat. bad comparison, sorry.
>>
>>284932570
Just stop
>>
>>284932409
So that happens then? People who donate money can just take it back?
I guess that would be a good way to troll people: give them money and when they inevitably spend it on things that become devalued just ask your good old Yuropiin kourt for it back because you weren't satisfied, then when they can't pay they get thrown in jail.
>>
>>284932250
Nothing would justify what has been spent and how much people have been scammed. Even if it is perfect, this is still a scam.
>>
>>284932689
yeah, nothing. as expected. theres one asshole, who puts fourth a point ( one thats easily disputed, but he cant ).

then theres this asshole, with the just stop.

who you gonna call, ghost busters?
>>
>>284908125
what do you even care you gigantic faggot? every single day we have this same exact thread. just because your to poor to partake in cool and upcoming things doesn't mean everyone is.

>if i cant afford it makes no sense that anyone else should enjoy spending their money however the fuck they want
^
thats you faggot

sage
>>
>>284932802
Just stop
>>
>>284932773
This is more like a regular sale though. You give money and receive the game plus whatever ship/package you bought
>>
>>284932853
oh yeah. man with all the spare time in the world vs man with all the spare time in the world.

wait for it. hes gonna just pretend to be retarded
>>
>>284923634
>Star trek not inspiring people to do space work

nigga do you EVEN KNOW how many people got into that shit because they saw it as kids? Seriously?
>>
>>284932793
>scam
How
Why
People give their money full knowingly what they do or don't get, what's a scam about that
>>
>>284932773

Star Citizen is not a recognised filanthropic organisation and works through sales, not donations.
>>
Can you actually walk around in these massive ships? That would be comfy, and then softly ejecting out of the ship when your done hanging out with your guild/clan, drifting through space, watch some other factions battle it out from a far without them notcing. Continue drifting. Land on some asteroids, mine a bit. Warp back to guild ship and sell some of the stuff you mined, Now have enough money to buy that cool space suit, assuming all cool looking clothing won't be DLC ofcourse..
>>
File: REMEMBER ME GUYS.jpg (278KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
REMEMBER ME GUYS.jpg
278KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>284932974
>trek
>not wars

KEK. trek is for people with pocket calculators who were never going anywhere in life. wars on the other hand was original and awe in spiring. at least give the correct credit where its due
>>
>Game is finished and released.
>Most of the players can't play it because of people who bought planetary destroyer dreadnoughts pre-launch who just keep demolishing everyone and preventing them from playing.
>>
File: provato-001-600x369.jpg (53KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
provato-001-600x369.jpg
53KB, 600x369px
>>284932489

>HAVING RIGHTS IS AGAINST MUH FREEDUMBS

This is how retarded you are. Civilian protections against scams with a simple 14-day grace period is not "not being liable for your purchase", it's called living-in-2015.
>>
>>284933139
Each ship has a few rooms copied and pasted from other ships with a few things to interact with like the water faucet.
>>
>trying to use engine made for fps's for a space "simulator"
>trying to make the gam both arcade and simulator and failing at both
>trying to make game not p2w but refusing to let people alpha test the game and making them rent ships
>having to redesign a bunch of old ships because of muh balance in alpha
>having a "fully simulated" physics system but has max ship velocities in xml files

muh chris roberts, he can do no wrong
>>
>>284933219
>Each ship has a few rooms copied and pasted from other ships
What the fuck
Lies
Everything is fucking unique. It's like THE thing all the attention goes to
>>
File: 1383124096541.jpg (779KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1383124096541.jpg
779KB, 1200x1200px
>>284933146
2/10. Doesn't help you used a meme laugh.

Both TREK and WARS are great, but TREK at least inspires real world lessons and something for mankind to strive for. We will never live in a Universe of space magic and Wizards.
>>
>>284933158
he's probably against net neutrality as well lol
>>
>>284933316
>We will never live in a Universe of space magic and Wizards.
Who knows, we still have a few billion years to go
>>
>>284933316
oh good lord, who let the new guys in?

here, before you make a fool of yourself further, at least learn what a meme is before you refer to everything you don't like as one.

http://knowyourmeme.com/

your welcome
>>
>>284933316
Star Trek has tons of space magic and wizards.
>>
File: 1416630277642.webm (3MB, 960x540px)
1416630277642.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>instead of increasing scope, they increase polycount to the thousand+ per ship and add shit visual effects
>instead of making well scaled, non instance anything, they keep making instance dogfighting games
>instead of introducing a modular system that let player shape ships the way they want and have their stats be related to their design and manufacture they sell you overpriced 3D models you don't even actually own
>instead of making UI elements simple and tree-ing the complexity, they make HUGE ALL OVER THE SCREEN visual effects for the simplest of shit

SPACE IS GREAT
SHIT CAN GO FAST AND PUNCH HARD
IT'S FUCKING HUGE
HUUUUUGE I TELL YOU
YOU COULD HAVE EVERY HUMAN PLAY A GAME WHERE A SINGLE GALAXY CAN BE EXPLORED AND THE ODDS OF RANDOMLY MEETING SOMEONE ELSE WOULD BE LOW AS BALLS
BUT NOPE, LET THEM SELL YOU THE SAME SHIT REPACKAGED
SOME MODEL ARTISTS WOULD DESIGN YOU A DOZEN HIGH POLY, WELL TEXTURED SPACESHIP FOR THE PRICE OF ONE OF THESE
>>
>>284933139
>Can you actually walk around in these massive ships? That would be comfy.
Yes

>and then softly ejecting out of the ship when your done hanging out with your guild/clan, drifting through space,
Yes

>watch some other factions battle it out from a far without them notcing. Continue drifting.
Maybe; probably not likely because of instancing and your ship is probably nearby anyway.

>Land on some asteroids,
Yes

>mine a bit.
By hand? Probably not

>Warp back to guild ship
No

>and sell some of the stuff you mined,
Yes

>Now have enough money to buy that cool space suit,
Yes, but I'm not sure about the cost of things

>assuming all cool looking clothing won't be DLC ofcourse..
Most of the stuff that is exclusive is probably the pledge stuff, I doubt there will be items in a cash shop that you can't get in-game
>>
>>284933480
>calling people new
This is what new people do to try and not look new.

>accusing someone of making a fool of themselves
>your welcome
>your
>>
>>284933009
Convincing people to do it.

That's why it's called a con.
>>
>>284933146
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/warp/inspinv.html
oh hey its a page on nasa.gov itself

an entire page about how sci fi writers directly contributed to nasa, itself

feel free to ignore it
>>
>>284933627
keep deflecting lol

come on, use meme some more in a completely wrong context. show everyone how you been here since 1997 amirite
>>
>>284933627
>the problem with his post was the fact he didn't use you're
>not the fact he posted knowyourmeme

/v/ is dead
>>
>>284933607
If this is all true, and it actually comes out like this. I buy the fuck out of this.

I feel like a game like this would only properly work if it had a lot of players playing. If hype dies down and there's only like 3,000 people online it will lose it's charms.

There better only be 1 or 2 servers, because it will suck if theres 60 servers, but each only have like 1,000 players on them.
>>
>>284933746
You can put meme in front of anything and have it mean something grandpa.

>meme shoes
Converse or those shoes with wheels on the bottom.
>meme food
Fried pickles/oreos. Deep dish pizzas.
etc
Kek, lel, qeq, wew, are all meme laughs.

You're the one that seems to not know much about memes bud.
>>
>>284933898
There will be 1 official one and the ability to make your own.
You can mod your own
But the expectation is that most people will play on the official one.
>>
>>284933627
>bringing up your when moot himself said it was stupid almost 11 years ago

could you get any more new

next your gonna try to spoil midword. good luck.
>>
>>284933951
stop using meme logic while memposting..
>>
>>284934015
They will remove the ability to make your own server when someone gets a popular one going without all the pay2win bullshit and stuff like not needing 'insurance', since it'll you know, make the game fun.

Just a reminder that they by no means have to keep a single promise.
>>
>>284933898
The plan is to have one server.
The most unfortunate thing about it is that there will be instancing, but I think if the instances are sufficiently large it won't matter because in between locations is just empty space where you probably wouldn't have seen anybody anyway.
>>
>>284934157
You must be a prophet or something
>>
>>284934191
>instancing

into the trash it goes.
>>
>>284934246
For all you know an instance takes an hour of fullspeed flight to traverse
>>
>>284934246
There's really no other way to do it. We just don't have the technological capability to put everything in one huge seamless space. It has yet to be seen exactly what they will be like. Instancing doesn't necessarily mean loading screens, it could be like the cross-realm instancing or phasing that WoW has.
>>
>>284934390
>>284934246
It's most likely only relevant when there are tons of ships in an instance, or you won't notice anything.
>>
>>284934408
You gotta hand it to blizzard how well everything works in that ancient engine.
All the cross-realm stuff and instancing is no small feat.
>>
Why would you want every ship off the get go? Isn't it more fun to earn each ship through playing the game and slowly upgrading yourself till you hit near the top? I'll never understand why people just pay money to have everything instead of working for it; takes the fun out of the game. It's like playing an rpg and getting the best equipment, then rolling through the early levels. A game needs some challenge and incentive to play
>>
>>284934474
Oh, like GW1 town instances that dynamically open when there's x players present?
That'd kind of kill any chance at having xboxhueg fights though
>>
>>284934474
This. I think you'd only notice when there are enough players to go over the limit which should end up being around 100. I can imagine Sol or something to have enough though.
>>
>>284934558
people born after 2000 love and need instant gratification and the ability to buy what should be earned. cue the excuse about not having enough time irl or some shit.
>>
>>284908125
I could probably buy a real spaceship for $15000, or at least a few trips to the moon.
>>
>>284934558
Most of the more expensive ships require way more than 1 person to properly fly them anyways
>>
File: 1420568545153.jpg (9KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
1420568545153.jpg
9KB, 300x288px
>>284934702
>older than 15
>still on 4chin
>>
>>284934741
>I could probably buy a real spaceship for $15,000

Nigga how long has it been since you left your hobbit hole?
>>
File: sour lion.png (172KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
sour lion.png
172KB, 480x300px
I kinda want this game to succeed, because there is way too few good space sims out there.

I just dont think its possible with todays technology.
>>
>>284934904
Last time I checked in we threw some jewelry in a volcano or something
>>
>>284934558
I think some of the ships are going to be exclusive and can´t be bought in game, like the Super Hornet for example.
>>
>>284935068
It's instanced with a proposed 100 player limit for those. It's not doing anything particularly amazing.
>>
>>284915762
>so instead of a made up spaceship that's worth $0, you get a large collection of made up spaceships whose cumulative value remains $0
This guy gets it.
>>
File: Good luck, I guess..jpg (92KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Good luck, I guess..jpg
92KB, 1728x1080px
>>284934741
Nigga this is you.
>>
File: 1424544962716.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1424544962716.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>284935245
Exactly, we have to wait at least 30-40 years for technology to get there. And even then, we might be extinct because the world is going to the shitter.
>>
File: 1416632775553.webm (3MB, 1200x675px)
1416632775553.webm
3MB, 1200x675px
>>284933568
>>
>>284935298
No he doesn't because that's retarded
Something being virtual doesn't mean that t has no value
>>
>>284935390
Go away various animals, you're all drunk.
>>
>>284935424
nigger what the fuck is this
sauce
>>
>>284935569
X Rebirth.
>>
File: 1422824682906.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422824682906.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>284935390
>implying
TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY SOON, ANON
>>
>>
>>284935646
Is it any good?
>>
>>284934741
>I could probably buy a real spaceship for $15000
Jesus fuck man.

My apartment cost me 250.000k, not including anything in it.
Do you have any fucking clue how the world outside your house looks ?
>>
>>284915413
because a lot of other stuff comes with it, OP's just wanting replies
>>
>>284935737
No, not really.
>>
>>284935646
I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU FAGGOT
THANKS FOR SPARKING SOME HOPE IN ME FOR NOTHING
>>
>>284935737
No. But the previous games are pretty much the best space sandboxin there is. Try AP.
>>
>>284935789
I'm really sorry mister :(
>>
>>284908125
yes. this is fable times 1000.
>>
>>284935472
It does, virtual items have no inherit value, same as diamonds or fashion brands.
Juts because some retards buy into it dosnt mean its not worthless.
>>
>>284933951

holy shit we got our selves a meme expert here lads
>>
>>284935979
in capitalism, something is worth anything people are willing to pay for it.
>>
>>284935979
>Juts because some retards buy into it dosnt mean its not worthless.
That's exactly what it means
All value is given to things by the people giving value to it
Also diamonds are very useful in various industrial processes, though they're synthesized for that
>>
>>284936018
maybe he can tell me where the fuck this meme originated and what it means...
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: 1420212911251.jpg (48KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1420212911251.jpg
48KB, 200x200px
>>284936394
Less shitty than SJW making up 80% of this game's community
This game is doomed
>>
File: Drake-Bell-un06.jpg (44KB, 470x589px) Image search: [Google]
Drake-Bell-un06.jpg
44KB, 470x589px
>>284922909
The only rich people that take care of their money are part of an already-prestigious family line. People back then, and maybe even now, called them "old money"

"New money" people are the guys that strike it rich somehow, either winning the lottery or by some other means. They're not born with it. That's why you hear news stories about past lottery winners who've already spent most of it not thinking about their future, but thinking about what they could get "right now".
>>
>>284908394
i find it hard to believe that people who blow money for shit like this are rich in the first place
>>
>>284936394

What if I joined back before they even had a kickstarter and now just stay in it so I know when some big news hits
>>
>>284936665
I frequent the general, but it always boggles my mind how someone can even spend so much time bothering with drama and even making a collage like this.
>>
>>284935245
daily reminder that servers with 128 players was officially supported by games since 1994
>>
>>284936718
its like saying you were part of the kkk before they burned niggers
>>
File: 1424359078245.jpg (197KB, 720x471px) Image search: [Google]
1424359078245.jpg
197KB, 720x471px
>not playing E:D
>>
>>284936863

the kkk newsletter is really informative and helps me keep up to date despite my busy life

Last week was about ways to trap the nigra using nothing but string and some cheese.
>>
>>284936926
uh, okay. anyways
>>
>>284937109
i dun see any green kangaroo
>>
File: 1398567582093s.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1398567582093s.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>284937109
fucking christ
>>
>>284937109
This looks pretty flammable.
>>
File: model-train-guy-2-jpg.jpg (93KB, 445x296px) Image search: [Google]
model-train-guy-2-jpg.jpg
93KB, 445x296px
>>284915413
Serious answer? It's like a modern day train set. Hobbyists spend thousands of dollars on these things. The only difference is that a tangible collection has resale value. Of course I guess you could always try to sell your account.
>>
>>284908125
>originally bought in for $40
>eventually upgraded to super hornet
>currently into SC for about $300
>just got an r9 290x yesterday and finally get a playable framerate
>the game is fucking great
I love /v/ SC threads, they're hilariously retarded.
>>
>>284936665
>asylumboy99
i cant stop laughing
it all makes sense now
he's not even old enough to be on 4chan
>>
File: 1389036101574.png (94KB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1389036101574.png
94KB, 420x314px
>>284908125
>$2500 for a single ship
>250000/200=?
Your education was a scam, faggot.
>>
>>284908125
>scam

Somebody is retarded.
>>
>>284937345
yeah, but trainfags, you know

actually...have the trains. they are actually real
>>
File: 1423612018158.png (235KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423612018158.png
235KB, 1080x1080px
>>284937313
I don't think it looks bad
Is there still hope for me?
>>
>>284937461
How Can Trains Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
>>
>>284937409
could that be an average? naaaaaaaaaaaah. clearly, the only people who bought ships, were the ones who bought expensive ones. because, yeah, no one ever buys the cheaper ones.
>>
>>284937461
I sure hope you don't have a Steam account m8
>>
>>284937461
>they are actually real
what
you can't get in one of them and travel around
how is that a real train
>>
>>284937571

What's wrong with a guy donating his money to a project he believes in?
>>
>>284937636
actually, you sorta can
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ridable_miniature_railways
>>
This game will be a total scam, that's for sure,
>>
>>284937719
not to mention, these cost less then 15 grand
>>
File: 1424818908882.png (1MB, 1920x1080px)
1424818908882.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>284937749
>will be
It already is, anon.
>>
What are the odds that the devs ask for more money because they spent it all on Hot Pockets or something?
>>
>>284937636
Well for starters they cost less than 15k and they're FUCKING TANGIBLE.
>>
>Everyone hating on Geisto and his crew
>not getting free ships and videogames from based god
>tfw homeworld RM for free
>>
>>284917615
Most people playing on public servers.
>>
>>284937947
they made more money then any other kickstarter project that even remotely is related to them. if they are smart, they just walk away
>>
>>284936394
>>284936665
>>284936836
Why are these getting deleted?
This is hilarious.
>>
>>284938108
Garbage.
>>
>>284937749
nobody argues that
they haven't really shown anything impressive yet, other than their ambition and textures
>>
>>284938106
seriously, this is it.
>so you donated money for nothing
>yes
>and you expect something in return
>yes
>and this is why your suing them
>yes
>court adjourned.
>>
>>284938106
Who is THEY? Its a company not a person, how does that even make sense.
>>
>>284908125
I think it's really sad, people who buy shit like this. It's like they have no life in the real world so stuff like this *becomes* their life. Quite literally.

Either that or the people buying this stupid shit are multimillionaires who run out of other stupid shit to buy
>>
>>284938254
shit man, this might be crazy, but i think they, refers to, the company.

im not sure, but, maybe. ill keep you updated on if "they" could possibly refer to a group
>>
>>284937948
"Tangible" good has no sense in today's world.
>>
File: 1367517609322.png (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1367517609322.png
146KB, 500x500px
>>284938134
No, this is hilarious.

Are you one of the guys that got targeted?
>>
>>284938350
actually, it sorta does. you see, the data for a ship, is a tangible product. you would have it, on your harddrive, something you can touch
>>
>>284928859
You can make a private server you know. You literally never have to see another player and their 2500 dollar ship if you don't want to.
>>
>>284938473
REALLY? HOW? ILL MAKE ONE RIGHT NOooow......
>>
>>284938441
>he doesn't have a ssd
>>
>>284938336
A company is just a group of people being paid on the presumption that there will be more money for them to get paid with if they do work you fuckwad.

It makes no sense that 'they' would run away with themoney.
>>
i didnt really follow all this, can someone explain to me something?

is it possible to buy those ships ingame with ingame currency you get from missions and tranding and so on?
>>
>>284938551
you can touch an ssd too. i know, crazy, but it can be done

>>284938567
>it makes no sense that a group of people would run with the money

you
i

what
>>
File: HnqlM1n.png (78KB, 1306x354px)
HnqlM1n.png
78KB, 1306x354px
>>284938385
Targeted??

Lmfao. Most of that shit is tumblr tier infographic shit. Because we all know 4chan believes everything if it's summed up in a collage!

And if I was featured in one of those, I'd probably laugh my ass and jack off to the fact that nerds dedicate their basement dwelling lives to this shit daily.
>>
>>284938629
of course. itll just take 900 hours of grinding. no biggie, not pay 2 win at all. you can match up to those players, itll just take you, oh, a couple of years. totally fair.
>>
>>284938663
But not the data on the ssd
>>
>>284938780
uh, no, you can. you wont feel it because its magnetic, but its there. crazy huh?

fucking magnetics, how do they work
>>
File: 1376285348937.jpg (102KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1376285348937.jpg
102KB, 800x450px
>>284938709
So you ARE one of them.
>>
>>284938663
None of those 'people' have any right to the money as they are employees. And the company itself makes more money if it continues what it is doing.now you moron. You literally have no concept of companies or economics do you.
>>
>>284938762
but it's still possible. like in world of tanks, the noob buys the premium t9 tank and sucks with it while the free player grinds towards a good tank and on the way becomes a good player unlike the retard who threw away cash.
>>
File: 1416170779866.jpg (270KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1416170779866.jpg
270KB, 1280x960px
>>284938106
If they did that people would get mad as fuck and do everything they could to get their money back.
What they should do is pretend to work hard, keep promising more stuff for more money, keep selling space ships, then create a mediocre, unpolished jack of all trades space game for a small part of their money. This is how you get away with it, because then they can prove that they 'tried' and nobody can really complain. This is what they're actually doing
>>
>>284938912
you have literally no idea what donations are, do you.

try again next time
>>
File: 213.gif (22KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
213.gif
22KB, 300x100px
>>284938887
Sure brosef, whatever floats your jollies?
>>
>>284938949
>ill get my donations back, because when i donated money for nothing, i expected something

oh shit, good one. just like the last 10 kickstarters, amirite?

what part

of donation

do you not

understand
>>
>>284938861
Yeah but then it's not tangible
>>
>>284938709
>confirmed for targeted
>>
File: 1366603350527.jpg (83KB, 657x549px) Image search: [Google]
1366603350527.jpg
83KB, 657x549px
>>284939015
I know know your secret
>>
>>284914860
>250,000
>could have been a hospital
anon, I...
>>
>>284939131
uh, it is. you take a magnet, and it has varying degrees of resistance. its not MY fault you cant hold it still enough.
>>
>>284939131
your life force isn't tangible
you're born for nothing
>>
>>284915803
I have never in my life read so much bullshit before.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>284908125
It's money laundering. Pretty blatant at that. They should have gone with a more low key money-laundering scheme, but whatever works for them.
>>
>>284915413
>should

Its not a question of should, its the question if anyone wants to pay that much.

There are rich idiots.
>>
>>284939365
>i have never in my life followed the nintendo wii sales data or candy crush

okay, whatever
>>
File: kippeth.jpg (102KB, 465x720px) Image search: [Google]
kippeth.jpg
102KB, 465x720px
>>284939152
I know yours too.
>>
>>284917592

So the only way to mine is to get a super heavy and expensive specialist craft then?

Or can you stick a mining laser on any ship just have it be less efficent?
>>
>>284931557
>getting your dick sucked by supermodels
>still feel the need to play star citizen

well you wouldnt find me on my pc if i had this possibility
>>
Theres literally nothing wrong with StarCitizen™.
>>
This game will be such a blunder the shitstorm will be insane and I will be alive to see this day
>>
File: 1366351104800.jpg (80KB, 525x551px) Image search: [Google]
1366351104800.jpg
80KB, 525x551px
>>284939680
>not being a TRU-GAMER
In a world without physical needs we'd see who the actual casuals are.
>>
>>284939870
i would prob still fap to visual novels just out of habits
>>
>>284939064
You dumbo, it's not all about money, it's about their reputation as well, along with other things. They would never get hired for anything any more, and would probably receive death threats daily for years and years.
Yes, they can just fuck off with their money, but that would be a really fucking stupid way of doing it, and only a retard would think it would be the best way to rip people off at this level.
You can't compare this to some of the other shitty kickstarter projects, this is way WAY beyond that.
Remember Tim Schafer? He actually tried slightly and got shit on pretty hard. Imagine that times fifty
>>
guys can I cross dress my ship so people think it's female I'm tired of getting pirated and I'll have whiteknights to escort me
>>
>>284940375
pink camo and lasers should do it.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.