[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get into this, /v/. (Yes, this one specifically. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
Help me get into this, /v/.

(Yes, this one specifically. It's the only one I own.)
>>
File: 1423438622776.jpg (94KB, 443x547px) Image search: [Google]
1423438622776.jpg
94KB, 443x547px
>>284756848
Awesome game, the difficulty is definitely up there. But because of this it makes every hunt feel that much more rewarding. Probably my most played psp game. i r8 8/8 m8.
>>
>>284756848
Might as well get 4U even if you buy a 3DS.
>>
>>284756848
I started this recently too. What have you done so far?
>>
>>284756848
You have hunt a monster, get your ass kicked and gain a taste for vengence
>>
>>284758249
Another thing to note is that I found all of the environments to be very memorable and diverse.
>>
I like monster hunter more when you can see the health of the monsters
>>
>>284758418
Last time I played it was probably a year ago. I did quite a bit, if I remember correctly. I did a bunch of challenges in some arena type thing. (I'm sure you probably know what it's called and I'm just a newfag.) I used a ranged weapon. Think it was like a heavy rifle-type thing. And I'm pretty sure I was wearing armor that I got from the blue raptor enemy drops. I didn't really lose interest, I think what happened is I got Persona 4 Golden and all my time went into that. (I play on my vita, my PSP is garbage)

>>284758320
I'd love to, it looks really fun, but at the same time I'm not sure if it would STAY fun for me. That's kind of why I want to get really into this one first, I hear it's one of the really good ones in the series. (Which is partly why it's the one I bought) Besides, I don't own a Wii U or 3DS, though I'd like to, but I just don't have the money at the moment.
>>
>>284758418
I'm installing it again right now, otherwise I'd just hop on and give you a run down of what quests I'm on, what equipment I'm using, etc.
>>
>>284758320
I just did this, and am baffled how bad the environments look compared to Unite on PSP.

4U feels a hell lot easier to get into though.
>>
>>284760743
Get Rathalos Soul armor if you can. It has earplugs and attack up.
>>
Which HBG should I go for?

I'm close to having all parts for tropeco gun, are the upgrades for that any good?
>>
>>284760930
>I'll start pointing out that I'm OP so that it doesn't get confusing.

OP here, these kinds of tips are very much appreciated. What armors are good, why/what makes them good, what weapons are good, where to get said items, etc.
>>
OP here, disregard that. I suck cocks.
>>
>>284761098
Earplugs are a life-saver, especially if you're using a weapon that cant block.
>>
Where the hell do I find Armor Spheres
>>
>>284761292
I'm wondering this too, like the green ones
>>
Well, stay clear of the Hunting Horn, Gunlance, Dual Blades, Sword n Shield, and Bow.

They are still shit at that point in the series (not regular MH thread shit, basically unusable because of the negligent design of their damage formulas.)

Try to hit the monster without getting hit. And as far as getting into this, does patience, diligence, and the ability to predict enemy AI being rewarded with 50+ bosses, each with either radically different mechanics or different behaviours sound cool?

Except for Yian Garuga and Rathian, basically the same monster in that game.
>>
>>284761091
Island of the Gods
>>
>>284761292
>>284761348
You can get them from mining points, or in quest rewards of certain quests. Those quests usually involve delivering minerals or fighting mineral-based monsters (Basarios, Gravios, Kushala Daora, etc). Or take place in the Volcano.
>>
>>284761472
Lies, the SnS isn't that bad. Also, what is the Akantor bow?
>>
>>284761472
OP here. I'm no bitch when it comes to difficulty in games that makes you plan and think things out. That shit gets me aroused. I'm almost positive that if I took the time to really get into the series, I would love it. I just don't really know how/where to start, you know? It seems like a lot of information to take in at once, and none of my friends play MH. Kind of hoping that if I can git gud, I'll be the one to get them into it as well.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.