[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this could've been the next Kotor but ended in shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: MassEffect.jpg (756KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect.jpg
756KB, 1920x1200px
Reminder that this could've been the next Kotor but ended in shit
>>
>>284473703
its better than kotor

star wars is wank, no exceptions
>>
So do I just play the first one and make up what happened in my head after?
>>
>>284473761
Oh boy here we fucking go
>>
>>284473761
This. ME lore is far more interesting than that childish Star Wars shit.
>>
>>284473826
Play all 3, make up 3's ending in your head
>>
>>284473761
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1424301022932.jpg (88KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1424301022932.jpg
88KB, 500x667px
[TRIGGER WARNING]
>>
>>284474186
God dammit man :(
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
Another anon the other day said it perfectly. They missed a golden opportunity to actually run with the whole SPECTRE thing instead of just essentially dropping it after ME1. Instead of having a trilogy that degraded into "muh reapers" they could have turned the series into a James Bond like series where you play a Shepard who travels around the galaxy saving it from various evil plots every different game.
>>
>>284473971
I liked the alternative 3's ending that they introduced in a patch. The one where you shoot the little prick and basically you all die but the next cycle survives. I like it because I never expected to defeat the Reapers and it made more sense to me that the next cycle(or the one after that) would be the one to survive
>>
>>284473703
Why did they plaster artwork from the beta builds all over the ME1 box?
>>
>>284474960
ME2 kind of did that with the Collectors.

>there will never be a game where you play as one of the first SPECTREs during the Krogan rebellion
>>
>>284474186
>game series space opera turns into an abnormally-interactable visual novel with light 3rd person shooting mechanics

how
>>
i'm hoping the 4th game is more rpg than mindless tps but for now i'll just remain indifferent about it to avoid disappointment
>>
File: bac.png (222KB, 464x352px) Image search: [Google]
bac.png
222KB, 464x352px
>>284475210
The problem with that is that they still tried to connect it to their overarching story about the Reapers. The Collectors on their own would have illustrated the direction I wanted the series to go in perfectly though.
>>
File: James_Vega_Character_Box[1].png (474KB, 746x741px) Image search: [Google]
James_Vega_Character_Box[1].png
474KB, 746x741px
>the only character i actually want to fug
>you can't
>>
>>284474960
They made a couple of fatal choices, completely removing stats from 2 and 3 basically killed all fine tuning from the game and if they just went with the originally intended dark matter ending for ME3 instead of ripping of Deus Ex they could have at least ended the trilogy in a way that wouldnt make most people lose their shit. In Mass Effect 2 and 3 you almost get no loot and there are no numbers so you basically have to just try out every gun and since currency wont actually buy you anything relevant its just redundant. Its nothing new but if your game lacks complexity it gets old fast.
>>
>Mass Effect 1: a perfect sci-fi RPG. Could have benefited from more customization and choices, but I guess they were setting up an entire universe so it's forgivable. Exploration was alright, but lackluster at times. The story was the best in the series.

Mass Effect 2: RPG elements took a step back. Great character development. Best looking cities in the franchise, apart from the citadel. The suicide mission was the peak of the series, but it's followed by one of the worst final bosses of all time. The plot felt like a filler, but it was still better than the one in ME3.

Mass Effect 3: Very little redeemable qualities. It was only good during the "remember this guy" moments. Story felt rushed, and inconsistent with major plot points from previous games. It's obvious they changed a lot of stuff late development, and didn't have the time to think it all trough.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.