[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: fea.jpg (71KB, 491x442px) Image search: [Google]
fea.jpg
71KB, 491x442px
What should I expect from this game /v/ ?
>>
Waifufagging.
>>
>>284197039
Underrated by /v/, overrated by critics.

7.5/10
>>
>>284197039

not the worst FE game
not the best FE game
>>
>>284197252
>>284197302
Agreeing with these.
>>
>>284197039
It's a good introduction to the series. /v/ will complain about the waifus, although they are conveniently forgetting that the Fire Emblem fanbase has been filled with waifufags ever since the beginning.
>>
>>284197039
Just play the fucking game and lock down your waifu before Chrom whips out his dick and claims her.

Everything's explained well enough and it's all very intuitive.
>>
File: cain smaller.png (4KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
cain smaller.png
4KB, 135x135px
hilariously broken balance.

Pair Up is broken, always use it when possible.

Don't use everyone, just focus on a squad of like 10 dudes.

Frederick seems like a beginner's trap but he's actually a solid unit overall.

The plot is ass and the writing ranges from actually really good to braindead retarded.

However the music is alright even though it isn't the series's best and the overall presentation is good. At the end of the day it is still a solid game, but not a fantastic one.

now watch as retards argue about the same shit they argued about for the last two years.
>>
Just play it. I loved it.
>>
>>284197391
What if I want chrom as my husbando dumbass
>>
>>284197345
idgaf about waifus and shit, i just want a good strategy game
>>
GALEFORCE
HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE FOR THE GORGEOUS DONNY
THE PLEASURE OF BEING CHROMED INSIDE
I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDEAD
TIME TRAVEL
INFINITE RECLASSING
>>
Hey guys, I hear that Lucina is cute.
>>
File: 1402704867502.jpg (9KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
1402704867502.jpg
9KB, 207x244px
>>284197919
>there are people right now who actually waifu r34 marth
>>
File: tumblr_mhw2yccS231qeoigyo1_500.gif (78KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhw2yccS231qeoigyo1_500.gif
78KB, 500x449px
>>284197039
>>
A lot of cool, simple characters. Good story, though not a masterpiece by any measure.

Never really gets hard if you've played a FE before, partly thanks to the ability to grind if you want to. Also, some of the mechanics are very convenient, almost too much so, and it's really easy to create an unstoppable force of nearly invincible units even without any grinding.

Enjoyable, and while not the best in the series, it's still a good game.
>>
>>284198080
No wait shit not r34, I meant r63.
>>
Really poor writing, a waifu simulator system that doesn't even fit the style of the game, and extremely repetitive gameplay that hits its peak early on and then dies out when you realize it's all you'll be doing the whole time.
>>
>>284197632
>marrying the worst prince
>>
>>284197039
Why's that dumb bitch going the other way?

I hadn't noticed it.
>>
Hey /v/, I got an emulator working on my LG and got the GBA FE trilogy. Which one is the shortest, I want to play them all but I'm busy as fuck.
Which one is the best?

Also, OP, >>284197507 is pretty spot on, but this will seem better if it's your first FE. To add to that, "Normal" is actually Easy, "Hard" is Normal, and Lunatic is Lunatic. They changed the names for the easy difficulty in the US.
>>
>>284197039
hero with amnesia
generic "zombies threaten the kingdom" plot
awful music
waifu faggotry
>>
I quit this game the instant Basilio came back. I should have dropped this piece of steaming shit earlier, but that moment was fucking awful writing and should have been rejected by the editors right then and there.
>>
>>284197039
an inferior strategy game to their Advance Wars series, but it is easier to get into and get attached to the plot and story.

Overall, it has weak gameplay compared to the better examples of an FE game, but I still dumped 200 hours into it (regretfully),
>>
I couldn't really get into the gameplay. It's way too easy to slide into either complete overpowered nonsense or completely unusable. I actively tried to spread XP around, but it quickly devolved into a few units being able to one-shot everything as they steamroll the maps. Meanwhile the other fuckers are literally useless without grinding. For every kill I manage to feed a lower leveled unit, like 7 enemies rush Robin and instantly die in the counter-attack, making him even stronger. I've heard this is pretty typical for Fire Emblem though.
>>
>>284198564
>that moment was fucking awful writing and should have been rejected by the editors right then and there.
But that was like the only part Lucina's time traveling did anything for them.
>>
>>284197780
>i just want a good strategy game
Then you probably shouldnt have played a fire emblem game
>>
>>284199248
Yeah that's right, that was really the only thing here efforts accomplished.

I think her time traveling and shit was really just an awkward way to shoehorn the eugenics mechanic into the story. Because you know Nintendo devs usually think of the gameplay first and then try to wrap a story around it later.
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>284198643
>I still dumped 200 hours into it (regretfully),
>>
amazing presentation, lacklustre strategy gameplay, great game overall
>>
>>284197039
the definition of pretty good
>>
The best FE.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.