[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your video game idea? Big or small, I have an itch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: 1424291637314.jpg (199KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1424291637314.jpg
199KB, 640x960px
What's your video game idea?

Big or small, I have an itch. And the only scratch for that itch is your idea.
>>
a cyberpunk game where the undercity is dark and crime-ridden and in the middle is a tower that leads over a mile up and supports the upper city, which is bright and wealthy, and exploits the lower city
>>
>>284148693
I got a scar on my palm because of one of those things.
>>
i don't want you to steal it
>>
Its a simulator on how to suck dicks and op is the mc and the only way is to beat your moms dick until game over orgasm but ive still yet to figure out coding
>>
>>284148693
All of my ideas involve little animu girls, neon, and lots of dakka.
>>
>>284148693
I want to drive my car on the tv
>>
>>284148693

lizardman in the big city
>>
File: 1414494888055.jpg (47KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
1414494888055.jpg
47KB, 500x626px
>building caretaker
>you the guy keeping the building running
>start in the ghetto or slums
>residents call you to fix shit
>lol valve puzzles
>as you progress you can move to better buildings with more puzzles
>make enough money to buy your own apartment building
>upgrade it and keep fixing it for people
You could end up being a millionarie in a coverall changing the old bulbs to LED.
>>
>>284148693
a hero game where the main character goes around fighting super villains but if he dies you play as the super villain who goes on to fight others until he dies and so on
>>
>>284151213
>random generated city and powers
Sounds interesting. Just make sure there is a list of 100-200 powers.
>>
/tv/ Script Threads thought me about never sharing my ideas to anyone anonymously, insight is good and some critique too, but i aint telling my money-making idea to anyone!
>>
>isometric turn based rpg
>spells and abilities have different QTE's which can determine critical and critical failure (similar to Sabin in FFVI)
>Ignoring QTE's results with no penalty, but attack/ability is less effective
>>
File: 1422393481364.jpg (95KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1422393481364.jpg
95KB, 563x364px
>tfw ideas guy
>tfw all my ideas are just remakes of games i like
>>
>Letting my ideas get stolen by seedy indie devs

Kill yourself mah man
>>
>>284148693
>this thread again

OP is a faggot EA developer mining for ideas
>>
Zombie game where you have to survive
>>
>>284151983
FUND IT
Wait.
Will there be crafting too?
>>
File: 1420072242403.jpg (114KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1420072242403.jpg
114KB, 717x960px
You play as a lonely, quiet person who you create, and feel like going on a vacation. Tried from the flight to this area, you go to your very cheap, but very nice looking hotel room and take a nap. You wake up, and it's dark outside. If you look out a window, you can't see anything all the way down, just fog. When you walk to leave your room, you see a note that says "ENJOY YOUR STAY!" on it. This is where the nightmare begins.

You only have one life. If you die, you have to start all over again. The hotel is randomly generated, but you starting position is always the same, in the dead center of the 50th floor of the building, and there are 100 floors. You need to escape, and find out how. Throughout the game, you will meet numerous NPCs, who can help, hurt, or betray you. There will be 30 of them total, and 3 will have static personalities for all playthroughs, while the others will cycle their motives. Someone who will help you one playthrough may want to kill you the next. 5 of them will also be monsters, and have a high chanced of not being trusted by other NPCs that aren't. The three with static motives will be part of a main line to actually escaping, though you don't need to work with them to beat the game, but will have to if you want to get different endings, two of which can be achieved alone, and the other 3 with the NPCs. One is good, one evil, and the other is neutral and wants to just escape with you.
>>
File: Welcome to AB Games.jpg (97KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to AB Games.jpg
97KB, 960x544px
>>284152252
It will have weapon crafting and party system like Dead Rising, but inventory management like RE4, but with weight as well as space. It would have a slew of different kinds of monsters as well. From creatures that move in packs and swarm like parasites, to some that will only watch you, but wont do anything to you until you do something to it first. There's also hunger, thirst, stamina and other shit, so you have to look for supplies and safe places to sleep. But watch and communicate with your group. They could have good suggestions and information that could help you or themselves in the long run.

You will assume that there's an escape either above or below, so you must get to the 1st floor, or the 100th floor to escape, but the closer you are to them, the stronger the creatures are. The hotel rooms are in a 8x8 grid format, meaning 16 rooms per floor, and stairs and elevators placed at random on floors. Stairs obviously take you up or down one level, while elevators allow you to move faster, but are more scarce to find working ones the closer you get to the exits. There may also be holes in the ground, giving players going down no way back up, or mysterious ladders, that after climbed up, seal the area you came, giving players heading upward no way back down.
>>
A survival horror open-world type game, taking place in a sort of alternate universe city.

In order to survive, you have to disguise/blend in with the populace. You have to move the way they do, speak the way they do, and avoid being uncovered as an "intruder" Over time, the requirements to blend in become stricter, and your disguises fail quicker.

I got the idea from social anxiety disorder
>>
Company of Heroes with a fantasy setting.
>>
File: 1424368793432.webm (3MB, 854x480px)
1424368793432.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>284148693

Imagine frogger, only you're jumping between the roofs of cars instead of dodging them, and you're humanoid.

You're on a highway. There are two players on a deadly faceoff jumping between an assortment of speeding cars, they are each equipped with a gun which which they can shoot the cars, blow out tires, kill drivers, ect.

A flag spawns on a nearby car at the beginning of the level, a player must obtain the flag and hold it in order to continually score points, the first player to reach X amount of points wins. If you die, i.e. fall off a car or something, you drop the flag.
>>
>>284151713
You... you may want to look into the Super Mario RPGs, dude.
>>
>>284148693
MMO with Zelda gameplay that requires other players to help you solve puzzles in dungeons.

2D platformer about all the colors being stolen by the color black and you, representative of the color, white, must fight all of his minions he each hold dominion over each stolen color to slowly restore color to the world, and you gain the powers of each color sort of like Megaman.
>>
>>284148693
A new Ogre Battle game, is it too much to ask?
>>
A game where puzzles are based off glitches. The environment relies on using the uncanny valley to creep people the hell out.
>>
>>284150284
>>284150954
these are not games?
remake as something with gameplay pls or gtfo
>>
File: lates.jpg (337KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
lates.jpg
337KB, 1920x816px
>>284150284
Bait?

if not, you're welcome
>>
>>284148693
A hyper realistic, dark and gritty WWII game where you play a simple Wehrmacht soldier who gets the ass end of the worst of a losing Germany, up to the last hours of the Battle of Berlin.

or hell, just a good WW1 game
>>
>>284148693
I've posted this on /vr/, so let me copy paste it.

It's always easy to come up with ideas, but have no execution. I've had an idea for a game that would essentially be a parody of both faux retro games and the 5th generation as a whole, or at least the N64. Imagine low poly models walking around, with N64 tier textures, or N64 models walking around with PS1 textures, or both. The game, I was thinking about being a parody of collectathons, with some racing segments, FPS levels, and wrestling boss fights, parodying the current trend of video games of the time.

I was thinking the options could be a reference to the consoles themselves, such as "Irrelevant" referring to the Saturn, "That other console" referring to the N64, "Dominant" referring to the PS1, and "Just as the developers intended" being, well, the ideal setting. However, seeing the N64, Saturn, and PS1 could do different things better than others, it would be tricky to have a consistent measure. Oh well, maybe have the actual meaning in parenthesis. Draw distance will be labelled as "Silence", "Two Rocks", and "The Force".

What's better, this game will put more of a strain on your rig by running at 480p than Crysis 3 at 4K ultra settings. I seem to think up the technical aspects before thinking up the game itself, and this seems like it would be extremely difficult to emulate three different polygon rendering techniques, and emulate their quirks.

What do you guys think? If any of you are competent game designers, feel free to take my idea. All I ask for in exchange is just a single line of credit to "KCM".
>>
>>284152252
kinda reminds me of Stay Tooned
>>
File: 111.jpg (193KB, 1848x975px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
193KB, 1848x975px
My space. Remaking starscape so I can have twinkling stars. Gonna make a space station inbetween.
>>
>>284153217
I like it
If only I could make it>>284153217
>>
File: 1412222499327.jpg (12KB, 167x175px) Image search: [Google]
1412222499327.jpg
12KB, 167x175px
>>284150731
>>284151549
>>284151949
These guys actually think they lost their chance at making loads of cash
>>
File: 1419204878024.jpg (1MB, 2048x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1419204878024.jpg
1MB, 2048x1103px
>open post apocalyptic world with no trace of civilization
>no explanation is given to you how this apocalypse happened whatsoever, player has to judge themselves
>story is not directly given to you, everything is subtle
>you start out in some suburban area with someone telling to you to go to a "temple"
>mix of Zelda and Fallout gameplay
>you can upgrade your character, skill trees, etc.
>>
>>284152328
Why is my life like this?
>>
>>284150808
I'd play it.
>>284151106
sounds like a nice idea for casual mobile market.
>>284152252
I've thought about something like this in the setting of the movie "Dark City" or "They Live"

Just that feeling of not fitting in, or things not being the way they should.
>>
>>284153217
garbage for actual neckbearded virgins like jontron or the angry video game nerd
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.