[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

>Nintendo hasn't had strong 3rd party support since the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: 1423215769610.jpg (184KB, 510x574px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423215769610.jpg
184KB, 510x574px
>Nintendo hasn't had strong 3rd party support since the SNES era

WHAT
THE
FUCK
HAPPENED?
>>
They continued to be stubborn, even after they got competition that was actually competitive
>>
>what are handhelds up through the DS
>>
>>282474647
>Handhelds

KEK
>>
>no 3rd party support
translates into
>"Where is my multiplatform rehashes!?"

>>282474815
Epic goalpost moving.
>>
File: 1423227261028.jpg (510KB, 1046x1494px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423227261028.jpg
510KB, 1046x1494px
>>282474918
>Being this young
>>
Nintendo was terrified of ruining its image and developers didn't like creating games for those consoles.
>>
>/v/eentendo
>they don't know about the nintendo mafia
>extremely high royalty prices
>e-excuse mister nintendo-san, can we expose our games next to yours? P-Please...
>NO, PEOPLE COME FROM MARIO. THEN, IF THERE'S SOMETHING LEFT, YOU GET THE CRUMBS
>T-Thanks...

>Sony
>Hey guys, we have literally no games and plan on having none for a very fucking long time, lower royalties and cheaper devkits

Rest is history.
>>
>>282474463
it was really fucking hard to develop for n64, plus cartridges. Look at OOT compared to any 3rd party game, it's not even close.
>>
File: 1418718497769.jpg (42KB, 364x378px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418718497769.jpg
42KB, 364x378px
>>282475118
But Sony were making games alongside 3rd parties.
>>
>>282474815
>handhelds
Have been the home of many great 3rd party games from devs like SE, Treasure, Konami, Capcom, and Banpresto.
>>
>>282474463
Hiroshi Yamauchi and the influence he left on how to run things.
>>
Most 3rd party developers are really lazy. Nintendo is the worst option if you're lazy because it require you to work with more limitations, which often produced better results back in the pre 3D era and pushed innovative ways of working "around" the hardware.
>>
>>282474463
Going on a nintendo system is deceiving for publishers.

You look at their big system sales and think "ah, our games will do well on this platform" but in reality, 99% of nintendo owners are under the age of 12 and rely on their parents to buy games for them. And they only buy nintendo games.

So they put their games on there, they lower all the graphic specs because they are technically inferior systems and then it doesn't sell. Now you have a shit looking game with shit sales because nintendo is shit.

Monster Hunter and Youkai Watch being 2 exceptions.
>>
Because they are assholes to 3rd party devs and the only reason they did develop for the NES/SNES was because they couldn't make any money on any other platform at the time. Then Sega and Sony hit.
>>
>>282475118
>Hey guys, we have literally no games and plan on having none for a very fucking long time

I'm still waiting.

Also the whole "nintendo is a tyranic monopolic company" ended before the 90s started.

And hey, you guys now got whart you wanted, FINALLY we have a third party-controlled industry, with EA and Activision on top ruling everyone and dictating how consoles should be made. Aren't you happy?
>>
File: 1421613106442.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421613106442.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>282475560
>And hey, you guys now got whart you wanted, FINALLY we have a third party-controlled industry, with EA and Activision on top ruling everyone and dictating how consoles should be made. Aren't you happy?
>>
>>282474463
It's fanbase is perfectly content with buying Mario ________ X every year, so why bother?
>>
I'm crying /v/ I wanted Nintendo do win.
>>
>>282474463
I would lay my head on that stomach.
>>
>>282475672
>________ X
, Xenoblade Chronicles X? It doesn't come out every year.

It looks fantastic.
>>
>>282474963
SAUCE???
>>
>>282475846
>Liking used up old hags
>>
>>282475671

Yeah I also want to cry.

For a long time I also shouted "Fuck Nintendo! 3rd parties should rule!" then we finally got a 3rd party-dominated industry and now it sucks.

It seems we can't have nice things no matter what
>>
>>282474463
Are you willfully ignorant of how INCREDIBLY terrible Nintendo was to third parties during the NES and SNES days?

http://www.jjmccullough.com/Nintendo.php
http://operationrainfall.com/2013/05/16/why-do-third-parties-hate-nintendo/
>>
>>282475981

A lot of that shit is hyperbole and also it was only during the NES days that Nintendo had strong exclusive policies, not during SNES days. Unless you want to think the Megadrive didn't exist.
>>
>>282475921
I don't see why it's hard for people at all.

I have the 2 handhelds, Wii U and an enthusiast tier rig and I have a wonderful time playing my vidya. (I also have many older platforms)
>>
Go back to your graveshift niggerell, we know all about your pathetic life now.
>>
>>282476143

Because most people on /v/ (and most people who play vidya)are teenagers/kids and can't buy more than 1 console... why do you think console/system wars exist at all? Besides companies adocritnating people to be brand-loyalists.
>>
File: 1420581032035.jpg (62KB, 600x518px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420581032035.jpg
62KB, 600x518px
>>282476281
I don't even have a steady job. I earned most of the cash I spent on these things from mowing lawns or shoveling driveways, I'm incredibly poorfag tier outside of my assets. I buy things I use for a long time, like vidya, instead of food/liquor/etc.

This way is open to most.
>>
>>282474463
Because its home consoles have either not held majority market share, lacked powerful hardware compared to other consoles, or are heavily dominated by first/second party titles that scoop up all the sales.
>>
>>282476508
>re heavily dominated by first/second party titles that scoop up all the sales
Yes, this is the reality. 3rd party developers like a weak 1st part position, which they certainly have on Playstation/Xbox. Those 1st parties are typically pretty shit/in low supply.
>>
>devs know how shit nintendo treats them
>b-b-b-but I wanna develop for based nintendo they're my childhoooood!
Fucking christ
>>
>>282476107
>M-my overlord and S-savious N-nintendo can do no wrong! All hail the epic reggienator
>>
>26 posters
>33 replies

Sage for ruggashti
>>
>>282474463
WHAT DID YOU SAY NIGGAH?!
>>
>>282477962
>third party
A hurrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>282477962
That's not 3rd party. Nintencucks crack me up.
>>
>>282474463
They refused to make it a DRM box that wouldn't play used games.
>>
They kept consistently fucking third parties,

Lower storage mediums, poor third party development tools support, blah blah I could go on.

Everyone hates Nintendo.
>>
>>282478010
>>282478095
Are you retards implying that Nintendo owns platinum?
>>
For consoles third party support is virtually dead.
But they have had strong 3rd party support for handhelds. Even the 3DS today has some third party exclusives. Plus a good handful have gotten outside of Japan.

But for consoles, yeah, they've been wrecked.
>>
>>282474463
Sigh. Lemme get the pasta...
> "Let's get one thing straight: this is a nintendo box. It plays Nintendo games" - gamasustra
> Nintendo demographic only buys nintendo for its 1st party
> 3rd party games have traditionally (and have always) done poorly on Nintendo consoles
> Terrible hardware
> multiple issues with 3rd party dev and Nintendo support
> dat proprietary disc bullshit
> region locking
> ancient business practices like lp debacle, expensive dev kits, focusing on casual demographic.
> focusing on casual demographic (who have then moved on to mobile platforms)
>>
>>282474463
Because they refuse to change with the times and would rather rehash Mario 6 more times per gen, rather than gaining actual third party support without selling out.

Nintendo believes that if they change even the slightest bit to help persuade 3rd parties to join them, they will turn into microtransaction/DLC cancer like Microsoft and Sony.

Not to mention their hardware has always been a gen behind since the Wii, and they continue to brand themselves as a game company for the family and children. I'm not saying that they need to go full grimdark edgy 2cool4u like Sony does, but still, when you advertise yourself as family-oriented, a lot of people are not going to buy your console because they assume it's for kids only. Then your install base is small, and that makes 3rd parties not want to develop for you because they see it as an investment that won't make any profit.
>>
>>282479510
It's missing Nintendo's historically dogshit online features
>>
>>282478817
Question!
What's the best console to mod into a fleshlight?
>>
>>282474463
>Carts instead of CDs
>UMDs instead of CDs/DVDs
>Under powered waggle waggle instead of normal console
>Waggle waggle obsolete tablet instead of something more conventional.
>>
>>282479925
Wii. There's several tutorials to turn the wii nunchuck into a fleshlight it only cost me around 50 dollars. I had 2 made, one for me and my bro
>>
>>282475560
>>282475921
What are you even talking about? Consoles have finally moved to x86 architecture and the hardware is fine. It's honestly never been better.
>>
>>282479884
This. Holy fuck, their stance and usage of online gameplay is a goddamn joke.

They treat everyone like a CHILD with hysterically bad netcode for the most part atop of it.
>>
File: 1386108156972.jpg (30KB, 256x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1386108156972.jpg
30KB, 256x352px
>>282478817
>grandpa this upset over pushing the industry forward and making things easier

CGI is at an all-time high in quality now. In Tron: Legacy, it's hard to tell that young Flynn is CGI, though it is noticeable.

But if he's happy spending all that time and money and re-takes trying to make effects on the screen without fucking it all up and having to restart, then so be it. He'll be the only one salty as fuck when future movies come out that do effects and facial modifications 10x better than his blood bags and makeup.
>>
>>282475846
Literally the first fucking thing you see with google.
>>
>>282478904
They might as well.
>implying they won't be pulled in just like monolith soft was.
>>
>>282478904
Not yet, but soon most likely. Nintendo saved Monolithsoft they'll save Platinum when the worst happens (it pretty much has to, they don't get a lot of sales despite what you might think).
>>
File: Lurtz_Azog-450x219.jpg (30KB, 450x219px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lurtz_Azog-450x219.jpg
30KB, 450x219px
>>282480531
>CGI is at an all-time high in quality now.
And it still looks like shit and costs a shitload of money.
>>
File: face.png (70KB, 179x211px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
face.png
70KB, 179x211px
>>282474463
Because with each iteration of console, they continue to say fuck you every gen to 3rd parties.

N64
>carts that are expensive as fuck to make and don't have any benefits other than load times, can't hold more than 32MB
>3 hand controller

Gamecube
>retarded C stick for 2nd analog, with notched edges like the N64 instead of a clean circle
>miniDVDs
>no online play

Wii
>released halfway through the next-gen at the time with previous-gen hardware, marketed as "next-gen"
>waggle waggle controllers
>barely any storage space at all
>regular DVDs, not dual layer
>classic controller STILL has notched edge analog sticks with heavy resistance, making it almost impossible to aim in games that need it

WiiU
>marketed as next-gen halfway into the actual next-gen with previous-gen hardware again
>still barely any storage space
>kept the waggle waggle, and REMOVED analog triggers on the pro controller, killing any possibility of racing sims
>tablet controller that nobody asked for
>>
>>282480201
>>282481181

These niggas get it
>>
>>282480924
Miniatures + traditional SFX forever.

SFX peaked in the 80's.
>>
>>282480201
All kidding aside I would rather cartridges, for the consumer it's better. It's worse for publishers though so of course it got axed.

I mean sure cartridges couldn't hold as much but see the benefit was that

LOADING...
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.