[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw when /v/ unironically likes Dark Souls II now What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 38

File: DS2helm.png (1MB, 1364x647px) Image search: [Google]
DS2helm.png
1MB, 1364x647px
>mfw when /v/ unironically likes Dark Souls II now

What happened?
>>
>>276543476
You will be hard-pressed to find someone who took to DaS1 so well that considers 2 to be superior.
>>
>MFW WHEN /V/ USES MFW WHEN UNIRONICALLY
>>
>>276543476

/v/ is full of vidya hipsters, so since it's widely agreed upon that DS2 is trash compared to the first two games they have to now say they like it.
>>
>>276543707
Is this actually the popular opinion outside of /v/? I thought /v/ was the only place that saw 2 for what it was.
>>
>"ironically" liking things
You faggots never learn.
>>
File: 1409899038828.png (32KB, 702x503px) Image search: [Google]
1409899038828.png
32KB, 702x503px
>mfw on 4chan's anonymous image board on the /v/s
>>
>>276543476
Well, the DLC was pretty good, and that's most people's recent experience with the game.

I can't shake off that initial disappointment, but maybe it redeemed the game for some people.
>>
>>276543813

There's a lot of people who think DS2 is an inferior game to 1. /v/ just goes full "it's trash" with it tho, just like how they say the entire later half of DS1 is trash instead of just 2 areas being not good and the rest being fine
>>
its because nobody else likes dark souls II and there's a segment of /v/ that are mindless contrarians
>>
File: 1404686214629.jpg (51KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1404686214629.jpg
51KB, 625x626px
>tfw ironic memes are considered b8 by the non memers
>the non memers where just pretending to meme
>the b8 wasn't real and the non memers where memeing
>the meme was b8 the whole time but the non memers thought the meme wasn't ironic
>>
>/v/
No, two groups.
Sonyggers and Soulsfags.
>>
Ds1 has better and more compelling story and characters and hitboxes, also larger "epic" bosses.

DS2 has better combat.

I like them both and i hope DS2: Scholar of the first Sin fixes some of the fundamental problems of the game. I truly enjoy both games though, but DS1 was much more Grand.
>>
>play DaS2 right after DaS1
>fucking excited
>everything is inferior aside the lenghty playtime and better online connection
>people still say it's superior to the previous game

i really don't understand how they can think that way, and i'm being kind about it when i say it's just okay, if i hadn't found the controller fix that make the movement stick smooth like DaS1 i think i would have stopped at Majula a long time ago for the control being fucking clunky octagonal shit, and the second thing i hate about it is the fucked up weapon durability that doesn't last one minute unless you stay with crushing weapons.
>>
File: 19382830.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
19382830.png
20KB, 560x407px
After trying out Dark Souls 2 for the first time, it really isn't all that great. I never looked at any impressions of the game, since I wanted to go into the game dark. So I'm not sure how everyone else liked it.

I just didn't like the amount of enemies. They have so many enemies in a single room, that it's just annoying. Even the bosses have a few minions lurking around.
One of the bosses, is just enemies, with 3 main bosses in the room. 2 of the bosses, is just multiple bosses. What's with these high number of enemies? Shit makes it unenjoyable.

I went upstairs and found 6 exploding enemies in the room. I just came back from a room with 4 of them, and before 4 more. Just, fuck. I kill them easily, but it's still annoying.
I don't mind the halved health, or all the other changes. Just the amount of enemies. So I just find it decent.
>>
File: meme arrows memegenerator.jpg (46KB, 450x613px) Image search: [Google]
meme arrows memegenerator.jpg
46KB, 450x613px
>mfw OP's mom swallowed it all
>>
File: DmfrP2M.png (708KB, 750x645px) Image search: [Google]
DmfrP2M.png
708KB, 750x645px
>>276544646
I know you ain't talking shit about the Prowling Lich and the mother fucking Congregation.
>>
File: 1372918569598.gif (67KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1372918569598.gif
67KB, 207x207px
>>276543681
>mfw mfw has only been ironic for the past year
Newfriend...
>>
>/v/
>gameplay is the number one priority
>dark souls 1 is better because it had a better story and characters
Why is /v/ so hypocritical?
>>
File: 1408522001843.gif (1MB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
1408522001843.gif
1MB, 324x244px
So long as we're all funposting about dark souls here, is there a recommended soul level for the dlc content? I have a guy at like 250+SL I use for the brotherhood of blood arena, and I'm not so sure he'd be the best pick given how power leveled he is
>>
>>276545258
Dark Souls 1 had better level designs, which is huge.

I also preferred Dark 1 mechanics. I liked my overpowered parry, and not knowing about the absolute necessity of AGI the first go around in Dark 2 really soured the combat experience for me.
>>
>>276545298
That's probably fine. That's usually how high people are when they attempt it anyway. I did the DLC when I was 90-120, but then I played a jack of all trades so I was able to handle most situations. If you're going the melee route, you might need more points in health and stamina.
>>
>>276545135
>newfriend
>posts le epic doge meme
>>
>>276545258

Honestly, the gameplay in DS2 isn't better than 1's either, other than magic casting being much less clunky. The melee combat is inferior to DS1's which is the way most people go. Contrarians like to use power stancing as a reason as why DS2 is better but it's pretty poorly implemented and I've only really seen it in gimmick str builds. Also they fucked up poise to hell and back.
>>
>>276545475
So you're saying
>world design
>lore
>character
>gameplay
In that order
>>
I loved Demon's Souls
I loved Dark Souls
I didn't really care for DS2, didn't even manage to complete a playthrough
It's not a bad game, it was just a disappointment in comparison to its predecessors
>>
>>276545860
How is poise fucked up? It prevents giantdads from dominating low level pvp.
>>
>>276545939

Are you me?
>>
>>276543476
Tumblr and reddit happened

Admitting you like Dark Souls 2 is admitting you're a complete faggot with no taste.
>>
>>276545874
Level design is a big part of the gameplay.
>>
>>276544919
>implying that's not the worst boss design in souls games
>>
>>276546139
Sure, tell yourself that to mask the fact that despite all the bullshit you people say about "muh gameplay" it's only fourth in importance
>>
File: Christopher Nolan, genius.png (514KB, 489x594px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher Nolan, genius.png
514KB, 489x594px
>>276545939
demons souls has the worst bosses, least interesting boss mechanics, least varied and interestingly designed areas, the least balance, the worst weapon and armour design and variety, the least game length and replay value, the least interesting pvp choices, the worst graphics, the worst music in terms of production values, music that doesn't feel decent for the bosses in examples like the storm king/adjudicator/phalanx, least interesting world layout design in that it's level based and segmented, a lack of interesting characters, a barebones story that fails to be very interesting and has the worst gameplay mechanics and feeling through the controls compared to other souls games.

Really, it amazes me that people still hold Demons souls to such a high regard when the ONLY positive it has compared to the other to is that the atmosphere of a few of the levels was slightly better than the sequels.

>>276543476
Demons souls is a boring, unfinished, uninspired kings field derivative with a less imaginative director who didn't really know what he was doing.

Dark souls was somewhat more realised and interesting, but still lacked focus and was generally uninteresting due to a huge rushed schedule.

Dark souls 2 is a polished, quality game that bought back core values of what makes games like this truly special, and I for one congratulate the team and Naotoshi Zin on accomplishing that.
>>
The only part I really hated was the Basilika and the Kings Castle.

Aside from that I enjoyed the game just as much as the first one or DeS.

The 3 DLCs were also pretty great, aside from copypasted big man with twohander/two onehanders again and again.

I agree on a severe lack of bigass monster bosses though
>>
File: souls reac.jpg (312KB, 2500x760px) Image search: [Google]
souls reac.jpg
312KB, 2500x760px
Dark Souls 2 is a worse game than Dark Souls, but its still pretty good

The DLC is closer to DaS in quality
>>
>>276545860
DaS2 poise was a better system. Granting super armor for certain attacks meant you could still play like a tank, but it prevented the total retardation of people walking through attacks to get backstabs.

>>276546341
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>276546382
>least interesting boss mechanics
I disagree
>>
File: shibiface.png (190KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
shibiface.png
190KB, 480x480px
>>276545618
>responding seriously to bait
Anon...
>>
File: Mug of genius.jpg (63KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
Mug of genius.jpg
63KB, 360x200px
>mfw dark souls 2 is by far the best game in the series
>mfw the music is by FAR the most thematically fitting of the series and actually represents boss movements and tactics incredibly well
>mfw the level design is condensed with fun and consistent enemy placement
>mfw the pvp isn't barren and desolate because soul memory removes wooden level restrictions and you can invade hollows now
>mfw the weapon design, armour design and relative abundance of said things is the most consistent of the series in quality throughout the game
>mfw the atmospheric value of areas such as drangleic castle, shrine of amana and undead crypt including the other varieties of areas we were given, were simply outstanding for the relative problem from software have of succesfully putting atmospheric experience in their game design.
>mfw the bosses are the fairest and least mechanically bugged in the series as of yet.
>mfw the game offers the biggest quality of any vanilla souls title so far
>mfw the dlc for this game is coming out as post game completion created content, unlike artorias of the abyss which was ripped from pre-development
>mfw the only reason there is a massive wankforce is because people are having the same transition from demons souls whereby they realise just how uncreative from software are with their sequels and extended series
>mfw people might ACTUALLY think that demons souls is an original game
>mfw people are actually delusional enough to claim dark souls 1 is a better game than dark souls 2.
>mfw people actually claim that demons souls is anything other than the less realised bland skeleton the future souls games massively improved upon thematically.
>>
>>276546382
too obvious/19
>>
>>276545874
Considering "world design" affects pvp, affects build variety, affects game route variety, affects how you play in the levels themselves, you have a really limited interpretation of what "gameplay" is
>>
>>276546437
What's between DaS and Artorias DLC?
And what's the last one?
>>
>>276543476
>The majority of people enjoy Dark Souls II and see how it improves some things over the original while having flaws of its own.
>/v/ contrarian faggots shit on it non-stop.

What the fuck are you talking about OP?
The majority of /v/ still wants to be that special snowflake that hates popular games and nitpicks and bitches about petty shit all the time.
>>
>>276546546
Stop posting this bad pasta
>>
>>276546546
>>276546565

Not him, but same applies to you
>>
>>276546610
Filled Lordvessel, so I guess it's saying that the ending was disappointing? Which is fair enough.

Last one's Sir Alonne, optional boss in the second DLC for Dark 2.
>>
>>276543476
Shitposters moved on.
>>
>>276546610
Demon's Souls -> Dark Souls (pre-lordvessel) -> Dark Souls (post lord vessel) -> Dark Souls dlc -> Dark Souls 2 -> learning about the DS2 dlc -> actually playing the DS2 dlc
>>
>>276546604
I fail to see how world design even factors into all that. LBP has better level designs than Mario, but Mario has better game mechanics. There's a clear difference, bruh. Just admit that gameplay in the souls series doesn't matter as much as you people say it does.
>>
>>276546781
But DS2 looks better than DaS

the shitty level design is the problem
>>
File: thanks consoles.jpg (400KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thanks consoles.jpg
400KB, 1280x720px
>>276546546
I don't understand people like you. After the masterpiece that was Dark Souls, you accept DaS2? With the graphical downgrades, the unpredictable AI, the cheap enemy placement?
>>
>>276546546
>shockwave bosses
>reskinned enemies made into bosses
>chaos magic 1-shotting everyone in pvp regardless of resists
I'll give you an 8 though, since you probably typed that all out.
>>
>>276546917
Seems to me like you just wanted an easier game
>>
>all the retards defending this shit game when it first released
I tried to warn you
>>
>>276546917
You put DaS on such a ridiculous pedestal that you weren't able to enjoy DS2

I honestly feel bad for you
>>
>>276546781
>LBP
>better level design

Except that's wrong. The gameplay in mario revolves entirely around the level design.
>>
>>276546992
He didn't. That appears in most Souls threads that criticize DaS2.
>>
>>276547007
There's a difference in DaS's fair difficulty and DaS2's cheap difficulty. It feels like FromSoft tried to ride out the souls reputation as "TOO HARD" so they lazily made DaS2.
>>
>>276546528

>gets exposed for being a retard

but I was just baiting haha, gotcha!
>>
>>276545135
>year
>>
File: 1296572469893.jpg (37KB, 283x245px) Image search: [Google]
1296572469893.jpg
37KB, 283x245px
>>276543476
>mfw the final DLC will literally FIX EVERYTHING
>>
>>276547160
That wasn't my experience with the game

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it
>>
>>276547160
Okay, I thought you were bad at the game, but now I know. None of the shit in Dark Souls 2 feels cheap.
>>
File: 8BhFv8S.jpg (279KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
8BhFv8S.jpg
279KB, 1500x1500px
>>276547067
This.

Apparently people felt DaS1 was some sort of oeuvre when it's really just a solid ARPG.

>>276547160
Nah you're just a whiny little bitch. DaS2 tried harder to fuck with you and you responded by crying and bitching like a little scrublord bitch
>>
Pcfats realized they're stuck with B team scraps, so they'll pretend ds2 isn't awful
>>
>>276546772
AoTA > Post-lordvessel

please get this shit taste the FUCK out of here
>>
File: Genius at work.jpg (2MB, 6144x4088px) Image search: [Google]
Genius at work.jpg
2MB, 6144x4088px
>>276547160
DaS has bullshit mobs everywhere, insta kill enemies, crabs before seath, skeletons in the tombs, ghosts among many, many others, not to mention the bed of chaos.

By comparison Dark Souls 2 is much, MUCH better well balanced in a lack of bullshit difficulty moments.

You can fuck off with the "le bamco diffucluaty rooin muh gam devlpmnt xD" shit as well.
>>
>>276547247
Well thanks for not being an asshole like the others.
I mean hey, I was legit excited for DaS2 when it came out but it just didn't live up to what I thought it would be. I'm even still playing it now, trying to give it a chance.
>>
>>276547327

>pcfats
>b team scraps

new buzzwords?
>>
File: Animal Crossing.jpg (70KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
Animal Crossing.jpg
70KB, 474x600px
>>276546437
I must be the only one on this board who thought everything from filling the Lordvessel onward was just as good.

That feeling of uncertainty from dropping into The Abyss to fight The Four Kings was palpable.
>>
Elder God Tier:
Dark Souls (pre-lordvessel)

God Tier:
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 2 DLC
Dark Souls DLC

Meh Tier:
Dark Souls 2

Shit Tier:
Dark Souls (post-lordvessel)
>>
>>276547007

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls were pretty fair in its difficulty for the most part.

Dark Souls II throws all sorts of cheap bullshit in your path to try to make the game harder. Like the abundance of a bunch of fucking enemies littering a room, or the crossbowmen right near the the Lost Sinner bonfire, or that time an ogre blasts through that one door when you had no way of knowing it would happen. At least with the dragons in the past game you got hints, the scorched bodies, you saw a dragon flying around earlier, ect.
>>
File: dark souls never had ambushes.jpg (953KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls never had ambushes.jpg
953KB, 1920x1080px
>>276547490
Just ignore him

Soulsfags will never ever admit that DaS suffered from the some of the same flaws that they bitch about in DS2. At least not while any degree of subjectivity exists.
>>
>>276547490
>crabs before seath

You could literally run past them.
>>
File: 1418853566260.jpg (45KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1418853566260.jpg
45KB, 500x281px
I'm waiting for definitive version to buy it, but I played it for a few minutes on PS3 and it seemed fun.
>>
>>276547546
I thought most of it was fine but Lost Izalith can go fuck itself.

Sure it's only like twenty minutes long if that, but it is a shockingly ugly, infuriatingly boring that is clearly unfinished.
>>
>>276546917
>With the graphical downgrades, the unpredictable AI, the cheap enemy placement?
>muh graffix
So you never played a from game then.
>unpredictable AI
This is a bad thing?
>cheap enemy placement
Please tell me where this happens. I cant think of a single place outside the DLC that is cheap. The ONLY "cheap" fight in the game is the giant rat-wolf and its buddies unless you count the DLC.

DeS was fun and had good difficulty. DaS was fun and had good difficulty but felt too easy sometimes, the DLC was a great challenge though. DaS2 was good and got a little hard at the end, the DLC took the difficulty way past anything else in souls yet was still only moderately challenging after you got proficient.
>>
>>276546781

>PVP
affects how you can wait to ambush people, how constrained or open fighting is, how you can escape if you're invaded

>routes
Did you play DaS? The options you have from the get go and what you choose to do when is a huge deal. Because instant warping and basically linear worlds there's no commitment factor

>Build Variety
Also tied into having limited access to equipment or exploiting areas

>how you play the levels themselves
bland levels means there isn't much to do in them.

Also all of the pvp stuff is wrecked by soul memory which is a shitty "gameplay"mechanic
>>
>>276547628
>Like the abundance of a bunch of fucking enemies littering a room
Happens literally all the fucking time in DaS1
>the crossbowmen right near the the Lost Sinner bonfire
Yeah, that's one of the dumbest things in the game. The bonfire should have a wall to keep you safe from them.
> that time an ogre blasts through that one door when you had no way of knowing it would happen
So you take a hit, run off like a little bitch, heal up and move on with your life. What's the big deal?
>>
>>276547546
see
>>276544087
>>
>>276547664
>Can cheese them from on high
>Who the fuck even cares about the greater divine ember
>>
That area before the rotten has to be the single shittiest area in the whole series and I really wonder who the fuck thought it was acceptable.
>>
>>276547503
I've found ways to enjoy DS2
Mostly it involves creating low level characters and using CE to get Red Eye Orbs and keep my SM at a reasonable place.

The Gutter is too much fun to invade
I also love invading the bell towers to help hosts fight off the bell bongs
>>
>>276547628
>wahh I can't handle more than two enemies at a time
>wahh I don't know how to run away from encounters
>wahh I don't know how to dodge
That's what you sound like, nigga. Seriously, git fucking gud
>>
>>276547490
None of those are bad you fucking moron, and the only insta kill in the whole game is mandatory for progression and can be bypassed with a ring
>>
File: DS1.jpg (65KB, 522x640px) Image search: [Google]
DS1.jpg
65KB, 522x640px
>>276547867
>>
>>276547546
The amount of content after lowing the water was a joke.

The end was small, not bad. Only izalith was downright terrible. I also didnt ike the totg either but thats more because its a bland as fuck corridor.
>>
>>276547867
>>276547756
look, you're making excuses

Would you do the same thing for DS2?
>>
File: 1339726546370.jpg (20KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1339726546370.jpg
20KB, 429x410px
Dark Souls 1 and 2 are equally shitty or equally great depending how you look at it. They both have their flaws but they also have their advantages.
>>
File: Lost Izalith.jpg (191KB, 640x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Izalith.jpg
191KB, 640x1200px
>>276547768
You didn't like Dinosaur Ass Land?
>>
>>276547937

Are you retarded, people can deal with mobs, hell I wouldn't have gotten through Dark Souls 2 if I couldn't. The problem is dealing with them is the most tedious fucking shit ever and it's just lazy design to throw a bunch of enemies in the same room to mob the player as a way to make the game more "difficult"
>>
>>276548063
No, one is shit and one is good.
>>
>>276547756
because you can't run past enemy mobs in DS2

Even the guards before Veldstadt in Undead Crypt you could bait into swinging and then just roll past them.
But apparently that shit is unforgivable when DS2 does it.
>>
>>276546992
Hex magic was the dumbest fucking shit and it had no reason to exist either.

>Sorcery - Heavy DEEPS magic school with limited utility.
>Faith - Heavy utility magic school with limited damage.
>Pyromancy - Supposed to be a weaker, mixed version of the two that everyone can use regardless of stats.

Then Hexes, which did the most damage and had the best buffs/debuffs, came out and ruined it all.
>>
>>276548054

Yeah, if there were more valid excuses to make.
>>
>>276543476
It's the /v/ cycle. Eventually the people who knee-jerk hate everything shut up and let reasonable people speak.
>>
File: 1393905060969.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1393905060969.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
>>276547164
>responding to my countercounterbait
Neocitizen...
>>
>>276548261
>But apparently that shit is unforgivable when DS2 does it.

Who said that? People only have problems with the frequency of mobs in DS2 because it's annoying to fight them and just easier to run past. I don't remember doing that anywhere as much in Demon's or Dark Souls.
>>
>>276547989
>hollows in undead burg
>balder knights
>torch zombies

The fuck is this list
>>
>>276548292
Bruh, specializing in hexes meant you had shit stats in everything else.
>>
>>276548305
Hey look, a degree of subjectivity

I guess DaS must be flawless.
>>
>>276548471
Dark souls ambushing type situations
>>
>>276548192
You obviously can't deal with them or you wouldn't be fucking bitching about it.
>>
>>276548192
see>>276547989
Blown the fuck out forever and for all time.
>>
>>276548445
you don't remember running past mobs in Souls games?

I guess we had very different playstyles.
>>
File: 1384023312100.jpg (145KB, 393x378px) Image search: [Google]
1384023312100.jpg
145KB, 393x378px
DS1 is better than DS2 as is including dlc. But there's a decent chance that once the "fix the entire fucking game" patch is released for DS2, it will become equal or better than DS1. It really does depend on just how good the patch is and how much it includes in terms of fixes and npc additions.
>>
>>276545298
I hear the DLC scales with your character's Soul Memory or SL.

Seems pretty fucking stupid to me, but I wouldn't put it past From.
>>
>>276548507

No it's not but the flaws stick out a fuck of a lot more in DS2 because the experience isn't as good overall. It makes people less willing to ignore them and harp on them. I can tell you I had a problem with DS2 as early as participating in the beta tests. It just didn't feel as good, and it's not like I was expecting some fucking masterpiece, I just expected DS1 with more content and dual weilding and the additions other than the less clunky magic casting were pretty meh.
>>
>>276548554

That's really fucking reaching
>>
File: angora12.jpg (23KB, 417x317px) Image search: [Google]
angora12.jpg
23KB, 417x317px
People really don't want to admit that DaS suffered from a lot of the same flaws as DS2

I'm not sure why they're so against. I was able to enjoy DS2, despite my disappointment. If you gloss over all the flaws in DaS, you're only hurting your ability to enjoy DS2. The only person who loses is you.

I bet there are people on this board who convinced themselves that the DS2 dlc was shit.
>>
File: hollow backhand.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px)
hollow backhand.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>276548476
You could say the same about Sorcery but in reality, because of Soul Memory, levels meant nothing and you weren't restricted by a soul level like in DaS1. That's why Havelhexers existed.

Back in 5 minutes, gotta go buy milk.
>>
>>276548445
You are treating 2 exact situation with 2 different reaction.
In DaS you face them diligently, over and over again, knowing their composition and learning their attack pattern.
While in DaSII you went in with 'this is shit' mentality, quickly feel infuriated and you concluded that the game felt cheap and wrong.

Its all in your head anon, its all in your head.
>>
Is SM gone yet?
>>
>>276548841
Oh, like saying Dark souls 2 is unfair isn't reaching. Dark souls literally had a situation where you had to die to progress. The game forces you to die. What's up with that?
>>
File: nashandra.jpg (111KB, 753x920px) Image search: [Google]
nashandra.jpg
111KB, 753x920px
>>276548292

The sad thing is that they nerfed faith into oblivion, before I could get 27 casts for lighting spear with good damage, I could kill nashandra very fast when helping other players.

Now I can get at most 9 casts and even those 9 casts will take only 25% of nashandra health.

I know people were shitting themselves in pvp because of faith builds, but it was really necessary to ruin faith builds forever while hexes fags can still dish out such huge damage with no problem?
>>
>>276548829
>it's not like I was expecting some fucking masterpiece, I just expected DS1
but DS1 was a masterpiece
>>
>>276548775
>"fix the entire fucking game"

Mind explaining what this 'fix' is anon?
>>
>>276548775
But they can't fix the entire game of DS2. Not without changing the map design and enemy placement in virtually every single fucking pre-DLC area. They don't have the time, resources, or proper incentive to bother.
>>
>>276548476
Nope.
Still fucking up PvP.
>>
>>276548593

A lot of those are REALLY reaching, man.
>>
>>276549008
>still bitching about enemy placement
>Its OK if I don't remember DaS or DeS doing it
>>
>>276549048
No they aren't. At all. People whine about similar shit in DaS2 all the fucking time.
>>
Don't worry OP, I ironically put 50+ hours into the game, so its okay.
>>
In a couple years we'll have 18 year olds who unironically post Halo in nostalgia threads and act like they were actually good games.
>>
File: earthen peak volc.png (217KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
earthen peak volc.png
217KB, 1280x688px
There are people on this board who let a single nonsensical stage progression upset them so much that they're still complaining about it.
>>
DaSII is a good game.
The only mistakes their made is trying to market it as a sequel to DaS when it is anything but that.

Now we have DaS babby's whining because it isn't the game they wanted it to be.
>>
>>276548912
>Its all in your head anon, its all in your head.

If it was just "all in my head" Why wouldn't I have felt that way about the other two fucking games, anon? You can't call nostalgia goggles or I'd be praising DeS on how much better of a game it is than DS1, I like DS1 more than DeS. I feel like it's inferior and don't want to deal with shit because it IS and is less fun.
>>
>>276549285
How did you manage to convince yourself that that's actually the case?
>>
>>276549119

They kinda are, keep defending your inferior sequel tho.
>>
>all these das2 apologists in this thread
what the fuck
>>
>>276549356
You are presented with an almost the same exact situation yet you treated both of them differently anon.
>>
>>276548908
Specializing in magic meant you were pumping points into one stat, two at most. That mean you could still have high int, and moderate attunement, moderate STR, and moderate stamina. You were good far away and could still hold your own in close range. But specializing in hexes meant you had to pump int, faith, and attunement. That meant you were seriously handicapped when it came to melee.
>>
The DLC was even harder and you got mobbed just as much. Yet you all strangely claim it was great, when the major improvements only lied in the complexity of the areas.

>But the other man on the internet also said the DLC was better.

And he was right, doesn't mean all the "problems" people claim to have with DaS2 are magically gone.

Spineless parroting faggots.
>>
Things that DS2 did right:
Soul Vessels
Ascetics were a great way to extend the life of bro-op
A weapon upgrade system that encourages experimentation
A handful of bosses (Executioner's Chariot, Freya, Smelter Demon, Looking Glass Knight, Velstadt)
A handful of areas (Lost Bastille, The Gutter, No-Man's Wharf)
Pretty much everything in the DLC that wasn't the "challenge areas"

Things that DS2 did wrong:
Anybody could tell you that
>>
>>276549561

I know right? I'm convinced it's basically just like ridleyfags where they know he's not getting in (or in DS2fags case that the game is inferior to 1) but they want to play devil's advocate and try to dismantle the opposition's arguments because they want to be contrarians.
>>
>>276548775
Shrine of Amana alone makes DS1 the superior game.
>>
>>276543476
The only thing I hate is how I'm going to have to buy the re-release.

Thanks a bunch Fromsoft.
>>
>>276547490
>>276547756
>crabs

those were fucking clams you mooks
>>
>>276549356
Then why do I feel differently?
>>
File: Rampant genius.png (323KB, 296x598px) Image search: [Google]
Rampant genius.png
323KB, 296x598px
See the reason why Dark Souls 2 was such a phenomenally fantastic game was because of a core design choice that was applied not only to the bosses, but the rest of the game as well:

1. The game must be constantly challenging.
2. The game must never be unfair.
3. The game must always be inventive.

This design philosophy is largely the reason why Dark Souls 2 was such an unprecedented masterpiece, I wish somehow I could go back and play it all over again for the first time.
>>
>>276548992
Holy shit, this.

Both Hexes and Sorcery are still as OP as they ever were. There isn't a single weapon in the game that gets S rank, or even A rank scaling in Lightning anymore. Defender's Greatsword is fucking worthless now.

And why in the actual fuck does From keep nerfing all the heavy, slow weapons? Meanwhile, Katanas and Straight Swords get buffed so pokefest PvP can continue.
>>
>>276549787
How do I stop being a mindless sheep?
>>
>>276549661

Yeah there's a reason for that, the entire game isn't as fun or fair to fight in, and the frequency of enemy mobs is much greater and the mobs are more abundant in enemies so it just gets tedious and you don't want to deal with the shit anymore. At least most of the enemy mobs in DS1 were full of enemies that could be killed in 1-2 hits and the level design made it easier to deal with them.
>>
>>276549958
those are all subjective judgements
Just because you feel that something is unfair does not make it so
>>
I wonder how extensive changes will be in Scholar of the first sin.

Will they change the level design a bit? Particularly Heide's.
>>
>>276549820
>The Gutter, No-Man's Wharf

How could you enjoy those areas.

How the fuck could ANYONE enjoy those areas.

No-Man's Wharf, okay it has the ship but the gutter is a complete clusterfuck
>>
>>276546437
I agree completely until das2 dlc, I've yet to play it.
>>
>>276549898

Because you have shit taste? either that or you don't actually fell that way and are just playing devil's advocate on the internet.
>>
>>276547342
Those are progression arrows from the image, you bangin' donk.
>>
>>276546437
Great shields break dark souls 1, but they don't in DS2.

So from a boss difficulty standpoint DS2 wins.
>>
>>276547242
>>276548775
swindler of the first cash grab isn't really a patach, the patch will only include some of the new stuff

you won't be able to even play on the same server as people with the rerelease.they haven't even said anything about soul memory so you really shouldn't get your hopes up for this shit
>>
>>276550083
Like I said.

You went into DaS with a positive mentality, you accept these hordes of enemies as challenges and tediously learn their position and attack until you could easily predict their movement and cheese them through.
Its the opposite of what you did when you went into DaS2.
>>
>>276550424
Testify brother!

Seriously. Thank you for saying this. I've felt the same way about DaS2 haters for a long time.
>>
>>276550424
>Its the opposite of what you did when you went into DaS2.

Not really, I went into the beta with a pretty positive outlook and it disappointed me. If I have a not positive outlook on the game when I went into it with the same mindset I had when I went from DeS to DS1, than it's the game's fault I don't like it.
>>
>>276547490
>By comparison Dark Souls 2 is much, MUCH better well balanced in a lack of bullshit difficulty moments.

>Undead Crypt
>like 7 Syan Knights before the fog gate
>if the undead rings the bell, like 4 Purple ghost magic spamming fucks appear
>two of the knights refuse to step down from the staircase leading to the boss
>you can be interrupted from entering a fog gate now for some fucking reason

>NG+ and onwards
>every fucking 500 feet there is a red phantom with 5000 HP and 800AR
>this is fun

>Huntsman's Copse
>pathway to the Chariot Boss
>4 Torturers and a faggot Red Phantom on the pathway there
>in NG+ they're all red phantoms, and they added a red phantom frankenstein's monster sickle shit
>good design
>>
>>276550195
You don't appreciate the work that goes into designing a level, that's all I can tell you.

Invading the Gutter really gives you me a feel for how intelligently it's designed. It makes great use of vertical space, and almost always gives you an method of looping back to the beginning. Its one of the only areas in DS2 that actually takes advantage of the darkness system, where you encouraged to create landmarks via the torches (it also looks gorgeous once you've got them all lit up).

No-Man's Wharf almost felt like a Demon's Souls stage. It only had one bonfire and it was full of organic little shortcuts. The way they introduce the darkdwellers and their gimmick is another really cool touch that I feel most gamers will miss out on if they aren't paying attention.
>>
>>276550283
Be honest now, how do you know that you don't have shit taste yourself?
>>
>>276550236
Not him, but I wouldn't say it beats the DaS DLC, but it is a great deal better than the base game. But I didn't dislike DaS2 as much as most people seem to have. I don't think its overall quality is very far behind DaS, just that DaS was more of a roller-coaster. Everything until the lordvessel was just so much better than anything in 2, but after that it just had the archives and the bosses. Though I do loathe the shitty roll and lackluster rings in 2.
>>
>>276551007

I don't try to herald an inferior sequel as somehow better than the first when it obviously is an inferior experience?
>>
DS2 dlc gives me hope for B Team

I think DS2 was the result of poor management and planning, more than anything. If DS3 becomes a thing, I think B Team will learn from some of their mistakes.
>>
>>276549992
It's not balanced for PvP.
>>
File: 1389720615837.jpg (15KB, 571x640px) Image search: [Google]
1389720615837.jpg
15KB, 571x640px
>>276543476
>mfw don't like any of the souls games
>>
File: 1404715100923.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404715100923.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>276544519
>ds2 has better combat

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>276551159
>the game is a piece of shit because I say so and I fantastic taste
>I have fantastic taste because I recognize that this game is a piece of shit

Just be open to the fact that your opinion can easily be swayed by outside factors.
Everybody who disagrees with you does not have shit taste. Nor are they lying or trying to trick you.
>>
File: 1414588664442.jpg (108KB, 900x885px) Image search: [Google]
1414588664442.jpg
108KB, 900x885px
>>276551380
>mfw you're a faggot
>>
>>276551380
What games do you like, anon?
>>
>>276551380

They're not for everyone. I don't mean that in some "LOL TOO TOUGH FOR U GIT GUD LEL" way, Then again you could say that about any game series.
>>
>>276545874
level design is a part of the gameplay you fucking pleb
>>
DaS is better than DS2
DaS is not as flawless as everybody makes it out to be, and suffers from a lot of the same problems as DS2

I don't think there's much else to say on the matter.
>>
>>276551308
It's not balanced for PvE either

>pretty much every boss in the main game is extremely weak to either lightning or strike damage
>most of the time it's both.
>>
>>276551537
prison architect, rolly coaster tycoon 3, and divinity original sin are what i'm playing right now
>>
>>276543476
I always liked DS2. Deal with it, nerd.
>>
>>276547756
This. Seath is the boss I had by far the most trouble with, easily 20+ deaths. I've never died by the clams the 5 or so times I cleared that room, or even taken damage the 15+ times I just ran past them.
>>
>>276551659
you have to either keep your complaints up to date, or else stop talking about DS2

Lightning got nerfed to oblivion ever since the DLC
>>
DeS>DaS2>DaS1
>>
FUCK YOU
>>
>>276551710
>rolly coaster tycoon 3

People still play that? I had an itch earlier today to reinstall 2 but I didn't for some reason.
>>
How can the flaws in DS1 and 2 be corrected, and do you have faith that they will be fixed when DS3 is made?
>>
Das 1 and Das 2 both have pros and cons

anyone who thinks that either are inherently bad games is a shit poster or is trying to fit in so hard that they have deluded themselves into thinking the shit posters arent just shit posting

i think dark souls 1 was superior in terms of setting/atmosphere but dark souls 2 was superior in terms of mechanics and functionality, especially the net code
>>
To all the people who bitch about the mobs in Dark Souls 2.

You are all poor tacticians.

You are poor tacticians, because if you were aware of your arsenal, you'd realize that every situation where there's a "mob" there's an opportunity to snipe.

Yes, this Dark Souls emphasized long-ranged play as part of your overall strategy to defeating mobs. If you don't snipe, you have to deal with "cheap" fights, or what I would call, "poor life choices"

Seriously, the game gives you Long bows, short bows, crossbows, repeating crossbows and great crossbows, miracles, hexes, magics, pretty much what you need to handle any mob.

Riddle me this, how is it cheap when you actually have everything you need to defeat the enemy? It's not the game's fault for you not being cognizant of your own arsenal. Only a fool goes into a battle ill-prepared, and it turns out most of you need to git gud
>>
>>276551809
It's still effective against most bosses in the main game, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>276551894
I think it's the perfect tycoon game. I hope they don't rape the new one too hard.
>>
>>276551858
Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the leather club is two blocks down
>>
>>276551957

>The game's good as long as you play in the most cheap as fuck way and abuse and exploit the game's flaws!

Cancer
>>
The thing I hate about DS2 is how it's all about the hard difficulty. The Souls games aren't about that, but once Miyazaki left, Namco and the rest fo the time decided to turn the hard difficulty into a gimmick. Before it if you died, it was your own fault. The punishing enemies was part fo the game, there to make you questions thing and add to the atmosphere. In DS2, the enemies are more along the lines of being cheap which of course ramps up the difficulty but takes away from what the Souls games truly are about.
>>
>>276543476
It's not as good as the first one or Demon's Souls, but I still enjoyed it. You don't have to totally hate something just because it wasn't quite as good as you'd hoped.
>>
>YOU WILL DIE
>OVER AND OVER AGAIN
das2 in a nutshell
>>
What happens is, the lurkers that got tired of all the shit posting are able to start posting over time because the shit posters have moved onto the flavor of the month to shit post on. This month its Dragon Age. Next time it'll be any other AAA game that comes out that has faults to it and the beat goes on and on.
>>
>>276551957
That's horseshit. I just ran around with the giant's ring and a greatsword and it was piss easy to just charge in anywhere like an idiot, take out two or three guys to even out the odds and then chug endless lifegems before moving on. There's no reason to play conservative, the game even encourages you to play fast and loose or you get overwhelmed by their pure numbers.

Hell, the same goddamn tactic worked just fine with a rapier without a shield and the base, unupgraded explorer's armor. There's nothing tactical about it. nor is there in the first, you just circlestrafe until a single guy attacks and parry his ass, or backstab
>>
>rolling is now a stat to be leveled
Why?
>>
>>276552208
Multiple enemy fights just encourage you to use the terrain intelligently and split them up. I never saw why people get so upset over them.
>>
>>276551957
Nobody\ likes using hexes, magic, or bows because they're boring as fuck to use. Better to just place enemies in a way so the player can decide how he wants to take them down.
>>
>>276552208

How does stupidity function at a level in which one can operate a computer?

Nothing you said is smart. If you'd like a full explanation of why, I'd be glad to educate you. Otherwise, remain an imbecile.
>>
>>276552423
>not adding shields to that list
It's like you enjoy being bored.
>>
>>276552353
I have no fucking clue why Fromsoft did this. And what in the fuck is the point of natural poise?
>>
>>276552379

You mean in Dark Souls 1 they did, in DS2 they don't really.There are too many enemies that can be cheesed by just going into bow mode and just backing up and shooting them till their AI resets and they give up.
>>
>>276552549
>upgrade your weapon
>upgrade attack stats, or not, elemental is just as good
>upgrade your health or endurance if you really want to, I guess
Leveling in DaS felt a little underwhelming, but this was not a good way to deal with it.
>>
>>276552505
Oh, my bad.
Forgot to add that.
>people who turtle the entire game
Disgusting.
>>
>>276552629
>You mean in Dark Souls 1 they did, in DS2 they don't really
I was encouraged to do it because its more fun that way

Also be honest with yourself, Bows were just as cheesy in DaS. Don't hold the games to different standards.
>>
Dark souls 2 is better than 99% of the garbage that is released nowadays. I don't get how you can like part 1 and hate 2, they are so similar. Stop acting like such fucking autists and enjoy a game for what it is.
>>
I tried to play Dark Souls 2.
I beat Dark Souls 1 with pyromancer build, with starter axe and claymore. But I am 4 hours into DSII, and I still haven't beat Pursuer. I am kind of annoyed by it honestly since you dont start with 10 estus anymore, it just makes everything so tedious. I don't want to grind for lifegems for christ's sake.

Fuck this game
>>
>>276552629
Or going in with a halberd, spin to win. Or a greatsword, or a great club, or a regular club, or a rapier, or anything really.

The stone ring is way overpowered, it lets you take out a single guy at the start pretty much no matter what. And those that don't work for can usually be backstabbed easily. Like the standard guys in the green DLC.
>>
>>276552831
This is exactly my experience.
>>
>>276543707
This guy gets it. /v/ is just hipsters who like to think they have better taste than the masses, because if they don't have good taste in vidya then they have nothing redeemable about themselves.
>>
>>276552816
Why do you care so much whether I enjoy DS2?

Just be happy that you enjoyed it
>>
File: You know.jpg (86KB, 698x904px) Image search: [Google]
You know.jpg
86KB, 698x904px
>>276552348

No, you simply chose the barbarian route of gameplay. It can work, but it's not optimized. I will repeat, your strategy can work.

>>276552423
>>276552756

Your opinions, I've a suggestion
>>
>>276552796
>Bows were just as cheesy in DaS. Don't hold the games to different standards.

No they fucking aren't. You didn't used to be able to just back up and take shots at them with the frequency you can in DS2, it makes a lot of big enemy encounters piss easy.
>>
>>276552890
>using the halberd in Dark Souls 2
Fucking useless since half the attacks hit twice and the weapon breaks in 5 uses because of the 60FPS bug.
>>
>>276543476
it was always good. DeS > DaS2 >>> DeS
>>
>>276543476
they realized that dark souls 2 not being like dark souls 1 was a good thing because dark souls 1 was shit
>>
>>276552831
Level your ADP until you have at least 95 AGL, and ideally 100 AGL

It will make the game so much more fun, trust me.
>>
>>276552379
sniping to pull single mobs isn't fun retard, its boring as fuck.

If a game required me to build half-finished levels by code in order to finish it, you think this is fun? sure its an exercise in intelligence, but it isn't fucking fun.

Learn the difference.
>>
>>276552745
Yeah, I feel as if they were really trying to diversify how you spent your points in this game, what with all the stats that are tied together for a particular attribute like natural poise of agility.

However, tying dodge roll i-frames to any stat was a fucking retarded decision.
>>
>>276543476
>mfw op unironically eats gooch
>>
>>276544087
When dies that half start? I'm at Orstein and Smough now

By far one of the coolest boss fight I've experienced in video games
>>
>>276553185
It's retarded though because it just adds more stats that EVERYBODY is going to level to a certain extent.

>When everyone is super, nobody will be.
>>
>>276553095
What does that even mean

I hate that too. Why cant I just mouse over the stats and then something pops up saying what it does? This purposefully obtuse shit isn't charming, its fucking stupid
>>
>>276552831

>Grinding for lifegems
>Mad that you don't start with 10 estus

Why don't you roll and block? This game is entirely dependent on your level of skill, you die because you aren't playing well. If you are getting hit that much that you need to grind lifegems it's because you aren't blocking well, and you aren't rolling well.

Stop blaming the game for how inadequate you are at two vital aspects of the game.
>>
>>276553116
I think you're confused

Look at the Royal Guard ambush in Bastille. If you really observe the environment, you start to see little design touches they added to help you mitigate the onslaught of enemies. For that encounter, you could drop off the platform and look back around to spread them out.
>>
>>276553195

Right after that. The Crystal Cave and Lost Izalith are rushed and just bad areas. The rest are fine.
>>
>>276552976

I'm sorry that I prefer dodge rolling and melee combat to exploiting shitty enemy path finding with long range attacks and turtling the entire game with a Tower Shield.
>>
>>276552756
Official tier list:
Fun
>dual wield with no range, caestus, daggers etc
>fencer
>a two handed halberd, longsword, spear or claymore
Stupid easy
>a two handed comically oversized weapon
Stupid easy but good looking.
>heater shield equivalent and a reasonable weapon, longsword or such
Masochist
>anything with armor heavier than the knights set
Doesn't even want to play the game, thinks it'll give him gay mer cred
>greatshields, a bow on swap, miracles, sorceries or hexes
Special ed tier
>avelyn
>>
>>276553195
That's the peak.
>>
Things i hate about DaS2

>>statting roll i-frames, and not somehow telling you exactly what each number does, do they even know why numbers are used?
>>all combat animations suck compared to DaS1. They even fucked up the parry, now its put you on your ass parry
>>lifegems so fucking much its like the bastard child of infinity grass and estus
>>Bonfires in stupid places
>>Entire story painfully reminds you to just play DaS1, by repeating DaS1 story elements, again and again.
>>soul memory

It's like they thought of doing something different, then halfway through went back and copied DaS1, in a half-assed way to their half-assed attempt at being different.
>>
File: agility and iframes.jpg (45KB, 863x444px) Image search: [Google]
agility and iframes.jpg
45KB, 863x444px
>>276553330
>What does that even mean
Are you dense? Level up your ADP stat until your Agility reaches one of the breakpoints.

It makes the game considerably more manageable, and gets rid of most of the "shitty hitboxes" that people experience.
>>
>>276553013
Haha, I know right. Hadn't heard of the bug but I sure as hell wasn't going to turn away from the weapon I'd decided on. I carried three of them motherfuckers. Three upgraded, standard goddamn halberds. I still needed repair powder
>>
>>276553116

You are one person, amongst many enemies, complaining that in order to win, you must take out some of those enemies with a bow, because using the most logical choice of success is boring? Well, your opinion is heard and now disregarded. Stupidity and stubbornness to work efficiently is no one's fault but your own.

Blaming the game for bad choices is poor form.
>>
>>276553420
Tomb of the Giants belongs there too. It's short as fuck, and relies on gimmicks and ambushes

It felt like DS2 before DS2
>>
>>people argue about terrain intelligence
>>motherfucking magic trivializes the entire game more then DaS1

You niggers need to stop with this argument, DaS2 is poorly designed, far more so then DaS1.
>>
So for the Souls series, is it better to have more big bosses or more human sized bosses?
>>
>>276552831
>keep distance
>circle towards his shield
>roll every now and then if you really feel like it
There, pursuer is dead.

Seriously, his charge makes him so goddamn easy, the biggest risk to not beating him on the first bonus encounter is the dagger breaking before he does since I always go explorer.
>>
>>276553651
games designed to be fun, not to be logical.

Otherwise every monster should be ass-raping you because a mere human cant be that strong.
>>
>>276553471
This.
Fists all the fucking way.
>>
>>276553691
I have more fun with the game if I have a melee build.
If you think that magic builds arent fun, why would you make one?
>>
>>276549820
I have the same opinion. Not saying one's better than the other, but I completely agree with you.
>>
>>276553651
By your logic everyone should grind for weeks and look up guides, till they trivialize the entire game.

Do you advocate this?
>>
>>276552831

I've started playing Dark Souls 2 and I've noticed the same problem among others.

>lowering your health when you die
>changing jump to left stick
>red flags going up for me when I died the first time and I got the "Welcome to Dark Souls" achievement

Does the game improve? I heard miracles are shit now.
>>
>>276553665

At least it actually USES the gimmick that DS2 was supposed to use and actually pulls it off somewhat well, I could still navigate the area without a lantern and you could use those stones to light a path.
>>
>>276550920
>No-Man's Wharf almost felt like a Demon's Souls stage. It only had one bonfire and it was full of organic little shortcuts. The way they introduce the darkdwellers and their gimmick is another really cool touch that I feel most gamers will miss out on if they aren't paying attention.
I agree, New Londo gave me this vibe as well.
>>
>>276553893
>changing jump to left stick
So you don't even look at the control options before you jump on 4chan and start complaining?
>>
>>276553470

No, you're just inefficient and inadequate for the game. The game gives you these tools to use when the time is right. You can roll and fight when necessary, but when you've many enemies to fight and that in turn increases your chances of dying with your normal strategy, it is stupid to continue to use the same strategy. You are mad that the game suggests that you do more than what you're comfortable with. You are not adequate for this kind of game, I suggest pong.
>>
>>dat awkward cringeworthy cutscene with the old bitches laughing at you

You can just tell the director wants to make it a fucking movie experience.
>>
>>276553929
The Gutter managed it pretty well

But again, the main complaints about TotG were the fact that it was short as shit and relied on ambushes and projectiles firing from enemies that you couldn't possibly see.

Its amazing what people will defend, as longs as its in DaS
Can you imagine how much people would shit their pants TotG if it were in DS2?
>>
>>276554094
games poorly designed for ranged and magic.

It's supposed to be designed for melee.

If you weren't so retarded, you'd understand why, and then you'd understand why people prefer to play it melee.
>>
>>276552976
>but it's not optimized
It was easy with a greatsword the first time around. It was even easier with a standard rapier and the stone ring the second time around. I had far more trouble when I tried to play it conservative like the first game(shield, baiting backstabs and trying to parry) since you just get overwhelmed. It's easy if you just take out one or two before they get their shit together, because then it's just a couple dudes and not a savage gangbang anymore.

Though I guess cheesing them from range is even easier if you're really having trouble. And I really don't agree with calling an Explorer with low health, light armor, no shield and a basic rapier a "barbarian". What barbarian has weights strapped to his coat for trading? A fork and spoon? A pot? That's not Guts, that's just some guy hopping on a boat hoping for a quick buck.
>>
>>276552831
You want an easy way to defeat Pursuer?

>When you step into fog gate, take a couple steps forward
>he will always do the "put shield up, charge at you and swipe" attack
>put on a target shield or parrying dagger and wait until the moment he is about to hit you
>parry him, then immediately run to the bastilla in the very back
>use it
>kill him in two pulls of the lever
>>
>>276554192
uhh ToTG is like that because thats its entire theme, a dark place with shit you cant see to fuck your ass.

Thats different from badly designed area's in DaS2.

Of which Tomb can be completely circumvented if you have a fucking lantern.

obligatory retard you are
>>
DS2 was fun but disappointing
I hope Bloodborne shows that A team hasn't lost their touch

Heck, I'd even be down with a Dark Souls 3 if the DLC areas are anything to go by.
I think B-Team has decent ideas, they just lack strong management.
>>
>>276554192
But everybody cites TotG as one of the bullshit rushed areas in DaS (along with Izalith).
>>
>>276543476
>my face when when
fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>276553775

The game requires logic, you don't avoid logic in Dark Souls, you've used it the whole time you've played. Your argument is invalid, it is dismissed.
>>
>>276554410
apparently not everybody >>276554394

TotG isnt shit because is was DESIGNED that way
You just fail to understand A Team's brilliance.
>>
>>276554410
No, Izalith and demon ruins was rushed.

Library and ToTG are fine, not great but not bad, unless you mean invasions, in which case ToTG is great.
>>
File: 1416695253339.png (19KB, 571x448px) Image search: [Google]
1416695253339.png
19KB, 571x448px
>>276547242
Is Soul Memory being removed completely, and are they adding full eye orbs?
>>
>>276554550
Do you complain about the short levels in DS2?
Do you complain about the ambushes in DS2?
Do you complain about the bosses with respawning mobs in DS2?

Do you still defend TotG after all of that?
>>
>>276554192

The gutter was one of the few areas I actually enjoyed in DS2 as much as DS1. No Man's Warf being another.

I also liked the sorta-rehashed belfry gargoyle battle. It was kind of a cool addition and callback. Though it was a sad realization that I enjoyed that boss more than any other boss up to that point and the boss music till then had been lackluster.

Liked the Skeleton Lords music tho, one of the few non-DLC standout tracks in a game sorely lacking them.
>>
>>276554513
A level in which its entire theme is monsters in the dark, is going to have monsters in the dark retard.

It doesn't even have ambushes like that faggot ogre in Aldia's mansion.

Unless you mean not seeing monsters in the dark IS an ambush, which is the entire point of the fucking level.
>>
>>276554598
of course ;)
>>
>>276554094
> but when you've many enemies to fight
>heavy weapon
>charge in
>swing once
>now not so many enemies
In case of real tough niggas
>charge in
>swing twice
>ded
Light weapon
>stone ring
>swing until staggered
>swing some more
>not many dudes
In case of real tough guy
>swing some
>disengage lockon if you want to backstab
>bait a combo
>backstab or just swing away
>>
>>276554550
The Library and the Crystal Caves are two of my favourite areas in the game. They're very deliberately designed.
>>
>>276553887

You are being hyperbolic.The context is relative to the in-game real-time options that are available to you. To extrapolate further into this meta-discussion of what a person would do is beyond the scope of my suggestions. No reason to discuss matters further with you, because you can't be reasonable at this time. Your point is dismissed.
>>
>>276554094
Sure, using these tools are efficient. But they aren't fun, you fucking autist. Do you understand that?

Do you wanna know why Shrine of Amana is one of the dullest areas in the game? Because it is essentially a "shoot every enemy from far away or you'll get blasted by three or four mages with homing magic attacks". The best part of the level are the places without the magic faggots.
>>
>>276554598
Is it really that big of a deal for you? Just use cheat engine

You won't get softbunned if you keep your SM above the amount that went into your Soul Level.
And even if you are, its easy to circumvent.

I've had so much more fun with DS2 ever since I started CEing red eye orbs.
>>
>>276554745
I don't believe you.
>>
>>276554669
An ambush is shit if you legit cannot possibly see it coming and it will ko you.

The ogre in the aldia mansion is that.

Nothing in ToTG is that.
>>
>>276554248

Neither bows or magics are poorly designed for what is necessary. You are a sub-optimal tactician, I've gone through plenty of mobs without any hindrance from my long ranged options. I snipe that which I feel is beyond my capabilities for melee, and finish the rest with melee. It is simple.
>>
>>276554874
I don't want to have to use a cheat engine to enjoy the game.
>>
I hope there's more unique death animations in DS3.

You know how Sir Alonne commits seppuku if he's no-damaged in short amount of time? Like that, but applied to every boss in DS3. Fulfill certain conditions to see bosses die in a different way than simply fading away.
>>
>>276554785
no i'm not, you would not advocate people use guides or cheat devices because, absolutely, it destroys the fun of the game.

Therefore the fun of the game is paramount by your own retarded faggotry, and exactly why sniping le game is a retarded way of playing Dark souls.

This despite the fact single pulling mobs with sniping is a bad design itself and shouldn't be exploited, because you can slowly do this the entire game and have a fucking shitty game experience.
>>
>>276544217
If you had said were instead of where this would be right
>>
>>276554703
Alida's Mansion has doors
The entire point of Alida's Mansion is doors
Not seeing a monster behind a door is the entire point of the fucking level

This is how retarded you sound
Also I'm talking more about the giant Skelly waiting around the corner to kick you off the stage after you run up to the Skelly Archer while a Skelly pillar pops up behind you to eliminate your retreat options.
>>
>>276543476
I've always liked it. It's not as good as DeS or DaS, but it's still pretty good. I think people tend to blow out of proportion how good or bad things are.
>>
File: serial killer.png (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
serial killer.png
21KB, 500x500px
I feel the issue in DaS2 isn't really the gameplay, I enjoyed the gameplay, except fucking soul memory.

DaS2 feels incredibly like a railroaded "Soul" experience. The people made these levels in as similar manner as they could to DaS1, and placed their booby traps and ambushes, and made their levels atmospheric and pretty.

But it really didn't have the cohesiveness or an overall theme that DaS1. The world design was not thought about at all, you can't see any levels from your current location in DaS2, nor are there smart shortcuts. DaS1 was just so tightknit that you could tell a lot of thought was put into the overall world. Even after the lordvessel, the last four levels just splay out in random directions, somewhat lazily, but at least it kind of makes sense since they are last four corners of the world.

Meanwhile DaS1 had pretty levels like Shrine of Amana, but where the fuck is Shrine of Amana? You can't see anything, from anywhere. DaS2 may have branching paths, but each level is essentially a straight path or a forking road to the next level or two.
>>
>>276554971
DS2 is poorly designed around magic, it trivializes the entire single player.

The fact it is far easier then melee, immediately means it was not balanced properly.

So your a retard and should shut up abotu your 'le tactician'.
>>
what's it like being cancer OP?
>>
Will the DaS2 dlc ever go on sale?
>>
>>276555000
That's too bad

I'm sorry that you're not having fun
>>
For all the whining about soul memory, DaS was worse about both matchmaking mismatches (level 10 darkwraith pyromancers invading in the burg and parish for example) and blatant cheating. I've experienced generally more even pvp in DSII.
>>
>>276555139

Holy shit, these DS2fags are delusional AND shitty at doing comparisons.
>>
>>276555139
I hope you're not defending Aldia's Keep.
>>
>>276547490
>Nolan
I actually agree with the opinions, but where are the Kevin James pictures?
>>
>>276555139
A monster bursting out of a door your opening and killing you is not good design anon.

It is literally put there to force the player to die and remember it next time.

It being a door doesn't somehow fucking excuse it retard.

And ive been through ToTG easy, and never had to fight any of the archers, their optional.
>>
>>276555353
Are you legitimately retarded

Alida's Keep is a shitty stage and TotG is a shitty stage.
>>
>>276554971
I'm convinced that you are legitimately autistic. What part of "LONG RANGE WEAPONS AREN'T FUN TO USE" are you not understanding?

That is why designing areas almost exclusively for long range combat is a fucking stupid idea for a Dark Souls game. Every area should be designed around the concept of melee combat for the most part. Long range will always be easy mode, and boring as fuck.
>>
>>entire DaS1 is geographically consistent amongst areas
>>DaS2 levels dont make sense and usually over another area

Please don't argue level design, because DaS1 shits all over it.
>>
>>276554790

You keep discussing fun as if you've some governance on how that works in Dark Souls. I apologize, I must've not realized just how prevalent your opinion is on the wide-spread demographic of this game. I realize now, that fun can only be filtered through the experience of one person, and as such, this person is the prism in which all other experiences are refracted, and despite the seemingly different variations, they are indeed, just one experience, yours. Thank you for helping me see the light.
>>
>>276543476

Not by any means new, but this pretty much BTFO's any DS2 apologist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.