[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nintendo dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (12KB, 400x400px)
image.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
You guys think Nintendo is going up with Smash and the new/upcoming releases after slipping in shit (due to their own fault)?
>>
Give it one more year. Splatoon looks decent enough.
>>
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
It's doing the same thing over and over, and expecting something new to happen.
>>
>>276164668
So like these threads being made every hour even though they accomplish nothing but shitposting
>>
>>276164850
Well, what do you think Watson.
>>
My dad is Nintendo and he is fine.
>>
Nintendo isnt dying and neither is any other console producer. All of them have more money than some countries combined. Just because a console is shitty and lacks games means nothing. In fact I have found that less games usually means higher quality.

So far just about every big release on the Wii U has went beyond my expectations. Even the Musou Hyrule Warriors went faaaar beyond what I expected.

I hope Nintendo keeps this track going. Fuck quantity, more quality.
>>
>>276165289
This. I would rather play a few high quality games than weed through all the shitty ones for a few decent games.
>>
Nintendo stands to have a good 2015, in terms of game releases anyways. Mario Party, Zelda, Splatoon, StarFox.

Zelda can't, absolutely CAN'T get delayed until 2016.

What has me worried is after 2015, aside from maybe a new 3D Mario and Animal Crossing what else do they have to release? It will be the Wii all over again and there will be nothing for 2-3 years.

Something tells me Nintendo is up to something, be it rapidly developing a new console/handheld or more games.

I'm going to sit and wait to see how it plays out. And wait for the XboxOne to decrease in price like I did for the 360 because third party and Nintendo don't exist.
>>
>>276166067
Give me a source on the Amiibos. Theresno way theyve made a billion off some fucking action figures already.
>>
>>276166067
it's 1 billion yen in the usa, not dollars
>>
>>276165789
remember that Retro is also developing a yet to be announced game

Platinum and Tecmo Koei expressed interest in working with Nintendo after Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors

Iwata said that with the success of Hyrule Warriors, they have been talking with some third party studios in developing more spin offs of Nintendo series.

So yeah, there is definitely more to come that they simply didn't announce yet.
>>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-07/nintendo-heads-for-best-holiday-in-years-as-profit-seen-tripling.html

yes they are dead
>>
>>276167564
>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-07/nintendo-heads-for-best-holiday-in-years-as-profit-seen-tripling.html

kekcellent

>NEETs complain about tabletshit
>ultracasuals abandon their "upgrade" hardware console
>normalfags find a reason to buy a Wii U
>Autistpalooza the release year shortly after
>Recovery phenomenally
>NEETs not getting pandered to and throw a hissy fit about a company dead to them

: ^)
>>
The Wii-U and the Wii gen is proof that Nintendo's lost it. Nearly all of their 1st-party titles weren't up to snuff with their predecessors, to say the least. Most were bad to mediocre. Their second-party stuff is fucking great though.

I'll give them one more try with their upcoming 2014-15 releases. If Zelda U, Starfox and that upcoming Retro title end up being as shitty as their Wii gen predecessors, then I think it's time for me to let them go and go full PC.
>>
A 5 for saved Nintendo
>>
>>276165789
>rapidly developing a new console/handheld
I sure hope so. Preferably a single-screen handheld with a resolution higher than 240p.
>>
>>276165675
i can only assume you must buy nintendo games.

you do buy nintendo right?
>>
lol no
>>
I certainly hope so.

They're easily the biggest cancer in the world for making casuals a thing.
>>
>>276163812

they're going to have to exit from the console business at least, and stick to pure software

point is, consoles themselves are dying out. We could seriously be on the last console gen right now, especially if every game released between now and 2020 is a buggy unplayable mess like ACU. That, combined with the rise of smartphones, means that nintendo is fucked out of the handheld market.

Then you have the macro issue where all of nintendo's products are essentially luxury items, in that the primary buyers are middle class parents. As the economy continues to go into the shitter so will their console sales. And then you have the issue where, except for the wii, Nintendo's console sales have been in decline since the N64.

It won't mean the death/bankruptcy of Nintendo, that would be far too difficult to do (the company as a whole is a toy company/media conglomerate like Disney) but it means that they won't be able to justify making a new console ever six years. You'll still get your marios and zeldas though, and by the time this happens microsoft will have become a consulting firm like IBM before them and sony will be divided up into several companies via a bankruptcy court.
>>
>>276171832
Lol
>>
File: 1360256380267.png (72KB, 394x397px) Image search: [Google]
1360256380267.png
72KB, 394x397px
>>276171367
>>276171832

Here is your reply, to the both of you.
>>
>>276171367
Casuals existed long before Nintendo, but they're bad for other reasons.
>>
>>276167939

what keeps me up at night is thinking about what nintendo will do next, and not in a good way. I mean, how do you top the Wii U, at least in terms of gimmicks? I wouldn't care so much about hardware if the Wii U wasn't such a blatant attempt at cashing in on rise of touchscreen things. What's the next thing for them to do? Virtual Boy 2? Wii U 2 (re: dual screen Wii U)? NES 2? I just don't know anymore, and I don't know what I should expect.
>>
>>276167939

Speak for yourself. I liked Galaxy 1 and 2 a lot more than Sunshine, and both Galaxies are practically the best 3D platformer games released in the last 8 years. Ratchet n Clank is still great, sure, but that's pretty much it these days man.
>>
>>276164447
>Splatoon looks decent enough.
Splatoon looks like hot garbage they frantically threw together as a reaction to "Nintendo doesn't make new IPs!!"

Xenoblade X? Now we're talking.
>>
>>276172543
Mario alone is not enough. This is the same company that made the SNES. They can do better.
>>
>>276172256

explain why you disagree then

I'm not saying Nintendo will die, just that they won't make hardware. I don't see why that's unreasonable to assume. There are kids right now that grew up with the Iphone as their first gaming device, they're going to look at dedicated handhelds the same way a PCfag looks at console.

And I'm not even commenting on the quality of Nintendo's games, which has suffered in recent years. The company is a toy company, and it's core demographic (children) no longer care about their product the way they used to.
>>
File: michael-pachter-strikes-again1.jpg (66KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
michael-pachter-strikes-again1.jpg
66KB, 690x388px
>>276172970
Yes, of course! Smart phones can play games, and a lot of people buy them, thus they are replacing mobile game systems. Nevermind that most people don't buy phones for the sole purpose of playing games, that they aren't designed for games so that the controls are always shit, and that the most they can manage are flash games that only occasionally get lucky and hit it big with casuals with everything else being lost in a sea of unfiltered trash.

You've done it again, Pachter
>>
File: cf502dcf32[1].jpg (37KB, 306x279px)
cf502dcf32[1].jpg
37KB, 306x279px
holy shit fuck off
>>
>>276173752

ignore it all you want, but logic dictates that I'm right

people will buy games on whatever platform is most readily accessible to them. As it stands, there are more iphones out in the world than wiis and wii us, which means more potential customers. And people do buy phones for games, especially children getting their first hand me down phone from their parents. A $100 phone with $10 games on it is worth more to a parent, especially one that is concerned about money.

Just because you don't play games on an iphone, because you grew up with a console, doesn't mean kids today are the same. The numbers don't lie - the console market as a whole is shrinking. As we have already seen, nintendo's handheld is already beaten 10 to 1 by the iphone alone.
>>
>>276173891
How dare anyone say bad things about Nintendo
>>
>>276174587
And I'm sure your average mobile game sells super well and makes tons of money when it's selling for a dollar in an oversaturated market, right?
>>
>>276175564

it sells well enough that people keep making them, and there's a bigger variety of games. You can even pirate, just like if you had a regular PC. The thing is that the potential for profits is much higher on iOS or Android instead of a console.
>>
>>276173891
Criticizing Nintendo is not against the rules. People need to stop acting like it is.
>>
>>276175807
ok I'll just go make like 5 sony shitposting threads real fast, see you there
>>
>>276176270
Have fun?
>>
>>276164447
It won't sell
>>
File: m-muh third party.png (2MB, 1570x1200px) Image search: [Google]
m-muh third party.png
2MB, 1570x1200px
>>276171832
>>276172970
>>276174587
>>276175761
lol, sour grapes

go home iOS yahoo shill

captcha: epins
>>
>>276175807
>>276175807
Criticism isn't against the rules, but pointless consolewar flamebait is. Or is supposed to be, rather.
>>
>>276178725

>sour grapes

of what? ios has better games than Nintendo right now, if only because you can emulate original NES titles
>>
>>276179470
>ORAS and Smash 3DS sold a fuck ton on 3DS
>Amiibo already gave 1 billion yen to Nintendo
>Smash and MK8 is starting to move the WiiU train
>other companies getting attacked by North Korea
>"NO NO IOS! BRING MARIO TO IOS!!!!!!"
and not even a sonygger would say what you said

keep bringing out those tears shill, Nintendo said no many fucking times and you can't win them your shit

and stop pricing the illegal emulators on moblie, you are gonna get some mustards into big trouble.
>>
>>276180529

You sound pretty asshurt m8. Nintendo may have good sales, but compare that to a game like Angry Birds. 1/1000th of the effort but 10x in sales. Mario is already on iOS if you count piracy/emulation, which Nintendo should be ashamed about because they could be making money off that.

And, once again, you proved my point right with the amibos. Nintendo is a toy company, and don't really have a place making dedicated consoles. And for what it's worth, I mentioned that Sony is more fucked than Nintendo because they're a huge conglomerate that will blame a mostly irrelevant asian country for their own incompetence. Microshit is fucked too because windows mobile a shit.
>>
>>276180886
angry birds, candy crush, and flappy bird are totally the norm for mobile games, it's definitely not just some freak cases where a couple of no effort ripoffs got lucky.
>>
>>276181349

it's not, especially when it costs next to nothing for a developer to make and release a game on iOS. Meanwhile Nintendo is at this point the only developer for their console, which is very bad.
>>
File: Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg (135KB, 863x863px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg
135KB, 863x863px
>Boycott Nintendo because of the abomination that is Gamecube
>Could not resist picking of a Wii U.

This thing sells itself.
>>
>>276181986
you know what we call low cost, low effort games where I come from?

shit
>>
>>276182567

You mean just what nintendo makes? Their games aren't technically impressive or otherwise difficult to make. It's been more or less the same thing since the early 2000s, so why not put it on a platform where there are more customers? Your average phone can certainly handle the average Nintendo game. And as I said, there is demand considering that phone emulation exists, even for the Wii (though you do need a wiimote).
>>
>>276172970
As retarded as this comparison is, let me lay this down for you. even if you factor them both within the same market space, nintendo didnt lose its handheld market, the MARKET ITSELF GREW because fucking everyone has a phone because its become more of a necessity.
>>
I miss the red logo.
>>
>>276185528

and at some point, people are going to stop buying handhelds because it's redundant. Compare 3DS stales to DS sales.
>>
File: 1418075490495.jpg (31KB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
1418075490495.jpg
31KB, 552x370px
>>276185604

everyone does
>>
>>276185621
>compare 3DS sales to the best selling handheld EVER
doesnt really prove anything bro.
>>
>>276182960
It's ignorance like this that is why mobile shovelware shit exists.
>>
>>276165789
Well considering they just released a new handheld The N3DS is a new handheld whether you like it or not maybe they'll be focusing on that, considering the success of the 3DS
>>
>>276175807
>Criticizing

Since when has any of these kinds of threads been "criticism"
>>
>>276185730

it does, because it shows that nintendo couldn't even match their previous unit's sales, when an company like apple can

>>276185731

>not emulating on your phone
>2010+4
>>
>>276163812
Yes actually.
I think they are going into the new year with better shit than Sony/Microsoft is.
Fuck, I almost considered buying a Wii U.
>>
>>276176426
Literally every non-nintendo current-gen console thread is full of shitposting. Most Nintendo threads are too, but a decent amount aren't.
>>
>>276182960
you disgust me
>>
>>276172734
Nintendo is actually pushing Splatoon pretty well. Xenoblade will sadly not sell as much as I would want it to. Unless its an MMO.
>>
>>276172734
So did you even watch the Nintendo treehouse at e3? because Im pretty sure you didnt
>>
Why can't we all just get along and hate ubisoft together?
>>
>>276186132

the last good mario was sunshine and the last decent console zelda was wind waker. To this day I really, honestly, just want a way to play the good zelda games (the gameboy ones) on my phone without having to emulate them.
>>
>>276186403

because the entire industry is fucked, nintendo included

ubisoft is just the worst example of it along with EA
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.