[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

File: Elite Cobra III.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Cobra III.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>no Elite thread
just came out today and its pretty fuckin sweet so far
never played the Beta but I loved Elite2 Frontier and this so far is basically what I imagined when I played Frontier with those flat graphics

also the trading is very cathartic, just drifting across the trade routes and maximizing dosh is insanely comfy

making a new thread because fuck all this wankery over Edgy polish games
>>
File: elite screenshot.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
elite screenshot.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I hope they add the ability to walk around stations next so I can chill around in some seedy frontier world bar
>>
Is that game even pirateable with the always online?
I'm sorta interested, but very hesitant to throw money at a kikestarter game.
>>
>>275920949
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnN7nzcHy38
>tfw going too fast by accident and flying into a star
>>
Can you land on planets yet? Elite isn't Elite if you can't accidentally crash into a hangar on your first takeoff.
>>
File: comfy yotsuba.png (189KB, 364x652px) Image search: [Google]
comfy yotsuba.png
189KB, 364x652px
>on the Rift

You don't know, comfy.
>>
>>275921382

I guess the training should be accessible..
>>
File: Elite asteroid.jpg (362KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Elite asteroid.jpg
362KB, 1366x768px
>>275921540
never tried tbh
this guy does it but just randomly on the surface
im too shit to pull it off though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_URBqfP73ms
>>
File: elite-dangerous.jpg (279KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
elite-dangerous.jpg
279KB, 1920x1035px
>>275921382
not really, but its only 40$ which I'd say is worth it for the game right now, plus regular updates similar to what Minecraft did

online is pretty fun though so I agree that it is more important than offline which can be added latter
the servers so far are pretty nice with no lag
>>
>>275920949
Bain?
>>
File: 1418543692114.png (13KB, 354x465px) Image search: [Google]
1418543692114.png
13KB, 354x465px
>>275922227
most of the time I never see human players because I'll be off in some far out backwater sector killing local strongmen for other local strongmen
lots of players hang around the rich systems and just play Space Hebrew Sim, but I have run into a few random cunts warping into 'my area' and I blew them the fuck out because I'm basically claiming this system as my turf, they are mostly naive cunts anyways thinking they can just fly around in their shitty sidewinders to the frontier and marvel at the local fauna

im sort of going independent right now, maybe if shit starts going down with the factions and I can upgrade my ship enough I might side with one

I do have good relationship with the Empire though for being a part time slaver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvV5IgP5sKE
>>
Might buy if thwy add bigger ships, I wanna murder the death star god damnit
>>
File: Anaconda.jpg (187KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Anaconda.jpg
187KB, 1600x1195px
>>275922493
they are adding a bunch in and the Anaconda (biggest one for players now) is pretty fuckhuge, especially since you start with some tiny ass sidewinder
>>
>>275922754
their are going to be 30 total which are going to be released soon
most of the ones right now are more multipurpose/the most popular ones from the older games, I think there is only one dedicated combat fighter, not that it isn't easy to outfit other ships to be dogfighters
the Sidewinder you start with it pretty decent in a fight at close range, you can even take out the more expensive ships if you are skilled and know how to maneuver up close which si a nice feature so if you lose your expensive ship you aren't totally gimped

right now I'm having fun blasting the fuck out of scrub kids in their shiny ships only to hear them scream and send angry messages before I slip back into hyperspace
>>
Frontier was the hypest shit and I'm excited to check this out but I'm broke as shit and on a toaster right now so it'll be a while. I'm glad it turned out to not be garbage, though, I was really worried for a bit.
>>
How does the always online stuff work?
I like EVE for the player stuff, and X for letting you basically become space god.
Is elite somewhere between the two?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.