[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the comfiest med fantasy game /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 36

File: shot0020.jpg (938KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shot0020.jpg
938KB, 1920x1080px
what's the comfiest med fantasy game /v/?
>>
>>275603306
>inb4 skyrim with a million mods running at 2fps on pc and liquid cooled NASA quantum crystal computers

to answer your question. any fantasy game, when you use your imagination and have mild autism
>>
>>275603306
Dragon's Dogma
>>
For me it's Oblivion.

Dat music mang.
>>
File: Atelier.Totori.481710.jpg (94KB, 447x640px) Image search: [Google]
Atelier.Totori.481710.jpg
94KB, 447x640px
Atelier games are pretty good if you can get past all the moeshit. Totori is particularly good and I've heard good things about Escha and Logy

The witcher games aren't "comfy" for the most part, but the taverns in those games have some great atmosphere. Also there are some real chill parts to both games that juxtapose all the shitty areas, like if you pick Ioverth's path in 2 you get to chill in this awesome dorf town that is really comfy.
>>
>>275605371
Vergen is shit tier
murky waters in the first game is brilliant though
>>
>>275603695
>running at 2fps on pc and liquid cooled NASA quantum crystal computers
what
>>
>>275603695
No amount of mods can make a tes game enjoyable.
>>
>>275605538
>vergen
>shit

Pick one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a-DmxpXhQE
>>
>>275605850
My vote is for Witcher 1, walking through Vizima as the rain stats to pour down as all the villagers run to cover or that nice slavic feel that was lacking in 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCk7wpk5Fys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9es3gtxHMU
>>
File: 1396568393999.jpg (196KB, 916x988px) Image search: [Google]
1396568393999.jpg
196KB, 916x988px
>>275603306

medium fantasy means tolkien-esque where its more subtle right?

I found the flash game frontier to be relaxing since its just life as a fantasy trader in a fantasy realm.

Oblivion, especially with Better Cities, the mod that has chimnies turn on at night/during winter and windows light up added so much comfort. Seeing the lights of a city in the distance and working towards it during a storm was an amazing feeling and added more depth than all the combat mods in the world.

The game Reignmaker, a bejeweled clone with some sim-lite elements, did a good job of making it feel like between battles you were helping a village grow.

Minecraft, way back when and I guess now with the right modpacks and terraria both did a good job of giving you a nice home to go back to, build up, and decide what to do. That both games easily allowed for unstoppable fortresses helped, but I still remember building a small shack under a cliff and slowly expanding it over time until it was this nice tower built into it.

Also honestly Skyrim can be modded to be comfortable. The combat will always be shit, but there are mods that add a lot of depth to the weather, survival, and woodsman elements of the game making treks feel more enjoyable and civilization more inviting. Hearthfire was great since I have a boner for building my own homes and it scratched that itch well.

Black and White was also comfortable in between being esoteric or bullshit.
>>
>>275605783
>tfw just played an hour or so as my nord juggernauton hard-mode
>no crosshairs, subtitles, must disable all quest markers
>no saving except at inns
>no fast travel
>no degeneracy (potions, stealth, magic, enchanting, bartering, lewdness)
>only the heavy end of my steel warhammer and a couple bottles of mead handy to protect me against the horrors of this land
the game is fun bruh, lighten up
>>
>>275606382
>medium fantasy means tolkien-esque where its more subtle right?

Technically it's high-fantasy. As in, it's set in a foreign fantasy world. Low fantasy is when it's fantasy set in the real world.

It can also mean, low fantasy="high fantasy" without the magic. Though that's kinda wrong.

Don't think there is a word for Tolkienesque fantasy. Though it's not really subtle there either. There's plenty of weird shit in there. Think he just meant "medieval fantasy".
>>
>>275606669
If you need to put this much work into fixing the game into being fun then it hardly seems worth it. I'd have more fun quicker just going out into the woods and playing pretend with my friends.
>>
>>275606726

I mean subtle in that its not dungeons and dragons where it feels like its hitting every archetype.

Tolkein had an organic feel to it where shit was just sorta there and like myth. Wizards didn't cast +3 fireballs.
>>
>>275606805
>Wizards didn't cast +3 fireballs.
Gandalf did.

But I get you. I think it's mostly because Tolkien knew his shit about mythology, history and language, and through his well constructed world he made each fantasy element feel like it really belongs there. Like it's a real piece of history. They are not there to just further the story, but there because they happen to be there.
>>
>>275606793
It's not *that* much work. I just recognized how casual the game was and spent like 10 minutes after Unbound thinking about the direction I wanted to go this playthrough.
>Would a true Nord carry around a stupid looking cherry-red vial?
>>
File: 8122928725.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px)
8122928725.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
What makes a game comfy?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>275606669
the world is so shit though, with how small the scale of the world is and how fucking close everything is together
>>
>>275606370
yeah I do agree that TW2 had less of a slav feel, but the ost was still great. The Flotsam tavern theme was the shit. Spending a whole day fucking around hunting monsters and looking for Letho, it was great to come back at night and just chill and talk to your friends

the bit where you got drunk with the blue stripes was cool aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BArA23NqVI
>>
>>275606382
>>275606669
The med stands for Medieval you guys.
>>
>>275607127
what gaem?
>>
>>275607167
yeah so I allayed my discontent with some self-imposed added difficulties while I hold out for a better sequel, and had a modicum of fun in the meantime. problem?
>>
>>275607342
I thought it stood for Mediterranean. I've been looking for Roman themed game recommendations you misleading fuck.
>>
>>275607342
i thought this was a medical simulation game thread
>>
>>275603306
Fable 1.

Any of the old GB/GBC Zelda games.
>>
>>275606669
>in the middle of a cave
>game crashes
>lose 3 hours progress due to shitty rules
Sounds fun
>>
I am hoping Kingdom Come is going to grab that title, but right now... not that many good ones. And that even an easy mode anyway, as Id like a pretty good medieval fantasy game where you are a nobleman, having your own lands, dynasty and basically being a ruler.
Imagine CK 2 with less strategy and staring at the map, and more GoT-like RPG gameplay.

People like to hate on Skyrim, but with mods it becomes at least 50% as good as fanboys like to say it is ... and ultimately pretty comf.y
>>
>>275607127
Gonna need a name for this game please.
>>
File: scruffy, the janitor.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy, the janitor.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>275607361
>>275609695
>>
>>275607361
>>275609776
Lost Ark
>>
>>275603306
I want a medieval peddler game. Is the Spice & Wolf VN any good?
>>
>>275609979
>VNs
>good
Just read the books
>>
Dragon Quest 8
>>
>>275606669
>no frostfall
>no realistic needs & diseases
>no hunterborn

damn that sounds boring
>>
Are there any mods for TES that increases the distance between towns and villages? cause it'll be real chill to actually have to walk a for a day or something to get to the next town as well as bringing food and fighting of animals
>>
>>275610226
Nope. Time to get to work, anon.
>>
>>275610017
But I want a medieval peddling game
>>
>>275603306
Nehrim

technically not a standalone game but fuck it
>>
>>275610438
I do to and the only one that's decent/actually a game is Recettear but it's a store and not a travelling shekelmancer sim.
>>
File: xrx.jpg (177KB, 911x1145px) Image search: [Google]
xrx.jpg
177KB, 911x1145px
>>275609948
Dear god if this doesn't come to America
>>
>>275606669
You still didn't fix the shitty "infinite" quests, the copypasted dungeons, having five different enemies in total, the retarded AI...
Plus you reduced the already shallow content to a 10% percent of the total.
>>
File: 45548465.jpg (833KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
45548465.jpg
833KB, 1200x848px
>>275610226
You can always disable fast travel.

I feel like a lot of adventure games don't get that the travel IS the adventure. Getting there is the fun part, not actually being there and fighting the final boss. It's the people you meet on the road, the enemies you encounter and fight through, the gear you loot or buy and the skills you learn along the way. You grow up during the voyage.

I always imagine a game that is a cross between Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. Put all those games into one.

I want town hubs where people can meet and go on adventures (the game would be 5 max online coop), taverns with food and drink and things to do, guilds with quests. I'm not sure how it would work exactly but the game would basically be single-player with towns being the only thing online and in there you can find hundreds of other players to go on an adventure. Once you form a party of up to five, you can go together and coop the game if you so wish.

I also want the game to not have any sense of urgency, there is no impending doom. You can spend your days fishing, eating or chopping wood for your house. Also house customization, very important.
>>
>>275610151
Frostfall is the epitome of "great in concept, shitty in execution".
It just becomes tedious and not an actual factor into the game.
>>
>>275609948
>it's a muhmorporger
Fuck this.
>>
>>275611363
TES games suffer from a distinct lack of random events. If you have gone through a road twice nothing else will happen on it, ever.
From that point you'll just be walking through an empty wasteland.
Even if you go out of your way to enter some random cave, chances are it will be just like those twelve others you have entered before, and at the end you will get a shitty magicka ring (of which you already have three better ones).
>>
>>275611767
>TES games suffer from a distinct lack of random events. If you have gone through a road twice nothing else will happen on it, ever.
Can you recommend games that fix this serious shortcoming? No sarcasm, I'm glad someone else actually has a problem with it, and hope you have a solution
>>
>>275611363
My dream game would be similar; I'd like to just be a smith, spend the day crafting powerful items and then pay or accompany a group of adventurers to get some special crafting material.
Basically I'd like to be an NPC.
>>
>>275611914
You can install certain mods that add new and more random events to Skyrim.

I can't really think of a game that has so much random events in Vanilla though.
>>
>>275611363
I'm with you for the most part, except I don't think we're going to get anything like that until our control schemes are better. To me, the main problem is that we'll always just press M1 to attack, which is not immersive at all. We have no real say in how our character moves.

Fuck man, I want full-dive technology now.

>tfw Full-dive technology will come out after you're dead
>>
File: ironmaster_ds.jpg (54KB, 279x251px) Image search: [Google]
ironmaster_ds.jpg
54KB, 279x251px
>>275612075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFBmrM1PLh8
>>
File: 45817060.jpg (984KB, 900x1284px) Image search: [Google]
45817060.jpg
984KB, 900x1284px
>>275611363
Of course, you can build your house anywhere you want outside of towns and players can choose to allow other players' content and decisions to affect their own game world.

Just imagine you and your virtual gf living in a (virtual) house of your own, a bit like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. You could also form guilds in the same vein.

Also the game needs things like marriage and events tied to the real world calendar that only happen on that particular day. Say for instance Halloween happens IRL but in the game it's actually some spooky festival or tradition in that particular town that only happens that day.

Also fucking kids. No game ever does kids right.

>>275611767
What about that mod that scatters interesting, fully-voiced NPCs thoughout the world? I agree though, the game becomes very predictable once you've traveled a bit. Oh look, another dragon event. Oh look, another bandit.

I want to encounter some Khajit on the road and have him join me on my adventures out of the blue, or him stalking me. Something a bit more interesting. Or a gang of bandits capturing me and taking me to their cave from whence I have to escape.
>>
>>275612230
We live in the couple of centuries maybe even decades before immortality is a thing. Imagine how the immortals will look back on those who just missed out
>>
>>275612409
With envy as they out live everything they cared for
>>
>>275612449
hey once you get to old, just wipe your memory a couple of hundred years or just flick a switch to off your self for a few hundred years see what else comes along
>>
>>275612360
Basically that but multiplayer
Thanks for linking it though, didn't know of this.
>>
>>275612449
>want to be frozen down
>not sure if anyone would thaw me
>>
File: 47175482_p0.jpg (628KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
47175482_p0.jpg
628KB, 707x1000px
>>275612075
Imagine a game where you can become a specialized blacksmith and then sell your wares to other players at the market. Other players didn't specialize in blacksmithing, so the only way the can get weapons or armor is by buying from you or stealing it from some other player.

You get to chop wood, tend the fires, come up with designs etc. You live in your own little cozy house, then you have to wake up early in the morning to travel to the nearest town and be there when the market actually opens. If you get too late, you'll miss out on selling your wares.

In the same vein, imagine being a witch or a chemist selling wares in town (from leaves and shrooms you actually gathered in the woods). Or some farmer producing and selling food.
>>
>>275612784
A good blacksmith wouldn't have time to gather most of his materials on his own
>>
File: ttrigp.jpg (148KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ttrigp.jpg
148KB, 960x544px
>>275605371
Totori is truly comfy.
>>
>>275612902
it's almost as if besides good blacksmiths you also find good wood gatherers, hunters, farmers, maybe even shop owners
>>
>>275613009
Call up CCP Games this is the perfect game for them
>>
>>275612784
If only Reccetear could be modded.
>>
>>275612784
>romanticizing the past
>thinking anyone would want to stand up early IRL to do some busy work and then miss out of his reward because ten minutes late
That probably sounds pretty nice in your mind but stuff like that would never work in a game
>>
>>275612360
See it's a nice idea but it's too simplistic and repetitive.

It needs to be like Skyrim blacksmithing. In 3D, with you seeing your whole character actually working. Interacting with voiced NPCs I find is better than having to read what some animu loli is telling me about prices.
>>
>med fantasy

could you have picked a worse setting? not just for comfy, med fantasy is objectively the worst possible videogame setting

Get something medieval instead, at least. Or whatever the hell Banished's setting is.
>>
File: 1372049142150.gif (87KB, 541x375px) Image search: [Google]
1372049142150.gif
87KB, 541x375px
>>275613195
I thought med fantasy stood for medieval fantasy? What have we been discussing this whole time?

>>275613136
FOR YOU
>>
>>275613156
It's a DS game. The core contribution of this game to the concept is to split the craft into many actual working steps. Most RPGs fail crafting by simply providing a mechanism to select a "recipe" and watch a status bar. If we want to see crafting in RPGs to be meaningful, it needs to be on par in complexity with fighting. In fact, it would be perfect if the player needs equal amounts of strategy to skill the various crafting aspects, and if a player can actually "fail" the crafting process like that, producing imperfect items. It means the crafter can actually improve, produce items of higher complexity and quality, maybe at some point become a "legendary" crafter, producing such high quality items that adventurers from all over the country come to them. These items of course are as difficult to make, as in existing games a boss fight would be, with many ways to screw up fantastically.
>>
>>275613156
>voiced NPCs
Only as long as it isn't fully voiced. Too much effort, cost, and you end up with five different voices for forty characters.
>>
>>275613341
Yes, medieval fantasy. A medieval setting, but with magic garbage.
>>
>>275612784
>>275612902
>>275613009

WHY IS THERE NO FUCKING GAME WITH A TRULY FLESHED OUT CRAFTING SYSTEM?

BLACKSMITH:
>need good prospector to gather ore with high purity rate
>need good skinner + leatherworker for handle straps
>need as woodcutter for good firewood that can maintain the right temperatures
>need farmers, hunters, bakers, cooks because you need to eat
>you need tailors and leatherworkers for your gloves, apron, clothes, boots
>need stone cutter to get stones for furnace and grinding wheel
>need construction worker to make said furnace and wheel

>need to smelt ore and rid it of impurities
>need to form it in a premade form
>need to temper it
>etc etc

Fuck.
>>
File: harvest_moon_64_large.jpg (477KB, 800x1156px) Image search: [Google]
harvest_moon_64_large.jpg
477KB, 800x1156px
>>275613136
Seems to work for these games. I mean millions of people do shitty MMORPGs quests all day killing the same mob a thousand times, why would farming and selling produce not be better?

Why do fishing games exist? Hunting games? Even a complete farming simulator game (as a side note, that game is really good).
>>
>>275613535
EVE Online. It's actually really fucking good, but if you want to have real fun you need a good group of players to roll with
>>
>>275613535
The problem with crafting things is that, realistically, it would take too much time to be fun.
So instead we get a system that's basically "heat the raw steel for five seconds, hit it a couple of times, sharpen it, there you go, now you have the DEMONKILLER SWORD".
>>
>>275603306
dink smallwood
>>
>>275613712
I've tried a trial but pretty much everything that wasn't combat was mostly done through the UI, so I felt like I was just doing a browser game. It just wasn't for me. Too little world interaction.
>>
>>275613691
Because in those games you have full content for the profession its designed for
What you're proposing is basically 100 games in 1. You'd have farming on the level of Harvest Moon, village trading and shopkeeping like in The Guild, fighting like in M&B Warband, ...
Sure, it would be GOTYAY, but it's not realistic. What we'd get nowadays is half-assed everything and that's just boring
>>
File: 1279029826239.jpg (96KB, 1077x718px) Image search: [Google]
1279029826239.jpg
96KB, 1077x718px
>>275613691
>one of the towns five eligible women may prove to be the love of your live
>>
>>275613835
You can easily cut down the timers so it's still fun.
>>
>>275613835
>The problem with crafting things is that, realistically, it would take too much time to be fun.
People play individual dungeons for half an hour or full hour, raids take multiple hours. So why can't a complex craft take as long? All you need to do is make the tension as high as in a dungeon or a raid. Give the player mechanisms to fail crafting. Don't keep the fire hot enough? You're fucked. Keep it too hot? You're fucked. Add the wrong amount of other stuff for alloys? You're fucked. Don't cool down an item fast enough? You're fucked...

>>275613937
Yeah, no, timers are a PROBLEM in crafting, not a solution. Get rid of the timers, add an actual process, that requires attention and skill to complete.
>>
>>275603306
The Gothic series.
>>
>>275614000
Because people aren't autistic enough to find something that doesn't involve action and explosions, and actually requires patience and paying attention, fun
>>
the guild 2
>>
File: Cockpit.jpg (486KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cockpit.jpg
486KB, 1024x768px
>>275613835
But what if we go full blown realism instead like those aviation simulators?

Also http://vimeo.com/37360333
>>
>>275614328
Good simulators aren't really popular and usually have a different purpose than just having fun.
>>
File: atelier iris 3.jpg (107KB, 798x550px) Image search: [Google]
atelier iris 3.jpg
107KB, 798x550px
>>275605371
I used to play pic related and loved the comfy atmosphere a lot. Just going over to the guild, collecting things in the woods and shit. Are the PS3 ones as good?
>>
File: Xg0yhBT.jpg (30KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
Xg0yhBT.jpg
30KB, 402x604px
>>275612923
>no atelier games on pc
>>
File: 1279257121841.jpg (57KB, 493x306px) Image search: [Google]
1279257121841.jpg
57KB, 493x306px
>>275605371
What if we mixed Atelier with Dark Souls?
>>
>>275614501
GUST doesn't get nearly as much love as it should.
One of the last JRPG companies who doesn't give a shit about mainstream and just does its own thing.
>>
>>275614773
Shame all their games are 100% anime geared.
>>
>>275614631
>you play as a hollow craftsman, alchemist or merchant
>have to travel to gather material, tools, ingredients or trinkets
>players can invade your shop and steal your stuff
>you can invade players and rob their shops
>functions parallel to a new standart souls game in which players can buy from your shop
>leave advertisement for your shop on the ground
might b good
>>
>>275616579
Got to loosen it up a little. Their games just make no attempt to be realistic, which is a good approach when dealing with such a vast subject. Drawing, or a drawn style, is a good mechanism to distance oneself from realism. Drawings are definitely not real. With something like, say, the Witcher, it is fictional, but clearly "realistic" fiction.
>>
File: 40935731_big_p4.jpg (191KB, 541x764px) Image search: [Google]
40935731_big_p4.jpg
191KB, 541x764px
>>275616678
I'd play it.
>>
Dragon's Dogma 2 when ?

First one was the best med fantasy experience I ever had.
Comfy as fuck until you run in a fucking Dragon in the woods during nightime.

Too bad, I wanted to solo the game and you're pretty much forced to have a pawn with you.
>>
>>275617223
Hopefully when they release 2 they'll also release the first one on PC.

I don't expect much coming from Capcom though.
>>
File: 1417189200859.jpg (41KB, 422x352px) Image search: [Google]
1417189200859.jpg
41KB, 422x352px
>>275603306
Where is this from?
>>
>>275617340
The image? It's Boku no Spicy Wolf
>>
>>275617340
Spice and Wolf

It's really good but a bit... weird. Music is damn fine.
>>
>>275617395
>>275617414
Thx anons.
>>
>>275617308

Yeah but shit mang, I'm tired to wait for games.
I feel like I've been waiting for years for games that are not out yet.

I can't still play Dragon's Dogma a few times because I forgot to do the Dark Arisen DLC but for how long ?
>>
File: Demo_Level.jpg (2MB, 1792x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Demo_Level.jpg
2MB, 1792x1280px
>>
File: gothic2-2010-12-26-17-46-17-57.jpg (894KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gothic2-2010-12-26-17-46-17-57.jpg
894KB, 1920x1200px
Gothic 2, obviously.
>>
>>275617395
>>275617414
Isnt that this weird "salesman" manga/anime? Does anything actually happen there?
>>
>>275617489
>I'm tired to wait for games
Play the games you already have. I bet you do have a considerable backlog. It's impossible to play all modern games, since more "game time" is being produced/released at any given moment than actual time is available.
>>
>>275617602
Yeah it's the salesmen one and stuff kind of happens.
It's worth a watch/read.
>>
>>275617598
That game looks better than it has any right to be.
>>
>>275607127
Games cant be comfy, you just stare in to a screen.
>>
File: 1402514814759.gif (2MB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
1402514814759.gif
2MB, 240x220px
>>275603306
Final Fantasy IX, last good game of the franchise, and Japans last bet on making good games that wasn't filled with moeshit.

RIP Squaresoft, RIP Japanese vidya industry.
You will be missed.
>>
File: ScreenShot00001.jpg (632KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00001.jpg
632KB, 1920x1080px
>no one mentioning lotro
y'all niggas pleb as fuck

>>275617598
can't argue with that though
>>
>implying this is not the correct answer
>>
File: Thulsa.jpg (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Thulsa.jpg
4KB, 256x192px
>>275618149
>4.0
\.good
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-05-19-19h49m07s0.png (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-05-19-19h49m07s0.png
3MB, 1920x800px
>>275618303
That looks so sad though. The Shire/Hobitton are full of tall grass.
>>
File: ScreenShot00004.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00004.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
>>275618303

>>275618456
It's a game from like 2007, it still looks comfy mostly in dwarf areas though
>>
>>275611767
Well last gen we were held back by the console limitations, but they aren't too bad now so hopefully we'll see some interesting stuff come out this gen.

I doubt it though. Why is creativity and fun dead?
>>
>>275618429
>4.0
What?
It's hailed as one of the best japanese games ever made.
>>
File: ScreenShot00009.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot00009.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>275618530
>>
>>275618586
>Why is creativity and fun dead?
because
>last gen we were held back by the console limitations

That's at least a major reason. Technology focused thinking over actual interest in the game. You will find a lot of very elaborate and whimsical fantasy worlds in 1980s or early 90s RPGs. They had far less technology, and understood that technology is not carrying the game.
>>
File: header.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
>>275618303
Speaking of LOTR, I'm surprised of how good this game is. It's not out there in terms of quality but it's a decent hack and slash with high difficulty, not to mention it actually has working coop.

The hubs like Rivendell and the Prancing Pony are pretty comfy.
>>
>>275618586
Because no one wants to make an effort with their games.

That's why all western games are all hype and broken promises and all eastern games are shitty moeblob crap that sells to the lowest jackasses with no standards.

Why do you think people are saying the industry as a whole is dead?
>>
>>275618675
interior and "artificial" structures are always easier to model than nature, because you can trick a lot with planar surfaces and good textures
>>
>>275618530
Cryisis is also from like 2007
>>
>>275618764
>the industry as a whole is dead
I'd like to say the industry has split. There are the businesses, that produce "games" to appeal to the masses and to move volume. They fit your description exactly. But then there are also the enthusiasts. Smaller companies that do games because they love gaming. They did the shareware craze back in the early 90s. They're the indie stuff now. While there's a lot of trash in there, there are also gems. Especially because these people have access to better tools than ever before in the history of gaming.
What I'm saying is, just don't treat the majors as part of the gaming market, because they aren't, and you'll see what's left is pretty fine
>>
>>275618845
Crysis also required hefty hardware. MMOs tend to target mid to low end hardware, because they think they need masses of players
>>
Sci-Fi Fantasy > High Fantasy > Modern Fantasy > Mid Fantasy > Low Fantasy

Fight me?
>>
>>275603306
Just a reminder that Spice and Wolf was shit, and that Lawrence gets NTR'd by a little shota faggot since Whoro is a massive slut and also used goods.
>>
>>275619039
Weeaboo fantasy is the best.
>>
>>275619039
>internet explorer
I don't need to fight you to know you're opinions are worthless.
>>
File: 1404331239848.png (71KB, 251x172px) Image search: [Google]
1404331239848.png
71KB, 251x172px
>start in a dark souls 1 esque land
>fight shitty mobs to gather items
>shitty items are your staple, for now
>adventurers are coming through your shop from time to time, just a rickety shack without a roof for now at the start of the first level
>as the adventurers buy more of your stuff, they progress further into the level, eventually beating the boss
>with the boss beaten, you can travel to the next level
>to set up a new, more prestigious shop with better items from the stronger enemies
>eventually hire a new merchant to set up shop in a lower level area for new low level heroes to use, getting you even more shekels
>buy out new rivaling merchants or just kill them in battle
>hire protection from enemy monsters

now, the great thing about this game would be that you could fight like a hero yourself.

it's nice to be able to dream
>>
>>275610131
I was going to write this, the music and art style was ultra comfy.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.