[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mabinogi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 19

Why does noone ever talk about this game?

>nice community
>fun gameplay
>neverending addiction
>always new content and classes for free
>no pay-to-win

I have been playing for years and love this shit.
>>
hows the pvp and i think its a bit too late to start now considering ppl are years ahead and its impossible to catch up so yh
>>
File: mabinogiw346Y1p6T3130.jpg (265KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogiw346Y1p6T3130.jpg
265KB, 1024x768px
>>274650528
Afaik, nonexistant. I have been away for a while though and may have forgotten, considering I never did it.
>>
>playable loli elves
>non-combat classes
>different kind of mmo, level skills from use not leveling.
>interesting story
>waifus
>>
File: mabinogi-1.jpg (421KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi-1.jpg
421KB, 1600x1200px
Huh, I cant be alone here :c
>>
>>274652438
>:c
You're a faggot, but Mabinogi is one of the comfiest if not the comfiest MMO I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
>>
>>274653191
Sorry its a habit of mine, blame my boyfriend.

It Is srsly fun though, and suprisingly open with what to do with a character. Or just sit back, make friends, and play music you made.
>>
>>274653471
>boyfriend
>srsly
You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?
>>
>>274651514

And its a Nexon game? No, just no. It can't be.
>>
>>274653580
Im actually not, sorry. I just do it by habit. And yes, I have a boyfriend.

>>274653709
Is that a bad thing? The only bad part of that is the price for the buyable stuff.
>>
>>274650286
because on /v/ most people have high standards in regards to gameplay. mmo games almost always have boring gameplay
>>
File: 1414332494860.gif (533KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1414332494860.gif
533KB, 500x280px
>Nexon
>Not P2W
>>
Well, time to pick it back up and get comfy.
>>
>>274654882
Have fun, I shall be busy grinding my golems on racoons and stuff.
>>
>>274654835
It's really not p2w as far as I'm concerned. They've actually given a lot more to players than they used to. You get free mounts and what used to be storage space you had to pay for, for example.
>>
>>274656054
When I started I never had the free pets and 1 character slot, now you get mount, pet, free premium, and 3 characters.
>>
>>274655657
I've only just started really, dropped it because it seemed a little daunting to get settled.
>>
>>274657659
Just run some dungeons and explore a bit and you should be fine. If you need help I would love to do that.
>>
Will I enjoy this if I've never played an MMO before?
>>
>>274658190
I'd appreciate any help really, I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>274658763
It was one of my first, so maybe. Its very much not like a traditional MMO, but kind of like a big Fantasy Life(3DS game) mmo.
>>
I used to play it
I loved the music from Mabinogi
>>
>>274654085
Yes, I am a grill btw :^)

No, I won't send you pics
>>
i want to fuck the white haired girl
>>
>>274658805
Idk how exactly, I can answer questions all you want. Make some friends if you want, work on your class, run some dungeons.
>>
File: flanders.jpg (62KB, 357x432px) Image search: [Google]
flanders.jpg
62KB, 357x432px
Mabinogi is pretty fun, just stay as far away from /vg/ as you can.
>>
Why is Mabinogi good? I'll help you out guys.

>Most unique mmo I know of
>Very fun combat system, unique, takes skill to master
>An MMO which actually takes skill, time your attacks and use them correctly
>You're not restricted to anything
>You can be all classes at once
>Best music
>Really fucking good storyline which you can start at level 1
>Not p2w at all, it can speed things up a little bit altough

Mabinogi is a fucking great game, I wish more people played it, it might take a while to get into and understand but once you're there you won't want to stop playing.
>>
>>274659631
Fine, I wont send you any either than.

>>274660116
Do they not like It? I cant seem to find any reasons why someone would.
>>
>>274659897
Well thanks, I found a couple people who are offering help in here already.
>>
File: 1341437285817.jpg (15KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1341437285817.jpg
15KB, 420x300px
>>274659084
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4wHmbfsbo

>>274660253
I'd like to add to this, you can also spend hours without setting foot into a dungeon. I've spent tons of time just on my homestead building things or building up the life skills (cooking, tailoring, smithing, and more) or finding out I could do neat shit on the wiki like winemaking and traipsing off across the land to go try it.
>>
>>274650286
I've got a love/hate relation ship with this game. I always play it for a month or so, then get pissed off at it and quite. Only to forget why I quit and play it again a few months later. The cycle continues.
>>
>>274660253
>An MMO which actually takes skill, time your attacks and use them correctly
Unless you have 50+ ms, then you're completely fucked.
Fuck Nexon EU
>>
>>274660320
No, /vg/ plays it, but all they do is make drama and Minmax pvp 24/7 from what I hear.
>>
>>274660253

Fucking unique classes aswell
>You can literally be a cook and go harvest apples etc from trees to give buff-giving foods
>Cool mounts, which you don't only use to ride but they fight with you
>Great skills, again, very unique.
>Everything is so unique
>You can go rafting to make money
>Newbie friendly community
>Big world
>VERY good events when they are implemented, similar to WoW's events
>It's just a great game
>>
>>274660573

You're correct in one sense but there are fixes like denagle etc, I played on the US servers with around 100 ping and I just stayed away from bow and arrow and guns and I was all good.
>>
>>274660253
>>274660767

These guys, I like you guys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jfhe2-_Gw&

Mabi seemed comfy as fuck, never played it though.
>>
Not to mention levels don't really mean shit until you're 2000+
>>
Used to play this alot but then my guild became inactive. Still login from time to time
>>
>>274660986
It's very hard to get used to lag. Playing Mabi EU was great because able to load skills almost instantly.

>it's already been 2 years
:c
>>
>>274660767
>Want to summon and fight with giant golems? You fucking can

>Want to cook or make custom weapons/armor? Go ahead

>What about just playing music or be an idol? Go for it

>Play it like a normal MMO and dungron run all day, or take a group to the arc lich? Have fun.

>Oh yeah, also you can transform into any enemy and play as them, its fun as fuck.

Just a few things you can do.
>>
i have a pretty old account, from maybe 4 or 5 years ago or something. thanks for reminder mabinogi exists, i think i ll make a new one.
>>
>>274661706

Someone post the story about the fishing.. troll/ogre was it?
>>
>>274650286
>Mabinogi
Because it was fun for all of a month back when it first launched and people here played together. It was really ambitious in the amount of player made content and interactions there were in the world. But then it went to shit when they did nothing about the bots.
Now it just looks like outdated ass and I don't care.
>>
>>274661275

Yup, unless you want to get to the absolute hardest content your level doesn't matter at all. And if you go in hard and play a lot you can reach the elite content quite fast, but the game never fails to challenge you unlike many other MMO's.

The challenge in Mabinogi is not just getting stats and gear, but actually playing and having skill. Armor etc barely helps at all, the difference from the best to the worst armor is like level 20-25 armor in world of warcraft, and im not kidding.
You have to just learn to play it, how to use your skills when you have 3 mobs running at you and one shooting you with a bow. You have to adapt your skills to different situations and use them cautiously.

For me this made mabi great, it was not a grindfest unless i wanted it to be, I could take on the hardest bosses at level 1 if I wanted to.
>>
Because I can't enjoy the combat, if I don't enjoy the combat then the MMO is dead to me. It's a shame, it had a lot of nice features.
>>
>>274662043
It must suck to play games based off looks, when everything else Is solid and fun.

Bots arent that big anymore I don't think. Havent seen one in a while.
>>
>>274661706
I really wish there was a more modern mmo with all these features.

Speaking of features, there was this one MMO I played once. Can't remember the name, I wan't to say it starts with an A. Anyways. In the game once you got to a certain level, you did a quest in order to get a sprite. The sprite follows you around, and gives you a buff I think at that point. After so long when the sprite gets some levels, you do another quest to turn it into a fairy, kinda like Navi. Then when she gets enough levels, she turns into a little girl. You feed her, talk to her, her personality changes depending on the answers you give her. She fights with you too. And I'm pretty sure once you got her to 30 or something she can turn into a teen, but I quit by then. I just found it really endearing that you could take this sprite around and watch it grow along with you. It was a really nice feature. Too bad the game was ass.
>>
>>274662350
Shame that's how most people see it. I agree, it's not the greatest looking game, but man is it fun.

If it were to get a graphics overhaul I'm pretty confident it'd skyrocket in popularity.
>>
File: 674240.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
674240.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>274662517
Sounds kind of like Aura Kingdom. It has a lot of those sprites (Eidolons) and a lot of them are fairly cute.

But yes, the game is ass.
>>
>>274662576
We can only dream. It doesnt even look that bad though, even if it is a 5 year old game.
>>
Is there a EU server?
Is it filled with polaks and other sorts of non-english speaking scum?
How's the community? Is it filled with weeaboo cunts who spam emoticons or shout about their favorite shit-tier animoes and vocaloids?
Is it laggy?
How demanding is the game? (toasty toaster)
>>
>>274663151
Nah it wasn't Aura Kingdom. It was a Korean MMO and looked more realistic.
>>
>>274663151
Aika, it was called Aika. Just remembered it. And the thing I'm talking about was the Pran system.
>>
>>274663356
Prius Online/Arcane Saga?
>>
>>274663337
EU server got hacked constantly for months and eventually shut down. NA server lets EUfriends play on it, however.
>>
>>274663337
There used to be but they killed it off because not enough people.
>>
>>274663656
>>274663747
>>
>>274663887
I saw, we just posted at the exact same moment.
>>
>>274663337
>Yes.
>No clue, I play US servers. Another post said they are lag free though.
>Probably, it is very anime style and they did some vocaloid/anime crossover stuff before
>I used to play it on a laptop that couldn't run Half Life 2. Prepare that toaster
>>
I played this from open beta for about 2-3 years off and on. It was a fantastic game being terribly managed by Nexon.
I don't know if anyone remembers mabichan or the hotglue guild, but we had a chunk of dudes who stuck around for a long time, but everyone eventually got sick of the bad updates. Also I heard they TOTALLY SCRAPPED the combat system, everything is on cooldowns now rather then the rock-paper-scissor-windmill system they had.

Anyways GREAT game but you guys missed the prime.
>>
>>274663265
think 10 years old
>>
I like the game and it honestly does sandbox right

but I dunno, they did some changes that really have hurt the game IMO

the defense changes made it so you are not always worried about being killed if the enemy hits you
the focus on dailies
The shitty shadow missions
Dungeons needing a revamp so badly
Iria the empty

I mean don't get me wrong, the game is pretty great in its ways
Magic is probably one of the most satisfying things and actually getting those spells feels so good
not to mention using them
TH, IS, and FB are so satisfying to just use
but since the last time I played it (a bit before ninja released) it felt like they were really moving away from being a sandbox
>>
>>274663805
>>274663791
I've read that combat is ass when it's laggy because it's all skill based and stuff.
My net ain't the best. How laggy is it for EU folks to play on US? Bearable or perfectly fine?
What about the rest of my questions?
>>
>>274664012
Wait, they scrapped the combat?! When?
>>
>>274664254
Considering I play it in NA over my cellphone's connection, you should be fine.
>>
>>274664331
They changed the combat so instead of being based on load times attacks now have CD's
The standard rock paper scissors WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM WM still applies (though WM doesn't eat 10% of your hp anymore)
But you no longer have things like following a counter with a counter leading to an increased load time on counter, most likely leading to your death
instead many skills have a CD until they can be used again

It is a bit worse
>>
>>274650286

Mabinogi was extremely fun back in the day. The issue is that the games progression however is so continuous that it's impossible to ever catch up to people that have been playing for a long time. They will always be ahead, they never really reach a stopping point.
>>
>>274664331
It's not that bad. Abilities have cooldowns instead of windups now.
>>
>>274664331
Couple years ago?

When I played the only stuff that ever went on cooldown was stuff like Final Hit or the Paladin transformations.
>>
>>274664825
>it's impossible to ever catch up to people that have been playing for a long time
So?
>>
>>274665036
Oh, I must not have noticed. I pop in and out every once in a while.
>>
>>274665168
yeah it's not like they really influence your game. If anything, they can help you out if you're having a really tough time doing something.
>>
>>274665168
Basically any skill will give stats for ranking it
so someone who is level 8k will have several 'classes' of skills maxed out
this will give them some incredible stats

So they will be insanely strong compared to someone who is say level 1k or 2k

I mean pvp is a very tertiary thing in the game but it's just kind a dickish thing that you will never, ever be able to compete with those people just due to the fact you are behind in a system where it is basically impossible to catch up to those that have a headstart due to everyone being equal on the rebirth timer
>>
>>274665656
That still doesn't matter. Don't do pvp against them.
>>
Played for a few years on the Mari server, but left for Vindictus when that came out.
Played that for a few years as well, then quit because MMOs got really stale for me.
Fun games, a shame they both suffered heavily from poor design decisions later on though. Fucking Nexon
>>
>>274665656
Isnt that how it usually is? The veteran will be better than a beginner, except here the distance between is much larger.

Btw, do I still need IE to state the game?
>>
I remember playing this a long ass time ago and I ran out of free inventory space like instantly. You said it wasn't P2W so did they change that? Like hell I was paying just so I could have a pickaxe AND combat gear.
>>
>>274666074
The thing is that in most games the weaker guy could keep working on the character and getting stronger, while the veteran would top out at some point due to hitting max level and the best gear
so in the long run the newbie would become the veteran and be on an equal playing field

however in mabi both groups will continue to level and might gain I dunno, 120 levels of ap and daily bonuses and such a week

So given enough time the 1k rookie will reach 8k
however the 8k veteran will in that time have reached 15k
the power gap remains pretty fucking big

It isn't really a problem in the game but it's just kind of an annoying thing to acknowledge
>>
>>274666425
You have more space now both in the bank and the ability to use bags. It's what used to be the premium inventory for free for all players.
>>
>>274666074
>do I still need IE to start the game?
No, you can start from the desktop.

>>274666708
That's really not a bad thing at all. Might suck for you, but it's not actually an issue.
>>
>>274666908
How from desktop? I am dumb.
>>
File: 1417441791944.png (328KB, 497x658px)
1417441791944.png
328KB, 497x658px
>>274667126
>>
Does the game still have the time limits on my $20 summons/mounts?
>>
>>274660253
Is there a merchant or blacksmith class?
>>
Downloading on Steam now.

Never played before, is there like a noob starter guide?
>>
>>274667438
I hope not, though I rarely timed my pets out.
>>
>>274668295
Yes. Along with many others.
>>
I used to play Fashionobi every chance I had until Martyr fucked around too much and all my friends left. Damn shame.
>>
>>274668637

Fashionogi, that is.
>>
>>274668295
>>274668556
With regards to merchands, there's actually a Commerce system where you buy goods and run them to cities to sell them for a profit. You can get attacked by bandits while doing this too.
>>
>>274668295
There are entire classes dedicated to both
with refining, mining, blacksmithing, and other skills
you can buy and sell goods between towns and have wagons and handcarts filled with them
it does sandbox well
>>
File: THE GOOSE IS fashionable.jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
THE GOOSE IS fashionable.jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
>>274668302
Rank WM early, it's the best skill and it's hard to rank later. Do tutorials to get all the skills, run Alby for levels early. Really you can just do whatever though.
>>
>>274668556
good, I`m so tired of classes that are just pure combat.
The closes thing I`ve been to a game like this is Wakfu, but the leveling is just too much when you get to lvl 100
>>
>>274653709
The grind is still unreal. If you want to do combat then you pretty much HAVE to take Windmill regardless of your class, and getting Rank 1 windmill takes at least 20 straight hours of grinding on monsters that don't even drop anything. Takes three times longer if you want to actually do something like dungeons.
>>
>>274668937

What is WM?
>>
>>274669217
>20 straight hours
Nah, if you have an exp reforge and rebirth to close combat you could probably do it in a few less, especially if you run Their Method for kills.
>>
>>274669217
Not anymore
take a combat talent and you get base 2x combat exp
then there are some missions you can do that throw hordes of weak grunts at you
they make it so you can do WM pretty damn fast nowadays

Honestly it's shit like gunner skills that are the true grind
where it is USE THIS SKILL ON X ENEMY 4k times
>>
>nexon
>>
>>274669442
Windmill. It's an AoE combat ability. At rank 5 and 1 it gets range boosts to the point where it has a gigantic AoE. Even if you don't go combat, it's incredibly useful to have.
>>
>>274660679
For an mmo, there's hardly any drama in the vg community. However, the general thread is a complete and utter shithole plagued with shitposting, so most of the /vg/ community actively avoid the thread unless absolutely necessary and just talk in irc/steam/skype groups or guild chats when they are on.
>>
>>274669538
Don't do their method
do that one saga mission where you have to keep the monsters away from the dudes until they reach 100%
you can just spam WM on the infinitely spawning hordes of weak but high CP enemies for insanely good WM training
>>
>>274662176
New armor masteries make armor a lot more useful. Wearing my upgraded Roayl Knight armor my defense hits 100 when my base is only 43. Taking 10 less damage per attack is pretty damn useful

Also, who /Mari/ here?
>>
>>274670457
Me. I dunno why everyone chooses Alex.
>>
>>274670457
I think I am, am updating though.
>>
>>274670457
Mari a shit. But slightly less of a shit than all the other options.
>>
>>274670457
Mari a best.
>>
>>274660679
Actually it's just that the thread got infested with a couple of extremely dedicated shitposters who constantly spammed the thread with garbage. At first everyone tried to wait it out but after the shitposting kept up for like three months straight pretty much everyone gave up and left and now the Mabinogi General thread is a wasteland.
>>
>>274670909
That sucks :c
>>
Also, you don't get 3 character cards anymore, you get 6 and an AP 500 potion with daily rebirths. Getting to level 1000 is a complete joke now
>>
>>274672269
Damn really? I don't know if I like that...
>>
Why I tried to get into Mabi then hated it:

1. Constant events are great. Until you realize they're almost all now based around exclusive cash shop items that don't always come back.
2. Horrifying Korean grind required for skills that arent even related to your playstyle in order to even be average
3. Constant anime cross overs and stupid modern vehicular pets
4. Population is (understandably) weeblords and stupid kids
>>
You forgot the part where except for food pretty much everything you make with crafting is insignificant compared to cash shop items, and you need cash shop items to realistically upgrade them. The music system is 10/10 though.
>>
>>274672269
>daily rebirths
You're shitting me right?
>>
>>274673765
only if you're below lvl 1000
>>
>>274673614
I dont recall this being a thing at all.
>>
>>274650286
>not pay to win

wasn't it so you could only resurrect once a month as a free player, and paying players could resurrect once a week? basically getting 50 resurrections a year and being demi gods while free peasants were shit?

also isn't retarded to get into the game right now since everyone must have reincarnated a hundred times and you have no chance to catch up?
>>
>>274676758
What mmo are YOU talking about
>>
>>274676990
Not him but mabinogi. Paying players could drop money for 80 levels in one week while non playing people dropped nothing for about 90 levels if they weren't lazy because level scaling so horribly.

In 3 weeks since the paying player got stronger faster it was also easier for her/him to level up. So eventually paying dude would get to 90 or higher as well and get to 270 in the time it took free dude to get to 80 average. Yes this happens, theres people over 10k while non payers are like 3k.
>>
>>274677740
how does that work? What does the paying guy do differently?
>>
>>274677740
welp that's horrible, how do they expect to ever get new players like that?
>>
>>274673614
But you can just buy the cash shop items from the NX fags using in game gold anyways.
>>
All I know about Mabinogi is that we had a thread years ago about some fisher calling himself muscle fish or strong fish or something who would fish In his underwear. That was probably the last Mabinogi thread I saw.
>>
>>274679852
This sounds great, I kind of want to see this
>>
>>274679852
>>274680306
I'm too lazy to go try and dig it up, but I do know the guy's name was burlyfish or something like that if you want to go archive digging.
>>
>>274680306
>>274680306
It was ages ago And it was before threads were automatically archived so you'd have to find someone with the screen cap which conveniently died with my last computer.

But I'll assure you it was entertaining and manly
>>
File: burlyfish.png (2MB, 3576x3160px) Image search: [Google]
burlyfish.png
2MB, 3576x3160px
>>274680940
Went archive digging, found this.
>>
>>274680940
I remember the archive site was down that day so it's probably only in screen cap form.
>>
>>274676758
Why does everyone act like not being able to catch up to players who have been playing for years is a bad thing?
>>
>>274676758
>>274677740
Players under level 1000 get Beginner benefits, letting them rebirth once a day till total level 1000. 1k+ players or very old accounts get a free rebirth once a week

Also, as long as you're level 1k+, which takes no time at all, you'll be fine in a good bit of the content
>>
>>274682765
there's no motivation to hop on a semi dead game where people are hundreds of days ahead of you and you'll just be a no one
>>
>>274682765
People dont want to feel like little baby scrubs, even In a game where level dont really matter.
>>
>>274683138
Who gives a shit if you're a no one? You're there to have fun and play the content, not be some popular powerful guy. There are plenty of players at your level that you can reach.
>>
File: 1396291050740.jpg (42KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1396291050740.jpg
42KB, 576x432px
>>274681540
>>
>>274660253
Have they updated the graphics? It is a bit outdated for me.
>>
I love the game, but being pure mage is truly suffering.
>>
File: mabinogi_2014_06_14_020.jpg (1MB, 2544x1338px) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_2014_06_14_020.jpg
1MB, 2544x1338px
>>274683984
some korean fag got HD graphic mods but never bother to release them. fuck that nigga
>>
>>274650286
it got shit after fighter, even then fighter was shit
the final nail in the coffin was ninja, that shit is retarded. The fact that its giant-favorable instead of elf made me give up on it.
Theres no point to play an elf, and once you have total 2k+ elf (mine is around 4k) and you realize how shit it is you just give up on the game.
>>
Isn't this the game where if you don't play for a while your character ages and dies and you have to be reborn into someone else and start all over again?
>>
>tfw you can walk with Counter now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDbqqNjFT98
>>
>>274684679
Darn it.

As expected of Koreans.
>>
>>274685416
No?
>>
>>274685929
Oh my bad. I thought this was what I heard back 10 years ago about this game.
>>
So, treasure hunter just got released right? Do they have any plans after that?
>>
so if I start in mabi someone could hook me up with a couple millions? or at least some slutty underwear so I can whore my loli?
>>
>>274687695
The hell is this?
>>
>>274650286
It's a pretty comfy mmo; I just hate the fucking dungeons.
>>
>nice community

GOOD ONE OP!
>>
>>274689664
I find them kind of fun, different from the norm and the bosses are cool. They do a really good job of reusing dungeons too.
>>
The battle system in this game is fucking infuriating.
>>
>>274670909
Every time when someone throws in brown
>>
>>274689407
One of the card things. You buy the card, and you get a bonus to leveling all the specific abilities for the card. And usually some nice items the first time. Treasure hunter was for guns, and adventuring skills I think. As well as some treasure hunting ability.
>>
Mabi's fun, but if you try playing the end game seriously, get ready for major unbalances between weapon types, pay-to-win enchant and upgrade protection, and players just spamming massive AOE-on-summon pets that stun every enemy in the room, allowing them to not actually play the game.
>>
>>274650286
People STILL play that?
Dammit I had a guild in it when I was like 15 or 16, and that was ten years ago.
It was the best guild I ever had the pleasure to join! We were like a family and everyone was so nice to me. And I'll always hate myself for leaving them without giving any form of explanation
>>
>>274691185
Same for me, I had a guild called Silent and we were close as fuck. Sadly though, we slowly melted and I really miss that guild. I even met a weird pedo and a trap-gf through it :c
>>
>>274691938
Mine had a irl couple as leaders, and they treated us as their children. Even giving us cash money to buy stuff sometimes.
I wish I could find a guild like that again.
Maybe now that I'm playing Archeage I'll find one ;_;
>>
File: 1343635377763.jpg (134KB, 733x850px) Image search: [Google]
1343635377763.jpg
134KB, 733x850px
>>274650286

It's was really fun at the beginning when people would actually come together. You could practically run around with someone and talk to that person while going to a new place. I've made myself a Bard and I really enjoyed just playing while people chatted with me while waiting for Luna or other shit. It's wasn't too bad with the bots before the beginning of the end

And then the new continent popped up, running around over plain field for what seems to be hours was shit, It's lacked the the whole synergy between Plains and Towns that the first one had and the gate system was shit because people gave less of a shit about. It's made you feel needy of a mount.

>Pal of mine tells me that Mabinogi Is bloody great right now last year and tells me they're giving away a free mount to new players
>Mfw Tir Chonail is soaked with bots spamming the same shit over and over again
>Mfw the gates can be used anytime now, practically leaving you with no real sense of discovery and travel
>>
>>274691938
>weird pedo
how weird and how pedo?
or are talking the average anon on /v/?
>>
>>274650286
Can't play it because I'm an european and I have too much delay.
>>
File: 4790.jpg (66KB, 247x220px) Image search: [Google]
4790.jpg
66KB, 247x220px
Mabi love stories?

>Make a girl character, because i'm that guy
>Find another person who is also a girl
>She recently broke up with her previous mabi boyfriend, so she's pretty upset
>She seems quite young irl, the way she talks about her mother and homework etc.
>Spend a fucking lot of time together
>Fun and cute
>Do everything together
>Do Doki Doki island
>All our guildmates are jealous of us
>Literally the best person I've met online ever
>Spend hours afking in her farm just talking and watering her strawberries
>Gift items and cute clothes
>etc. etc. etc.
>btw she does think I'm a girl because of my character
>I accidently rebirth into a ten year old, we soon adopt a 'mother-daughter' relationship
>Fast forward a month or two
>Getting a bit bored of Mabinogi
>She asks me to grind the jukebox with her while she goes away for a day, so we can get the flying emote thing
>Get a bit annoyed, I don't really want to do that
>Have a go anyway
>Start to get really fed up of Mabinogi
>Mail her jukebox back to her and log off
>For a long time
>Feel really guilty and upset for a while, why did I leave her, she was great
>I bet I made he feel sad too..
>Half a year later I log back in on a whim
>My 10 year old qt is now a 25+60 year old grown woman
>Message in my mailbox
>"I miss you daughter, hope to see you soon!"
>Ask in the guild where she's gone
>Get told she hasn't logged in for half a year and no one has heard from her since

It still triggers me to this day.
>>
>>274692803
He was dating a married woman and called me his daughter while often times heavily flirted on me. I was somehow ok with that at the time.
>>
>>274693384
oh... you're a grill.... got a Special other? looking for some housbando?
>>
>>274693670
ESL retard please go.
>>
>>274693131
Are you me?
Shit like that happened to me way too many times. And I always end up missing the person one or two months later.
>>
>>274693967
fix my sentence then please
>>
This game probably had my most fun times ever.
I remember when i started i paired up with someone who was new just like me, and when we met we somehow promised to do everything together. Like exploring and doing quests and shit. He was the warrior and i would always heal him. But one day my computer broke and i couldnt get on for a long time. When i got back online, he sent me a mail that he wont be online for a while. And i never saw him after that.
I'd give everything to do that again.
>>
>>274693131
On mobile so its not great

>Make a girl character because I am
>make friends at a girl in my guild
>she is pretty cool, depressed as fucking shit
>we got along though, I was always there to pick her up and set her right
>spent 2 years talking to her, she always refused to give pictures
>we talk more and I still really like her, shes less depressed at this point
>2 years later we ate playing 3ds games together
>still no voice chat or pictures
>still no pictures
>I think nothing of it
>we send cute swapnotes to eavhothet, she seems way happier than when we first met
>we still play mabi together, but she leaves suddenly for a while
>get swapnote from her saying its over netween us
>I cry
>notice that the swapnote mentioned something about lieing and stuff
>SPENT 4 YEARS 'DATING' A GUY PROBABLY ONLY TO GET CRUSHED, AFTER ALL THE DEPRESSION I HELPED IT THROUGH

Hope you enjoyed ^.^ I learned my lesson for sure.
>>
File: 1407240976021.png (216KB, 582x573px) Image search: [Google]
1407240976021.png
216KB, 582x573px
>>274694848
>start playing with friend grill
>dungeons and fungeons
>gets the campfire skill and decides to put a campfire in the middle of two towns near the road
>15 minutes later there's 30 people around the fire sharing food and songs
>>
Because Nexon fucked over my account.
>>
>>274650286
What server? I might do some shit with you later if youre on Mari
>>
Terrible UI and gamefeel keep me from playing it.
>>
>>274695617
What's so bad about that? You could've made new friends if you weren't so angry.
>>
>>274696312
how am i angry
it was a great thing
>>
File: 1359456392687.png (230KB, 587x571px) Image search: [Google]
1359456392687.png
230KB, 587x571px
>>274696501
Why'd you post the angry Miyako then?
>>
Played when open beta happened, but quit because of school. I'm hoping Peria Chronicles winds up being as good.
>>
>>274693131
>Start off with boy character
>Playing game as normal
>See some people looking for guild and I decide to join
>Party with the same people day after day
>One day with all of the usual shenanigans going on we make a PvP bet
>Loser has to gender change into a girl
>This would be purchased by the guild leader
>I enter and ended up losing
>Oh well free rebirth with premium character styles for me
>Now I'm a girl
>Eventually everyone in guild stops playing except me
>I find another guild
>Meet this really nice guy who helps me with a lot of the story quest when no one else would (The one you had to do the dungeon on Saturday)
>He has the multiple people mount and I get free rides
>Suddenly I have the pay 2 win life for free through this guy
>I can now just speed through so much of the story quest because I can travel from place to place much faster
>He even bought me nice dress armor and helped me farm for the succubus' armor

He was so nice even when he found out I wasa guyIRL
>>
File: 1409004846442.png (475KB, 561x554px) Image search: [Google]
1409004846442.png
475KB, 561x554px
>3am
>turn all the sound off except for special effects like the UI beeps and boops
>doing the adventuring quests where you have to find hidden things
>*beep beep* *boop boop* *biddley boop* *boo do doo doo*

This game is so amazingly comfy.
>>
>>274696806
I want a fucking succubus armor, I have wanted it since I countered it off the actual succubus.
>>
Used to play Mabi all the time, but, since I'm in the Tarlach server, I stopped. The Tarlach server is fucking dead these days. I heard Mari is pretty good. What level are you guys and what class? I was just a little over 4k and I was a GM fighter.
>>
>shitty community
>boring repetitive gameplay
>it ends when you run out of money
>new content is years apart (skill renewals arent content)
>main story sucks
>its completely pay to win ith reforges

Stop trying to advertize your shitty fucking game here
>>
>>274691938
Silent on Mari? Holy shit who were you?
>>
>>274696790
>implying that's ever coming out
I'd love to make a nice little town with you guys though.
>>
>>274697770
Tacogirl or Sayie, I joinedusing Sayie and made my alchemist Tacogirl later because of Tacoboy.

Hi btw lol
>>
>>274697742
I will bite.
>Stop liking things i dont like
>>
>>274698049
Oh hai sayie. It's Shiro
>>
>>274698135
Thanks for replying XD
>>
>>274698136
Wtf, I didn't know you used 4chan >.>
>>
>>274695379
Quite literally the same thing happened toe except it was a qt3.14 trap. Ran along with it
>>
>>274650286
I'm still playing the game like crazy but the content is top tier shit and I mean shit as in fecal matter. Busy work at best to get some item at best.
Everyone on Tarlach has been pricing the Fine Reforges at asinine amounts
Not much community here either since it took Nexon so long to take the new tag down on whichever server that was added.
My addiction has been dying lately
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.