[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pointless video game facts you know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 84

File: 34xl6r8.png (228KB, 478x357px)
34xl6r8.png
228KB, 478x357px
Next to the Swamp Shooting gallery is a ledge with two bushes, these bushes will always contain either a Red or two Blue Rupees.
>>
>>274474946
*In Majora's Mask
>>
Following NPCs in Dragon's Dogma will actually change their day to day life. One particular example is Josua, who can be found walking around the urban quarter of Gran Soren. Following him from his appearance to his despawn at at his home at night will actually stop him from spawning the next day. Attempting to talk to him any time after this will cause him to view you as hostile and flee. Giving him the Arisen's Bond will not stop this.
>>
>>274474946
You can stun King Ikana with Deku Link's spin
>>
It never tells you in-game, but in all three Arkham games, you don't have to do the grate-opening button prompt. If you do the running slide, it opens automatically.
>>
In Skyrim you can easily escape Whiterun and run around the world with low poly textures, 2D trees with no hit detection, and areas where the ground isn't even rendered.
>>
>>274475959
So it lets you go to Morrowind?
>>
>>274475896
That's some information I could have used a long time ago.
>>
Wurmple evolves depending on its personality value, a random and unseen factor.
Rapidly confirming and deconfirming the character select button on bowser and luigi in melee can result in it sounding like loser.
Spamming Raditz' "I'll kill you quickly" is effective in beating a mission in DB raging blast
You can break Halo 3 by detonating enough explosives at once
>>
In Metro: Last Light, the AK-47 rifle is better than the 2012 rifle, in terms of full auto accuracy, mag size and damage per bullet.
>>
File: 1355176975122.jpg (72KB, 251x251px)
1355176975122.jpg
72KB, 251x251px
>>274476264
>>
>>274474946

In OoT, throwing a deku nut at a deku scrub makes them come out of their holes.
>>
>>274477682
>Wurmple evolves depending on its personality value, a random and unseen factor.
you mean Nature?
>>
>>274477682
>You can break Halo 3 by detonating enough explosives at once

Explain further.
>>
You can kill an entire room of those Bubbles in OoT with one Deku nut

You can get into the Goron City shop before getting bombs, by using a lit deku stick on the bomb flowers outside it
>>
Flipping the elephant in Halo 3 grants a prompt.

"Hold X to....Wait, how'd you do that?"
>>
In Metroid II, you can do an extra jump after taking damage. Which allows you to go to areas without specific items and shave off multiple minutes in speedruns.

>implying people care about Metroid II
>>
Halo 3 is the only Halo game to use projectile-based shots on long range weapons.
>>
During the final boss fight of MGS3, if you shoot the hidden Kerotan on top of a tree branch it will cause The Boss to get distracted and shoot at it as if it were a thrown magazine.
>>
in pokemon heartgold and soul silver, when you get to the cerulean cape where bill's house is and you take the shortcut back to cerulean city, there's a bunch of "randomly placed" water puddles. However if you walk across the puddles and listen carefully to the noise they make, the timing of the "splash" noise is perfectly in sync with the percussion in the background music. go ahead, try it out. a little music-related trivia from pokemon!
>>
In the Metroidvania games, if you stop time and throw items like knives and axes, they'll freeze in place shortly after you throw them. Once the time's up, they'll go on their intended path. This is a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>274474946

HEY MR. KRABS, WHERE DID YOUR LEGS GO
>>
If you stand on the shed during the fight with Pig Josh he literally cannot hurt you unless you move, making him a painfully easy fight.
>>
>>274477843
Yes and no, it's a bunch of numbers and code that involves whether it will be shiny, the number of iv's, it's nature and everything else about it
>>274477852
Go to forge and pick the stage the allows the most explosive items, spawn them together, along with anything you can find on the stage. Set for everything to spawn as fast as possible and shoot at it. The game can potentially crash or slow down terribly.
>>
>>274477979
Everyone knew the second one
>>
File: 1412012910161.jpg (102KB, 478x640px)
1412012910161.jpg
102KB, 478x640px
70-80% of guns in CoD that are modeled with fire selectors have them set to Semi or Safe even though they are usually fired FA ingame.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1392478376824.jpg (18KB, 400x291px)
1392478376824.jpg
18KB, 400x291px
>Encyclopedic knowledge of Diablo 2/LoD's item variables, action breakpoints and builds.
>Don't even play anymore.
>>
It takes about 9 years to fully complete Runescape.
This means completing all quests, tasks, skills, minigames and so on.
It also takes a year to achieve 99 on all skills, if you play 16 hours a day.
>>
In GTA Vice City Stories, you can use the dodo to break through the flight ceiling of the game. This can be used to let you fly up to the top of the tallest building in the game, as well as find building without roofs. You can fly down through these buildings to go under the city. continuing to fly down will let you load the "interiors" area of the game. Down here you can floating boxes that are the rooms of houses and even the inside of the Hymen Stadium.
>>
File: 10273651456.gif (974KB, 255x138px)
10273651456.gif
974KB, 255x138px
Ocelot's signature hand gestures were improvised by his mo-cap actor in MGS3.
>>
If you press "?" multiple times in Dwarf Fortress it leads you to a screen where the dev (Toady) basically tells you he can't make his instructions any clearer and you need to get good.
>>
In the Japanese GameCube version of Wind Waker, the chest underneath Link's house contains a Piece of Heart. It held an Orange Rupee in the US and PAL versions.
The Piece of Heart that was under the house is at the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth in the US and PAL versions of Wind Waker, but in the Japanese version, the prize was a Yellow Rupee
>>
File: dq3gbart13.jpg (92KB, 269x449px)
dq3gbart13.jpg
92KB, 269x449px
There is a bunny girl and puff puff in every main Dragon Quest game. Even the first one.
>>
>>274478390
Wrong. The new record for getting maxed (read:99 everything) is 44-45 days. Albeit, this is very unlikely for most players but its been done.
>>
>>274474946
In Super Mario World, the level Chocolate Island 2 will send you to different sublevels depending on a few factors.

The first sublevel depends on the amount of coins you have: the conditions are less than eight coins, less than twenty-one coins and more than twenty-one coins. The second sublevel depends on the timer: 250 or more seconds, 235-249 seconds, or 234 and less.
>>
>>274478390
Also you can get a comp cape in like a year if you don't have a life, not 9. you just suck
>>
superpowermultiply
iamtheceoofmcdougaldouglas
moremoney
lotsmoremoney
>>
File: 1416130834000.png (458KB, 788x590px)
1416130834000.png
458KB, 788x590px
>>274478342
>Can remember everything about all games I play
>Can't remember a maths equation for shit.
>>
>>274474946
In OoT, you can climb the chains of the door at the entrance of hyrule market, If you climb the left one to the top and jump to the center you' ll get a blue rupee.
>>
>>274478624
Well shit.
>>
File: NITRO.jpg (26KB, 150x188px)
NITRO.jpg
26KB, 150x188px
>>274475345
>>274475896
>>274477682
>>274478040
>>274478071
>>274478328
>>274478392
neat. keep it up /v/

Ape Escape 3 has an ape version of Ratchet from Ratchet & Clank in exclusively the European and Japanese versions of the game, activated by a special code. In the American version, an equivalent code produces a generic version of Ape Ratchet, a monkey in cyborg armor.
Interestingly enough, looking at unused content it's possible there's an unused code to catch Ape Ratchet, meaning that nobody in the NTSC-U territory has fully, 100% completed the game. I found that out by myself.
>>
>>274475710
WHAT
>>
Encyclopedic knowledge of an MMO whose servers have been shut-down. What's the point in life?
>>
The Advance Wars 2 AI is programmed to attack APCs no matter what other units might be in range.
>>
>>274478769
Because you care about video games but not math. If you cared about math, it'd come naturally for you.
source: logic
>>
The highest scoring attack in Double Dragon for the NES is the headbutt. It is the most logical way to score 50,000 points as it gives you about 1000 a hit. I know this because I wanted to achieve that mythical score they talked about in the Wizard. Between it hurting you for doing it and still trying to beat the level logically, the soonest I got 50,000 points was right at the start of the forest. Good way to level up really quickly.
>>
>>274478024
Hopefully when AM2R comes out there'll be more interest. It's a fun game.
>>
Spread throughout Halo 4 are a number of audio logs that explain pieces of fiction not explained to the player otherwise. No, I'm not talking about the video terminals either. The level "Composer" has the most.

Also in the second level of the game, hidden around the level are at least two SAWs, two rocket launchers and a single shotgun and sniper rifle
>>
I've memorized the hitboxes of all the attacks in Dark Souls.
>>
File: Luigiii.jpg (157KB, 893x669px)
Luigiii.jpg
157KB, 893x669px
You can KO and Spike characters with Luigi's taunt in Smash Bros. Since it deals 1 damage if it connects.
>>
>>274478095
>This is a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

You aren't seriously this delusional, right?

You're just making a funny joke, right?
>>
You can block attacks in Silent Hill 2 by pressing the run button while stationary.
>>
>>274478226
I love Red Dead Revolver, underrated as hell.
>>
>>274476264
Except for all the things that made morrowind good. So its more like going to Skyrim.
>>
There are two gold statues near the end of Spec Ops: The Line that, if you look back down the escalator after passing them, will briefly take on different positions. On one play-through one was made of burning flesh. On another one was pointing its fingers like a gun at the other's head. There are actually quite a few of these weird little embellishments in there.
>>
>>274478987
Did you even read the OP? It said pointless.
>>
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, is the only GBA game that's known to have two different NOT FOR RESALE cartridges, one as the full game, and the other is marked DEMO and has only the first few dungeons. Both were used as demos by stores
>>
>>274478993
Nah, everything is a Jojo reference to Jojo fans.
>>
In GTA The Ballard of Gay Tony, you can kill Niko and Packie if go back to fight them in the mission where you meet them.
>>
>There are 4 maps in the Dawn of war series that allow the eldar to migrate their base where no other race can reach
>If you preview an item from the Dota2 loadout screen then change tabs and choose a different hero you can equip items on the wrong heroes
>>
>>274478095
at least choose one of the actual jojo references, like Cagnazzo or Zephyr
>>
There is a sprite in Tales of Phantasia for the snes that is a direct recolor of the fairy in A Link to the Past, no other changes done.
>>
>>274478993
Haven't you played it? They love JoJo.
>Stone Mask in a library
>monster that stops time and throws knives
>can get a punching ghost that goes ORA ORA ORA
>can also get an item that makes you punch stuff while going ora ora
>>
>>274478829
And that undodgeable attack he does where his head chases you? You can avoid it if you roll around in a circle as Goron Link.

I used to play the game religiously for like a month last year
>>
In Super Mario 64, there's a 255 coin limit. If you hit this limit in the Japanese game, you get 'negative lives'. The other versions don't have this. The only way to legitimately do this is to collect all 255 coins from the Bowser fight(s). At that point you can't collect any more coins. The results screen displays a number less than 255 coins at the end.

It's been awhile since I looked into this, so I could be wrong. I even tried this once. It took about an hour.
>>
>>274478009
>not filling them both with as many 0 second respawning explosives as possible and making them fly through around the map on CTF and making the teams attempt landings via banshees
>>
File: Zephyr.gif (2KB, 43x69px)
Zephyr.gif
2KB, 43x69px
>>274478993
With all the jojo references in castlevania games I actually wouldn't be surprised, but he does seem to be grasping
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=jojo&fulltext=Search
Some of the things are a bit of a stretch as its a wiki, but some characters outright quote jojo in japanese versions

Fits if you ask me, what with the whole bloodline and vampires themes matching up
>>
>>274478095
>>274478993
hahah this guy sounds like the retards that edit like spongebob wikis and shit where they take the most obscure shit and tie it to something else like it's a reference like "squidward turned his head left and that may be a reference to this episode 302 of bleach"
>>
The ambient sound in the GC menu is the famicom disc boot music slowed down.
>>
File: lp2fatale.jpg (17KB, 247x329px)
lp2fatale.jpg
17KB, 247x329px
If you choose the Femme Fatale multiplayer character in Lost Planet 2 and equip her with the jungle pirate top, you can make her boobs jiggle by rotating her while in the equipment screen.
>>
>>274479447
A-Anon? Do you read the Spongebob Squarepants wiki?
>>
King Dedede has been in every single Kirby game except Amazing Mirror. This is why he fights his and Meta Knight's mirror selves in Kirby Triple Deluxe.
>>
>>274479492
Ive spent some real time doing this
>>
>>274479176
Its a hallucination that depends on whether or not you shot the gun pinned by the burning truck, or let him burn alive (with a respective statue).

Spec ops is full of stuff like that. Like the general's face on stuff, and I think protag abandons trigger discipline before the end. Also a tree that dies when you look at it again.
>>
There's a buried Lava Cookie in Pokemon FireRed, located directly to the south of the hidden truck near the SS Anne.

The house on Seven isle with the barricaded door allowed you to fight e-Reader trainers in the Japanese version.

You can access the area behind the minigame building on Two Island by maxing out the score counter on the Dodrio Berry Picking minigame. There's nothing interesting there. This is exclusive to the 1.0 version of the game.
>>
You can break the penis off a statue in an early level in MGS4.

It only happens after you use the disguise function of the statue multiple times
>>
>>274479492
>LP3 was shitty
>no more Monster Hunter with guns

fuck
>>
>>274479354
I fucking hated that attack, i think i used the bunny hood and usually outran it but i never thought of using Goron Link thank you based anon
>>
Lots of random stuff I've picked up from speedrunning

There's an extra world in Bomberman Hero that most people have never played. You have to have an autofire controller or mash A like crazy as the game starts up. If done correctly, there will be an extra option to select at the main menu
In Sonic Generations, the entirety of Crisis City Modern is loaded behind the white world
The item drops aren't random in The Legend of Zelda. They work off a counter system. If you know the pattern you can get guaranteed drops from enemies
The original System Shock has a similar system but way more complex
Doshin the Giant is hidden in the data files for Twilight Princess
>>
You can sprint and jump over the railing on the left side of the stairs leading down to the buttresses with the two dragonslayer bow silver knights, by passing the obnoxious act of luring the batwing demons out one at a time or even worse the painful fight with all three at once
>>
Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout's fighter roster was entirely decided upon by a Bandai poll of Japanese fans. The roster ended up consisting of SIX different Gokus and only 9 different characters. After it came out everyone complained there was too much Goku
>>
I know the location of every Secret Shop in the Fire Emblem series.
>>
>>274477852
On Sandtrap and Sandbox, if you lay as many tripmines as possible in a single spot and detonate them all at once, it breaks the map and the bombs that pop up out of the ground (Sandtrap) and the lasers from the turrets (Sandbox) stop working.
>>
>>274479536
Not him but I actually have, it's surreal
>>
>>274474946
In the PS2 game Galerians: Ash, a track early in the game can be heard during a fight with security robots called Buseki. This very track is a variation of a theme in the Galerians: Rion movie called Short. That theme first appeared in the PSX Galerians game as a track which sampled from Nine Inch Nails' Terrible Lie.

It is the only piece of music that has appeared in every single installment in the Galerians series in some shape or form.
>>
>>274479536
oh fuck off there was some thread about poochie characters this morning and they mentioned spongebob so i looked at that to see what they were talking about
yeah they have a section devoted to this shit:
Cultural references

The name Kenny the Cat may be a reference to Tom Kenny, SpongeBob's voice actor. The 1st 2 words was the reference to Discovery Kids' animated TV Series "Kenny the Shark."
Kenny's appearance is similar to Tom from Tom and Jerry (as stated above) and the cartoon version of Salem Saberhagen from Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
The way Sandy thought Kenny was a fraud (and was) could be a reference to celebrities in real life, and how people think about them.
>>
You can hold down the button to buy shares in GTA V.
>>
>>274479825
>The item drops aren't random in The Legend of Zelda. They work off a counter system. If you know the pattern you can get guaranteed drops from enemies
Can you explain further?
>>
>>274474946
zeldas lulaby repairs broken signs

in mgs3 if you spin snake in circles a few times when you're in the menu looking at your camouflage he'll throw up when you unpause the game because he got dizzy
>>
In nethack, if you polymorph into something that can eat stone, which doesn't exist in the base game, and eat a flintstone the game will say 'Yabba Dabba Doo!'
>>
>>274479924
oh dear lord
>>
>>274474946
in megaman x3, blizzard buffalo bosss fight, if after he try to ram you and hit the wall, the moment he is turning you do the vertuical dash, he will turn and hit the wall again, you can do this all the time you want make him hes fight incredible easy

>>274478769
its good to know that i actually care for something and is not just a distraction.
>>
You can't sprint and jump at the same time in Skyrim.
>>
Pokemon Gold and Silver, you can grab an invisible potion in front of Mr. Pokemon's house. I remembered that replaying the game after 14 years and it amazed me.
>>
>>274479198

Pointless can mean many things in this context.

Second of all, it is pointless. You will never actually kill a person with Luigi's taunt unless you get EXTREMELY lucky. Like a 1/10000000 chance.
>>
>>274479975
>zeldas lulaby repairs broken signs
In Wind Waker, the Wind's Requiem will do the same thing
>>
The Silencer treasure in Pikmin 2 had a value of 666 pokos in the japanese release. The waterwraith's rollers can be petrified separately from the creature itself, and it will struggle to move them.

You can hear some developer commentary in Metroid Prime 3 by pressing the right buttons in Samus's ship.

There is a painting of the Skull Knight in Drakengard.
>>
There are a few bosses in the first kingdom hearts game that don't load invisible walls, allowing you to simply leave the area and fight them later

the most interesting one is the reverse armor, because you can have him chase you around the second district of traverse town for almost the entire game, as you only need to beat him to open up the second to last level
>>
In Don't Starve, if you take a character-specific item with you, you'll get another one, but after closing and reopening your save, the second item will be gone.

In Risk of Rain, while paying as Merc, if you get enough Goat Hooves you can pass trough slim walls.
>>
>>274479810
These arent pointless but fuck it

You can freeze King Garo with Ice Arrows

You can get up Ikana Canyon without Ice Arrows by hookshotting a tree from the wrong side of the canyon. There's a specific spot to stand.

You can hop the fence to Great Bay by placing a bomb down, turning into a Goron, and doing a ground pound at the right time
>>
the unlockable phone numbers from beating god of war 1 on the highest difficulty still work as of a month ago, meaning that the number has been in use for over a decade
>>
>>274479949

Not the guy, but he's probably referring to the original Zelda. Certain items have a higher spawn rate when fighting certain enemies (bombs and blue rupees off blue enemies while hearts and single rupees off red enemies, etc).
>>
>>274478328
.cont
More then half of AW's primary gun models are taken from Ghosts and retooled.
>>
>>274480115
so will the Song of Healing in Majora's Mask
>>
>>274480038
nah man it gets worse it's hilarious let me go check some other sperg wikis
Cultural references

The flashback where the Lich and shadow figures walk away from the exploding mushroom bomb is similar to the flashback in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind where the god warriors walk through a burning city.
The Mushroom War releasing magic into the world is similar to the backstory of Wizards.
The fleet of planes that Ice King saw flying in the sky were Boeing B-29 Superfortress planes. A B-29 Superfortress is a US-developed heavy bomber that is famous in WWII, primarily used to destroy Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The name of the Town that Finn visits shares its name with a post-war settlement from the 1997 Post-Apocalyptic video game Fallout.
>>
In Mass Effect 3, vaginas are modeled on Edi and Banshees.
>>
The cops in Assault do not have an animation for being knocked against a wall or having their throat slit via standing execution, so neither are viable options for killing them
The detectives on floor two are the only enemies in the game that do not kill you when they hit you
Also when reacting to gun fire the detectives prioritize searching the exact location you fired from above everything else, meaning if you fire around a corner and they come running you can walk right past them shooting them and they will not respond to you until they reach the place you first shot from
Killing enemies who do not have a weapon visible on them when they spawn (ie sitting down or on the phone) before they notice you can cause them to drop different weapons than they ordinarily are supposed to be able to; most notable one I found is the very first mobster on Push It always drops a baseball bat if you knock him down but if you execute him through the door he can drop any ordinary melee weapon or any gun
I could give a lot of info on that game, I fucking love it
>>
The first "enemy" in Demon's Souls will never attack you. I guess he's just chilling.
>>
The bayonetta character enzo was originally referenced in the manual for the first devil may cry as an informant of dantes
>>
>MW3 (sucks)
In MW3, the USAS 12, MP9, and Scorpion give the player a longer sprinting distance. If a player begins to sprint with one of them and switches to a different weapon, the effect will still last until the player can no longer sprint.

This also stacks with extreme conditioning for the longest possible sprint duration.

>CoD4 (dead)

The AK-74u has the same slower running speed as assualt rifles.

Only the R700 and Barrett can 1HK a juggernaut user in the chest.
>>
>>274480078
If you crouch with no weapon out in first person then switch to third person and draw a weapon you will stay crouched and have stealth active but will move as fast as if you were jogging
>>
In Pokemon Conquest, if you send a warrior who has bonded with a Meowth to mine for gold you will trigger an event that gives you extra gold.
>>
If you speed up the background tones in the Wii Sports theme by about 1000%, you can here a harmonic version of Totaka's Song.
>>
In Skyrim, if you polymorph into a skeever, the game will crash when you try to change back, since there is no code for it.
>>
There's an invisible PC in the corner of the Celadon City Hotel in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, if you stand in front of it's square you can access storage as normal.

Every Pokemon game that describes losing a battle as "Blacking out" has the screen go white, while those that say you "whited out" will turn the screen black.

Nintendo had planned to make Pokemon's mascot Clefairy back in 1996, but Pikachu became overwhelmingly popular that the anime had to adopt him as Ash's partner, making Pikachu the official mascot
>>
>>274479949
Every 10th enemy you kill drops an item. Killing a specific enemy can change what is dropped
>>
In pokemon gold/silver, if you go to the house that used to be the pokemon daycare in the previous generation in Kanto, it will be locked and with a sign that says "House for Sale... Nobody lives here."

In pokemon crystal, on the top floor of the Celadon Mansion "talk" to the wall that's part of the structure where the stairs are, you'll get the text "There's graffiti on the wall... PLAYER added a moustache!"

In the 4th generation of games, arceus was introduced, and it's normal type. It can change its type to any type in the game by holding plates. There was until then a typeless type kind, the ???, which had only one move assigned to it, curse. To prevent the game from crashing if arceus happened to take ??? form, a sprite for the ??? form was added into the game. A hacked ??? arceus will act as typeless and take neutral damage and never stab, except for judgement, that will convert into ??? type and deal neutral damage to all pokemon.
??? type was fully removed on the 5th generation and Course switched to being a ghost move.

In the same generation, there was the azure flute, an event-only item intended to unlock some extra scenes/game and allow you to capture arceus in game. This item was never distributed making the arceus impossible to reach through normal means because the producers thought it was going to be an event "too difficult to understand"
>>
>>274480329
Because he's supposed to teach you how to attack, duh
>>
>>274480423
You can also increase sneaking speed by blocking while you move.
>>
If you put symphony of the night into a cd player, you'll receive a short message from alucard followed by a music track you can't otherwise hear in the game
>>
In Elebits, there is a Robbie the Rabbit statue item (Elebits was developed by Konami as well).

Il Paintissimo in Super Mario Sunshine has the face model from the mailman in LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

>>274479924
That reminds me of what Bulbapedia sometimes posts:
>Seel is a corruption of the sea creature seal.
No shit. Oh well I guess they're just trying to be consistent.
>>
>>274480259
the model for the M4A1 in MW2 had no shell ejection door
>>
In Hotline Miami on Chapter 3: Decadence, It's possible to kill the boss in only two shotgun blasts instead of three. After the boss falls from the 2nd shotgun blast, you can walk onto him and gouge his eyes out then and there. You can also gouge his eyes out after the 3rd blast, before he sits back up and begs you not to kill him, but most people probably already knew that one.
The art used for his fallen sprite is the same for the 2nd and 3rd shotgun blasts, and is probably related to him being killable early.
I found this out by accident while speedrunning.

In the Final Chapter: Showdown, the final boss is momentarily immune to damage after being hit by the first throwing knife. You have to give him a second before throwing the second (and/or third) knife, or it will just go right through him and you'll probably get gunned down for acting too fast.
>>
>>274480103
In the original pokemon red and blue, there is an invisible PC that you can use in the right corner of the hotel you can't stay at in celadon.
>>
in mgs3 you run faster up hills and stairs if you wear a cardboard box
>>
>>274478432
citation needed
>>
>>274480401
Considering the AKS is an assault rifle, this is correct.
>>
Each grandfather clock in FF6 gives an elixir when interacting with it.
>>
If you hold Jigglypuffs shield down all the way and it breaks, you Suicide.
>>
File: Green_Elebit.jpg (12KB, 278x497px)
Green_Elebit.jpg
12KB, 278x497px
>>274480532
>Elebits
OH FUCK
I didn't think someone else remebered that game.
Game makes me feel fuzzy inside for some reason.
>>
>>274477682
>Rapidly confirming and deconfirming the character select button on bowser and luigi in melee can result in it sounding like loser.

Hehe, I remember a friend showing me this as a kid
>>
>>274480431
If you speed up the GameCube's menu theme you will hear the Famicom startup music
>>
You only get one masterball, so make sure to use it on a rare pokemon such as a scyther or zubat.
>>
The female guard from the Hoxton Breakout trailer is in the game and is dispatched at the start of the Hoxton Breakout heist day 1. If you take her hostage you can Joker her, and she has the same voice lines as a regular male guard
You can fight alongside a mtf trans if you truly wish to
>>
>>274480632
Nu ah. It's a PDW.
>>
ruben langon, the voice of dante starting with devil may cry 3, also did all of his motion capture
>>
If you go to the TMV train station in Pokemon X/Y there's a message behind one of the electric signs.
>>
File: Krunk.jpg (81KB, 734x387px)
Krunk.jpg
81KB, 734x387px
Krunk, from Metal Arms:Glitch in the System, is voiced by Dan Castellaneta, the voice actor for Homer Simpson.
>>
>>274480563
The right side of the reciever for the M16A4 is not modeled in MW2 (can be seen on high sensitivity)
>>
>>274480764
Can you play as Old Hoxton now?
>>
File: fzerogx.jpg (19KB, 188x268px)
fzerogx.jpg
19KB, 188x268px
Spade is the only driver you cannot see driving throught he cockpit glass, no matter how much you tweak the replay camera.
For that reason, he's likely the only character in the game without a in-race driving model.
>>
>>274480856

After busting him out of prison.
>>
After collecting the Berserk Gene is Pokemon Crystal, flying directly to the Seafoam Gym and talking to Blaine will yield unique dialogue. Using a Pokemon Center or entering battle after collecting the Gene will prevent the event from taking place.
>>
Rare once tried to make a handheld game console with Neo Geo levels of graphics callex the Playboy. The Game Boy's appearance at an expo knocked some sense into them, and it was cancelled before it was even announced.
>>
There is a glitch in Donkey Kong Country that turns Rambi the Rhino into a choppy, gray-colored Donkey Kong. While this glitch is active, DK will constantly thrust forward and back as if riding Rambi, making it look like he's fucking himself.
>>
File: 1284151577552.jpg (11KB, 251x189px)
1284151577552.jpg
11KB, 251x189px
In R/B/Y/FR/LG, in Silph Co. there is one stat boosting item per floor hidden inside of a plant.
>>
In Super Mario 64 DS if you close the DS while standing next to the Chomp-Chomp in Bob-omb Battlefield, the Chomp-Chomp barks when Mario says "Bye bye!" as the DS goes into sleep mode.
>>
Pokemon's development team was having trouble compressing just the Johto data for Gold and Silver to fit on a cartridge, but HAL Labs programmer Satoru Iwata was able to optimize the data enough that the team was able to include nearly all of Kanto as well
>>
>>274478993
I think he means Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow where there is a boss called Zephyr that could stop time, throw knifes and used quotes from Dio Brando
>>
>>274480873
The entirety of F-Zero AX can be found in Gx's code.
>>
Gracie is a man in the japanese version of animal crossing, which is why she has a male voice
>>
The Cloaker's 4th wall breaking lines in Payday 2 exist primarily to joke with the community about how much difficulty Overkill Studios had when implementing them. They were originally planned to be in the game on release and were almost entirely finished but they were unable to fix a game crashing bug with them by the time deadlines rolled around. They specifically included lines that referenced peoples' two most common initial reactions to cloakers: wanting to hear their new voice lines and getting upset at the difficulty spike they created when implemented
>I bet you let yourself get hit just to hear what I have to say!
>Now go to the forums and cry like the little bitch you are!
>>
>>274480754
Go to bed Oak.
>>
The Walking Dead game was made because Robert Kirkman played Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
>>
>>274480842
He also does the voice for the Genie from Aladdin in the Kingdom Hearts games.
>>
Earthbound's code can be used as an emulator for itself with only minor tweaking.
>>
in portal1, you can glitch the game in order to take a sentry turret inside glados chamber. You can bait the turret to shoot you and if the missed bullets hits glados, it "dies" instantly (loses the cores)

Alternativelly, without a glitch, from outside the last emancipation grid and outside glados chamber, you can place a portal with a turret in an angle that it reaches glados and bait the bullets. The bullets are not stopped by the emancipation grid and you kill glados even before reaching it ant activating the first events. (you still need to manually pick up the dropped cores and throw them in the fire pit)
>>
>>274481048
I believe Gracie was retconned into a man no?
>>
In World of Tanks, there's a spot in Kharkov in the lower-east corner, where if you drive your tank in between 2 indestructible cars, you can send it flying across the map and even glitch it below, making you invincible for the rest of the match.
>>
>>274480856
Yes, and he even has unique dialogue lines when calling Houston
They are not very nice
>>
in the non-fes version of persona 3 there are a number of ways to trigger glitchy un-translated dialogue, comprised of random shapes and the odd japanese character

among these are trying to sell something you have equipped to the drug store, or asking yukari to heal you while she's tired
>>
>>274478040
I used that trick since I beat her by sneaking and sniping
Took almost all the way to the end of he time limit
>>
File: Deaglew_2.png (193KB, 563x376px)
Deaglew_2.png
193KB, 563x376px
The Magnum sidearm in Left 4 Dead 2 does not have any form of indentation at the front of the gun. It's a flat surface. There is nowhere for the bullets to come out of.
The right side of the gun is untextured in the viewmodel. That side is not normally visible to the player, anyway.
>>
>>274480890
It's about time.
>>
>>274475959
>tfw I discovered this 5 days after buying the game while training alteration/sneak in whiterun
>>
The most common way to achieve sentient Kaiser in Breath of Fire 3 is to use the Failure gene, but you can also use Trance and Radiant which will result in a more powerful version.
>>
>>274480842
Dan Castellaneta voice Earthworm Jim in his cartoon.
>>
>>274481051
Hell, they even gave out an achievement for getting downed by one!
>>
Clicking on the nose of Freddy in the poster in your office will make an amusing horn sound
>>
>>274480848
In Black Ops 1's first few weeks, the PSG1's damage was significantly reduced if extended magazines was used. This was patched out.
>>
You can complete many of the Co-op test chambers in Portal 2 solo (well, not complete, but reach the chamber lock).

>>274480960
>HAL labs programmer Satoru Iwata
U wot m8
>>
There's a wedge of cheese in every Perfect Dark level. They do absolutely nothing.
>>
File: toonstruckalt.jpg (194KB, 800x1015px)
toonstruckalt.jpg
194KB, 800x1015px
>>274480842
He was also Christopher Lloyd's sidekick in Toonstruck
>>
>>274480362
This is referenced in some of the extra art in the Bayonetta art book, where Enzo is playing (and winning, because he sucks at poker) strip poker with a certain someone.
>>
The dance Crash Bandicoot does in Warped when the game is left idle originated from a Japanese commercial for the first game.
>>
>>274480960
Earthbound's development was saved because Iwata re-programmed most of himself
>>
>>274481317
Iwata worked as a code monkey in 1998
>>
>Halo CE
You can 1-shot kill a Hunter
>Halo 2
Blind is the only skull that spawns on all difficulties. There is a skull on regret that also spawns but it doesnt do anything
>Halo 3
You can punch off Johnsons hat.
>Halo 3 ODST
One of the NPC's use a BR during the NMPD mission
>Halo Reach
In campaign, the Banshees either dont have a pilot, or their pilots arent aggressive towards the player. They will simply stand still if removed from the vehicle
>Halo Wars
The Arbiter is the most OP commander in MP
>Halo 4
Theater was not included in the campaign because of QTE's.
>>
>>274481338
Speaking of Payday 2, during the Safehouse Nightmare event, If you just look at the ground, the headless Titandozers will not shoot you.
>>
>>274475959
I'm pretty sure you can't do that because I often have a dead dragon spawn in Whiterun and I get rid of him with firebolts that send him flying. He hits an invisible wall outside of Whitrun.
>>
>>274480431

Is there a video of this?
>>
In Ar Tonelico, there are several H-scenes that are inaccessible by normal means but are still in the game files. The game also has a total of 832 unused character animations, along with having a hidden dungeon only accessible by re-visiting the starting town during the last chapter that is extremely well hidden contains end-game gear and items as frequent drops from enemies with insane difficulties, and a boss that is similar in difficulty to ruby weapon.
>>
>>274480285
but those aren't worse, in fact the majority of them are relatively relevant cultural references. Hell, I don't even watch adventure time but I know how these aren't anywhere near as bad as the mental gymnastics you'd have to do in order to come to the conclusions outlined in >>274479924 this post
>>
In Red Dead Redemption, the house in Tumbleweed is actually not haunted. There is a gang of bandits that loads inside one of the locked rooms in the main house and will talk amongst themselves. You can't get into the room, but you can see them by manipulating the camera through the wall.

>>274480670
Which SSB game? The first one?

>>274480710
Oh yes, it's one of my favorite games of all time for that same reason. I love the music and gameplay.
>>
In The Last Stand you can continuously fire most automatic weapons while reloading. Usually this will result in bullet casings leaving your gun and your ammo count depleting before being refilled during your reload animation, but bullets will not fly out. The Uzi however does fire bullets while reloading and shooting, and with its high rate of fire and magazine size you can fire a huge stream of bullets out without ever stopping to reload
>>
There is an Easter Egg in Batman: Arkham Asylum that reveals the plot of the second game, Arkham City. However, it was so well-hidden (behind a destructible wall with no indication that it is destructible, or anything other than a regular wall) that the developers just came out and revealed the Easter Egg when it was still undiscovered a few months after release.

The one-armed inmate in Arkham Asylum, the one in the same room as Clayface's cell, is modeled after someone who won a contest to be featured in the game.
>>
the pillars that appear in the ps2 bootup translate to the number and playtime of all the save data on the memory cards

you can rotate the little ps2 logo that's on the front of the disk drive
>>
Dante from DMC was planned as a guest character, however, negatiations with Capcom didn't go too far and the idea was ultimately scrapped.
>>
The Neverhood backstory is based off creationism.
>>
I don't remember them at this point, but there was a time where I was brute forcing NES games with game genie codes and keeping a log of what each of them do.
>>
File: Fallout map.png (112KB, 1931x862px)
Fallout map.png
112KB, 1931x862px
>>274474946
>Know ENTIRE lore of Fallout universe memorized

This will never be helpful ever
>>
>>274481705
That's because Doug TenNapel is a hardcore Christian
>>
>>274479726
There's actually a trophy for this now
>>
>>274481431
Working with EAD on Pokemon Stadium, Iwata was able to port the battle scenario code from Red and Green versions onto N64 freehand, without any instructions on said code
>>
>>274481572
yeah it's hit and miss i just googled "adventure time wiki" and looked up a random episode you get my point though and it's worth a laugh if you're ever reading one of these wikis just to look out for shit like that
>>
Because it would cause issues with the japanese ratings board, future gohan has both of his arms in every recent dragon ball z game

however to get around this, the animators only ever had him use one arm, with the other noticeably never moving

>>274481539
>In Ar Tonelico, there are several H-scenes that are inaccessible by normal means but are still in the game files.
bullshit
>>
>>274478009
The elephant was so broken and yet so great.

>drive up to wreckage of covenant ship
>drive up it as far as you can and continue holding up
>watch and be amazed as the game drops to 5 FPS for everyone
>that rage over the mic
>those death threat messages

Fuck I miss Halo 3. If the MCC wasn't such a broken mess I might actually have gotten an xbone just to play it.
>>
can someone post the "Did you know" about pulling out sonic the hedgehog 2 cartridge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc

Dante's dialogue in the scene where he gets Lucifer was completely ad-libbed by his voice and mo-cap actor, Reuben Langdon.

When going for an older Dante for DMC4, Langdom said he based his performance on Roy Focker, one of the characters from Macross.
>>
>>274481745
You can provide information for Fallout wikis
>>
In Bully, you can kiss a boy.
>>
>>274481772
Seriously? Damn.

I genuinely discovered this hiding from guys in a run around the time the game came out and died because I was laughing too hard to react to the enemies killing me
>>
You can hold down the button to drink in New Vegas and Fallout 3.
>>
File: 1399703187988.jpg (1MB, 960x800px)
1399703187988.jpg
1MB, 960x800px
Looking through Kirby's Return to Dream Land's files and magolor's dialog I found out if you talk to him too much he'll get annoyed and ask of you to get back to "helping" him, he's a demanding bitch
>Kirby, I'm glad you like talking to me so much, but... Why don't you stop wasting time and get back to your adventure? You Popstar folk sure do take your time, don't you?
>Kirby, please hurry up and get back to your quest. I mean, seriously. You're a hero, for crying out loud. You should be excited to help me!
>Kirby, it may seem like I'm just hanging out in here, but I'm pretty busy. I'm way behind on my chores, and I really need a haircut. So please stop distracting me and get on with your adventure!
>Dude. Seriously. Hurry up and finish your quest already. If you don't actually help me out, your offer to help me out is kind of mean... SO HURRY AND HELP ME OUT, KIRBY!
Haven't tried it on the game though, hope its not one of those cut or not implemented things, can't see why it would be, probably just takes A LOT of bugging magolor
>>
How much of Nintendo's history would've been outright impossible without Iwata?
>>
The Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on PS2 had a bug that erased all your saved data on your memory card.
>>
File: d64f7.png (143KB, 257x322px)
d64f7.png
143KB, 257x322px
>>274480873
What if the car IS Spade?
>>
>>274481841
>go in forge
>delete everything on sandbox or whatever
>stuff elephant full of explosives
>shoot them
>elephant flies everywhere and the explosives never stop exploding
>>
In the final level of super mario 64 there's an unkillable goomba at the bottom of the map that you can't get to because it's below the death line
Goombas are usually in pairs of three, but one was placed too far off an edge and ended up in the abyss
>>
File: evil otto.png (891B, 267x269px)
evil otto.png
891B, 267x269px
Is the only video game villain that has actually caused the death of a player in real-life, more or less.
>>
File: dykg.png (141KB, 500x500px)
dykg.png
141KB, 500x500px
I'm not dumping anything I only saved the one.
>>
>>274481582
>Which SSB game? The first one?
All of them.
>>
There's an unreleased pitch/prototype of a crossover between Worms and Lemmings, made in 2006. No screenshots or artwork exist of it.
>>
>>274481912
I have.

Only thing I can now use my knowledge for is becoming obsessed with the next game and being editing wiki on day 1
>>
Since Animal Crossing is almost a straight port of an N64 game, the GameCube version can be played without the disc inserted once it starts, running totally off of system RAm
>>
File: 1417678301241-1.jpg (66KB, 606x586px)
1417678301241-1.jpg
66KB, 606x586px
The speed shoes songs from SA1 and 2 are based off of Gunbuster's main theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvh9x_9wiNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVViQ87Lgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_2isD-yu8
>1:05
Not to mention Mecha Sonic does kinda resemble Gunbuster when you think about it.

Also Kremlings were originallly meant for Battletoads.
>>
>>274481295
Most of the guns in BO are anachronistic
>>
File: harrier.gif (33KB, 64x64px)
harrier.gif
33KB, 64x64px
You can walk during codec calls in MGR:R
A harrier in CoD MW2 will fire missiles at other killstreaks, an attack helicopter will attempt to fight back but usually always lose
Airblasting people on fire in TF2 will put out the fire
>>
the only way to get one of the monsters in the first monster rancher game is by inserting the december 1997 windows demo disk from now defunct gaming magazine ultra game players

the magazine went under a little over a year later.
>>
The intro cinematic of Borderlands was made with motioncap.

The games director (a man) motioncapped Liliths animation.
>>
>>274479924
I loved Kenny the Shark.
>>
>>274481775
And the motherfucker fixed glitches while he was at it, like defeating an enemy with Hyper Beam not requiring you to recharge.
>>
The uniquely named AI on the America's Army 2 coop map Interdiction, such as GeorgeSteele, are named after various notable players
Their more responsive and dangerous AI are related to them taking part in the competitive scene for the game
>>
>>274481745
>>274482089
Tell me about Wasteland Rangers from fallouts POV
>>
File: 1239245572907.gif (367KB, 500x316px)
1239245572907.gif
367KB, 500x316px
In Metro 2033, on the trolley level with Pavel (trolley combat?) if you wait long enough at the pneumatic door at the beginning of the level, Pavel will fall asleep and start snoring. Once you honk he will wake up grunting and startled.
>>
File: sanic.png (217KB, 500x500px)
sanic.png
217KB, 500x500px
>>274481895
>>
>>274482180
That may be a result of not having documents of the code to work with, otherwise it may have been straight up ported. He essentially rewrote the coding through his knowledge of the game and memory
>>
Feeling like watching some more Vincent Price shit, man.
>>
A few random lines in the Digital Devil Saga games are untranslated. Most notably one of Gale's in the very first cutscene of the first game.
>>
>>274480148
I remember doing this with the reverse Armor when I was younger. It was pretty cool that the music would start back up and he'd just be floating right there waiting for you.

What other bosses do this?
>>
File: 1388044546878.jpg (123KB, 580x869px)
1388044546878.jpg
123KB, 580x869px
in pokemon red/blue, if you go to celadon and enter the hotel that looks like a pokemon center and stand where the PC would be in a pokemon center ( but isnt in this building ) you can use the PC anyway. I dont know if Ive seen anyone else say this online or if its just common knowledge
>>
>>274482274
thank you
>>
>>274482241
Oh man I didn't know that, I'll have to do that when I play it again.
>>
In the N64 version of Majora's Mask, equipping your Great Fairy's Sword and attempting to mail it will cause it to become invisible, but you can still swing it around and hit shit.

Or maybe my cartridge is just fucked. Yeah, how's that for a VG fact.
>>
Kazumi Totaka, well known for the easter egg song in many Nintendo games, actually did the voice of Yoshi
>>
Here's a good one I found
>>
A model of Sasha Phyronix in a bikni exists in the code for Ratchet And Clank 3.
>>
>>274482352
the first fight with clatyon before he summons the big chameleon, the fight with the three kids in halloween town, the giant mansion ghost thing in halloween town and I think the first ursula fight
>>
>>274482508
Heh.
>>
All Gen 3 Pokemon games have around 65,000 copies of this glitch Pokemon. It is currently the only known Pokemon without pornographic fan art.
>>
>>274482508
noice
>>
You can farm infinite amounts of money without fear of losing in Evil Genius on the first island at the beginning. Before you interrogate the first valet no enemy agents will come to your island allowing you to send out ridiculous amounts of construction workers to steal money. Oh and if a minion is defecting you can lock them up and their stats will reset.
>>
File: 1396653408932.jpg (180KB, 1024x710px)
1396653408932.jpg
180KB, 1024x710px
>>274482241
>tfw thought Pavel (somehow) survived and made a return in LL when i heard about Morozov.
I was dissapointed, guy went out like a boss though.
>>
You can find a piece of bread in the bandit leader's room in the northern factory in the Dark Valley simply called "bread"
It is likely left overs from when they were first implementing food into the game

Just north of the southern factory in the Dark Valley is a large metal structure, I think a grinder of some kind, with a guitar and radio in it as well as a few other items and usually an artifact
You cannot use the radio or play the guitar as they were likely cut features
>>
File: 1361054941736.gif (467KB, 400x300px)
1361054941736.gif
467KB, 400x300px
>>274482274
This is my favorite gaming secret.
>>
In Bionicle heroes, after completing a certain stage (Water, Air, Fire etc) you would unlock the final boss Piraka as a playable character.
>>
The original Pikmin contains a windows exe file and will run on your PC
>>
File: 1412350554659.jpg (54KB, 452x639px)
1412350554659.jpg
54KB, 452x639px
>>274476264
>>
>>274480820
Reuben Langdon is primarily a mocap and stunt guy anyway; Dante hs been one of only real acting roles.
>>
a cut feature from mgs2 was an item you could unlock called the mantis mask that, when worn, would reveal what people were actually thinking and help understand the story better because everyone is lying constantly
>>
>>274477840
Bullshit
>>
>>274482149
>You can walk during codec calls in MGR:R
did people really stand still during codec calls?

>Airblasting people on fire in TF2 will put out the fire
for fuck's sake it's even a tooltip.
>>
The AI in FEAR are not very complex nor intelligent when looked directly at
The level design, however, was created with this in mind and includes a vast number of options available to the AI at all times
This gives them the illusion of being fast thinking and creates much better replay value as the AI have so many options it's unlikely they'll respond the same way to the player's actions every time
>>
File: wat.gif (640KB, 200x150px)
wat.gif
640KB, 200x150px
>>274482702
is dis true?
>>
>>274477852
In Forgen by detonating enough mines at one, you can overload the map, rendering any and all interactive things or shit using some sort of AI to deactivate.
No more guardians, no more elevators, shit like that.
>>
>>274477843
No, it's essentially some random number from 1 to 2378412374512374165476142367152367451234 (this isn't the actual number, but it is a really fucking big number). Half the numbers will cause it to be Silcoon, the other half will cause it to be Cascoon.
>>
the only reason megaman legends exists was because sony of america wouldn't publish 2D megaman games if capcom didn't make a 3D one first to show off their fancy new hardware
>>
Funfact
Mario wears a red hat
>>
OOT If you shoot down queen ghoma with your slingshot you'll probably kill her before she gets back up.
>>
>>274482941
Fun NIgger Fact: Mario is a nigger
>>
>>274474946
At the start of the second level of Aladdin for the Genesis, if you take a few steps forward and then immediately move back to your starting location you'll be able to move further back than normal and get a 1up.
>>
File: chumtoad.jpg (377KB, 900x720px)
chumtoad.jpg
377KB, 900x720px
In half Half-Life: Blue Shift, the box in Calhoun's locker can be broken by firing all the handgun ammo picked up from the range and in tour inventory (should be 17+51) and will reveal a Chumtoad inside it
>>
>>274482774
No? He has done ton of acting for commercials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPq4nDT7R-c
>>
The designs for the characters Ratchet and Clank were based off of enemies in Hurricos, a level in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.

In the first Spyro the Dragon game, the purple adult dragon in the Dark Hollow level was originally meant to be Spyro's dad. This is the only purple dragon besides Spyro himself in the entire game.
>>
You can kill Ganondorf with Deku Seeds in OOT
>>
In Super Princess Peach, there is an enemy called 'Starfish' that is elusive. It looks like Starfy with a pair of sunglasses, clearly based off of Starfy and his love of sunglasses.

There is an enemy in Kirby Dreamland 3 that looks like Kirby called Batamon. There's no way to interact with it however.

>>274481642
So that's why there wasn't a guest character in SCIII. I guess KOS-MOS counts in a weird way though.

>>274482020
That's neat, I'll have to try that out next time. I rarely play as Jigglypuff.
>>
Random ass question, should I finish Mother 3?
>>
File: 1412043962910.png (954KB, 3300x3140px)
1412043962910.png
954KB, 3300x3140px
>>274482840
ok
>>
>>274483016
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>>
The user manual for the first Killzone game contained several screenshots of the game. One of the screenshots in the manual showed the name of a profile called Shooterman. If you use this as your profile name you can unlock all the campaign levels instantly.
>>
I really hope there are lufia players in this thread

In Lufia The Legend Returns, when you collect all the dragon eggs and fight the egg dragon, you can kill him instantly buy using a normal potion on him during the fight.
>>
In the DS version of Lego Star Wars 2 if you make a custom character with IG88's body and fight Palpatine, the game will crash as soon as soon as you get lightninged.
>>
Arceus has a ??? type form that can only be used through cheat devices and whatnot because there's no ??? plate
>>
>>274483035
>those pictures
I bet she died in the 7 hour war.
>>
>>274482849
>The AI in FEAR are not very complex nor intelligent when looked directly at
Do you actually know how AI in games work? because what you described is a relatively "complex" and "intelligent" AI.
Yes, I have read the design principles of the FEAR AI system, I understand that it is the AI in tandem with the level design that makes it such an intuitive system. That doesn't mean the AI isn't impressive, it just means it wouldn't be as impressive without the map layout to give it context.
>>
DIDUNO?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnlClJLn0s0
>>
>>274483085
Scratch that, it seems you can meet up with Batamon. It doesn't give you an ability however.
>>
>>274475896
oh god really

fuck
>>
In legend of dragoon, you can get kongols dragoon spirit in disc 2 instead of disc 4 by going back to the merchant in Lohan and buy it from him
>>
In ES: Oblivion, if you shoot an enemy with a bow and arrow and immediately turn around and sprint forward, the body will catapult in front of you resulting in a hilarious ragdoll effect.
>>
File: 1382834350035.png (12KB, 477x379px)
1382834350035.png
12KB, 477x379px
Standing around without moving for around 10 minutes in the first two Destroy All Humans! games makes the screen go black and white and a comfy 50's song comes on
>>
In about 1/3 of the copies of Sonic Adventure 2 has a game breaking bug that is unavoidable. It takes place at the very end of the game when you play as Eggman. You drop through the floor as soon as his part of the level starts and you can't avoid dying over and over again.
>>
If you have the gold version of OOT you can save and load after ganon knocks your sword away and run around with no sword.
>>
>>274482849
WOOOW ARTIFICIAL ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE
>>
In Conker's Bad Fur Day's multiplayer vs shit, throwing knives are pretty much just better shotguns because if you run right up to people and fire you're guaranteed an instant kill headshot regardless of where you're looking, which is the primary function of the shotgun.
The only difference is it doesn't shoot them in half and leave a stumbling pair of legs behind.
>>
>>274483085
Peach's umbrella also kind of looks like Starfy
>>
>>274480891
What was the dialogue?
>>
The learning AI in Quake 3 will stop fighting after around 30,000 games playing only each other.
>>
>>274483046
>those commercials
this shit is crazy
>>
In The World Ends With You, after you beat the main story, Mr. H's store will sell one of the seven Black Planet pins. Which one he sells actually varies based on some variable from the DS Phat you are playing the game on, so in theory if you had enough DS systems you could just buy all the Black Planets
For whatever reason, all DS Lites cause him to sell Black Mercury. Not sure what happens with a DSi or 3DS though.
>>
>>274483562
I still remember that lie.
>>
File: 1417579429283.jpg (77KB, 500x501px)
1417579429283.jpg
77KB, 500x501px
If you get 16 people to fire rocket launchers at the bilboard, the golden warthog will fall out of it.
>>
>>274483371
I found this out accidentally

pretty damn cool
>>
>>274481317

You can complete all of them solo.

I know this because no friends.
>>
>>274480891
Well shit, what does he say?
>>
>>274483629
In which Halo was that again?
I forgot.
>>
In Guilty Gear Accent Core +R if you taunt someone on the second fight if you beat them in the first, the opponent gets 50% of their meter.
>>
>>274482234
What you mean the Pre-Desert Rangers?
>>
>tfw you always forget your useless video game facts during these threads
I always frantically search my library for a game I know something about but can never remember.
>>
>>274483707
Halo 2, dipshit.
>>
Apparently, Naughty Dog designed the Precursor Orb long before Jak & Daxter were even a thing.
>>
Splash will fail if Gravity is in effect

XY's 31st PC box will only activate when you catch Xerneas or Yveltal, so you can't avoid capturing them by filling up all 30 boxes beforehand
>>
>>274483221
>That doesn't mean the AI isn't impressive, it just means it wouldn't be as impressive without the map layout to give it context
That's exactly what I said
>>
>>274483481
>Have you met Mr Fuji from Lavender Town? We worked together a long time ago.
>>
You can Kill Darth Maul early on Tatooine in Star Wars: Episode 1 the game.
>>
>>274482595
>considering each empty 2-byte data error handler a separate pokemon
I know what you mean, but still
>>
File: question mark.png (3KB, 133x86px)
question mark.png
3KB, 133x86px
>>274482595
You're welcome.
>>
Jumpman was the first video game character that could jump.
>>
>>274483750
Fuck, I know this feel.

Either that or I assume everyone already knows any secrets I know.
>>
Wonderful 101 has a unique quicktime failure where Wonder Pink is called on her phone and talks for a few seconds before the speech is sped up and the screen goes black. However, if you fail that event 10 times in a row, the call is no longer sped up, revealing a three minute long conversation where Wonder Pink and Wonder Cheerleader expresses their frustration with "Joe" standing up Wonder Cheerleader on their third date. This is a reference to Viewtiful Joe and how it never got a third game in the series.
>>
>>274482595
I bet you there's no Lumineon or Seel porn.
>>
In Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, if you knock a guy out and leave him under a body of water, he'll drown and die.

I've never played another Splinter Cell game so I wouldn't know if this was in the others as well.
>>
>>274483738
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Desert_Rangers
>>
Naughty Dog designed a fighter called Way of the Warrior for the 3DO, with Universal Studios publishing the game, and it was made on their final stand. If it wasn't a success, they would of have to shut down.

It was a success, and that Universal studio made a contract to make Crash Bandicoot for Playstation, etc.
>>
In SRW UX, if Liber Legis attacks Demonbane with Shining Trapezohedron, and Demonbane counters with its own Shining Trapezohedron, the game crashes.

This could be a reference to an even in the VNs where those two attacking each other with their Shining Trapezohedronz basically breaks the universe. Either that or it's a really cool coincidence. With Banpresto's track record of weird bugs it's hard to tell.
>>
File: 1347468922151.png (77KB, 150x201px)
1347468922151.png
77KB, 150x201px
Literally any factoid about video games is useless you permavirginerds
>>
>>274483837
I KNEW IT
>>
In Rocket Robot on Wheels the two main villains of the game are the inspiration for Sly Cooper and Murray
>>
>>274475896
Arkham City tells you this if you have tutorial prompts turned on, and mentions that it's not as stealthy as opening them manually. I don't think the slide kick existed in Asylum
>>
>>274483989
I'm pretty sure I've sen lumineon porn.
It wasn't any good, but im pretty sure its there.
>>
In WoW if you go to vash'jir and mount up on a cloud serpent while on the sea floor you can fly around in the water at normal flight speed.
>>
>>274483792
Oh, Naughty Dog also shared a ton of rendering tech with Insomniac during the development on Ratchet and Clank. It's often falsely claimed they just rebuilt Naughty Dog's engine, but Insomniac actually just wrote the rendering code into their own engine.

Also, No More Heroes has a scene where the main dude's sister turns up. It speeds up like a video tape over the dialogue to match the game's humor, but it actually goes on about how the sister was raped and forced into prostitution or something like that.
>>
>>274483874

Saw it coming.
>>
Every copy of Donkey Kong 64 came with an N64 Expansion Pak (black cartridge with a red top you put in the front of your N64) because there was an unavoidable game breaking bug if it was played without one
>>
>>274479847
pic related
>>274480128
>There is a painting of the Skull Knight in Drakengard.
holy shit where, tell me, I need to see it
>>274480148
I remember exploiting this because I was a scrub and would die if I didn't retreat
>>274480307
Me too Anon, I'm pretty hype for the sequel.
>>274481951
pic related
>>274480891
Tell us
>>274480902
fascinating. Source?
>>274482392
I think it's common knowledge. It's actually already been mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>274483834
>The AI in FEAR are not very complex nor intelligent when looked directly at
is what you said, which is wrong.
>>
The game rules for Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories are different from the actual TCG because the game was developed before the TCG rules were concrete.
>>
In Resident Evil 2, the crawling Zombie you fight on the bus at the beginning of the game doesn't grunt like other zombies. He really says "Mom", but in a low tone and backwards.
>>
In League of Legends your champion will die if you run out of health.
>>
>>274484046
>he didn't play the medic training in America's Army
It's like you don't want to save lives and be a hero
>>
>>274478998
....I've completed this game 6 times and I never knew that
>>
>>274483159
That lufia dragons hp is the largest number you can have in hex code, 65535. Using a potion loops his hp value back to almost nothing.

Something like that anyway.
>>
>>274481985
What.
>>
File: r34.png (4KB, 117x139px)
r34.png
4KB, 117x139px
>>274482595
Here's some—
>>274483874
Fuck, beat me to it.
>>
In Half Life 1 if you take too long to pick up the cake and put it in the trash, Barney will hit you on the neck with his Katana until you do.
>>
In Buu's Fury if you eat all of the senzu beans you get to heal Videl during the tournament and then go back, the game will still act as if you delivered them and you will have the maximum amount of senzu beans in your inventory afterwards.
>>
>>274484165
What do you do to slow that scene down, anyway?
I don't think you can do it in game.
>>
>>274483989
I refuse to believe there's any Delibird or Quilfish porn.

But that's just asking for trouble
>>
>>274484252
They are nothing spectacular, let alone impressive
They're not bad by any means either but people only tout them as BEST AI EVAR because the game has very good level design and randomized elements in the AI's behavior, a fact commonly overlooked
>>
File: 5spoopy.webm (3MB, 996x560px)
5spoopy.webm
3MB, 996x560px
Another one. In Metro 2033, at D6, right when you finish activating the motors and return to the rangers there's a computer screen you can use that lets you control a machine gun turret.

Also, in Dark Star, you can see a mummified corps of a woman stuck on the walls.

Also pic related is outside one of the levels with Bourbon.

In one of the lower levels of D6, once you're reaching the control room, when you have to activate the rail cart to push the door open, if you stand in front of it and crouch you will phase through the cart and inside, right under the lever is a skull.

You can actually see the kremlin stars from outside the library if you stand near the statute of Dostoyevsky. In the novel looking at them supposedly made you go insane.

There's a bunch of strange shit in 2033. I'm having a hard time remembering a lot of them though.
>>
>>274474946
Against the final boss in Phantom Hourglass, you can counter his hurricane spin with your own spin attack. Doing this instantly sends you into the clashing sequence where you have to rub the screen.
If you properly time a jump and a regular attack with the staff in Dark Messiah, it's actually possible to perform the standing power attack without readying the stance.
>>
In Wario World, the final boss has a second (and more difficult) phase in the Japanese copies.

The level Fungi Forest was originally planned for Banjo Kazooie, but was used for Donkey Kong 64 instead. (I think, could be wrong on this one)

>>274484083
I always wondered why their faces looked familiar.

>>274484260
That game makes sense now. I always wondered why it was so different.
>>
>>274484030
http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/

The whole story with Naughty Dog and Crash Bandicoot is amazing.

>They exploited so many tricks and hacks that not even Sony's internal developers could make a game that looked and ran as well as Crash did at the time
>>
>>274484503
I want to play this game but it refuses to run for more than ten minutes without crashing.
>>
Gamma in Sonic Adventure 1 cannot touch any body of water, even the pool at the hotel and the ocean in the Chao Gardens.

>>274484542
It's implied it might have been planned for BK, but was moved over the DK64 as it might have fit the theme better.
Also Banjo used to have a picture of Donkey Kong on his wall, and it would have had the secret puzzle.
>>
In Black Ops 2, While playing the Nuketown zombie map, you can hear a bus honking its horn.

This is most likely the same bus you use in TranZit.
>>
>>274484189
It's in Manah's temple near the end of the game.
>>
>>274484184

Wait so the game Wouldnt actually need the expansion pack of not for the bug?
>>
Up until Gen 4, when they got rid of the Item Box, Pokemon games started with a potion in your PC.

The three things Francis doesn't hate are vests, Steam, and Evil Dead.
>>
>>274484797
yup
>>
>>274480148
You can also skip worlds in the game.
After being swallowed by Monstro and watching the first cutscene, you can leave via Gummi Ship as soon as you can control Sora again.
If you finish the first half of Hollow Bastion and come back to Monstro, there is new dialogue between Sora and Riku, the latter who is supposed to have disappeared.

Also, if you complete Deep Jungle before Wonderland, Maleficent captures Snow White instead of Alice.
>>
In HL1 theres a room accessible via noclip that is covered in a repeating texture of Gabens face

In HL2EP2 The G-Man starts following you again after you heal Alyx
>>
At the very beginning of the game in Paper Mario for N64 before the castle you can get into shy guy's toxbox by sprinting against the door of the building and getting out of the character freeze at the "its locked" prompt when it shows and immediately sprinting and going through to the next zone, resulting in you entering the house after the screen fades to black. The shy guy will show up and completely ignore you and the cinematic where he reveals the box plays anyways. You will still likely be unable to kill any of the enemies and will lose to bowser no matter what
>>
>>274484873
>The three things Francis doesn't hate are vests, Steam, and Evil Dead.
Which game?
>>
In the original release of Persona on PS1 in America the localization locked you out of a side quest that made it impossible to get a secret ending
>>
In Half Life 2 there is a headcrab in Ravenholm that if you stare at it for too long Gordon will call it a nigger.
>>
>>274484958
Left 4 Dead
>>
File: 321934.jpg (44KB, 640x448px)
321934.jpg
44KB, 640x448px
Speaking of Naughty Dog...

They made an isometric RPG for the Genesis called "Rings of Power" that actually featured a nude code. You had to hold a bunch of buttons on controller 2 while turning the system on.
>>
>>274483572
All DS Lites as well as the red Mario Kart limited edition DS.

The variable it looks for is overwritten by the system firmware number, the Mario Kart limited edition DS and all models released after it have a slightly different firmware.

For this same reason, playing Mario Kart DS on a non-Mario Kart DS original model DS will actually give an alternate startup sound when reaching the title screen, ironically the alternate startup sound was SUPPOSED to be the Mario Kart DS limited edition's sound, but since the same firmware was used for the DS lite and all later models, what is supposed to be the standard version of the startup is generally considered the variant version.
>>
>>274484797
Basically yeah, it would crash periodically without the extra memory
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/donkey_kong_64_required_expansion_pak_to_prevent_game_breaking_bug
>>
>>274484873
When does he mention not hating the Evil Dead?
>>
>>274485040
Ah, cool. I guess I should have known that.
>>
The letter "J" is the only letter to not appear on any Precursor language sign or inscription in the first three Jak and Daxter games.
>>
In the opening cinematic of Halo 2, in response to the Prophet of Truth's proclamation that the soon to be Arbiter's inability to safeguard Halo was a colossal failure, a Prophet in the Council seats above rises and cries out: "Nay! It was heresy!"

This is the Prophet of Objection.
He is voiced by Bob O'Donnell, father of Martin O'Donnell: the game's audio director, composer, and alien voice actor.
>>
>>274479975
Pretty sure you can use the spinning around trick to fool the guard into opening the cell during the jail sequence.
>>
You can hold right click to automatically skip long dialogue and mash left click to quickly skip through short dialogue in Hotline Miami
By holding right click and mashing left click you can get through any and all dialogue/ cut scenes in the game in record time
>>
>>274479492
More than one of the jungle hunter tops have jiggly boobs.

>>274479747
LP3's writing and characterization were good, but that's about it. Hate the redesigns of the classic NEVEC stuff in MP and towards the end when NEVEC's military shows up.

Speaking of MH with guns, Japs got a special Rathalos Mail player model that no one else got. Fuckin japs.
>>
>>274480509
Loads of Dreamcast games would do this.
>>
>>274484942
bullshit
>>
>>274484492
Relative to most other video games I would say they are still "complex" and "intelligent" irregardless of the fact that they made the level designs work so well with the AI.
Not to mention almost all games AI react within the context with their environment, the fact FEAR does it so well just means that they are a well designed AI. Simply put, AI implementation is just as important a part of an AI as the actual coding of the AIs responses.
Sure they aren't the best example of an AI in video games, but it is definitely up there.
>>
>>274485085
>the Dong requires an expansion pak to play his own game

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
>>
On one of the PS1 WipEout games, you can load up the game and then remove the disc from the console and replace it with a music CD and you can play the game with the music playing in the background.
>>
>>274480109
Dealing 1% is not why Luigi's taunt spikes.
the developers giving it spiking properties is why it spikes.
>>
Hitting the painting hanging on the wall of the manager's office on Big Bank will reveal a hidden safe behind it
This safe frequently has a key card inside it, as well as a bitten cheese sandwich
>>
File: 1350891061603.png (121KB, 254x273px)
1350891061603.png
121KB, 254x273px
>>274485407
>>
umm...in MGS3 you can actually clearly see Eva's nipples
everyone knows you can look at her in the survival viewer and make her jiggle but if you put the x-ray on and move her you can see nip
fapped to it a good number of times
>>
If you talk to one of the replicas in the Daath cathedral in Tales of the Abyss after a certain point in the game, he'll say that Zelos from Tales of Symphonia died.
>>
>>274485310
Yes, but it was generally with the game's ingame soundtrack. Some other Playstation titles did it as well, like Vigilante 8.

SotN actually has a unique song that can only be heard by putting the game in a CD player.
>>
File: pcman2.jpg (15KB, 300x218px)
pcman2.jpg
15KB, 300x218px
There's an extra hang glide and cart level
>>
>>274480259
>the xbox simple has slowly gotten lighter over the years

WAT
>>
>>274485079
That Mario Kart sound stuff was confusing as fuck but I have the MK red DS and am gonna check this out.

My L button is messed up though. Kinda sucks.
>>
>>274484929
creepy
one night my bro and I were fooling around with noclip in HL1 and found just a normal room...textured floors and walls but nothing happening inside. first chapter I think
>>
In Dreadout, there are three other ghosts/demons that you can encounter if you don't go into the school when it gets dark and you backtrack to the car.

If you wait long enough in the Fatal Frame pause screens (any of the games do this) there is a creepy 'screensaver' that plays after a few minutes (creepy handprints, ghost face, etc.).
>>
>>274484908
>>274480148
WHAT

how did I not know this
>>
sonic spinball doesn't only have one level in it
>>
There's a secret level in Octodad: The dadliest catch that you can access if you try to flush yourself down the toilet in the aquarium.
>>
>>274480903
I don't have the gif, but this will do.

>>274485558
Vigilante 8 2nd offense is actually the game I listened to the most on the cd player. Road to Madness 5evar
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYQ08gxkqA
>>
File: 1.jpg (112KB, 1280x1024px)
1.jpg
112KB, 1280x1024px
Ratchet's tail was originally going to be covered up by his armour in Ratchet and Clank 2. There was a huge shitstorm about this on Insomiac's forums from R&C's furry fanbase. Insomniac decided to keep his tail exposed in order to make the furries happy.
>>
>>274485670
I knew about the second, you can do a couple of the Princesses in different order to trigger different events from maleficent.
>>
File: 1201157-gmancase.png (19KB, 283x380px)
1201157-gmancase.png
19KB, 283x380px
>>274484929
>>274485639
If you noclip into the GMan's briefcase you see the inside is textured
>>
Entering "fuck you" in conkers bad fur day as a cheat will get the fire guy to react accordingly.
>>
File: 1410291366845.jpg (19KB, 404x290px)
1410291366845.jpg
19KB, 404x290px
>>274485407
>>
>>274485857
something similar happens in the two ps1 spiderman games, only instead spiderman runs up and punches the word into something nice like kittens
>>
>>274485791
I think it was covered in Deadlocked.

That game was awesome.
>>
>>274485791
my most shameful vidya fap was modding a lombax race into fallout 3 and then having gay sex

I don't even man.
>>
>>274481176
All of Valve's games do that. It's super common of them to nail down hard on memory conservation.

Hell, playing HL2 with a modern monitor will show you how fucked up the crossbow looks because of this.
>>
>>274481516
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/aigzia/pop-fiction-episode-21--totaka---s-song
>>
>>274485992
i remembering it being ok but nothing to 2 or 3
>>
>>274481003
Cause it's pretty much the same game.

AX itself is playable on Dolphin because the Triforce hardware was basically just a Gamecube. Sort of like how Sega's Naomi cabinets were Dreamcasts.
>>
>>274485857
Entering any obscenity will get that reaction.
>>
In Super Mario 64, in the castle, if you go up to any painting and jump into it, you'll go to another level
>>
>>274478226
Holy shit, I found this out when playing. One of the funniest events. We had a good laugh that day.

I get upset when people praise Red Dead Redemption and so few people know about Red Dead Revolver. Such a good fucking game.
>>
Big the Cat shows up in certain sequences in SA2, but only in the PC and Dreamcast versions. He's completely absent in the Gamecube port.
>>
File: 1373101368914.png (107KB, 466x326px)
1373101368914.png
107KB, 466x326px
The first cutscene of Crash Bandicoot 1 has Crash say the words "Uh oh." as he is about to fall out of Cortex's lair, also apparently Tawna was going to get a sex change according to Cortex.
>>
At the end of Borderlands: The-Pre Sequel, if you wait for all the credits to roll you will see "At least you're not Anthony Burch" on the bottom left corner of the screen in small font.
>>
>>274482595
There's also some who use an older large-white ?? image.
>>
File: SM64.png (366KB, 594x437px)
SM64.png
366KB, 594x437px
>>274486130
What are you talking about? You leave the castle after this dialogue.
>>
>>274484542
>In Wario World, the final boss has a second (and more difficult) phase in the Japanese copies.
Is there video of this?
>>
>>274486398
You don't have to listen to it
>>
>>274486398
In Super Mario 64 there is a short cut
If you die while in not in a painting level you respawn just outside the castle entrance on the bridge
From where you first spawn when you start the game up it is faster to run over to the lake than it is to reach the door
If you drown yourself in the shallows of the lake you effectively reduce the distance you have to travel to get inside the castle
>>
>>274486341
Tawna was replaced by Coco in the later Crash games because one of the female publishers found Tawna sexist.
>>
File: maryland flag.gif (7KB, 384x256px)
maryland flag.gif
7KB, 384x256px
>>274481745
A bit of useless information for your map. Fallout 3 took place in more than just DC. It was a large chunk of Maryland as well. Off the top of my head, I know the police station is located in Germantown, and Olney is visitable as well. Based on the scale they used, and the location of other real life locations the Oasis is where the town of Damascus should be.

Source: I live in Germantown, and despite all its flaws, Fallout 3 was interesting as hell to me being set where I live.
>>
File: SM64.png (646KB, 624x440px)
SM64.png
646KB, 624x440px
>>274486512
HOLY SHIT YOU WEREN'T KIDDING
>>
>>274481906

I never realized how childish the original DMC was.
>>
>>274486662
Right? Took me hours to figure out
>>
>>274486593
honestly though coco was much better
>>
>>274474946
Vault 34 Security Armor had the highest DT of any Light Armor in the game.*

*This has probably changed with Assassin Armor and Stealth Suit in the DLCs
>>
>>274482647
STALKER SOC is so full of shit like that because of how long it was in development hell.

Speaking of I need to play Lost Alpha, I downloaded it when it came out and I still haven't touched it.
>>
Typing of the Dead Overkill gives you a 3 mistake limit before making you lose your combo.
>>
in Cod4-Blops the last stand perk gives you the absolute max amount ammo for your side arm and if you're picked back up or if you pick up the gun from an enemy player using the perk you can keep it
>>
There is a structure off in the distance of the Dam level in Goldeneye for the N64 that is inaccessible through normal means
This was originally planned as an expanded mission objective for higher difficulties and was scrapped, but the towers can still be seen in the distance with the sniper rifle, which you were likely supposed to use to eliminate threats over there before traveling over by boat
>>
In pokemon, Chandelure has the highest base special attack of any non legendary or mega
>>
File: SM64.png (618KB, 622x436px)
SM64.png
618KB, 622x436px
>>274486757
Let's see if what he said about the paintings was true.
>>
>>274480473
>In pokemon gold/silver, if you go to the house that used to be the pokemon daycare in the previous generation in Kanto, it will be locked and with a sign that says "House for Sale... Nobody lives here."

this is completely untrue, that's where you get the Cleanse Tag in gold and silver.
>>
File: 1411194721423.webm (3MB, 512x288px)
1411194721423.webm
3MB, 512x288px
>>274476264
>>
>>274486648
>the Oasis is where the town of Damascus should be
that's pretty neat
>>
File: SM64.png (545KB, 614x434px)
SM64.png
545KB, 614x434px
>>274486932
GUYS
>>
>>274482241
dr. pavel?
>>
>>274486998
NO FUCKING WAY
I BET YOU USED A GAMESHARK YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>274486969
What is going on in that webm
>>274486998
Told ya, and each one is unique too. I'm surprised Nintendo put so much effort into that secret content.
>>
>>274477839
>>274482741
>>274486969
you can stop posting now, nobody else found that remotely funny.
>>
>>274484281
>He really says "Mom", but in a low tone and backwards

Mom backwards is Mom you greased up tard wrangler

Why even mention that

Jesus
>>
>>274486998
HOLY SHIT! IS THIS LEGIT!?
>>
>>274486998
Holy FUCK, next you're going to tell me you can play as Luigi, right?
>>
In James Bond: Agent Under Fire there's a hidden sniper rifle on one of the balconies that you can grab right before you view the shower cutscene.

I spent several minutes zooming in on the hologram's tits.
>>
>>274483724
That's not exclusive to R+, or accent core.
>>
>>274486648
Guess where Bethesda started.

Bethesda, MD.
>>
>>274487262
Get on my level, faggot.

Also, enjoy this list of Gen 1 trickery.
>>
File: SM64.png (613KB, 605x445px)
SM64.png
613KB, 605x445px
>>274487463
OH SHIT
>>
>>274475896
You don't have the running slide in Asylum.
>>
>>274487614
You can visit their building too in the game, ruined of course.
>>
File: 200px-PostalDude.jpg (15KB, 200x302px)
200px-PostalDude.jpg
15KB, 200x302px
In Postal 2, the taser works to knock out everything humanoid, including the zombies.
You can cash your check on Monday and then steal from the vault. The police will have to deal with the robbers and you can get away scott free.
You can eat catnip to become one with the Speed Force, slowing down time.
>>
File: 1342755071886.jpg (18KB, 400x309px)
1342755071886.jpg
18KB, 400x309px
>>274487646
PEHP[
>>
The cheat to unlock all levels in THUG 2 is d3struct
The cheat to unlock some of the characters in THUG 2 is costars!
and the cheat to unlock Phil Margera in THUG 2 is aprilsman

I beat the game twice only to have my save file get corrupted because it froze while saving.
The worst part is you have to beat it on every difficulty to get everything
And there's two different campaign modes
Fuck it
>>
>>274487283
>not reading everything else I typed

Nigga, I said "low tone and backwards" like "mommmmmmmm" but "mmmmmmmmmom"
>>
>>274487706
thats clever. I wonder if they have a room in their IRL offices that looks like a post apocalyptic mess. Dev studios have the most wasteful things inside them like pool tables and shit so I wouldn't be surprised.

Hell I'd like a Dev Studios thread just talking about how they are pretty much clubhouses for nerds.
>>
>>274485239
You can. It's good fun.
>>
>>274486953
sorry it's not locked my bad, it is open with the lady inside, but you can "talk" to the door instead of entering it and it will say that
>>
>>274481502
Just look on Youtube for yourself nigga.
>>
>>274487614
I'm under the impression everyone who cares knows that though, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. I only even brought up my point because the map that was posted only had DC colored in.

In fact, now that I'm remembering FO3 better, you visit the Pentagon as well, and that's in Virginia, not DC, though, that is just a case of being on the wrong side of a river, and you wouldn't be able to tell if it was included or not from that nationwide image that was posted a while ago.
>>
>>274486919
>there is literally a pokemon based off of a chandelier

I knew about the keychain, the bag of trash, and the ice cream cone, but holy fuck it just keeps going
>>
>>274487938
Basically, worked for a smaller studio that will go unnamed, but basically it was like a clubhouse where we'd shoot the shit and hang out while occasionally making vidya. Still got all our deadlines and milestones and had a blast doing it. They probably still have the MAME cabinet I put together for us if they are still around, I keep meaning to go and visit and see if my bros still work there.
>>
File: 1412570806881.jpg (50KB, 354x364px)
1412570806881.jpg
50KB, 354x364px
>>274488092
I can't believe there are actually people who think like this.
>>
>>274487646
L for real
>>
>>274488092
>there is literally a pokemon based off of 2 magnets and a metal peble
>>
>>274488092
if it makes you feel better, in the pokemon world, the based-on in most cases is reversed
that is, items can be thought of as inspired by the pokemon
>>
>>274480273
>>274480115
>>274479975

In Super Smash Bros for 3DS in Gerudo Valley you hear this song when the bridge repairs itself.
>>
>>274488074
In the game files there's an alternate map texture that show there being much more of DC explorable, as in more city on the east bank of the Potomac. Everything pretty much ends at Rivet City but you can see there is much more landmass and buildings on the other bank.
>>
>>274486969

>Skub fags
>>
File: 1278367122369.png (75KB, 160x160px)
1278367122369.png
75KB, 160x160px
>>274488221
>in Gerudo Valley
>when the bridge repairs itself

You fucking idiot
>>
In resident evil 2, if u check the dead body twice in the hallway where the first licker appears l you will be rewarded with handgun bullets. Same applies if u check the body in the crows hallway. Also if u check wesker's desk 50+ times or so it gives you film b.
>>
>>274488092
>there is literally a pokemon based on a ROCK
>>
>>274488319
Well who the fuck is playing the song.

Tell me you bitch.
>>
>>274488210
and yet that is STILL more creative than a chandelier
>>
>>274486263
That's not true. You just have to hold a certain button or something before the cutscene for Big to show up
>>
There is exactly one Squishy in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. You also need to go through every mirror both ways to get 100% completion.
>>
>>274488092
NO FUCK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

YOU AND YOUR COMPLETELY REASONABLE OPINION THAT YOU'RE ENTITLED TO IS SUMMONING BUTTHURT ANTI-GENERATION 1 FAGS

NO FUCK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FUCK

THE POKEMON FANDOM IS NOT TO BE TOYED WITH YOU DONUT
>>
>>274488092
>there is literally a pokemon based on a ball
>>
>>274488413
but is it more creative than a yellow rat, or just a regular rat upped in size?
>>
>>274486263
Gotta tap A anon. He's also found throughout various levels but we all know that.
>>
>>274488426
He still doesn't show up in City Escape, Vs Shadow 1, and Sonic's first level aboard the ARK.
>>
In The Saboteur, after completing the first mandatory mission, you can freely travel through Paris. If you manage to unlock the Aurora Machine Gun upgrade before going to your room and having the flashback to Saarbrucken, it appears on the Aurora during the race. Using it to kill Dierker causes the credits to roll before giving you a unique mission failure message.
>>
>>274486773
my first vidya crush
>>
>>274488447
>YOU DONUT
Why am I laughing so hard
>>
in infamous 2 you gain every ability after completing the game and going into sandbox for the second time.
there is also a side quest where a girl kisses you if you gave away the food in the first moral choice of infamous 1.
the ice titan is the only enemy aside from the beast and nyx capable of surviving multiple lightning strikes
draining power from the storm in the second last mission knocks away enemies around you
>>
>>274488447
Did you just call a nigga a fuckin donut?
>>
>>274488539
If my disk wasn't scratched to hell and back I'd try this out right now, I had a blast with that game
>>
>>274488210
But isn't magnemite a robotic pokemon, as in artificially created?
>>
File: 1333842661279.jpg (61KB, 400x350px)
1333842661279.jpg
61KB, 400x350px
>>274488447
Maybe people with shitty opinions should keep it to themselves.
>>
The army snipers in Half Life one don't have a proper model, if you no clip into the sniper nests you can see they are a flat green square with a rifle poking out.
>>
>>274488519
>>274488426

Yeah I don't think they were sure if they were bringing over Sonic Adventure 1 to the Gamecube at that point. Cream shows up in Sonic Adventure DX for Gamecube (Sonic Adventure 1) in the same way that Big did because Sonic Advance 2 came out around then.
I said sonic adventure to much in this post
>>
>>274488621

Storm mission was were I really felt like a badass, unstoppable super hero.
>>
>>274488689
Cream is far more out in the open in her cameos though, the camera even freezes just to show you her appearance.
>>
>>274488663
Guys

I got into a debate with someone on reddit about this.

It ended with him ragequitting about how he was going to get a rimjob from his boyfriend and he told me about how he was reading my butthurt posts while he was getting a rimjob while playing a Sid Meier game.

I can never get into retarded 90's kid gen 1 fights without thinking of rimjobs now.

He jerked off to charmander on the reddit furry board too.

Reddit is scary.
>>
>>274488460
Probably
>>
File: 15694863516.jpg (53KB, 1024x456px)
15694863516.jpg
53KB, 1024x456px
>You can shoot propane tanks right before landing on them to survive falls that would normally kill you. You can use it to skip things like the Sugarmill elevator in Hard Rain.

>You can take out your medkit and press M1 and E to revive a teammate and heal yourself at the same time.

>Crouching under water deep enough to drown you will reduce your health. When you get below %50, eat your pills and stand back up. Your health will come back and you won't lose your temporary health from the pills, giving your survivor 150+ health. (multiple bottles of pills can stack for over 200 health)

>Thrown and dropped items like gascans, propane tanks, ect will break Smoker tongues and Tank rocks. Facing the Smoker while looking straight down will cause the held item to break the tongue when you're forced to drop it.

>Hanging from a ledge and being helped back up will give you 30 health and will not kill you if you are black and white

>Using voice chat as a Hunter in VS mode will cause your hunter to growl whether you're crouched or not

>Cablin in the Woods was supposed to have a L4D crossover campaign but it was canceled after the studio went bankrupt. The special infected from the game even made a cameo in the storage boxes in the movie (pic related)
>>
>>274478071
I swear HG/SS was Pkemon's technical peak. It may never be as good as those games were
>>
File: file.png (64KB, 400x300px)
file.png
64KB, 400x300px
>>274488751
It's been awhile since I've played it.

Have some bunny Sonic concept art.
>>
>>274488684
The snipers in Half Life 2 are the regular model of a combine soldier standing
Coincidentally when they aren't trapped in a box with a single window in it they are significantly more deadly
>>
>>274488731
>>274488621
also due to coles health regen even on hard it is impossible for zeke to kill you by shooting in the bad ending
>>
>>274488808
I'm not sure, I'm enjoying ORAS. I'm not sure if there's anything as subtle as that though. Pokemon has a lot of great trivia. There's a lot of music borrowed from Pulseman, a lot of really subtle things. I like how it's connected to the Mother series since people from APE went to Game Freak or something to do Pokemon Red/Blue. Nuggets in Japan were a euphanism for testicles. There is a hiker in red/blue who is high on magic mushrooms in the mountain.
>>
File: 1417044587435.gif (1024KB, 257x199px)
1417044587435.gif
1024KB, 257x199px
>>274488794
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>274488407
i am
>>
File: 1345660530900.png (52KB, 611x571px)
1345660530900.png
52KB, 611x571px
>>274488567
>>274488754
donuthole
>>
In Mega Man 7, if you hold down B while selecting Shademan's stage, an alternate stage music will play based off of Ghosts n' Goblins
>>
>>274479138
Assmad morrowindfag detected
>>
>>274489227
lets not do this anon
>>
in Super Mario Bros. on the NES jumping so you land on top of an enemy can kill or stun them
>>
In the intro cutscene to Crysis 1 on the VTOL - Aztec has no spoken dialogue and has very little animation until he jumps out of the VTOL. Simply because he dies offscreen not even 5 minutes into the game. In addition, the Alien that hits you during the parachute drop at the beginning can be seen on its entire flight towards you - both with and without nightvision.
>>
File: 1406427659998.jpg (25KB, 194x325px)
1406427659998.jpg
25KB, 194x325px
>>274478736
He obviously means trimmed comp cape and 200m in all skills you fucking retard.
>>
In sonic 1 2 and 3 if you forcibly clip out of bounds, inputting a direction right or left will launch you at high speed in the other direction
Depending on which version of 1 and most versions of 2 and 3, getting to a high platform crouching until the camera scrolls down and jumping will cause the camera to fail and temporarily disable collision until the camera finds you.
The japanese text in the sonic cd image refers to Madin, a game developer heavily involved with sonic cd, and not majin, being a devil.
Also, the cute sonic image's text says you are cool.
>>
>>274487620
disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
In the beginning village of RE4 there's two Dr.Salvadors.
One by the gate that leads to the farm, the other triggers inside the house where the cutscene plays.
The gate one is gone after you trigger the cutscene in the house though.
>>
>>274485448
Funnily enough I was recently reading up on that and the reason this is possible is because Wipeout and many other PS1 games didn't trust on streaming all the data from the CD, so they loaded the entire level into the system's RAM and just streamed the music from it in a loop while the level was played. This is why you could put in anything else and it'd play it all the same.
>>
>>274475959
>>274476264

daily reminder
>>
>>274478747
>TFW building a city in sc2k and saving your own citizens

Felt like batman
>>
File: scared.jpg (27KB, 296x331px)
scared.jpg
27KB, 296x331px
>>274489381
i wanted to play nehrim but

>spiders

n-no thanks.
>>
>>274489354
There's also chainsaw sounds embedded into the Village fight itself which begin playing upon triggering the house cutscene.
>>
>>274488954
>I like how it's connected to the Mother series
My nigga

Slateport City's theme sounding like the Eight Melodies, Route 113's theme sounding like Snowman, and Deoxys looking like EVE are some of the things I've noticed about it so far. It's really cool. Anything else you've picked up about it? I know there's the fact that they're both RPGs with a modern setting and both have surreal looking enemies at times, and even have themes of friendship going on. Heck there's the whole thing of Mewtwo looking like Giegue, too. Just wondering if you know any other things about it because I love both Pokemon and Mother.
>>
>>274489331
In Carnival Night Zone act 1, after you beat the boss, the level needs to finish descending before the level end flag will drop. If you hold down as soon as you kill the boss, the screen will scroll down before you reach the bottom. When the flag does fall, it will fall about 10 feet underground to the center of the screen.
>>
>>274489442
they aren't even spooky

well mostly, there is this boss one, but other than that-
>>
>>274489227
Sorry you made an unfunny joke and your favorite elder scrolls game is shit. Try not to get too upset.
>>
>>274488942
>it is impossible for zeke to kill you by shooting
Well no shit. Even the characters themselves address this.
>>
>>274489630
>your favorite elder scrolls game is shit

Well that makes sense seeing as how every Elder Scrolls game is shit
>>
File: 2014-05-10_00031.jpg (511KB, 1920x1080px)
2014-05-10_00031.jpg
511KB, 1920x1080px
>>274489381
I recognize that screenshot, that part was beautiful.
>>
>>274481921
These boys in question are considered canonically gay(or atleast bi) by R*.
I think each faction has one.

Curiously enough, you can't kiss that pink shirt faggot.
>>
>>274489442
>spider daedras
Funny thing is, I'm scared shitless of spiders, too.
Or any insect, really. Even a moderately big fly makes me panic.
>>
File: 133709182771.png (60KB, 257x123px)
133709182771.png
60KB, 257x123px
In crash 3 as a debug feature waiting until the third demo is going to play hold triangle and exit the stage using the pause menu.
Crash twinsanity has internal references to a good cortex character.
There is a mostly finished stage (Gone A Bit Coco) internally stored but forcing the game to go to this level causes a crash.
The spyro reference is stored very late, and as a result can occasionally fail to load.
References to traveling to other planets is also in twinsanity's code.
The first appearance of Nina Cortex was an unapproved usage in the gba games where she has a completely different personality.
Crash the huge adventure was originally going to be a remake/retelling of crash bandicoot 2 and may have had a gamecube companion game
>>
>>274488794
>Crouching under water deep enough to drown
I can't remember a single portion where this could be done.
>>
File: actual nehrim screenshot.png (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
actual nehrim screenshot.png
273KB, 1920x1080px
>people talking about nehrim

MY NIGGAS

>tfw exploring the countryside of a giant world to this music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEttBkfuuU
>>
You can remove the game disk of Animal Crossing and still play. The game is so small that the RAM can hold it alone.
>>
>>274489909
It can still be done in the Death Toll finale and in various parts of Cold Stream. It's also really useful in several custom campaigns.
>>
>>274483702
>>274484189

>>274483836
is the dialogue.
>>
>>274481539
>In Ar Tonelico, there are several H-scenes that are inaccessible by normal means but are still in the game files. The game also has a total of 832 unused character animations
Proof to this?
>>
>>274489381
Thats fucking retarded seeing as nehrim isn't even set in the elder scrolls universe.
>>
In tf2 the flying guillotine can crit stunned enemies but there are several things counted as a stun that were not intended.
Player slowed down by the natasha
spook'd by a ghost
airblast causes a split second stun as does a force-a-nature jump.
>>
dead thread
dead board
dead website
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.