[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you hide your power level when playing with friends, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: wooliewillie.png (1MB, 1019x791px) Image search: [Google]
wooliewillie.png
1MB, 1019x791px
do you hide your power level when playing with friends, /v/?
>>
I don't have friends
>>
>those comments

Jesus Christ is this what all TBFP fans are like? What a bunch of fuckin babies
>>
>>271322519
No, if i'm better they have to know it.

If i had friends.
And anyway, it's the only thing i'm better.
>>
>>271322519
If I had friends I would. I let my younger cousins beat me at games so they feel included.
>>
>>271323686
>not smashing the little fucks into the ground so they experience the real world and grow up bitter and jaded
>>
>>271323686
I feel like younger relatives are the exception. You should always be gentler to kids when playing competitive games. Not enough to give them an inflated ego, but enough so that you don't crush their desire to learn more.

Unless they're only like 4 years younger than you, in which case you should never ever let them win.
>>
>>271323859
I do both. When they talk shit I go full domination mode to humble them. Then I'll let them get their hits in
>>
>watching other people play video games
>>
You guys don't have power levels. Your obsession with video games isn't a social skill with clear intellectual benefits like an interest in music or literature would have; it's simply a debilitating addiction. There is no body on earth that would ever respect you for playing with many different varieties of electronic children's toys, only fellow addicts would ever care.

There is only one video game "tier" and it is pleb. There is no above or below.
>>
>>271324121
>Not enough to give them an inflated ego, but enough so that you don't crush their desire to learn more.

You can't teach that to someone, anon. If they want to learn, they'll learn.
>>
No because I'm not a insecure faggot
>>
File: 1372539326887.jpg (122KB, 1000x867px) Image search: [Google]
1372539326887.jpg
122KB, 1000x867px
>>271324986
>>
Nah, that meant that If I lost I had to pass the controller.
>>
File: 1415570883083.gif (502KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1415570883083.gif
502KB, 250x188px
>e-celeb thread in disguise

nice try OP
>>
>>271324986
what do you think hiding it is for?
>>
Why hold back? Unless you're playing with someone much younger than you, like a cousin or something, there is no reason to limit yourself "for fun". What's fun about holding back?
>>
File: 1408051400118.jpg (125KB, 576x744px) Image search: [Google]
1408051400118.jpg
125KB, 576x744px
>>
I used to force our filipino maid to play duke nukem and doom lan with me even though she had absolutely no idea what she was doing and would just run around like a headless chicken while i killed her repeatedly

Sometimes I would just force her to sit there and play with me for 3 hours
>>
I constantly berate my friend for liking tenryu when akagi is the superior ship
>>
>>271329050
how the fuck did the kid even score
>>
File: 1390420233550s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1390420233550s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>271324121
>Be Me
>four years ago
>big family gathering for Christmas
>hanging out with little cousin
>taught him how to play video games years back
>he's about 13 now so he think's he's hot shit
>keeps telling me he's going to kick my ass in Mario Kart or some shit
>GF asks if i'm going to let him win
>MFW when I don't lose a match

You can't let those little fuckers get a ego man. It can go all bad.
>>
>>271324121
I feel like you should always pull your punches at least a little
This was how I learned to play Melee when I was around 8, my friend's older brother would play with me, my twin brother and my friend, and he would always win by a small margin
We'd slowly get better until one day any one of us could beat him when he was playing at his full level
we all mained Marth except my brother who mained Roy. Friend used black alt, friend's brother used white, I used green
>>
I just don't play Street Fighter with friends, except for the ones I go to tournaments with.
>>
I don't have any friends but I'm not great at games anyway so if I did, they'd probably be as good or better than me.
>>
>>271322519
If you have to hide your power level around people, they're not your friends.
>>
File: 1401327688136.jpg (5KB, 177x250px) Image search: [Google]
1401327688136.jpg
5KB, 177x250px
>>271322519
Uhh.... you don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>271330257
My fetish
>>
No because they need to git gud.

I will try a new character if I'm on a winning streak.
>>
>>271329050
why do nigs always do this? They always take advantage of any situation that lets them win.
>>
Not really because I fuck around in games I'm good at, rather than play seriously.
>>
I don't know why but fighting game 'lingo' makes me cringe so much.
>>
>>271329050
That little nigglet ain't even old enough to piss in the toilet and he scored three points on a grown ass man. For shame.
>>
Sometimes I'll ease off for a bit if I'm really crushing them, but usually it's full-on fightan.

The only way to elevate the level of play is to challenge opponents that you mop the floor with to git gud. It got a lot more satisfying playing Cap vs. SNK 2 against friends after the initial period of total rape, seeing the guy you could beat with one hand learn his counters and combo chains.

Cap vs. SNK 2: great fightan, or greatest fightan?
>>
>>271322519
No. In fact I pretty much lost one due to being better at every single game we played. Also I used to play Warcraft 2 and Crash Team Racing with my dad back in the day but he lost interest in both because he could never win.
>>
>>271335537
>one
nerd
I have no friends because I alienated everyone of them with my vidya superiority
>>
File: poverty186359.jpg (1MB, 1508x2110px) Image search: [Google]
poverty186359.jpg
1MB, 1508x2110px
>>271322519
No, my friends and I are all bad at video games
>>
>>271322519
i always let them beat me up for a little bit then i flawless them
>>
>>271322519
no and they know damned well what to expect when playing against me. I had to earn my skill, and it'd be an insult to the other player to pretend that I'm bad anyway

I might torment them sometimes by just dodging everything though
>>
>>271329050

>YO LIL NIGA YOU GOT FUCKD
>YEEAAAAH LIL NIGGAA BAM
>BAM NIGGA

Its funny imagining this guy trash talk this kid
>>
I tend to not play fighters with non fighting game fans unless it's like my nephew or something since he is starting to become obsessed with Street fighter. As far as that goes I typically let him get me down to low health all the time but rarely let him win anything more than a round here and there for confidence purposes. I try to steer him in the right direction this way by showing him that things like defense and mixups are important and can help you win much more than just trying specials and shit will. He isn't bad for a 10 year old as a result.
>>
>>271330746

>be me

Who else would you be
>>
File: 1403908635001.jpg (35KB, 356x333px) Image search: [Google]
1403908635001.jpg
35KB, 356x333px
No need to hide it, they're also gamers. But we would quickly bore each other if we actually talked about our individual interests in video games because they're all DOTA fags and I'm growing into arcade shmups and beatemups right now.
>>
That's not what that means.
>>
>>271341861
>being friends with casual scum
>>
>>271322519
>people rightfully calling him out in these videos
If it was just them playing sure, tier whore and pick your mains. But its a video designed to entertain people, all Woolie does is show how much of a try-hard he is. Literally being THAT KID.
>>
>>271328213
Pretty much this, unless they are a newbie or it's just some casual buttonfest, there's no reason to hold back. You push their shit in and help them to git gud while you're playing. You are only hurting yourself by not trying and playing bad to not crush them, as you are only as good as the people you play against.
>>
>>271342315
Yeah they used to be cooler than that, I remember the last years of highschool when we would hang out all the time, drink beer and play Tekken 3.
>>
File: 1405459312801.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1405459312801.gif
3MB, 200x150px
I used to play fightan games with my younger step sister. Obviously she sucked, but I found it really fucking hard to stoop to her level of play.
It's possible, but it feels like when you do it's painfully obvious and just insults your opponent.

It's a weird position to be in. I always felt guilty when I beat her into the ground, it obviously saps the fun for her, but whenever I tried to tone it down a little I felt like she noticed and didn't like that either.

Maybe it's a learned skill he should know by now. I don't watch TBFP so I have no idea how long they've been playing fightan games together, but I assume long since I know they've been around ages. The loli is the only one I ever played with that was in the same room, so I wasn't able to practice it as much as he probably could.

I'm sure it has something to do with recording too. People would either bitch about him being bad and missing a combo or opportunity. Damned if he does, damned if he don't.
>>
They beat the shit out of me in 80% of the games we play, so I don't really need to
>>
>Never made friends with people that liked fighters AND made an effort to learn them

>have a few friends that LIKE fighters but are garbage

>no mercy mop the floor with them
>they never want to play again

>call them casual scum

>fuck you man im gonna go play diablo 3
>>
>>271343147
>I'm sure it has something to do with recording too. People would either bitch about him being bad and missing a combo or opportunity. Damned if he does, damned if he don't.
No, see, what they do is they play a different fighting game every week. The other three switch up characters through the roster, but Woolie oftentimes picks the same characters or uses the same tactics over and over, and it's not fun to watch. People are watching for them to goof around, not play seriously.
>>
Most of the games I play with friends are Nintendo games anyways, so we can usually play without holding back in shit like smash or Mario Kart or Mario Party.
>>
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with beating someone in a videogame if you're better, with the exception of the other person being a little kid or some shit. If someone complains after they lose then they're salty, and should change their attitude or not play at all.
>>
>>271344162
But then they wouldn't be bitching about Woolie playing too seriously.
Call me a cynic, but I'm of the mind they'll move to something else in order to call someone out on being wrong.
I see it on every other co-op channel.

I'm not speaking to the guy following the rules of his crew or not. Have the others called him out on it? That'd do more to set him straight than the viewers moaning as viewers always do.
>>
>>271345185
>People are watching for them to goof around, not play seriously.
>But then they wouldn't be bitching about Woolie playing too seriously.
I'm not understanding.
>>
>>271322519
I hold back against people but I try to always be slightly better than them to encourage them to try harder and get good.

Works pretty well, I've uplifted 2 of my highschool friends to my level and we're all now around the same skill in every game. I also always give people tips and if they don't understand a mechanic and I beat them with it I usually explain what I did and how they can beat it.

It sucks a little when they get better than me eventually, but I'd rather have a challenge and have two people having fun than me meatgrinding people and then sitting there alone.
>>
>>271322519

My friends know my where my power level is at.

That being said, most of the time if I'm playing with them I fuck around with other characters and shit for funsies.
>>
>>271322519
If you feel the need to hide your power level, they're not friends.
>>
>>271345371
Well, I guess chalk it up to me not being familiar with their viewership.
Maybe that's how it is, but on YouTube I've noticed a distinct trend of "Man, this guy on film is doing something wrong. I better show my knowledge" no matter what happens. Perhaps they're as genuine and supportive as you imply and they'd be showering them with praise and happiness if Woolie simply played nice.
Won't be the first time I've been wrong.
>>
File: 1363603104313.jpg (298KB, 862x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1363603104313.jpg
298KB, 862x1648px
Yeah, I have the most hypocritical fucking friend in the world. He absolutely refuses to play games like Smash Bros with me because apparently I play it all the time and am too good.

But as soon as I suggest a game of Double Dash he has no problem with that, despite the fact that he's some sort of drift wizard sent from the future to torment me. I have never beaten him once at one of his favorite games but he'll never agree to play anything with me if he even suspects I might be better at it than him. Fuck you and fuck your stupid smug cunt face, Kevin.
>>
>>271346034
Oh yeah, it's nothing like that. They're not criticizing his skill in fighting games, but rather taking casual friendly matches too seriously by keeping to only one or two characters and going for blood while everyone else is hopping around for variety's sake.
>>
>>271346146
Kevin here.

Git gud at gud games faggot. I don't want to play your shit games with you. If you can master it, it's babby casual shit not worth my time.

Friends like that only need a fine smack on the back of the head.
>>
>>271345762
Well put my friend
>>
File: 1410548484024.png (316KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1410548484024.png
316KB, 425x450px
The only fighting game I've played with bros is Mortal Kombat, and I go all out every time. I actually let them pick my character for me so they think they actually have a chance to win before they slowly realize how hopeless it is.
>>
File: 1392438355714.gif (44KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1392438355714.gif
44KB, 579x523px
>>271333338
I wish there was someone to kick my ass at things when I was younger, instead I was just made fun of

It would have made me actually want to try at anything nowadays
>>
File: 1409451618110.png (524KB, 675x714px) Image search: [Google]
1409451618110.png
524KB, 675x714px
>>271322519

>started sfiv in feb and got the upgrade been playing for like 8 months maining cody
>just learning decapre she is pretty good. No one to practice with.
>The little friends I do have would rather play casual shit like smash (I like smash, a party game, but I just wish someone would play fightan with me ;_;)
>>
>>271349458

Find some local FGC stuff.
>>
>>271341630
Anthony Burch
>>
File: fae.jpg (21KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
fae.jpg
21KB, 600x630px
>>271351292

>look up corpus christi FGC
>some post from 200fucking7

Oh well I'll just play online with randoms on my shit connection.
>>
>>271322519
>being surprised that this, the average braindead nintenyearold, is a cheap retarded fuck

He's pretty much everything wrong with Nintendofags.

And this board.
>>
énis
>>
>tfw best friend was your vidya bro throughout your childhoods
>become adult
>goto uni
>come back to hang out
>he's a total dorito borderlands xbone hollywood undead jock pleb

So much for him. We had fun playing Killer Instinct though
>>
File: 1392726636010.gif (669KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392726636010.gif
669KB, 270x480px
>>271353304
treat him with respect as the person he is and attempt to positively modify his tastes

he's your friend
>>
>There are people that go easy on others

I bet those are the same people who thought participation medals were a good idea.
>>
>>271353304
>Have best friend as a child who is my vidya bro
>Go to different high school and slowly grow apart
>He becomes so socially awkward he can barely buy a game at gamestop
>Loses interests in vidya
>Just sits at home all day watching Netflix

;_;
>>
>>271354816
You can still salvage your friendship. Suggest a sleepover and cuddle on the couch while watching Netflix together.
>>
>>271329050
>chicken @beatinoff2night
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.