[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the hypocrisy, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: V bullshit.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
V bullshit.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
why the hypocrisy, /v/?
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (26KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
26KB, 435x326px
>>270407131
>assassin's creed is on its 12th entry
what the fuck, why? who the hell keeps buying it?
>>
>>270407131
Who even said this?
Why do you think /v/ is one person?
Why is this thread going to reach 600 plus replies in 2 hours?
>>
>>270407131
Most of the games from the left usually have a different cast of characters, setting, music, gameplay, etc

The games from the right are the same characters, setting, gameplay with a little tweaks, etc
>>
>>270407462
with the exception of galaxy 2, literally every 3d mario game has major differences in level design
>>
Nintendo Fan here.

This is very much untrue. The Nintendo-Bashers are an extreme vocal minority, as it has been proven. Nintendo fans are the majority on this board. And secondly, the Nintendo-Bashers are NOT Sony fans as everyone seems to think. Sony fans are very polite to Nintendo fans. Nintendo-Bashers tend to be either Microshills, Baiters, or people who only like a select few video games and nothing else. It's most often the third one.

The only SIGNIFICANT people stirring up console wars are the mods, and they're on Nintendo's side. Try posting anything anti-nintendo and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>270407557
Yeah, that's why i said they have the same gameplay with a little tweaks also let's not forget that Nintendo rehash a lot of Mario games with the New Super Mario series
>>
>/v/
>One person

Lots of people like Nintendo here as well, but a few things:
>Mega Man should count classic
>The Sims, expansions packs aren't games.
>If you're going to count non main entries of series like FF (which is already milked too much), do the same for Mario.
>>
>Anyone on /v/ looking forward to Sonic Boom, Assasin's Creed, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, the Sims, etc...

Ha, good one.
>>
>>270407962
I am looking forward to Final Fantasy

Where's your god now?
>>
>>270407638
Nice try sonygger, but I can see through your ruse.
>>
>>270407861
>implying the sheer number of sims expansion packs aren't fucking ridiculous and basically sequels
>>
>>270407962
>/v/ is autism central
>implying there arent fags waiting for sonic boom
>>
>putting Metal Gear anywhere near those franchises on the right
Yeah, 13 games in 25 years is exactly the same as 12 games in five
>>
File: 1413972635130.jpg (13KB, 375x396px) Image search: [Google]
1413972635130.jpg
13KB, 375x396px
>>270407131
>games on the left are all about different characters
>games on the right have similar numbers but with the same recurring characters
>games on the left by different companies in different countries
>all games on the right by the same company
>one company turning out the same shit for 30 years

Thanks for proving the argument right, faggot.
>>
File: wiggle.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
wiggle.gif
2MB, 400x332px
>>270407131

If Nintendo would stop fucking wasting so much time making new engines and gameplay and just made new levels and charged full game prices every year maybe they wouldn't be so poor.
>>
>>270408309
I miss Martin Mystery

That show was fucking great
>>
>>270407827
I don't think anyone will deny that the NSMB games are total rehashes, but calling huge game changing mechanics in the other games "small tweaks" is seriously underselling it.
>>
Most of the games on the right come out every two-five years.

Most of the games on the left come out annually or bi-annually with expansions, campaign DLC etc.
>>
>>270408414
Well, i didn't find Super Mario 3D World so different from Mario Galaxy and Mario 64

I agree that Mario Galaxy was different because of the gimmicky controllers though.
>>
>>270407827
> that Nintendo rehash a lot of Mario games with the New Super Mario series

New Super Mario Bros has only had 4 games and 1 expansion DLC(New Super Luigi U) between 2006 and 2013 across 4 different platforms.

"A lot" is pushing it because one less game and then you've got a platform without a 2D Mario game.
>>
>>270407131
People only hate rehashes when it's a series they dislike or don't care about. As long as it's not a complete fuckup, people are happy to see sequels to games they like.
>>
>>270408309
>street fighter
>different characters
They did that once and got fucked for it.
>>
>>270408603
that game had more in common with SMB3 than 64
>>
>>270407131
Because "different" in terms of gameplay, characters, settings, etc. is incredibly subjective.
Nintendo feels very samey because they still hold onto series mascots like Mario, Link, and last gen's Pokemon.
>>
>>270407462
>this
nintendo sucks dick please grow out of your autism /v/
>>
>implying anyone is saying Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Metroid or fucking Star Fox is overused
I'll give you Megaman though.
>>
>>270408895
I'm talking about the controllers, playing as Mario was exactly as playing as the Mario from Mario 64.
>>
File: This Spartan Serious?.jpg (30KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
This Spartan Serious?.jpg
30KB, 500x400px
>>270408309
>only two series on the left have less entries than years they've existed
>OP shows various companies from all over that have done significantly more anticonsumer practices
>this somehow proves the nintendo rehash argument
>>
>>270408686
This.
>>
>>270408968
lol this

Actually people want more games from old Nintendo franchises

>F-Zero is kill
>>
>donkey kong country gets two new games across two console generations since the series going to sleep on the SNES
>people now act as if it has been constantly rehashed
>>
>>270409158
I have never seen people saying that DK is being rehashed.
>>
>>270407131
>Final Fantasy 13
>Assassins Creed
>Call of Duty
>Resident Evil 6
>Sonic Boom
>The Sims
what bizzaro /v/ do you browse where people like this shit?
>>
>>270409008
what the fuck, no it wasnt
>>
>>270408309
>almost all of the games on the left play exactly the same as the other games in their series
>the games on the right play mostly different from each other, except pokemon because pokemon is shit
>people will argue otherwise and there is nothing I can do about it
>>
>>270409313
did you miss the XIII threads from PC mustard rice?
>>
>implying all Mega Man games in the entire franchise are similar enough to lump into one giant series

I only played Classic and Battle Network (which isn't a platformer) so I don't know how true that would be for the rest of them, though.
>>
>>270409427
>every final fantasy game plays similarly
nope
>>
File: mario rehash mix and match.jpg (377KB, 922x937px) Image search: [Google]
mario rehash mix and match.jpg
377KB, 922x937px
>>270407131
>11th game
>16th game
>12th game
>10th game
>19th game
>8th game
>7th (if you leave a bunch of versions out) game

Do you not see how bad this makes you look?
>>
>>270409427
>>almost all of the games on the left play exactly the same as the other games in their series

False

Final Fantasy game have their own unique gameplay style even if they share some common things
>>
>>270408897
You mean like how Street Fighter holds onto Ryu and Ken?

Like how Resident Evil holds onto Chris and Leon?

Like how Castlevania holds onto the Belmont family?

Like how Capcom holds onto Mega Man?

Like how Konami holds onto Solid Snake and Big Boss?

Like how they keep making Sonic games even tho they sells like absolute trash?

Totally different, yeah?
>>
>>270409427
>except pokemon because pokemon is shit
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>270409584
>>270409527
thats why i said almost all
>>
Nintenyearold here. This argument is unfair against the games on the left. Most of the games have different stories, different characters and different gameplay from their predecessors. The games on the right play it safe with pretty much the same gameplay featuring the same characters and plotlines that don't differ much from their predecessors.

The other companies tend to jump around and try new ideas and gameplay models, for better or worse. Nintendo samefags their ideas because they believe it's the safe bet, which isn't always the case.
>>
>>270409581
>picking screenshots of NSMBW and NSMBU that have elements distinct to them in them
>>
>>270407131
Because this is an over-18 imageboard.
>>
Guess what
chicken butt
>>
File: 1414999561326.jpg (129KB, 483x349px) Image search: [Google]
1414999561326.jpg
129KB, 483x349px
Why can't we just play video games for fun, accept that repetition is part of every aspect of our lives, and appreciate the more unique games that do surface every now and then?
>>
>>270409313
There are Sonic, FF & RE threads on an almost daily basis.

And even though /v/ doesnt really give a shit about AC, there is a lot of discussion about it.
>>
>>270409581
It's about the ratio of games to years stupid
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.