[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's official that Mario Kart 8 saved the Wii U

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 21

File: wii_u_save_board.png (335KB, 750x505px) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_save_board.png
335KB, 750x505px
Now that it's official that Mario Kart 8 saved the Wii U what's next in store for Nintendo?

Will they ever overtake the PS4? Will a comfy 2nd place be satisfactory for the 8th gen?

Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors helped a bit too but let's face it, Mario Kart 8 was the turning point for Nintendo. Smash will literally smash the competition this upcoming holiday season. How fucking hyped are you some honest to god good vdya?
>>
How did MK8 save the Wii U? Wii U still isn't selling.
Or did you just mean saved it by being a good game?
>>
>Dat desperation
>Dat delusion

Life is so fucking good you guys. I'm so happy!
>>
OP have you even seen the sales?

I'm enjoying my Wii U but lets be honest here MK8 hasn't done shit for the sales and nintendo could have really went full on marketing the game to help the system but they didn't

I got a feeling Smash Bros U will have less advertising than the 3DS version as well
>>
>tfw only Wii U game I want is X
is it 2015 yet?
>>
Well there's no IP's like Splatoon and...Splatoon.
>>
>>270324030
Mario Kart 8 helped turned things around for Nintendo in addition to titles like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 with the insane hype from Smash just around the corner.

>>270324126
>facts
>are delusions of grandeur now
You knew it would happen eventually. Nintendo will never EVER go away.

>>270324185
Jesus man, get with the fucking times.

>>270324187
Definitely on my top list.
>>
I'm not sure why people expect Smash, MK or any Nintendo IP will suddenly make the Wii U sell. All the Nintendo fans already got the system. They need either massive 3rd party support (NES, SNES) or something to attract a new audience (Wii and the casual audience with waggle), otherwise it'll just end up like N64 or GC.
>>
A price drop could 'save it' in the sense of maybe garner some more support from 3rd parties by having a wider audience, but overtaking the PS4 is never going to happen.
PS4 has already sold shit-loads with a shite library, and when it finally gets some games next year, it's going to steamroll even more. After the COD dust settles, the numbers are going to be ridiculous compared to WiiU, even with it's headstart, as well as 2D Mario, a 3D Mario, Just Dance, Wii Fit, MK, and Smash being available.
>>
>>270324412
You know the thing that always been weird to me? We gave the GC so much crap, me included, but at the end of the day the only games I still cared about enough to own from that era are GC games.

Like I love to give Nintendo shit but their games last really damn well.
>>
>>270323943
Why are you disregarding Megaman in Smash? Smash isn't out yet, it has a chance to turn the tides.
>>
>>270324373
Turn what around?

MK8 provided a small sales boost to 60K a week for two months but even with Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors, the sales have lowered to 40K a week and still dropping.

Meanwhile the PS4 is reaching 150K to 200K a week.

It's not saved, not at all. It would be if this was Gamecube Era Nintendo, but current Nintendo needs WAY more sales to say profitable.
>>
>>270324412
1. New generations of gamers.

2. Nintendo is becoming the only true console to own for PC gamers as its the only one that has exclusive games. Both PS4 and Xbone have all their best titles on PC as well.

>>270324519
>yfw you realize Nintendo is the only company turning a profit on their next gen console

So even if Sony's PS4 is selling more, Nintendo is actually the only one turning a profit. Profit is what matters not how much shite you sell at a loss.
>>
>>270324698
They are turning a profit because of the 3DS, not because of the WiiU.

The WiiU actually killed the profits the 3DS made last year and we don't even know if Nintendo will have an overal yearly profit.
>>
File: 1608101176949.jpg (19KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1608101176949.jpg
19KB, 409x409px
>>270323943
I was about to post how I havent seen that stupid ass image in a long time but then I properly read your post.

Honestly, I'll get Smash WiiU but I'm not that hype anymore. 3DS version and the prospect of having no one to play with locally killed it.
I'm looking much more forward to the 2015 releases, especially Splatoon, Zelda U and for some weird reason, Captain Toad.

I think I just crave something comfy and laid back after Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta and Smash on my WiiU
>>
>>270324698
Nintendo isn't becoming anything of the sort. /v/'s fanbase may have deluded itself into thinking there is some sort of DUR HUR PC NINTENDO MASTER RACE but 99% of PC gamers could not care less about the Wii U.

The people who are saying they do are people who don't play PC and are looking for any reason to discredit the PS4's library. Wii U doesn't have those games BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ON PC

It does matter bro. Every game that skips the Wii U is another game for the competition.
>>
>>270324694
>selling 2-3x better than the year before
>not turned around

The Gamecube still did well regardless of the PS2 sales.
>>
>>270324187
I'm in a similar boat.
don't care about Mario Kart
don't care about Smash bros
don't care about Capn Toad
don't care about Splatoon
don't care about Monster Hunter
don't care about Yoshi, or Kirby

I'm looking forward to Xenoblade, Star Fox might be neat, and I'll probably pick up NES Remix pack as long as it's cheaper than the downloads or has significant extras
>>
>>270324776
>They are turning a profit because of the 3DS, not because of the WiiU.

>lower 3DS hw/sw sales
>higher Wii U hw/sw sales
>It's the 3DS
Nope.
>>
>>270324694
AGain you idiots are focused on sales numbers, not profit. PROFIT IS WHAT FUCKING MATTERS TO COMPANIES.

PS4 = Sells a burrito for $0.75. Cost to creat burrito = $1
Xbone = Sells a chimichanga for $1. Cost to create = $2.
Wii U = Sells a taco for for $0.50. Cost to create taco $0.25.

Burritos may sell more than tacos but every taco sold is a profit.

>>270324776
Listen to what you're saying. The 3DS alone was not enough for Nintendo to post proits last year. This quarter (April-Sept) Nintendo posted profits thanks to Mario Kart 8 and the hype surrounding its other titles and game releases (Hyrule + Bayo 2)
>>
is super mario 3d world a successor to mario 64/galaxy style gameplay or more like paper mario?

Everything on youtube makes it look more 2.5d than 3d.
>>
>>270324967
>It sells 200% more than last year
>Still sells like garbage

Just because it's selling more than it wasn't selling at all doesn't mean its current sales are acceptable.

When your competition is quintupling your sales every week, you are not doing alright. Especially after being the market leader last generation.
>>
>>270325054
It's a 2D Mario (SMB 3/SMW) in 3D.

>>270325089
>sells like garbage
>makes a profit
Stay out of business.
>>
>>270324961
99% of PC gamers also only play LoL and Dota

you're right that Nintendo isnt competing with the PC but with Sony and MS but you're mixing up markets and consumer viewpoint
>>
>>270325052
speaking of idiots, does pepsi have to pay your taco stand royalties for access to your consumer base?

Fuckin moron, take your analogies and shove them up your ass if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>270325089
>When your competition is quintupling your sales every week, you are not doing alright.
That argument is so incredibly retarded.
>>
>>270325178
You must have ate a chimichanga for dinner.
>>
>>270325052
You do realize that every game sold gives more profits to the PS4's initial investment, right?

The fact that the PS4 has nearly 50% marketshare means the following:

More games sold
More profit
More games being made

PS4 is making Sony more money than the WiiU is making Nintendo. The only difference is that Nintendo ONLY makes games. Sony makes a lot of other stuff and THOSE (like the mobile phones) are making losses.
>>
>>270325126
>It's a 2D Mario (SMB 3/SMW) in 3D.

fuck, I was afraid of that. Thanks tho.
>>
it sickens me that Mario Kart turned the Wii U around
Why couldn't it have been a series that needs more love? Now it's just "Yep Mario Kart does it. Let's put all of our work into that again"
>>
>>270325240
Not the guy but Sony doesn't make the same profit from third party games as it does from first party games.
>>
>>270325220
I guess when you work at Taco Bell you can't help but view the world as similar to mexican food. Here's a tip that'll help you in daily life. 2 packets of hot sauce is never enough, give a guy at least 3-4 per taco.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29KB, 328x306px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29KB, 328x306px
>WiiU is saved
>Outsold weekly by the PS3.

I know the WiiU is lastgen, but this is embarassing. How can you call anything that can't even beat 8 year old hardware "saved"?

Only if you're deluded.
>>
>>270325454
>a product is only as successful as the competition
Stop. You obviously know nothing about business.
>>
>>270325240
Of course.

My analogy was wrong however. PS4 hardware + subscription services IS turning a profit for Sony.

>>270325406
Taco bell is tasty but it gives you the shits.
>>
>>270325549
>Taco bell is tasty but it gives you the shits.

Without the sour the sweet ain't as sweet
>>
>>270325454
A console is saved if it turns a profit.

Sony did it months ago with the PS4. Nintendo is just NOW doing it with the Wii U thanks to Mario Kart 8 and friends.

>>270325602
This is good life advice.
>>
why buy a wii-u now?

nintendo has shit tier online

If you buy a wii-u in 3-4 years, it will have all its games and be cheaper.

It's exactly like the gamecube.

Well except it's underpowered and hardly has any real interesting games yet.
>>
>>270325651
>It's exactly like the gamecube.
>using this as a negative
Stop.
>>
>>270325703
It's exactly like the gamecube in that:

It's got poor third party support (even poorer in the wii-u's case)

It's not the most powerful console (xbox was way ahead and this time the wii-u is the worst)

It's got shit online, hardly any nintendo games feature good online functions

The games that come out are sparse, but often decent

Although unlike the gamecube, the wii-u hasn't really had any interesting titles beyond bayonetta 2 so far.

Really, there's no reason to buy a wii-u now.
>>
>>270325703
if you're talking about business, 'it's like the gamecube' is a negative.
>>
>>270325651
Same reason why anyone buys new stuff To enjoy it NOW. What if you die tomorow and never get a chance to play all these awesome vidya? That's sad if you think abouit it.

You're forgetting one thing though. Nintendo games rarely drop in value and, in some cases, their value increases This is one of Nintendo's core tenants of why they keep their video game prices relatively the same for longer periods of time than other publishers. So that consumers don't feel jewed.

If you don't like a console because the video games don't interest you then why bother with it.

>>270325906
People sometimes forget that the Gamecube was profitable for Nintendo.
>>
>>270325906
The GameCube made tons of money for Nintendo, if you're using that as a negative then you're a moron.

>>270325872
I can summarize most of your points as:
>"in my opinion" X
>>
>>270325983
It objectively has poor third party support.

It objectively is the weakest console

It objectively has poor online.

The games that come out for it are objectively sparse in comparison to other consoles.
>>
Region free.
>>
>>270325965
>>270325983
The point of businesses is to grow, the gamecube and n64 were complete failures considering Nintendo's massive dominance with NES and SNES.
>>
>>270326074
>It objectively has poor third party AAA support.*
>It objectively is the weakest console**
>**key word being console
>It objectively has poor online.***
>***of the current gen

>The games that come out for it are objectively sparse in comparison to other consoles.
>Other consoles get first party games as or more often then the Wii U
objectively false.
>>
>>270323943
I don't own any consoles from this gen, but I have wanted to pick at least one up pretty much since the Wii U came out. None of them have managed to actually interest me enough, though. Had MH4 come to Wii U, I would have jumped on that immediately, but it didn't. MK8 was the first thing I saw that really jumped out at me, were I not a lazy and poor piece of shit I would have bought one at that point.

Maybe it didn't cause a huge boom in sales, but it turned heads. Smash will, too.
>>
>>270326131
>The point of businesses is to grow
>not making money
Don't get into business.
>>
>>270323943
How did MK8 save the WiiU? It's still in an absolutely horrible position. WiiU will start losing even more ground once the other 2 consoles get their good exclusives.
>>
Pokemon is going to cannibalize sales of Smash U though, especially considering people "already bought it" on the 3DS.
>>
>>270326268
>selling 2-3X better
>making a profit
>"absolutely horrible"
Absouletely retarded.
>>
>>270326269
3DS is their favorite child anyway. They would never bet on the Wii U over it.
>>
>>270324519
>A price drop could 'save it' in the sense of maybe garner some more support from 3rd parties by having a wider audience

That's not the issue with 3rd parties devs. Regardless of what they say, it has nothing to do with sales figures or the consumer base. It's all politics.
>>
>>270326360
>Regardless of what they say, it has nothing to do with sales figures or the consumer base. It's all politics
I can't understand why people don't understand this? For reference: See Wii
>>
>>270326194
It objectively has poor third party support entirely.

It objectively is the weakest eighth generation console.

It objectively has poor online services in comparison to other eighth generation consoles.

The games that come out for it are sparse in comparison to other consoles.

There is no reason not to get a wii-u in a few years when the software is cheaper, all the software is out, the console is cheaper and nintendo are done with it.

This is because the Wii-U will have less games than the competition and a poor online selection, which gives no real reason to play it now.
>>
Here's a couple of sources to back up claims btw. I mistakenly thought /v/ already knew about this and posted under the assumption that everyone knew the Wii U was saved thanks to Mk8

>http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2014/11/nintendo-becomes-profitable-wii-u-ships-7-3-million/#more-3079
>http://time.com/3545580/nintendo-wii-u-sales/
>http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/29/us-nintendo-results-idUSKBN0II0H620141029

>>270326074
1. Third party support is weak but that's to be expected on any Nintendo console. It makes little difference.

2. Weakest console shouldn't be listed here. THe 3DS is without a doubt weaker than the PSVita. So was the DS and Wii before that. See where I'm heading with this?

3. Online is free. There's a trade off and free is better for children than paying subscriptoins.

4. Quality over quantity.

>>270326268
sources above

>>270326269
Doubtful. There is no reason to believe will happen. Holiday season is amongst us and that means you release your best shit during that period for maximum profits.
>>
>>270326131
The point of business is to offer goods and services people want. Focusing on growth leads to a dilution of quality and eventual dissolution, no matter how much money you make in the short term.
>>
>>270326261
you're an idiot.
>>
>>270324373
>with the insane hype from Smash just around the corner
I have yet to see someone else hyping smash bros up as much as /v/ does.
>>
>>270326451
False.

It's a console.

>in comparison to other eighth generation consoles
Whatever.

There is no reason not to get a Wii U now.
Why do you keep spelling it wii-u?

>This is because of opinions
Good for you.
>>
>>270326506
you say that as if you can't focus on growth by knowing the markets needs and wants. You sound like a consumer who thinks they understand business.
>>
>>27032607
Sonic and all stars racing works perfectly
Monster Hunter 3u works perfectly
Mario kart 8 online works perfectly
Bayonetta 2 online works perfectly
Miiverse and eShop works perfectly
Internet browser is the best on any console
I can't think of a single reason why people would think Nintendo's online is the worst all of a sudden just because brawls online wasn't great, literally name why the online is bad or put this fucking lie to rest.
>>
>>270326536
>business
>should grow regardless of profit
And somehow I'm the idiot.
>>
>>270326408
There are companies that used sales of Wii party game shovelware to fund HD games last gen. Pretty sure EA is the worst culprit.
>>
>>270326661
Exactly, they used Nintendo platform as a cheap fundraising method to fund their support for other platforms. It's just now the Wii U is HD it's no longer cheap to make shovelware.
>>
>>270326506
Nintendo owns IP that will keep them in the game for a long time.

>>270326547
/v/ is like the oniichan of all other gaming sites. Once /v/ finds something cool to like, the little bros will want to like that too.

Seriously tho, the hype is fucking real.
>>
>>270326740
>/v/ is like the oniichan of all other gaming sites. Once /v/ finds something cool to like, the little bros will want to like that too.
>there are people here who won't believe you
>there are people here that don't know sites like Kotaku rip stuff straight off reddit
>there are people here that don't know sites like reddit rip stuff straight off 4chan
>>
>>270326818
There are really people that don't understand this? Shit nigger, My Little Pony should have cleared this up for anyone still not sure.
>>
MK8 cost them more money than it made them. They poured millions upon millions into prime time TV ads for that game.
>>
>>270326575
Competiting consoles will get tons of third party games that feature massive online functions that justify owning a console in the present for.

The wii-u will get none of this apart from 1-2 minor releases.

There is simply no reason to own a wii-u when all the games will be actually out, cheaper, the system will be cheaper and actually worth it in a few years time when nintendo abandon it.

Nintendo having less games and a barebones online service compared to the competition are facts, not opinions.

>>270326631
Nintendo online is much smaller than the competing consoles, it's backwards nature is why it's shitty.
>>
>>270325602
dammit Murrica
food isnt supposed to give you the shits no matter what
goddamn this is like that fucking South Park episode about Chipotlaway
>>
>>270326598
Why don't we use the videogame industry to illustrate my point. Do you remember the Halo-killers? How about the WoW killers and CoD killers? What did they all have in common? They were all (with few exceptions) games made by ambitious developers/publishers who decided to grab new audiences instead of focusing on their existing customer bases. How many succeeded? How many dragged their studio down? Hiw many of those developers might have survived had they focused on serving their existing customer bases? Well, there's no way to prove that one one way or another, but let's say more than did survive their bombs, that's for sure.
>>
>>270326972
Stop. You're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>270327017
>wii-u
At least you're easy to filter.
>>
>>270327020
Taco Bell does not give me the shits.
>>
>>270326740
Er, maybe it wasn't clear but that was my point. Nintendo's been smart about handling its IPs (Other M notwithstanding). As long as they keep offering quality products, they'll survive for a while.
>>
>>270327139
I'm sorry you get frustrated so easily when people call out the truth about a shitty console.
>>
File: WAAW.jpg (32KB, 299x345px) Image search: [Google]
WAAW.jpg
32KB, 299x345px
>smash will smash the competition

lol
>>
>>270327210
>Other M notwithstanding
Other M sold over 1 1/4 million copies. It sold well.
>>
>>270325965
>Nintendo games rarely drop in value and, in some cases, their value increases This is one of Nintendo's core tenants of why they keep their video game prices relatively the same for longer periods of time than other publishers. So that consumers don't feel jewed.
Wow, you are actually trying to spin this jewery as a positive thing.
>>
>>270327017
Nice to see you have no idea what you're talking about, go to bed.
>>
>>270327484
Just filter the word "wii-u".
He's the only retard who calls it that.
>>
>>270327484
Tears aren't going to save the wii u
>>
>>270327560
It's a good thing it doesn't need saving then retard.
>>
>>270327325
I'm looking forward to seeing how well this game does relative to other games on its console (halo comp.)

>>270327358
Was good for Nintendo but bad for Metriod fans.

>>270327407
No spin. Just facts. Nintendo jews consumers, but they do so in a way that consumres don't feel jewed. Get it? Nintendo has DLC (jew tactics) but they release them with just enough content that consumers don't feel jewed. See Mario Golf + Mario Kart 8 DLC packages for recent examples

>>270327560
Mario Kart 8 did tho.
>>
>>270327407
Nintendo actually relies on money from software sales to stay outof red numbers. Judging by the last reports they do a good job at it.
>>
>>270327358
It was also critically panned and fan outcry buried the franchise. Plus the price actually dropped the first year, and that almost never happens with first party Nintendo games.

>>270327407
Not that guy, but Nintendo games are the only games I'm willing to pay full price for anymore because I know the price stays high. The free market determines the price here.
>>
the wii u being dead can be put down to incompetence on Nintendo's behalf.
>>
>>270327661
>Was good for Nintendo but bad for Metriod fans.
Metroid fans are huge crybabies anyway. Just ignore them.
>>
>>270327643
>genuinely believing this

Wii U is fucked because nintendo have lost all their core audience by routinely fucking up their consoles in some ways.

N64 got blown apart by a newcomer, ps1

GC got blown apart by ps2 and another newcomer, xbox

Wii was a casual gimmick fest which probably pissed off most of the gamcube audience.

Which is why the wii u is selling like dogshit
>>
>>270327692
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>270327690
>It was also critically panned
Try again:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/metroid-other-m

>>270327751
>being this dense
>>>/out/
>>
>>270327751
nigger the GC sold almost exactly what the Xbox did by a few hundred k units, plus had a buttfuckton more actual software sales.
>>
>>270327854
He's just shitposting, ignore him.
>>
>>270327854
xbox sold 3 million more.

Xbox's best selling game sold 1 million more.
>>
>>270325240
PS4 owners don't buy games, especially not first party games. The division is unprofitable.
>>
File: HappyCouple.png (196KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
HappyCouple.png
196KB, 479x479px
I think I can sum up most of the butthurt ITT with pic related.
>>
>>270327831
Look at literally every other Metroid game on the site. The only one that scored lower is the port of the original. For a franchise as known for its quality as Metroid, this IS a critical panning. It's a matter of perception, the bar is that high.
>>
>>270327708
As bad as that game was, I don't think people feel that the series is dead. Do you?
I think people want another Metriod, just not Other M tier.

>>270327692
>ded console
Wrong thread I think.

>>270327751
1. Evidence?
2. Relevance?
3. Relevance?
4. Evidence?
5. The stuff you mentioned literally has no affect on the Wii U's poor sales.

>>270327963
PS4 IS in fact posting profits for Sony. PSV probably isn't tho.
>>
Nintendo fans:

>let's just ignore the truth! because it's nintendo!
>>
>>270328136
it's okay when nintendo does it
>>
>>270328086
That's a very good picture. It would be perfect if Bayonetta was driving a kart instead of a couch tho.

It'd summarise this thread perfectly actually.

>>270328136
>>270328171
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>270327963
That's just not true. Playstation is modestly profitable. It does have leftover problems from the PS3 I think, but it's a net positive for the corp.
>>
>>270327661
DLC is not bad on its own, expansion packs and additional content made after release are good dlcs for example.
>>
>>270328108
Evidence?

N64 lost market dominance to sony

the audience most likely flocked to ps1, then to ps2 or xbox as gamecube failed, then to 360 or ps3 as the wii was a casual magnet.

The wii u is last batch of diehard nintendo fans unwilling to admit that nintendo have no relevance in the console market any more
>>
>>270328090
>79
>For a franchise as known for its quality as Metroid, this IS a critical panning.
I can't help but disagree:
>90 - Joystiq
>85 - IGN
>85 - GameSpot
>80 - Edge
>80 - Giant Bomb
>80 - Eurogamer

>>270328108
I was arguing that Metroid was far from dead, being only skipped on the N64 and Gameboy Colour.
>>
>>270325052
>implying profit from console sales means anything
No, you literally have no idea how vidya economics work. Consoles (and hardware in general) themselves companies generally make little cash on--the ps4 costs about 380 bucks to make. What consumers buy for their consoles is where money is made. Online subscriptions, games, movies, whatever, that's where they make the money.

The WiiU needs to move more units so that people will buy the influx of games that's coming out within in the next year. MarioKart did not move nearly enough units (I think it had like 700k sales last I checked??? and very little correlated wiiU sales) for the WiiU to be a profitable console, given almost every single WiiU game is an in house Nintendo project and they probably aren't making their money back on all games.
>>
>>270328108
Sonys own report said otehrwise. They are just digging their own grave deeper.
>>
>>270328209
no
>>
>>270328254
>The wii u is last batch of diehard nintendo fans unwilling to admit that nintendo have no relevance in the console market any more
I can actually envision how angry you are writing this:
>"GRRR! THIS'LL TEACH THOSE DUMB NINTENYEAROLDS!"
>>
>>270328225
>it's a net positive for the corp.
Not last quarter.
>>
>>270323943
>Now that it's official that Mario Kart 8 saved the Wii U

uh no?
>>
mario kart sold decently, but it hardly moved any wii-u's

nintendo's problem is that they made the wii, which abandoned their fans from n64 and GC and then tried to get them back by making a console that is underpowered and attached to another gimmick
>>
>>270328397
>denying the truth
Typical
>>
>>270328445
>wii-u's
Samefagging just makes you seem madder, not more correct.
>>
>>270328389
Sounds like you're the angry one m8.
>>
>>270328326
I recall a few months ago they said PS4 was turning profits for Sony. You sure you read that correctly?

>>270328318
We agree.

>>270328381
OK.

>>270328397
Sources posted above.
>>
>>270328304
You picked out reviews above par. You know how averages work, they pull the avg. closer to themselves. Prime, Echoes and Corruption scored in the 90s. Expectations for Metroid are and were sky high, which is why a 79 average across all review sites is unacceptable.

Sorta like Destiny, except Other M has redeeming features.
>>
>>270327690
>The free market determines the price here.
Yes, I'm sure the free market is the one deciding the prices on the eshop.
>>
>>270328318
>700k sales
Mario Kart 8 sold 3,490,000 copies by September.
>>
File: Nolan at work.jpg (94KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
Nolan at work.jpg
94KB, 640x528px
>Underpowered hardware barely any more powerful than Xbox360 and PS3
>Region lock
>Shoehorned fisher price ipad that has 3 hours battery life on average
>No replaceable internal hard drive
>Doesn't come with regular controller
>rarely, if ever drop their prices
>constantly rehashes their IPs
>tried to monopolise the early 90's industry and used aggressive business tactics to do so
>Shoehorned miiverse full of retarded kids and pedos
>Shitty account system, purchasing tied to system
>Poor online features (such as no first party games offering voice chat in-game between strangers)
>E-Shop is a barren wasteland more expensive than physical
>Third party support worse than the fucking N64
>Outdated architecture when literally all the competition PC included uses x86
>400x240 resolution on a handheld in 2014
>Charging a premium price for underpowered hardware
>Now doing DLC (Fire Emblem Awakening DLC all together now costs more than the base game itself) and Season Passes
>Limited fucking demo uses
>NEW 3ds pls buy again
>Forced cult of personality surrounding their execs
>Fanbase shamelessly stealth markets their products (Why haven't you bought a Wii-U?, Look at these refurbished wii-u's!, Look at these average-decent games that are totally the best games ever!"
>Always trying to ride PC's coattails for legitimacy
>Contributed to reviving consoles from their crash, and ensured that they are relevant today
>In the process, killed Japan's infant PC industry causing their games to be held hostage by consoles
Why do people like, let alone feel the need to defend Nintendo again?
>>
>>270328516
Sorry, no. I've got Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>270328598
2.7 million
>>
>>270328318
The numbers are in the sources provided above.

It's not really up for debate anymore. Mario Kart 8 jas officially saved the Wii U.
>>
>>270328624
Stale pasta.
>>
>>270328594
Actually yeah, it is. Nintendo sets the price to just about match the cost of used physical units. If they slash the price, they run the risk of all retailers refusing to stock future games in retaliation.
>>
>>270328653
You've got a 10 hour action game stuck in the past?

Well done.

It will be more interesting to see what platinum does with scalebound.
>>
>>270328696
No.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf
Mario Kart 8 - Global Sales: 3,490,000 sales
>>
>>270328624
Do you believe Mario Kart 8 has saved the Wii U? If not, why not? This isn't about defending Nintendo. It's about pointing out objective facts.
>>
>>270328758
>This fucking mad
I will enjoy all of Platinum games because I'm not a retarded fanboy, too bad for you though.
>>
>>270328737
No they don't, every game costs as much as it did when new, some more actually. Pokemon Y costs 45€, when a physical version on release date was 39,95€. You can find used copies for 20-30€ nowadays.

When have they ever lowered the price to match used copies?
>>
>>270328816
>responding to copypasta
>1889 + 125
>>
>>270328816
He's posting pasta dude.
>>
>>270328824
Bayonetta 2 would be a great game.

A fantastic game even.

If it was released 6 years ago.
>>
Why do people say the Wii U is last gen hardware. Do you literally believe this?

The components necessary to build the Wii U weren't available in 2006.

Is a laptop last gen because it can't ever compete in power with a desktop?
>>
File: IntoTheTrash.png (58KB, 221x219px) Image search: [Google]
IntoTheTrash.png
58KB, 221x219px
>>270328936
>Bayonetta 2 would be a great game.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>270323943
Its still doing terrible though. Its srill on track as the second worst selling Nintendo console. MK8 was a marginal 1 month boost.

Its dead dude, the sooner you accept it, the better.
>>
>>270328875
Ah, Europe. That explains it. My condolences.

(Also I said "about" for a reason. Nintendo does sales but can't slash prices or risk a price war with brick and mortar, which accounts for more than 80% of all game sales.)
>>
>>270328762
Thank you for posting this. Confirms a lot of things actually

>Devls Third
>Shin Megami x Fire Emblem still in production
>Starfox
>Prjoect Guard
>Citizens of Earth
>Persona Q
>>
>>270328978
Shitposting.
>>
>>270329051
>It's making a profit, selling better but it's still dead!
Thanks.

>>270329062
No problem.
>>
>tfw the wii u outsold the xbone in Q3 2014
>yet the wii u is dead and the xbone is alive
>>
>>270329051
Are you telling me that US Eshop has games that aren't the same price as they were on release? If that's the case I would like some proof, because I don't believe you.

Eshop is famously expensive and barren, Nintendo games are famously overpriced compared to their PC/PS/Xbox variants. Trying to argue about it just makes you look stupid.
>>
>>270324972
why did you even bother
>>
File: 1408526246065.jpg (165KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408526246065.jpg
165KB, 1440x1080px
>the WiiU is outselling the shita
>we can't have WiiU threads
>we can have shita threads

WHY
>>
>>270329187
Wonderful 101 dude.
>>
File: 1408973461842.jpg (59KB, 576x607px) Image search: [Google]
1408973461842.jpg
59KB, 576x607px
>>270329227
Sonyggers are so insecure about Nintendo. They're butthurt because they only have the COD kids audience now while the japanese games audience is 100% on Nintendo side
>>
File: huh.png (65KB, 245x264px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
65KB, 245x264px
>mfw nintendrones actually defend the Wii U

>Shit rehashed games
>No innovation
>2006 hardware
>forced tablet gimmick that failed spectacularly
>no third parties
>overpriced shovelware games and fisher price gimmick peripherals
>no games for 2 years
>shit online

>people actually bought this shit.
>people actually like this shit
>>
>>270329187
>Eshop is famously expensive and barren
The Eshop has sales quite often though. Third parties have sales. Nintendo has sales.

>Nintendo games are famously overpriced compared to their PC/PS/Xbox variants.
No, they retain their value longer. AAA sales are all front loaded sales. Nintendo's tradition is in lifetime sales. One method isn't inherently better than the other but that's how both work.

>Trying to argue about it just makes you look stupid.
You're the one talking about shit you don't know a thing about.
>>
>>270328889
>>270328893
I see.

>>270329019
>terrible
I think when you compare it to the PS4 it probably is. I don't think you're silly enough to compare to last gen tho.
>worst selling nintendo console
We're still a long way from knowing how well the Wii U will sell. Remember how poorly the PS3 sold the first two years of its life? You probably don't because most people remember how well it turned out in the end.
>1 month boost
The boost we're talking about is over a 6 month period. Not 1 month.

>dead dude
I have no personal stake in Nintendo. I merely point out truths to dispel old knowledge on vdya for people who may not be on top of things.
>>
>>270329497
please stop justifying nintendo's jewish practices by saying "they retain their value longer"

The only reason they do it is because they've always done it.

Even in the early 90's they always did it, when they had the industry at the neck
>>
>>270328518
>a few months ago
We got reports from nintendo and sony last week, sony is fucked.
>>
>>270329130
Listen the merits of a "living" conse is not found in the Wii U. You make it seem.like the worst selling mario kart of all time means something.

Will that really fix the consoles issue of being severely underpowered for its price point?

Will it fix its terrible sales?

Will it make third parties give a shit about it again?

Will it make Wii U owners like me have to wait less time for a single good game to comes out, where often there's a 4 month waiting period?

The answers to all the above is no, and you can tell Nintendo is getting desperate by selling the 3D world minigame as something notable. They are on their wits end, and part of me wont be surprised if Nintendo discontinues the console in early 2016.
>>
>>270324650
I didn't see your comment until now. I just thought that on ewas silly and referred to the idea of Megaman being in Smash would be enough on its own as opposed to the game in its entirety.
>>
>>270329497
>The Eshop has sales quite often though.
No it fucking doesn't, every other platform (steam, PSN, XBL) has discounted prices every single day, while we're lucky to see a weak sale every month or so, and even then after the sale the prices go right back up, unlike elsewhere where the prices actually are permanently lowered once in a while.
>One method isn't inherently better than the other but that's how both work.
How isn't it inherently better for the people buying games if the prices go down? Trying to argue what is better for a company just makes you look like a drone.
>>
>>270328889
>responding to replies to copypasta
>>
>>270323943
>MK8
>saved Wii U
>official

What? WiiU is still a floating turd, with 8 million units sold. Blunder of the century.
>>
File: 1393286933934.jpg (13KB, 347x464px) Image search: [Google]
1393286933934.jpg
13KB, 347x464px
>>270329784
Dude it's been 150 years you're saying Nintendo is doomed. When will it actually happen?
>>
>>270329227
I think the Wii U is a next level piece of shit honestly.
>>
PCfag here: What does it take for you personally to buy a console?
>>
>>270327963
Have you missed Sony's last financial report?
The gaming division actually made profit.
>>
People won't buy third party games on nintendo consoles

nintendo consoles are just irrelevant nowadays

Why people even want nintendo to stay in the console business I do not know, they're consoles are always gimmicky or underpowered nowadays.

It would be miles better if they were third party, then maybe they could actually be relevant in 2014
>>
>>270329926
>they should go third party
Coming from an old SEGA fan.

Stop.

Your whole argument is in the toilet.

It's shit.
>>
>>270329926
You keep saying that since 15 years yet it isn't happening. Why is that?
>>
>>270329913
Games that I am interested in. It doesn't matter if it is one game or 20 games. If there is a game I am excited for I'll buy the console for it.
That's why I will buy a PS4 for Bloodborne.
>>
>>270325054
3D Land overhaul with Galaxy pandering and Year of Luigi content

it's a better linear 3d mario game than galaxy
>>
>>270329840
They havent been around that long, and nothing I said was short of reality for the Wii U. I fucking own one and dread having to wait for something decent everytime. I think Nintendo wony even have another successful console unless its a portable and the sooner they stop scamming people with home consoles, the better.
>>
File: 1414191730774.jpg (16KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1414191730774.jpg
16KB, 292x257px
>Will they ever overtake the PS4?
>>
>>270329757
So the PS division is doing poorly? I doubt that. I don't doubt that the other divisions under Sony's belt have done poorly however. Perhaps you mixed the two together?

>>270329784
You've listed several things that have already been answered. But you do make an original complaint.
>waiting period
This is a problem Nintendo admits to and is actively trying to remedy through collaborations with other developers.
>>
>>270328624
>>constantly rehashes their IPs
Stopped reading right there, loving this argument, it's just so laughingly delusional.
>>
>>270329879
Yet it's outselling the shita
Sony is so irrelevant for us. The players of japanese videogames
>>
>>270330037
Please. Just sell your Wii U.

You're retarded beyond belief.
>>
>>270329992
Dude, it is happening. The more this happens to Nintendo, the worst it gets for them. Their next console, if it even happens, will have less third party backing then ever from the onset.

The reality is, if you bet on a Nintendo console as a consumer, its a losing bet. The Wii U is a disappointing thing to own.
>>
File: 1393016729601.png (41KB, 543x521px) Image search: [Google]
1393016729601.png
41KB, 543x521px
>>270330037
Well keep you WiiU and never buy a ps4 then. /v/ told me the ps4 would get Wonderful 101, Bayo 2 and even Mario and Zelda since the ps4 is so successful and Nintendo will go under

Now I'm stucked with an overheating piece of shit with no game. Sony stopped givign a shit. They just think "they will buy it anyway"
>>
>>270325651
>No F-Zero
>No Starfox
>No Metroid
>No mainline 3D Mario that isn't usual Galaxy and NSMB shit
>No Nintendo Wars game
feel more like the wii only with gamecube sales
>>
>>270330054
>The players of japanese videogame
I'm pretty sure the Vita is out selling Wii U in Japan

and the "Japanese videogames" thing is going in smart phone direction
>>
>>270330148
>The reality is, if you bet on a Nintendo console as a consumer, its a losing bet. The Wii U is a disappointing thing to own.
As a Wii U owner, I disagree. My three friends who also bought a Wii U also like it.

It's just you.
>>
>>270330048
mario kart 8
infinite mario platformers
3dworld is as soulless as a 3d mario could have ever been, rehash
donkey kong is a series of rehashes
pokemon has tons of rehashed games

>It's okay when nintendo does it guys!
>it's okay that I love and support the EA/Activision of japan just because they make kiddy games!
>>
>>270330054
Actually the vita still has higher worldwide sales since its doing much better in asia and japan
>>
>>270330047
>So the PS division is doing poorly?
He's talking out of his ass. The PS division did great. It was the mobile division what fucked their profits.
>>
>>270330231
>Actually the vita still has higher worldwide sales

The shita was released one year earlier. Is it supposed to be impressive
>>
>>270330229
Epic, anon. Simply epic. I have no words, I love you.
>>
>>270330112
I really should, but the real issue is I can't because no one wants to buy it. In fact, I paid 100 bucks for mine because the owner was desperate to get rid of it.

After bayonetta 2 being dissapointing im hoping we at least get one good game in 2015.
>>
>>270330229
2/10
Effort but no soul.
>>
>>270330148
Yet third parties keep releasing games on it. What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>270330303
considering it has no games, and even Sony is hesitant to support it, it's a fucking miracle.
>>
>>270329820
Saved refers to them turning the machine into a profit. Do you perhaps mean something else?

>nintendo consoles are just irrelevant nowadays
Their IP is what brings people back to its consoles and handhelds.

Nintendo is not content with being someone else's bitch (third party). That's a silly notion.

>>270330045
Could they?

>>270330270
Also music, computing, and television
>>
>>270330324
Sell it GameStop or whatever.

You're just too retarded for words.
>>
>>270330148
>B-BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE CAWADUDDY! NINTENDOOOOOOMED
>>
I don't think I have met anyone that owns a Wii U let alone people that speaks positively about it outside of 4chin

Truly is the secret club console
>>
>>270330192
The PS4 is shit but the Wii U was in a worst situation for a year and a half.

I know your false flagging, but complaining isnt going to make the Wii U a better console, no matter how shit the competition is.
>>
>>270330270
>12 millions systems sold
>barely any profit
>doing great

lel
>>
>>270330440

Same here. Only /v/ likes that thing.
>>
>>270330440
>>270330483
>only gaming enthusiasts like it
>a negative
>>>/out/
>>
>>270330391
>shita isn't selling
>sony abandon it after 2 years
>WiiU isn't selling
>Nintendo keeps supporting it with GOTY contenders

N-No one is defending this right?
>>
>>270330214
If its just me, why can I claim the very same for 2 other friends regretting it? The issue is not everyone is a die hard Nintendo fan that can play the same few games over and over.

Even as a fan, the library is extremely limited.
>>
>>270330447
>Wii U was in a worst situation for a year and a half.
Confirmed for not knowing shit.
>>
>>270330440
My manchild cousin owns one but that fag also collects Japanese sword so ....

Well at least they aren't on my platforms i guess
>>
File: Tom.jpg (314KB, 1158x881px) Image search: [Google]
Tom.jpg
314KB, 1158x881px
>>270330351
>third parties keep releasing games on it
>>
>>270330303
All things considered, it still gets more support than the Wii U does.
>>
>>270330447
>Dissent against sony-sama spotted
>Engage sonydelusion circuits!

What next? You will say the shita isn't the worst blunder of this gen?
>>
File: 1414777297428.jpg (162KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1414777297428.jpg
162KB, 500x493px
>>270323943
>tfw not autistic enough to enjoy a mediocre fighter like Smash Bros
>tfw Mario Kart is OK, for a week or two.
>tfw my friend luckily just won his WiiU and didnt waste any money on it

I just sold my 3DS as well, fuck this shit.

And fuck Nintendo. Those jews can go drown in their own sea of shit.
>>
>>270330559
You're delusional and have scrub friends.

Sell yours and get your friends to sell theirs.
>>
>>270330351
Okay, which ones? You do realize third party exclusives are paid by Nintendo.
>>
>>270330539

>/v/
>gaming enthusiasts

AYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>270330625
Don't cry Anon, you're plenty autistic enough.
>>
>>270330605
psp was the loser of last gen

mean while Wii sales was on par with PS2. So yeah Wii U is probably the biggest blunder of this gen
>>
>>270330403
Nope.

Mobile: huge loss
Gaming: big profit
Image products: profit
Home entertainment: profit
Devices: profit
Pictures: very small loss
Music: profit
Financial services: big profit

>computing
They have already sold their Vaio division.
>>
>>270330603
It doesn't
WiiU got 6 indies games this week
Shita got jack shit
Why people are still releasing games on WiiU and not on shita? Could this mean people are still buying games on WiiU and not on shita? Why don't sony fans support the shita?
>>
>>270330605

>b-but muh shita

nice deflection
>>
>>270330406
Then I would lose money. Its best to keep it and hope for a good game by the end of its life, which may be soon anyways.
>>
>2014
>still trusting in Nintendo
>still awaiting another marvelous console like the N64

Its never gonna happen bros, time to switch over to the PS4 and experience real gaming.
>>
>>270330726
>Then I would lose money.
Been as stupid as you means you will lose money anyway.

Sell it.
>>
>>270330649
Nintendo isn't forcing them dude. If they accept it means there's money to make
>>
>>270330676
>litterally defending the shita

wow.....
>>
>>270330769
Being*
>>
>>270330605
Are you aware you make Nintendo fans look like autists? I mean your acting embarrassing. Sheeta? What the fuck am I reading. Its like a grade school kid losing his mind.
>>
>>270330745
No thanks. Only COD kids buy ps4. Japanese games enthusiasts are on Nintendo side
>>
>>270330775
the wonderful "101 sales" and bayonetta "2 copies sold, why?" probably made no money
>>
>>270330745
Stop false flagging.
>>
>>270330894
>probably
Source: Your ass.
>>
File: 1409684010497.jpg (31KB, 420x443px) Image search: [Google]
1409684010497.jpg
31KB, 420x443px
>>270330351
The only third party games for Nintendo's console is either shovelware that gets thrown on every console, lazy as hell ports of major games, or shit Nintendo had to pay for.
>>
>>270330705
Thats not true, the Vita gets more support period. Your acting like a child. You dont even have to like the Vita to see it.
>>
File: 1370877593619.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1370877593619.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>270330841
I'm just asking why the WiiU is outselling the shita. Why sony is so irrelevant for an audience that isn't COD kids? Why do you refuse to answer?
>>
>>270329792
>No it fucking doesn't

>Indie sales multiple times
>Nintendo sales multiple times on titles released within the past six months. You could get 3D World for 35 buck 2-3 months after release.
>Ubisoft has had sales for their titles
>Capcom has had sales for their tiles
>Seasonal themed sales

>even then after the sale the prices go right back up, unlike elsewhere where the prices actually are permanently lowered once in a while.

Price cuts aren't sales. Either way their own titles have gotten price reduction.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>270330689
I'll take you word for it anon but only because I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Xperia was a huge failure for sure tho.
>>
>>270330938
The only third party games for the shita is either shovelware that gets thrown on every console, lazy as hell ports of major games, or shit sony had to pay for.
>>
>>270330769
Why? I can keep it to show to others that they should keep away.
>>
>>270330883
which is why bayonetta 2 sold less than the xbox 360 version of bayonetta 1 in japan, right?

Which is why nintendo have metal gear solid 5, final fantasy xv and bloodborne coming out on the wii u, right?

I don't own any of the next gen consoles by the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 732x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 732x454px
>mfw the Wii U finishes dead last
>mfw it has the best exclusives of the gen
>/v/ pulls a 180 saying that multiplats count as PS4 exclusives in a desperate attempt for damage control
It has already begun.
>>
>>270331018
>Why?
I already explained why.

>I can keep it to show to others that they should keep away.
That would imply you have friends or any person that would choose to be around you. Which is false.
>>
>>270330947
Not that guy, but you make Nintendo fans look pretty bad with your sperging.
>>
>>270330894
Funny because yakuza ishin and omega quintet sold even worse on ps4
Why don't sonyggers support japanese games?
>>
>>270330947
But the Vita has more sales, so im not sure what you mean or how your childish banter is related to the Wii U.

You are quite literally acting like a 10 year old and butchering latin. Are you from some uneducated shit hole?
>>
>>270331005
Ironic. In all honesty, the quality, or the fake quality you give the games is irrelevant. Support is support, and the Vita gets more.
>>
>>270331085
They would if Japanese games were relevant anymore, which they almost aren't.
>>
>>270331021
Yeah I wonder how well those games will sell compared to japanese games on Nintendo systems
protip: Pokemon X: 11 millions copies sold
>>
>>270324373

>titles like Hyrule Warriors

Let's be realistic here.
>>
>>270331192
>backpedalling
>>
>>270331072
I have plenty of friends, a sweet job, a vacation coming up. Im not trying to make people stay away, they do it themselves when they see it at my house and use it for an hour.

The only issue I have really is theres nothing really good about the console. No one missing out on anything by it not owning it.
>>
>>270331272
>this delusion
Just sell it man.
>>
>>270328624
>For a portable, the 3DS sis well for it self (see Super Street Fighter 4 3D)
>Iwata is fixing it, blame the European retail market as the digital market has been fixed.
>There is a battery that improves it to 5-8 hours.
>So does the Xbox One which both can use USB drives.
Amazon has the games 10-20 or so dollars off, check there.
>Call Of Duty & Madden do the same thing, Nintendo and their 1st/2nd parties just do a much better job then Activision & EA.
>They have stopped doing that.
>Most of Miiverse is over 18, there are very few people under 12 and if any pedos show up in Miiverse Nintendo will ban you and call whoever thats needed to put you in jail.
>50% fake, It's loads better then the DS & Wii's online and Iwata is fixing the later.
>Blame the lack of ram.
>The Wii did have more VC goodness but that is not enough of a excuse to call the E-Shop a wasteland with such gems on it like Shovel Knight, DuckTales remastered and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse; Also VC games that are much cheaper then it's original version like with Earthbound ($10 on VC vs $150 SNES), MegaMan V ($5 on VC vs $48-100 on GB depending on the shape of the cart) MegaMan X2 ($8 on VC vs $61-120 on SNES) MegaMan X3 ($8 on VC vs least $81 on SNES, PS1 version is around that price but a little cheaper when the Saturn version is half the SNES'/PS1's price), Shantae ($5 on VC when at least $250 on GBC) and Demon's Crest ($8 on VC when at least $90 on SNES).
>Amazon is the only place that is doing price drops on 1st party retail software, it is over priced compare to Amazon.
>At least theres less shovelware.
>The PS4 & Xbone are also outdated as well.
>The screens that the New 3DS uses are 800x480 & 640x480 and they run at half the rez by using new switching tech made by Sharp ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-scanlines-effect-present.372578/ ).
>Again, The PS4, PS Vita & Xbone do the same thing too.
>They don't do it that much, they only use it as much as needed.
>>
>>270331109
>But the Vita has more sales

It doesn't the WiiU is selling faster
Why don't sonyggers support the shita? Why do they only support COD? I'm just asking but you will probably answer me with insults like an autisic kid
>>
>>270331221
How is pokemon relevant to the wii u? How is a low quality childrens game any merit towards something good?
>>
>>270324373
Do poeple like you actually understand that marketing costs money? That's one of the reasons Sony has such an enormous loss every year.

It's Nintendo's decisions, if they want to sell less units but also spend less money on marketing, that's fine.

Your retarded "sales" aren't everything.
>>
>>270331272
The only person you're trying to prove is yourself.

You seem to be failing.
>>
>Bayo 2. 10/10 GOTY
>Xbone got good reviews on sunset, fun game
>PC getting VC port
>Ps4 has a HD version of TLOU

Sony is in 4th place. We all know it. And the sony fags keep crying. It's been downhill for them since e3. The tears are wonderful.
>>
>>270331358
>BUT IT DOESNT COUNT

Why sony had to pay for Bloodborne?
>>
>>270331221
Are you defending pokemon games?

They're the epitome of nintendo's rehash culture kiddy shit child-magnet cash grabbing shovelware.
>>
>>270331387
>Xbox One + Wii U win
Excellent.
>>
>>270323943
Normally I'd continue crossing shit out on that list, but I honestly think Smash will have at least the same, if not bigger, impact than Mario Kart 8 primarily for the fact that it's been way more hyped up. If Smash Bros won't boost Wii U sales by at least as much as Mario Kart 8, then I'd say nothing else can save the Wii U. At least I've been having fun on it and will continue doing so for another 4 (at least) years to come.
>>
>>270325454
There are TV ADs for the PS4 like 24/7, even for 7/10 games. Of course it sells.

Marketing is also fucking expensive, though. Sony isn't really winning anything here. At the same Nintendo the Wii U might sell like shit but NIntendo isn't spending fucking anything on marketing in comparison.
>>
>>270331454
>Normally I'd continue crossing shit out on that list
>>>/NeoGAF/
>>
>>270331428
While you're defending a piece of shit with a 15 in the title
>>
>>270331316
Look at how you type, you aren't even reading it. Are you from Finland? I heard that place breeds unfathomable stupidity.

I dont think anyone should even bother with you, you type like Chris chan and make Nintendo fans looks like shit slinging monkeys. Please do everyone a favor and drink bleach, the board will be better off.
>>
>>270331381
Why would I need to prove reality to myself?
>>
>>270330023
Yes... bloodbourne. But what else are you going to buy? Are you just buying a console for 1 game?
>>
>>270331578
Keep telling yourself that buddy.
>>
>>270331524
>nothing to answer
>insult only

That's my shitards
The WiiU has 7 japanese games that sold at least 1 million copies
The shita has 0
Why is that? Why the audience who doesn't like COD abandonned sony?
>>
>>270331524
You do realize you only posted a personal attack with no real relevance to the conversation you're having right?
>>
File: Pen.jpg (97KB, 1000x726px) Image search: [Google]
Pen.jpg
97KB, 1000x726px
Shitty expensive controller peripheral gimmick forced into games that don't need it half the time

Online is very poor for a modern console

The majority of the consoles games and nintendo's for that matter are kiddy games

The games as of yet have been relatively meh in reality, pikmin 3, TW101, 3Dworld, DKCTF were all games that failed to be that great in all honesty.

The only games that are really worth it are currently mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2.

The console is very underpowered for a modern console.

The console is STILL region locked, Nintendo are just backwards.

The third party support is little-to-none, and exists primarily of poorly made seventh-generation ports that everyone has already played.

The support from indie developers likewise, is relatively small, and no real noteable titles besides maybe "Gone Home" are present or coming to the console.

The games themselves, like all of Nintendo's games also often fail to diminish in price at most locations, which can put a new buyer off.

The console seems expensive for hardware which is very outdated.

The games coming out for it are inredibly sparse, and it has been that way throughout the majority of the consoles life.

Really the only titles coming for the system worth even considering now are Smash, Zelda U, Starfox and Xenoblade chronicles X, the Wii-U just doesn't have much else going for it.

And the problem of third party absence means that there is nothing to fill the gap, the Wii-U is a monumental waste of time and signals that Nintendo should just go third party already.
>>
>>270331607
Telling what? Im not sure how I can convince you or why I should bother. I live it day by day, im sorry your life is so shitty you need to doubt me
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.