[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NO MORE GFWL ON DARK SOULS PC!!!!! http://bandainamcous.tum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 18j250ml4dsggjpg.jpg (89KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
18j250ml4dsggjpg.jpg
89KB, 960x540px
NO MORE GFWL ON DARK SOULS PC!!!!!

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/100546461401/we-are-very-excited-to-announce-that-next-month-it

"We are very excited to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)
In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.
Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.
Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Join the Bandai Namco Games America Community!"
>>
I want to care, really, I do, and I think it's a great move that shows Bamco cares about its fans...but who still plays DaS?
>>
>>268620487
on steam its like 1k at low hours and about 3-4k at high hours?
>>
File: YES.gif (968KB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
YES.gif
968KB, 380x262px
>>268619421

Holy fuck this is great. PvP will be alive again.
>>
gonna start playing again since ds2 was trash
>>
Will this improve the servers and lag?
>>
>>268620487
A surprising amount of people actually. Which is kind of unfortunate because they all mostly play PvP.

The coop gets hardly any love. Maybe this will change that. Probably not.
>>
I hope From Soft touch up on the shitty frame rate and optimization. I use DSFIX at my native resolution and it runs at about 40FPS, but Dark Souls 2 at a constant 60FPS at max with all of the mods.
>>
File: 1381216063075.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1381216063075.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>268619421
>consolefags will never ever get the definitive version of Dark Souls
>>
>>268621053
No. DaS2 lag is just as bad and it's on steam. Network problems are a result of From Soft's incompetence, not GFWL (for once).
>>
>>268621283
Co-op is pretty active at
Burg
parish
Anor londo
and anywhere before sens/blighttown more or less. - catacombs excluded tho
>>
Just out of curiosity.

Now, I'm happy that GFWL is getting the axe but doesn't that mean Steam will pick up on the DSfix like it had been done with DaS2 and ban people?

I'm not 100 percent on the whole thing, I ended up getting DaS2 for PS3, but I'm just curious if there is a chance for that to happen when it gets changed.
>>
>>268620487
Not many people since Windows Live decided to fuck its userbase. 99% of people are stuck in a mobius loop of "Your account appears to be compromised", sending you to a log-in screen where you can only offer a verification code which will never come, or buy another copy of the game since the key is tied specifically to your Live ID. (which you can't access, because there's no windows live support)
>>
>>268621665
No. there was a bug where people with any VAC ban were getting blocked from online in Das2, but no one got banned for GeDoSaTo.
>>
>>268621995
Good to know, cheers.
>>
File: skinnygaben.jpg (452KB, 1337x1983px) Image search: [Google]
skinnygaben.jpg
452KB, 1337x1983px
>>268619421
Does this mean VAC?

If this means VAC then this is infinitely worse than GFWL. I'm not going to fucking run DSfix on a VAC game just so VAC can autodetect the injected .dll and ban me for 'hacking' then have valve completely fuck me over and soil my account forever, and I'm not going to fucking play without DSFix or my visual mods for that matter.

This better not be fucking VAC. We saw how much people didn't like VAC in DS2.
>>
>>268620487
It's a publisher electing to continue to support their old software. It's a nice gesture. If nothing else, care because it's something we should be expecting more of, though we hardly ever see it.

That said, this doesn't seem to include online support. Only save and achievements, so the game is still 'dead', but for everyone that invested a bunch of time into the game its a nice move by the publishers that at least acknowledges all of the time their audience put into their game. Getting their save data 'recovered' is a friendly move.
>>
>>268621665
Nobody's been banned with GeDoSaTo. The people that said they were are the same false-flaggers that they were saying they were getting banned for using DSfix.
>>
>>268622254
>>268622254
Maybe that's because DARK SOULS 2 DOES NOT HAVE VAC.

They took it out really quickly. People were pissed about it.
>>
>>268622156

How can one individual be so misinformed?
>>
>>268622156
There is no VAC in ds2. See >>268621995
>>
>>268622346
Dark Souls 2 did have VAC for a week. Pretty sure GeDoSaTo was already out. Also, GeDoSaTo doesn't get you banned on other VAC enabled games like TF2 either.
>>
>>268622156
why does steam support blow so much

im still dealing with a paypal chargeback from a hacker when he tried to dump cash from his paypal into my wallet to buy himself dota2 bullshit

its not even my fucking fault, i keep my shit secure and they still wont unrestrict my shit. ive got 2 gifts to redeem too. fuck
>>
>>268622254
DS2 doesn't use vac though. Also I'd much rather just pirate the game and play fully offline with mods than risk my entire PC gaming livelihood being ruined by a single unfair ban because vac.
>>
>>268622570
forgot to mention that it happened in june, and ive been e-mailing steam support on a monthly basis since. fucking scum
>>
File: 1394752443152.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1394752443152.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
>>268621476
>Sony/Playstation
>not definitive version

>nips caring about foreign taste
>ever
>>
>>268622654
VAC bans only count for the game you were banned in, minus some Source and GoldSource games. Like, if you're banned in CS:S, you're also banned in TF2. But if you're banned in COD:MW2, you're only banned from COD:MW2
>>
>>268621476
For me the console version is the definitive version. I have great memories of that game and I'm happy I played it when it came out and long after. Plus Blighttown just isn't the same if the fps don't drop below 30.
>>
The fuck our GFWL tokens?

Are they going to do it like Arkham Asylum where suddenly a GOTY edition appears in my library that uses Steamworks or some shit?
>>
>>268621995
You aren't mentioning two important points.

1. VAC is completely automated but not perfect. It has been known in the past to pick off some individuals while many under the same 'offense' were unaffected. It may just be that no one was unlucky enough to be that guy especially considering the 2nd point,

2. VAC was only up for a short time before being removed, and few people were even using GeDoSaTo because it was very new, unknown, and still under development while VAC was still up

It may just be there weren't enough testers and time for any cases to pop up. Maybe there were even 1 or 2 but we don't know about it because it's just one random fucking guy who gets screwed over and everyone ignores him.
Especially with the insane immaturity the community has when anyone contests a vac ban, outright calling them hackers and cheaters regardless of how well constructed or legitimate their defense is
>>
>>268623239
That doesn't change the fact that your account will always have the vac stamp. You'll be untrusted in trades, people will see you differently, and you'll just feel nasty in general. It's like being labeled a sex offender. Sure now you're out of jail and you can go to the store or the movies like anyone else but you don't want that shit following you around forever.
>>
File: 1393652331229.gif (998KB, 409x230px) Image search: [Google]
1393652331229.gif
998KB, 409x230px
>>268623613
so much true
>>
I have this game for PS3 but I don't really dig the DualShock and I like my PC. How terrible is the port? Ige only heard bad things.
>>
>>268623491
>It has been known in the past to pick off some individuals while many under the same 'offense' were unaffected
Has it? It has a delay, so not everyone using a cheat would be found at the same time. What examples are you thinking of?
>>
>>268620487
It's been on my account for months now. Never touched it.
>>
>>268623915

You're kind of outta luck then, the PC controls are ass. But DSFix fixes everything else wrong graphically.
>>
>>268621535
>from
>netcoding
>>
>>268623915
The default controls on kb is really bad.
worse is the aim, you move in ticks not smoothly.
The only video config is blur and AA.
30fps lock
>>
Res fix and framerate fix?
>>
>>268623915
Visually it's definitely nicer with no graphical mods because the textures are compressed on consoles I believe but DSfix fixes that on the PC by upping the resolution and letting the textures shine. On top of that the post processing effects can be nice like AA, SSAO, and the like.

By far the biggest benefit in my opinion is the FUCKING FRAMERATE. Holy jesus balls. There's a button that toggles 30/uncapped (or optionally a higher cap) you can press for those extremely rare (1 or 2 places the entire game) that you need 30 FPS to make an optional jump that would otherwise not work because of technicalities on 60fps. The second you switch to 30FPS it feels like complete ass. I have no idea how people can play like that.

As for PC controls, if you use DSMfix (in addition to DSFix) you can fix the controls. Set the camera to max sensitivity in the tool, and make some comfortable mouse settings and you're good. I played the entire game like 4 times with m+kb and I prefer it way more than the controller. Personally I used leftclick as attack, rightclick as block, then used ALT as a modifier to make ALT+left heavy attack and ALT+right parry. middlemouse button (press) locks on. Mousewheel up/down changes items/spells.

It's really feels quite natural once it's set up. Even if you use a controller though, it's worth playing on the PC if nothing else for the framerate.
>>
>>268623095
>tfw PS3
>tfw avoid invading at 2am so I don't get my ass rekt by gooks
They always parry me effortlessly and it always gets to the point where it's annoying
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.