[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Metroid Prime 1 and 2 >Smash Bros Melee >The Wind Waker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: gcn.jpg (73KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gcn.jpg
73KB, 1024x768px
>Metroid Prime 1 and 2
>Smash Bros Melee
>The Wind Waker
>F-Zero GX
>Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
>Super Mario Sunshine
>best versions of Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia that gen
>best version of Soul Calibur 2
>Battalion Wars
>Pikmin
>Eternal Darkness
>Thousand Year Door
>cool concept games like Custom Robo, Baten Kaitos, Animal Crossing, and Crystal Chronicles

Please tell me you all got to experience Nintendo at their most refined. You did own a Gamecube, right?
>>
Nope, but I own a Wii and have access to ebay. Not like I can't play this shit.
>>
Skies of Arcadia, don't you forget.
>>
>>268615408
I loved the fuck out of my gamecube. Played all those gems. Also, you forgot sonic advanture 2 battle. That chao garden.
>>
File: 1400979104811.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1400979104811.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>268615408
sure did anon

I still have all of those games in decent packaging

I am seriously fucking glad I didn't sell any of that shit,have you seen the prices on shit like Path of Radiance? god damn
>>
>>268615629
>>268615685

Those were both Dreamcast games though.
>>
File: 1382735654026.jpg (6KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1382735654026.jpg
6KB, 300x303px
>>268615408
>tfw I own all these games
>>
File: that mouth.png (37KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
that mouth.png
37KB, 493x276px
>you owned a Gamecube and GBA player
>tfw inserted Superstar Saga with it
>you can do co-op mode in battle
>mfw
>>
>>268615783
Dreamcast didnt have the battle version for sonic, did it? IIRC, it did not have chao garden. Forgive me if im wrong, tho.
>>
>Super Mario Sunshine
>Good

The tinted goggles is strong in this newblood.
>>
>>268615871

I remember there being some kind of VMU connectivity with the Chao Garden in the original game, but the GameCube version was by far the definitive one.
>>
>>268615931
Not OP, but it wasn't terrible.
It spawned the god-awful Nyarglebargle though..
>>
You're fucking right I did. I still play it, got the black version. Good to see its spirit lives on in the Wii U with the adaptor for Smash

GameCube gets my vote for aesthetically best console ever made.
>>
>>268615783
They may been on Dreamcast but the GC versions were much better. GC versions included updated graphics, and shit tons of new content.
>>
File: file.png (95KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
95KB, 259x194px
>mfw playing windwaker with my brother, him being tingle on the GBA.

>>268616061
>mfw getting a golden and silver chao from the gameboy advance game
>>
>>268615819

God the GBA player was so fucking cool. Zero Mission and GoldenSun on the big screen made me giddy as hell.
>>
>>268615408
That gen was legendary. Everyone was at there best(well maybe not xbox), but even sega went all out. I really wish we could get a fraction of that back.

Hell Gamecubes launch titles alone were better than all the games released on the wii combined.
>>
>>268616196
Dreamcast skies of arcadia had better audio, but that's about it
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 448x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 448x310px
>tfw playing Pac Man Vs. 4-player with GBA connected and three controllers.
GC had god tier multiplayer
>>
>Not including REmake
pleb
inb4
>muh terrible yet enjoyable original voice acting
>>
>>268615819
Game Boy Player was the shit. Also dat TECHNOLOGY for certain GBA games that includes extra stuff when played on the GB Player. Goddamn I loved that thing.
>>
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is like 75 bucks at my nearby used game store, I was going to pick it up until I saw that price tag

Is it rare now or are they just trying to cash in on nostalgia
>>
How could I not have? That had some of the best multiplayer experiences. Mario Baseball was cool, and the Tennis/Golf games are the best in the series.
>>
>>268616615
I wanna say it's the latter. They pull the same shit for pokemon RSE games.
>>
>>268616245
>well maybe not xbox
Well, Xbox hasn't been any better since then
>>
>>268616245

Xbox at least had their own "personality" if you know what I mean. They had a very good selection, if a little small, of games you just couldn't have on other consoles that gen.
>>
>>268615408
Of course, it was a great console.

It really is a shame how far Nintendo has fallen since then.
>>
>>268616760
I actually looked it up after I posted that, its like 165 on amazon, 65 used

I think my friend still has it but idk, ill have to see if I can get it from him if he does
>>
>Tfw 2004
>Got Gamecube
>First game as SA2 Battle.

Wait, Anon I don't see Timesplitters 2 on there either!
>>
Also Master Quest, the definitive versions of several Dreamcast classics, the REmake, Twin Snakes plz no bully, and many hidden gems like Lost Kingdoms. Owning both a PS2 and a Gamecube that gen was as close to heaven as I'm gonna get.
>>
>>268615408
Out of all these games which is easiest to emulate on dolphin with a keyboard? Don't have a controller just yet.
>>
>>268617106

I think he was going for exclusives, mainly.
>>
>>268616245
Xbox had Jet Set Radio Future stop under selling it.
>>
>>268616245
>there will never be another gen as good as 6.
All three consoles were fantastic in their own right and worth owning for a plethora of exclusive titles, and the GBA was great. It will never get better than that.
>>
Hell yeah baby, built like a fucking tank too. mine still works 12 years later
>>
>>268617490
Xbox just didnt compare to the others is what I meant. I felt the xbox was completely worth it at the time as well even with its small library
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (47KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png
47KB, 300x163px
>>268617509
You will never get to play ffxi on the fat PS2.

Feels bad.
>>
>>268617509

It was the last gen where each system had its own personality, like someone said already. Now that exclusives don't exist anymore all of the consoles just kinda blend together.

Also, it was the last before all we had was AAA and indie games, remember how there would be so many "in-between" games without huge budgets but made by a good team of developers? I really miss those.
>>
>>268615408

The only good games there are REmake and TTYD
>>
File: Radiata_Stories.jpg (66KB, 256x357px) Image search: [Google]
Radiata_Stories.jpg
66KB, 256x357px
What an amazing game.
>>
>>268618612
How can you like TTYD but not PoR? Both are excellent games for similar reasons, even if the games are obviously different.
>>
>nobody has mentioned Kirby's Air Ride

That, Smash, and the Mario Party games were the Holy Trinity of multiplayer back then.
>>
>>268618830

I didn't like Ike. His moralfaggotry about the laguz thing was annoying. The story as a whole was pretty bad. The Black Knight literally gives you the instructions to kill him.
>>
>Gotcha Force not listed anywhere

I'm pretty disappointed in you guys.
>>
>>268618816
must kick everything.

Human master race here.
>>
Currently playing Mother 3 on the Gameboy player, what are you gamecube bros playing?

Also Gamefly sent me Baiten kaitos today, I'll get on it soon.
>>
>>268619061
That's because the Black Knight desperately wants to fight a good opponent, as he becomes obsessed about fighting. And I feel PoR has one of the best plots for the main game, as Ashnard is a great villain and I actually like Ike's character development. It is also neat to have characters like Shinon disagree and even insult Ike, sometimes for valid reasons.

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. Even ignoring the plot, the gameplay was solid and reintegrated elements dropped in the GBA titles while doing new things.(shame about Maniac Mode being cut in English versions, though.)
>>
>>268619520
Indigo & clear controller in the mail, can't wait to play Melee with it
>>
>>268619676
That reminds me, I'm glad Wii U Smash's Adaptor gives me the option to buy new GC controllers without resorting to insane online pricing(the little nubs on the main analog stick wore down after a decade of use). Yeah, they aren't Wavebirds but corded ones are better for Melee.
>>
>>268615408
Yup owned a GC, it was okay. Not as great as some of you make it out to be.
>>
File: 1380316125745.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1380316125745.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>268616236
>tfw Isaac's Battle Theme starts playing on your tv
>tfw YOUR WEAPON LETS OUT A HOWL!
>mfw ISAAC CASTS RAGNAROK!
>>
timesplitters 2
>>
Current Library:

>007 Nightfire/Agent under fire/Everything or Nothing/Russia with Love
>Sonic Adventure DX/Adventure 2 Battle/Heroes/Riders/Gems
>Amazing Island
>Super Smash Bros Melee
>Super Mario Sunshine
>Luigi's Mansion
>Paper Mario TTYD
>Mario kart Double Dash
>Mario party 5/6
>Pokemon Channel
>Pokemon Colosseum/XD:GoD
>Legend of Zelda Wind Waker/ Twilight Princess/ Four Swords Adventures
>Starfox Assault
>FZero GX
>Custom Robo
>Chibi Robo
>RE Make/ RE: 0
>Skies of Arcadia Legends
>Tales of Symphonia
>Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
>Baiten Kaitos/Origins
>Billy Hatcher
>Geist
>Gotcha Force
>Kirby Air ride
>Wario World

>Have Metroid prime trilogy
>Have New leaf and wild world, so no need animal crossing
>Have pikmin for wii

Am I missing anything /v/?
>>
>>268621306
Do you have Pikmin 2 for the Wii? Pikmin 2 is pretty good. Also, Mario Strikers and Tennis are great with friends, although there are other versions of the sports games. That's a great collection, though.
>>
>>268621587
Mario Power Tennis is the best Mario Tennis game to date.
>>
>>268621587

Seconding Strikers, that game was a blast.
>>
>>268621306
>no soul calibur

You best be steppin it up.
>>
>>268620093
Same here. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing about how revered the GC controller is, but I absolutely adore it's design. Love the fact that it came in a variety of colors as well.
>>
>no ribbit king

why even own a gamecube without that gem?
>>
>>268615408
>best version of soul calibur 2.

If you're a casual.
>>
>>268615408
I wish, but i can't get to make both my PC and my Wii to read my HDD

I've tried everything
>>
>>268621306
Ocarina of Time: Master Quest I suppose, if you don't have the original N64 version.

>>268615408
I think you had this same thread yesterday. And yeah, I had a Gamecube, but never got much for it back then. Been having to slowly build up my library for it due to prices at the moment. I actually still need to play a lot of the games on it, but on the other hand, I'm getting to play them for the first time and having a blast.

>>268616245
>>268618816
Looking at sixth gen, the overall amount and quality of a lot of the games was pretty fucking great, be it console or handheld. Even the rather shortlived GBA saw a lot of quality titles.
>>
>>268619137
Unfortunate that it's so fucking expensive and hard to find these days (while emulation is certainly an option, the fact that it's not a commonly found or discussed game likely doesn't help get people to play it) and Capcom never reprinted it in the west (I hear that while Japan got a reprint, it's still really fucking pricy even out there).
>>
File: 1320356574412.jpg (42KB, 498x501px) Image search: [Google]
1320356574412.jpg
42KB, 498x501px
How long until Nintendo starts doing more HD remakes/collections of Gamecube games and/or adds Gamecube titles to the Wii U's virtual console?

I would seriously pour money to that shit if Nintendo did it.
>>
>>268622054

Them spawn combos.
>>
>>268615408
>Metroid Prime 1 and 2
>Halo for nintendorks
>Good

>Smash Bros Melee
babbies first "fighting" game

>The Wind Waker
Zelda: Casual mode

>F-Zero GX
>Super Mario Sunshine
Decent

>best versions of Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia that gen
Like i give a fuck about muh 30 fps and muh lightning

>best version of Soul Calibur 2
>Fanboys believe this because muh Link

>Battalion Wars
Fire emblem with tanks

>Pikmin
Shit

>Eternal Darkness
>Silicon knight games
>good

>Thousand Year Door
casual mode RPG

>cool concept games like Custom Robo, Baten Kaitos, Animal Crossing, and Crystal Chronicles
Gen 6 was filled with those
>>
>>268622429
I'd be down if they added gamecube controller support through the adapter for the VC. Shit any of the existing VC games (including Wii mode) should have support for the GC controller
>>
I loved the fuck out of my Gamecube, still do, but if you honestly believe Sunshine is a good game you need to be assassinated.
>>
>>268615408
>no REmake
>no Skies of Arcadia
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
6KB, 265x190px
>>268622661
>shitting on TTYD
I will fight you, you piece of shit.
>>
>>268622817
While I'd appreciate the authenticity of playing a Gamecube game with the original controllers, I've been spoiled by wireless controllers so if the pro controller was usable I'd be okay with it.
>>
>>268623094
mario RPGs are so goddamn boring and easy they're not fun
>>
>>268623094
dont fall for such obvious bait. just hide the post and move on
>>
>>268623224
What RPG's do you like to play, then?
>>
>Remember the night dad brought home the first Spyro for PS1 and Melee.
My dad was pretty cool. Also got me Animal Crossing for my birthday
>>
>>268623094
IT's not like he's shitting on a good game for example Rocket Slime
>>
>>268622661

poor bait. try forming attempts at arguments next time. you might get a nibble that way.
>>
>>268615408
GC was definitely the last good system to come out from Nintendo, I still remember getting it for christmas with Metroid Prime, and shitting myself when I got F-Zero.

>>268615720
>seriously fucking glad I didn't sell any of that shit
I kept my GC for almost a decade, and one day, my mom decides it's best to put it in a storage that she wasn't paying for, and ALL of my shit got auctioned...
>>
>>268623367
>implying you won't just call them shit
>>
>>268615408
>no chibi robo
bruh
>>
>>268623224

>pit of 100 trials
>easy

>dialog
>not fun in its own right
>>
>>268621306
while not gamecube specific, a lot of multiplatform titles during that gen were just as classic, like star wars bounty hunter, godzilla destroy all monsters melee, timesplitters 2 and turok evolution which is actually shitty looking back but I had a ton of fun with it
>>
>>268615408
>not listing the most based Animal Crossing
>>
>>268615720
Saw a copy of Path of Radiance last year for about $10. Figure the poor sap that sold it to that store only got about $3, maybe $4 max for it. But yeah, overall, Gamecube prices have gone up a good bit since Gamestop stopped stocking for it, and there's a handful that have completely ridiculous prices, for used copies anyhow (Gotcha Force, Path of Radiance, Cubivore, and Skies of Arcadia Legends being notable; also hear there's a sports game of all things that average about $100 since the print size was really fucking small, but thankfully that's not a huge loss if you ask me)

>>268623531
That fucking sucks. lesson is that if you'e going to be away from your systems for a prolonged period of time, leave that shit with a trustworthy friend instead of with mom or dad, because parents tend to just see it as clutter taking up valuable space, especially if you're not there to use it. Hell, given that my dad's a filthy reseller chances are he'd just list my shit on ebay or Amazon and keep the profit if I left my stuff with him.
>>
>>268623804
the gameplay overall is easy as shit
if you're good at timing you can beat everything without even getting damaged and dealing nothing but criticals

>fun dialog
yeah, if you're a baby maybe
>>
GC + Wii U nintentoddler masterrace
>all that glorious Ninty
>>
>>268623429
Nice. The Spyro trilogy were favorites of mine on the PS1 (and still hold a special place in my heart; helps that they're pretty easy to go back and replay since the controls and graphics are pretty damn good for 3D PS1 games). As for Melee I've never played more than a few matches of it. Don't have enough people around to play it with, but on the other hand I don't feel a need to go out and spend $50+ on a copy of it due to that, so I suppose there's that at least.
>>
>>268615408
>left out Pokemon Colosseum and Viewtiful Joe
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.