[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just reached 200 population on my 1st town that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: banished.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
banished.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
Just reached 200 population on my 1st town that doesn't look set to burn, starve or age into oblivion. Anyone else enjoying this game?
>>
Comfy ✓
>>
nice 1 m8
>>
there's something so nice about autumn and the harvest, I have a tiny pumpkin patch next to the church just because it seems right
>>
>Doesn't look set to burn

It's gonna burn
>>
File: exiled gypsies.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
exiled gypsies.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
It was fun for a few days when it came out. Not much reason to play it after that.
>>
>>267619598
b-but i have wells...
>>
>>267619737
were the hell are all those people going?
>>
Enjoyed it for a little while

got boring dude to no content
>>
The problem with banished is you run out of stuff to do really fast. Also the game sort of reaches a critical mass where you can't fail as you just have too much stuff
>>
>>267620818
i guess I'll reach that soon, It would be nice to have another tier of stuff after stone houses and that. Not a bad game for a 1 man dev team though.
>>
>>267620818
>>267620656
>>267619737
pretty much. i was dead bored by 20 hours because my town was self sufficient or close to it. if theres any expansions/good dlc in the future though, id definitely pick them up
>>
>>267622215
He "just" released the mod thingmajing. I expect people to do stuff for it in the future.
>>
>>267622380
wasnt that like 2 months ago? i remember it coming out in the summer. been a while but i have not really heard of anything else since the release
>>
>>267622380
there's this stuff http://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse
its some nice stuff but I'd love to see zombies if your graveyard:priest ratio got off
>>
File: Tenure Screencap 02.jpg (325KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tenure Screencap 02.jpg
325KB, 1280x720px
Screencaps from my "Tenure" run: 500+ population for 200 years.
>>
File: Tenure Screencap 01.jpg (344KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tenure Screencap 01.jpg
344KB, 1280x720px
You can see on the minimap that I had six of these market hubs (plus a big area for mines/quarries on the left), which could support about 150 citizens each.
>>
a fucking tornado just sucked up about 80 chickens, half my population and all the bear. Damn it.
>>
>>267622779
>>267622912
how many hours did that take? how could you play so long? it just got so boring after you figured everything out
>>
I like the /ss/ element
>>
>>267619943
they're nomads that I rejected
>>
File: Tenure Screencap 03.jpg (314KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tenure Screencap 03.jpg
314KB, 1280x720px
Once all of my hubs were established, my population did this boom/bust pattern. Fires and plagues actually spurred a lot of pop growth because they cleared out the old people who were hogging the houses.
>>
this was my biggest, lost interest soon after
>>
>Mods and steam workshop finall being added.
>Even bigger announcment is supposed to come out soon.

Is Banished the savior of video games /v/?
>>
File: commieblock.jpg (238KB, 1199x697px) Image search: [Google]
commieblock.jpg
238KB, 1199x697px
>chess board city layout
>>
File: Tenure Screencap 04.jpg (328KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tenure Screencap 04.jpg
328KB, 1280x720px
My various stockpile levels. Kept way more junk around than I needed, just in case.

>>267623070

I'd say somewhere between 20 to 30 hours, but it's doable in much less. I wasted a ton of time fiddling with my hub layouts and going for various achievements along the way (which is why I have all those mines/quarries rather than just trading firewood for stone/iron/coal).

Also, once I hit 900+ population, my CPU started chugging and I could only keep it at 5X speed.

The last 50 years were a complete bore. I just left it running while I watched TV.
>>
Thing I dislike the most about Banished that you constantly have to be building new houses for people to live in and you need to keep expanding your town in order to survive. If you leave your town be a while without new houses for people to live in your population starts to die off and one grandma living in a stone house prevents a young couple from moving in, having kids and keeping the town alive by producing workers to replace the old people.
>>
>>267623114

>nomads that I rejected

GOOD.

NEVER let nomads in, no matter how badly you need the extra workers. They bring nothing but disease and more mouths to feed.
>>
>>267623735
surely theres a critical level where theres enough death and population to be self sustaining ?
>>
>>267624874
Is there? My experience is that the old people refuse to leave their homes fast enough for the population to stay healthy. If there is a certain amount of populated houses to keep the population steady, please let me know.
>>
>>267625305
I wish I knew, my proud 'everything is fine' town just got belched into the sky. Its going to be raining livestock and children in wherever they got banished from.
>>
it's like Minecraft, basegame is fun for a while but gets boring fast.

Mods is where it's at
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.