[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pander to Tumblr faggots >Tumblr faggots decide you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12

File: gaider.png (53KB, 586x328px) Image search: [Google]
gaider.png
53KB, 586x328px
>Pander to Tumblr faggots
>Tumblr faggots decide you're offensive
>Nobody else likes your shitty LGBTQGHLK game
Why did they think it was a good idea?
Also: Preorder Dragon Age™: Digital Deluxe from Origin thread
>>
This whole SJW thing is almost always just people trying to feed their egos by taking a supposed moral high ground
>>
File: 20130503203649.jpg (78KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
20130503203649.jpg
78KB, 660x660px
What games do tumblrites play?
>>
>>267477968
DanganRonpa?
>>
>>267477841
Appears to be that increasingly so
Just read some thing about some feminist going off at women who like being 'family women' or mothers. It really just came down to some person writing "everyone who doesn't live like me is wrong"
>>
>>267477968

They don't.
>>
>>267477968
RapeLay.
>>
>>267477968
First game that shows up down my list of Tumblr follows is Dynamite Headdy.

So they have better taste than /v/ at least.
>>
>>267477968
They don't own any consoles. They just watch Pewdiepie and let's plays.
>>
>>267477968
barely any of them actually play vidya.

Or they play babbys first game like some facebook shit, WoW, DOTA, LoL etc.
>>
>>267477703
> /v/ hates them because muh /pol/
> swj hate them because muh you can't satisfy those retards in any way
> old fans hate them because the make shitty games
If nobody likes them anymore, what is their target audience
>>
>>267477703

Guess what?

Most of the time, the people who claim to represent women, gays, and trans people are just talking out of their ass. The people they claim to represent are usually fucking embarrassed by them.

Look at any woman who claims to speak for Blacks or Anthony fucking Burch claiming to speak for everybody.
>>
>>267477703
Hopefully this will be a lesson that telling 98% of your customers to fuck off and calling them rapists isn't a good idea. Especially when the 2% are actively looking for things to be offended by.
>>
>>267478006
not anymore, Zettai Zetsubou was full of all kinds of horrific shit like children getting raped/harassed and they denounced the series
>>
>>267478273

Even if your fanbase is actively shitty, you shouldn't make blanket statements like that. It always shocks me how fucking retarded these people are that they don't realize how bad it is for their image.

You're not being "brave" by talking shit to people. Even if you're 100% correct, you'll look like an asshole since you're lumping so many people together and offending them by association.
>>
File: 1408506912150.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
1408506912150.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
There is literally NO pleasing tumblrites or SWJ's. EVER. I don't know why people have still never learned this.

Have an opinion? You're offensive. Apologize and attempt to diffuse the situation? You're mansplaining.

What's the right road to take as someone famous /v/? Is it better for them to defend yourself (like Jon for example) and basically say "fuck off retards" or just completely ignore them altogether as if they don't exist? I believe it's the second, as it's attention they crave and feed on.
>>
Is it really so much to ask for a decent WRPG these days? One that isn't casualized to hell, focused on social justice, and with a decent production so it's not just a small indie project?

I'm honestly struggling to even think of the last proper WRPG I played. I guess maybe Fallout New Vegas, but with so much cut content and butchering it's like half the game it was supposed to be.

And now with rumors of The Witcher 3 going around that there may be dishonest promises I'm at a loss for any worthwhile WRPGs.

Christ, I miss RPGs.
>>
I still can't forget the way bioware was so unapologetic about the ME3 ending backlash because it was "an artistic decision"

like after this grounded sci fi character driven 3 game series should end with a surrealistic conversation with a star child and an ambiguous ending

the sad thing is I'm sure very few of the people who worked on stuff like baldur's gate, jade empire, and knights of the old republic are still there, at least not in design positions, so it's a bunch of idiots driving this company that I used to love into the ground

fuck, it makes me so mad just thinking about it
>>
>>267478460

Indeed, ignoring them à la CDPR is probably the best way. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, respond to them in a way they deem offensive (everything except agreeing with them) and they'll start some hate campaign against you.
>>
>>267477968
The same games /v/ plays, none at all
>>
>>267478246
idiots. if you tell sonyggers they're getting 1080p while xbone gets 900p they'll buy whatever the game is.
>>
>>267478460

If you're running a fucking business, you follow "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" to the fucking letter.

I really don't understand how these people think it's good PR by shaming their customers like that. It's literally irrelevant as to whether they deserve it. You don't shit on the people who fund your livelihood. Make positive statements for what you believe in. Don't make passive-aggressive statements just because you're feeling a little whiny today.

These fucking people are so out of touch with reality. I wouldn't mind nearly as much if it was just a bunch of low level guys and crazy fans, but to see creative directors and businessmen talking this kind of shit is atrocious. This is an industry being run by whiny manchildren.
>>
>>267478621
Divinity: Original Sin is actually good.

And if you're willing to use your nostalgia and settle for mediocrity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns and Pillars of Equality might be good for you as well.
>>
File: loli_RULE-BRITANNIA.jpg (41KB, 311x485px) Image search: [Google]
loli_RULE-BRITANNIA.jpg
41KB, 311x485px
Why is Gaydars face so punchable?
>>
>>267478639

> Mass Effect
> entire point of the series is how even your smallest choices will matter in the grand scheme of things
> completely fucking undercut that with three copy-pasted endings and a shitty sympathy ending that was added later

> B-B-BUT IT'S AN ARTISTIC SUBVERSION

Yeah, doesn't make it a good subversion. Just because you change shit willy-nilly doesn't mean the change is good.
>>
>>267478767
>Divinity: Original Sin is actually good.

Isn't that still in early access, or am I remembering incorrectly?

And those games could be decent, but again it just feels like the last time we got a full-fledged, well-funded WRPG was years ago. Indie and crowdfunded projects are nice, but they always feel less than what they could be at the end of the day.

I don't know if that makes much sense, but it just feels like the genre has died off lately.
>>
>>267478621
Skyrim. Alright, it's pretty casual, but for fuck's sake, it ain't SJW, it has decent production values, you can mod it to hell and back and while writing ain't the strongest, it's focus is still on roleplaying.

Seriously, people give Elder Scrolls so much shit, but compared to this faggotry, at least it's fun.
>>
>>267478990
Nah, Divinity has been out for months. Recieved several polishing patches.
>>
>>267477703
>Goes on a twitter tirade against legitimate criticism of his works by claiming people are using the words selfishly
>Gets offended when people say his whiplash personality treatment of a character from Awakenings to DA2 gives them concern for favourites possibly returning in Inquisition
>Gets offended and goes on a tirade when people remark on how stupid it is that a game series that they claimed at the time respected your decisions goes and invalidates a potential character death scenario they wrote into the games themselves
>Is surprised and offended when people find his description of a character as "fully gay" obnoxious
>Still thinks he's living in a world where most people love him for his BG2 mod

Man I would love if someone could find that fucking rug Gaider used to wear to check it for runes or some shit relating to sucking someone's goddamn brains out because this guy has lost the plot harder than DA2 did.
>>
>>267479021
Skyrim is the epitome of the problems WRPGs are facing these days anon. I appreciate the appeal, but Elder Scrolls gets shit these days for a good reason. Forgetting lore that made the series special, throwing difficulty out the window for a broader appeal, turning exploration into nearly MMO style randomized loot fests, shallow quests with terrible stories, and more.

Roleplaying is nice, and so are mods, but when the base game/world is so dull and empty it's hard to feel very "in" the game. Some people can look past those issues, but for me it just brings down the whole thing.
>>
>>267479094
>a character's whole personality is "fully gay"

Man, even SJWs can't stand for this shit.
>>
>>267479021

People give TES so much shit because they expect a lot of it. Skyrim is not a shit game, if it was the first Elder Scrolls game people would love it. The reason it gets so much hate is because of gutted content.
>>
File: homo.png (18KB, 268x331px) Image search: [Google]
homo.png
18KB, 268x331px
>>267479094
>fully gay

Still gets me.
>>
>>267479272
And because of the terrible combat. And terrible progression. And dungeon variety. And quests variety. And...

I guess muh mods fix some of that, but not everyone likes polishing a turd.
>>
File: Maybe I'll hide my shame here.jpg (2MB, 4497x2702px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe I'll hide my shame here.jpg
2MB, 4497x2702px
>>267478918
He was born that way.
>>
>>267479042
Any chance you could give me a small rundown of what it's like? I've heard it's an isometric RPG that seems to be kicking casuals in the ass, but besides that I've heard nothing in the way of story, gameplay, or other factors.

I'm certainly desperate for a proper WRPG these days. Feels like I'm actually finishing my backlog of old PC WRPGs I missed out on.
>>
>>267478918
It's the imx of undeserved smugness and ego.
>>
>>267478621
>Is it really so much to ask for a decent WRPG these days?
Divinity: Original Sin? Too 'indie' for you? There's also Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera and both seem to be very close to classical RPGs.
>>
>>267478386
>they denounced the series
Holy shit yes, I'm so happy
Merch will be available at cons for acceptable prices
>>
>>267479258
>>267479272
True. It's just that when I look at this DA:I bullshit, and then look at Skyrim and other TES games, I can't help but smile at the fact I don't have to worry about fully gay or transexual characters being shoved down my throat, and not being able to defend myself from a crazy female bandit wielding a two handed axe because it goes against the point of the game.
>>
>>267478460
Ignoring SJWs is a guaranteed way of making them give up and move on to the next flavour of the month.
>>
>>267479384
The combat is turn-based.

The story is comedic in tone.

You can interact with insane number of objects in the enviroments.
>>
>>267479365
In some ways I envy these people.

Imagine being able to still sink into casualized RPGs and not notice all the glaring flaws. Imagine being able to make a dialogue choice that has no bearing on the story, but it still makes you smile because you're interacting with a character you like.

Christ, I wish I could stop noticing that shit. Hell, now it's hard to play a lot of games because I can spot low frame rate and I can't ignore it.
>>
>>267479258

This is a tangential note, but when I played Morrowind for the first time I was frustrated by the lack of waypoints (pretty ironic, since I bitched about all the waypoints in New Vegas). Then I realized that I only cared because I developed this insane completionist obsession instead of just relaxing and exploring this crazy world, like an actual adventurer would.

Playing open-world games because you want to feel like you "completed" something is often the wrong way to go about it. From what I've heard, a major problem with Skyrim is how the devs expect you to actively burn through the content instead of simply exploring and stumbling upon adventure. There are still random events, but the overall structure encourages this completionist mentality.
>>
>>267478386
Finally shit got real.
>>
>>267479364

Compared to what?
>>
>>267479582
That's what it means to be an enthusiast. Same reason why /a/ takes their video players and 10bit very seriously.
>>
>>267479430
Indie isn't exactly the problem, just that crowdfunded/indie projects always feel like they could be so much more. They always feel lacking in some ways. It's hard to explain without coming off like an ass, but maybe I'm just being picky here.

>>267479475
Don't get me wrong, I'd sink another 100+ hours into Skyrim before touching DA:I.

Just that it's like comparing some milk that has gone bad to some milk that has fully solidified and has green shit growing on it. Yeah, I'll take the bad milk first but I'm not really happy about it.
>>
>>267479682
Various good games. Not Morrowind, don't worry I'm not stupid enough to dodge Skyrim and jump right under Morrowind like many people on /v/.
>>
>>267478386
[citation needed]
>>
>>267478621
Expeditions Conquistador is pretty great.
>>
>>267478169
>Pewdiepie

No, he made an off-hand joke one time like 2 years that could have been interpreted as slightly making light of rape.

He's Hitler.
>>
File: 11223435.jpg (4KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
11223435.jpg
4KB, 232x217px
>>267477703

>Also: Preorder Dragon Age™: Digital Deluxe from Origin thread

How many of these threads need to be reported before they stop.
I'm...tired, /v/. Is there any point?
>>
>>267478386
>children getting raped
You caught my interest. Is it the second game?
>>
>>267479784
The last 2 I mentioned are still in development but D:OS seems like a very polished game to me.
>>
>>267478460
Even tumblrkind's favorite game Dangan Ronpa 2 got shit Turbo Social Justice Warrior Patrick Klepek and he even liked the game apart from "some things that were problematic"
You cannot please them without completely destroying your game(Read: Dragon Age 3)
>>
we need a mod on day one that turns all the non white characters into blonde haired blue eyed ayrians otherwise we've missed a trick
>>
>>267477703
What did he even say to enrage tumblr fags?
>>
>>267479862
No. Just submit, and pre order.
>>
>>267479615
That's a big problem that you've touched upon.

When playing Skyrim the world is built with fast travel in mind. Quests constantly throw you from different ends of the world, bouncing back and forth. If you actually wanted to play the game without fast travel it would take hundreds upon hundreds of hours of dull trudging through bland mountains.

I really caught on to this when I installed a mod that made it where my character got hungry, thirsty, and tired. I almost considered turning it off since I would have to eat and drink CONSTANTLY since quests would have me fast travel everywhere. It's obnoxious.
>>
>>267478460

Ignoring solves the problem like 90% of the time when it comes to people being all up in your shit for no reason in general
>>
File: RG-Nod.gif (61KB, 208x192px) Image search: [Google]
RG-Nod.gif
61KB, 208x192px
>>267479954
>problematic
>>
>>267479857

> RAPE
> RAAAAAAAAPE
> RAPE RAPE RAPE

That's your classic PewDiePie video.

Listen, I don't have a hate boner for him but he's not exactly a high brow or tasteful guy. He's just a moron who says stupid RANDUM shit because he thinks it's funny.
>>
>>267479260
>>267479321
And he reacted to criticism for that the same way he reacts to any criticism.

Churlish and pathetically.

He's one of those fuckers who has spent so long getting his ass trolled by people on his forums, on his twitter and his tumblr that he's completely incapable of accepting that negativity might be coming from a legitimate source.

He's snapped the bait up so often now when he does it (and he still fucking does it because he can't help himself) he murmurs out of the side of his mouth about how much more clever he is than anyone else.
>>
>>267479968
>cryengine
>mods
>>
>>267479945
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly watching those games closely. They're all we have right now in this drought.

I just wish we'd see this new gen used for something other than graphics and romance simulators. I crave a polished, well-funded WRPG without all the bullshit.

It's ironic that JRPGs seem to be king these days for this shit despite everyone saying JRPGs were dead.
>>
>>267478742
This
With social media like Twitter, I think the fame just gets to their heads; they see they have thousands of followers while some years ago only the most avid gamers would have known their names
Now, these people know they have several followers who will listen to whatever they feel like saying, so they start thinking they're celebrities; except unlike celebrities, these people can't live off drama
>>
>>267479862
By reporting and never replying. No matter how buttfrustrated you are.
>>
>>267480117
You know who one of the most loudest voices claiming the JRPG was dead was?

Bioware.
>>
>>267479981

No, I'll just submit the report.
>>
My favorite "scandal" was with bioshit infinite
>HER TITS ARE TOO SEXIST!
>here they are perfect now
>HAHA THIS IS A VICTORY AGAINST THE SEXIST MISOGYNISTIC PIGS!
>h-hey guys you forgot to b-buy the game
>bankrupt next year

I still don't get why devs and publishers pander to those morons
>>
>>267480212
that's reddit-tier anon
>>
>>267478460
The solution is ignore them.

You have a group that is utterly desperate to cry persecution because soap boxes give their lives meaning. This isn't a group that wants to be appeased; they want to be outraged. And when you aren't feeding them outrage they'll find something more fruitful.

You interact with positive communities only.
>>
>>267479857
>off-hand joke

He talks about raping shit all the time.
>>
>>267479365
ricky gervais as the black knight, cannot unsee
>>
>>267480228

Because they're the loudest minority, amplified by the games journalists.
>>
>>267480208
Which is hilarious because during the time of Dragon Age: Origins and the first Mass Effect I somewhat believed them. I mean fuck, the only real JRPG with a name then was the Lightning trilogy which was the epitome of bad JRPG shit.

Now though the entire situation has flipped. Even FF seems to be getting its head out of its ass these days. And with stuff like Bloodborne and Persona 5 I find it hard to even name any WRPGs I'm excited for that aren't indie or crowdfunded.

Funny how things flip like that.
>>
>>267480228
I honestly think that was more the fact that Levine was an idiot who forgot that going back and continually changing shit costs money you likely won't ever make back.

The fact he kept his job at the end of that when so many didn't is probably the worst thing about Infinite.
>>
>>267480228

They clearly aren't morons when they get what they want and don't even have to play the game.
>>
>>267480228
Considering how shitty Bioshock Infinite was overall, I'm glad Irrational went bankrupt.
>>
>>267480169

They also have this mistaken assumption that the people who follow their social media nonsense accurately represent their customer base. There's some overlap, but there's still a meaningful difference between fans and customers. I love Obsidian games but I don't necessarily love the individual devs or read their stuff.

When a guy like Gaider says shit that he belives the fans will like but which can alienate and anger his customers, he's too fucking dull to realize what happened. The 10 000 people who follow a dev on Twitter are fucking small potatoes compared to the saner general audience, and they can't accept the fact that the larger audience has just as many women, gays, and non-Whites as their "biggest fans."
>>
>>267480056
It's standard SJW indoctrination logic. They invent new ways of saying 'faggot, disgusting, and I didn't like that', because they're bigots themselves deep down.
>>
>>267477968
Dead Rising and they dress in women's clothing
>>
>>267480538

I didn't know 90% of /v/ were tumblrites
>>
>>267480538

I'm not one of those people and I do that.
>>
>>267479582
saved
>>
>>267480397
>I honestly think that was more the fact that Levine was an idiot who forgot that going back and continually changing shit costs money you likely won't ever make back.

This, he always had this problem. I don't even hate the guy and I like his works to a degree, but having him on the top of any project is not a smart idea, at all.
>>
>>267480357
There's The Witcher 2 and Cyberpunk.
>>
>>267480617
Excuse me but you are stealing his opinion,I'm afraid i'll have to report you to the feelings police
>>
>Dragon Age Audience

https://twitter.com/Sarah__Ohh
>>
The vidya industry is such a strange thing when you think about it.

It's one of the most anti-consumer industries out there these days yet still manage to survive on sales without any other source of funding.

I mean think about that. Sure, banks or insurance industries can insult customers but they have contracts and deals as well as other ways of finding sources of income to stay afloat. The vidya industry doesn't though, it only has sales to rely on yet still continues to bash customers 24/7.

To see shit like this with EA is even more surprising because you'd think they'd lock shit down until release of games. Why such a money-grubbing company is so loose with those who work within is beyond me.
>>
>>267478241
>sjw gamurrs
>wow
>dota

Are you straight up retarded?

Lol maybe since it has the biggest player base, especially the ones who show tits on twitch for money and then scream oppression when a male pro gets more views.

Facebook "games" and dudebro casual games that don't need a lot of time to get into since those bitches never play vidya, like cod and FIFA.
>>
>>267480397

From what I gather the original story of infinite was basically a tirade against christianity.
>>
>used to always play paladins
>SJW's claim they're good guys and love everyone
>find myself slowly moving into play edgemeisters and killing everyone I see

Can I kill any character in Inquisition I see? Even Companions? You know, like the Old Baldurs Gate games? Because I might consider pirating it then.
>>
>>267480676

Geez, that describes how I feel about Tim Schafer.

Like the guy, love his work, but I cringe at the thought of him handling a budget.
>>
>>267480802

Of course not, that would be rape. And too complex to implement for Bioware.
>>
>>267478241
Nigger, are you shit talking my vanilla wow?
>>
>>267480617
>saved

Why? I didn't say anything insightful, just commenting on the fact that they probably have more fun than I do these days.

>>267480681
Assuming you mean The Witcher 3? And while I'm excited for that I worry they won't fulfill their promises. And open world game with branching stories is a big undertaking for a company that really only made good stories. The Witcher 2's gameplay was pretty janky at times, so I'm a bit hesitant.

And Cyberpunk hasn't even got gameplay out yet, so not much to get excited for.
>>
>>267480754

The optimist in me wants to believe that video games are still relatively young (half as old as film, and the film industry still has a shit load of problems), so things will mellow down in a few decads. We'll be older by then, but things will be more sane overall.

I don't have any reason to believe this except for the hope that we'll just learn from all this, with time.
>>
>>267480805
Did you get Schagged by him recently?
>>
>>267477968
OppressionQuest
>>
>>267480805
Schafer's other problem is much like Gaider's. He thinks he's such a flawless darling because whoops everyone told him he was for ages when he was the little guy getting beat up by big business.

As such he usually acts like a douchebag on twitter in response to people who disagree with him because to him they're obviously trolls, there's no way someone could ever think he had done something incorrect right?

Actually I think this is fairly symptomatic across the board with these fucking social media darlings these days. It's why they don't realise the boners they're making any more and just keep fucking doing it worse.
>>
>>267480869
That's saddening to hear. I really want another game where I can just go around the world murdering everything and acting out all my edgy hatred.

Oh, well, I guess. Time to go back to Dark Souls PVP.
On that note, is there any other game with PVP similar to Dark Souls, where you can also do funny shit?
>>
I'm glad that SJW are crusading against video games. Eventually publishers will realise that hey, they don't actually buy games. Their opinion will be forever moot after that, and a new golden age begins.
>>
>>267480754
EA has the single worst PR department I've ever seen from a company that size. They just throw lots and lots of money into advertising and then lean back in their chairs going "my job is done"

Did you see how long it took them to respond to the ME3 ending drama? For what was almost a week it was all Bioware-based guys and some of their shill buddies at IGN manning the defenses, and not an official word or consistent narrative regarding the issues from the publisher.
>>
>>267481034

I didn't help fund Broken Age but I did purchase the first Act for my niece.

She's still asking me when the second part will come out. How the fuck do I answer that?

>>267481050

I don't follow him that much but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just being cheeky. The guy needs a bit of a reality check but being aggressive with him doesn't seem to be working. Heaping anger at him just makes him be more defensive instead of taking a deeper look at himself.
>>
>>267478639
If it was an artistic decision why did they hide behind the LGBT community? "Artistic decision," is a valid reason. There was no reason for the fagscreen.
>>
>>267480357
I've always thought that Atlus has been great about proving that the JRPG. isn't dread at all. They've made their occasional fumble (I thought some of the story content for Persona 4 Golden were pandering too much and that they made some questionable decisions for the Etrian Odyssey 1 remake), but between all of their internal teams, they've managed to pump out at least one RPG per year that, depending on who you ask, will probably range from at least "good" to " incredible." Even the years where they've released multiple RPGs per year showed that it never came at the expense of quality.
>>
I honestly don't understand why companies even acknowledge these people OR at the worst, pander to them. They DO NOT play their games.

Take Wildstar for instance. The people who mainly play that are MMO nerds, boys and young adults. When women complained about the Breast Slider, they changed it. But did any of those women actually go ahead and buy the game? No. Because if they did, the game wouldn't be failing as hard as it is.

I don't understand it, /v/. Help me understand? Do they all just have horrible, horrible marketing officials or is there something more to it?
>>
>>267480080
Gayter confirmed for Christian Weston Chandler.
>>
>>267478639
>>267478969
>>267481426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBETU-uOGh8
>>
>>267478621
We went from the main target audience of a huge industry that surprised us every year to relying on guys making games in their basements.
>>
>>267480754
I would guess that a large percentage of people who buy games don't actually keep up with news of what is going on in the industry. For those that do, journalism has done a good job of convincing people that accepting problems will make them mature. Go look at some of the more entry level video game message boards like gamefaqs and you will see people getting off on the idea of being mistreated as a consumer.
>>
>>267481472

It's part of an ATTEMPT to get those women to buy games. Big publishers are trying to do all they can to pander to "bigger audiences". You know, it worked really fucking well with the casual dudebro audience.

Seems like women/SJW audience is different.
>>
>saying it's not surprising and funny
Holy shit what? There are devs willing to speak up against the feminist menace and even acknowledge how habitually "offended" they are? And from BioWare no less?
>>
>>267481663

I think you missed the point he was driving at. He was acting like a bitter victim with "See how hard I try?" for sympathy points.
>>
>>267481459

This thing that's annoying me with JRPGs is that they've stopped making stories in fully realised worlds.

Stuff like Wild Arms, Suikoden, Breath of Fire. Instead it's grind fests and dungeon crawlers.
>>
Is Tumblr giving up on DA:I? Can I expect this game to blow and never heard about Bioware again?
>>
>>267481832
>dungeon crawlers
If only was like Eye of the Beholder.
>>
>>267481805
No, it's a pretty big deal for a dev to say that, especially since he's a BioWare employee.
>>
>>267479936
No, the spin-off that was released recently (in Japanese).
One of the main villains of the game was a girl who's mother forced her into prostitution. The game flat out tells you that the mother sold herself and her daughter as a "package deal" because that got her the most money.
That very girl then also tries to mind break you in a playable pseudo rape scene .
>>
Anyone got examples of the tumblrwhales getting mad about this?
>>
>>267481832
Fuck off, bofnigger.
BoF1-4 is a grindfest.
>>
But dubebros and women/SJW's are completely different.

Dudebros, while they may be casual, just want a fun game. Gameplay and cinematic "coolness" come first above everything. They're essentially just casual /v/ or normal vidya players. You give them explosions and crazy shit happening, and they'll buy it.

SJW's are butthurt ass holes with a victim complex who have to have their horrible, horrible political opinions shoehorned into everything. But at the same time, have this weird, retarded, over the top, exaggerated supposed moral high ground just to feed their ego.
They don't care about video games. They're ass holes with shitty lives who are too lazy to better themselves, so they spend their time pissing off other people. The best thing you can do is ignore them.

Publishers are either retarded, or way too greedy for their own good, and in turn, it backlashes.

They should focus on their core audience, that way they'll get loyalty from fanboys and more copies would be sold. They'd probably even shill the game for free because they love it so much. You see it all the time with the Nintendo fanbase or Souls Fanbase.
>>
>>267482314
>The best thing you can do is ignore them.

Pissing them off is great also

>ib that's giving them attention

It doesn't matter, they get FURIOUS when they see they are powerless to make you change your views or indeed even humor their "politically correct" diatribe

These guys crack, they boil with misanthropy and anger. The best way to expose them to ridicule is to trick them into going on a rant
>>
>>267477968
gone homo
>>
>>267481832
I've always loved dungeon crawlers, so I've never minded to a degree, but yeah, if you're not backed by a sizeable budget, it seems that the story-driven games have dried-up. My problem is that all of the lower-budget RPGs and dungeon crawlers have just devolved into glorified fanservice games, with the gameplay acting as a means of breaking the monotony. If you compare series like Etrian Odyssey to Demon Gaze, you have a relatively-demanding, no-frills, no-fuss dungeon crawler based entirely around its generally well-balanced combat on one hand, and a game that has some bad combat and some poorly-written joke/fanservice scene every fifteen minutes on the other. The disparity's pretty jarring. I prefer portable games, too, but I also can't imagine exclusively being a JRPG console gamer during the previous generation.

Hopefully we'll start getting better games, though, now that more and more Japanese developers are starting to see independent development as an increasingly viable alternative.
>>
>>267477841
It suffers almost as much as the word gamer does.
>>
>>267478460
Here's the thing, SJWs aren't one person.
You can't please a crowd of people who all have different opinions and since you are exposed via the internet the crowd of people you are exposed to is huge.

>>267477703
I don't think DA games appeal to anyone anymore.
It was pandering to a fanbase that is easily insulted, which is moronic. I mean sure, there are people who actually know their way around Social Justice but what they were appealing to was the moral highground feelgood wannabe feminist.
It wasn't appealing to minorities wanting representation since the rep is pretty bad.
The gameplay isn't great.
etc.
>>
>>267477968
As a former Tumblrite I can safely say that any game what has pandering.
>>
>>267480228
Complaining about elements of a game and having them addressed really doesn't obligate you to buy the game though and Bodymass Index and had more problems than one female character.
>>
>>267478460

Only winning move is not to play
>>
>>267477703
I really hope Gaider just fucks off.

Like most other people that worked on BG2, he's been given a free ride ever since. He's a definite one hit onder
>>
>>267477968
They just bitch about games. That's it.

When devs see that pandering to a group that buy games in the absolute minimum isn't sustainable, they'll change their tune.

DA3 is setting itself up to somehow do worse than DA2, which is where the pandering crap first started. They're ramping it up even more so now
>>
File: louis-de-funes-02.jpg (178KB, 1006x729px) Image search: [Google]
louis-de-funes-02.jpg
178KB, 1006x729px
>>267480748

>Seriously - men get polos, jackets, shirts - the works - in up to XXL and XXXL. Women get up to large and trust me it's a small 'large'.

Holy shit, is this fake ?
>>
>>267478386

If that's true then I sure hope you don't expect to see it come stateside in an unmolested state. Thanks NISA.
>>
File: ngbbs531feeddb22e5.jpg (26KB, 480x214px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs531feeddb22e5.jpg
26KB, 480x214px
>>267477703

>go on tumblr to see how mad people are getting
>yeah they mad
>see someone call him misogynistic
># ain't no way to make fun of fanfic writers w/o it being inherently misogynistic

I'M LAUGHIN'
>>
looks like he finally realized you can't pander tumblerist because they'll always have something to bitch about it.
>>
>>267484348

>SJW thought conditions people to be compulsive whiners
>whiners start whining against so-called progressive forces

The ironing
>>
>>267477703
relevant
>>
>>267484348
Nope. He's still the same faggot he used to be. He's just playing out the victim card and pretending to take a moral high ground (exactly what tumblr do best).
>I don't keep tabs
Yeah, you totally don't engage every troll or dick head on forums and twitter.
>>
>>267484551
nice, but it's missing roundup.
>>
Have you considered the possibility that Bioware is not pandering, but rather making the games they want to make, and even though it doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone on tumblr either, and they don't care?
>>
>>267484854
They're part of EA, they don't get to make the games they want.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.