[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (14KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 242x208px
Do you think Valve is actually working on it?
Do you think it will be a console exclusive?
Do you think it will be a PC exclusive?
Do you think it will be Episode 3 or HL3?
Do you think it will be good?
Do you think it will be bad?
Do you think it will have gordon in it?
Do you think it will contain puzzles?
Do you think it will released next year?
Do you think it will never be released?
Do you think it is in development?
Do you think that you know the answers to these?
If you are an employee at valve and want to leak some info please email me at [email protected]
>>
>>266598565
>Using hotmail
>>
File: look_at_him_and_laugh.jpg (43KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
look_at_him_and_laugh.jpg
43KB, 500x373px
>>266598565
>putting your email on 4chan
>ever
>>
>>266598565
This game was never even announced or hinted and even if they released it, it would be the biggest disappointment of all time because of all you dumb reddit nerds who've hyped up this non-existent game. go away idiot.
>>
1. no
2-8. N/A
9. no
10. yes
11. no
12. yes
13. sent :-)
>>
sent ;)
>>
This smells like a sneaky personal army raising attempt.
>>
>>266598747
/thread
>>
Yes they are actually working on it. They have been working on it for awhile but they ended up completely scrapping it and rebuilding it from scratch at one point because they decided to build a new engine first and then build the game on the new engine.

proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7pbCj3xyMk
>>
>>266598565
;) sended
>>
huh?

Valve doesn't even make video games, they only manage a video games platform and sell games.

Sometime they release a few mods and pass them as new games, but that's about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdqdb7z89g

yes they are working on it have fun waiting 10 more years
>>
>>266599178
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7pbCj3xyMk
That video is a year old
>>
1. No.
2. No.
3. Only for a while.
4. Episode 3.
5. Yes.
6. No.
7. Yes.
8. Yes.
9. No.
10. No.
11. Yes.
12. Probably.
>>
>>266599546
uhh, it's 2 months old.
>>
>>266598565
Yes
No
No
Neither
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
No
>>
>>266599623
>August 2014
Year and 2 months old
>>
File: gotobeddad.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gotobeddad.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>
>>266598747
what
but it was
>>
>>266598565
>Do you think Valve is actually working on it?
Probably, Gabe has talked about "Ricochet 2" and "these things, they take time"
>Do you think it will be a console exclusive?
Are you fucking stupid? This is Valve we're talking about.
>Do you think it will be a PC exclusive?
I don't see why it would. Although it wouldn't surprise me if it launched on PC/Steambox first and then was ported to consoles.
>Do you think it will be Episode 3 or HL3?
HL3. Valve has already gave up on Episode 3.
>Do you think it will be good?
It has to be, otherwise a lot of people are gonna be real fucking pissed.
>Do you think it will be bad?
The only bad game Valve has released is Ricochet, they're not gonna fuck up with their most anticipated game.
>Do you think it will have gordon in it?
Fucking obviously
>Do you think it will contain puzzles?
Your questions sucking suck
>Do you think it will released next year?
Hopefully, but unlikely.
>Do you think it is in development?
Yes
>Do you think that you know the answers to these?
idunno lol :)
>>
>>266599750
So you live in October 2015? What stocks have risen the most from a year ago?
>>
>>266598565
No of course they're not working on it, there's too much hype and expectation. Given that employee's have free reign on what they want to work on, I can't imagine any of them would ever want to work on HL3
>>
>>266599750
Anon, there's no easy way to tell you this, but you are posting 1 year into the past. The date here is October 5, 2014. So, I take it HL3 isn't released in 2015? No news or anything? Damn.
>>
>>266598565
Will be on consoles and PC at the same time but the playstation copy will come with a steam code for it.

Can you link your ps4 to steam like you could with your ps3? Or did they just drop it because valve puts out games once every 20 years?
>>
>>266598565
Yes
No
Maybe
I don't know
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
No
Sent ;)
>>
File: 1410396129573.jpg (19KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
1410396129573.jpg
19KB, 380x254px
They can't live up to the hype, period. HL3 has so much hype that literally nothing can completely satisfy the masses. Valve dug themselves into a hole by not releasing it soon after Episode 2, and continue to make empty responses and tiny hints, which just generated even more hype.
>>
>>266600571
I don't think anyone really cares at this point.
>>
>>266598565
You won't see HL3 until you see Source 2 and they're probably not going to release it until their SteamOS is out of beta.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (331KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
331KB, 1280x1024px
>>266600571
>>266598747

This. They're probably finding it impossible to deal with expectations, just coming up with good ideas then scrapping them anyway. They know that it's not enough for Half Life 3 to just be a great game. It has to be this revolutionary, groundbreaking thing that changes everything or people will be upset.
>>
>>266598565
Is it just me or does OP give off the "I don't know about 4chan but it's culturally relevant so I'm going to use it as a resource for my independent gaming article."
>>
It will never work.
Name one company who's waited over 5 years to release a sequel that actually lived up the the hype.

If no one can do it, Valve sure as hell can't do it
>>
>>266598565
>>266600074

I can't see it coming to consoles. Half Life 3 is pretty much the best thing you could have if you wanted to push console users towards PC/ Steambox and directly compete with the big console companies.

The only reason they would release on consoles is to make a bit of extra money, which they dont need because Valve prints money anyway. Exclusivity would be worth more to them than however much they would make from the console versions of the game.

Plus, their big push they keep talking about recently is 'user created/generated content' which isn't really a console thing
>>
>>266601631
Team Fortress 2?
>>
>>266600571
You're underestimating Valvefanboys. Some of them spend hundreds of dollars for a custom glowing TF2 hat or some knife with a special colored name in CSGO. I'm sure that even if they pulled a Duke Nukem Forever, these guys would still be satisfied.
>>
Valve has at least started working on it.
There was a leak early this year showing all the work groups at valve. HL3 was one of them.
It was confirmed as being true when the files from the leak were found in the DOTA 2 source2 update.
>>
>>266601776
Most people who played that probably never even knew there was a TF2.

Besides, it's a multiplayer FPS, not exactly hard to make
>>
>>266601631
It can work if the game before it wraps up its story in a way no one expects or is explicatly hinted at that we will get a sequel in the near future. Half life fucked itself over because of the way they released the content and they ended on a cliffhanger of sorts. That and everyone and their brother dickrides valve as the greatest company and they do no wrong. The blame is both on valve at the way they set things up and the retarded fan base that is around the game.
>>
OP is trying to get us to personal army some faggot and is trying to make it look like a HL3 thread
>>
The reddit memesters have made me hate this franchise.

>LE HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED
>>
>>266598747
>or hinted

Except for the dozen of "Tee hee we can count to three" / "These things, they take time" / "VE ALL HAVE THREE DAYS TO LIVE" an year
>>
>>266602652
that was a /v/ meme before reddit was even a thing
>>
>>266602714
Yes but reddit ran it into the ground. As they do most things.
>>
File: Untitled.png (485KB, 534x796px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
485KB, 534x796px
>>266601631
Anon..
That's 6 years btw
>>
>>266602782
You give Reddit power by thinking everything they touch rot, anon.
>>
>>266598565
Valve, doing something that involves them having to work
No
No
HL3 I would hope
Not really. Like the half life 2 series it wont innovate or be unique and just be a run of the mil fps with mediocre story and shift dialogue
Above
It wouldn't sell without
>hey we have a gravity puzzle, u remember that from all the others
No
>Do you think it will never be released?
It wil at some point, probably with dlc and hats
I think they have a smal 10 man team doing a half life project, bur I wouldn't say its on full prpduction
Yes
>>
File: 1411854445037.jpg (20KB, 280x390px) Image search: [Google]
1411854445037.jpg
20KB, 280x390px
>>266601631
>"Name one company who's waited over 5 years to release a sequel that actually lived up the the hype."

How about Valve with Half Life 1 - Half Life 2 (1998 - 2004) you dingus?
>>
>>266603002
>Like the half life 2 series it wont innovate or be unique

I'm pretty sure Half-Life 2 pretty much set a standard to the FPS genre.
>>
They realised that they couldn't top the first game after they tried and failed with HL2
>>
File: naniporque.png (154KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
naniporque.png
154KB, 500x281px
>>266603127
>>
>>266602896
Most people on /v/ are newkiddies fresh from /b/ that can only parrot shit they hear there such as reddit being the big bogeyman that ruins everything.
>>
>>266598565
>is valve working on the project that'll arguably net them the most dosh since dota 2?

what? no, of course not.
>>
>>266599750
Any good game in the year of our lord 2015?
>>
>>266598565
Half-life 3 will be released after the movie
>>
>>266601631
SC2
>>
>>266598565
Yes.
Are you a complete retard?
Does Steambox count as a console?
HL3
Yes
See above you mongoloid
ARE you a COMPLETE retard?
ARE you A COMPLETE RETARD?
No
>Do you think it will never be released?
ARE YOU A COMPLETE RETARD?
See the first fucking question you mong.
The fuck kind of question is this?
>>
>>266601746
Ps3 had several games that you could do that. Unreal tournament 3 while a shit game was good for user content, all you had to was create it on pc.

Its possible.

>valve would won more from exclusivity
They don't care about video games or gamers. Sure they are making steambox bur hl3 wont be a seller. It's basically an alienware pc with the valve logo for people who want to play pc games but cant onto building a pc. Heck, can you even pirate?
>>
>>266601631

Half-Life 2
>>
>>266603456
Dota 2 still hasn't overtaken TF2 as the thing that earns them the most dosh yet.
>>
>>266604151
>heck
>>
>>266598565
>These questions

What, are you 12?
>Do you think it will be good

Seriously, I've seen 12 year olds ask questions that can be answered more eloquently. Is this what games journalism is?
>>
I don't understand how Half Life 3 could be made in the current development environment at Valve.

That whole system where people can move to any project they deem worth doing. Why would anyone go work on Half Life 3?
>>
>>266598565
I think they are, yes.

Haha no.

Doubtful, since the last few have made it onto console.

Definitely HL3

Maybe

Maybe

Duh.

Hopefully
>>
>>266601631
> Morrowind
> Half Life 2
> Starcraft 2
> Doom 3
> Deus Ex: Human Revolution
> BioShock (from System Shock 2)
Yeah, there are a few
>>
>>266598565
I don't think there is going to be a half life 3. I think its going to end up being Half Life 2: Episode 3.

From the information leaked about Source 2 so far, its not actually a jump like from gold source -> source its actually just a routine source engine update which they have done a few times since source has been around...
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.