[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this video game ever going to be a good video game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

Is this video game ever going to be a good video game?
>>
It is
>>
Does the pope shit on the moon?
>>
When you catch autism
>>
>>265885362
I'd be surprised. I bet they're running out of money since the game isn't selling at all anymore.

They'll probably lose people as they run out of money and abandon it.
>>
>>265885362
when was the last time this game was even updated?
>>
>>265885362
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Go read the links the Starbound General >>>/vg/sbg and check out the trainwreck in retrospect. It's actually kind of amusing to someone like me who pirated to give the early betas a try but was never dumb enough to drop money on it. It's actually kind of funny that it never comes up on /v/ more often because it's an amazing example of early access devs shitting on their customers.
>>
>>265885754
How new are you? THere was tons of Starbound threads on /v/ pre-release that were nothing but mocking at the devs and the constant delays.
>>
I already enjoy it as it is so IDGAF.
>>
>>265885592
Starbound had sold more than a million copies by the first month of this year. For all that money, I could make a great game out of Starbound by my fucking self. Abandonment would be totally inexcusable.

Why are indie devs so fucking incompetent?
>>
>>265886038
I think it's more a problem with early access than indies. Lots of games die early in development that we never even hear about. Now we buy games in these very early stages, and that money keeps them on life support a bit longer, but ultimately they still end up being unfinished garbage.
>>
Every update had key features that were radically different, because it's in alpha. Players got tired of having to start over every two weeks, so they just went straight to just nightly builds to speed up the alpha process.

They add content or tweak mechanics every couple of days. Some of their stuff is hella cool - upgradable matter manipulator that doesn't suck, a new race of space cowboys that fly spacetrains, upgradable ship, a slightly less strictly linear tech progression, etc.

They want to release a 1.0 build in the near future, actually, and have outlined their goals and to-do list on a blog post a few days ago.
>>
>>265886564
stop shilling, I'm telling the mods
>>
>Starbound will never be anything besides a content engine
>>
1.3 look like it will be really cool. I play it as a Metroidvania style of game where I go around finding treasures and beat bosses.

All I need is mini bosses and events.
>>
>>265887167
>>265886564
>even the drone /vg/ thread hates Starbound
>shills everywhere at /v/

Unless you mean Terraria, in which case awesome. They're adding cultists that will summon Cthulhu, this time for real.
>>
>>265886906

I don't think you understand how cool space trains really are.
>>
It's an ok game, although I'll admit I'm more than a little annoyed at how little the devs actually seem to do. I can't fathom how they make posts about doing shit every day but none of it ever seems to amount to anything in the game.

That said I doubt it can ever live up to the hype it had, but it's playable as is, and you can have some fun with it. Crafting really needs a drastic reworking at high levels, and the way you get materials does too. It's stupid how the second I get to the 6th tier or whatever I just rush all the way to the tenth because I can just step from world to world grabbing all I need from the surface easily.
>>
>>265887586
That's not a game, that's a story.

You don't have an idea for fun gameplay, you have a concept for a book, and not a good or original one.
>>
>Novakid ship's cockpit is the cowcatcher
Dropped
>>
>>265887581
Ah, I thought this was Terraria. I'm waiting for 1.0 to judge Starbound. Me and my friends played it a little but it's pretty barebone from what I can tell.
>>
Play Terraria. It's literally a 100x better version of starbound.
>>
File: 1410563451717.jpg (45KB, 617x640px) Image search: [Google]
1410563451717.jpg
45KB, 617x640px
>aryan mod died

oh man that was quite a show when it hit nexusmods
>>
>>265887991
please elaborate on everything
>>
File: sd.png (10KB, 191x191px) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
10KB, 191x191px
>>265885592
They have a shitload of money, actually.

>But Chucklefish could fund the development of Starbound for another 9 years at least. Even if we didn’t make another penny in that time. This includes all our office costs, salaries and every other kind of company expenditure.

Source: http://blog.chucklefish.org/?p=327

That being said; I think it's a good game, but it needs that one hefty update that turns it into a great one.

The latest wipe drove the player retention into the ground, (me included) but I'll probably pick it up again when ships are officially upgradeable.
>>
>>265887956
Terraria is out. Starbound is not. Starbound is not a "game" yet. Just like a cake, you need to wait till it's out of the oven to call it cooked.
>>
The first thing Chucklefish did after getting all that EZ early access cash was move to the most expensive section of London, the financial district, and set up their studio there.
>>
>>265888207
>They have a shitload of money, actually.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA you actually believe this
tiyuri can't manage a project, I have it in good faith from an internet bro that consults for them that he blew most of his money early in hiring a huge team and an office, only to misuse them because he tries to be the cool boss that lets everyone browse twitter instead of working

they're running out of money already
shouldn't have given so much money to the pink attention whore, it's almost pathetic how much tiy wants to bang her
>>
>>265887956
>No instruments
>>
>>265888207
Dont Chucklefish get some money every time a copy of Terraria sell? Was he on a contract or it's a "paid per sold" type?
>>
>>265887613
Pretty much this.

Everything is so much the same.
The game feels pretty much too big with too little stuff to be interesting enough.
>>
>>265888340
They said it's like 90% complete
>>
>>265888340
The game is out. Taking nearly 2 years then hiding behind the "it's alpha forever" excuse doesn't work.
The game is out fully now and it's awful.
>>
>>265888472
You possibly made that up. Redigit is actually a competent businessman and developer and he wouldn't let that happen.
>>
>>265888419
>I have it in good faith from an internet bro that consults for them that

Well my Dad works for Nintendo, and he thinks you're a colossal faggot.
>>
>>265888084
aryan mod hits nexusmods around the same time we finished the dragon dildo and rape mods

comments are filled with people saying it's pretty cool and they're liking the campy iron sky feel it had(only it wasn't shit), he even got permissions from other modmakers to use assets

fast forward a day when it's pretty high in ranking the mod freaks the fuck out and starts banning people for holocaust denial and bans some more for not being offended and removes the mod, it's on infinite "pending moderator approval" now

this was a mod that didn't even offend the chucklefish forums
>>
>>265888541
When my cakes are 90% complete, I put a knife in them and check if it's cooked properly. At 90%, it's not.
>>265888623
It's not out till it's not out. People being able to play it do not mean it's out. I will not play and "judge" the game until it's 1.0
>>
>>265888475
>The game feels pretty much too big with too little stuff to be interesting enough.
reminds me of a cut smash character
>>
>>265888774
I'm sorry, but is Ridley already confirmed for not being in? Oh, that's right. The 3DS version is barely released, the Wii U™ version isn't even out yet. Does one player streaming the game for several hours before the entire world even has it in their hands count as Ridley confirmed for not being part of the roster? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you keep discussing this topic when nothing has even been confirmed yet? Sakurai has dropped big hints for how many months already? Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you keep discussing how Ridley isn't in. You know why? Because you're going to be embarassed when Ridley is revealed as an secret character and becomes even more popular than ever. Are you fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never call Ridley not being in Smash on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling only one guy is making all these anti-Ridley posts because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like Ridley because he is that big. FUCK YOU, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll us players in this board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out the samefag because you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make another shitpost like you're doing now. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
>>265888419
well this sperglord sure did go off-topic with gamergate drama shit

he also doesn't join in the nightly plays, lol
>>
>>265888648
Meh, if I was in duo with a guy, I might give him a part of the profits instead of actual money. If the game fail, nobody get paid. If it's a best seller, he get rich and get money every month.
>>
>>265885362
>Kara Thrace
You're alright, OP.
>>
File: 1307328755408.png (531KB, 599x420px) Image search: [Google]
1307328755408.png
531KB, 599x420px
It will always be compared to Terraria, and it will always be worse.
>>
>>265888984
>not a librarian called "Brook Keypar"
>>
>>265885362

I dont know, it not finished yet.
>>
>>265888948
>gamergate
What the fuck are you talking about, I'm talking about molly
>>
>>265888689

Not even jews themselves cared.
>>
>>265888419
He says he has enough money to fund the game for 9 years without pay. That doesn't sound like running out of money.

They made around 8 million. You don't just accidently blow that much money, even if you are a retard.
>>
>>265887717
Starbound's story is shit tho. It has nothing going for it.
>>
File: Pic2.png (177KB, 1565x533px) Image search: [Google]
Pic2.png
177KB, 1565x533px
>could get real updates
>instead get items absolutely ANYONE can do in ten minutes

I bought into the hype. I've got a permanent jackass sign on my back for it.

I am not holding any hope. I keep checking back, but I know nothing will happen.
>>
>>265885362

Everything about it is just empty. "random" gen weapons are awful, the lack of a stats system or accessories like terraria is awful, and the progression is STILL terrible because the best things you get from just crafting your own bland set of junk.
>>
>>265889349
no one cares, retard
>>
I played it when it first went to early access, I had some fun, then they wiped characters and I stopped.

I'm waiting for it to be "released" to play it again.
>>
>>265890530
okay, starbound shill
funnily enough I'm pretty sure the people in charge of shilling are the community managers

hello molly, go fuck yourself
>>
>>265889349
There's someone who's trying way too hard to troll this thread.
See
>>265885950
>>265886906
>>265887717
>>265888207
>>265888680
>>265888930
>>265890530
>>
I'll buy it when there's more than 3 hours of content
>>
File: ss (2014-09-30 at 02.16.59).png (5KB, 375x174px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-09-30 at 02.16.59).png
5KB, 375x174px
>>265891281
Shut up, shill
>>
>>265888689
Has nobody uploaded the aryan and rape mods anywhere else? I remember stumbling across both of them but I can't find anything about them now. The dragon dildo mods are still up surprisingly.

Also, any mods worth checking out at all?
>>
>>265891736
There's one mod that lets you craft every breakable object as non-breakable furniture. Assorted something or other.
>>
>>265891281
>getting btfo in a starbound thread
>calling the entire board trolls
lol

citing the chucklefish blog is trolling now? lol wooooow
>>
>>265891736
the aryan mod is still up on his blog somewhere, i have the files back when i converted it to be compatible with the race loader a long time ago and the rape mod might not have ever been finished

i fell out of the scene, it's just too much modding to make this game worthwhile
>>
>>265891281
Get fucked, faggot.
>>
>>265892823
I honestly don't care about the work trying to mod the game because as far as I'm concerned, the game is dead and Chucklfuck got me. I'm just trying to make it worth something at least.
>>
>>265891361
>>265892627
>>265893179
Trying way too hard.
>>
>>265893319
I don't know if you're trolling or if you're just a pathetic shill that knows they'll be out of a job soon
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.