[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has IRL experiences ruined a game/gaming for you in anyway? vice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1405569681887.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1405569681887.gif
2MB, 245x180px
Has IRL experiences ruined a game/gaming for you in anyway? vice versa?

I was in the Army and to this day I find it hard to enjoy shooter games anymore. I find more joy in strategy games however, and D&D but thats not /v/
>>
>>264905243
I was a mailman and can't look at a letter without being triggered
>>
>>264905371
I said hard not HER DER I GOT DA PTSD AND CANT PLAY GAMES WITHOUT A TRIGGER WARNING

Please into context
>>
Was in Afghanistan and I'm disappointed there's no dick drawing mini games in FPS and FPS don't have so-bored-want-to-kill myself sections
>>
>>264905583
Did you play Spec Ops?
>>
>>264905865
this is what I imagine being deployed is like

sitting around with your dick in the sand until SHTF
>>
>>264905865
Hard mode, stationed on a ship

Impossible mode, fort Benning Georgia
>>
>>264906062
No
>>
Military intel

Has ruined certain movies but not games yet
>>
>>264906112
Being deployed was mostly boring with some of the most heart pumping moments in existence
>>264906180
Impossible mode: Camp Pendleton
>>
>>264906180
just integrate a Super Deepthroat minigame there somewhere
>>
>>264906689
I was told nice things about the Penitentia- er I mean Pendleton, its in California it must be good
>>
Got 4 years left. hope something pops off so I get my mental ass kicks jacking off to gun shots again.
Th only shooter i can play is modern warfare 2. rest disappoint me for some reason.
>>
I was cat called by a guy when I was walking home from work and I can't play anything without a woman lead anymore
>>
>>264905243
MOS?
>>
File: 1411157843843.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1411157843843.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>264907823
I'm black and i can't play a game with out a slave master anymore
>>
>>264906313
Play it
>>
>>264907584
You made the worst decision of your life
>>
>>264906478
How was intel and what did you do? I'm guessing there are certain things you can't say, so just a general gist.
>>
>>264906313
Play some Red Orchestra 2 while your at it.
>>
>>264908398
11-B, I dont want this to turn into a AMA
>>
A lot of games and movies give me a wtf face now when they talk about emergency medicine. I was a 68W in the Army and seeing defibrillators used as a catch-all for ALL heart related treatments is ridiculous.

One of the worst offenders in recent memory was the episode of Breaking Bad where the German CEO guy kills himself with an AED. Those things are designed to monitor heartbeat patterns and will only allow you to fire a charge if a valid pattern is found. It's built into the device to deter stupid shit like that
>>
>>264908671
I would agree with you. but I got my shit together through my last enlistment. Got a good basis and started my own company. really just re-upped for the medical schooling.
>>
>>264908812
>>264908628
Will do
>>
>>264909351
You're fine. I thought you were an 88m for a second, or 19(we do all the infantry stuff too)d.
>>
Former EOD. I can't take bomb defusals in any media seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 612x612px
>>264909401
One of my favorite things to do in the older battlefield games what run and defribulate people to death, now you've killed it for me.
>>
>>264906478
Know this feel

I can't into stupid action movies anymore that present itself as SUPER DUPER MILLITARY POOPER DOOPER ACTION WITH KUNG FU GRIP!
>>
>>264905371
How did you find Postal 1&2?
>>
>>264909648
Na, I knew a 19, he was cool as fuck
>>
>>264909770
Yeah...

It's funny, I still play a medic in Battlefield and love doing that same thing. It bothers me a lot less in video games than in movies/shows but I still think something like an adrenalin shot or couple punches to the chest would be more appropriate for a revive

Fun fact though, I played Battlefield before and after my training and I noticed some things I did before medic school I was instinctively not doing afterwards which was pretty neat. For example I won't go try and revive teammates that are in an open area or still under fire since that'll probably get me killed too and I find myself switching to semi-auto more often in long range situations.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.