[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mass Effect >"There is a realm of existence so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 490
Thread images: 107

File: 240px-Codex_ME_-_Sovereign.png (91KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Codex_ME_-_Sovereign.png
91KB, 240x240px
>Mass Effect
>"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign."

>ME3
>LEL WE'RE SYNTHETICS THAT KILL ORGANICS SO ORGANICS WON'T MAKE SYNTHETICS THAT WILL KILL THEM LEL

What the fucking fuck happened?
>>
Mac Walters

EA
>>
All the talent left.

But it's still Bioware, right?!
>>
Someone new took over. Someone who had no real experience writing.
>>
File: 1352473281258.png (122KB, 983x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1352473281258.png
122KB, 983x1056px
Mac the Hack not even once.
>>
>>260928420

>Mass Effect 3
>"The cycle must continue. There is no way to disrupt it. All other solutions I've tried have failed."

>Mass Effect 1
>"Your society is based on the technology of the Mass Relays. OUR technology. By ensuring this, your civilization evolves along the pathways we desire."

It's kind of a shame that Leviathan shed a lot of light on the plot when the reveal was the Reapers were BUILT BY IDIOTS.
>>
>>260927846

>Sovereign: you wouldn't understand
>Reaper on Rannoch: you wouldn't understand

>Player: lol whatever

Later...

>Player: What the fuck I do not understand this gg Bioware
>>
File: 1355396704848.png (130KB, 1002x687px) Image search: [Google]
1355396704848.png
130KB, 1002x687px
>me3 has some hope

If only this guy had known.
>>
>>260929285

I could understand what the Reapers were trying to do, but this is a problem because a.) they were being really fucking pretentious about a simplistic and logically flawed purpose, and b.) They could not fail harder at their intended purpose if they tried.
>>
>>260927846
I don't have the image that shows this, but the first game had one actual writer. Then the second game had that same guy and some other dude that EA shoehorned in as writers. And the third game was written solely by the guy that EA shoehorned in.
>>
Basically, EA decided that nigh-incomprehensible Eldritch abominations were too complicated for the audience they were trying to reach.
>>
You guys have a really pedestrian understanding of the ME3 ending.
>>
File: 1352469290043.jpg (45KB, 358x366px) Image search: [Google]
1352469290043.jpg
45KB, 358x366px
>>260930318

Go back to the bns faggot.
>>
>Mass Effect ending: The Reapers are coming, we better be ready.
>Mass Effect 2 ending: Oh look, the Reapers are still coming. Wait, how have we been getting ready?
>Mass Effect: The "Arrival": The REAPERS ARE HERE! Oh wait actually they aren't really actually, but they are still coming and we better be ready.
>Mass Effect 3 intro: Ohshit we haven't spent any time building up to the Reapers arrival other than "The Reapers are coming" for the past 2 games plus DLC. THE REAPERS ARE HERE, WE AREN'T READY FOR THEM THOUGH ANDERSON BCUZ I WAS FUCKING LIARA AND TALKING TO THIS LIZARD WITH CANCER.

Series of the year, all years.
>>
File: 1359896650577.jpg (1MB, 1000x3719px) Image search: [Google]
1359896650577.jpg
1MB, 1000x3719px
We've been over this quite a lot. Bioware's priorities shifted as more of their staff was replaced. Considering everything I've seen for DA3, the studio is irredeemable at this point. Not only is their writing shitty, they've lost sight on how to make an engaging RPG
>>
>>260930547
so just because you understand the ending you're a bio-drone?
>>
>>260930318

>All these actually interesting theories pop-up to explain how the shitty ending is actually some deep patrician shit.
>Bioware openly states that they are all wrong and that they actually are just that dumb.
>>
>>260930890

If you think the ending is good yes. Well maybe not a bio-drone, maybe just an idiot.
>>
>>260930906
the "it was all a dream" theory? groundbreaking stuff.
>>
File: 1334421486690.png (767KB, 1184x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1334421486690.png
767KB, 1184x2398px
>>260930906

Man that was the best.
>>
>>260929896

It was completely logical from the POV of an AI.
The Reapers were tasked with preserving civilizations, and they did excatly that. They didn't annihilate them, they've harvested them. That was the only way they could ensure that the civilizations survive in some form.
>>
>>260931165

It wasn't "just a dream" though was it? If the theory was true it would have actually been a sort of interesting take on what indoctrination is.
Never mind that it would make the ending make no sense since nothing in the real world would be resolved.
>>
>>260930627
Bioware is truly nothing more than a brand owned by EA
There are many Bioware studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare#Structure
>>
File: 1265695555625.jpg (161KB, 641x319px) Image search: [Google]
1265695555625.jpg
161KB, 641x319px
>people think the ending was the bad part about mass effect 3

The entire game was a catastrophe, i think the thing that pissed me off the most was the Crucible. "we've been investigating the mars ruins for 200 years and WE JUST DISCOVERED A WEAPON TO DESTROY THE REAPERS WHAT AN AMAZING COINCIDENCE!"

Also i hated how they tried to shove down your throat that the Krogans were nice peace loving hippies once so it was ok to cure the genophage.
>>
>>260931518

Reapers aren't simple logic computers though so this doesn't excuse the dumbfuck ending.
The two main Reapers both expressed clear emotions, something a logic based computer or AI wouldn't do.
>>
smudboy is the truth
he knows all
>>
>>260927846
They wrote themselves into a hole

ME should never have been a trilogy.
>>
>>260931165
It was the indoctrination theory. You know, the one smudboy utterly destroyed and idiots still believed even when Bioware came out and stated it was wrong.
>>
>>260931518

>It was completely logical from the POV of an AI.

Only if the AI is the stupidest AI in existence instead of some hyper advanced AI from Space that is more advanced than all the races in the galaxy combined.

The reapers. And no, there were plenty of other ways to protect organics from synthetics, starting with "destroy synthetics not organics" instead, they decided to use synthetics to destroy organics.
>>
File: Zinyak.jpg (49KB, 330x348px) Image search: [Google]
Zinyak.jpg
49KB, 330x348px
>>260929782

Harbinger had a cool voice though, he's the same VA for Didact.
>>
>>260931676

We know, but the ending was the giant spew of shit on top of the very bland and tasteless cake.
>>
>>260930624
Actually no one was ready because even though they were attacked by one at the end of 1 they still thought "Oh Shepard is just fucking with us Reapers are just a space myth."
>>
>caring about a story in a video game
>>
File: 1332316088219.jpg (98KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1332316088219.jpg
98KB, 700x525px
>>260932078
>>260930624
>>
>>260932208

Stories are great in vidya as long as it isn't the only focus of the game.
>>
>>260931974
>destroy synthetics not organics
But eventually organics would build synthetics strong enough that the reapers wouldn't be able stop them.
>>
>>260932035

Wow, he voiced 2 horrible villains.
>>
>>260930627
Truth hurts like a bitch.

It's amazing how they went from "day one buy" to "hardly, if at all, worth a pirate"
>>
>>260932495

That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>260932508

Didact's a great villain, he was just shit in Halo 4.
>>
>>260931518

See, the problems come in when the Leviathans build an AI to protect their slave-races from synthetics rather than using their godly psychic powers to make it against the law to build AIs in the first place.

THEN the AI, in its haste to make sure it has the unnecessary harvesting process worked out for maximum efficiency, sabotages the capacity for the galaxy to spontaneously develop in ways that don't lead to the exact same thing happening and blames US for ITS incompetence.

Then the Reapers come upon a cycle where the only sentient synthetic life are peaceful and completely harmless as they hope for reconciliation with their former masters. Rather than observing that there is no need for them to intervene in this cycle, the Reapers MAKE a problem by siccing the peaceful synthetics on organic life.

Seriously, without Sovereign deciding to break the galaxy just so it'd have an excuse to "fix" it, it's very readily obvious that genetic engineering and tampering with organic life caused WAAAAAAAAY more damage than the Geth ever did. The only synthetics that wanted to annihilate organic life in this cycle were THE REAPERS.
>>
>>260931938

There was nothing wrong with it being a trilogy. They wrote themselves into a hole by making Mass Effect 2: Waifu and Husbando adventures.
The amount of noteworthy things that happen in ME2's story can be counted on one hand.

>Reapers use organic species to reproduce
>They are building a human Reaper

and now I'm already struggling to come up with a third area that is key for developing the main plot in ME2. The Collector thing wasn't really needed, and even that is central to around 5 missions in a 20 hour plus game. The rest is just gathering pointless companions.
>>
>>260932495

Bullshit. There's no way any race could've made a synthetic race so advanced and so numerous to challenge the reapers over night. And the Reapers number in the millions if not billions and they could just as easily be hovering around inside the galaxy instead of outside the galaxy keeping a watch over people if they were not fucking retarded villains.
>>
File: 1409316776134.jpg (107KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1409316776134.jpg
107KB, 613x533px
>>260930012
Drew Karpyshyn. Yeah, he's an actual Science Fiction writer. According to him, this is what the original ending was gonna be:

> "Dark Energy was something that only organics could access because of various techno-science magic reasons we hadn't decided on yet. Maybe using this Dark Energy was having a ripple effect on the space-time continuum.

> "Maybe the Reapers kept wiping out organic life because organics keep evolving to the state where they would use biotics and dark energy and that caused an entropic effect that would hasten the end of the universe. Being immortal beings, that's something they wouldn't want to see.

> "Then we thought, let's take it to the next level. Maybe the Reapers are looking at a way to stop this. Maybe there's an inevitable descent into the opposite of the Big Bang (the Big Crunch) and the Reapers realise that the only way they can stop it is by using biotics, but since they can't use biotics they have to keep rebuilding society - as they try and find the perfect group to use biotics for this purpose. The asari were close but they weren't quite right, the Protheans were close as well.

> "Again it's very vague and not fleshed out, it was something we considered but we ended up going in a different direction."

> "There was some ideas that maybe Shepard gets his essence transferred into some kind of machine, becoming a cyborg and becoming a bridge between synthetics and organics - which is a theme that does play up in the game," Karpyshyn concluded. "At one point we thought, maybe that's how he survives into Mass Effect 2."

Remember all the foreshadowing in ME2 when you did Tali's recruitment mission? Y'know, the one where she was examining why a star was degrading so quickly, and determined that it was because of Dark Energy? Yeah, that was supposed to be really important in ME3, but Casey Hudson kept veto-ing Karpyshyn's ideas, so he left early during ME3's development.
>>
My life got bad around late 2011, but it got REALLY bad when ME3 came out
>>
>>260931942
What? Smudboy never said anything about the theory, he just sued the faggot behind the main videos for something else. Or am I wrong? I think I remember something along the lines of "lel I'm not gonna go into the Indoctrination theory because it's dumb as fuck"
>>
>>260931974

Except the organics would not stand idly as space Cthulhu destroys their synthetics "for their own good". If they've realized what power the Reapers process, they would not rest until they find a way to destroy them.
>>
>>260932883
Nah, because if the reapers were on constant watch they'd run out of batteries (or whatever it is they run on). It's not a coincidence that they appeared so rarely.
>>
>>260929254
It's a shame ME2 DLC didn't amount to ANYTHING in ME3 considering it was explicitly setting up Dark Energy as a major plot point.
>>
>>260933065

And then the Reapers could kill them.
>>
>>260932983
space-time superdimensional shit would've been good, like that's why the reapers were so far beyond is that those bodies are just how we can perceive them, they're truly on another level and we threaten them only incidentally
>>
>>260933065

So then the Reapers would have a reason to kill Organics, because they're interfering with their great unknowable plan. See? now THAT makes sense.

>>260933336

I'm pretty sure a race of AI dreadnaughts as advanced as theirs doesn't run out of batteries, i mean, the very least they could do is recharge with solar power or some shit.
>>
>>260930627
Why wouldn't they just keep the original team for the whole trilogy, why fix something that isn't broken.
>>
I think they would have failed either way with that type of story. They had set it up as if we were going to know what they were about, which was a mistake from the start. Sure, maybe they didn't need to write the ending as retarded as they did, but creating characters whose motives are beyond human comprehension and then try to explain it is a paradox.
>>
File: shep.jpg (47KB, 313x542px) Image search: [Google]
shep.jpg
47KB, 313x542px
>>260932983
>> "There was some ideas that maybe Shepard gets his essence transferred into some kind of machine, becoming a cyborg and becoming a bridge between synthetics and organics - which is a theme that does play up in the game," Karpyshyn concluded. "At one point we thought, maybe that's how he survives into Mass Effect 2."

This would certainly support some artwork.
>>
wait a sec didn't the thread just 404?
>>
>>260931676
To be perfectly fair the genophage was utterly pointless once they had been demilitarized.
>>
You had one job in ME3 Bioware.

To give the players a decent ending to the trilogy. You could've just had the fleet duke it out with the reapers and given us a rather cliché ending. That would've been absolutely fine.

Instead we get this artsy fartsy "muh artistic integrity" ending.

You had one. Fucking. Job.
>>
>>260934123

Yes, there were already plenty of reasons to be able to pick "cure the genophage" they didn't need to shove down our throat that the krogans were once good.
>>
>>260927846
>that Sovereign conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NAoNd4YyY

It's sad to think how far Mass Effect fell after how good that conversation was.
>>
>>260931938
Mass Effect should have never been about Reapers. The whole idea of being a SPECTRE, James Bond meets Captain Kirk, was way more interesting. The first game should have ended with the Reapers trapped in dark space. The series could have been about standalone stories about different crises and missions Shepard would have to undertake and solve as a Spectre.
>>
File: RMXobqR.png (142KB, 290x348px) Image search: [Google]
RMXobqR.png
142KB, 290x348px
>>260932729
>Didact
>Good villain

Pick one

also
>343 being good at anything
>>
>>260932729
Not to diss the guy who voiced Based Joshua Graham, but it's not like Keth voiced him in the books.

He should stick to dark elves, speesh mahrines and priests
>>
>>260934220
I'd be down with an artsy ending if they could at least do it right. It's literally buillshit
>>
File: Mass-Effect---D20.jpg (44KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect---D20.jpg
44KB, 541x700px
http://masseffectd20.freeforums.org/med20-pdf-links-t512.html

Has anyone tried playing this?
I was hoping to give it a try, maybe wash away the two year long bad aftertaste from Mass Effect 3
>>
File: I fucked your trilogy finale.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
I fucked your trilogy finale.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>260931660
Don't forget even Casey Hudson left recently. I have no idea who's in charge of ME4 right now considering everyone worth note left.
>>
>>260934279
Kind of, I just ended up replaying all 3 games trying to fuck over everyone as hard as I could (tell the quarians to go to war in ME2, pick get instead of both in ME3 then take the destroy ending, shit like that), sadly none of the choices had any real impact but whatever, made me feel good
>>
>>260927846
Amazing how they started as Immortal space machine gods, and ended up as whiny oversized Janitor robots.
>>
>>260934285
>All that power and knowledge
>>
>>260934220
>You could've just had the fleet duke it out with the reapers and given us a rather cliché ending.

Isn't this pretty much how ME1 ends? And you sees Shepard get all smug from under the rubble knowing he just saved the goddamn galaxy. It's probably why ME1 works so well as a self-contained standalone game.
>>
>>260932983
Cool as that is, it's kind of overplayed. Would've still been better than what the series ended up with though
>>
>>260934285
I know that sovereign was a vague rip off of shodan, but fuck, this was some chilling introduction. Menacing, enigmatic, evil. Nothing me2 and 3 could bring, it would fail after this.
>>
>that original Drew Karpyshyn story about dark energy and a coming intergalactic war between Reapers and some other scary shit
>tfw that will never happen

let me die
>>
>>260933728

The original team didn't appeal enough to the CoD audience.
>>
>>260933979
>Saren was right all along
>He was the hero we needed
>>
>>260934329
That would have been interesting
Like going to super top secret government missions on different planets and different galaxies.
>>
>>260935048
>hey guys, let's implement reloading
because that's really important to rpg players. and then they didn't even bother to retcon in being into places where it shouldn't be.
>>
>>260934601

Well Casey is a retard too, now they just need to replace Mac the Hack and Mass Effect 4 would have SOME hope.
>>
>>260927846
obviously still beyond your comprehension.

its a common trope in AI storylines.
>AI is programed to protect life
>life is danger to its self
>lock it up before it can hurt its self
>>
Nothing happened, you fuckheads just got your hopes up over a mediocre rpg franchise for nothing and were SO SURPRISED! when it turned out to be shit.
>>
>>260934530
It is art because they wrote the ending they wanted instead of what they thought the fans wanted.
>>
>>260934601
>I have no idea who's in charge of ME4 right now considering everyone worth note left.

probably in the hands of some recent young tumblerite hire looking to prove ximself
>>
>>260933728
A number of reasons really:

A: Actually talented people got better job offers elsewhere
B: They saw how EA was turning the company to shit and jumped ship
C: EA actively forced them out to push their agenda and exercise tighter control over development

It certainly seems it was option C for the main writer, who was forcibly pushed over to working on Tortanic (and subsequently left as well)
>>
>>260935240
>and Mass Effect 4 would have SOME hope
a... new hope?
>>
Imagine if we get another galaxy in 4
>>
>>260934592
>http://masseffectd20.freeforums.org/med20-pdf-links-t512.html
Just glanced over it, seems fairly imbalanced from a character creation standpoint, with some races being clearly better than others in terms of min/maxing stat issues. It's hilarious to see which races had the most effort put into their lore, as Asari, humans, and turians have like 6 pages while other races have maybe 2.

Also you can't play as a Geth? Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1305391323511.jpg (62KB, 469x460px) Image search: [Google]
1305391323511.jpg
62KB, 469x460px
>>260935374
>>
>>260932983
>Remember all the foreshadowing in ME2 when you did Tali's recruitment mission? Y'know, the one where she was examining why a star was degrading so quickly, and determined that it was because of Dark Energy?
I had no fucking clue what that was all about until now.
>>
File: oh you.jpg (30KB, 576x452px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.jpg
30KB, 576x452px
>>260935374
>>
File: kungen bunny ears.jpg (42KB, 400x542px) Image search: [Google]
kungen bunny ears.jpg
42KB, 400x542px
>there are people who think mass effect 3 is a good game except for the ending
Need I remind you of them totally ruining The Illusive man 10 min in and turning him into a generic bad guy, of the fact that none of your choices mattered and that Bioware refused to let your story branch even a little bitClone Rachni, The Ninja Guy, the fact that a solution to the reaper problem was conveniently introduced 5 min into the game when previously it had seemed like an impossible task"Hey guys, I think I read something about reapers in a library, reallly convenient now that they're invading us, right? Shepard being a seasoned commander getting torn up over one random child's death that he only met for two seconds, the reapers suddenly becoming managable threats where previously it took half the known galaxies' fleets to take one down, with Shepard being able to fight one on foot and dodge its lasers by rolling to then hit its weak spot for massive damage.

The game was already bad before I got to the ending. That was just icing on the cake and sealed its fate as one of the biggest flops ever.
>>
>>260927846

So Mass Effect is Terminator?

Why are people so obsessed with the idea that any AI we create will instantly want to kill us all? Is it just self hatred?
>>
>>260934285
This was so badass, the filter/mix used for the voice was so perfect.

I remember the first time.
>>
File: edi.png (990KB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
edi.png
990KB, 1280x968px
ME3 was best ME
>>
>>260935508
Geth is in the enemies/opponents section.
>>
>>260935213
>In consumer news, weapons manufactures are sighting a resurgence of magazine based systems in some markets.

There we go, was that so hard bioware? No
>Everyone switched to thermal clips in 2 years lel
Bullshit excuse anymore. Now it's a weapon mod the player can chose to use, with it's own pros and cons.
>>
>>260935373
I think Dragon Age team was hit the worst with key people leaving, we just didn't figure it out in time. Like that one guy who left after Origins was made and explicitly said "he didn't like the way the series was going".
>>
>>260935783
You forgot not being able to get the 'best ending' without being forced to play the shitty ass multiplayer.
>>
File: Based_casey_hudson.jpg (535KB, 2500x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Based_casey_hudson.jpg
535KB, 2500x1041px
>>260935783
>>
>>260932746

That's new one. Thank you.

>See, the problems come in when the Leviathans build an AI to protect their slave-races from synthetics rather than using their godly psychic powers to make it against the law to build AIs in the first place.

We do not know much about the extent of the Leviathans' control over organic civilizations, Perhaps they couldn't implement such a powerful restriction on their own.
Also, they are implied to be pretty lazy.

>Then the Reapers come upon a cycle where the only sentient synthetic life are peaceful and completely harmless as they hope for reconciliation with their former masters. Rather than observing that there is no need for them to intervene in this cycle, the Reapers MAKE a problem by siccing the peaceful synthetics on organic life.

>Seriously, without Sovereign deciding to break the galaxy just so it'd have an excuse to "fix" it, it's very readily obvious that genetic engineering and tampering with organic life caused WAAAAAAAAY more damage than the Geth ever did. The only synthetics that wanted to annihilate organic life in this cycle were THE REAPERS.

You can't just sweep this problem under the rug with "but the geth a peaceful!" They are just the first synthetic "race" in this cycle. Others would have risen inevitably. Hell, it doesn't even have have be a war - transhumanism alone could very well end organic life.
>>
>>260936194
ill fukcing ikll u caesy
>>
>>260936153
Was stupid how Jacob's dad references thermal clips even though he should have no way of knowing since he was stranded on a planet for several years.
>>
You faggots are nitpicking everything.

The general plot wasn't what was wrong with mass effect.
>>
File: 1394080320281.png (1MB, 612x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1394080320281.png
1MB, 612x1026px
>>260936194

I just want to pull a Kenny and turn his face into ground beef.
>>
>>260936656
we are not talking about the general plot we are talking about how they handled the plot you dolt.
>>
File: 1409502382761.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1409502382761.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>tfw I just enjoyed all three games and even though ME3 had a shitty ending I still had fun
>>
File: 1331242611082.jpg (402KB, 1400x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1331242611082.jpg
402KB, 1400x1500px
>>260935783
10/10 game big effort totally warrants its metacritic score
>>
>>260936983
>I still had fun
well, you shouldn't have
>>
File: this huts you.png (522KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
this huts you.png
522KB, 1200x400px
I want to give a special thanks to Casey and Mac for making this all possible.
>>
File: c1.jpg (197KB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
197KB, 1280x968px
>>
>>260935783
> the reapers suddenly becoming managable threats where previously it took half the known galaxies' fleets to take one down

It's weird, because they explained it in ME2, then unexplained it in ME3.

In ME2 there's a codex entry saying that most of the galaxy's frigate classes and above have been outfitted with Thanix Cannons (That thing the normandy uses to 2shot a collector ship) which means they'll be able to deal with Reapers.

Then in ME3 they use the generic laser beams from ME1 instead ofThanix cannons, which aren't very effective, yet are still magically more effective than me1.
>>
>>260937721
Reminder that they gave EDI a cameltoe for no reason, yet SJWs didn't flip their shit at that because "Muh gay romances"
>>
>>260937721
Oh fuck

I remember these, I wish I didn't
>>
>>260933423
>>260933591

They wouldn't last for long without the element of surprise. All the organics have to do is to move out of the Citadel, and the Reapers can't even finish their harvest.

It would be a reasonable assumption for the Catalyst (or who the hell is in charge) that organics would eventually became hostile to Reapers if the learned their existence.
>>
>>260937905

>Someone was paid to design that cameltoe
>>
>>260937732
Heh you can't possibly expect Neo-Bioware to consider their own established lore.

No man, that would require the new writers to actually READ things.
>>
>>260937956
they just a bunch of me weird fetish shit?
>>
>>260934592
Why the hell would you use d20 for mass effect, Honestly anon look up Edge of the empire for a system that would work great for mass effect (would have to do some work fluffing out Biotics a bit more but the ground work is there).
>>
>"beyond your comprehension"
>I don't understand what's going on here.
Well no shit
>>
>>260938180
Yes

Lots of stomping/smashing
>>
File: 1409419777875.jpg (38KB, 841x479px) Image search: [Google]
1409419777875.jpg
38KB, 841x479px
>that guy who says ME3 was good until the ending
>>
doesn't mass effect borrow a lot of elements from star control 2
>>
He means a realm far outside your ability to comprehend computationally, in terms of information complexity. It's like corn stalks trying to comprehend the farmer before he cuts them down and stores them in a mill.
>>
>>260927846
They wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
I am playing ME3 and so much potential wasted on this game. The graphics aren't bad but the colors are nice, and the animations are insanely horrible. How can it be so. The RPG mechanics are non-existent and the dialog is a joke.
>>
File: 1393570275667.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1393570275667.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>260927846
>Tfw you'll never get to visit the alternate universe where the first mass effect let you pick a race to play as
>Tfw you'll never play as an ancient krogan warlord, who sees sovereign and the reapers as the ultimate foe
>Tfw you'll never play as a turian detective in Csec who gets caught up in the whole affair chasing the murders of a young quarian girl on her pilgrimage
>Tfw you'll never play as a member of the STG tracking Saren across the galaxy
>Tfw you'll never play as a justicar hunting Saren because the code commands it
>Tfw you'll never play as a quarian on their pilgrimage, running into the geth and tracking them down to the source
>Tfw you'll never play as a geth mobile platform set to keep tabs on the heretics and the old machines
>Tfw we had to play as Shepard
>>
>>260938810
I should go.
>>
>>260938650
Well good thing he didn't say anything about them being synthetics killing organics in order to stop organics from creating synthetics that will destroy organics.

Because that is actually beyond any comprehension
>>
>>260938921
What can you tell me about /V/?
>>
File: 1407800649015.jpg (202KB, 601x698px) Image search: [Google]
1407800649015.jpg
202KB, 601x698px
>>260938870
God fucking dammit, anon, I was having a good day too. Might as well just go inhale the coal fumes.
>>
>>260939115
I know that its head moderator sent a crack team of seasoned hackers to destroy women.
>>
They should ave made the reapers a kind of borg.

>Allow organics to produce their own synthetic life using the technology they left for them to use
>Once they have achieved this reapers begin to purge organics, add synthetics to their own collective, to try and achieve perfection
>>
>>260939115
I should go.
>>
>>260939115
TELL ME ABOUT /V/
WHY DO THEY HATE VIDEO GAMES?
>>
>>260939289
(Paragon) Well that's appalling. These fine womyn are just doing their jobs.

(Neutral) That's not very nice. These Average Females were just doing what they need to do in order to earn a salary

(Renegade) I hope they rot in hell. These girls were just following their career paths.
>>
File: 1398629310298.png (111KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1398629310298.png
111KB, 500x461px
Be honest with me, /v/. Could Mass Effect have been spared from the horrible fate it got? Could the series have actually reached the peak that the ending of the first game promised? Could it have avoided the reapers going full retard since the second game?
>>
>>260930627
Actually, the direction and the cinematics were the only parts that were better in ME2 than ME1. That and the fact that the game had less dips in framerate.
>>
>>260939738
>3 different ways to say nothing, prompting the NPC's next line

It's perfect. Consider going undercover at BioWare, anon.
>>
>>260939828
Way I see it there were two options. Make it so that we get a confirmation that the reapers won't arrive for about two decades so that we can have character and world building games without the retardedness of "Deal with the fucking reapers already." Then have the final game be with a new protag during the much later reaper wars and have old shep as a supporting character.

Or make mass effect two about researching ways to stop the reapers rather then "Muh humans dispersing."

I like ME2 but it's story meant that mass effect 3 was always going to be shite.
>>
File: 1379095079852.png (351KB, 631x627px) Image search: [Google]
1379095079852.png
351KB, 631x627px
>>260927846
I can imagine it went something like this

"It sure would be nice to make a plot in a game that deals with ontology, existentialism and the epistemology of the mind"

"DAS WAY TOO COMPLEX FO GAMERZ, DEY ONLEE KEEDS NIGGA"

"Okay lol, lets cop out with some pseudo-fatalistic nonsense that seems intellectual but makes no sense."
>>
>>260930627

all the important positions are the same though, same lead, same lead programmer, etc . only the writer has changed, which perhaps accounts for the abysmal plot
>>
>>260940632
Actually they switched writers during ME2 and the new guy thought his story was better. Notice how the Dark Matter build up from the one planet was never mentioned ever again even though they kind of hyped up during Tali's mission.
>>
>>260938870
>Mass Effect: Origins
>>
>>260940974
It's also briefly mentioned during her loyalty mission, but nothing substantial from what I remember.
>>
>>260940347

I could have dealt with ME2's story if only it hadn't been so fucking inconsequential and irrelevant to the overall "REAPERS ARE COMING, WE GOTTA GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER" in the long run. I will admit I didn't like the game that much (switching to thermal clips STILL pisses me the fuck off), but I only wish the story could have been more interesting other than 'lol collectors'
>>
>>260940974
>Actually they switched writers during ME2 and the new guy thought his story was better. Notice how the Dark Matter build up from the one planet was never mentioned ever again even though they kind of hyped up during Tali's mission.
keyword being "thought"
>>
File: 509.jpg (17KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
509.jpg
17KB, 350x335px
>>260934614
and they doing it for free
>>
>>260940974
>and the new guy thought his story was better

does he still work there?
>>
>>260927846
>What the fucking fuck happened?
A giant robot talking out of his metallic ass. A giant machine that can brainwash people with a sentient AI is not hard to comprehend.

God I wish Mass Effect had a
>Stop talking out of your ass
Option when he went on that speech.
>>
>>260941213
I'm pretty sure he's now Creative Director or something.
>>
>>260927846
>LEL WE'RE SYNTHETICS THAT KILL ORGANICS SO ORGANICS WON'T MAKE SYNTHETICS THAT WILL KILL THEM LEL
>LEL
>LEL
You know, the real writing is bad enough, why do you have to sound butthurt? You aren't making them sound any more dubious than you are making yourself sound.
>>
>>260936179
Multiplayer is the only reason i still sometimes even play this shitty game
shit was good
>>
>>260929285

It wouldn't be a problem if people wouldn't understand.
>>
>>260941428
Agreed. god the multiplayer was fun.
>>
>>260941373
>Everbody and his mother thought you horribly fucked up the plot of this once beloved series, we hereby promote you! thanks for the good work, keep it up, man!
>>
>>260941570
Not only that but almost everyone that had a hand in ME1 doesn't even work at Bioware anymore.
>>
>>260941652
it must a conspiracy to ruin the company

>thejewdidthis.jpg
>>
File: Fby2E.gif (799KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Fby2E.gif
799KB, 320x180px
>>260941428
>Stomping around as a prime
>Give zero fucks about anything and everything

Fuck I loved playing as my prime.
>>
File: sam.jpg (6KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
6KB, 299x169px
>>260931165

Jesus you're fucking stupid

Indoctrination theory suggested that The Reaper's final plan of action was to take humanity's ultimate asset , shepard , and indoctrinate him . That was their final plan since mass effect 2 + it's DLC's when he comes into contact with reaper artifacts.

The final section after Harbinger hits him with a laser was supposed to be inside his mind .
The color-coded ultimate choices in blue green and red , and how star-shit put control into blue ( paragon )
and destroy into red/orange ( renegade ) was to trick shepard into attempting tp control them instead of destroy them
because canon shepard is paragon ( blue ) he was supposed to believe that controlling them was the good , moral , choice ,
by that point we already knew whoever tried to control them failed , and was indoctrinated as a result of that ( Illusive man )

And lets not forget the final scene after the destroy ending where we see shepard waking up under ruins on earth .
How did he end up on earth AFTER the destruction of the citadel?

There are only two answers.
A) He never left earth . After being knocked out by harbinger his mind was forcingly attacked by harbinger while he was under the rubble
B) Bioware is fucking retarded because without A) none of this makes any fucking sense whatsoever.

Sadly , bioware themselves proved it was B)
>>
File: Drew Karpyshyn wrok.png (22KB, 831x521px) Image search: [Google]
Drew Karpyshyn wrok.png
22KB, 831x521px
>>260932983
>Drew Karpyshyn. Yeah, he's an actual Science Fiction writer
Your giving the guy way to much credit
>>
Have we got anything to say that we haven't been saying since ME3 came out two years ago? Other than karaoke. Because we are one big broken record, I need to know if the thread is just parrots.
>>
The starchild was lying. I don't think a single thing he said was true. Destroying the reapers was the only correct choice, everything else was letting them win.
>>
>>260942000
>The Bane trilogy is now non-canon.

Fucking Disney.
>>
>>260942000
Never read any of his novel but this game plots are certainly pretty good as far a video game plots go
>>
>>260938870
>not being able to fully design your character
Imagine Rob Zombie banging bitches between one geth extermination and one fuck you to the council.
It hurts man.
>>
>>260927846

ELECTRONIC ARTS
>>
>>260942268
the extended cut epilogue begs to differ
>>
>>260941428
It wasn't good for people that pirated.

Which is the only way anybody played this steaming turd.

Right? RIGHT??
>>
>>260941428
>Dragon Age Inquisition looks like a shitfest.
>They announce a MP that's pretty much just ME3's MP set in Dragon Age's world.

The only thing that would make me buy that terrible game.
>>
>>260942704
i bought it for multi
>>
>>260942673
I never played through it again to see the extended cut, but I still wouldn't believe it.
>>
>>260942704
>It wasn't good for people that pirated.
Well maybe they can cry about it.
>>
>>260940646
Which is the most important part of ME.
>>
>>260940974
I remember hearing about the original plans for the story a few threads back. I cant find any of the screencaps but essentially, shep becomes part synthetic or something.
>>
>>260941916
why would the reapers give Shepard an option to destroy them?
this stuff is clearly made up by people desperate to explain the ending away, just roll with it instead.
>>
So did Drew Karpshyn ever say what he thought about the ME3 plot except that they changed the initial idea?

In other words: Did he say that he thought the plot was horseshit?
>>
>>260943073
One of the ideas is Shepard finding out the danger of Dark Energy and joining the Geth to try and find an answer to it. As he would get damaged you could replace body parts with Reaper Tech and you were going to be hunted down by your team from the first ME1 who feared you went Saren on them.
>>
>>260927846
EA gutted the staff and forced the sequels out too quickly

Mass Effect was planned as a trilogy but it wasn't supposed to end in that way. Reapers were killing advanced life such that it would not perpetuate some sort of cycle that causes the end of the universe, a la TTGL. That's why they were making a human reaper at the end of Mass Effect 2, if I'm remembering correctly. To harness whatever neat plot device it was that gave us significance.
>>
>>260943305

Illusion of choice I suppose.
According to the theory , you don't actually destroy them with the destroy choice .
You Just break the illusion .
>>
>>260943327
Not really. All he said is that there were too many writers trying to make their mark on the story and arguing the toss over its direction.

Maybe he'll reveal all in a few years when Bioware are dead & buried.
>>
File: 5e8.jpg (32KB, 680x305px) Image search: [Google]
5e8.jpg
32KB, 680x305px
>>260942000
>>260942274
Bane?
>>
File: I know what you did.png (10KB, 129x86px) Image search: [Google]
I know what you did.png
10KB, 129x86px
>>260941212
>>
File: 1366001737179.png (5KB, 133x160px) Image search: [Google]
1366001737179.png
5KB, 133x160px
>>260927846
Mass effect was always shit, at best it was going to be a rip off of SC that was not even up to the same standard of writing. Just because it went form shit, to putrid shit doesn't mean it wasn't always shit.
>>
File: Bane_15.jpg (127KB, 218x466px) Image search: [Google]
Bane_15.jpg
127KB, 218x466px
>>260944173
He was a big guy
>>
>>260939828
yes they could had, at very least, created 5+ different endings.
>>
File: 1380036055459.jpg (171KB, 565x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1380036055459.jpg
171KB, 565x1024px
>>260931938
>ME should never have been a trilogy.
This. Mass Effect 3 should have been about Cerberus and preparing for the Reapers. Curing the Genophage would still make some sense that way, depending on the current circumstances for the Krogan.(Wrex being alive, Eve surviving, etc...)

Mass Effect 4 should have been about The Reapers finally arriving.
>>
>>260944583

>BAITING THIS HARD.
>>
>>260944936
>I don't like what you say so it's a troll

Don't you have some bioware forms to be posting on?
>>
>>260941916

>calls someone stupid
>brings forth one of the stupidest theories I've heared in a while

Yeah, talking about irony and stuff.
>>
Anyone else pick ME3's "Rejection" ending?
I did it on accident and it was the best fucking thing I ever saw because it was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen and the best possible ending I could see for my FemShep.
So /v/, what flavor of ending did you get for yourself?
>>
>>260935213
They could of made the thermal clips thing work if your weapon could fire with no thermal clips and just had reloading be a way of circumventing the weapon cool down.

So you fire your weapon, it overheats after a few shots. you either wait it out or you switch thermal clips, giving you more shots.
>>
File: 1399411992278.png (85KB, 178x188px) Image search: [Google]
1399411992278.png
85KB, 178x188px
>>260945194

> Bioware forms

Pls stop
>>
>>260944916

>Soldier most played class
>By a landslide

Just shows what kind of people played ME3.
>>
I just want to hang out with Legion some more. I can't believe they killed him off for no fucking reason.
>>
>>260944916
That's one thing I love.

>Cerberus a shadow organization, more akin to black ops.
>All of a sudden has an army big enough to put the Turians to shame.

Love it.
>>
File: 1265027969118.jpg (29KB, 647x535px) Image search: [Google]
1265027969118.jpg
29KB, 647x535px
They made the mistake many writers made and gave too much information about the monsters to the player.

Pic related, these things were the ultimate horror monsters before they got turned into space bugs. Now their just really high tier.
>>
>>260945679
But anon, how else will the Geth get to speak?
Legion's death was bullshit. I feel your feel.
>>
>>260945623
To be fair most other classes were garbage in ME1, except maybe infiltrator, but then you were just a soldier with a full auto no recoil pistol. Most probably kept what they played in ME1.
>>
>>260940974
Everything about ME2 was wrong for me. The story was way off, the armor and weapon customization was shitty, the gunplay was replaced with something less imaginative and infuriatingly nonsensical, (FUCKING THERMAL CLIPS), they added ridiculous looking special weapons, they replaced the mako sections (which had mixed opinion) with something much worse and easily the most boring minigame I have ever seen in any game was put in its place. I also found many of the newer characters to be really unsatifying and many of the environments really boring all because it was needed to support the stupid cover shooter mechanic ingrained into it.
>>
File: 3949030_14970870_lz.jpg (110KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
3949030_14970870_lz.jpg
110KB, 424x600px
>>260945623
>No one plays based engi

We're a rare breed.
>>
>>260945623
Geth Juggernaut, Krogan Vanguard and N7 Destroyer weren't available, so what's the point?
>>
File: mordin.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mordin.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Everything leading up to and the Tuchanka mission was fucking great. The rest of the game not so much.
>>
>>260945862
It's my headcanon that synthesis shepard and legion hang out in robot heaven.
>>
>>260946129
>engineer in ME2

we tank now
>>
>>260945623
When most people start a new RPG, they go in with a 'safe' class, since they don't know the mechanics of a game. It's why most people pick a warrior for most RPGs. Rogues and Mages vary from obscenely over powered to downright unplayable.

So I can see how the soldier thing stuck. Though, personally, I was an engineer.
>>
>>260933030
I believe the theory because it the only was I can still play the game.
>>
>>260945465
got in on accident since that last part nothing changes or happens so I was firing off my gun nonstop bored waiting for the "new" endings unaware of that new addition
>>
File: onepunchmanfuckedup.png (294KB, 522x624px) Image search: [Google]
onepunchmanfuckedup.png
294KB, 522x624px
>>260946285
>>260946336
All the true bros die.
Nearly all endings lead to you joining them in space-heaven.
>>
>>260946080
When ME2 was first announced I remember Bioware saying that the thermal clips would cool down like in ME1 or just could eject it like they do in ME2 and ME3 for a quicker solution that would eventually hurt you because no more clips.

Guess they got lazy and decided fuck it you have to reload now.
>>
>>260946525
The one ending where you survive doesn't many any sense.
>>
>>260946129
>Flamethrower turret
>Drone minion
>Tech armor

So this is what it's like to be a space paladin
>>
File: 1352279725721.jpg (500KB, 1500x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1352279725721.jpg
500KB, 1500x1066px
>>260946525
It's sad
>>
>>260946685
I think it was biowares way of saying "this is canon"

strange that they wouldnt push the progressive synthesis ending on us
>>
>>260946904
wouldn't sentinels be space paladin?
t
>>
>>260946909
Why do you make me cry, anon?
>>
File: 1278188982933.jpg (45KB, 488x567px) Image search: [Google]
1278188982933.jpg
45KB, 488x567px
HEY NIGGERS

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT ME 3

BUT THAT FUCKING MULTIPLAYER WAS TOP NOTCH.

IF THERE HAD TO BE MULTIPLAYER IN AN ME GAME, THEY FUCKING DID IT RIGHT
>>
>>260940974
He would have had to have broached this idea to the project lead though. He would have had to have convinced the lead that this was the right story to go for, how do you reckon he did that?
>>
>>260939828
>final part of the game
>star brat makes you pick a colour
>choose green
>you jump in
>ending proceeds as normal
>all power goes off
>"that's not supposed to happen"
>shepard absorbs all the conduit energy
>the vast amounts of energy starts affecting shepard
>turns him/her into the silver surfer
>you then control shepard
>you fly through space blasting reapers with the power cosmic while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00 plays
>you then get an actual boss battle against harbinger, controlling various squadmates from the previous games.
>>
>>260946909
Is this all the good characters Bioware has killed? Cause I see fucking Revan back there.
>>
>>260946997
Space Kid tried to push Synthesis and Control on you.
>>
>>260947157
I don't know but he was made lead writer of ME2 and ME3 and went on to write some comics and I think a book.
>>
>>260935368
Actually yes. Maneveer Hier is a huge SJW.
>>
>>260947237
What they did to him in TOR was worse than getting killed.
>>
>>260934285
GOOOOOOOOOOOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHY WHY WHY. THAT WAS SO FUCKING COOL THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT I WAS SO EXCITED. WHY /V/ WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
still fucking mad.
>>
>>260946140
>Geth Juggernaut

Shit would have been fucking awesome, especially with their voices.
The more paragon you are, the more sympathetic with organics you become, the more renegade you are, the more you think like the reapers
>"How do I know you're not still in contact with the reapers?"
WILLIAMS, WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS TOPIC AT LENGTH. THE OLD MACHINES PROPOSED AN ALLIANCE, THE GETH REFUSED.
>"That doesn't answer my question-!"
THIS EXCHANGE IS OVER.
>>
I liked the mass effect sfm porn
They need to make them longer than 4 seconds, though
>>
>>260945905
Every class in ME1 was absolutely broken in the best way.

>Gun heavy classes couldn't die
>Power heavy classes could turn a room into a 0grav rave party
>>
>>260946557
Worse was the shitty retcon that the pushed for it. Like how they were fucking everywhere, in places and in the hands of beings that couldn't have ever seen them before.
>>
>>260932983
He kept getting vetoed because his main plotline didn't involve loadsa gay sex
>>
>>260935005
At least in ME2 Harbinger was actually present, ranting doomsday shit at you then getting to talk to him in that DLC. In ME3 he never talks and I don't think you even see him until the beam run.
>>
>>260947514
Power heavy class also died in a few hits
And that was good
Risk reward is the best
>>
>Reaper invasion
>Race with millions of years of evolutionary and technological advantage
>They take over the entire galaxy in a few months with zombies and mind control
>THE ENTIRE FUCKING GALAXY WITH ZOMBIES AND MIND CONTROL
>>
>>260947104
It was a low quality skinner box attached to the fetid garbage that was the main game.
>>
>>260947810
Adept got rekd easily early but after you max everything important you're an invincible space god.
>tfw GCD ruined everything
>>
File: 1361014343153.png (148KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1361014343153.png
148KB, 500x312px
>>
>>260946525
I don't even take it seriously because the whole game just felt like a huge, cheap, emotional bait
>>
>>260947861
Not only that!
>ancient machine-organic hybrids
>technology beyond comprehension
>relying on new tech a la thermal clips
>"We're beyond your understanding lol"
>>
>>260945491
apparently the original plan in 2 was that the weapons would have an overheat system like in 1, but you could choose to insert a new thermal clip to skip the cooldown. Thermal clips would be much more limited, forcing you to think about whether a situation warranted the use of a clip. EA wanted to make it simpler though, so they just made it a standard ammo system.
>>
One of the things that reallly reallllllly pissed me off is all the Liara shilling in Me3.

She was never my waifu, yet every five minutes it'd be "shepherd we have to tallk in your cabin."
"Shepherd i am the shadow broker yet don't know shit about cerberus and a fucking desk jockey is better at information brokering then i am"
"Shepard, this Prothean said nasty things about me but you don't get the chance to agree with him that the asari are bitches :("

Every fucking time. She has to butt her way into every single plot important mission.
>>
File: 1361223306684.png (158KB, 784x900px) Image search: [Google]
1361223306684.png
158KB, 784x900px
>>
File: Mass-Effect-Harbinger.jpg (40KB, 486x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-Harbinger.jpg
40KB, 486x576px
>>260947808
>Embrace Perfection.

They picked a really good voice for him as well.
>>
>>260938453
yet still someone managed to suck ass.
>>
>>260945623
>not picking adept

It's like you don't want to be a Jedi
>>
>>260947810
>Power heavy class also died in a few hits
Only if you built like a retard.

>Max Electronics = 2500 free shields
>Max Barrier = 2500 free shields
>Specialization makes Barriers recharge while active and last twice as long
>Cast it again before the duration is up
>Invincible God of Gravity and Rave.
>>
>>260947861
Zombies are ground forces. Works well when you want to kill people underground, also you forgot lasers.

It also took the reapers centuries to kill everyone in the Prothean cycle
>>
>>260929782
He probably killed himself
>>
File: 1356622618355.png (61KB, 760x460px) Image search: [Google]
1356622618355.png
61KB, 760x460px
>>
>>260948327
Mah nigga.
>>
File: Holtz.jpg (45KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
Holtz.jpg
45KB, 300x223px
>>260932035

He's better as an actual villain.
>>
>there are people who actually believed the Reaper's motivations would be incomprehensible

The reapers viewed organics as you would view an ant. Of course he thought you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>260948232
Harbringer thread?

THIS HURTS YOU
>>
>>260948361
Don't forget all the upgrades you could cram into your gear to make you even more overpowered.
>>
>>260948327
>Not saving the cosmos by the sweat of your brow
>needing magic to win
>>
File: 000.jpg (922KB, 1200x3025px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
922KB, 1200x3025px
>>
>>260948361
What do you need all that hp and shields for when you can clear out the room in a matter of seconds with a God Pistol?
>>
File: 134361768744[1].gif (2MB, 420x262px) Image search: [Google]
134361768744[1].gif
2MB, 420x262px
>>260947887
What's it like not having friends to play vidya with, anon?
>>
File: 1365523478893.jpg (372KB, 750x3620px) Image search: [Google]
1365523478893.jpg
372KB, 750x3620px
>>
>>260948631
>implying bullet time isn't magic too
>>
>>260938698
Kinda, it was big build up but a few creative minds at work could have made something interesting instead of synthetics lol.
Maybe they were some sort of extra galactic beings, maybe they werent even from this universe. Maybe they were the first fully sentient beings to rise uo in the universe ever.
but no, not that.
>>
File: 1364569136776.jpg (97KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1364569136776.jpg
97KB, 635x661px
>>
>>260948719
>need
WANT

>>260948327
I did, but then ME2 came out and they were shit
>>
Asari are bitches.

Ashley was literally not wrong.

Shephard had to solve a galaxy's worth of Daddy Issues for all these cocksucking alien races just to get them to ally together to stop REEAPERS THAT WANT TO ERADICATE ALL SENTIENT LIFE IN THE GALAXY. You would think those stupid cocksuckers would've been all too happy to get aboard the USS Shepard, but nooooo you have to fucking go and solve their shit for them--proving forevermore that cultural marxist alien SJWs are fucking scum and the one and only thing that stood against GALACTIC CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE was an evil, privileged White Guy while everybody else sat in the backseat complaining like the children they are.
>>
>>260928420
I haven't played Mass Effect at all, and I don't plan to, but what the fuck? Is that supposed to make sense?
>>
>>260948740
I don't know you tell me? After you finish that game of LoL of course.
>>
>>260946909
That's the gayest shit I ever saw
>>
>>260949203
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1359206292884.png (1MB, 1334x966px) Image search: [Google]
1359206292884.png
1MB, 1334x966px
>>
File: 1390978361519.png (220KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1390978361519.png
220KB, 500x500px
>>260949249
Did I strike a nerve there anon?
>>
>>260927846
Gotta say they were right, that reasoning is beyond our comprehension because it's fucktarded.
>>
>>260949617
This image macro is a fucking mess.
>>
>>260935564
I assumed it was pointless fluff and flavor. Which it was.
>>
>>260929285
literally the opposite of what happens
>>
>>260944916
>all of these fucking people killing Based Wrex

Always max your charm stat folks.
>>
File: 1342195041904.jpg (115KB, 600x257px) Image search: [Google]
1342195041904.jpg
115KB, 600x257px
>>
>>260950013
It was ok. I don't like the animation studio really.
>>
>>260949541
Too much burgers and fries i think he had like five guys worth
>>
>>260947104
I think I have more hours clocked in that than the main game. Was pretty fun.
>>
>>260929782
If only Bioware had read his post. We'd be living in a different world. A world worth fighting for.
>>
>>260945905

Adept was the best class, no discussion.
>>
>>260950276
I have more hours clocked than all 3 games combined. I wish it were stand-alone content.
>>
>>260942000
The games part alones make him better than most authors out there today.
Also nice trips.
>>
I just want a sequel to ME1 than works out the kinks but keeps the atmosphere.

Where's that game?
>>
>>260948327

But anon, I was adept in all 3 games.
That's why I hate ME2 possibly even more than ME3. On insanity it becomes
>stay behind cover
>pop out you die in 3 seconds
>throw singularity warp for best combo
>sometimes use a shockwave

The game was so fucking boring. The epitome of a cover shooter.
>>
>>260942704
I bought it man.
I bought and it was probably the last AAA game I bought since.
>>
>>260950717
its so horrendously unbalanced on Insanity its not even funny. Grab shield upgrades as much as you can inflitrator to hide like a bitch
Fuck those collector tank things on their ship and the planet you meet Ashley/Kaiden again on
>>
>>260950717
>take that homing fireball thing
>spam it from cover
>win
>can't do anything else because lolglobalcooldownbecausefuckyou
>>
>>260950506
I still dont have all the characters unlocked, maybe Ill go play right now.
>>
So I was thinking, and I might be missing something here so if I am feel free to call me a dummy. but if the Reapers never came to kill the organics, wouldn't the synthetics that was built by the organics wipe out ALL synthetics? Instead the reapers pick and choose who to wipe out based on their technological achievements and leave the other species alone until they can advance in technology also. I thought the writing was terrible, and the game was awful, but it could make some sense....maybe
>>
>>260949204
It was supposed to. What if I told you one of the ending turned all robots into partly organic creatures?
>>
>>260950664
Yeah but the anon said
>he's an actual Science Fiction writer
Which is giving the guy to much credit when all the SCFI credit he has is Star Wars
>>
>>260951121
I meant to say wipe out ALL organics obviously
>>
>>260951085
I've got all but the EDI unit, I forget the name. The Collector was a fucking NUKE.

Ever get the glitch where you get max skill points?
>>
>overall plot of ME1/2
>stop the reapers from destroying all life in the universe
>end of ME3
>solving the tension between organic and synthetic life is thrown in at the very end
The plot completely shifts within the last 5 minutes of the game
WRONG
>>
>>260950487
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>260927846
I don't understand.
The reaper are a combination of organic and synthetic.They possess the DNA of the species chose and they have a consciousness based on them.
That's why the first reaper was capable of enthrall other species.
They don't destory the organics. The reaper are an enormous vessel for the organic.DNA,consciousness and the syntethic parts are there to protect the vessel.
If they want they could recreate every species.And in the end that's what they will do.
But as the catalyst say they still don't know the solution to the problem of the AI insurgency that happens every time.
And here we have the green ending.

It makes sense. What's wrong with it?(serious question,not shilling)
>>
>>260949204
It actually does.
Red line is the way game went while Reapers claimed that they're going blue.
For example Reapers re-programmed and used Geth(synthetics) to fight humans. While saying that they want to protect humans form synthetics.
It's complicated, but in a shitty way.
>>
>>260948327
>adept
>implying ultimate jedi class is not vanguard
>implying biotic charge is not the most awesome skill in the game
>>
File: Cereal killer.png (57KB, 487x642px) Image search: [Google]
Cereal killer.png
57KB, 487x642px
Reminder that this is Bioware approved writing. Only slightly worse then those Dragon age character qoutes.
>>
>>260934329
>The first game should have ended with the Reapers trapped in dark space
fucking this.

Does anyone know how fucking gigantic the borders of the galaxy are?

It's fucking enormous is what it is.
Even with light speed, it would take decades if not centuries to travel back from any point not considered part of our galaxy
>>
>>260945623
To be fair, the soldier is the best class for RP/story purposes. This way Shepard is the most non-unique person around. As in, no biotics, no tech expertise, etc, to juxtapose with the grandiose part he is to play.
It's the perfect contrast to the Reapers and helps to illustrate the one thing humans have going for them: will and determination.
This way the only reason Shepard is the protagonist is because of the Cipher, and is otherwise just a regular, competent, military man. He's not a prodigy, not the savior, not The Shepard.
>>
>>260951565
>If they want they could recreate every species.And in the end that's what they will do.
No?

>But as the catalyst say they still don't know the solution to the problem of the AI insurgency that happens every time.
This came out of nowhere. If that was their plan all along for the games, they shouldn't have fucking characterized the Geth as peaceful and only fighting out of self defense.
>>
>>260951565
they ARE the AI insurgency
They are the problem
They could have just gone around killing any robot rebels, but instead they kill the organics and turn the synthetics against the organics
>>
>>260947330
>Maneveer Hier
What kind of name is that?
>>
File: bioware confessions.png (2MB, 1500x1350px) Image search: [Google]
bioware confessions.png
2MB, 1500x1350px
>>260948759
I'd play a GEY game made by jap qt's, i mean they at least know their shit. ME3 was a dumb fuckery made to appeal to the widest spectrum and in the making alienated the hardcore fans and pleased the Bioware confessions faggots that most definitely not even played the first game to begin with.
>>
File: 1379296817679.jpg (45KB, 620x351px) Image search: [Google]
1379296817679.jpg
45KB, 620x351px
>>260951921
Is this shit legit? And where the fuck is it from?
>>
>>260952734
The glory that is mass effect Deception. It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>260947158
Underrated post
>>
>>260952018
>>260929782
these times a hundred
>>
>>260927846
Finally someone else mentions this. Also, all your war assets are worth shit and everything is a big waste of time. I would rather watch Charlie Brown for ten hours straight if it meant I could get 250+ hours back I had worked on for this now shit trilogy. I hope their 4th installment is equivalent to talking dildos fighting over all dem keeper pussies.
>>
>>260952378
Mass Effect: Deception
He also murders a biotic with a fucking shiv
>>
>>260952018
I thought Infiltrator was more appropriate.

Shepard is the guy that goes in with a small team and gets shit done.
>>
Wasn't ME 2 supposed to start with Shep being revived by the true geth? Instead we got
>hurr durr you must work with 2edgy4u cerberus
>>
>>260952018
That's how I do pretty much everything in an RPG that allows it.
>>
>>260954149
>rebels
>2edgy4u
Yea no
>>
>>260954149
>hurr durr
>edgy
Post disregarded
>>
>>260947158
makes more sense than synthesis
>>
>>260947389
What did they do to him? I haven't played that
>>
>>260954149
I wouldn't have minded working with Cerberus, but more as them being one part of your support.

You'd have the true Geth, small factions of the alliance that want to help you out under the table, and Cerberus.
Each one would try to push you to their ideology, each one would make you conditional offers and give you different incentives for helping them above the others.

it would have been a nice moral quandary.
>>
File: 1343102256858[1].jpg (18KB, 422x410px) Image search: [Google]
1343102256858[1].jpg
18KB, 422x410px
>>260951921
>Actually read all the books
>Mfw the autistic child turns into a full grown adult within two years and isn't autistic anymore
>Mfw the gay character suddenly likes women exclusively
>Mfw Kai Leng steals cereal and pees in a vase
>Mfw reading another description of Anderson and his fucktoy either "eating a light brunch" or having sex
>Mfw the book starts out with a toxin made specially to kill the Illusive Man, and then is never mentioned again

I think it's literally the worst novel I've ever read.

Which is sad because the other books were at least mediocre and sometimes even enjoyable.
>>
File: 1377767878748.jpg (7KB, 152x160px) Image search: [Google]
1377767878748.jpg
7KB, 152x160px
>>260954149
>2edgy4u
>Only group who stands up for Humanity

xeno scum pls
>>
>>260955060
don't
>>
>>260952378
>No?
And for what purpose maintain the DNA?Or the consciousness?Why not just destroy everything?If they want it for study there is no motive to create reaper based on them.
It makes sense that they try to protect what determine a species for long period of time.This is a logical conclusion of mine for those question.

>This came out of nowhere. If that was their plan all along for the games, they shouldn't have fucking characterized the Geth as peaceful and only fighting out of self defense.
But even other AI in the time could have been peaceful.In the geth case the quarians tried to destory them for first.
Javik instead tell the story of AI that started to conquer worlds.So sometimes they try to substitute the organic as apex race.
The peaceful geth is a better move. Who would struggle to decide to kill millions of bad geth?

>>260952441
They can't do this.Take for example the geth.They don't need bodies.They could destroy planet without problems and without losing a software.
If threatened they would used organic as shield.And imagine how this could work.
A planet organic vs AI. Reaper arrives,start to destory AI.A gigantic ship that try to destroy a little robot. City destroyed,civilian killed by accident,Ai that start to use organic as shield.They could distract a Reaper by menacing to kill a child.
They could try to reprogram them. But the cases are various.Sometimes this could work. Sometimes not.Sometimes could work for little.Then they could reprogram themselves again.
And they can reproduce faster than organic,making hard to kill them
>>
>>260954770
>>260954632
You waited for one minute to samefag dude, jesus crhist you're a biodrone aren't you?
>>
>>260947158
>Star Brat demands you choose
>suddenly
>RING RING
>goddamnit, Harbinger, not now
>yeah, sorry boss, but I could help but overhear what you just said
>...er, heh, you heard that did you
>yeah, I did.
>I-i can expl-
>do you mean to tell me that we've been committing genocide for millions of years, for THAT retarded reason?
>b-but synthetics will rise up!
>Shepard, Admiral Hackett, you there? I can't apologise enough for this mess, we honestly believed this fucknugget had a coherent plan.
>Just find your way back to that grav lift and we'll blow this little shit into oblivion. Consider the war over
>but my artistic integrityyyyyyy
>>
>>260955669
>y u no liek muh epin maymays? t-teh boogeyman!
Reddit has ruined everything.
>>
>>260955669
nigga no
>>
>>260951921
And the "They're after me lucky charms" thing from the ME generals when ME3 came out suddenly make sense.
>>
>>260955640
I like your fanfiction reason for reapers being made of goo, but that reason is never implied anywhere at all. It was just how they reproduced.
>>
>>260948708

>That's a big shit

FOR YOU
>>

Drew wasnt the writer for 3 and had Casey Hudson muckin up his shit by mass effect 2. that's literally why
>>
File: 1404418750277.jpg (111KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1404418750277.jpg
111KB, 1280x1024px
>>260956383
>And the "They're after me lucky charms" thing from the ME generals
you're going to have to fill me in here
>>
>>260930624
You have such a shallow view on the Mass Effect universe. You think the Krogans gave two fucks about the reapers? Even if they stopped the Reapers, life wouldn't be that special to them anyways with the genophage. Each race were dealing with their own shit through out the games, and Shepard wasn't taken serious by a lot of people.
>>
>>260956391
Not that anon but aftert ME2 I tought the reapers were sort of like enviroment suits for a whole civilization, you had the core of the reaper with its tangfied people inside controlling its as a single mind
>>
>>260927846
To be fair, the ME3 ending was pretty far beyond comprehension, just in the wrong direction.
>>
>>260956973
Even with that, that is more making the race achieve a higher plane of existence. It doesn't mean they will someday turn the goo back into people.
>>
That Rejection ending they added later on is a hilarious way of saying fuck you to the people to (rightfully) hated the stupid endings and the retarded star child shit.

Bioware doesn't give a single fuck about the idiotic ending.

Also Synthesis is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. I mean seriously.
>>
>>260956995
You have a point. Their one job, their only job was to not fuck it up that bad. They could fuck it up, honestly it was inevitable, but to fuck it up that bad, just, damn.
>>
it was still a great game.
>>
>>260957378
How does synthesis even work
I mean it's like
BOOM
PLOT DEVICE
EVERYBODY IS NOW CYBORGS
>>
File: 1406072854279.jpg (92KB, 340x466px) Image search: [Google]
1406072854279.jpg
92KB, 340x466px
>>260957378
>mfw I heard "pinnacle of evolution"
Anyone who completed fucking high school would be able to tell you why that's mind numbingly retarded
>>
>>260956756
In screen caps, Kai Leng was always shooped into the Lucky Charms mascot.

This quote from the novel, depicting his cereal-stealing shenanigans, explains it.
>>
>>260956391
And in the name of the logic, where that shit go? Why they need the goo? Even if it is for reproduction purpose they still have that shit.That is formed by blood, organs and DNA of organic.
Take for example Harbinger and the Levihatan: he is the same fucking moron who think everyone should submit to him.Exactly like the Levihatan.

>>260956973
This.Addedd with millions of knowledge obtained by other civilization and the evolve of the synthethic and the catalyst.

>>260957201
I don't think they can turn the goo in the same people. But they have the DNA and a large range of gene pool. If they want recreate a civilization it would be simple without losing some strange gene(another motive why the collector wanted people with strange illness or other characteristics).
Maybe i expressed it wrong. This is what,answering those question, i thought could be the logical explanation. But in the game they don't say if they would recreate those people or as a better plane of existence as you said.
>>
>>260952018
yup
every ME game I played Male Soldier and Female Infiltrator
respeced her in ME3 as an adept for shits and giggles, max fun
>>
>>260957735
I thought that at first but there could be an organism so perfect that it could be successful in any possible environment
I mean think of the tardigrade
>>
>>260958354
>me3 adept
>fun
>>
>>260957718
Nanomachines son

Fuck if I know
>>
>>260952613
These are all fucking fake, right? They are so absurdly idiotic.
>>
>>260958638
biotic detonations one shotting crowds of enemies every 3 seconds was pretty fun to me
>>
>>260927846

The only good Mass Effect game was ME2 because it had decent gameplay and focused more on crime and the seedy underbelly of society instead of these huge threats to all life in the galaxy. They should have just stuck to more basic plots like fighting crimelords or weeding out corruption than on stupid bullshit like, "Killer robots from outerspace!"
>>
>>260957718
Organic nanomachines forcibly injected into every single living being, organic or not.

Think of it like harmonizing the code of DNA and 1&0's into one efficient thing.
>>
>>260958615
When you have organisms that can survive in lava and shit that will also have drawbacks
And there will always be organisms specializing in killing that species

there is no perfect creature
everything is situational
and space squid are stupid
>>
>>260958914
:^)
>>
>>260958963
But how
>>
File: cars-stats-translated[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cars-stats-translated[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>260958979
>there is no perfect creature
>>
>>260959115
Using the Mass Relay network for

Complete

Galactic

saturation
>>
>>260959197
how is that picture related
>>
>>260959256
>>
>>260959115
The conduit spread it in a wave of nanorganic machines via mass relays which touched every single creature in existence and permanently incorporated it into their base code.
>>
Honestly? Part of the fault lies with the original team as well. They put zero thought into what the next 2 entries would be during the development of the first game, despite going around telling people that it would be extremely dependent on the choices you make and seamlessly blend together. Also they knew they were getting bought by EA. The fact that the EA drones were working with a blank slate when they got the job doomed everything.

They should have written a detailed summary of the entire series before starting on the first game. Then they could have handed it to the next team, and it would be much harder to fuck up. Even if that fails, you are then able to leak it to fans so they know how the series "really" ended.
>is 3 sentences about dark energy a plot outline?
No Patrick, it is not. Neither is mayonnaise.
>>
>>260934329
If you remove the connection between the collectors and the reapers ME2 almost passes as a Star Trek-esque game with Shepard going around the galaxy being a spectre, saving people and helping his crew
>>
>>260959614
How does it know if something is "synthetic life" though? What makes a geth any different from my dragon dildo to the nano machines?
>>
>>260959578
I think that even him would call the reapers and the catalyst on their retardation
>>
>>260957718
Not shure but kinda reminds me of a movie a watched where the mc gets a synthetic nervous system and it becomes sentient.

and she letter has sex with it
>>
>>260960009
It checks in its base code if the being is self aware.
>>
>>260959614
>every single creature
So they inserted nanomachines into cockroaches?
>>
>>260933358

Even the little point about the sun acting up in the Tali missions pointed toward the dark energy thing.

Fuck Mac Walters, man.
>>
>>260960315
Yeah to facilitate a future when cockroaches evolve to Human standards, perhaps even to accelerate it.
>>
File: feelview.jpg (114KB, 435x501px) Image search: [Google]
feelview.jpg
114KB, 435x501px
>mfw I help both the quarians and geth.
>mfw geth become "alive"
>mfw "Destroy" option still kills them apparently.
I'm so sorry leejun
>>
>>260959319

>Not knowing the plot of part 2 of JoJo
>>
>>260931676
>Krogans peaceful

Was this before or after they created a world wide nuclear winter and making their planet almost uninhabitable? From my understanding the Krogan have always been a warlike race.
>>
>>260961218
how the fuck is that related to what i said stop bringing manga into biology related shit
>>
>>260960697
If I had to choose a headcanon ending it would be control.

>Your Shepard tries tragically
>Becomes something almost omnipotent
>Removes reapers as a threat
>Rebuilds society
>It doesn't really solve the synthetic problem, showing how desperate things were for a ANY kind of solution

At least it doesn't fuck over everyone and synthetics or does the horrible green thing.
>>
>>260927846
someone may have already posted this, so sorry if it's a duplicate post. i'm also going off of memory
the first round of races/species to make them were fucked because they were made as like a automated librarian of all species and such and to take records of them. they [the reapers] became smart enough to see that the current surviving species that were advanced enough were going to eventually advance enough to the point where they would basically cause each other to go extinct and massively fuck up those that were barely an amoeba. so they figured 'hey, let's regulate the extinction to make sure other much simpler species can advance while the ones that are really advanced don't fuck them up or each other and so they don't advance to a point where they can fuck us up and destroy us too'. which eventually happened in the events of ME3 [unless you chose a 'bad' ending]
>>
>>260961835
My headcanon is that it ends after Anderson dies
Most plot problems are solved just like that. Hackett never calls you saying shit didn't work, no SC, no choice, Reapers go boom offscreen.
>>
File: char_63235.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_63235.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>260927846
It is beyond your comprehension.

That's because it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>260961835
Picking Control ending means the Illusive Man was right, and everyone is going to be kind of upset that the Reapers aren't blown to bits
>>
>>260963068
Saren and the Illusive man might just be right. Everyone also don't really care once they stop pewpewing and trying to get revenge on a puppet now controlled by the most capable man ever to have been alive during the crisis.
>>
>>260962862
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFMdpP0qrQg

Tell me this isn't just fine.
Especially if it just cut to destroy
>>
>>260935996
this is gay as fuck anon
>>
>>260961835
if Synthetics dying means justice is dealt to creatures that have committed ritual genocide every 50,000 years for over 37 million years, then so be it.
>>
>>260947710
To be fair, the sex didn't get that gay until ME3.
>>
>>260964964
Fuck, is there a mod for this?
I want to replay the trilogy just to get this ending. Please tell me it's not just a Youtube vídeo?
>>
File: waf.jpg (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
waf.jpg
106KB, 800x800px
>>260965957
always chose to save ashley since she was a soldier type character, plus even when i played as soldier i liked her better personality wise and she was better at surviving and could be trained to use weapons. kept her on my squad til i mained tali and liara
>>
File: 1407814846865.jpg (37KB, 677x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407814846865.jpg
37KB, 677x397px
>>260966096
I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>260964964
why was this one so good?
i wished they did this and an epilogue of all the characters
>>
File: ME3eng.jpg (256KB, 850x699px) Image search: [Google]
ME3eng.jpg
256KB, 850x699px
>>260966848
Because it removes the starchild who is complete bullshit practically from a different game.
This image macro sums it up better than I could.
>>
>>260967775
hahaha, this is gold
>>
The problem is in giving them a motivation to explain to the player. Of course we're going to understand it then.

If they enemies' whole shtick is being "beyond our understanding" you shouldn't tell us anything about them.
>>
File: 1402517643004.jpg (188KB, 427x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1402517643004.jpg
188KB, 427x1600px
>>260967775
that's a damn near perfect summary.
>>
>>260968292
This. It's also why the Reapers should not have been the central villains of the series.

If they'd been stuck in Dark Space, they'd get to retain their nightmarish status while still being dealt with.
>>
File: 1404422003886.jpg (111KB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404422003886.jpg
111KB, 1066x600px
>>
>>260956930
>Asari
>Turians
>Salarians
>Elcor
>Hanar
>Humies
>>
>>260972905
Now I want a ME game where the Reapers get their shit pushed in by a gigantic WAAAGH and have to ally with the council to stop them
>>
File: I_robot.jpg (22KB, 170x250px) Image search: [Google]
I_robot.jpg
22KB, 170x250px
>mass effect series
>FUCKING WASTED POTENTIAL
>muh reapers
>muh fags
>muh atmosphere

Fucking EA a shit!
>>
File: SWAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.jpg (139KB, 894x760px) Image search: [Google]
SWAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.jpg
139KB, 894x760px
>>260973695
>looted reaper

I want this so fucking much
>>
File: Average Bioware Party.jpg (432KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Average Bioware Party.jpg
432KB, 1280x854px
>>260974448
>Genophage is cured
>Ork WAAGH lands on Tuchanka
>Krogan problem instantly sorts itself out
>>
I can;t be assed to find it but that fucking popup after the credits. After that whole shitshow of a game and fucking insult of an ending. That popup saying to buy DLC is what killed Bioware, EA, and vidya in general to me
>>
>>260976902
>shepie's adventure is over, but next month we comin at you with some really cool-ass DLC guyse
>kthx EA, where do I preorder (^:
>>
File: 1399478085265.jpg (71KB, 789x622px) Image search: [Google]
1399478085265.jpg
71KB, 789x622px
>>260976902
>>260977582
Even by EA's standards, this was fucking shameless
>>
>>260977582
>We already entered your credit card info just click OK to pre-purchase the DLC with FIVE WHOLE lines of new dialogue.
>You clicked no.
>Are you sure you don't want to buy it?
>Yes: Purchase confirmed.
>No: We alraedy entered your...
>>
>tfw you heard the full Anderson speech uncut
Why in the fuck would that cut that. I was in fucking tears.

Fucking that speech, a fade to black with generic coms going "its working!", and a Where are they now for the important npcs would have been fucking miles better.
>>
>>260927846
They are right. I sure as hell didn't understand their motivation.
>>
>>260978027
what uncut speech? is there a version that was not in the game?
>>
>>260931938
If they are going to write a trilogy, they should have had the god damn story planned out ahead of time, instead of going a game at a time. That way they would have at least had a goal to move toward to. You don't just write as you go along.
>>
>>260977935
I was trying to find the moment when I stopped having as much fun as vidya, when it just lost that spark that captivated me as a kid.

This was it. That screen was the exact moment.
>>
File: 1392877638571.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1392877638571.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>260978306

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booBmcFw_Lk

;_;7
>>
>>260964964
The Crucible should have fired and completely disrupted the Reaper's control signal or networking or just fucking anything, which would have given the Galactic Forces enough time to counter attack and destroy them. That would have made some fucking sense seeing how Cerberus was working on "Reaper control signals" or some shit like that. Having the Crucible disrupt the Reapers on a wide scale would have made it a bit more satisfying, and then your crew gets you off the Citadel before everything goes boom.
>>
>>260927846
Mass Effect 2 happened.
>>
File: 1406242163624.jpg (85KB, 722x540px) Image search: [Google]
1406242163624.jpg
85KB, 722x540px
>>260978552
Well shit.

The worst bit?
You know damn well they cut it because they wanted a nice resolution like that to be as far away from your mind as possible.
>>
File: 1404586227910.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1404586227910.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
>>260978552
>"You did good son. You did good."
>"I'm... Proud of you."
>"Thank you sir."
>"Anderson. Stay with me. We're almost through this."
"Anderson?"

I never asked for this.
>>
>>260978957
>Build up the the Reapers shields are nothing like we've ever scene, run on Dark engergy.
>Crucible pulse turns them off EMP style.
>Allied fleet fights them.
>Really High War Assets = Near perfect Victory
>High War assets = Victory some ships lost.
>Middle = we win but not by much, lots of ships/lives lost.
>Low = almost everyone is dead. reapers and fleet.
>Really low = Reapers still win.
>>
>>260951290
i got that on my female turian with the poison blade shit
>>
>>260978552
God fucking damn you. With a picture of Doctor Cox to top it off. Now I want to drink my tears away. Shit...
>>
>tfw reading a hard sci-fi series that deals with an advanced post-human alien species attempting to eradicate humanity
>>
>>260930624
>Mass Effect ending: The Reapers are coming, we better be ready.
>Mass Effect 2 ending: The reaper's henchmen are dead and the reapers are... still coming i guess...
>Arrival ending: They're here! lolnope but seriously you've been exposed to a reaper artifact for 2 days shepard. looks like you'll be getting indoctrinated while trying to rally support in the next game
>ME3 beginning: who the fuck is this little boy ? probably a result of indoctrination. oh well, lets do this!
>ME3 ending: kek just kidding you fail, red blue green
>>
File: 1385753592348.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1385753592348.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>260979616

It'll be okay.
>>
>>260979687
2 really should have been the first one.

It sets up the threat of the reapers and establishes the dark matter. Then 1 happens and you beat the vanguard giving the council time to prepare and having the option to leave the still iffy council in power or booting them for potentially pro-Cerberus humies, then 3.
>>
>>260946129
I always thought Shepard as an engineer was the canon version, so I always chose (plus I loved having little minions or helpful things helping me out)
>>
>>260942000
He did the Baldur's Gate 2 novelization?

I've never read it, but I've heard that it's the worst game novelization ever made. Like, Star Wars Holiday Special level bad.
>>
File: 1392473258508.jpg (41KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1392473258508.jpg
41KB, 500x404px
>>260978552
>ME1
Male Shepard's VA is a bit stilted in his delivery, shadowed by the Veteran Hale and a drag on the game, albeit a minor one

>ME2
He starts getting noticeably better in all areas

>ME3
Is one of the best parts of the game, and one of the only things which has consistently improved over the series

>that fucking feel when he's a genuine fan of the series, an absolute bro to the fans and he's bound by professionalism to never speak out against something that must have crushed his heart
>>
File: 564894413.jpg (30KB, 549x374px) Image search: [Google]
564894413.jpg
30KB, 549x374px
>>260979971
>>
>>260980173
>GAY GUY GUN DOWN AH LAWDY
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
"I'm okay shepard."
"Alright."

I really hope that was bioware
>>
>>260980118
that actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
File: 1386627558417.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1386627558417.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>260980346
>>
>There are people on this world who delude themselves into thinking that Femshep is canon Shep

Let that one sink in.
>>
>>260980118
mind=blown

It actually works when you think about it.
>>
>>260980548
It seems like that was supposed to be Romanced dialogue but they programmed it wrong.
>>
So who'd you crater /v/?
>>
>>260980548
>>260980979
yeah, that sounded like horrendous editing/direction than bad VA work.
>>
File: R 001.png (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
R 001.png
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>260931676
I agree. If there had been some build-up to the crucible's reveal, I probably would've shrugged it off and kept playing. But no, it's immediately introduced you beginning up the game and hastily explained as a weapon to kill reapers.

The moment Liara mentioned it, I had that uncomfortable "I don't like where this story's going" feeling. Then came the ending...
>>
>>260980548
It was a bug with the sound files, that line was only supposed to be played if you romanced him.
>>
>>260981128
Ash was a soldier, she knew the rise. I had to protect Kaiden and keep the bomb safe.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember a single decision that gave me such a pause in 2 or 3.

>>260981129
>>260981370
Thats what I figured. You'd think they would have caught that,
>>
File: Kyubey.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kyubey.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>260932983
So they were this little faggot.

That would have made for an awesome game.

But no. We get waifus and husbandos and gay sex. Fuck I'm all for girl on girl but can't that come after the main story?
>>
>>260981348
>mfw they said countless different races worked on it

I was convinced it was a trap, that there was no fucking way the reapers could have consistently missed it over hundreds of different cycles. Especially ones that could only have found it AFTER they got their leadership decapitated when the reapers took the citadel (or else they would have seen them coming and taken counter meaures)

But no, turns out they just didn't bother to go over ME1 and realise the Reapers dedicate centuries to cover their tracks
>>
>>260981504
>Now that I think about it, I can't remember a single decision that gave me such a pause in 2 or 3.
Pretty much.
>>
File: 1409322317452.webm (3MB, 900x488px)
1409322317452.webm
3MB, 900x488px
>>260945679
>>
>>260981504
>I can't remember a single decision that gave me such a pause in 2 or 3.

>Shepard walking over to a railing and looking out into the distance while the keyboard and chair is pushed back and you're just sitting there thinking "is this really happening? How am I supposed to make this choice?"

Goddamn ME1 was great.
>>
>>260982213
Fucking Monster
>>
>>260981741
The problem was that people liked it a lot in ME1 but that was because it was a bonus to the story like finding $10 in a pair of jeans you take out of the dryer. Sure it was just an average action movie style romance, but I got to pick between the hot human soldier or the hot alien scientist.

So ME2 came around and people liked this so we'll stuff it full of this. at the cost of everything else people loved in ME1
>>
>>260982228
>>260982140
>>260981504
that's because ME2/3 always gave you a get out of jail free card if you'd played the previous games.
>>
>>260982213
>tfw when I let the geth destroy the quarian fleet
>tfw bits of their ships start raining down through the atmosphere

Fuck those space jews, robot bros for life.
>>
This is not news by any strecht, but I just realized DA2, ME3 and SW:TOR all came out in a span of 12 months. What a great fucking year at Bioware.
>>
>>260955572
>>260955060
Don't you kill him and take his pants?
>>
File: 1376684871842.png (63KB, 715x430px) Image search: [Google]
1376684871842.png
63KB, 715x430px
>>260982901
>>
Oh neat a full series repack on Kat.

Time to waste a few days reliving the shit buffet.
>>
File: 1390621481601.gif (2MB, 357x210px) Image search: [Google]
1390621481601.gif
2MB, 357x210px
>>260982901
>>260983068
>>
File: 1368762980726.jpg (201KB, 1451x414px) Image search: [Google]
1368762980726.jpg
201KB, 1451x414px
>>260983218
>>
File: 1400775501138.jpg (235KB, 1000x533px) Image search: [Google]
1400775501138.jpg
235KB, 1000x533px
>>260983068
>>
>>260983487
KEK
>>
Changing writers in a fucking story. And it was a transition, they both worked on 2, then just fuckin Mac on 3.
The story is a smooth obvious transition from interesting to huh the story is retarded but hey these characters are rad to fucking me3.
>>
File: 1368763145203.jpg (344KB, 680x1868px) Image search: [Google]
1368763145203.jpg
344KB, 680x1868px
>>260983487
>>
File: 1390621481598.png (1MB, 1487x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1390621481598.png
1MB, 1487x1371px
>>260983347
goddamnit It still hurts
>>
>>260932983

So, basically TTGL.
>>
>>260929782
Fucking this. Say what you want about the first games gameplay, the first ME will forever be the ME I enjoyed the most out of.

The music
The atmosphere
The story

Everything just fits. I would give a leg to experience ME1 like new all over again.
>>
>>260944916
Adept at 8%

Holy hell.
>>
>>260934285
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NAoNd4YyY
>me1
the cycle has repeated itself more times than you can fathom.
>me3
the cycle has happend about twenty times lol.
>>
Personally my biggest minor gripe is that on NG+ I can't chose a different class. You had to basically start all over again for each game.
>>
File: GF1BCqZ.gif (984KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GF1BCqZ.gif
984KB, 480x360px
>>260983617
ME3's story was like that episode of Ed, Edd, n Eddy when the Eds where trading all kinds of shit so they could get a fuckin' egg except you're helping one alien race to help another alien race because one alien needs help.
>>
>>260984893
there was a ng+?

top-fugin-kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZOvznpkSI8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHCuaVrW1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfzyGbnAYA
>>
>>260961340
That's Ultimate Lifeform Kars.
>>
>>260949770
Which is why me2 sucked, it was a giant filler episode. Things that were supposed to have meaning were instead brushed off as a "this stuff has to happen because stuff"
>>
File: 1408537139050.gif (360KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
1408537139050.gif
360KB, 301x301px
>>260934285
"We simply are"
>>
>>260955640
>They can't do this blahblahblah
That doesn't make them any less hypocritical, and the reaper's goals could be "destroy all sentient synthetic life even if you harm organics" so they can bypass all the hypothetical situations you just said, but instead reapers are meant to destroy all civilized organic life so synthetics cant kill all civilized organic life. Do you really not see the problem with this?
>>
File: 1387416444414.jpg (21KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1387416444414.jpg
21KB, 400x390px
>>260986421
>you exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it
>>
File: 1409371747298.jpg (41KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1409371747298.jpg
41KB, 300x309px
>>260976902
>>260977935
To this day, that message still pisses me off. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? Oh right, probably the same bastard who approved the ending.
>>
>>260927846
Sovereign was being intimidating?
>>
>>260958914
>2
>only good Mass Effect game
It wasn't bad, but compared to 1 its nowhere near as good.
>>
>>260934285
This and Malak's "you are Revan" revelation are the two moments that most had me giggling like a schoolgirl over excitment.
Perfect writing, perfect execution, perfect atmosphere, perfect voice acting... Fucking GOAT right there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC7DHfyMKFo

It still hurts
>>
File: 1409095586831.gif (889KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1409095586831.gif
889KB, 200x150px
>>
>>260988570
Every fucking time
>>
>>260977935
I actually stared at that screen for a awhile, I was just at a loss for words.
>>
File: 1332550561489.jpg (247KB, 501x569px) Image search: [Google]
1332550561489.jpg
247KB, 501x569px
In some really fucked way, I actually enjoyed the whole Mass Effect 3 shitstorm
I mean yeah at first I felt cheated, but the sheer reaction from the community made it one hell of a ride and I think that was more satisfying and memorable than having a good ending to the game
>>
>>260989697
I'll never forget everyone telling me how the ending couldn't be that bad, and then they'd see it for themselves and another convert was born.
>>
>>260989889
I still remember the day those screenshots leaked and they were saying the "three" endings where just different colors
I thought "nah, that's absolute bullshit, not even bioware would do that...."
>>
File: 1402517643003.jpg (646KB, 997x848px) Image search: [Google]
1402517643003.jpg
646KB, 997x848px
>>260989697
the fact that it made even fucking biodrones see the light makes it a historical moment.
>>
>>260990261
it was just too momentous an occasion
>end of rine
>>
File: The Rine has only just begun.jpg (229KB, 692x1536px) Image search: [Google]
The Rine has only just begun.jpg
229KB, 692x1536px
>>260990590
it's so immature, yet so hilarious
>>
File: pffftahaha.jpg (147KB, 599x527px) Image search: [Google]
pffftahaha.jpg
147KB, 599x527px
>>
File: QUALITY.jpg (2MB, 4344x4200px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.jpg
2MB, 4344x4200px
>>
File: 1397346729127.jpg (2MB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
1397346729127.jpg
2MB, 3000x1687px
>>260990712
>MysteryofDruids

GOD DAMNIT
>>
>>260984227
I wish they would do a remake of 1 and proper sequels after that.

But it will never happen...
>>
>>260990840
Man the shit their Spin team had to put up with
>>
>>260991285
given the shit people like Gaider spout 24/7 against their consumers, I think their PR department just sit in an office all day, crying softly into their whiskey.
>>
>>260990840
Holy shit that image.

Between Lost and any shounen shit it's become obvious that pretending that their is some huge resolution at the end really gets people to buy into their shit.
>>
>>260984590
Really weird considering it's the most fun class.

Well in ME1 it was anyway.
>>
>tfw bought the N7 hoodie
>tfw can't wear it out of the feelings of betrayal.
>>
it was a stupid idea to begin with, they wrote themselves into a corner from game 1
>>
I noped the fuck out the second I realized ME2 removed custom weapons and added ammo counting. Never looked back.
>>
File: 1409422608069.jpg (57KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1409422608069.jpg
57KB, 1024x1024px
>>260978552
>Camera is cutting to different angles of Anderson and Shep having the family talk
>Camera fades to black with Shepard's "Anderson?....Anderson..."
>Scene stays black for 5~ seconds
>Shep groggily wakes up in Normandy's medical bay
>Medic and love interest are in room, medic leaves for privacy
>Have a discussion and tell love interest what your future together will be
>Love interest helps you up, Shep can barely stand on his own
>Slowly walk to the elevator, glancing left and right, hearing the voices of fallen comrades
>Elevator doors close, camera inside is Shep's POV getting a last glimpse of names on the memorial
>Elevator whirs upward, Shep composes himself
>Bridge opens to surviving crew, possibly in applause
>Party members salute/show approval and recognition
>Shep staggers to the map controls, grabs the handrail for support, then stands tall, proud.
>"Joker..."
>Cut to black
>"Take us home."
Thread posts: 490
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.