[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: last_of_us_ps4111.jpg (47KB, 605x308px) Image search: [Google]
last_of_us_ps4111.jpg
47KB, 605x308px
What went wrong?
>>
strident social commentary
>>
There was no point in which the characters bonded and the two reached a position of father and surrogate daughter.

We went through the whole game with him trying to get rid of her. THEN FOR NO RAISIN HE FUCKS OVER MANKIND TO SAVE HER

There needed to be a chapter where they actually bond.

Also, the zombie sections were annoying and the game would have been better without them
>>
Ellie didnt get naked
>>
The removal of the interesting AI.
>>
Should i buy this or Catherine for ps3?
>>
>>260215995

A Sony exclusive was wildly successful and /v/ just can't handle it.
>>
Spent all their time polishing up the fake E3 gameplay, then just copy pasted Uncharted with a different coat of paint.

Then just appealed to 'muh feels' casual fags.
>>
>>260215995
Didn't feel that intense to me
Ellie could make as much noise as she wanted and never got noticed
Aggrovating
>>
>>260216184
Yeah

They just sort of exist alongside each other while Jole fantasizes about her as his daughter.
>>
>>260216278
Catherine breh
More gameplay, more unique gameplay
More story yadda
>>
>>260216184
There was a bunch of context sensitive stuff that does just that. Plus that scene in the car
>>
Not enough weapons, not enough ememy models and should of had more infected like those ones in the concept art
>>
>>260215995
>mfw autists on /v/ can't take the fact that Sony has an amazing exclusive
>mfw the game is so great /v/ can't even deny the fact that it's good
>b-b-but it's not amazing, it's just decent!
>>
>>260216184
you just want to play shit like the Walking Dead, don't you
>>
Nothing really. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>260216521
last of us' story is GOAT
>>
>>260216184
>FUCKS OVER MANKIND
>implying sacrificing her could actually save mankind
>>
File: 1407569851442.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407569851442.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>260215995
There's nothing wrong with it, it's a polished product of high quality. Ground difficulty makes the zombie sections interesting and the story section add pacing and allow you to explore and get to know chars. DLC also put some backstory in and replaying the PS4 version right now i feel like people really liked to work on it.
Oh, and the opening scene is just fucking insane, it sets it all up perfectly.
>>
>>260215995
Not much. Everything works pretty well. The gameplay is solid, the characters are likeable, the AI is decent, the graphics are good for a PS3 game, and it's not too short or anything. The only major issue is the hype. It's a very good game, but not the 10/10 masterpiece it's made out to be.
>>
>>260215995
>zombie genre: the most used up and overplayed concept of our age
>fucks over all of humanity in order to save his notdaughter
>interracial homosexuality

The gameplay started getting repetitive really fast as well.
>>
>>260217915
>fucks over all of humanity
>except he didn't
>>
>>260218187
He ensured that no cure would ever be found.

All it would take is for one person to fuck up and that little walled community they're in becomes zombie-central.

Oh shit, if only they had a cure!
>>
File: ebin.png (39KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
39KB, 240x240px
>>260216184
>>260217915
>character has to make a difficult decision because the story isn't black and white
>this somehow makes the game worse
W-w-why can't I just rescue the princess and save the entire galaxy?
>>
>>260218726
But there was no cure. She wasn't immune. She had a mutated version of the fungus. Even if there could somehow be a cure, it would have been destroyed when they killed her. They would have destroyed any hope of creating a cure once they killed her.
>>
>>260219223
He could have saved the world, but decided to save one girl who his delusional mind used to cope with losing his daughter.
Joel had a chance to save the whole fucking world, and he fucked up.

>>260219441
>it would have been destroyed when they killed her.
How do you know that?
>>
Druckman is the one who fucked over humanity. He just had to make Ellie a dyke so she would not have immune offspring
>>
>>
File: mfw1.png (263KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.png
263KB, 330x319px
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was a movie
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was a terrible game
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said Sony paid for the reviews
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it was SJW shit
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said only Sony fanboys were defending the game
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said all the TLoU threads were marketing and Sony shill threads
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said it would be a flavour of the month game, like Bioshock Infinite
>mfw TLoU came out and /v/ said that nobody would be talking about the game a month from then
>mfw one month passed and there were still multiple TLoU discussion threads on /v/
>mfw /v/ said nobody would be talking about the game in 6 months
>mfw 6 months passed and /v/ was still regularly talking about TLoU
>mfw /v/ said nobody would be talking about this game a year after release
>mfw a year passed and /v/ was still talking about the game
>mfw TLoU became the most anticipated PS4 game of 2014

>mfw I played the game and realised I should never, EVER trust /v/'s opinions on games ever again
>>
>>260219613
>How do you know that?
Under normal circumstances, finding a cure means finding out what is unique in her to cause the fungus from not attacking her normally. This means that the cure would come from her, not the fungus.

However, they said that the reason for the fungus not attacking her normally is because the fungus mutated. This means her body actually had no way to fight off the fungus, and instead, the fungus developed a symbiotic relationship with her. It helped her avoid infection from the normal fungus, and in return she provided the nourishment necessary for it to live. Since it wasn't attacking her though, that means it either lost its ability to reproduce making it useless as a viable cure, or it just developed a longer reproduction cycle thus killing her later rather than sooner, also making it useless as a cure.

The only other option I can think of is if it actually had a way of reproducing that wouldn't kill her. Not only do I find this highly unlikely, but it would also be unlikely to reproduce once taken out of its natural habitat.
>>
>>260216184
>There was no point in which the characters bonded

>car scene after Bill's town
>Joel trusting Ellie with the rifle
>Ellie saving Joel's life
>Ellie running away when she thought Joel was handing her over to Tommy
>Joel changing his mind staying with Ellie
>Ellie caring for injured Joel
>Joel comforting Ellie after she kills David

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>260216376
>just copy pasted Uncharted with a different coat of paint.

You never played it, did you?
>>
>>260222480
>/v/ says its GOAT
>I should never, EVER trust /v/'s opinions on games ever again
You are right, /v/ lied about it being GOAT. I would say that Dark Souls is the only game move overrated than this one, but TLOU got too many awards for anything else to be more overrated.

The game is decent. The story is quite a bit lacking in depth, but enjoyable. The gameplay is especially lacking, but it isn't enough to give reason not to play it. The graphics aren't even close to being the best the PS3 has to offer, which is really sad since I played the PS4 version.
>>
>>260215995
Anita Sarkeesians work was highly influential in it's development.

seriously, the director credits sarkeesian for making the game what it is.
>>
Video game where the gameplay is overshadowed by the story.
>>
>>260223845

>highly influential
>highly
>the director

The two "strong" female characters in the game get killed by men.

Where is your God now?
>>
>>260223845

Gameplay is still very good, as evidenced by the excellent multiplayer.
>>
File: 1404610471402.jpg (14KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1404610471402.jpg
14KB, 413x395px
>>260217173
>Walking dead
>shit
Nice try being edgy
>>
>>260219223
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: YHVHStanza.png (40KB, 228x316px) Image search: [Google]
YHVHStanza.png
40KB, 228x316px
>>260222480
Most TLOU threads are just fanboys praising it like its some fantastic game when it's incredibly generic, and shitposters who've never played the game that spout the same memes they've been spouting for a year without any real criticisms
>>
There was no sexual tension
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.