[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Nintendo make the new Starfox good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: star-fox.png (414KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
star-fox.png
414KB, 1024x768px
How can Nintendo make the new Starfox good?
>>
No dinosaurs
>>
File: 1324622567135.jpg (40KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
1324622567135.jpg
40KB, 500x328px
If I had to guess...

...A year or so on Wii U dev kits.
Game test to find bugs.
Clean up bugs.
Retail.
>>
Stay.
Mostly.
On.
Rails.

Goddamn.
>>
By getting another company to make it
>>
give it to retro studios.
>>
>>258955104
Yes because people these days want a game that lasts for an hour.

>Replayability
You and I both know the average consumer doesn't give a damn about that.
>>
>>258957507
S&P2 was more than an hour and it was fucking GODLIKE.

It was also received well critically. Poor sales sadly.
>>
>>258954721
Let Kamiya make it
>>
>>258954721
>a good plot that feels epic. No shitty characters at the last minute, give a well defined goal and reason for what is happening, leave only some middle parts to change
>keep each area new. This doesn't mean keep it on rails despite what some autists whine about. What it does mean is each level should feel very distinct and any local levels shouldn't linger too lone
>coop. The game had your team with you anyways so why not give your friends the ability to control them?
>online functionality. Give us leader boards, a good space multiplayer mode with 4v4 minimum and maybe some extras like customization
>unlockables. Give reasons for levels to be replayed. Perhaps the ability to change up your ship with different guns or augments, play as different characters with their own abilities, and some intangibles like lore logs or models

Unfortunately this is miyamoto we're talking about so it'll probably be some gimmicky garbage
>>
>>258954721

Hire Project Aces to do it.
>>
>The game had your team with you anyways so why not give your friends the ability to control them?
Because it's not like they're AI copies of yourself shooting on-rails in a level - they appear only at certain points.

Though they could change the formula and make it so that you could have two players on the screen at the same time.
>>
Expand on Assault's multiplayer and give it online. For singleplayer just build off 64 and let the player choose who to play as and who to take on the mission. Characters and ships have different stats and kills net you money for upgrades to your ships.
>>
>>258958041
No, stop fucking suggesting this it's retarded.

>>258958882
This makes a lot more sense.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.