[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gale of Darkness did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: banner[1].jpg (27KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
banner[1].jpg
27KB, 500x214px
Gale of Darkness did nothing wrong
>>
Those characters look atrocious.
>>
File: 1407879084957.png (26KB, 351x186px) Image search: [Google]
1407879084957.png
26KB, 351x186px
>mfw Jovi
>>
>XD
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>XD
Back to Redd- oh wait you used the different title didn't you

I used to play this and Colosseum all the time, loved it. I still have the Jolteon and Lugia, they're on my Pokemon X now.
>>
I remember when I played this game, all I used was Jolteon and Larvitar/Pupitar. That fucking feeling when Pupitar evolved into Tyranitar, finally making the grind useful right near the end will forever be one of my favorite vidya feels
>>
>>258166398
Do you think Lugia is cute?

Also which Eeveelution did you guys pick.
>>
>>258166780
>Lugia
>Cute
I'd say Lugia's Tough, Cool, or maybe even Smart, but Cute?
>>
>>258166780
Yes, Bui, Lugia is pretty cute I guess
>>
PokeQuest made me realize Jovi is the best Pokemon character ever.
>>
File: pdq 007.png (79KB, 600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
pdq 007.png
79KB, 600x1100px
>>258166359
I miss Questy.
>>
>>258167607
what ever happened to him anyway
>>
>>258167694
Died. Real life stuff so same thing.
>>
>>258166398
Thanks for explaining your joke, anon. I didn't understand it.

The game is great, it just had shitty a protagonist. I honestly want more games like this.
>>
File: 1407799464247.jpg (64KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407799464247.jpg
64KB, 459x500px
Pulling out the big ones already

X/Y were atrocious. XD and Colosseum were way better, even with half the total pogermin and no phys/spec split. Not to mention they were made 9 years prior to X/Y. Absolutely pathetic, Game Freak.
>>
>>258166230
While I did appreciate the fixes to the game mechanics in Gale of Darkness (namely the ability to save anywhere and purification not being as tedious), I still prefer Colosseum. Might have been the atmosphere the game had, with Cipher already having taken up some fairly deep roots in the region, rather than hem simply trying to claw their way back into their stranglehold.

Music was great in both games though.
>>
>>258168060
To be fair, X/Y were pretty much made to grab the attention of genwunners to come back into their fanbase.
>>
You know what Colosseum and XD were? Colosseum and XD were probably the greatest examples in all of mankind of video games with a soundtrack of songs that sounded completely fucking amazing halfway through the song and never lasted long enough to finish the motifs.

Like, there is some really, really good music in the games that comes halfway through songs, or songs that completely change rhythm halfway through, and in both cases you just wish to god that part had its own song, or was expanded on, or something.

Like what the fuck, I'll throw out some examples.
>>
File: 1325064360039.png (53KB, 336x232px) Image search: [Google]
1325064360039.png
53KB, 336x232px
>>258168628
Nostalgia fags in general, really. They introduced a "new" type lol new. It's just Pokemon that were/cold be psychic or normal, they made few new Pokemon and brought back a lot of fan favorites. They basically advertised to their fans that had already moved on, and by that same token, alienated even more fans who absolutely cannot stand Fairy or Megas.

I'm barely even able to deal with them. Pokemon is dying. RIP in pieces.
>>
>Pokemon XD
Wtf? Take this deviantart fan fiction shit back to reddit. Looks like Digimon or something...
>>
>>258168829
Hopefully that joke will one day be popular enough that people start making XD threads for the sake of the joke, so we have more discussions about the games in general
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.