[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no fucking clue. Stupid gamer general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_01436.jpg (125KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_01436.jpg
125KB, 854x480px
I have no fucking clue.
Stupid gamer general
>>
Roll into it.
>>
>>257795759
>Game Grumps General
>>
>>257796642
>Erin Spends about 20 minutes to find a Wooden shield seen in at THE START
At least Jon would tell me he's a dumb fuck.
>>
>>257797431
I've never watched GG.
Are they seriously this stupid, playing WW for the first time or they're just pretending.
>>
>>257795759
Did you use a rolling attack to knock Tetra down form the tree earlier? Maybe they should have added that to the intro and skip the tutorial later on.
>>
>>257795759
Had the same problem when I was a kid. I randomly hit the small stump and was luckily able to continue and finish the game.
>>
>>257798408
The only one who knew how to play games properly had left, so yeah they were retarded.
>>
>>257798408
There's a brief moment in a video that's clearly a "not meant to be part of the show", and you can hear the frustration and anger in Arin's voice at being stuck at "use bomb to blow up wooden blockade on island"
>>
File: kek.png (223KB, 590x335px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
223KB, 590x335px
>>257799362
>tfw Jon can probably play the game drunk better than Arin can sober.
>>
>>257798823
Tetra just falls in a cutscene that triggers when you get close. But really, the game has enough "rolling into things knocks them down" moments that you should know to at least try it on the Deku Tree.
>>
>>257799774
Robin Williams currently plays Zelda better than Ego
>>
>>257799362
Then is it really fair for Arin to criticize the games the way he does in Sequelitis?
I mean, I know you don't have to be a Chef to criticize food but if you can't even hold a fork...
>>
>>257799842
Does it? I'm trying to remember.
It might just be something we all learned from OoT.
>>
>>257799916
Too soon.
>>
>>257799916
Lazy joke there.
>>
>>257799842
Does it really? I mean, before Forest Haven. I can't really remember a single point where the game hints that you can roll into walls and such to make things fall down.
>>
File: spic.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
spic.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>257799916
I'd play the fuck out of Zelda.
>>
>>257800958
a room in dragon roost cavern requires you to roll into a wall to make a pot fall, where bokoblin inside has a key
>>
It kind of makes me remember a time in Links Awakening where the random solution to opening a door in a castle was to throw a pot at the door. I thought I was so Zelda savvy because I thought there would be a hidden switch under a pot, or a bombable wall, but no, you pick up the pot and fucking throw it at the door, which I called my friend stupid for suggesting
>>
>>257801276
That was shit. You're not the pungeon master you used to be, Carlos.
>>
>Zelda needs to stop telling players what to do
>SHIT WHAT DO I DO, MY GAMEFEEL IS GETTING STRESSED OUT
>>
>>257801340
I always just climbed up to the pot or threw a stick.
>>
>>257801576
He deserves a fitting punishment.
>>
>>257801340
You don't have to roll into the wall to get it. It's possible to throw a stick and break the pot. You can also jump onto the little shelve, But the game gives you enough hints that rolling into walls knocks stuff down works. The sword masters brother screams if you knock his pots off the walls from the Dojo downstairs
>>
>>257801470
I thought I was the only one who thought that was odd. I had assumed it wouldn't be the solution. Tried it, and went "Oh god, this is the type of weird shit the game is going to do from here on out". And I was right.
>>
>>257801340
Oh, right. That's true. But, does the game ever teach you that you can do that? As in outside of a dungeon?
>>
>>257802653

It's a pretty unintuitive mechanic regardless. I even knew about the mechanic, but I didn't really even think to use it at that point. It both doesn't make sense in world, as the player often expects creative solutions to problems as opposed to brute forcing your way to a solution, and it doesn't make sense in real life logic because they are sticky goo in a giant tree which you are supposed to knock off with your head
>>
>>257798408
They have a severe amount of trouble playing Megaman 7, the second-easiest Megaman game in existance.
>>
>>257803417
I think it makes sense that you could use it to knock down pots from shelves, but, Chu-Chus are pretty sticky so I guess you're right there. Still, I feel like there was some kind of tutorial before Dragon Roost Cavern, teaching you this.
>>
>>257803417
It makes sense to people who played OoT because you can interact with trees by rolling into them or hookshotting them and that's it.

But I can't call OP a dumbass because it is very much learned Zelda logic.
>>
>>257800958
If you visited Oshus before you were required to progress (you probably would because you get stopped as you pass his house), he tells you to roll into the wall and his brother yells from the top floor that all of his shit fell.
>>
>>257798408

They're pretty shit. Sometimes it's not as much their fault as people make it out. They are running a show first and playing games second, so they need to focus attention on being entertaining, they shouldn't be paying attention to arbitrary flags or lines of dialogue that are shown in a cutscene that you have to remember to advance the plot.

However in terms of pure skill, they are still shit regardless. Fucking simple games a child should pass easily they make look challenging. I do think they should stick to games they know, or read a guide as they play though. Their current Castlevania 2 run is entertaining because they are reading a guide, and aren't staggering around in circles wondering where to go next
>>
>>257803662
>megaman 7
>having the most ass raping wily
>easy

Yeah sure faggot
>>
>>257804113
Oh. So, that's where the tutorial is. Would be weird for Nintendo to leave something like that out of the game. But, I'm pretty sure you can easily skip it.
>>
>>257804334

Like I said earlier, even if one were to see that tutorial, it's still easy to just not think to use it. I mean, when you are presented with some problem in a cutscene it makes you want to use a creative solution. Pots on shelves, or skulltullas in trees aren't "problems" so much as just a bonus item for players to obtain. If this situation was presented in a way that felt less like a puzzle, I bet more people would catch on quicker. Like, if you were just exploring forest haven, and some skippable korok mentions that there is a green chu on the deku tree's back that has a rupee, I bet players in that situation would more intuitively just roll into the tree.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.