[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to return The Last Of Us tomorrow and I'm tossing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

I need to return The Last Of Us tomorrow and I'm tossing up whether to try and beat it or if I should just give up on it. I'm up to Bill's safehouse, how long would I have left to play if I rushed through it from here?
>>
>>257518404
Joel dies.
>>
>>257518404
Joel gets killed.
>>
>>257518404
Joel dies midwaythrough.
Also you only only 1/4 of the way done.
>>
Bill's town is pretty early on, you're not even 50% through.
Gameplay doesn't change though, so if you don't like it I don't see the point in forcing yourself through.

You get to ride a horse and play hide and seek with a rapist. Other than that it's the same gameplay wise.
>>
>>257518967
>>257519054
>>257519146
I thought he was there at the end, it's actually really interesting if you have to play some of the game as another character.

I'm not going to beat it anyway, I don't have time and I'm not going to stay up all night to play a bad game. Thanks guys.
>>
>>257518967
>>257519054
>>257519146

i don't know what's worse, spoilers, or cunts like this that post fake spoilers. why do people like this exist?
>>
>>257519398
It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it's a really fucking shoddy game. Like the whole thing is you and your friends trying to survive in this dystopia where everything wants you dead but the enemies don't react to anyone but you so why are your companions even there? Clickers are meant to have super sensitive hearing, how come you can talk to Ellie when you're right behind one and it won't hear you? How come Ellie can run through a soldier's torch beam and he won't see her? How come soldiers can shoot their assault rifles at you for a full 17 seconds without reloading? Why would Joel leave two rifle bullets on a bench when he's only got 7 in his backpack? It succeeds at absolutely none of the things it sets out to do. Why does it have all those 10/10s? Because the ending cutscene is emotional? Is that all it takes to give a game a perfect score?
>>
>>
>>257519898
Your autism is showing
>>
>>257519995

No he doesn't, he isn't confirmed dead.
>>
>>257520156
Thanks for the input but it doesn't explain anything
>>
>>257519898
Nigga I don't know, I just answered your question.
Personally I thought it was 7/10 and MP was 10/10 for the first month. After that everyone knew the maps and it was just camping at choke points.
>>
>>257520156
he's right though

Considering the meat of this game and what it's hyped up as is a "rich cinematic experience" the imagery on-screen should reflect the world they're in more so than other games
>>
>>257518404
The whole opening chunk of the game is an infected slog.
You're at the final part of it. Right after Bill's town is when the game gets good. You go to Philly and fight bandits.
>>
>>257520586
I haven't found the humans interesting to fight so far, it's just been peekaboo until I can line up a headshot because even if they have a gun there's no guarantee it'll drop for me to recover spent ammo from.
>>
>>257520951
What difficulty are you on?
Hard with Listen disabled? Anything below hard and they give you too much ammo, and Listen mode screws over the AI (the bandits in Philly and onward like to hide a lot).
>>
>>257521126
I've been playing on Normal because I'm a PCfag at heart and don't want to get too frustrated by the poor controls, I figured anything harder would just aggravate that.
>>
>>257521337
Well, you're at the part where it gets good. Bill's town isn't that long, finish that and play the first part of Pittsburgh. If you don't like it then, stop playing.

Also, difficulty in the game affects damage taken, but mostly affects A.I. behavior and supplies. You can tell the combat was designed for cat-and-mouse gameplay and not direct shooty-shooty, and they dumbed the difficulty down for casuals.
>>
God I love the multiplayer.

I think my favorite phrase that naughty dog made was "FUCKING TOURISTS"
>>
>>257521785
I've already stopped, I don't have time to beat it and also get a full refund for it so I'm not going to bother pressing on. It's a shame, it had real potential but Naughty Dog just fucked it up.
>>
>>257522126
You were too casual to play on a proper difficulty and didn't even get passed the tutorial segment of the game. Resume again if you can, but you not having enough time to play it isn't on the devs.
>>
>>257522326
Did you see >>257519898? Naughty Dog really fucked it up and that's on them. I know /v/ likes to bang on about facts vs opinions and all that but it's just seriously not a good game.
>>
>>257518404
You still have at least 10 hours or something
>>
>>257522126
>I don't have time to beat it
So why did you rent it?
> and also get a full refund for it so I'm not going to bother pressing on.
Where did you rent it? You got one of those historical video stores or some shit?
>>
>>257518404
I hate stealth games. Play it on easy and gears of war through the whole thing. I found that pretty fun.
>>
>>257522924
I didn't rent it, I bought it new last Thursday. EB Australia has a seven-day return period and tomorrow will be day 7.
>>
>>257519898
They made the right choice doing this. We arnt at the point of bring able to program AI companions well enough that they could be required to okay the same rules as a human player and not ruin the game completely.
>>
File: 1407629216915.png (216KB, 640x715px) Image search: [Google]
1407629216915.png
216KB, 640x715px
>>257522645
I'm sorry it isn't your jam, but many videogames sacrifice realism for gameplay balance or just fun. A part of me wishes suppressors in games worked like they do in real life, but that would ruin so many stealth games. The friendly A.I. not being visible is absolutely the worst part of the game, but other than the break in immersion, the combat is amazing. While I enjoyed the characters, it was the gameplay that makes it such a great game (the multiplayer is a testament to that).
>>
>>257523176
>We arnt at the point of bring able to program AI companions well enough that they could be required to okay the same rules as a human player and not ruin the game completely.
Fair enough if the tech isn't there but y'know, if they couldn't program the AI well why do it at all? It's like attempting a marathon when you know you'll tire yourself out in a couple of minutes.
>>
>>257523409
The multiplayer is so good. Stealth based and people can't really camp. And it actually requires team work. And surprising randoms know how to work together.
>>
>>257523464
>Fair enough if the tech isn't there but y'know, if they couldn't program the AI well why do it at all?
>We can't make amazing AI yet, so let's just scrap the whole game everyone!
>>
>>257523775
>strawman
y-you too...
>>
>>257519721
Well, well, well. I'm the cunt yet you're the one posting spoilers. I hope you choke on your Moms' dick after supper tonight
>>
I'm in that suburbs part at the moment. It's my first time through the game and I'm playing on Grounded difficulty because survivor was too easy.

The humans are still way too dumb to be interesting but infected fights on Grounded can actually be pretty fun.

The story is forgettable though and overall the game feels like a 7/10. I might keep going eventually but I just started up Nier so it might be a while.
>>
>>257523775
They could just have companions stay back. Like in that collapsed building when they waited for you to clear the room.
Much better than having them fuck around you constantly and run in front of enemies.
>>
>>257527949
Much better than having them spaz out in front of a clicker like the OP
>>
>>257518404

You will not finish tomorrow but I do recommend you get it again and finish it. Its an amazing game despite what they'll tell you here. And even if you think its a movie, its still a great movie.
>>
>>257528890
I'm really torn, I want to love the game but I just have some problems that are really killing the experience for me. It is a really immersive game but there's all these little things that totally ruin the immersion every few minutes. Is it still worth playing if I turn my brain off, skip the collectable hunt and run'n'gun through the rest of it?
>>
>>257529209

>It is a really immersive game but there's all these little things that totally ruin the immersion every few minutes

What things are we talking about? I'd say run and gun isn't really the way for the experience to fully work. A huge part of the beauty in TLoU is engaging in all the little interactions with Ellie and notice the subtle changes in their relationship throughout the game.
>>
>>257529903
There's the OP in particular, the way the AI keeps spazzing out like that. I've honestly never played a game as buggy as this. There's also this post:
>>257519898
Like I get that it might have been game breaking to make the enemy AI respond to the friendly AI in its current state but I really feel like they should have made the AI smarter to compensate. Instead the other characters are just invisible and it's like they might as well not be there which defeats the whole purpose of having people with you. It's really engaging at times but then Ellie will yell at me while I'm sneaking up to stealth kill a Clicker and I'll yell back or Ellie will run out in front of a soldier and he won't see her even though she's right in front of him or she'll bump into me and just kinda slide through me.

I guess my main gripes are with the combat, can I set the difficulty down without restarting it?
>>
>>257527949
Haven't there been games that were good at giving the friendly AI commands? Ellie and Tess are invincible non-elements in combat, it's so pointless.
>>
>>257530935
I felt like Bioshock Infinite did it better. Most enemies had a reason not to shoot Liz and she was good at staying out of the way in combat. Half-Life 2 did just fine with Alyx. There's no reason TLOU couldn't have had better AI.
>>
>>257530359

Is that video supposed to be showing a forced cinematic stealth section where you can't shoot back at attacking enemies, and attacking enemies have infinite ammo to ensure that the player is killed for making a mistake that would lead into gameplay that doesn't fit the script?
>>
>>257530359
>I've honestly never played a game as buggy as this.
Really? You need to go out and play more games.
>>
>>257531461
No, you can kill them. There are two guys there and I killed the other one, here's his gun hanging through the bridge. Attacking him fits into the script, as would him reloading and me shooting him or running away. Shooting at me in full auto for 17 seconds is just one of those dumb little immersion-ruining bugs.
>>257531492
Videogames have been my primary hobby for 20 years, m80. I've still never played a game as buggy as this one.
>>
>>257518404
>That source engine tier flashlight

Why?
>>
>>257531281
Infinite is still guilty of it, but just to a lesser extent. You could easily interpret it as the enemies didn't want to harm her because she was valuable to Comstock. However, that kind of interpretation falls apart when you next realize that the next logical step in Comstock's orders should have been to order his minions to capture her. But they don't EVER try to capture her and aren't hindered by her at all unless you call upon her to do something, which in the end isn't the AI acting by itself because you're the one to choose which thing you want her to summon. At least Ellie and Tess occasionally stun an enemy with shots.
>>
>>257518404
What's your issue with the game? The AI is not that bad later on, mostly the engine can't deal with 3 characters at once, but later on it's just you and Ellie (except for the bill part).

Anyway, the game is quite challenging if you play on hard or survivor. Still, the story is really good by video game standards (probably the best last gen, imo, next to Bioshock 1), so I'd complete it just to see how it ends (and no, the ending isn't predictable).

Also I wasn't fully satistied with the single player, (I still didn't dislike it, and completed it 3 times), I would give the multiplayer a try, it's really good and I played it over 100 hours on the PS3. On PS4 it's 60fps and 1080p which would make things a lot more enjoyable.
>>
>>257531461
>and attacking enemies have infinite ammo to ensure that the player is killed
Even if this were the case, which it isn't, as this post says >>257532216, there ways around this awful looking shit in the webm. Making the enemy call out as soon as you're spotted and making them all shoot you down in an instant would have made more sense.
>>
>>257532216
>Attacking him fits into the script

Lolno. You're supposed to stealth through that area by moving in the shadows. But judging from the amount of shivs you have, you're probably playing on easy so no wonder you're shooting everyone, casual.
>>
>>257533210
I'm a PC gamer for life, I've been spending more time fighting the controls then enemies. I don't hate myself enough to play a competitive shooter with analog sticks.
>>257533640
>supposed to
Sure but you can shoot them too, I killed the guy before this one. I'm playing on normal but all console shooters are casual by default so there's no bragging rights to be gained by playing on anything harder.
>>
>>257533750
>playing games for bragging and not for fun
>controls 2hard4me

If you don't like it, just sell it. No reason to keep going as you weren't going to give it a chance from the beginning.

Anyway if you still want to play it, restart the game on hard, on easy and normal it's just too fucking easy even for a casual like you.
>>
>>257534028
>implying there's anything fun about fighting the controls
Analog shooters are for babies, let's face it.

Can you change the difficulty without restarting? I don't want to play through the beginning again, especially with people saying I'm finally up to the good part.
>>
>>257531281
But Alyx just followed you around and shot people. But TLOU is full of stealth, HL2 isn't. It's not the same thing.
>>
>>257534669
The stealth is broken as hell as a result of the terrible AI on both sides. I'm not saying HL2 had better stealth, just that it had better AI.
>>
>>257534115
>Analog shooters are for babies, let's face it.

And you can't master them, face it. So you're worse than baby.
>>
>>257535791
I don't want to master a baby game ¯\_(?)_/¯
>>
>>257534115
>for babies
>still too hard for him

Lek.

And yeah I think you can change the difficulty without restarting, and there's also a chapter selector if you want to restart from another chapter.

>>257534832
Your companions cannot get you spotted so the stealth is not broken. If anything, the game is a bit too lenient when it comes to you getting spotted even on survivor and grounded.

Other than that the stealth is perfectly fine and much more functional that full stealth games like recent Splinter Cell.
>>
>>257535963
>And yeah I think you can change the difficulty without restarting, and there's also a chapter selector if you want to restart from another chapter.
That's great, I'm probably going to start on Easy since the combat is a chore
>Your companions cannot get you spotted so the stealth is not broken
How can you seriously say the stealth isn't broken when Ellie can run right out in front of a soldier and he won't see her? Your companions are invisible. If that's not broken then what is?
>>
>>257536119
>Easy
You really hate fun do you? Anyway, on hard you have to focus on stealth so you won't have to fumble around with the baby 2hard4me controls anyway. My 8 years brother completed the game on normal just fine.

>How can you seriously say the stealth isn't broken when Ellie can run right out in front of a soldier and he won't see her?

Broken is when something is not functional due to crazy unfair difficulty or out of control glitches.

Ellie sperging out from time to time is a minor AI glitch that only hurts immersion a bit. If you ignore her the stealth is not broken at all. They stop being invisible when you get spotted as well. If they could get spotted then yeah, it would classify as broken because of unfair difficutly.
>>
>>257536381
>unfair difficutly.
Balance the game around it then. Having them invisible is just lazy.
>>
>>257536492
Lazy yeah (still it's mostly functional, these glitches don't happen too often, at least when I played the game 4 times for the trophies it only happened to me a few times), but not broken.

Also, not much you can do with AI in games nowdays, there's always going to be some glitchy behaviour.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.