[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...but he will be in ssb4.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 60

...but he will be in ssb4.
>>
I support Ridley purely because I want to see the massive shitstorm if he gets confirmed. It would probably be more exciting to watch than any other possible reveal.
>>
>>253951086
Yes he will.

As a stage boss.
>>
>>253951230
The only newcomer that could cause a bigger shitstorm would be either Geno or Krystal.
>>
File: smash.png (385KB, 851x468px) Image search: [Google]
smash.png
385KB, 851x468px
>Lava is flowing, pouring out of a rock wall
>Camera zooms out, reveals Samus cautiously walking towards a rocky opening
>Suddenly Ridley soars through the hole, flies straight upwards, screeches and extends his wings.
>Character splash
>Ridley flies into battl-OBJECTION!
>Samus and Ridley turn around, confused
>Shoes walk towards them
>Camera pans up, reveals Phoenix Wright
>Character splash
>PHOENIX WRIGHT DEMANDS ORDER IN THE COURT!
>He starts quickly releasing evidence after evidence about how Ridley is too big for smash and he wouldn't be a fit, Ridley is obviously recoiling in pain. Finally, Phoenix runs up and jumps and slams his fist into Ridley's face, making him explode.
>Samus just kind of stares at him and shrugs
>>
File: 01-620x[1].jpg (102KB, 620x349px)
01-620x[1].jpg
102KB, 620x349px
>>253951254
SKYLANDERS: RIDLEY'S ADVENTURE
>>
>>253951363
Or Banjo and Kazooie but it would be the good kind of shitstorm.
>>
>>253951709
NO ONE would be opposed to that. I could imagine that for almost a week people will be actually happy on /v/.
>>
File: 1405719041409.png (106KB, 360x315px)
1405719041409.png
106KB, 360x315px
>>253951086
>2014
>People still thinking Ridley won't be playable
>>
>>253951363
only realistic newcomer, that is
>>
File: ace trainer.jpg (101KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
ace trainer.jpg
101KB, 612x612px
>>253952198
>>253951086
I admire your optimism, but you've only set yourself up for failure. I will enjoy your tears upon launch.

>>253951538
kek
>>
hopefully not in his retarded Other M design
>>
>>253952306
I really, really like this pic
>>
>>253952198
>Implying he can join

>Implying he's not too busy being Samus' sex slave.
>>
>>253951254
How cute, he thinks he's hidden behind that tower.
>>
>>253951363

who the actual fuck wants either of them
>>
God, this whole thing is so fucking stupid.

Why is this even a thing? Why do people want this?

And I'm not talking about Ridley specifically. I'm talking about the constant barrage for ANY character.
What does it get you?
Make as many well-articulated image macros as you want, the fact remains the ONLY thing that will definitively prove that Ridley is in the game is either an official announcement, or just straight up owning a copy of the game.

Until then, none of us have any influence on the game whatsoever.

Let's look at it this way;
You want Ridley in the game.
I don't care one way or the other.

If Ridley's in, we're both happy.
If Ridley's not in, I'm still happy, while you commit suicide.

Which one of us has a better chance of being happy with the outcome?
Why would you allow yourself to be on the losing side like that?
>>
>>253951917
If Chrom got reconfirmed, people would be in a fucking hurricane of shit. You'll have gemstsufags and the rest of the fanbase ducking it out, /v/ would be embroiled in war,
>>
>>253952623
Take it friend, it's all yours.
>>
>>253953067
people have just become obsessed with proving themselves right. they've become aggressive after over a years worth of being told they're wrong.
>>
File: 1405724637125.jpg (12KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1405724637125.jpg
12KB, 327x316px
You guys are stupid if you think he isn't going to be in. He has such a strong moveset potential. Anyone who seriously doesn't think he'll be announced or at least a hidden character is fucking fooling themselves.
>>
File: 8Y.png (112KB, 335x295px) Image search: [Google]
8Y.png
112KB, 335x295px
>>253953864
Anon, take a clear look. He was already presented as a stage boss months ago. Why are you in such heavy denial? I'm not even making fun of you, I just want you to stop before you mentally snap.
>>
>>253954579
Remember when Palutena was clearly presented as a stage background?
>>
>>253954579
You're in denial.

He was 'presented' as a stage boss, but it was clearly said there will be other ones too (yellow devil, for example).

Why would Sakurai present a VERY clear shadow of (yes, Ridley) and then leave it at that while talking about stage bosses? That wouldn't make for a very exciting reveal. Think about it.

He's building hype. He wants us to think that he'll be a stage boss, and he has almost everyone fooled. It'll be the biggest reveal yet when Ridley is playable. He'll be the last newcomer.

You don't understand Sakurai's logic and creativity if you don't understand this.
>>
Why does everyone want Ridley so bad? He's a big dragon, you already have Charizard
>>
>>253955029
>You don't understand Sakurai's logic and creativity if you don't understand this.

But this isn't "his logic" because he's never done anything like this before.

I mean, why do all this "rusing" for Ridley? He gets a decent amount of requests, sure, but so did Little Mac and Mega Man. Hell they were probably more requested, but they didn't get this treatment. What makes Ridley special?

I just don't think it's worth getting my hopes up over.
>>
File: 1404696981155s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px)
1404696981155s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>253955630
For the same reason people want Shulk in despite having 6 or 7 other sword users; they feel he will be a good addition to the roster. I'm neither for or against Ridley being playable, but people are in denial if they think Sakurai hasn't been leading up to his blowout reveal. The shitstorm is going to cause/v/ to implode.
>>
>>253951086
>last and final smash trailer
>samus and megaman are fighting
>samus gets btfo by an unknown shadow
>megaman is scared shitless
>it's fucking ridley
>next two minutes of ridley raping everything
>but wait there's more
>a newcomer calls in to help ridley
>it's fucking geno
>roar of applause all around
>a golden era of smash begins
>>
>>253951086
Yes he will, as a stage.
>>
>>253955695
>What makes Ridley special?
Ridley isn't special.
>Kid Icarus stage with a giant statue of Palutena in the background, shown off in a special update that brought attention to it
>Psuedo-Palutena trophy in the trophy feature of the April Direct, presented with its back turned
>Spirit Tracks stage with Link driving the train, shown off in a special update that brought attention to it
Sakurai likes indirectly implying a character won't be playable before confirming them.
>>
>>253951086
Why do people view the idea of Ridley being a boss as some grand insult to their honoru? Serious question.
>>
File: 1404902420696.gif (762KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1404902420696.gif
762KB, 245x150px
>>253956283
> the collective face of the Smash fanbase when
>>
>>253956213
The shit storm on anything Ridley related will cause /v/ to implode, regardless if he's playable or not.

>Ridley is announced playable or found on the roster at release
>Ridleyfags post a shit ton of threads saying "HA WE FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS HE'D BE IN"

or

>Sakurai announces how Ridley isn't playable or when the game comes out he's no where in the roster
>Anti-Ridleyfags post a ton of threads saying "HA RIDLEYFAGS GOT BTFO"
>>
>>253955630
That's it, he's going to be a Charizard clone and be a hidden unlockable like the clones in brawl.
>>
>>253956496
Ridley's special in the sense that all those other examples were pretty quickly followed with a "just kidding"

Ridley's been waiting for a "just kidding" for months.
>>
Ridley will not be in.

I'd be with the Ridleyfags if he hasn't been shown as a Boss Hazard already. Insisting beyond this is being retarded.

>>253956909
>Implying they will stop
When the game is released, they will try all retarded shit because he MUST be a hidden super-secret boss. I can almost see some people fooling themselves to Sheng-Long in SF-tier of retarded tasks to "unlock" Ridley

when they accept he is not in the game, they will start saying he is bound to be a DLC character, introduced via Amibo, etc.
>>
Is there anyone that is genuinely, truly opposed to Ridley getting in on legitimate grounds? That is, not on the grounds of "FUCK RIDLEYFAGS" ?
>>
File: 1405231090441.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405231090441.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>253957025
>implying Ridley and Charizard have the same body structure
>>
>>253957345
2big xD
>>
>>253957345
it'd be sorta hard to properly scale him down to fighter size
that said if he can be done well there's really no reason not to include him, he's aside from Samus the single best possible representative of Metroid and the series itself is popular enough to warrant a third character
>>
>>253957345
I really don't give a fuck if he gets in or not, though I'd prefer Rundas.
>>
>SHING SHING
>"FWOOOSH"
>Trailer begins with Lucas getting blasted by an attack and her reals back. He gets up to look at what attacked him. It's Pokey Minch in a machine. The machine makes his way to Lucas as Lucas tries to fight back.
>Lucas dodges a couple of attacks by Pokey Minch, but his machine manages to smack Lucas knocking him down. It then charges up and fires an attack at Lucas.
>Lucas cringes in fear as the attack hits, however he is protected by a shield. He looks to see Ness who is protecting him.
>They both look at each other and nod. Then they prepare to attack. Ness uses PK Thunder and Lucas uses PK Fire. However before they can fire, an unknown blast hits the area blowing everyone the fuck out.
>Ness & Lucas slowly get up to see a figure that appears to be Mewtwo hovering over. It's eyes light up and it backs out to reveal who the attacker was.
">Giygas Draws Near!"
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_J0cXVqbE plays.
>Footage of Giygas is his Mother 1 incarnation.
>His attacks are similar to Mewtwo
>His final smash transforms him into his Mother 2 form and he uses attacks that no one can comprehend similar to Tabuu's desperation attack.
>Trailer ends with Jigglypuff reveal. It sings Mother 1 melody causing Giygas to wince in pain.

>yfw?
>>
>>253957345
Not really. Most of it is just people trying to piss off Ridleyfags.
>>
File: ridleyfire.jpg (23KB, 363x202px) Image search: [Google]
ridleyfire.jpg
23KB, 363x202px
>>253955630

because I just love that character
>>
>>253957676
Rundas was in exactly 1 Metroid game for about 30 minutes in total
he was a fun boss yes but if god damn Dark Samus, aka Metroid Prime isn't in the game Rundas isn't either

after all Dark Samus or SA-X would have been easiest to turn into a fighter, I'd have preferred dark samus myself due to more unique moveset and awesome final smash potential
>>
>>253956510
Ridley is frankly the best candidate for a playable metroid villain. Anything else is either generic (Pirate) or a clone (Dark Samus). He has good potential for a playable moveset too.
>>
>>253957703
Maybe if it were as a part of a "villains" trailer that also introduced King K Rool and Ridley as well as confirming the various bad guys
>>
File: 1366879168110.png (245KB, 365x318px)
1366879168110.png
245KB, 365x318px
>>253957703

mite b cool
>>
>>253957998
it would be sort of hilarious if his final smash was him turning into a GIANT meta-ridley as a sort of joke on the "he's to big" jokes
>>
File: Not a new fighter.png (180KB, 471x798px)
Not a new fighter.png
180KB, 471x798px
NEVER EVER
>>
>>253957998

Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy though dude
>>
>>253957703
You might be on to something anon
>>
>>253957998
But wouldn't that imply then that people believe there will be a third Metroid rep, much less a villain rep to begin with?

Personally I'd prefer to see one of the Hunters but I admit I'm the minority.
>>
>>253957120
The Palutena statue website update was January 28th, she was revealed as playable Jun 10th. The UNTIL NOW "disconfirmation" for Ness in Brawl was probably a longer time period. Though I think looking for strict patterns like that is really lazy thinking and doesn't really represent how Sakurai makes decisions. You can't shove data into a graph and churn out proof of what is/isn't going to happen like this is a numbers puzzle, it all comes down to reading Sakurai's mind, and he's willfully obtuse about these things.
>>
>>253957969
Never said he was in or is going to be in. Just saying I'd prefer to play as a ice shitter than a space wyvern.
>>
>>253957998
Dark Samus doesn't need to be a clone, it could be as different as Wolf is from Fox.
>>
>>253957969
>>253957969
>>253957998
>>253958278

you can't really get another relevant Metroid character in aside from Ridley is the problem

the prime 3 hunters albeit cool were in one game that's not really important/relevant anymore, same applies to the prime hunters characters from that DS game

Mother Brain/Dark Samus are Assist Trophies

Kraid is like stage hazzard/boss character tier.

Ridley is to Samus as Bowser is to Mario, it just makes more sense cause the game lorewise makes Ridley seem more like the main villain that Mother Brain or Dark Samus ever could be due to how intwined he is with Samus's past and development (Let's not remember other M's mental breakdown though)

Like yeah I'd like the Prime 3 or Prime Hunters characters but they're just kind of there in the past since they weren't important enough to be in more than one game, the entire franchise has two big main staying characters and it's Ridley and Samus.

Like who else could we even have?

Remembuh me?
>>
>>253958446
Well, I don't see a statue as being on the same level as implying a character is just a stage hazard, but that's just me.

Personally, I'm not even opposed to the idea of Ridley being in, I just can't see getting my hopes up over something when there's so little evidence supporting it. If he really is playable, then I will be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>253958821
>Ridley is to Samus as Bowser is to Mario
My autism makes me want to correct you with
>Ridley is to Samus as Dedede is to Kirby
In the sense that neither of them tend to be the main villain of the the games they appear in.

Shit wait Kirby and Dedede team up now.

Ridley/Samus team up when?
>>
>>253959159
>Kirby rides Dedede
>Samus rides Ridley
It's gonna happen.
>>
>>253959159
Is dedede even a villain?
What has he ever done wrong?
>>
>>253959321
Antagonist, rather
>>
Last night I had a dream that Smash Bros was a restaurant, and most of the menu was a mystery to all but the owners
The lunch special was "BACON CHEESEBURGER CONFIRMED"

That dream is more plausible than Ridley being playable
>>
>>253959321
Dedede is about as villainous as a character that isn't an eldritch terror can get in Kirby.

He's not bonafide malicious tyrant, just an asshole.
>>
>>253959321
He's an asshole. He's such an asshole, Kirby will go beat the shit out of him even when he's done fuck all.

>Some fucker stole my cake? Better fuck up Dedede, that guy is such a prick.
>>
>>253959321

He was more of a jerk than a villain. He's basically like Wario to Mario. He can be selfish and a bully but in the end he truly does care about his subjects and crap. Plus anytime he and Kirby fight it's either as playful rivalry or if Dedede is possessed.
>>
>>253959159
why would they ever team up if ridley killed metroid's parents?
>>
>>253959159

That's kind of different

Dedede is more of an anti hero/anti villain in the sense most of the shit he does is greedy for himself (in the earlier games) but in the later games he's more concerned for the well being of the citizens of dreamland and is more of a rival/partner with kirby since whenever Dedede was a boss he was controlled or was framed/was protecting something (the star rod that would release nightmare from the fountain of dreams which he didn't want for his people)

Ridley is more sort of that long running villain than Mother Brain ever could be because she was legit in two games while Ridley practically was labeled as the Space Pirates leader in the other games.

On a joking level that'd be kinda cool but on a serious level Ridley killed Samus's friends and family and deceived her when she was a child (if you count the manga backstories at all relevant that is)
>>
>>253959721
>ridley killed metroid's parents
Robots dont have parents, idiot
>>
>>253959721
To fight the ultimate evil or some shit
>>
>>253959321

took everyone's fucking apples
>>
File: Thingken of Smash.png (253KB, 490x401px) Image search: [Google]
Thingken of Smash.png
253KB, 490x401px
>>
>>253959159
I've said this before and I'll say this again: Ridley is more like the Wolf of his series.

Never a main villain, but still a major adversary, and one that apparently had a negative run in with the protagonists parents.
>>
>>253951538
This is how Sakurai's mind works. I would love to see it happen.
>>
File: adepressedbigguy.jpg (11KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
adepressedbigguy.jpg
11KB, 302x167px
>>253960142

>some cosmic almighty evil cthulu tier space monster interdimensional being/race in a metroid game
>federation and space pirates truce because this stuff is fucking up the entire universe
>Samus about to get fucked over by some giant alien tentacle monster thing
>Catches on fire randomly
>Ridley swooping in cause "The hunter is mine to slay and mine alone" or some shit

might be neat
>>
>>253953067
Sakurai takes fan requests in to account when choosing the roster, he has said as much before and he's even acknowledged the Ridley demand after Brawl came out. People go crazy with requests because unlike with a lot of games they know it will help their chances. So you take that, add the innumerable amount of different video game fans who all want different characters from different franchises in with Smash coming only once a generation and you get the insanity over characters getting in.
>>
>>253958821
>Ridley is to Samus as Bowser is to Mario
I would have thought more like
>Ridley is to Samus as King Ghidorah is to Godzilla
because they always seem to run into each other somehow and they always seem to end up beating the shit out of each other some how. Just like how Ghidorah isn't usually the main monster to fight or really a hero or a villain, it's the same with Ridley.
>>
>>253960564
>Sakurai takes fan requests in to account when choosing the roster
Generally only for third party characters.
>>
>>253952830
>implying samus isn't ridley's sex slave
>>
>>253960915
>implying ridley isn't samus' sex slave
>>
>>253960329

Wolf's more of friendly Rival mercenary leader. Both him and Fox's groups just go to the highest bidder usually though the Star Fox team has more sense of....morals I guess?

Besides the only major Star Wolf member who was confirmed to have a run in with Fox's father was Pigma (unless I'm missing something) and Assault/Command basically makes wolf seem more like a friendly rival than anything because Wolf and Leon were given off as pretty much disliking Andrew and Pigma in those games.

I get where you're coming from but I see Wolf as a little more of a Anti Hero when factoring in those two games.
>>
>>253951538
That would elevate Sakurai to the god of all ruse masters, and Smash Bros would be the system seller to end them all for me
>>
>>253956510
It's not that, people just want him playable. They see the boss thing as boring since he would just be doing the same thing he does in every game. Ridley as a boss isn't exciting, especially when he was a boss twice in the last Smash.
>>
File: 1405794865220.jpg (176KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405794865220.jpg
176KB, 500x500px
>>253961065
>Sakurai
>Not already the god of ruse
>>
File: gvkg.jpg (15KB, 165x305px)
gvkg.jpg
15KB, 165x305px
>>253960713
>Just like how Ghidorah isn't usually the main monster to fight

....what?
>>
>Literally just the Little Mac trailer
>Samus comparing height with Little Mac as usual
>Before he finishes charging up the K.O meter Ridley flies in and knocks him off the stage
>Ridley compares his height with Samus, knocking her straight into the ground in the process.
>Destroys the stage and flies away
>>
>>253960909
Not everyone can make it in alright? Saki would be cool but comparing him to a lot of the other characters is crazy. He just can't compete with all these other big names.
>>
File: Ridley resized.jpg (535KB, 1206x905px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley resized.jpg
535KB, 1206x905px
>YFW Sakurai resizes Ridley to around Yoshi size, and makes him a light, agile character with good recovery
>>
It's gonna be Kraid!

You're all gonna hate it but it's gonna be Kraid
>>
>>253958219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5-P9v3F8w
>>
>>253960713
Err, no. Ghidorah is definitely the big bad of Godzilla. Rodan would be a more apt comparison.
>>
>>253961220
>"isn't usually"
>one counter-example
>>
>>253961281
Yeah he can't hold a candle to great additions like Lucina
>>
>>253961376

didn't they basically upsize Kirby/Olimar/Pikachu

and downsize Bowser/Charizard/DK anyways?
>>
>>253961408
Fuck that shit I liked Brinstar Depths.
>>
>>253961495
Lucina only got in because she was easy as fuck to add since she started as a Marth skin. Sakurai himself she was lucky to have made it. Plus Lucina is really fucking popular with FE fans who sadly outnumber the S&P fans by a large margin.
>>
File: 1396818281558.gif (109KB, 700x567px) Image search: [Google]
1396818281558.gif
109KB, 700x567px
>>253961018
>implying I won't find you and make you MY sex slave if you don't shut up
>>
>>253961593
>Bowser
Not like his size is at all consistent in the games anyway.
>>
> Using a shitter looking scaled down Ridley to fight the boss character Ridley on Pyrosphere.

Nobody else thinks that this won't stupid as fuck?
>>
File: ridleyclap.gif (3MB, 505x204px) Image search: [Google]
ridleyclap.gif
3MB, 505x204px
I want Ridley to be in Smash so much that it would probably be classified as a mental illness. I'd suck off my dad if it would make the Ridster playable.
>>
File: 1405302852020.png (97KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1405302852020.png
97KB, 220x220px
>>253961725
>Plus Lucina is really fucking popular with FE fans
You mean Fire Emblem Awakening fans.
>>
File: Mike For Smash.png (3KB, 255x178px) Image search: [Google]
Mike For Smash.png
3KB, 255x178px
I'M IN SMASH
>>
>>253961593
Kirby/Olimar/Pikachu have no size relevant to humans in their series or are not otherwise that far removed from the games they appear in
Bowser/Charizard/DK are all about the same relative size they are in their respective series
>>
>>253961797
>Using a shitter looking scaled down DK to fight the boss character DK on 75m.

Nobody else thinks that this won't stupid as fuck?
>>
>>253961797
look stupid as fuck*
>>
>>253961408
I'd be okay with that
>>
>>253961785
how big is bowser anyway, some games make him out to be the size of a small building, others have him just a bit taller than peach wtf
>>
>>253961750
>Implying I won't find you and make you my sex slave if I do shut up
>>
>>253962005
Not that anon, but isn't the DK on 75m Cranky?
>>
Sirry Obi-Wan; it's not happening.
>>
File: gvkg2.jpg (14KB, 166x304px) Image search: [Google]
gvkg2.jpg
14KB, 166x304px
>>253961434

movies in which king ghidorah appeared:

the three headed monster = main antagonist monster which needed mothra larva, rodan, and Godzilla to send his ass packing

monster x/astro monster = main antagonist which needed Godzilla and rodan to beat

Destroy all Monsters = Big bad super monster that all the mosnters previously controlled by aliens wind up teaming up to beat

Heisei vs Ghidorah = big bad monster that Godzilla had to beat by defying the laws of time travel

GMK = Ghidorah/Mothra/Baragon are depicted as heroes in this as Godzilla is depicted more evil in this and Ghidorah was the last monster Godzilla had to fight still.

Final Wars = Kaiser Ghidorah is the big bad monster

Mothra Trilogy = don't get me started on this weird ass story about how there's like 2 or 3 ghidorahs or something in just one movie all which are depicted as the big bad guy

literally no other appearance of Ghidorah in the movies
>>
>>253962082
He's as big as he needs to be
He doesn't have fucked up proportions like Ridley does and can comfortably fit into a range of sizes
>>
>>253961797
Depends on how they did it. A proportion redesign specifically for Smash could look great and regardless of shrinkage he would probably end up being the biggest character in the game by a little bit.
>>
>>253961750
I'd be your Ridley if you'd be my Samus
>>
File: mario04.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mario04.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
>>253961956
>Bowser/Charizard/DK are all about the same relative size they are in their respective series
Not exactly.

People are just used to small Bowser because they shrank him for Mario Kart and Party etc.
>>
>>253962138
Not that anon, but isn't the Ridley on Pyrosphere a clone?
>>
>>253962346
He wasn't even that big until sunshine
>>
>>253961725

>Plus Lucina is really fucking popular with FE fans

fuck you and every other awakening fan who associates themselves with the rest of the fanbase with their fuckawful game with horrendous unlikable cast.

May Hector drag you down to hell, shitlord
>>
>>253961948
Ridley>that faggot no one knows about
>>
>>253962380
I wouldn't know, anon. I'm not really into Metroid.

I'm more into sword & sorcery than sci-fi ;_;
>>
Anyone else rooting for Nightmare from fusion and other m...? Anyone...?
>>
>>253962346
And RPG. And the original mario? He's been small before. It precedes his larger size.
>>
File: 1397115843544.jpg (45KB, 325x335px) Image search: [Google]
1397115843544.jpg
45KB, 325x335px
Herro. I am Masahiro Sakurai, director of new Smash Bros. game.

Keep praying attention in coming weeks. I have big surprise for you.
>>
>>253962005
First off, you don't fight DK in 75m the way you would fight Ridley in Pyrosphere. And two, neither of the Donkey Kongs sizes needed to be changed.
>>
>>253962458
>shitlord
That aside we should have gotten based Hector instead of a clone.
>>
>>253962661

would make for a neat boss/stage hazzard thing IMO
>>
>>253962702
Third, the stage came long, long after the character was already playable
>>
>>253962661
He would be a cool stage boss. Phantoon would be rad as well.
>>
>>253962702
>First off, you don't fight DK in 75m the way you would fight Ridley in Pyrosphere.
You don't know that yet.
>>
>>253962767

Hector >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. literally every other FE characer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> the awakening cast

you cannot argue this and you know it
>>
>>253962767
To be fair it was either a clone or nothing. She was just a skin who got promoted. If you're gonna complain about anyone taking an FE spot it should be Robin or Ike.
>>
File: 1373617220989.gif (555KB, 433x369px)
1373617220989.gif
555KB, 433x369px
>trailer starts
>Samus is fighting Luigi on Brinstar
>during a standoff, a shadow looms over them as something flies overhead
>RIDLEY makes a big entrance!
>he swoops down, Samus fights him while Luigi runs away frightened
>Luigi bumps into a tall, dark figure
>camera pans up
>it's Ganondorf with a new moveset, who demonstrates some new moves on Luigi then lets him run away while laughing evilly
>"Mama Mia!", Luigi runs away in another direction
>gets blocked again
>MASTER HAND knuckles down!
>>
>>253951086
what fuckin moves can you even give him?
he would just be like charizard or bowser
>>
>>253962861

I mean they called "Yellow Devil" A climatic boss or something but he's more of a nuisance (judging from the E3 tourney footage)

I honestly hope that if any stage has a boss they don't make the appearance rate that fucking high like Yellow Devil was in that
>>
>>253962875
My opinions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your opinions
>>
File: 500full.gif (4KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
500full.gif
4KB, 256x223px
>>253962447
>>253962685
He was pretty big in World, too
>>
>>253961797
>all 4 people pick ridley and pyrosphere
>>
File: 1405757355662.png (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405757355662.png
69KB, 500x500px
>inb4 Meta-Ridley
>>
>>253963148
He's only about twice as tall as mario, and that's the norm
>>
>>253962857
you don't even "fight" DK in 75m. You can't do damage to him and he can only hurt you. And Sakurai made it extremely obvious that Ridley will be a stage boss character like the Yellow Devil from the way he mentioned him in the Smash Bros. Direct video
>>
>all these ridley fags
Master Hand deserves to get in over Ridley. Prove me wrong fags.
>>
>>253962965

>If you're gonna complain about anyone taking an FE spot it should be Robin or Ike.
>complain about the unique FE characters that aren't clones who literally had 1 week of dev time and maybe a few days worth of voice acting
>Lucina is literally marth with less height and no sword sweet spot
>Literally take away the two things that make marth good gameplay and mechanics wise and make it a character
>don't complain about it

nigger, what?
>>
>>253963213
>I'd have taken the nothing.
I have good news for you anon
Don't buy the game, you'll have lots of nothing
And don't post on the internet either, that way you can give us all the gift of nothing
>>
File: [Soul Crushing Disappointment].jpg (27KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
[Soul Crushing Disappointment].jpg
27KB, 415x423px
>>253963213
This is you.
>>
>>253963203

sounds fun
>>
File: double-ridley-640x360.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
double-ridley-640x360.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>253963205
What about Nintendo Land Ridley
>>
>>253963363
>He thinks Lucina took an entire week of dev time
How long do you think it takes to model and animate a 1:1 clone of an existing character anon
>>
>>253963094
He stabs with his tail and he doesn't really breath a spray of fire like Charizard or Bowser, it's usually more like big solid fireballs or a beam attack.
>>
>>253963148
For you
>>
>>253963319
He already got repped in Melee. Pls go and stay go selfish fagort
>>
>>253963558

would make for a pretty neat alternate costume
>>
>>253963213
>Deleted
ahaaaaaahaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>253963623

I'll admit, me saying she had a week of dev time is generous at best.
>>
>>253961797
>Ridley
You mean Alfonzo?
>>
Ridley would just be a Ganondorf to Charizard's Falcon
Weavel should get in
>>
>>253962346
He comes from a world where you can grow bigger depending on mushrooms, grand stars, magic, etc. Mario is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>253963558
>Two Ridleys

eyyyyyy
>>
>>253963860
I'm just saying she took about as much time to put in the game as a trophy
So there's no reason to be upset, there's hundreds of trophies and they don't even affect gameplay at all, people should be mad about those instead, they've been a hamper on the entire series for years
>>
>>253964152
Lmaoseriously though this new may may isn't fucking funny
>>
>>253963951

if there should be a pokemon newcomer it should be Sceptile to rep ORAS or just bring back mewtwo to go on the X/Y mega form bandwagon since he was a pretty popular selling piece for X/Y
>>
>>253964218
Two Ridleys isn't a meme, there are two canon Ridleys.
>>
>>253964192

>there's hundreds of trophies and they don't even affect gameplay at all, people should be mad about those instead, they've been a hamper on the entire series for years

...huh?
>>
File: HalfTurret.jpg (37KB, 600x500px)
HalfTurret.jpg
37KB, 600x500px
>>253964219
Nigga what
Pokemon has enough reps
Who the fuck did you think I was talking about when I said Weavel
>>
>>253964337
im talking about the Eyyy lmao shit
>>
>>253957703
YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF GIYGAS' ATTACK
>>
Did the melee trailer at e3 way back when cause all of this Ridley obsession?
>>
>>253964337

>Two

if you're counting other M Ridley he's basically a reborn Ridley because it's implied he still has his memories. And if you want to call Other M canon that's calling the Ridley in Fusion the other M Ridley infected by the X virus or whatever it was called
>>
Only a fucking retard would want Other M Ridley playable.

I'm all for Ridley in Smash, but MOM Ridley is an abomination.
>>
>>253964454
What?
>>
>>253964398
How much time do you think it takes to model and give descriptions to all those trophies
That time could have gone towards actual game mechanics, modes, or characters
Getting mad about a reskin of an existing character is downright fucking hypocritical
>>
File: 1313388300174.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1313388300174.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
>yfw Ridley and Meta Ridley confirmed as separate playable characters
>>
>>253964601
You've never fucking seen people saying Ayyy lmao or eyyy lmao recently?
>>
>>253964639
>Only offline
>>
>>253964476
Kind of. The intro helped plant the idea of Ridley as a Smash candidate in people's minds but also by Melee a lot of the major Nintendo characters were in. Brawl cemented that even further and we only really have a few left Ridley being one of them. It's a combination of things that lead to him being highly requested, but I think the main one is just a lack of other important Nintendo side characters to add.
>>
>>253964450

>Who the fuck did you think I was talking about when I said Weavel

read it as weavile as in the pokemon evolution of Sneasel oh fuck me what am I smoking that's my bad. I completely forgot about Weavel the space pirate.

Brawl technically had 6 playable pokemon though and smash 4 technically only has four right now though
>>
File: eyyyy.png (247KB, 411x303px) Image search: [Google]
eyyyy.png
247KB, 411x303px
>>253964678
I have but I just did 'eyyyy' on it's own to convey this.
>>
>Ridley's playable, but in some sort of "boss control" mode that you'll only play once and then be bored

I'm nervous about this.
>>
>>253964761
Jiggs and Mewtwo will probably be the last two.
>>
>>253964678
What is that even supposed to mean anyway? I see people saying it and it just confuses me.
>>
File: 1405203046133.png (355KB, 631x353px) Image search: [Google]
1405203046133.png
355KB, 631x353px
>>253964545
>not wanting the best ridley playable
>>
>>253962346
His body works in all sizes because he is still menacing and girthy as fuck.

If Ridley were to be brought down to Samus size, his entire body would be a scrawny twig and he would lose all of his threatening appearance.
>>
>>253964523
Even if Other M was canon, the Ridley in Fusion that was infected by X couldn't have existed because Ridley in Other M was blown up with the Bottle Ship.
>>
>>253964604

I mean I'm not for or against trophies, they're kind of a nice little addition, it's cool to see some series/characters recognized by Nintendo on them especially the W101 and Rayman trophies are kind of hype.

The Amiibos will bring potential for trophies being mechanics now too anyways but whatever dude
>>
The biggest generator of asspain would be

>trailer
>castlevania theme starts playing
>hype building
>hype hype hype
>reveal
>fucking soma cruz
>>
>>253964678
I'm really familiar with it on tumblr but not 4chan
>>
>>253965018

>the Ridley in Fusion that was infected by X couldn't have existed because Ridley in Other M was blown up with the Bottle Ship.

Wouldn't have been the first time Ridley completely exploded with something then came back a month later
>>
>>253965073
Are you fucking serious
I wasn't saying you should hate trophies
I was calling you and people who hate Lucina's addition a faggot
Don't they teach you poor niggers context clues in elementary school any more
>>
File: Baby_Ridley_by_Hyliaman[2].png (1MB, 689x857px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Ridley_by_Hyliaman[2].png
1MB, 689x857px
>>253964936
>Sakurai adds Baby Ridley
>It's just a smaller version of normal Ridley with a pacifier and a diaper, like the MK babies

Don't let me down Sak'
>>
>>253965126

ew no
>>
>>253965126
>implying it wouldn't be somacula
>>
File: SomaAoSandDoS.png (110KB, 239x333px) Image search: [Google]
SomaAoSandDoS.png
110KB, 239x333px
>>253965126
As long as it's Aria of Sorrow and not Dawn of Sorrow, fine by me.
>>
>>253961281
Nigga the roster is already filled with literally whos
>greninja
>robin
>palutena
>lucina
>>
>>253965547
God damn just why did this happen it still upsets me a bit.

What if we got a Castlevania rep though and it was
Dracula
>>
>>253965018
>>253964523
When you find Ridley's corpse it's literally just the Super Metroid sprite covered in ice. It's not Other M Ridley.
>>
>>253965612
Just because you live under a rock compared to some Nintendo fans doesn't mean they are literal whos. Ive never seen something so forced
>>
File: 1397310522027.jpg (7KB, 215x121px) Image search: [Google]
1397310522027.jpg
7KB, 215x121px
>>253965301

>I was calling you and people who hate Lucina's addition a faggot
>I was calling people who aren't okay with copy/pastes for character slots wrong

dude stop, being okay with Lucina is horrible because this is like a huge step back from Melee/Brawl's clones. At least Dorf/Falco/Wolf in Brawl had some unique properties and normals and at least Roy and Pichu had some differences. And Doctor Mario was just likable cause Mario.

Lucina just feels like a gigantic step backwards as far as the clones go
>>
>>253965612
>Most popular new Pokemon
>Protagonist of most popular FE
>Second most important character in KI which Sakurai just rebooted
>Lead female in most popular FE

Do you guys even play video games?
>>
>>253965612
Those are all from established franchises and hit games. Just because you recognize them doesn't mean everyone else will.
Besides, Saki barely appeared in the new one.
>>
>>253965612
Infallible proof that normalfags have taken over 4chan. Not that there was much doubt.
>>
>>253965783

I was talking from a "If other M was canon" stance and Fusion came before Other M. Wouldn't have super metroid Ridley Suffered the same fate of getting blown the hell up anyways?
>>
Has someone been screencapping every ridleyfag post? I want to see a giant image of all them combined whenever Ridley is proved to not be a playable character.
>>
File: DLC_Marth_sc_01.jpg (143KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
DLC_Marth_sc_01.jpg
143KB, 400x240px
>>253965810
Not him, but that's really how she is. She and Marth are identical even in their own game. Lodestar Marth can use the exact same weapons, has the exact same animations, and wears the exact same clothes as Lucina. They literally are copypastes of each other.

Not defending it, but really anyone who thought that, if she got in, that Lucina wouldn't be a clone of Marth was fooling themselves.
>>
>>253966347
I'm sure there's faggots screencapping both Ridleyfags and anti-Ridleyfags so they can be on whatever side that "wins".
>>
>>253966347
Anyone who actually does that is worse than the ridleyfags themselves
>>
>>253966347

People who are anti Ridley are just as bad as the 'ridley fags' because this "I told you so" demeanor that every neet person on /v/ thirsts for is seriously what's killing this entire goddamn website.

if he's in or not it'll still be a shitstorm because either side will still go "I told you so" and regardless of either outcome I won't be on /v/ for at least a month until the shit storm dies down, it'll be the mighty number 9 feminism shit all over again.
>>
File: download.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
>tfw a clearly better choice for a new Metroid doesn't even have a chance at being picked
Imagine it /v/ it'd be amazing. This game needs a token black guy.
>>
>>253966531

I'm saying I'm not okay with her being a super exact clone (if not worse with less height and no sword sweet spots)

I'd be fine with her if she had some more unique properties like dorf/falco/wolf do, I'm just a little irate that she's just a promoted costume with a different VA with literally worse mechanics than the original.

Roy is worse than Marth by a long shot in melee but at least he had some unique elements behind him.
>>
>>253965018
He was taken along with the gravity boss during the postgame.
>>
File: 2-juno.png (165KB, 254x411px) Image search: [Google]
2-juno.png
165KB, 254x411px
>>253966724
WELL IF WE'RE JUST GONNA HAVE SPACE NOBODIES WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE FUCKING JUNO FROM JET FORCE GEMINI
>>
>>253964883
>Mewtwo in new smash.
>>
>>253966909
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that the unique properties really aren't going to happen cause even in her own game she is literally a 1:1 female Marth right down to stats, animations, models, and weapons, and shit.
>>
>>253965645
So... Soma then?
>>
>>253967314
Either Somacula or just the normal Dracula that you see in the other games
>>
>>253959321

He's an Asshole

He made his Mark as an asshole so clear that when Kirby's Cheescake got stolen by the squeak Squad he automatically went after Dedede despite how he had nothing to do with it
>>
>>253967504
And then he saved the universe with Kirby.
Triple Deluxe even said that if it weren't for him, Pop Star would've been in ruins.
So what is Samus to Ridley?
>>
>>253959564
I'm sure Wario would whore anyone out for a dime.
>>
File: 1359017424027.jpg (19KB, 443x450px) Image search: [Google]
1359017424027.jpg
19KB, 443x450px
>>253967504

>When Kirby's cheesecake got stolen by the Squeak Squad he automatically went after Dedede despite how he had nothing to do with it

Maximum Kek
>>
File: Mona.gif (28KB, 439x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mona.gif
28KB, 439x398px
No Mona or Sami in Smash
>>
File: sami.jpg (58KB, 480x665px) Image search: [Google]
sami.jpg
58KB, 480x665px
>>253968242
Fuck thi gay Earth!
>>
>>253966347
>/v/ now has fanbase wars over Smash character speculation

It wasn't always like this.
>>
>>253969121
>now has
>>
File: Warioware_mona.jpg (818KB, 1336x768px) Image search: [Google]
Warioware_mona.jpg
818KB, 1336x768px
>>253968242
Nintendo has some underrated girls...
>>
>>253969121
Is there any character you can say you want without being laughed at?
>>
>>253969432
Ray01
>>
>>253965845
Most Smash fans on /v/ stopped playing video games past GCN
>>
>>253969432
Pichu?
>>
File: 1383812370800.jpg (724KB, 3035x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1383812370800.jpg
724KB, 3035x2500px
How many suicides do you think will be reported when it's confirmed Ridley is not playable?
>>
>>253951086
>Guys Ridley will be in Smash
>I am TOTALLY not starting shit

STAHP
>>
>>253969593
Too small
Unpopular
Not old enough to get in based on being retro
Not new enough to get in based on relevancy
He's a literally who globally

I laugh at people who think he's going to get in, not necessarily those who want him.
>>
>>253969816
A huge number
>>
>>253960564
>and he's even acknowledged the Ridley demand after Brawl came out.

How old are you?
Cause I've been around since 64, and people wanted Ridley for Melee.
And TONS of people wanted him in Brawl. In fact, nearly more then the number of people that want him now.
He's been a highly requested character for a LONG LONG TIME.
And I want a source on where Sakurai acknowledges that the fans want playable Ridley.
>>
>>253953864
Tons and tons of people said that before he was revealed in Brawl.
Lots of people also said that before Melee was released.
Nothing's changed since then.
>>
>>253955029
Were people excited for Wii Fit Trainer, Mii's and Rosalina?

Sakurai cares about what he would find exciting, not what Ridley obsessed Smash fans would find exciting.
>>
File: boss_ridley5.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
boss_ridley5.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
I was playing through Brawl again today, specifically the Pikachu and Samus missions. I think the last boss is a pretty clear indication of how Sakurai views the character in regards to his size and his place in the series.
>>
>>253970005
I don't know about your other points ( Although I thought Custom Robo GC was pretty well known ), but Olimar in actuality is smaller than Custom Robos.
>>
>>253971326
>Although I thought Custom Robo GC was pretty well known
Not really.

>but Olimar in actuality is smaller than Custom Robos.
He can be scaled up, unlike Ray who Sakurai think should remain small due to being a toy.
>>
>>253969998
this is was anti-Ridleyfags do, if i wanted a ridley discussion thread, i make it interesting and not bait. (i say and Space Pirate/TUUUUBES thread)

anti-Ridleyfags have PTSD/Reddit circlejerk problems and they will tend to make "b-but Ridley will be in!" falseflags thread so they can have someone to yell at.

me and my ridleybros will come out if there was a wierd Ridley-related leak being speculated.
>>
>>253970591
>Cause I've been around since 64, and people wanted Ridley for Melee.
Pretty much this. Everyone I knew thought Ridley was in for sure just from that couple second shot of Samus firing at him.
>>
File: 1405362942370.gif (677KB, 250x385px) Image search: [Google]
1405362942370.gif
677KB, 250x385px
>>253961376
Just wanna say this comic was the tightest
shit ever. Good memories.
>>
Is it "ride-lee" or "rid-lee"?
>>
>>253971652
>He can be scaled up, unlike Ray who Sakurai think should remain small due to being a toy.

I'd fucking love it if Sakurai had Hero piloting him in the background like PK trainer.
>>
>>253953067
You're telling people to stop wanting something because it's better to just sit and be as pessimistic as possible about everything. Of course people are going to hope Ridley makes it and explain their reasons why they think he has a chance. Doesn't mean they feel he will be in or that they aren't prepared for him to just be a boss.

Saying "I would like this to happen and here's why I believe it could" is different than "he'll definitely be in 100%" Yes a few people are extremely confident that he will be but not many. While he may very well make it most are on the fence due to not wanting to be burned again. You don't have to be a downer about it to feel he's got a shot.
>>
>>253971652
Why though? Think about it. Why does it have to be tiny? I know it's a toy but who says it has to be one in Smash? It could just be a badass robot suit or something. All the characters in Smash are toys, or I guess amiibos is more appropriate now.
>>
>>253973073
The world's a disappointing place that will do nothing more than to kick your teeth in. It's better that you see that now so that you can survive in the harsh reality that's called "life", rather than live in stupidity and drown in your ideals, ultimately realizing that all is meaningless and futile, with the last thing going through your mind being a fucking bullet.
>>
File: 0.png (26KB, 322x314px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
26KB, 322x314px
>>253973542
Okie dokie, or I just hope what I want happens and if it doesn't go about my day like an adult? Ridley not being in wouldn't be what irks me anyway. It'd be them teasing him for a year ultimately to only be a boss. Just a mere shadow and implications is teasing him, because fans who give a damn would hope it means more than just a boss since he didn't get the same treatment other bosses have gotten. That's the only thing that'd bug me about the whole ordeal.

Well that and ZSS getting in before Ridley. Even if Ridley is in that will still bug and piss me off because I never played Metroid because of tits and ass. I played it because Samus was a badass hero who did what had to be done and her being a woman wasn't important because she was just doing the right thing. All these people wanting gender equality but wanting to make a huge stink over what gender someone is are such hypocrites.
>>
never ever
>>
File: ridley melee cameo.png (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ridley melee cameo.png
132KB, 640x480px
>>253961797
Why do people keep forgetting that scaling down happened and it looked fine
>>
>>253976064
Actually they scaled him up from that. From Melee to Brawl. So him going back to that wouldn't be an issue. By the shadow we know he's not that big so it's obviously not size. It just depends on if Sakurai wanted to make him a manlet boss or if he was nice enough to give us playable Ridley. We'll just have to wait and see. Just sucks that they'll obviously never comment on him until after release so you can't even ask him what his thoughts on Ridley are as of now.
>>
>>253959721
>Ridley, We have to team up to defeat BIG Ridley!
>>
File: theride.png (76KB, 1742x660px) Image search: [Google]
theride.png
76KB, 1742x660px
ITT
>>
>>253961042
Wolf and Fox aren't exactly on friendly terms. They teamed up when they were facing extinction, otherwise Wolf was ready to let a psycho monkey head take over Lylat for some cash.

I don't know or care what happened in Command.
>>
>>253971132
see >>253976064

>>253972490 It's rid-lee, Metroid was heavily influenced by the Alien series you see
>>
Honestly Ridley looks kinda stupid.

Like K.Rool tier stupid.
>>
>>253971132
I think Lil Mac in Brawl shows what Sakurais view of the character and role in Smash should be. Sorry Macfags, he's never getting in.

He's much smaller than his Brawl boss fight as proven by the shadow from the direct so size isn't a valid argument anymore. Didn't you get the memo?
>>
>>253976892
>>I don't know or care what happened in Command.
Krystal killed Wolf (supposedly in hand to hand combat) and took over Star Wolf as "Kursed"
>>
>>253976923
You look kinda stupid.

But seriously though in a game mixing Zelda, Pokémon, DK, Mario, fucking Wario, Pikmin, FE and R.O.B and Game and Watch to name a few, that's a retarded argument. You should feel fucking stupid.
I'll redirect you once again to >>253976064 , an iteration where Ridley looks perfectly fine.
>>
>>253977347
Oh ho

OH haha

I can't

I cannot
>>
>>253977680
lack of personality child
>>
>>253976064
This Ridley would literally be clipping through platforms hard.
>>
>>253978272
>fold wings when on the ground
>open them only to jump and float like Peach
>Somehow every character being able to clip right through platforms when underneath them and jumping is fine.
>Ridleys wing clipping out a bit when he decides to move somewhere is terrible and bad.
>>
File: 1399387833093.png (829KB, 932x649px) Image search: [Google]
1399387833093.png
829KB, 932x649px
You guys do know that the segment of the Direst was titled "YELLOW DEVIL", not "STAGE HAZARDS", yes? Ridley's shadow was an afterthought, with an offhand remark and a manlet shadow that moved with a herky-jerky motion, not smoothly like we've seen all other boss enemies move (and don't try the "It was half-finished" excuse, Sakurai doesn't show anything unless it's fundamentally finished).

Every single boss hazard and Assist Trophy shown so far has been directly named, described, and shown unambiguously. None of that happened with Ridley. He's had a total of two offhand remarks in an entire year. Pyrosphere wasn't in any playable demo of the Wii-U version.Sakurai has known since Brawl's release that Ridley's been highly popular and demanded for the roster. And he flat out shows deconfirmed characters while hinting at playable ones.

Base don all of this, I'll believe that Ridley's more than a mere stage hazard. There's no point being secretive about a mechanic we already saw in Brawl, and especially for the most obvious of them all and one we saw twice in Brawl and once in DoA: Dimensions.
>>
>>253978272
So does Charizard when he uses his Up Smash, and Bowser when he uses his (and now when he's standing, too), and there's clipping everywhere else. Why is it only a horrible thing when Ridley's involved?
>>
>>253969816
what's pic related?
>>
>>253979818
Relius Clover from Blazblue. And his puppet waifu
>>
>>253980135
thanks lori
>>
>>253980495
I am not Junpei
>>
>>253965126
How about even worse?
>SHING
>This starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk
>Camera starts at the bottom of a tall castle, slowly pans up
>Whip cracks, sounds of things breaking, grunting, etc. General Castlevania themed fight noises
>Camera reaches a window right when the pipe organ style part of the song starts
>Dracula standing tall in the middle of his throne room, he throws a large fireball across the room, towards a figure hidden by shadow
>A whip smacks against the fireball, dissipating it.
>Camera pans over as the figure is basked in light
>Simon Belmont stakes his claim! It's Mirror of Fate or Castlevania Judgement Simon
I couldn't think of a better intro thing for him
>>
OH SHIT, LOOK AT THE SITE

DONKERS CONFIRMED
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.