[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com /wiki//v/%27s_Recommende

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 24

File: Wiki-wordmark.png (21KB, 250x65px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-wordmark.png
21KB, 250x65px
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki

Is this shit still being updated, or do we have something newer now?
>>
I know that some system generals still link it, and the site has it's own staff. But /v/ itself gets mad as fuck about it because people hate seeing a game they don't like on it, and some shitty subreddit linked it. I think two people made new wikis, but they were both inactive and full of fake meme-filled entries.

Just use that as a starting point then do more research.
>>
It is maintained by redditors, not members of /v/. Its been like this for a long while.
>>
http://vidya-gaems.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Vidya_Gaems_Wiki

Someone started this a while back, but I don't think it caught on.
>>
I LOVE when that list is posted.
/v/ has no control over that list anymore so they get mad as fuck.
I don't really root for that list myself, i don't need any list in general, i'm the guy that suggests games in the first place.
I just love seeing /v/ get mad as shit and you cockroaches squirm every time it's posted, it's absolutely delicious.
>>
>>244935532
who cares it's a shit list.

Why do you need a list to play games anyways? You only capable of following the hivemind?
>>
>>244936508
I forgot about that wikia. Maybe I'll do some updates soon.
>>
>>244937237
not him, but it is nice to have suggestions on what to try and what to avoid.

IMO /v/ makes pretty good lists there, as opposed to the shitty viral threads that pop up here.
>>
>shadowman
>good
when that game showed up on the wiki, it was dead. Now people are starting to defend it here. It's eerie how obvious it is that someone's trying to be an epic troll by recommending horseshit games with billions of bugs.
>>
>>244937474
I disagree.

But believe what you want.
>>
>>244937474
>but it is nice to have suggestions on what to try and what to avoid
No, it's not nice, it makes you mindless.
Try shit for yourself, form your own opinions.
>>
One big problem with it is people tend to use it as a strict list of "THESE ARE THE GAMES THAT YOU WILL LIKE ON THIS SYSTEM" where it should be used more as a guideline or as it's name suggests, a recommendation; Taste is subjective, you're not going to like everything that someone else does. Use it to find games that you might find interesting and then look into those games yourself.
>>
>>244937532
Shadowman has been loved by /v/ for so many years it's not even funny.
I don't even like the game myself, however i did appreciate the visuals and core idea, especially for the time it was released.
Christ, this "i don't like thing so everyone must be wrong/shill" mentality is getting out of hand, grow some fucking balls.
I don't even LIKE the game but i can see why some people would.
>>
The wiki was a shit idea to begin with. /v/ doesn't have a singular opinion on anything. If you want to know if a game is good or not you should ask /v/ yourself and receive a larger variety of opinions instead of checking a shitty wiki managed by a couple of faggots.
>>
>>244937694
you may have time to try everything from a catalog of thousands of games but most people don't, also I don't like every game /v/ likes but I can respect the opinion of the person who took the time to compile a list
>>
>>244938020
>asking /v/ if a video game is good
lel
>>
File: 1333655496373.jpg (94KB, 545x486px) Image search: [Google]
1333655496373.jpg
94KB, 545x486px
>>244938020
>wanting the board to be flooded with even more "HAY GAIZ WAT /v/ OPINION ABOOT _____?" threads than it already is
dear fucking god no
>>
>>244938334
I love when fags do that shit

>ask about any game post 2000

>IT'S SHIT

>ask about any game pre 2000

>IT'S SHIT AND OLD

>ask about any indie game

>IT'S INDIE IT'S SHIT

>ask about anything even remotely not mainstream

>NEVER HEARD OF IT IT'S SHIT
>>
>>244938451
what is so wrong with those threads?

it is like you don't want us to talk about video games
>>
>>244938334
>checking a wiki to see if a videogame is good
toplel

>>244938451
I never said they have to make a thread dedicated to it. Just ask a fucking question within a thread that sparks some kind of disussion. It's much better than one person's opinion.
>>
>>244938020
True. /v/ doesn't have singular opinion. Neither does America. Neither does Germany. Or Spain. Or Canada. Neither do all Christians. Atheists. Blacks. Jews. Caucasians.

But, as a general whole, /v/ has an opinion that a majority people hold.
>>
>>244936508
>Check the Gamecube list there out of curiosity.
>"Not Recommended:"
>"Pokemon Colosseum"
>"Pokemon Gale of Darkness"
What the hell? Both games are fine. Colosseum actually winds up pretty challenging, and Gale of Darkness makes some needed fixes to the gameplay, especially saving and purifying.

Just saying that from what it looks like it's not off to a good start. Especially when "Never gets discussed, etc" is your reason for saying a game is not recommended.
>>
>>244938951
You can only say that about a select few things. There's a tiny group of game /v/ loves and the rest is either complete hate or mixed feelings. That tiny group of games isn't worth mentioning because there are so many fucking threads on them and everyone already knows what they are.
>>
>>244938997
Ignore that one. It doesn't even have Tropical Dong on the WiiU list. The regular wiki is fine, but it needs updating.
>>
>>244939450
/v/ is so large that primarily it is flavor of the month stuff with a handful of underrated gems thrown in. I mean look at how many Watchdog threads there are.

Let's not even get into what the board looked like when ME2 had just come out.
>>
>>244939521
To be honest, the only use I've found for the original wiki these days is trying to easily pair a name of a game with cover art, so I can see if I recognize it or have seen it for sale lately, simply because there's so many games and covers in one spot.

Honestly, I suppose the issue with a wiki is that unless you make it so only a select few people can edit it/add to it, you're going to get all kinds of junk in there, or stuff posted from people that have no real reason to be there, like what happened with the old wiki.
>>
>>244938451
>not wanting /v/ to talk about video games
>>
why is it even still named "/v/'s" after all of this time

last time I checked it, there were legitimate Trigger Warnings for some of the games listed. i've never gone back
>>
>>244935532
Sites outside of 4chan (the leddit boogeymen for real) got to it and started recommending casual shit like Modern Warfare and all these other shitty games.
>>
>use it when I bought a PS3 a few months ago
>multiplat multiplat multiplat multiplat and more multiplatform games taking up almost the entire list.
There needs to be an "exclusive" section in there.
>>
>>244939935
The way I see it, it's way easier to filter out the junk I can see as junk rather than looking at a full gamelist and not having any idea that something may not be 10/10 but isn't shovelware either.
>>
>>244940869
There's not enough PS3 exclusives for a proper list.
>>
File: psprecommendations.jpg (370KB, 1026x866px) Image search: [Google]
psprecommendations.jpg
370KB, 1026x866px
We use static recomendation images now. Harder for the faggots to screw them up.

Pic related.
>>
>>244941684
>image
I suppose that stuff works for people interested in Japan only games and can understand them, but at least have the decency to post a regular recommendation image of games the majority of people can actually understand the language of. As is is most people consider those Japan only images bait.
>>
/v/ rec wiki person here
Ask me why I haven't banned lyricstormwatch for being an annoying faggot.
>>
>>244935532

It hasn't been updated in years because that's how long it's been since a game worth recommending has come out.
>>
>>244935532
No way, that wiki is horrible. It's not even a list of good, reccomendable games any more, it's just a list of "ehhh this game is decently playable... PUT IT ON"
It's okay for skimming but definetly do research before buying based on what you see there
Also noone added Dong Freeze to WiiU list
>>
>>244937145
If /v/ has no control, then why call it /v/'s reccomended games?
>>
>>244940189
Wow, still spreading these lies, faggot?
Talk about assblasted.
Did you get banned for shitting up the ps3 page or something?
>>
>>244940084
>>244938690
Those threads arent about video games though, they're full of shit-flinging and "my opinion is superior dont listen to that game" "no dont listen to him its shit" "nuh uh" "uh huh"
>>
>>244942376
I have a question, how did my trip filter not catch you?
>>
>>244942491
>nobody added muh favorite wiiu game on so its shit bawwww
What a whiny cunt.
>>244942518
Because /v/ is too lazy to properly fix its own problems and would rather bitch about things.
They can't even make a replacement that lasts because they don't grasp concepts of work ethic. also
>he does it for free topkekelels.jpg
>>
File: 1369331534527.jpg (22KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1369331534527.jpg
22KB, 435x435px
>>244942793
Turns out it was because I forgot to set it up when I reinstalled 4chan x.
>>
File: bait1.png (66KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
bait1.png
66KB, 622x622px
>>244942814
>>
File: ss (2014-05-24 at 08.29.38).jpg (93KB, 1030x532px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-05-24 at 08.29.38).jpg
93KB, 1030x532px
Yes/No? I was also looking at Birds of Steel for some flight games before AC:I

>>244942930
You just take out the hashtag in front of filter any tripfags right? I recently reinstalled it and forgot how to
>>
>>244942759
Exactly.
And don't any of you asshats try those "bawww i guess I should just talk about jontrons feet"
faggotshit excuses either. You're just as bad as the cunts who cry because somebody doesn't like the newest nintendo game and then yelp out "I guess you only like gaylo and call of booty reel matuuure" or some equivalent garbage.
>>244942793
I'd be amazed if anyone remembered me and how much of dipshit I used to be.
>>
>>244943078
yep, just /^!/
>>
>>244942951
>not using the new "grand ploy" meme
Talk about behind the times.
>>
>>244935909
>every post there says they fucking hate reddit
>>
>>244943078
Okami PS3, if it's the Asia/Pacific one, has the English translation right on the disc. Of course, it requires a full install from the disc to play, and even then you have to have the disc inserted for it to run, so I don't know what Capcom's thinking. That said, good on you if you're trying to give their "digital only in the west" trend the finger. Not a fan of those PS3 the best covers though.
>>
>>244941684
Anymore images anon?
>>
>>244943306
HEY MAN
WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM
Don't you know that everyone there is reddit scum, just like /v/gas? And no amount of factual proof is gonna change that. So just be one of the cool kids and spew lies and misinformation like how they have trigger warnings on their pages even though this has never been the case.
Faggot.
>>
File: 1400382006345.jpg (3MB, 2763x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1400382006345.jpg
3MB, 2763x5000px
>>244943336
Yeah I might just get the regular ps3 version instead, probably drop a few more bucks for it though but I seriously hate not having the digital copies for console games.
>>244943471
here i have this one for psp
>>
File: HI jUNO.jpg (63KB, 1086x1136px) Image search: [Google]
HI jUNO.jpg
63KB, 1086x1136px
>>244938519
>Okami is the best game on ps2, underrated goat of the goty!
>Game is pretty mediocre, has pretty graphix and ultra Japanese music but that's it

>Odin Sphere is the gem that shine beneath the tons of PS2 shovelware
>Repetitive and clunky

I'm not falling for that again
>>
>>244943471
Not him, but what, more recommendation images in general, or just those Japan only ones that have been making the rounds that are next to useless unless you know moon?
>>
>>244943670
>no Pop'N Portable
>>
>>244942814
Just change the name of the damn wiki if you're going to bitch so much. I don't even dislike the wiki, but if /v/ isn't the community involved in it, get rid of the name.
>>
>>244943670
I hate how Capcom seems to think they're ahead of the game by doing that, especially when they're perfectly find having both physical and digital out there natively. I mean at least do a limited print of physical copies out here and see how they sell, and whether a reprint of them would be warranted. But no, "digital only is the future" logic likely at hand. At least with Okami HD you can import a copy and still understand it (as it's fully English apart from the opening movie when you boot it up). Ace Attorney 5 meanwhile is region locked.
>>
>>244943687
Well English ones would be more helpful but I can read moon runes as a 3rd language, BUT I prefer English
>>
>>244943556
Holy shit you sound asspained over meaningless /v/ shitposting. You're still in highschool, right?
>>
>>244943670
anon got any for 3DS/Xbox 360?
>>
>>244939650
Or ME3. So many colors. So much RGB.
>>
>>244944067
>meaningless shitposting
If that were the case /v/ would contribute to the wiki instead of inciting their retard-driven witch hunts to burn everything down.
Remember guize: subtle.
>>
>>244944016
It's so fucking stupid, I actually went through and bought AA:DD but had to cancel it after 5 minutes since i forgot about the region locking. Fucking nintendo and capcom. Sony did the same thing with tokyo jungle though and importing that is actually expensive.
>>244944176
No images but I can recommend you some 3ds games based on what you/I played. Definitely get Ace Combat:AHL and GR: Shadow wars (plays like fire emblem, made by the guy from XCOM)
>>
>>244943683
Congrats, you discovered that sony fans don't know shit about games and just enjoy weeb shit and/or fanservice

I just ignore sony fans. Talking to sony fans about videogames is like trying to talk to weeaboo's about cartoons and comics, They'll just tell you that everything you like is shit because its not weeb enough, then they show you a bunch of weeb shit to try and prove you wrong, and then when you say "thats just weeb shit" they accuse you of being a troll or being to stupid to understand the deep complex structure beneath the kawaii uguu~ exterior
>>
File: 25 must play GC games.jpg (1MB, 1260x1710px) Image search: [Google]
25 must play GC games.jpg
1MB, 1260x1710px
>>244944050
Here's a Gamecube one.

>>244943917
I doubt it would be possible to make a truly complete recommendation list, either due to the sheer amount of good games on a system, or people being reasonably divided over what should truly be there.

Take this one here. It works pretty well, but it's still missing some good stuff like Custom Robo, likely for the sake of keeping it looking reasonably orderly.
>>
No because /v/ can't do jack fucking shit since /v/ is the worst board on 4chan.
>>
>>244943964
To be perfecly honest, what would changing the name even do outside of incite more bitching?
>>
>we
It hasn't been ours for a long time
>>
>>244944481
and FE: Path of Radiance
>>
>>244943683
>>244944469
Or maybe games aren't objectively good or bad, and recommendations are just that, and don't guarantee a game you'll love.
>>
>>244942376
>>244942814
My question is why you still pretend to represent /v/ when people generally hate your gut and you go out of your way to be contrary to the board in general.
>>
>>244944469
It's more a case of

>muh Kamiya-san made that game before being fucked over by Crapcom

Kamiya is an interesting guy. I don't like his games but he's interesting nonetheless. His fanbase is the cancer that plagues our society
>>
>>244944778
In previous threads I wondered why /v/ got so mad about this shit, but I hadn't seen the guy who ran it be sucha fag before.
>>
Why are namefags and tripfags always the ones that hate this place the most? That's what I see in this thread. Funnily my /v/ experience is nothing like they project either, and I enjoy myself here. Are there mental issues at play here or do these people just come here to shit the place up? The attitude I'm seeing from non anons in this thread is extremely toxic.

>>244944489
You've obviously never seen /x/ on a bad day.
>>
>>244941684
Summon Night was on the PSP?
I thought that franchise was GBA exclusive
How is it? I really liked these games
>>
>>244944456
I heard Sony didn't even want to allow localization of Tokyo Jungle to begin with. That said, with the 3DS, at least a good amount of games for it have been localized (at least in the US anyhow, I feel kind of sorry for Europe and PAL countries), while there's some good stuff on the PS2 that was left overseas and even if you know the language and would be willing to import, fat chance actually playing it natively without buying an expensive Japanese PS2, or having to deal with swap magic.
>>
>>244944778
Entertainment, haven't you noticed the shitstorm in this thread?
>>
>>244935909
>It is maintained by redditors, not members of /v/.

Are you implying there's difference now?
>>
>>244944870
It's because tripfags are generally attentionwhores who think they're better than everyone else. Even this guy, who in theory is using his trip for a good reason, is crying because /v/ won't be nice to him while he acts like a huge faggot.
>>
>>244935909

Whether that's true or not, that's not the problem.

Right now, anyone can add any game to the lists, whether or not the majority of /v/ actually likes it. There could be only one fan of Metroid Other M on /v/, but if that one person reads the wiki and puts an entry for Other M on there, people aren't going to take it off.

Basically what >>244942491 said.
>>
>>244944886
Not him, but Summon Night's ben around for a long while, since the PS1 era last I recall, and similar to Tales, the console games having a reasonable amount of voicing for a JRPG was a pretty big thing. The only localized ones were the spinoffs Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (the third's got a fan translation; apparently they're done apart from finding a coder to actually insert the translation), and one of the DS ones. They've also seen some main series ports on the PSP and DS, though from what I've hard the DS ones are pretty inferior.

Worth noting that as far as I've heard, the main titles are more of strategy RPGs than ARPGs like Swordcraft Story is.

>>244944681
Not the guy that made the image, but I've actually been thinking about touching it up, adding a few more things. Would be nice to have it not have any parts left hanging, or gaps, though.
>>
>>244944929
Acting like a retard is entertaining to him?
>>
>>244944778
>pretend
What's this pretend shit? I just don't care for the dumbfucks here. The decent people (the ones with brains) are okay.
>why no name change
Because I haven't been at a computer for half a year now. The best part about the name change I have in mind would be It wouldn't stop representing /v/ at all and also represent /vg/ and /vr/ and there wouldn't even be a need to change the url (the image header with Bartz would need a small revamp though)..
>>
>>244944870
I've seen a few halfway decent tripfags around, but in general I think that if you're going to tripfag on an anonymous board, there needs to be some good reason for it, like exchanging Friend Codes for the Wii/DS used to be, or something. Apart from that I don't see much point.
>>
>>244945416
I got to /vg/ and /vr/ too and I really don't want someone who acts like you do representing them either.
>>
>>244945416
>It wouldn't stop representing /v/ at all and also represent /vg/ and /vr/ and there wouldn't even be a need to change the url (the image header with Bartz would need a small revamp though)..

It already does though. Threads like the 3DS/Vita/wiiu generals link it. Though the lack of tropical dong on the WiiU page kind of shows how fucking dead that wiiugen must be.

>>244945541
I've encountered some decent tripfags who didn't really need to trip most of the time (though now they have projects that justify them), but they weren't on /v/.
>>
>>244944861
protip: there's more than one guy
>>244945145
It's funny because this isn't anywhere near as bad as past threads. And yet here you are whining as well.
>>244945386
It's a thrill.
>>
File: 1393740584047.jpg (57KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1393740584047.jpg
57KB, 350x392px
>>244945416
>What's this pretend shit? I just don't care for the dumbfucks here. The decent people (the ones with brains) are okay.
>anyone I don't agree with is an idiot
>anyone who obeys me is smart
You fucking dunce
>>
So why do you trust any random trip that he's legit?
>>
>>244944919
Yeah I had to end up softmodding my ps2 with freemcboot, havent tried JPN games yet on it though since i dont know if it'll work. At least the ps3 is regionfree and pretty much every game i was interested in got NA physical releases. Wouldve been nice to play MonHun on a home console since i dont have a wii/wii u though
>>
>>244945605
If you think this is how I always act, that's funny as hell.
>>244945723
Why don't you just add your precious little game then?
Can't handle the basic as fuck process?
>>
>>244946005

Because /v/ is dumb
>>
>>244946082
It doesn't matter how you usually act, because when you can act like this at all it reflects pretty poorly on your character in general.
>>
>>244946082
>>244945823
shit man you're so cool when i grow up i wanna be just like you and defend my dumb wiki while sucking cock

>>244946005
I'm assuming everyone else is recognizing the trip. I've seen /v/wiki guys being for help before anyway. If it isn't the guy then whatever, I'm still burning time.
>>
>>244946246

Oh noez - his reputation will be tarnished. What will he do?
>>
>>244946035
I still find it rather silly that even with the PS3 itself being region free and having a region free library, that does not apply to trying to play PS1 games on it, or PS2 ones if you have a fully backwards compatible model.
>>
>>244945852
>saying that with a pokeshit reaction image
Pot, kettle, nigga, etc.
Also, good job throwing in some half-assed made up logical fallacy in there as well. Fucking well done.
>>
>no expeditions conquistador
>>
>>244946395
Well, people will be less likely to be amicable towards him and his wiki, which is a bad idea when you're running something that's meant to be community driven.
>>
>>244946395
suck my cock faggot

>>244946458
suck my cock faggot
>>
>>244946498

Are you done yet?
>>
File: 1374774596938.jpg (106KB, 407x546px) Image search: [Google]
1374774596938.jpg
106KB, 407x546px
>>244946458
>implying I took that reaction image for the source material, not the reaction itself
Judging by the way you act, it's pretty clear that you deem anyone who doesn't agree with you to be an idiot.
>>
>>244946806
>it's pretty clear that you deem anyone who doesn't agree with you to be an idiot.
>implying everyone in the world doesn't do this
>>
>>244946286
Me 2, brah. Also, way to add that game. Way to go, youngblood, way to go.
>>244946395
Pretty much.
I've seen /v/ say that they supposedly found my reddit page which belongs to a girl who lives in michigan in or some shit.
That's some funny stuff right there.
>>
>>244946772
are you done menstruating on this board?
>>
>>244947114
So are you a feminist SRS bitch or do you just think you're a cunt, bitchtits?
>>
>>244946490
Well, it's pretty dead so, yeah. So much for that. Might as well make a new one, again.
>>244946806
Wow, look out, it's a psychology 101 graduate.
Some of my favorite people disagree with me and I them. We still get along just fine and they're pretty respectable and intelligent.
Throw another guess on the barbie, wot.
>>
File: 2014-05-24-054157.jpg (52KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-24-054157.jpg
52KB, 960x544px
>>244947259
Neither.
Pic related. Found it from subtly raiding my tumblr.
Protip: I don't have a tumblr.
>>
>a lot of people complain about the wiki not representing /v/'s line of reasoning
>instead of trying to reason with people, he goes full buttblasted mode and starts attacking his own people

great job, assmongler. you're doing an excellent job representing your own board
>>
It's a good site. It gives people a general idea of acceptable games. Especially on /v/ people find positive things in any horrible game as long it's japanese, so it wouldn't work any other way.
>>
>>244943078
Please respond, I really do want to get 100 more coins for the rewards but already exhausted most of the main first party 3ds games, besides 3d land but i heard thats short
>>244946443
Really? That's stupid, well somewhat related but i was thinking of getting X-X2 HD but I remember when it first came out, it was only babby's first FF who liked it, at least according to my friend
>>
File: 1358981648149.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1358981648149.gif
174KB, 299x240px
No one wants to maintain the lists because that requires actual work instead of just shitposting

On another note:
>This fucking thread
I can't even hold all this summer
Keep it up
>>
>>244942376
Prove it
>>
the list should not contain games that /v/ does not have a good agree/hate ratio. In the 3DS side of things, Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are prime examples of this.
>>
>>244948106
>reasoning with /v/
What, you think I haven't before?
I lost track of how many times I observed the same rehashed shit arguments in the other /v/wiki threads long after I've proven them false.
Reasoning with /v/ is a waste of time because they'd rather believe the rehashed lie instead of the truth, because its "fun".
Are you really so surprised? This is the same board that posts the same retarded nintendo-based non-vidya threads daily, such as "sing a song for rosalina".
>>
>>244949223
>/v/ does not have a good agree/hate ratio.
Are you saying games /v/ doesn't agree are good, or ones there isn't consensus on?
>>
File: thx op i cum on cat.png (29KB, 333x517px) Image search: [Google]
thx op i cum on cat.png
29KB, 333x517px
>>244940084
>>244938781
>>244938690
If they want to know /v/'s opinion on something they should fucking lurk moar and learn to differentiate between genuine opinions and flamebait posts, or at the very least say something like "___ discussion thread" instead of outright asking.
>>
>>244949392
yeah, if you can't deal with /v/ you should not be taking care of something that represents /v/. You're only making yourself look like a fool
>>
>>244949223
I hate Luigi's Mansion 2 and Dream Team but they would end up in the wiki anyway. Same with the two games you named.
>>
>>244949654
In the case of FE:A, you just need to ask in the Fire Emblem General if its a good game. Same with SMT.
I don't think I saw anyone defend Luigi's Mansion and Dream Team
>>
>>244948106
On top of that, instead of just bitching about the wiki, why not fix it or at least add messages on the discussion pages to let others know what you want added or removed?
NAH FUCK THAT I'LL JUST CALL HIM AN ASSMONGLER TEEHEE
Great job.
>>
>>244949646
>you you you
So when are YOU going to make things better then? You know what to do. You represent /v/, so you can make things all better. Right?
>>
>>244950093
Yes, I can do better than you. Give me admin access and I'll make that shit better. For starters, I won't bitch about /v/ not liking me enough.
>>
>>244950329
You don't need admin access to edit pages.
>>
>>244950445
but I need admin access to kick people like you, that aren't doing their job of researching shit and just keep crying about it on /v/
>>
>>244935532
Shit list, it got taken over by reddit and underage mods who delete any change they don't personally agree with
>>
>>244950561
>researching shit
Such as?
>kick people
So what about the pages and content?
>>
>>244950445
So what exactly does an admin do
>>
This fucker used to desperately make threads to "vote" games off the wiki and nobody ever participated. Just rename it to /vg/ wiki already you fucking faggot. Either that or delete it. /v/ would like it purged and start fresh, doing otherwise is the opposite of representing /v/.
>>
>>244950692
Mostly bans unauthorized shilling such as the r4gold adspambots and deletes cp and pictures of naked black guys with their dicks erect.
Eveything else can be done by any users, including the anonymous ones.
>>
>>244950686
such as
>>244949654
>>244949913
>>244949223

>>kick people
>So what about the pages and content?

>>244950660
>>
>>244935532
Isn't this just reddit recommended games? I thought /v/ stopped giving a shit about it and reddit started to filter out everything but shit games
>>
>>244950841
>start fresh
That's already been done at least 3 times now.
>>
>>244950982
>Eveything else can be done by any users, including the anonymous ones.
Except uploading images, which didn't work last time I tried. I was asked to make an account
>>
>>244951036
That's everyone's job.
You think only the admins can edit pages?
>>
>>244951123
Give me the date of the most recent time the wiki was blanked.
>>
>>244951216
Okay then, almost anything.
I personally did not know that.
That said, what's wrong with making an account? Nobody knows who you are anyways.
>>
>>244951240
But someone has to moderate these edits, if don't anyone from the internet can edit. that'sa why wikipedia has mods
>>
>>244951305
Never happened. However, the other wikis made don't count as starting fresh?
Are you saying you want to just retype amd reformat everyhing and resubmit and resize pictures and refind weblinks?
>>
>>244951581
SUCK
MY
DICK
BITCH
>>
>>244950841
>/v/ would like it purged and start fresh
>>244951123
>already been done at least 3 times
>>244951581
>Never happened

FUCK OFF YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>244951538
Anyone from the internet can come to /v/. As long as you don't do anything stupid like erase the entire ps3 page with LOL NO GAEMS, nobody cares.
>>
>>244951581
>muh entries and all muh friends entries will be gone
>all that time wasted for nothing
>abloobloobloo
>>
>>244951367
>Nobody knows who you are anyways
I could say the same for remaining anonymous. it just strikes me as odd that the wiki requires an account for images specifically
>>
>>244951951
The other wikis don't count as starting fresh.
At all?
You just want to do a hostile takeover just so you can have the actual url?
>>
File: v masterpiecesRevision4_1.jpg (1MB, 2004x2742px) Image search: [Google]
v masterpiecesRevision4_1.jpg
1MB, 2004x2742px
>>244950093
When I was compiling this keyword being WAS, shit's massively outdated now pls no use, I made threads asking for suggestions on additions or removals with a short reason as to why. I'd then save the threads before they 404'd, go over it and do what I could to cut out the bullshit, and implement the remaining suggestions for the next version. I'd then wait a few weeks and make a new thread with the revised version as the OP pic.

What you could do is one of the following:
1) Make threads asking for suggestions on what to cut
2) Add headers STRONGLY encouraging users to discuss possible additions or deletions in the talk sections
3) Add a link to a strawpoll beside each entry allowing users to vote on whether to keep or can it
4) implement a voting system similar to the one used in the most recent /v/gas don't ask me how you'd implement it, I don't fucking know. I'm just throwing shit out there because you can't be fucked to use your brain to come up with a creative solution on your own.
>>
>>244952187
It's not odd, it's reddit.
>>
>>244935532
why does the same thread keep getting remade?
>>
>>244952234
Did I specify any other wiki? No, I said purge all entries and start fresh. Either that or rename it, anything else and you aren't representing /v/.
>>
>>244952023
Nobody cares, you say? It seems people here care about that, because you're not doing a good job noticing /v/'s opinion about things.

It's you who doesn't care
>>
File: WiiUfanboyism.jpg (739KB, 1109x2811px) Image search: [Google]
WiiUfanboyism.jpg
739KB, 1109x2811px
>>244943471
Yea. Here is one I made for more personal use. Generals on /vg/ should have some like this.
>>
>>244952302
I say it's odd because nothing else in the wiki requires an account
>>
>>244952128
>don't even understand the argument
Remind me again why you want to regather and retype all the resources available to you when you don't need to.
>>244952187
I have no idea myself. I suppose its one of those retarded wikia-based preventative measures like not having monobook be the standard editting procedure.
>>
File: PS4fanboyism1.jpg (727KB, 1109x3212px) Image search: [Google]
PS4fanboyism1.jpg
727KB, 1109x3212px
>>244952612
Still working on 3DS chart
>>
>>244952610
Oh he cares, not enough to do anything about it though. Just enough to desperately cling to the idea that his wiki represents the opinions of /v/.
>>
>>244952708
>retype all the resources
We wouldn't though, we would type our own shit about actual vidya. Most of the resources are for shit and would be gone forever.
>>
>>244952237
>1
did it already, /v/ didn't bother assisting
>2
Already there
>3 and 4
A waste of time because despite voting being a decent idea, the whole point of using the wikia system is that anything can come and go, not stay as a matter of permanence. Besides, that's just as bad as where we are now while also being far more tedious and time consuming and open to ip-swap vote stuffing.
>>
>>244952612
>WiiFitU
Come on, are you making these to rec games or market them?
>>
File: 1391817928401.jpg (106KB, 840x699px) Image search: [Google]
1391817928401.jpg
106KB, 840x699px
>>244936508
Oh fuck I was one of the guys who volunteered and said they would fix it up, but I totally forgot a week later. Damn it why did I even volunteer in the first place, I'm a huge flake who can't get anything done.

Sorry guys
>>
>>244953214
>did it already, /v/ didn't bother assisting
We did though, we said purge it all.
>>
>>244946458
just leave 4chan already you fucking retard holy shit
>>
>>244953305
Wii Fit U was fun. I'd still be playing it if I had room in my house to walk around. The Wii Fit Meter is pretty damn nifty, too.
>>
>>244953305
Once again, personal use for the most part. I think Wii Fit is delightful.
>>
>all those garbage games on the wii u list
>no DK
>two sonic games

lel
>>
File: Ruby_meme[1].png (53KB, 741x592px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_meme[1].png
53KB, 741x592px
>>244935909
Not that I expect anyone will give a shit about the truth, but the owner of vsrecommendedgames wiki is actually an ancient fa/tg/uy. I talked to him once like 5 years ago. He likes furry transformation forum roleplay lel.
But knowing /v/, this post will be overlooked and misinformation will be mindlessly repeated by a bunch of chattering, lobotomized chimps.
>>
>>244953895
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is awesome
>>
>>244952426
Because purging everything helps how again?
>>244952610
Way to take things out of context.
If people did care, they would change them or take them off. Judging by this thread, this is the case, especially when anons like you would rather bitch at me than clean the messes you collectively made.
>>244953154
Humor me for a moment.
Copy and paste the entry for super mario bros. 3 exactly as it is. Then, in the same post, make your own sample entry, using your own formating, column groups (genre, description, etc.) without using the descriptiom on the wiki as a basis for your words.
This will determine if we go through with a purge or not.
>>
>>244954132
>clean the messes you collectively made

you're still in denail about who made the mess in the first place, bro
>>
>>244953913
Kotep told you about that, eh? I guess he really doesn't care. And yeah, he said it was corruption of champions.
>ancient
He's actually younger than me by a few years.
>>
File: 1392634828700.jpg (265KB, 379x409px) Image search: [Google]
1392634828700.jpg
265KB, 379x409px
>>244953913
owner =/= sole contributor and arbiter of what gets onto it.

Since most people can edit it and he doesn't have the time to check every edit it is in effect edited by and for redditors, no one said the guy who owned it was one.
>>
>>244954350
And who was that again?
>>
>>244954132
>Because purging everything helps how again?
Its the only way once there's been an infection.
>determine if we go through with
Why would I trust you?
>>
>>244954716
Why should anyone trust you, then?
That's the point of a wikia.
Go ahead though, I want to see what this great post-wiki-saving purge era will look like.
>>
>>244954568
Ancient by 2014 /v/ standards
>>
>>244954619
>no one said the guy who owned it was one
Except they did.
>>
>>244935532
Reddit got ahold of it, so no.
>>
>>244954915
If you put it that way, I guess so.
>>
>>244954708
whoever keeps ignoring /v/s opinion on things and keepsbrying about /v/ not hearing enough
>>
>>244952237
Half Life 2 over the original? No way.
>>
>>244955093
so, /v/ then.
>>
>>244955086
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure at least 50% of /tg/ from 2008 and before has done furry ERP. I know I have. I used to read yiffstar on my psp every night when I was in the 5th grade.
>>
>>244953913
So somebody from another board maintains a list of reddits favorite games. Wow I feel so much better now.
>>
>>244954984
The anon said "It is maintained by redditors", how does that translate into "The owner is a redditor".
>>
>>244955235
/v/'s not organizing the wiki

/v/ couldn't care less about the wiki if you keep shitting on it
>>
>>244954871
So your entries are worth more to you than integrity? You are pathetic.
>>
>>244955267
I'm talking about these threads in general.
And wouldn't the ownerbe involved in maintaining and running a wikia of all things?
>>
>>244955440
I'm still waiting. I asked if you could do it. /v/ said they could purge it and make it better. You mean to say I can't even bear witness to a sample of what's to come?
>>
>>244955652
Okay, lets put your name up there because you are the one running the show. !sZ3Mm7Qy6k's recommended games wiki. Has a nice ring to it dontcha think?
>>
>>244955440
Also, how many entries do you think I've even personally made on the wiki?
Not even half, I guarantee you.
All I'd do is speed up the process of tearing things apart in a purge. You lot could have editted and deleted everything, then rebuilt it and made it better by now, so why haven't you?
>>
>>244955652
I can do it, but for it to happen, I need admin access to ban crying pieces of shit like you

you clearly has no conditions to represent /v/
>>
>>244955924
You seriously can't make a description and formatting for Super Mario Bros. 3?
>>
>>244955965
Last time we organized and deleted stuff we all got banned you gigantic fucking faggot. If you don't have a personal investment in any entries then just delete them all. Overnight /v/ would stop claiming its a reddit site.
>>
>>244935532
i don't play games i own games OP i own you...
>>
>>244956078
>I need admin access to change pages
We've already been over this.
On top of that, when do you think I even last editted the /v/ wiki or even affected and of its users?
>>
>>244956102
Why do we need a description, put a bullet point under it that says platformer.
>>
>>244935532

I see it updated once in awhile. It's mostly new stuff that gets updated. It's nice if you need random recommendations but as a collectfag I typically just use wikipedia or the index of gamefaqs to find info on anything I may have missed
>>
>>244956137
Well, am I stopping you or have I been stopping you for the past 6 months?
Are you really that scared of a ban? What happened to all your proxy wizardry?
>>
>>244956078
>I need admin access to BAN crying pieces of shit
>>244956303
>waaaah
>>
>>244956303
Are you still member of the wiki? Yes? So no, I'm not over this. This kind of bickering does not contribute for any project and just makes the team look like dicks
>>
>>244954117
It's even more awesome on PC :^)
>>
Why do we want a wiki when image lists are far superior?
>>
>>244935532
Where's the list of /v/'s essential GOAT first person shooters?
>>
>>244956309
Why would you recommend it? Why would you put a bullet point under as opposed to aside in its own category so its easily sortable with the click of a button? Is there a picture of the box or a screenshot?
>>
>>244956547
of course, but the WiiU port is awesome enough on its own merit
compare that with the 3DS version
>>
>>244956565
We don't, but we used to. This faggot can't deal with the fact that his site is mislabeled and useless.
>>
>>244956691
Seems pretty useful for making you post about it.
>>
>>244956523
>a member
What, do you have to pay 10 bux to get in or something?
>>
>>244956667
Oh I'm sorry, were we still making the !sZ3Mm7Qy6k's recommended games wiki?
>>
>>244956930
You and your attitude are part of the Wiki's problem. If I was the admin, you were banned from editing due to how much you cry over nothing and doesn't do anything but cry
>>
>>244956818
>this is the faggot in charge of improving it
This shit is fucking DEAD
>>
>>244938020
>If you want to know if a game is good or not you should ask /v/

i bet you listen to /v/. i bet you actually, literally dont play games
>>
>>244957080
So what do you do when someone else decides to add any of that stuff in?
Ban them?
>>
>>244957124
Why don't you make your own wiki and be admin of that?
>>
>>244957241
well, it seems that is what people are doing when stuff gets deleted.
>>
>>244957241
Edit war faget. Do you even into /v/? If the autist is adamant that his shit game be on there then make misspelled entries next to his shitting on him and his shit game.
>>
>>244957337
that's your solution? Instead of realizing you're wrong, you'd rather have everything burned down?
>>
>>244957361
Yeah, but what would YOU do if someone added that stuff in?
>>
>>244957438
I don't think that's happening anymore
>>
>>244957474
I'd research about it. If /v/ hates it, I'd delete it.
>>
>>244957337
Why don't you make YOUR own wiki instead of desperately clinging to /v/.
>>
>>244957452
Isn't that what /v/ wants?
>>244957408
So what about if someome wants to add a new game or change something else in the middle of the edit war, but can't because things sre contstamtly being changed back and forth?
>>
>>244957576
And if /v/ likes it, would you go out of your way to do the same for any and all other entries or let /v/ do it themselves?
>>
File: FPS tier .jpg (3MB, 2934x2352px) Image search: [Google]
FPS tier .jpg
3MB, 2934x2352px
>>244956569
>>
>>244957731
There would never be reverts, just edits of edits of edits.
>>
>>244957925
based anon, weird this isn't on the wiki? there isn't even a FPS section in the specialty list
>>
>>244957731
/v/ wants a good wiki. You're carring the /v/s name without doing shit
>>
>>244957612
What would I do that for? I don't feel any sort of need to start over and gain a position of my own personal wiki.
>>
>>244957890
if there's any kind of dispute, yes. That's why wiki mods exists in the first place
>>
>>244957890
Well the poster you are discussing with never implied that he would be site staff, so he would be /v/.
>>
>>244957925
>Singularity in Good Tier
I'm okay with this! Wooo!
>>
>>244958020
Are you doing anything? It's your wiki, too. You can help if you want to.
>>244957983
You say that, but reverts can be done by non-admin users, and on top of that, the states of past pages can be copy-pasted without even using the revert functions.
>>
It was taken over by Reddit ages ago. There's plenty of shit in there /v/ actively hates, like pretty much all of the CoDs.
>>
>>244958357
Why don't you just delete them if they botber you so much?
>>
>list of every single game available for every system: the wiki

No thanks.
>>
>>244958327
Then disable reverts, and copy pasta is a thing that we are all aware of. What was your point again?
>>
>>244957925
Why is Turok in bottom shit tier?
>>
File: Stealth Tier.png (1MB, 1694x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth Tier.png
1MB, 1694x1254px
>>244958004
does any one have that action/ hack n slash list? haven't seen it in a while.
>>
The fact that there's a recommended page for Ouya shows how shit this wiki has become.
>>
>>244958327
there's no point of working in a site that has someone like you shitting on it all the time.

if the site's admin guarantees some significant changes, including your ban for being such a crybaby, I'd contribute to it
>>
>>244958686
>disable reverts
Wouldn't that stop /v/ from using thr site how they please?
>>
>>244958582
I don't give a shit about the wiki, I make my own game evaluations. Last time I checked it was run by Redditors anyway so they'd probably just change it back.

I was just answering OP's question tripfaggot.
>>
>>244958860
So, you want to complain about things and not even do any work yourself out of fear of some boogeyman ban that you can easily jump around?
>>
>>244958726
Not only Ouya has a page, but Sonic 4 is on that list. And Sonic CD is not.
>>
This wiki is actually good. Not really representative of what games /v/ actually plays though. Disappointing for multiplayer games.
>>
>>244959164
You can always change that.
>>
>>244959080
"boogeyman" is something that do not exist. shitty mods do exist in the wiki
>>
>>244959225
>disappointing for multiplayer games
You can always change that.
>>
>>244958582
Last time we did that we all got banned and pages got locked down. Are you giving us permission now to raze the site?
>>
>>244959237
Yeah, sure, I'll change the Ouya page right now to better represent /v/'s opinion on it.

Oh wait, the Ouya's page is protected!
>>
>>244959237
The thing is, i shouldn't have to change. Nobody should ever consider putting Sonic 4 in a list of "best games"
>>
The main pages are mostly updated by Reddit.

The side pages, like the H-games page, are still decent though, but rarely updated.
>>
>>244959314
And that's going to stop you how exactly? /v/ itself has mods, yet we have people post non-vidya stuff all the time. If they can dance around mods, why can't you?
>>
>>244959357
Every page is protected.

Do you even check your own wiki, you retard?
>>
>>244959586
Words can't describe what collosal faggots you and your cronies are.

You are an embarrassment.
>>
>>244959718
They did this the last time we tried to take back the wiki.
>>
>>244959463
Evidently, /v/ did.
>>244959408
Why are you going to raze it? Didn't you want to purge it and start over with better formats, layouts, and descriptions? Is that not what was being discussed in this thread?
>>
>>244959785
/v/ didn't, because the site is run by redditors. This wiki doesn't represent /v/'s opinion on anything.
>>
>>244959763
I'm an embarassmeet because you can't change your IP?
>>
>you can change that
>all the pages are protected
Oh wow
>>
>>244959938
No, because you're an autistic shitbag that spent the whole thread lying, dodging and whining about a shitty wiki that became shit because of your involvement.
>>
>>244959785
No, purge means remove all content. Nobody cares about format layout or descriptions. We want a list of only non shit games that are highly recommended by /v/. That means a very small list.
>>
Isn't the whole point of this board to warn fellow anons about shit games?

Because that wiki ain't helping.
>>
>>244960048
Then why don't you just make a list in word?
>>
>>244960261
Why don't you just suck a dick.
>>
>>244960038
In your words: What did I do to make it shit exactly?
>>
>>244960394
Will that make a good list of games?
>>
>>244960502
Considering you're doing it right now, I don't think so.
>>
>>244957925
>Opposing Force in God Tier

AHAHAHAHA

This is not a very prestigious list.
>>
>>244960401
Not killing yourself when you had the chance.
>>
>Ouya page is locked

Haah waaw
>>
>page is locked
How can I contribute to the reddit wiki?
>page is locked
>page is locked
>page is locked
>page is locked
>>
>>244960597
When was that?
>>
>>244960946
A minute ago.

C'mon brah, all it takes is one little cut.
>>
>page is locked
>page is locked

When will it end
>>
>>244961203
Gotta protect those reddit opinions. No /v/ allowed on /v/'s recommended games wiki.
>>
>>244957925
Is System Shock or Deus Ex qualified to be in a FPS list?
>>
>>244957925
>1.6 > GO > Source

really?
>>
>>244961546
I'd say they're both lend themselves more to RPG than anything. The aiming mechanic in Deus Ex from what I remember made no sense at all.
>>
>>244960401
nothing. you did nothing. you're sitting here, crying because nobody cares about your wiki.
>>
Funny how the tripfaggot disappeared as soon as he realized that you can't change any of the pages.
>>
>>244935532
It's honestly not that bad.
>>
>>244961949
NOTHING
HE DID NOTHING
>>
>>244961949
this is just perfect.
can anyone do a decent screencap of this thread?
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHA.png (81KB, 913x534px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHA.png
81KB, 913x534px
So much for "anyone can contribute"
>>
>>244935532
>Going to reddit disguised as 4chan
>Listening to 4chan
>>
>the ps4 page is locked
>only has three games on it

>xbone is locked
>JUST A STUB

>all those pages that's just a stub

haah waaw
>>
Where did the tripfags go?
>>
>he locks it for free
>>
so, what's the site that's taking place of /v/'s foolz? I need to keep this shit for posterity
>>
The only way to get good recommendation in this place is to run a 3x3 favorite thread.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.