[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Yuri Discussion Thread: Do You Hear the Idols Sing? Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 50

File: IdolsLeadingThePeople.jpg (244KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IdolsLeadingThePeople.jpg
244KB, 1280x1280px
Previous thread: >>2413037

This thread is for:
*Screenshots, pages, and discussion about general series, current or old, not covered by an existing thread, be it yuri, fanservice, subtext or goggles. Canon and non-canon both welcome.
*News reports about things relevant to our interest
*Original content that doesn't fit any specific thread topics
*Pretty much anything that doesn't have or need its own thread.
>>
You and that other guy are proving that idolfags are just retarded. Idolshit and yuri aren't the same thing. What's so fucking yuri about that pic anyway?

Someone was gracious enough to make a thread to contain your idol autism. >>2418095
>>
K-On won't be in Kirara, yeah?
>>
>>2418340
Not the OP, but you seem to be just a bad as the people you're talking about. Does it really matter what image is used in the OP? I think not. Also "yuri" doesn't have on universally agreed on definition thus idol anime can be yuri to some (like the OP) and not to others (like you).
>>
>>2418578
There's supposedly more represented series than the eight currently announced (eg. Kill Me Baby), though the fact K-On! ended quite a while ago probably means they're not likely to show up.
>>
>>2418643
So something like Yuyushiki lasted longer than K-On?

Sometimes I almost wish Kakifly didn't go through whatever he went through when he decided to stop drawing K-On.
>>
Is the PV uploaded anywhere yet?
>>
>>2418578
>>2418643
Is this that video game? Link pls.
>>
File: Feels bad sis.png (150KB, 464x466px) Image search: [Google]
Feels bad sis.png
150KB, 464x466px
I will post this in every general thread until Bocchi gets an anime.
>>
>>2418754
I'm with you.
>>
>>2418744
Kirara Fantasia isn't out yet.
>>
>>2418754
You didn't post it in the previous thread, you hack fraud.
>>
File: 1450349871742.jpg (140KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
1450349871742.jpg
140KB, 850x567px
I like comfy and cute yuri as much as anyone here but I seriously need more military/action-oriented stuff as well
>>
>>2418868
I'm with you. I like seeing girls being cute together but add in some gun-fights and they're instant favourites.
>>
File: 1496438525599.png (57KB, 238x199px) Image search: [Google]
1496438525599.png
57KB, 238x199px
she has great taste
>>
File: 1502938420706.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1502938420706.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Went to a yuri panel at my con. Was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>2419090
Were there at least any cute albeit autistic lesbians?
>>
>>2419093
maybe one or 2 in the crowd. was hosted by some huge ass beta faggot and his wife. hearing him talk just make me cringe
>>
>>2419098
What did they even talk about?
>>
File: 1475177952158.jpg (72KB, 810x853px) Image search: [Google]
1475177952158.jpg
72KB, 810x853px
>>2419108
history of yuri.
then got into their opinions of yuri and honestly it was all just really entry level stuff. they mentioned classics and stuff and covered the big stuff. but they were just really cringey about it, like I get that they wanted to be funny and personable, but making dick jokes every 5 seconds or talking about how men ruin everything (when you're a fucking man, holy shit) just makes it a really stupid experience.

after i got home i really don't know what they talked about other than a brief overview of the history of yuri, and even that was really hit or miss and filled with stupid jokes that missed the entire purpose.
>>
File: Feels really bad sis.jpg (50KB, 608x466px) Image search: [Google]
Feels really bad sis.jpg
50KB, 608x466px
>>2418850
I post it in every general thread I see, if it gets deleted before then, I can't do it. Sorry, senpai.
>>
>>2419111
Sounds painful, you have my condolences anon
>>
>>2419098
Sounds horrible. What did he look like? DYEL with numale beard?

>>2419111
>how men ruin everything (when you're a fucking man, holy shit)
Well, don't they? I'd add that most women are foul too if I was him though. It's not like the absolute exists.
>>
File: DHqv_i4UIAAeuxB.jpg orig.jpg (217KB, 2640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DHqv_i4UIAAeuxB.jpg orig.jpg
217KB, 2640x480px
Dunno where else to post this.
>>
>>2419141
Basically looked like that.

And yeah I mean men ruin a lot of things, but saying
>OMG MEN ARE BUYING YURI AND SOME OF THE WRITERS TARGRT MEN BY PUTTING GRATUITOUS FAN SERVICE SCRNES LIKE SAKURA TRICK. MEN RUIN YURI!!
Is fucking stupid. If it was about men being the cause of yuri pairings turning straight or something id get it. But literally complaining that men are buying yuri is pathetic on multiple levels.

Like hell, the dude said girlfriends was stupid because the girls got changed together and touched each other cause "girls totally don't do anything like that! I'm a man, but my fantasies as a girl means I know more than that female mangaka about being female"

I'm probably being a sperg atm, I just waited an extra few hours to check out that panel and it was the dumbest thing I've been to in a long time.
>>
>>2419154
>OMG MEN ARE BUYING YURI AND SOME OF THE WRITERS TARGRT MEN BY PUTTING GRATUITOUS FAN SERVICE SCRNES LIKE SAKURA TRICK
Now that's pretty cucky. Sakura Trick isn't even lewd, it's really cutesy and romantic even though it's got the shonen label. The reason why it flopped in the first place is because it lacks subtext and fanservice stuff.

>Like hell, the dude said girlfriends was stupid because the girls got changed together and touched each other cause "girls totally don't do anything like that! I'm a man, but my fantasies as a girl means I know more than that female mangaka about being female"
Lol, it's some next level pathetic. I really feel bad for him.
>>
File: 1501351168677.gif (443KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501351168677.gif
443KB, 250x250px
>>2419150
Cute.
>>
>>2419154
>the dude said girlfriends was stupid because the girls got changed together and touched each other
How did you even sit through this crap, this guy sounds like a complete idiot
People who try to speak for others like that and are totally wrong annoy me to no end
>>
>>2419098
Did you try to, you know, be a cool onee-sama and lure those girls into your nest?
>>
>Thread deleted when the other was on Page 2
>Thread came back and stayed when the other was on Page 5
This has been pretty consistent for a while now, so I see a pattern. This will be the last time we see this kind of thread.

>>2418595
And just what do you know about yuri? Idolshit has always been a false hope for yuri ever since Idolmaster was born. It's the next worst thing for /u/ behind harem. Most idol/mobage series have self-inserts that are guys, something that /u/ condemns. Recent general threads have idol with little to no yuri in them. Idol and and harem may be okay to talk about but they definitely should NOT be the faces of this board. Glad someone made a containment thread for all the idol crap.
>>
>>2419212
>last time
Famous last words.
>>
>>2419178
He probably got lectured by his wife's son.
>>
I've been watching some non-yuri anime like UBW, Patlabor and Another recently, and got to thinking about how those shows go about depicting their straight main couples compared to the bane of /u/''s existence, implied yuri. It turns out there are lots of het relationships that get the exact same treatment (Shirou and Rin, originally from an eroge, shake hands at the end of their show), yet their fans don't seem to consider themselves particularly mistreated by the showrunners. Obviously they aren't the same thing because lesbianism is a taboo and there's all sorts of "more than friends, less than lovers" horseshit around, but might we still not learn something from that? Why should we be unsatisfied if series X heavily implies lesbianism without saying it out loud? Can we just not conclude it is in fact lesbianism and be done with it, without caring if it's technically "canon" or "subtext"?
>>
>>2419212
>Idolshit has always been a false hope for yuri
>LL
>>
>>2419279
That has been brought up on /u/ many times. Japan has a boner for only implied couples and never fully commit to it. Fuck you even have hetero couples calling themself "best friends". It is nothing unique to yuri.
>>
Has anyone read the Alice to Zouroku manga beyond the anime?
>>
Can /u/ recommend some non-lewd stuff to do while reading yuri manga with gf?
>>
>>2419279

No, people deserve better, the genre deserves better than that, I don't think the UBW comparison works either, because they did in fact fuck everything up with the whole censorship thing. My fave het romance series is White Album 2 and I can't imagine how awful it'd be if was watered down so everything was subtext.
>>
>>2419281
>you even have hetero couples calling themself "best friends"
For example?
>>
>>2419280
Not that anon but somehow I think some people here think that every other idolshit is as /u/ friendly as LL. And if they aren't, they should be.
>>
>>2419306
I'm not talking about outright romance anime, though, but something that's primary a different genre (fantasy, scifi, horror, idol, you name it) with some romance elements in it.
>>
>>2419279
While I agree sometimes het couples also got strung left and right by the author, what make them different from yuri cp is at least more often than not they got a very solid confirmation on the status of their relationship at the end. For yuri cp it never goes past the "best friend" on screen. NanoFate can live together and adapt a child together all they want but the show will never have them refer to each other as anything but bestfriend. Homura can be gay as fuck for Madoka but Madoka will just consider her a best friend...etc...
>>
>>2419279
While get couples do get that treatment sometimes. There's usually a confession of sorts or something to say that yes they're being shipped together and they're fucking. I.e. they get confirmation on screen that they're together. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but in yuri it's 1000x more prevalent
>>
>>2419390
Did you just assume that anon's gender?
>>
>>2419279
Nanofate doesn't have a VN that's more canon than the anime where Nanoha repeatedly fingerbangs Fate.

Also, you answered your own question right here:
>Obviously they aren't the same thing because lesbianism is a taboo and there's all sorts of "more than friends, less than lovers" horseshit around
Gay relationships need actual onscreen confirmation because otherwise it's extremely safe to assume they're not gay.
>>
>>2419405
>Gay relationships need actual onscreen confirmation because otherwise it's extremely safe to assume they're not gay.
That's my entire problem with this thing, specifically, "assume". Assume by who? Certainly not us. If it's people who dislike yuri, why should we care about what they think?
>>
>>2419382
it was a dude, made sure to talk about it plenty.
>>2419409
because 2 girls doing everything together and sleeping in the same bed are things normal friends do actually do.
but a guy and a girl doing everything together and sleeping in the same bed and always having physical contact is a pretty good hint they're a couple. of course there are exceptions but on a 99.9% case that's fact.
>>
>>2419409
Not all people are neatly divided into yurifag-yurihater categories. There are many people who only ship yuri that is canon enough, and thus if a work is too subtext, they won't produce fanart/doujin, thus the fandom gets smaller.

Case in point is Ninaryo, a prolific artist who got into yuri after being brainwashed by the glory of Valkyrie Drive.

Having more and more canon works will only work in everyone's favour, because of the domino effect. More fanworks -> bigger fandom -> new yuri fans -> new generation of creators for yuri game/anga-anime. Being satisfied with half-ass bones that the industry throw at us is pathetic. If you want something to grow, you have to demand and put pressure to change.
>>
>>2419423
But they do more romantic things than just sleeping together or doing things together.
>>
>triggering
So that's why you have to be polite and politically correct at all times near active nuclear missile silos!

>>2419405
>Gay relationships need actual onscreen confirmation because otherwise it's extremely safe to assume they're not gay.
What if the evidence is so overwhelming that even without confirmation not even the most deluded of individuals can reasonably back up an argument that two girls are NOT gay?
>>
File: 1484472322818.jpg (954KB, 1280x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1484472322818.jpg
954KB, 1280x1613px
>>2419426
sometimes, romance is debatable.
nanohafate? sure. its pretty much undeniable they're gay, but they're an exception as well.

a lower level example is love live, sure there's plenty of subtext, but its very much kept to friends level. long glances and blushing does not make it a romantic or a relationship thing. until someone straight up says eri is fingerbanging nozomi and maki takes nico to her penthouse for long physical checks you can very much say they're just friends and you have to force it into being gay.

subtext and shipping is fun and all, but its nice to have an undeniable "yeah these 2 are together". a het series will almost always have an ending where the MC and a random girl get together. even long running bullshit series like naruto and bleach have it like that. a subtext yuri series will almost always stay subtext, which is why people get annoyed with it.
>>
>>2419425
But subtext shows get way more fanworks than text shows. Almost all shows that are popular enough to get constantly rolling generals here are strictly subtext.

And frankly, whether a bunch of gaijin who pirate everything they watch are happy with what they get is of very little significance to the industry. This is more about how we choose to feel about those shows.
>>
>>2419425
Ninaryo did yuri long before Valkyrie Drive even existed.
>>
>>2419436
Of course stories with definite resolution will leave the readers feel more satisfied, whereas teases make them feel like there's an itch they need to scratch. The amount of fan mangas doesn't correlate with the fans' satisfaction of the work.
>>
>>2419433
>long glances and blushing does not make it a romantic or a relationship thing
That isn't something platonic friends do, so it is a romantic thing. You're the one deciding to treat it like nothing. Break the shell, Anon.
>>
>>2419430
>What if the evidence is so overwhelming that even without confirmation not even the most deluded of individuals can reasonably back up an argument that two girls are NOT gay?
Then it's just dumb. Who the fuck refers to their lover as their "best friend" in public? How can you make 26 episodes worth of anime and not have time for a 10 second kiss scene? There's literally no good reason to not explicitly confirm that two characters are together. Subtext is worse than hitler.
>>
>>2419451
People blush about a lot of things, its not an inherently romantic or attraction thing.
I blush when talking to people because I'm a spazz, it has nothing to do with attraction. Long glaces can be a multitude of things, they might just be staring absentmindedly and need a focal point.

Is it intended to be shippy? yeah, but does that make it really romantic? no. because these things don't mean all that much.
>>
>>2419466
The audience can tell wheter the blushing is romantic or not, the audience isn't stupid. Obviously in this case we're talking only about romantic blushing.
>>
>>2419522
The audience consists of multiple people.
If you read the nozomi blushing when eli stares at her as attraction that's fine. But someone else might read it as nozomi just being self conscious in general. (Not referring to a literal scene here)
people get tired of using their imagination for everything, if its based on how you personally interpret something then its no different than it not being a real story. and people here want stories that are actually yuri and not just your own headcanon trying to interpret every sign as a signal that they want to fuck.
>>
>>2419522
The problem with subtext shit is that they're ambiguous. People can't agree on whether it's romantic or platonic. You can make two girls blush ambiguously at each other for the whole anime, yet it'll become apparently platonic if in the final episode they smile happily at each other and say "you're my best friend." The one who declare BFF is unambiguously platonic, only the one who keep her mouth shut could continue being interpreted as gay.
>>
File: tumblr_nf3ozwoTbl1t6cepro1_1280.png (622KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf3ozwoTbl1t6cepro1_1280.png
622KB, 1280x720px
>>2419534
That's why context exists. In this case, it tells us that Nozomi is not the kind of person who would blush because of something like that.
>>
>>2419535
>The problem with subtext shit is that they're ambiguous.
No, the problem is that people don't understand the characters. Subtext involves knowing the character and inferring because while it might be played as "ambiguous" to viewers, there's intent there. Why do you think foreshadowing is a literary device?
>>
>>2419212
I never knew one General Thread counts as the face of the board.
>>
>>2419605
There are intentional subtext, and then there are empty fanservice that offer no substance but delusional idiots like you keep biting.
>>
File: 1485047591179.png (894KB, 820x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485047591179.png
894KB, 820x675px
Tamen De Gushi is not bad. However, I can't believe I am saying this, but I wish their relationship would have progressed a bit more after 140 chapters.
>>
>>2419612
Sorry you failed your Reading class anon.
>>
>>2419625
You're well on your way to become the next Mugino.
>>
>>2419600
>>2419605
Because if I had a dime for everytime a "subtext filled show" ends in literally stating its just platonic or ends in a het coupling I'd have enough money to animate my own god damn series.
>>
>>2419619
Rather than a chapter basis, it's more how long it's been releasing now. At this point I feel like we're waiting ages for scraps since each chapter is quite short.
>>
>>2419652
You're just watching the wrong shows.
>>
>>2419612
Why would you even think anyone is talking about fanservice when there is zero posts with fanservice in the whole discussion?
>>
>>2419652
So make those calls after the show has ended. If the writers are shitheads, they could just as easily have an unambiguous lesbian couple split in the last episode, say it was just practice and marry guys.
>>
File: DGz2ZqpXoAU6A_k.jpg (101KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
DGz2ZqpXoAU6A_k.jpg
101KB, 640x1136px
>>
File: DG1rMKbVwAADN_s.jpg (174KB, 890x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DG1rMKbVwAADN_s.jpg
174KB, 890x1200px
>>2419735
>>
I want a yuri Robocop, is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>2419789
And I want a yuri Kamen Rider. I'd settle for fanfiction but the Kamen Rider section is chock-full of OCs and self inserts.
>>
How would you feel about a yuri One Room? For context, the girls would be in love with a self-insert that is explicitly stated to be female but never talks and is always off-screen. Would it still even be yuri?
>>
>>2419874
No. It could just as easily be a space alien or a toaster.
>>
>>2419878
You could apply that reasoning to any yuri couple, on-screen or not. I also doubt that your opinion would change even if they had at least one shot of the self-insert's breasts.
>>
>>2419874
it'd be yuri, but personally i wouldn't care for it.
i stories of the relationship, and a blank literal selfinsert doesn't really get that.
>>
File: b33242171365f4dfc2a78c4517cfeaaa.jpg (186KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
b33242171365f4dfc2a78c4517cfeaaa.jpg
186KB, 768x1024px
>>2419789
Literally Koukaku no Pandora.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-04/shaft-magical-suite-prism-nana-anime-website-posts-2nd-ova/.120908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhyKm6WONG8
>>
File: img_193.jpg (374KB, 907x1280px) Image search: [Google]
img_193.jpg
374KB, 907x1280px
the thread is dead but here's the latest chapter of murcielago in kami-sama's tongue

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/OKjuekD4/file.html
>>
File: bite school.jpg (45KB, 351x499px) Image search: [Google]
bite school.jpg
45KB, 351x499px
saw this posted on that twitter tag

it's called School Bite (かみつき学園) and it's about vampire stuff

latest chapters get posted on nico, not sure how to find the older ones

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/28454?track=verticalwatch_cminfo3
>>
>>2420300
Why do I immediately thought of those 2 girls in that Danganronpa spinoff?
>>
>>2420300
>School Bite
Kamitsuki Gakuen is the name of the school, and is translated as God of the Moon High School. It is wordplay on kamitsuki, from a verb that means biting.

>latest chapters get posted on nico, not sure how to find the older ones
Those are the first 3 chapters. The latest is chapter 7, in Shounen Sirus.
>>
>>2420371
How has it been yuri wise?
>>
>>2420495
The vampirism is very sexual. There's a kind of NTR risk tension to it, but that seems to be serving to establish that Shizuku (the vampire protagonist) loves Ichigo (the human assigned as her partner) more than just vampirically desiring her. One vampire in particular, Minato, wants to get her fangs into Ichigo and Minato's human tries to tempt Shizuku to feed on her. Minato runs a club which is sort of the vampire equivalent of an orgy/swingers gathering where they feed on each other's humans. Shizuku was aroused but uncomfortable with joining.
>>
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bed_in
more of the adorable
>>
>>2419619
Feels like it's going nowhere, really and the author is focusing entirely on SoL. The whole confession scene might as well have never existed.
>>
>>2419619
This must be what it was like when Victorian elitists were complaining that Sherlock Holmes wasn't progressing faster during its 40 years of publication. A couple years and you get 140 chapters practically translated at the speed of the internet but you still whine like an idiot. Masterpieces don't create themselves overnight you dumb fuck.

>>2420658
If you can't see the way QT progressively gays it up with SJ more with every new chapter after the confession made her clam up because she is scared of intimacy then you are mentally unfit to read.
>>
>>2420714
Still, even Rome was built quicker than this. It's okay to enjoy something and still recognize that it's poorly written.
>>
>>2420722
Long after we are dead and buried Their Story will continue touching people's hearts because it is written competently and drawn with loving skill. I doubt any of /u/s will be lucky enough to have impacted so many lives in a positive way because of what we created in our brief lives, but if I can contribute anything to this world it should be this: you go right ahead and fuck yourself you big dummy.
>>
>>2419619
I kinda like the pacing of their relationship, it feels kinda realistic in it's own way.
>>
File: maracas!.jpg (55KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
maracas!.jpg
55KB, 450x328px
>Start wanting to watch El Cazador de la Bruja again, thanks to Princess Principal
>Feel like buying it since I never could in the past and it's one of those animus that's just dear to me
>The only options are affordable region locked DVDs from NA or super expensive Jap volumes

God fucking damn it. I saw a website that said a certain number of animus from NA can be played in Region 2 and El Cazador was on that list, is anyone able to confirm that it's possible? I really want it but I don't want to waste money on a slim hope from one website.
>>
>>2420771
>Region 2
eurofag?
>>
>>2420771
hilarious, isn't it? You literally want to give them money but they've got nothing to offer you -- and it's not like you can't watch the thing anyway...
>>
>>2420771
Your PC will read them regardless of region same with cheap DVD players.
>>
>>2420780
Yeah, UK.

>>2420782
Is that only when you change the disk drive's region settings? I'm computer illiterate so quite frankly I'm afraid of messing with my settings in case I cock it up somehow.
>>
>>2420785
>Is that only when you change the disk drive's region settings
No that's normal DVD player, cheap DVD players usually play everything because chinks don't give a shit, get yourself $20 Malta or Panasonic from ebay or whatever aliexpess is selling for the same price just check if it's all region and you won't need anything else.
>>
For some moment, I thought this is /csg/ instead of /u/ General

It's not a bad thing
>>
>>2420714
>>2420733
Calm down, anon.
>>
>>2420808
>csg/
CS Go? Confederate States General? Robert E. Lee?
>>
>>2420828
I almost never visit /g/ and never even opened a thread of the specific general but I assume he meant the chink shit general >>>/g/62256294
>>
File: 2016-09-08-858733.png (2MB, 1198x1443px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-08-858733.png
2MB, 1198x1443px
I came across a really cute artist. Not all her works are yuri and some het so I post a link instead.
http://e-shuushuu.net/search/results/?tags=133637
>>
>>2420495
>cut nails
>take off pantyhose
>"play with me"
>use her leg as a musical instrument
It's good.
>>
Why is Diakko the most appealing 2017 ship? It's more appealing than ships that bait harder like FineIzetta, PapiCoco or AngeCharlotte.
>>
>>2421112
It actually isn't for AngeCharlotte.
>>
>>2421112
It's a tad bit early to be calling AngeCharlotte bait though.

I think part of it is Diakko has Diana. I guarantee most people who ship Diakko have Diana high up on their favourite LWA character list even if Akko isn't up there. Plus both Diana and Akko have boatloads of character development together compared to the other witches and LWA is a series that's been around longer so it has more traction.
>>
Something you didn't know you needed
http://sai-zen-sen.jp/comics/twi4/kusanagi/
>>
>>2421112
Because Akko is perfect.
>>
File: DIa4rEpVoAAQ9NJ.jpg (41KB, 440x822px) Image search: [Google]
DIa4rEpVoAAQ9NJ.jpg
41KB, 440x822px
>>2421112
It isn't. It was appealing back when LWA was still an OVA, but honestly the show has done a huge disservice to Akko's character and the OVA that I just don't feel like shipping her with anyone.

And if you want to watch actual over the top bait you have to watch Symphogay. Pic related knocks all the ships you mention out of the water.
>>
>>2421112
Because Diana is Europ- I mean, gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 1000x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 1000x401px
>>2421112
I'll wait until PriPri end to conclude, but for now, AngePrincess is the most appealing ship of 2017, followed by Diakko. The anime basically destroyed Akko, and I'm only liking that ship because of how based Diana is.

You don't often get a devoted husbando who wield guns and kill men in cold blood like Ange.
>>
>>2421170
>husbando
>As whipped as as Izetta
>>
>>2421173
If you can't get a whipped husbando, you're a failure as a woman. Straight or gay.
>>
>>2421173
Are you implying that having a partner so devoted to you that they're whipped is a bad thing?
>>
>>2421112
>Diakko
You mean the ship from the most boring anime this year, with the added het-baiting to boot? No, not really.
>>
Unless the characters explicitly kiss or seriously declare their love for each other, the ships are bait. I respect something like CCS, which has an actual explicitly lesbian character, over spineless garbage like Symphogear, FlipFlappers, Izetta or even Nanoha. I don't see how they're any different from LWA or your average Precure seasons, and those are shows for little girls.

I'll give PriPri until the end, but I'm sure it will remain bait.
>>
>>2421170
>>2421173
>>2421175
>>2421176
I'm the OP of that comment and this made me realize that I just don't like power-balance ships. The whole "princess-female knight" dynamic doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
>>2421184
>CCS, which has an actual explicitly lesbian character
Who lost.

>spineless garbage like Symphogear, FlipFlappers, Izetta or even Nanoha
Who didn't, and in Nanoha's case from het source material.
>>
>>2421187
They also didn't win. The creators don't have the guts to actually explicitly make them lesbians. They're glorified Class-S.
>>
>>2421112
>FineIzetta, PapiCoco
>bait
>>
>>2421112
because it is 90% Fanon
people really like it when they can interpret what they feel like, even when the series have really nothing to offer.

Mai-hime, anyone?
>>
>>2421191
No kiss. No aishiteru. It's glorified Class S.
>>
>>2421193
I guess all hetero harems are just bait too?
>>
>>2421186
Just to check, are you watching Princess Principal?

And why like Diakko more then? Diana is perfect and is a master of magic while Akko is a bumbling idiot. They're that 'Perfect Student/Loser' dynamic which is more cliched than 'princess/knight' in yuri.
>>
>>2421184
>Unless the characters explicitly kiss or seriously declare their love for each other, the ships are bait.

So they all get boyfriends then?
>>
>>2421189
>>2421193
>glorified Class-S.
I like it when people misuse the term Class S for any subtext they don't like.

The irony is that having one half of a pairing go explicitly het is more like real "Class S" than anything you said.
>>
>>2421194
I don't watch hetero harems so I wouldn't know, but I watched that chuuni show from KyoAni and that's also spineless bait.

>>2421195
I didn't say anything about cliche, I was talking about the power-balance dynamic.
>>
>>2421112
I haven't finished the show yet, but I ship Ursula with Akko. Dianna is a cool lesbian, but the thought of Akko dominating a nervous sweaty older woman in bed is too good.
>>
>>2421196
>>2421197
He doesn't deserve a serious reply, just ignore.
>>
>>2421192
>Mai-Hime

Shiznat isn't quite the same though. Shizuru is openly in love with Natsuki and they had an ending which kept the possibility of a relationship open. That's not to say the fans didn't proceed to rule the ship, but what I mean is that the show itself did lend a hand to the ship's survival.
>>
>>2421192
Despite her morally ambiguous behaviour, Shizuru is explicitly lesbian. Unlike anyone from Symphogear or FlipFlappers.
>>
>>2421198
>power-balance dynamic

What does this mean exactly?
>>
>>2421203
>Unlike anyone from Symphogear or FlipFlappers.

I guess you did not watch the shows?
>>
>>2421192
Interpret what? Shizuru is canonically lesbian, raped the girl she liked on screen. And the writer confirm Natsuki turned down Takeda's confession and chose to date Shuzuru instead. It's one of the most glorious /u/ win of the millenia, together with KnM.
>>
>>2421205
I watched every single episode. I enjoy them, but I won't pretend they are beacons of yuri anime.
>>
>>2421204
The princess-female knight dynamic. Or the high-class-lady-maid dynamic. Or the anything of the sort. It's just not my taste and it's not a yuri-only thing.
>>
File: miku264.png (90KB, 292x250px) Image search: [Google]
miku264.png
90KB, 292x250px
>>2421203
>Unlike anyone from Symphogear
>>
>>2421205
That anon was right. Nobody in Symphogear or FliFla aishiteru'd their target of affection, whereas Shizuru did and even raped Natsuki, and they kissed.

Canon shows: Mai Hime, Kannazuki no Miko, Strawberry Panic, Valkyrie Drive
Subtext shows: Symphogears, FliFla, Izetta, PriPri, LWA, Marimite
Bait (a.k.a class S): Marimite, Hibikek
>>
>>2421207
>but I won't pretend they are beacons of yuri anime.

Nobody is saying that but you claim those girls are hetero.

>>2421212
No that anon is wrong. They claim it is all bait which implies all the girls are hetero.
>>
>>2421207
Flip Flappers goes out of its way to explicitly established Cocona as a lesbian. The episode with all the fake Papikas is the one that cements her as a lesbian who's also faithful to the original Papika when all she does is hang out with the fake boys as a friend. Yes, she does blush when she sees one of the boys in a wet shirt, but that's okay because her sexuality was in the process of getting nailed down, very few children understand their sexuality immediately and it can be confusing.
>>
>>2421208
Okay, but again are you watching Princess Principal?
>>
>>2421218
I watched up to episode 5. I'm probably going to finish it until after it finishes. I don't think the "they're actually the other but just pretending" would do much to change my own tastes about it, though.
>>
>>2421212
1. You missed a lot of recent canon shows
2. Marimite was not bait. Nobody got boyfriends/married in the end.
3. Bait does not equal Class S. Class S was a genre which died in the early 20th century. Most of Class S was bait, but there are no recent Class S works. I wish people stop using that term for god's sake.
>>
Euphonium was just a semi-autobiographical novel. The whole drama around it is so weird.
>>
>>2421219
Fair enough. What I take from it is that they are far more equal than what 'princess/knight' implies because of their backstories and their continuing characterisation. So in the end I just can't see it as a 'power-balance dynamic' like you describe.
>>
>>2421210
Yup, Miku from Symphogear is canon man. I think due to the fact that this was established all the way back in season 1, and with so much stuff (and ships) happening from then till now, it's quite easy to forget.
>>
>>2421220
>early 20th century
Makes me wonder which died first, if Class S or Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>2421226
Franz Ferdinand. Class S the genre died around the start of WW2.
>>
>>2421220
>3. Bait does not equal Class S. Class S was a genre which died in the early 20th century. Most of Class S was bait, but there are no recent Class S works. I wish people stop using that term for god's sake.

Curiously, Oreimo uses elements similar to those of class-S, that also can have as excuse to the incopetencia of the authors to write a decent end.

>>2421202
The problem is not that Shizuro is Lesbian or not, because Baka-test, Railgun or Nyaryko, also have a lesbian character and ruin it completely. The problem is that people interpret the couple as they want, the only thing that made the official statement is that they became a couple, because the real Anime did not have the balls to do it.

Mai-hime had bases, but LWA did not have anything, only interpretation convinced in the first two OVA's and that they gladly ignored what really happened in the real Anime and saw it in the way that suited them.

It had a real Het plan, but the people were noisy and the staff found out that "water gets wet" and they decided on the Het romance and threw last minute fanservice into the faces of the people and "Anime of the Year"

How do you consider when a female character is clearly in love with another woman? is not the central theme, but it's pretty obvious (unless you're an idiot)
>>
>>2421220
Marimite is as canon as Mai Hime. Sei is a lesbian, has an explicit if ill-fated romance with Shiori (although Mai Hime ended rather ill-fated for ShizNat too, until later materials and Mai Otome gave them an better resolution). The Marimite principal also had an explicit yuri relationship back in the day as well.
In the LNs up to where it was translated a couple years ago, Sei stays gay (goes kinda bit more butch with the haircut) at uni, gets strongly shipped with Kei but it wasn't resolved at the part of the series I was at. But Sei is always flirting with girls and never dudes for many LN volumes after the anime series ended.
>>
>>2421230
What are on earth are you talking about nee-san? I was only commenting on how Shiznat was more credible and canon compliant than Diakko so it wasn't fair to call it '90% fanon' like Diakko.
>>
Anything that needs you to read between the lines is subtext.

Anything that has a plausible platonic interpretation is subtext.

Anything that is lesbian-until-graduation is class S.

Anything that is possibly gay but turned into het is bait.

Learn the fucking definitions.
>>
I'm finding this debate about Little Witch Academia's and it's popularity interesting. I haven't been on here in forever, and while I hand-pick all my anime watching (Yuri and non-Yuri shows, but Yuri is a must), this title flew right under my radar.

I feel like there's a large boat I missed somewhere.
>>
>>2421240
>Anything that is lesbian-until-graduation is class S.
No, only things set when dating boys was scandalous and S relationships existed is S.

S is its own thing. It's not Marimite or Onii-sama e or really anything more than a few people on /u/ are likely to have actually read.
>>
>>2421244
It's basically the 300 vs Legion Wars all over again, except this one will be stalemated and hot forever.

>>2421246
It's prevalent in western works. So yeah, stuff few people on /u/ are likely to have actually read.
>>
>>2421250
>It's prevalent in western works. So yeah, stuff few people on /u/ are likely to have actually read.
No. It is not something that could have been in a Western work. This is the problem: too many people here think they know what S is, when they'e just ignorant of what it actually was.
>>
>>2421244
It wasn't really popular here in /u/ actually. People rarely talked about it outside its own thread, and when they do it's mostly just complaining about the het-baiting Trigger forced in the anime for god knows why.
>>
>>2421254
So, what is then? In more detail, that is.
>>
>>2421181
You speak of bait, but then you make posts like these.
>>
>>2421244
It really picked up because of the anime, especially the second cour, that only finished in June and also got onto Netflix. Before that it wasn't really noteworthy.
>>
>>2421244
honestly not worth it, people glorify it too much, but refuses to talk about their clear defects of things written on the route.
>>
>>2421280
This, might as well stick to fan material for that.
>>
>>2421284
You actually understood that?

It's a fun anime. It won't set your world on fire, but it looks good and has likable characters going on fun adventures.
>>
>>2421289
It's funny that some people say that it became "dark" like Madoka or something like that.
Even in parts that may be considered dark, it is fairly smooth, Precure in general to made things much darker.
>>
Since this is a thing again can someone who really knows jap explain to me the meaningful differences between suki and aishiteru? Because I feel like we used to want suki, but now people say that isn't enough and we need aishiteru, and the last time I heard that was between father-daughter. And I can't recall off the top of my head anywhere else I've heard it.

Seems like people here seem convinced the suki+"you and only you will do" in flipflap wasn't gay which seems really weird to me.
>>
>>2421316
Hello, I'm a weeb who will pretend to know what she's talking about. Suki is a casual way to say you like someone as a friend OR a casual way to say you love a family member or romantic partner. Aishiteru is a very serious declaration of love to a romantic partner.

I would also say suki is a more appropriate term for love for younger people to use, since they aren't fully matured and don't truly understand everything about love.
>>
>>2421319
They asked for somebody who knows what they're talking about, not somebody who can regurgitate what every weeb who pretends to know things could say.
>>
>>2421316
simple rule of thumb
suki = like
ai = love

the real question is the difference between koi and ai
>>
>>2421316
>>2421319
Doki Doki Precure did it
>>
>>2421316
Suki is normally used for romantic confessions, meaning romantic attraction. It's also used just saying you like something/someone.

Aishiteru is not specifically romantic, but it does involve more depth of feeling than suki (you can want to go out with someone before you'd say you love them).

In a context where it's not clear that suki is romantic, then aisiteru is no more romantic.
>>
>>2421323
No bully. She was just trying to be helpful.
>>
>>2421325
>simple rule of thumb
>suki = like
It's simple and it's wrong, suki can be either like or in love.
>>
>>2421329
like and love can often be synonymous, but if you're looking for an english equivalent suki = like.

just as like can imply romantic interest so can suki, but its usually not the same as love aka ai.
e.g. you wouldn't confess to someone saying you love them, you'd say you're interested or you like them.

its not perfect, but it works.

ai is also similar to love in that you don't typically say you love someone who isn't really close, like family or a long time lover.
>>
>>2421316
Isn't "aishiteru" corny as fuck to the japanese? Like the sort of thing you would only see on terrible love stories for housewives.

Fucking language getting on the way of my yuri.
>>
>>2421332
Wanting to find an English equivalent like that is an oversimplification. It leads to people underestimating the importance of love confessions using 好き.
>>
>>2421341
the wording usually isn't that important, its how it happens. you can very casually say suki to people.
>>
>>2421336
also statement of protection or stay together the rest of their lives, is also strong enough for them.
>>
>>2421348
that's a pretty big statement to make, tbf. I think it's nuance like that though that's the biggest cultural oversight a lot of readers make.
>>
>>2421181
This is the unpopular truth.
>>
I think it's also important to distinguish 大好き, but I've seen Japanese people sort of admit that it's hard to express feelings in their language. So context is probably the most important thing.
Confessions are king imo
>>
>>2421359
>unpopular truth
Please. That's what everyone on /u/ outside of the LWA general thinks. An actual unpopular truth would be that Andrew and Diana were basically the same character who had the same relationship with Akko. Saying that he ruined the show (it was still mediocre, but not because of him) is just a blatant overreaction.
>>
>>2421212
Too early to call PriPri subtext, and I wouldn't call FliFla and Izetta subtext.
>>
>>2421207
They are not beacon of yuri anime, but with the amount of subtext and main text they have its an insult to put LWA on the same level as them.

I would even argue that Symphogear has at least one lesbian (Miku), but if you dont want to see that its up to you.
>>
File: 1478047012617.jpg (141KB, 777x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1478047012617.jpg
141KB, 777x1211px
I like shipping the witches and all, but didn't the writers directly say they're not gay?
>>
>>2421591
Its another episode of LWA fags being obnoxious.
>>
File: 1489417413430.jpg (298KB, 1070x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1489417413430.jpg
298KB, 1070x1110px
>>2421592
I mean I'm not against it being talked about in a shipping sense as long as people do understand its all headcanon and thus don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>2421591
They say Akko and Andrew's relationship is "like that between two guys". She's a bro to him. Akko and Diana's relationship is "complicated"
>>
>>2421587
Miku being gay for Hibiki really can't be called subtext I think, with the songs being your innermost feelings and all and especially now that we know geahs are literally powered by love.

Another thing people forget though is Fine and Chris were torturefucking, so that's a thing.

And while I'm at it I'm sure if I looked at the lyrics for the gaybabies I could say that's beyond subtext too.
>>
File: 1491190995592.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491190995592.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>2421597
>subtext

though i do still consider symphogear subtext even if it is pretty out there. there's still no relationships outright stated thus its subtext.
>>
>>2421600
Subtext hints at something and you have to read into it to get it, but the affection between Shirabe and Kirika doesn't really allow for reading into it. I mean they sing a duet saying they love each other and should kiss.
>>
>>2421240
>Anything that is possibly gay but turned into het is bait.
That's bait and switch.

Your post is bait though.
>>
>>2421606
There's that and mikugear being powered by ai.

But until hibiki literally calls miku her girlfriend and or kisses her (or dmjii) I consider it very blatant subtext. Which is great, but you still have to read ever so slightly into it.
>>
File: gay.png (533KB, 1020x538px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
533KB, 1020x538px
>>2421600
I think the point is that while you can think of HibiMiku and DMJii relationship as subtext, Miku's love for Hibiki and DMJii's affection for each other are not. There is no reading between the lines when every season they feel compelled to shove their declaration of love into our faces.
The show as a whole can be considered subtext, because we don't know the nature of their relationships are romantic or not, but who needs confirmation when we have meme sub like this.

Though the actual line is not that far off, it's something along the line of "I want to feel her warmth"
>>
>>2421594
They also made the love bug episode. So much for just being 'bros'.
>>
>>2421556
Subtext doesn't mean "not actually gay, but you can think of them that way if you want". It means that you can infer that certain characters are meant to be gay, even if the show doesn't outright show them becoming a couple or doing things that only couples do (like kissing romantically, not just for plot reasons).

Most of /u/'s shows fall in that category (and there's nothing wrong with that). If Izetta had ended with the show showing us that the Archdyke and Izetta got secretly married, or even just kissed then I wouldn't call it a subtext show. But as it is, it's still subtext (even though it's very strong subtext). The same goes with FliFla (See: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7%E5%A5%BD%E3%81%8D)
>>
>>2421594
You guys might think I'm weird, but I honestly really like when a lesbian has a bro type relationship with a dude. Like with Mophead and SJ in Their Story, it can be cool sometimes.
>>
>>2421631
Bro tier dudes who just support the girl are great. One of the most underused things in yuri imo.
>>
>>2421630
This. When will idiots learn that "subtext" is not a dirty word, like "delusional"?
>>
>>2421630
>>2421637
I don't believe a kiss or getting married is necessary to stop being subtext, both shows were too blatant to still fall into that category, even with that.

The broomride scene alone won multiple yuri romantic competitions.
>>
>>2421642
>I don't believe a kiss or getting married is necessary to stop being subtext
Those aren't the only things I would put in that category, just the most obvious ones. Even a simple scene of Fine telling Izetta how much she loves (not likes) her would have been enough.

>The broomride scene alone won multiple yuri romantic competitions.
Sure, because it's a good yuri scene. Subtext doesn't mean 'not yuri'. Like I said, many of /u/'s fave shows fit in that category.
>>
>>2421642
>multiple yuri romantic competitions.
Really? There are contests like that?
>>
>>2421630
>>2421637
Subtext means "yuri that isn't offensive to greasy waifufags because it can be interpreted as not lesbian if you want to, as evident by the lack of deep intimacy".
>>
>>2421244
It's got its ups and downs storywise, but it's cute and fun and hella well-drawn. If a show where smiling and handholding saves the world sounds like something you'd enjoy, I'd give it a shot.
>>2421626
Huh? The only actual romance in that episode was the blond guy getting friendzoned by Lotte.
>>
>>2421665
Should just tell anon to watch the 2 OVA, ep 25 and be done with it anon. The ride there wasnt honestly worth it.
>>
>>2421662
It's not waifufags. They couldn't care less if their waifu was gay; they'll just convert her and her waifu for a threesome. Why do you think their are so many "lesbian" characters in harem anime? The real culprit's are purityfags who don't want the girls to have male or female love interests.

And personally, I don't mind purityfags seeing as how they actually have buying power.
>>
>>2421671
More importantly they also prevent male love intersts. A double edged sword, yet a necessary evil.
>>
>>2421669
Something tells me the finale will have less impact if you have no idea who this blue-haired bitch on a roomba is and what the deal is with the tree chick and so forth. And I can't in good conscience tell anon to skip stuff like the broom race and the journey through Sucy's subconscious and Constanze's mecha adventure.
>>
>>2421714
Oh well. But in hindsight LWA TV series has no rights to be so mediocre after how good the OVA was. Hell, even the Terio manga has far better character focus and much more fun adventures.

>>2421631
The idea certainly isn't bad. Point is Andrew was first built to be a romantic lead, and even though the idea was scraped you can still definitely see remnants of it in 6 and 10, since one of the writers was definitely very interested in the idea. Which in the end leads to his development being rather half-baked, i guess? Besides, Akko is not even a lesbian so that point is moot anyway.
>>
>>2421665
>Huh? The only actual romance in that episode was the blond guy getting friendzoned by Lotte.

Did you forget about rich boy getting stung by the love bee too? Maybe it's not "actual" romance, but it's still clearly het-pandering. While I didn't really mind him in his first appearance, that episode was when I put my foot down. Seriously, fuck Trigger. It's not a yuri-friendly anime when one half of the "main" pairing is involved in het subtext.
>>
>>2421739
>It's not a yuri-friendly anime when one half of the "main" pairing is involved in het subtext.
Kannazuki no Miko.
>>
>>2421739
Diana got stung to fall in love with herself, you think that was selfcest pandering? Heck, some random background character got stung to fall in love with a dog, and I don't think we're supposed to see bestiality subtext. Love potion shenanigans that never get followed up on aren't subtext, they're just shenanigans.
>>
>>2421593
Same. Can't all the obnoxious shippers go back to /a/?
>>
>>2421778
KnM was a serious yuri anime with the guy explicitly losing. LWA was not. It had no excuse adding anything het when the yuri there itself was only subtext.

>>2421786
We can call it het shenanigans if you prefer that term. Is there any other yuri-friendly shows with het shenanigans involving one half of the main pairing? I don't think so.
>>
>>2421798
The point isn't the name, sis, it's that it didn't exist (except, as mentioned, with friendzoned guy and Lotte). There was no more evidence of anything romantic between Akko and the guy than there was between Diana and Diana. In both cases all that happened was that someone acted in love when hit with the thing that magically makes people fall in love until a bee gets swatted.

I swear, anons here get their het goggles screwed on tighter than their yuri ones.
>>
>>2421786
>Diana got stung to fall in love with herself, you think that was selfcest pandering?
I wouldn't mind a doujin about Diana being European with Diana.
>>
>>2421812
Okay, maybe I should've used het-pandering instead of het subtext. Yes, there was no "romance", but the point is that kind of plot shouldn't even exist in the first place if it's an actual yuri-friendly show.
>>
>>2421818
I agree, but I'm just happy that they didn't go any further with that. I was dreading an Andrew x Akko end from his first appearance outside of the opening. It's honestly a good sign for us that they axed het romance after going that far.
>>
>>2421819
Trigger probably just got cold feet that time. I'll always be wary of them from now on, like Kyoani.
>>
>muh anti-yuri paranoia

Just fuck off. These discussions are pure cancer.
>>
>>2421841
Fuck off.
>>
>>2421850
They really are. Isn't there a LWA thread where you all can post this?
>>
>>2421850
Sorry but I am here to actual enjoy cute yuri and not shit onto every show.
>>
>>2421841
>>2421858
Eh. It's quite the point of this thread though. To talk about Yuri related stuff/discussion that would be OTT in all the other threads,
>>
>>2421861
>not shit onto every show
Only one show is being shit on now. And let's be honest, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>2421865
I do not see the point of discussing some raging autist calling every subtext girl hetero.
>>
>>2421871
What are you even talking about
>>
>>2421865
There is a LWA thread, so go argue there this thread is for topics not covered by other threads
>>
>>2421888
I guess a certain cancer whose name starts with A has forced other cancerous anon out of the thread and into different parts of the board.
>>
>>2418316
Do you hear the Idols sing?
Singing the songs of angry men?
It is the music of the people
Who will NOT be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!
>>
>>2421630
>The same goes with FliFla (See: daisuki

But they use daisuki and suki?
>>
>>2421924
It's only canon if there's on-screen fisting.
>>
>>2421861
Only LWA was being shit on at that moment though, if you actually actually followed the discussion. And it's at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to /u/ anyway.
>>
The writers explicitly stated LWA was not yuri. You're an idiot if you're reading the subtext as anything but baseless pandering to get you to buy shit. There might not be a het romance, but we have confirmation there isn't and there will never be a yuri one either.
>>
>>2421994
>The writers

Producer.
>>
>>2421945
Only if they explicitly say that said fisting is due to unambiguous romantic feelings, otherwise it's just another display of friendship they will remember with fondness once they both get married to men.
>>
>>2421657
>loves (not likes)
Why? Multiple hetero couples say like instead of love because love is too corny, why do you want the girls to be corny? Like gets the romantic point across.
>>
ITT: people don't understand what "subtext" means and foam at the mouth trying to prove how "obvious" their subtext ship is.
>>
>>2422021
I like corny yuri though.
>>
>>2421861
Why would you go into a general that runs counter to your purpose then?
>>
My girlfriend tells me eating pussy is vital for lesbian health, so she makes me eat her pussy at least 3 times a day saying she is doing it for my health. But is it true? What does lesbian science say about it?
>>
>>2422049
The more, the better.
>>
File: Drink.png (93KB, 192x220px) Image search: [Google]
Drink.png
93KB, 192x220px
>>2422049
Does she eat your pussy out this lavishly too? I want to know.
>>
>>2422065
No, but I have a pretty bad health in general and she says this is necessary for me get healthier. Although I don't understand why she tells me to eat her pussy in public sometimes when we can do that while at home.
>>
>>2422072
Because fresh air is good for you, of course.
>>
>>2422028
But they are really obvious, not "obvious", what's obvious is that you haven't watched any of their shows so you just want to disprove them.
>>
>>2422049
I've heard eating pussy causes cancer. Better be careful with that thing.
>>
>>2422098
Then again, the vast majority of everything causes cancer.
>>
>>2422098
I feel like my girlfriend would cry if I was to tell her that I can never eat her pussy again.
>>
>>2422049
Pussy isn't kosher, so I'll have to give it up for the high holy days soon.
>>
>>2422085
Since your brain can't fully comprehend the point, and you can't even goggle what "subtext" means, I'll do you a favour: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtext

In order to be canon yuri, the character's sexuality have to be main text. I.e. in-show admission of homosexuality (like Stopani or KnM) or writer's confirmation in interview (like Sailor Moon or Legend of Korra). Anything else fall under the territory of subtext, no matter how obvious it is. SUBTEXT IS NOT A MATTER TRUTH OR FALSE, understand?

Intelligence sure is rare these days.
>>
>>2422134
While the argument of the term subtext is wrong( you're correct) I think people just get confused because there are varying levels of subtext but not really a good term to describe it.
Some shows, like symphogear are very obvious and everyone can see they're gay. Other shows, like precure or even love live, are very vague and you have to have your goggles ready for it.

People just need a better word to describe the more vague stuff and stop using subtext.
>>
>>2422139
Or maybe people should just stop calling those girl "not gay" on /u/ and simply ignore shows they do not like.
>>
Sad that LWA became the Hibike of 2017. Screw you, Trigger.
>>
>>2422156
you can't really compare the two though, one was excessive baiting, LWA just wasn't ever really romantic.
>>
>>2422166
Hibike is yuribait, LWA is forced het.
>>
>>2422156
Oh fuck you.
>>
>>2422156
I would not go so far, Hibike is proudly bait, but LWA is more bad writing, they said that there would not be Yuri, but that did not stop them from hitting people in the face, their itencion was a generic Het romance, but things did not they worked and then they pulled out Yuri fanservice at the last minute and everyone was happy.
>>
LWA is extremely good imo.
>>
>>2422192
>they said

Wasn't it just the producer who was also responsible for Andrew?
>>
>>2422244
It's actually the opposite.

Yoshinari's initial vision was that Akko is the kind of girl who would fall for any ikemen. He also wants to have some variety (ie male character) in the cast, thus Andrew was created. One of the main writers for the show, Shimada, was also interested in developing a romance.
However, that idea got opposed by almost everyone from the staff including Producer because they feel like romance would overshadow Akko's love for magic and makes it feels like she is just working hard for Andrew. So in the end they shot down the romantic aspect of Akko and Andrew relationship. They still keep some remnant of it in ep 10 though, as a compromise for Shimada because Yoshinari likes that kind of wacky stuff. But in the end Yoshinari still likes the show as it is, I guess.

>>2422209
LWA is extremely mediocre imo. It's good if you want to pass time but I would not recommend it on /u/.
>>
>>2422260
>LWA is extremely mediocre imo. It's good if you want to pass time but I would not recommend it on /u/.
You have a terminal case of bad taste. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>2422261
You sound just like that Andrew fag constantly plaguing the /a/ lwa thread. Are you just that desperate for (You) that you have to come here?
>>
>>2422261
It's mediocre, it's westernbait at best, but it does not have much merit, really.
It is another Anime inflated by Hype, nothing more, if it were not for fanarts Yuri, would have been forgotten along with all the Animes that go out of fashion.
>>
>>2422098
Cures, not causes. It's an easy mixup, they're pretty similar words.

See, if you're eating pussy all the time you have better things (and people) to do than shitpost all the time, so you're not gonna be as cancerous as the typical anon. Science!
>>
>>2422021
Those hetero couples have other obvious ways of showing that they're a couple.

The problem with "like" instead of "love" is that the former is used for close friends and familial love as well, so there's still ambiguity.

Just to reiterate though, I'm not saying that subtext couples aren't yuri. Sometimes it's stupidly obvious that we're meant to know that two girls got together in the end, but they still don't just come out and say it.

For an infamous example,
>Epilogue showing what happened to the characters after the manga ended
>Girl A got married in year X
>Girl B got married in year X
>Here's an image of A and B dressed in traditional male and female wedding attire

You'd have to be dense to deny that's meant to be taken any other way than them being married to each other. But notice how even then they didn't just say
>Girl A and B got married to each other in year X
>>
>>2422297
>those hetero couples have other obvious ways of showing that they're a couple
>sometimes it's stupidly obvious that we're meant to know that two girls got together in the end
How is it obvious? Because they used the same ways to show it that the hetero couples use, which is how you can tell the "like" was romantic, the "like" doesn't come alone, it has a context, and can be seen as romantic if you know the context of the relationship between the girls.
>>
>>2422261
M8 the series could have held without the Andrew bullshit. All that crap did was assassinate Akko's character for no reason, and it did quite a number on Lotte's character too.

After the LWA OVAs, Inferno Cop and Kill la Kill Trigger was on a pedestal. After Luluco and the LWA series, not anymore.
>>
>>2422261
You have a terminal case of bad taste. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>2422170
>forced het
>het
There's no romance in LWA,
>>
>>2422301
Because het couples don't just rely on romantic context. For example we're outright told that Naruto married Hinata, and that they had a kid.
>>
File: 1487520823901.jpg (102KB, 475x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487520823901.jpg
102KB, 475x720px
Remember when /u/ was the yuri board not the complain about romances we don't like board?
>>
>>2422362
No
>>
>>2422362
No, fuck off.
>>
File: file.png (873KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
873KB, 1000x700px
>>2422362
nah, /u/ has always been shit, that's why I only come here periodically to save me some nice yuri pics, quickly consult if X game or series is yuri enough to amerit buying / watching and then I get the fuck out of this madhouse
>>
>>2422362
What are you talking about?
/u/ has always been full of bitching,
Before Homura it was Shizuru. Before Shizuru it was Chikane. Before Chikane it was the ending of Yamibou.
>>
>>2422368
I actually like that people argue about yuri like this here. But it's not for everyone, sure.
>>
File: 1498237860961.jpg (1MB, 1200x1733px) Image search: [Google]
1498237860961.jpg
1MB, 1200x1733px
>>2422368
Same, but I periodically make a thread about a niche anime that has semi-yuri potential so I can actually have a good discussion about it as opposed to the shitfest that is /a/.
>>
>>2422368
It's not even that bad, and even if it were it's still by far the best place to actually discuss stuff.
>>
>>2422368
It's not that bad. There is far less waifu-faggotry here than /a/ and when there isn't a hysteria fueled screaming match going on, which you have to actually seek to get it's quite civil in it's discussion and news. /u/'s problem is that because it's slow two autists having a bitch fit is more apparent than other boards.
>>
File: 1446743844096.png (505KB, 602x594px) Image search: [Google]
1446743844096.png
505KB, 602x594px
>>2422370
I was referring to the people talking about non-yuri romances not the subtext debate. If you want to complain about males or any relationships involving them, fuck off to /a/.
>>
File: S7qmK0f.jpg (698KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S7qmK0f.jpg
698KB, 1920x1080px
>>2422244
>>2422001
>Half of /u/ doesn't like Idolmaster because of the Producer-san self-insert
>Half of /u/ doesn't like LWA anime because of its producer's attempt at making het romance
I wish we have a lesbian version of the thinking emoji.
>>
>>2422396
Why do you care so much about it? If I were you, I'd care more about /a/ regularly complaining about yuri instead.
>>
File: n0apycBrvc1qf4bizo1_500.gif (923KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
n0apycBrvc1qf4bizo1_500.gif
923KB, 500x281px
Didn't you guys ever realize that >>2421112 was pure bait to begin with?
>>
>>2422413
Na, knowing his fans, that was said without any irony.
>>
>>2422407
Fuck yuri thinking emojis, we need more yuri "this is bait" images.
>>
>>2422413
Anons on /u/ literally go for any bait, no matter how obvious. I don't really get it. Must be some kind of compulsion.
>>
File: 1503558589702.jpg (44KB, 647x351px) Image search: [Google]
1503558589702.jpg
44KB, 647x351px
>>2422423
>>
File: 1480226128778.png (126KB, 721x691px) Image search: [Google]
1480226128778.png
126KB, 721x691px
>>2422423
>>2422434
>>
>>2418578
>>2418643
Unless they said that it'll only be current series, there's nothing stopping K-ON from being brought in.

They'll bring in K-ON if they want to make money.
>>
>>2422407
Uh... isn't Beato's voice box too big to be covered by that ribbon? Isn't that why she's always wearing dresses with high collars?
Oops?
>>
>>2422362
Chiya cheated on Kon though.
>>
File: akariehh.jpg (102KB, 411x416px) Image search: [Google]
akariehh.jpg
102KB, 411x416px
>>2422410
Because I hate males and heterosexuality so much that the mere thought of people discussing them on /u/ repulses me. This should be a yuri wonderland untainted by the very idea of a Y chromosome. Anyone who even utters the h-word should be cast out for being corrupted by that filth.
>>
>>2422459
>Anyone who even utters the h-word should be cast out for being corrupted by that filth.
Helicopter NO NO PLEASE I DIDN'T MEANT TO NOOOOOOOOO
>>
I just read Lemonade and wow, what a terrible fuckin manga. It's almost worth reading to see what a train wreck it is. I've never seen such a shoehorned ending in my entire life. Written an entire 4 years after the fact with practically no setup, amazing.
>>
We will need a new OP soon.
>>
>>2422540
It's only p. 2, stop making threads right away. That's not how it works on this board.
>>
>>2422543
It's bait. Just like the inevitable early thread will be bait, just like this one was. Problem is idiots keep posting in them anyway until there's no choice but to use them.
>>
>>2422439
With Omi doesn't count.
>>
File: 1483745797769.jpg (592KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483745797769.jpg
592KB, 1280x720px
>>2422407
>>
>>2422459
The lesbomatriarchy is real
/u/ will lynch me for being male
>>
File: Revolution.jpg (345KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Revolution.jpg
345KB, 1000x1000px
>>2418316
OP is from Live Revolt. Check out their music on Soundcloud as well as their 4koma and manga all linked down here.
https://liverevolt.jp/

"Arise ye workers from your slumbers
Arise ye prisoners of want
For reason in revolt now thunders
And at last ends the age of cant.
Away with all your superstitions
Servile masses arise, arise
We’ll change henceforth the old tradition
And spurn the dust to win the prize.

So comrades, come rally
And the last fight let us face
The Internationale unites the human race."
>>
>>2422594
Then again, it's not like the French royalty REALLY needed their heads, right?
>>
>>2422594
Leftist Idols?
Sasuga Nippon
>>
>>2422594
Vive la Comm/u/ne!
The wretched of the earth have nothing to lose but their heterosexuality.
>>
inb4 g/u/lag
>>
>>2422608
Technically they aren't Idols. They aren't described as such on the website.
>>
>>2422608
There was a series about that a season ago or so, wasn't it?
>>
File: 1474640551142.png (1MB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
1474640551142.png
1MB, 1000x995px
are there any good places just to post yuri and talk stupid bullshit other than /u/?

sometimes i just wanna spam cute images and talk about how great girls love is.
>>
>>2422662
/a/
/b/
/c/
/trash/
/v/
>>
File: 1478323666460.jpg (622KB, 1157x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1478323666460.jpg
622KB, 1157x1920px
>>2422664
/k/ then
>>
File: 1.png (358KB, 583x418px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
358KB, 583x418px
Have /u/ seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=RYnW6evXBeA
101 Lesbian Lovemaking Positions
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Zu8LMkspsrRTlOMlVFek1DUE0/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>2422662
/u/ is a lesbian supremacy board

>>2422666
>Mountain of empty plates
Golly gee nee-san
>>
>>2422723
>.exe
Not today.

Also, it looks like a rather small book. I am suddenly reminded of this one shroom guide I had and never used because this place doesn't have the suitable weather from shrooms.
>>
>>2422737
I was hesitant as well, but seem the uploader said it she tested it out on video to check for viruses.
>>
>>2422723
>>2422737

May I ask why would someone need this book?
>>
>>2422740
Ideas, experimentation with variations, adaptations to accomodate multiple partners, adaptations to accomodate size gap, possibilities are endless.
Also the Kamasutra is hopelessly het.
>>
>>2422743
But why would anyone on /u/ read it? There are no lesbians on /u/
>>
File: 1476193982083.jpg (35KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1476193982083.jpg
35KB, 760x760px
>>2422750
>>
>>2422594
I open the page and immediately see the
>¥5,000
Very """Revolt""" and """"""Rebellion"""""". Pretty bourgeois t b h.
>>
>>2422790
I remember there is a gulag version of your pic, senpai
>>
>>2422797
I've seen that version before but couldn't find it.
>>
>>2422762
Ah fail again
>>
File: gulag.jpg (48KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
gulag.jpg
48KB, 550x700px
>>2422797
Here nee-san
>>
>>2422762
I love this bait pic! It syncs very well with a /u/ theme.
>>
>>2422594
Is this about idols battling an oppressive dystopian government through song and dance? That would almost be amusing.
>>
>>2422594
sounds fun.
>>
>>2422904
Isn't that the plot of that AKB48 anime?
>>
Just finished this. Ending was rather weak but at least we got this.
>>
>>2422787
Newthread has appeared.
>>
>>2422907
Yeah, but I guess with less mecha and lightsabers.
>>
>>2422950
Fuck off and end yourself
>>
>>2423172
Not my OP
>>
>>2423323
I don't care. You linking to it is just as bad
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.