[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citrus chapter 31

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 37

File: 00165.jpg (531KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
00165.jpg
531KB, 1114x1600px
Previous thread reached the bump limit : >>2403714

Main Cast members announced:
Aihara Yuzu: Taketatsu Ayane
Aihara Mei: Tsuda Minami
Taniguchi Harumi: Fujii Yukiyo
Momokino Himeko: Kubo Yurika
Mizusawa Matsuri: Izawa Shiori

Scans on Dynasty (CT on Dynasty now): https://dynasty-scans.com/series/citrus

Translations done by Chaosteam

Chapter 31 raw : https://imgur.com/a/pBw0m

Translation in some next days (maybe).
>>
>Page 4
Fuck off
>>
Anime Talk

Remember the drama CD series? It was so good that I was begging for an anime adaptation asap but when I watched the first 2 episodes of NTR just to try to comprehend the disappointment of the fans, now I can fully understand. And for Citrus' case, it's better not to expect anything.
>>
>>2409335
Why though? Is it being handled by the same studio?
>>
>>2409345
No. Infinitedayo. They produced all of P.A. works animes (Tari Tari, Shirobako...) and other one. always 22 minutes length episodes.

So i have more faith. But, let's wait the animation studio anouncement. Difference with NTR is more chapters to adapt, better character design, and less rushed production it seems. They take their time.
>>
>>2409351
Excited but cautious seems to be the correct mindset
>>
>>2409361
Absolutely. We have been deceived before so do not let our hopes too high. The adaptation will be better than NTR if we believe the producing studio's previous works but the rest is pure assumptions.
>>
File: gsdg.jpg (66KB, 577x417px) Image search: [Google]
gsdg.jpg
66KB, 577x417px
>>2409451
Well said.
>>
File: IMG_0500.jpg (152KB, 668x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0500.jpg
152KB, 668x960px
Funny thing. Erica Friedman, notorious to hate and talking shit on Citrus, in a Q&A in a podcast two days ago said she hated Citrus even now cause Mei's behavior made no sense unless it was revealed she was an abuse survivor.

It was a crack theory among some Mei's defenders (when she was ice queen). This page is intriguing.
>>
>>2409665

Not to dismiss things out of hand based on the person but I'm not sure I'll put too much stock in someone who hates such a harmless series that much.

IF she is an abuse survivor, has she insulted real life abuse survivors? If she hasn't then it's a load of nonsense, either way, way to judge the whole thing on literally ONE panel.

I'm willing to bet she doesn't want to allow herself to be tempted too much, I dunno.
>>
>>2409665
friend, would you mind giving me a link to that podcast if at all possible?
>>
>>2409665

Why did she hate it before? Too much happiness? What the fuck?
>>
>>2409665
>It was a crack theory among some Mei's defenders (when she was ice queen).
Not really. I remember mentioning it personally, since her weird oversexualised behaviour isn't dissimilar to CSA symptoms, but I was hardly using it to defend her. Just chatting shit really.
>>
>>2409675
I agree. It was just funny she did not catch the complexity and subtily of the character.
>>2409676
I will try to find. I just stumbled on a summary of it.
>>2409679
Reading her critic of volume 1 she considered Citrus to be "disturbing". Of course i don't agree. But i would have thought that the recent volumes would have made her revise her judgement. It seems that it is not the case.
>>
>>2409675
I think it is Mei's behavior since the volume 1 that she refered to. Not Really this panel i used to illustrate my post.
>>
Do you think that the author will end the arc in only one chapter ? The trip only begun.
>>
>>2409665
>erica friedman

Well there's your problem. She's an unlikeable, horrendous turbo bitch. Honestly anon, why listen to such a thunder cunt?
>>
>>2409665
She is an abuse survivor. Did everyone forget her lecherous, molesting ex fiance?

We never saw everything he did to her. Even if they never had sex he forced himself on her, possibly many times.
>>
>>2409700
I did not listen. She stumbled on a summary of it. I know how she is a cunt but i am baffled that she does not at least support a little a popular manga in the yuri universe. Anyway, we all agree here on her.
>>2409702
That is what i thought. Except Yuzu, people around Mei always took advantage of her. Y interest. So she was abused in a sense.
>>
>>2409719
I stumbled*
>>
>>2409665
>This page is intriguing.
She was just aroused by Yuzu and needing to calm down.

Mei was emotionally deprived though, even before the teacher, so she was abused in some sense. That's enough for her behavior to make sense, especially if you accept that manga are not trying to be realistic and will generally have their own particular "world view" (世界観) instead.
>>
>>2409724
Now she has to adjust to be emotionally spoiled and showered with love.
>>
>>2409724
That's right. Shou kinda fucked her up by abandoning her to run off and play in the mud with third world kids instead of raising his daughter.

Mei has a lot going on psychologically.
>>
>>2409687

That's even less suspicious then IMO, she's socially awkward, how can anyone see her behaviour and think 'abuse survivor'? I'm not saying she isn't, but it's not exactly my first conclusion...
>>
Rereading the manga while already knowing how things turn out makes certain moments feel really different when reading them.

I think now's a great time to reread the manga, since this arc feels like Yuzu and Mei's relationship could really start heating up. So it's nice to have a reminder of how they finally got to this point.
>>
>>2409916

I'm going through that now by reading the physical editions of the Manga as they get ordered in, seeing Yuzu/Mei clash at the start was great, I dunno' if it's dramatic irony, more like the opposite of dramatic irony, just knowing how far in love they're both falling together is great.
>>
>>2409916
>>2409919
Yes, a rereading is kinda confy now. The first chapters, when the magazine was bimonthly, were so stressful.
>>
>>2409916
>I think now's a great time to reread the manga
You say that as if I haven't re-read it 5 times in the past 3 months, my last full re-read happening last weekend.

It really is nice to see how both Yuzu and Mei have changed in some ways, but also remain the same in some others.
>>
No news about the chapter 31 translation ? Hope we'll have some update soon on the FB page group. It's been since sunday. I thought it was almost done.
>>
>>2410079
chill! Translation is ready when it is finished. There are also only people with private life.
>>
>>2409736
CSA victims often have warped boundaries around sexual and emotional intimacy and will respond to all attention with sexual overtures - Mei's first response to pretty much everything Yuzu did was to molest her. I won't say it was my first conclusion, but it fit uncomfortably well when it occurred to me. Of course, I also think the story is too lighthearted to ever go there.
>>
File: khjk.jpg (173KB, 1161x840px) Image search: [Google]
khjk.jpg
173KB, 1161x840px
Harumi, why this strange obsessive diet ? You are perfect like that.
Yuzu does not seem bothered to eat what she likes on the contrary.

>>2409966
Yes and each time i reread some chapters, i see new details that was lost other times.

>>2410165
I thought about that too at the begining but it seems that Saburouta let down the idea.

>>2410079
>>2410092
Patience is golden.
>>
>>2410241
Eating alot of somen in summer is normal, since somen chilled with ice is a popular meal to help stay cool. There's a winter variety too that is served in hot soup.
>>
I think that Mei was at least subconsciously attracted to Yuzu from when they first met. Yes, Mei doesn't have much sense of personal space, but her being overtly physical and kissing Yuzu like she did was strange, given how she didn't like her fiance or Himeko getting physical with her.
>>
File: kissss.jpg (211KB, 1010x812px) Image search: [Google]
kissss.jpg
211KB, 1010x812px
>>2410256
Ah, didn't know that. Since she talk about doing a diet and avoiding icecream in chapter 21, i thought it was another one.

>>2410263
Fair point. An attraction she didn't understand as one. She blushed when she stole Yuzu first kiss, but after she turned her back.
>>
>>2410241
>Patience is golden.
I can wait but these Anon's constantly asking nerves easily. Why can not other Anon's simply wait?
If I were a translator, I would deliberately delay the translation. Exactly for this reason, because some are always incapable of waiting.
>>
>>2410270
>An attraction she didn't understand as one.
Pretty much. And if a person doesn't understand what's causing the stimulation then they can attribute it to another emotion, like annoyance. I think alot of Mei's initial behavior toward Yuzu can be understood if looking at it this way.
>>
>>2410165

Meh, she kissed her because it's a Yuri manga, same reason Matsuri is constantly being a little sleaze, and why little Nene ships two girl together
>>
>>2410278
I think Nene's a stand-in for the readers, since Saburouta knows a significant chunk of the fanbase ship them together. She's also that girl that in certain yuri series fangirls over her idols being in a relationship or assumes them to be.

Matsuri's supposed to be a trickster, but one that's mellowed out a bit. Her character is one that's looking for an older sister type to pay attention to her. Looks like she's starting to like Harumin.

As for Mei, there really doesn't need any justification, since attraction and love aren't really things you can quantify.
>>
>>2410271
Yep, people need to be patient. There is plenty material to read. the chapter is only ouy since 6 days. No an eternity.

Speaking of the last release. I hope we will have some news with the anime in the next Yurihime edition. NTR is near the end (4 episodes left). Maybe after that. I stumbled on Dagashi Kashi, where the MC is voiced by Yuzu's VA. I really love her voice and her sense of comical relief. The actress can voice flawlessly colourful characters. She'll return in the season two in 2018. So 2 MC next for her in the next three seasons.
>>
>>2410270
>>2410275
No. She wasn't attracted to Yuzu at first, kissing her meant nothing to her and she didn't feel a thing either. She at first kissed Yuzu a couple of times out of teasing, because she quickly noticed Yuzu was into her (like when they were in the shower) and also due to a mix of loneliness and frustration. First when Mei tried to strip her after Yuzu was telling her to rely on her in chapter 3, and also when she had daddy issues and started crying, Yuzu tried to comfort her and Mei just kissed her out of the blue. Also Mei said she did that to shut up Yuzu when she got "annoying" I think.
The first real kiss and also the moment Mei started having feelings was chapter 8. As for the kiss in chapter 1, blushing doesn't always mean arousing. Yuzu even said Mei did the same expression again, during a situation that did not involve anything sexual related (can't remember what it was) and it seemed it was loneliness and pain. Maybe she felt bad about kissing someone she didn't love (same with the teacher).
This also explains the contrast between then and now, before she could easily kiss Yuzu and even tease her about sex because it meant nothing to her, now she does care and gets shy about it because she has feelings.
>>
>>2410286
The one thing that's always thrown me on the explanation you gave is why only Yuzu? Himeko tried to be there for Mei too, but Mei smacked her when Himeko tried to get physical with her.
>>
>>2410286

TL;DR - who the fuck overthinks Citrus to the point of inserting sexual assault to justify your hatred of one the most innocently feelgood Yuri mangas out there? I mean, seriously.
>>
>>2410286
And her heart begins to race in a out of control way each time Yuzu shows affection. Former arc was her putting the word love on her feelings, in the actual arc, all her blushing shows that now she has physical desires for Yuzu, that is why she is shy and nervous. It is new for her and she is not in control anymore.
>>
>>2410263
Himeko was her childhood friend. Oc it will be awkward af if your friend starts molesting you.
She either disliked the teacher because she is a lesbian or because it was forced.
With Yuzu the first kiss was a shut up kiss and also a tease. For someone so autist like Mei, it is surprising that she could tell Yuzu never kissed anyone.
Initially Mei used Yuzu because she knew how nice Yuzu is and how much she cares about her, so it was an easy person to get off with. At least that is how I see it.
>>
>>2410290

Like >>2410284
said, you can't quantify (or explain) love. I mean, why did Yuzu fall in love with Mei? She started out the series looking for a 'hot guy' and even fancied the male teacher at first.
>>
>>2410290
>>2410299
>>
>>2410290
I am on the side of those who think that Mei was a little smitten before chapter 8. She sensed that Yuzu was different but didn't know why. Since there will never be POV chapters with Mei, these are assumptions. Maybe, when she confesses.
>>
>>2410299
That means Matsuri kind of had a point when she told Mei that she was abusing Yuzu's kindness.
>>
>>2410300
Yuzu was only trying to fit in the conventional norms her female friends followed. She lied about going to mixers. She never met the guys in question.

For the teacher, she just wanted to be a normal girl and had a very classical view on love.
She wasn't really attracted. When she saw the kiss, she was more digusted seing Mei being abused than "losing a potential boyfriend".

For me, Yuzu was never attracted to anyone before Mei. She said having difficulty to make friends, and was never popular. So, trying to persuade her to have a boyfriend was the only way to adjust to her friend's world.
>>
>>2410304
Yeah that's true. With Yuzu Mei could dominate her (at first)because the girl was so kind Mei could do whatever she wanted with her. I guess Mei was surprised when Yuzu slapped her after Mei was teasing about being a virgin and stuff.
>>
>>2410306
>She said having difficulty to make friends, and was never popular.
I love how in anime and manga this character always goes to a new school, makes alot of new friends, and ends up with multiple people having crushes on them.
>>
>>2410278
But Mei's response to pretty much everything Yuzu did was to respond sexually, while being completely locked down emotionally. Like I said, I don't think the parallels were on purpose, but they're there, especially with the fiance. I haven't really kept up with the last volume or so though.
>>
>>2410291
That seems like a leap from a perfectly innocuous conversation.
>>
>>2410309
I love this scene. Like when Yuzu head slaps Matsuri about not treating relationship like game. When needed, she can be a lioness.

>>2410310
Ironically, she became the sunshine in other's people life. Maybe she assumed being unpopular because she had an inferiority complex at this time (that faded away). Oblivious to her fans.

> said, you can't quantify (or explain) love. I mean, why did Yuzu fall in love with Mei?

How i see it. Yuzu and Mei are each other's soulmate. Yuzu is Meisexual and Mei is Yuzusexual. I don't imagine them loving someone else. they prefered ending alone.
>>
>>2410312
Shit happens yeah.
>>
>>2410313

Is it offensive to /u/ to suggest Yuzu is merely bisexual and not just gay?
>>
>>2410317
not offensive, but it doesn't really matter since there's no male love interests. just mentioning it will probably always rustle a few people tho
>>
>>2410317
Not at all. That is not a problem for me. But my interpretation of the character is not in this direction. If Mei was a guy, she would have loved him/her too. She loves Mei because of Mei.
>>
>>2410317
Maybe, but how would you know? She's never shown any attraction to anyone but Mei.
>>
>>2410300
Love can't be explained, anon. It doesn't make sense so don't try to understand it. I mean Mei was kind of a shit to Yuzu at first, yet Yuzu fell hard. It happens all the time, the girl took her first kiss and everything started from there. In fiction and in real life, a kiss can make you fall hard for someone, especially if the person lacks love/sex experience.
>>
File: 08.png (995KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
995KB, 838x1200px
>>2410324
>>2410317

Pretty funny seing Yuzu writing her love guidebook mixing classical refereces from heterosexual romance movies and magazine, and Yuri manga.

She doesn't give a flying shit. Yuzu escape to any attempts to catalog her or put her in a box.
>>
>>2410320

Agreed.

>>2410322

Well, she said the the male teacher at the start was 'fire' or something like that, but she may have been subconciously playing up her own self hype about getting a hot guy.

>>2410324

I love that Mei dragged Yuzu out of the closet.
>>
>>2410313

Someone explain how little Nene came to be her fangirl? Was she just always in the background, admiring her?
>>
>>2410365
I think. Yuzu's speech revealing the teacher's ways of abusing Mei may have had an impact. Meybe everybody talked about it and the memorable actions of the gyaru rebel girl that speaks her mind spreaded to the Aihara middle school.
>>
>>2410369

I see, maybe Mei and Yuzu should adopt her
>>
>>2410371
If Nene let her Yuzuharu ship down to embrace Yuzumei. Matsuri need to be adopted too but i am sure Harumin will take care of here.

I imagine very well everyone wanting being adopted by Mei and Yuzu when they'll be a young adult couple.
>>
>>2410371
She fantasizes about Harumin and Yuzu doing lewd things together, so no.

It was kind of funny when Nene teased Matsuri about claiming to be Harumin's girlfriend later on. I wonder who set Nene straight and what Harumin's reaction was.
>>
>>2410375

I dunno, but I love that both Matsu and I think Nene have both on separate occasions asked Harumin if she likes Yuzu and she's almost instantly shot the idea down both times. I guess people just don't understand that Gyaru bond.
>>
>>2410376
Harumin likes to tease Yuzu, because they're close friends. Harumin was also there after the rain to see Yuzu looking like an angel like Mei did.

I think Harumin and Yuzu are better off friends. Making Harumin into another obstacle for Yuzu and Mei's relationship wouldn't be fair to her character. I think that might be why the author has already had Harumin shoot down the idea. It could also explain why the author has been hinting at Harumin/Matsuri since chapter 13.5.
>>
>>2410380

Oh I agree, I think Harumin is an amazing friend and a great character, but I just find it amusing people keep misunderstanding her closeness to her Yuzucchi as love, and knowing that it probably annoys her to be ask, I like it when she's asked specifically because she's pretty funny when she's annoyed. (Poor Haru)
>>
>>2410380
Every great MC need a great best friend. Harumin took the spot. Pretty sure the author will not go on Harumi being a romantic antagonist.

She could shine in the next chapters, when our couple will be confronted to some family or social crisis overshadowed since Mei's speech in the library and they'll need help.
>>
>>2410381
And yet Matsuri doesn't drop the joke and still called one of their recent outings together with their arms linked an affair.
>>
Speaking of Harumin (I'm really happy there's been a recent upsurge in Harumin appreciation), here's one of my favourite Harumin moments. This is how you do a side character, light at times, supports the main lead but also has heavy moments of her own. Is it any wonder fans like her enough to want her to hook up with Matsuri purely because they want her to be happy?
>>
File: Harumin2.jpg (350KB, 728x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Harumin2.jpg
350KB, 728x1052px
>>2410388
tin
>>
>>2410388
Some fans don't want her to hook up with Matsuri, because they don't like Matsuri and want Harumin to end up with someone better. Personally, I think the 2 of them are fun together.
>>
>>2410389

Is she just moved by Yuzu's resolve in this bit? And is the reason Harumin's sister backed off because she realised Harumin made an awesome friend?

>>2410393

Harumin will be the making of that girl, I kinda' want Matsuri to go too far one day and realise she didn't mean to hurt Harumin that much, like a sort of 'tease the one you like' sort of thing
>>
>>2410396
>I kinda' want Matsuri to go too far one day and realise she didn't mean to hurt Harumin that much, like a sort of 'tease the one you like' sort of thing
I kind of think this summer trip arc might have something like that, especially since those 2 are roomed alone together during it.
>>
Just starting my rereading. Moments like Yuzu wishing something bad would happen to Mei and her first impression of the male teacher already feel very different. And kind of funny that they happen right after the other, as if it was hinting that he would be the bad thing to happen to Mei.
>>
>>2410389

What is being a 'Gyaru Girl' exactly?
>>
>>2410442
>Gyaru is a description of people who follow many types of Japanese street fashion that originated in the 1970s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyaru

Fun fact, Junko from Danganronpa was really Ultimate Gyaru in the Japanese version. It applies to girls who are fashionable, but some are seen as delinquents.
>>
>She has no time to fall in love.
>It must be a boring, lonely life.
Yuzu is observant when she wants to be.
>>
No wonder Mei forced a kiss on Yuzu in chapter one. Yuzu assumed the kiss with the teacher was mutual and was teasing Mei about it pretty savagely. So Mei got back at her by forcing a kiss on her in return. And then she started using it was a way to vent her emotions on Yuzu. Funnily, the kissing habit likely came about solely because of Yuzu's teasing.
>>
File: MR-31144-542235-4.jpg (225KB, 733x543px) Image search: [Google]
MR-31144-542235-4.jpg
225KB, 733x543px
>>2410440
>>2410451
>>2410458
>this refresher course

I think I wanna reread again too. It's been a while but I actually love the first parts of the manga.

I love how all of Meis teasing kisses were one thing, then bam. That kiss after her dad left. The spark that changed everything for her at least.
>>
>>2410485
Harumin's words after Yuzu asks if girls in the academy flirt with other girls make me wonder if Harumin's done things with other girls before. Harumin saying high school is mating season even with only other girls, then jokingly? offering to comfort Yuzu makes me wonder.
>>
>>2410488
Harumi is open minded to a large extent. Maybe she had some crushes but her motto is to not involve in serious matters. She avoids troublesome situations. It is possible she was turned down since she was not as hot as she is now.

She is very perceptive though so maybe she sensed Yuzu was troubled. I think that she refers to girls infatuation for the popular president, kind of Maria Sama vibes. In a all girls school, the kaichou is notoriously a girl magnet.
>>
>>2410496
>It is possible she was turned down
I've wondered if it isn't the opposite and she either turned someone else down or flirted with someone while they were serious and ended up hurting them. It could go either way and could possibly be why she sees Matsuri's clingyness to her as troublesome.
>>
Harumin wishing something would happen to Mei's grandfather and boom, he collapses in his office. The foreshadowing in the manga is real.
>>
>>2410270
is it just me or mei (and yuzu too) look somehow younger in the earlier chapters? maybe it's because Saburo's style developed over time but they have such different vibes
>>
I think Mei was becoming fond of Yuzu as of chapter 3. It started when Yuzu told Mei she realized how pained she was, offered to be there for her, then things really picked up when Yuzu helped their grandfather and made sure Mei was called. When the two parted on the roof, there's even a panel of Mei with her hand over her chest.
>>
>>2410503
Saburouta style is better now but i think she tries to show that her characters grew up. 15 and a half to allost 17 years old for Yuzu (since it is summer in the last chapter). They are almost women now.
>>
>>2410507

Real Talk:Is there a Yuri out there with better art then Citrus? It's so fucking good.
>>
>>2410507
I hope the manga continues after high school.
>>
>>2410506
Chapter 5 too when she calls her Yuzu for the first time.
>>2410510
Never saw a yuri manga with better art. The way the author is able to express her character's feelings without words is baffling. I really hope the animation studio will be good because the level is high concerning the manga material.
>>
>>2410507
damn so much time has passed..I think I should re-read the whole manga again... I didn't realise how fast their years went by.
But it's so good that eventhough you may not keep track of time (like me) you can still sense that they've changed not just mentally but physically
>>
>>2410510
Yes, there is. Bloom Intou You for example.
Or that chinese manhua Beloved.
>>
>>2410510
>Citrus art
>good
>>
File: Grope.jpg (69KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
Grope.jpg
69KB, 398x496px
>>2410551
It conveys emotions well, which is important in this kind of series. Not to mention Harumin is designed very well.
>>
>>2410562
Technically speaking, it's generally adequate at best. In terms of conveying information through the art, I've been pleasantly surprised upon rereads at how much Ebisu-san and Hotei-san manages to say through the art, though no one else ever seems to mention it.
>>
>>2410570
>Technically speaking, it's generally adequate at best

Not trying to start shit, but if that's adequate, what do you class as great?
>>
>>2410570
>Technically speaking,
I appreciate the way you've tried to lend yourself an air of authority there. It serves as a signpost that something stupid will follow.
>>
>>2410573
I don't know if I've read much manga that really has outstanding art desu. I pretty much exclusively read yuri and it's generally populated by artists who are really dedicated, but not necessarily actually great artists. Sometimes Citrus has really aesthetically pleasing panels, but those fucking giraffe necks. And it happens constantly. Kishi Torajirou finally edged away from the weirdly pornified faces only for the proportions of the bodies to be getting weird. I generally find Nishi Uko and Takashima Hiromi are pretty good overall. I can't honestly think of anything offhand that's ever made me stop and go, damn, this is artistically fantastic in the way that a few anime have, like Flip Flappers.

>>2410580
Technically as in what seem like basic anatomy errors rather than stylistic choices. But okay.
>>
>>2410588

For me, I'd appreciate Citrus' art even if I hated the manga, but each to each their own I guess.
>>
>>2410393
Harumin is too good for that little cunt, she's better off alone.
>>
File: DE8q8YsXoAE9Eud.jpg (126KB, 668x960px) Image search: [Google]
DE8q8YsXoAE9Eud.jpg
126KB, 668x960px
>>2410551
But the art is very good. Is beautiful.
>>
>>2410616
All Matsuri wants is a good Onee-chan type girl. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>2410521
This, Beloved is great. Also wdtfs
>>
>>2410393
I used to hate Matsuri but I mellowed to her over time, I think Matsuri/Harumin will be good for both of them.
>>
Is there a better yuri manga than Citrus?
>>
Chapter 13's page about "Bachelorette Matsuri searching for love" and "Will she get a girlfriend at least?" is hilarious when you consider that chapter 13.5 with her and Harumin is the chapter directly following that.
>>
>>2410639
*get a girlfriend at last?
>>
>>2410635
the feelings we all must endure
>>
File: HaruminMatsuri.png (378KB, 588x662px) Image search: [Google]
HaruminMatsuri.png
378KB, 588x662px
>>
mei is mai waifu
>>
Nina sure gave off some Matsuri-like vibes when she was manipulating Yuzu into supporting Sara. She even started looking like her in a chapter 15 panel.
>>
Why did Mei tried to "rape" Yuzu back then on chapter 3?
>>
>>2410668
Wasn't that when Yuzu and her mother kept bringing up Mei's father and grandfather, which pissed her off. Then Yuzu dragged Mei into the fountain, then tried to interfere in Mei's life, while also ogling her in the bath?
>>
>>2410668
Yuzu kept forcefully trying to interfere in Mei's life and it seemed to trigger some kind of backlash from Mei. After Yuzu grabbed Mei's wrists to stop her, hugged her and told Mei she was there for her Mei snapped out of what she was doing.
>>
I forgot this, but Matsuri still referring to relationships like games in chapter 23 after Yuzu scolded her way back in her intro arc is just annoying.
>>
Finally finished rereading all the Citrus chapters. The volume 5 extra chapter where Matsuri tells Nene that Harumin is her girlfriend isn't on the sites I checked, so I had to find that chapter individually.
>>
File: gdggd.jpg (539KB, 1824x1920px) Image search: [Google]
gdggd.jpg
539KB, 1824x1920px
Their hugging quirks are very different.
Yuzu is kind of maternal, encircling Mei in a way to soothe and to protect her whereas Mei clings on Yuzu in a possessif way, as if she was afraid to lose her or a kind of "back off my girl".
>>
>>2410635
I've read a lot of yuri but Citrus get's me.

It has everything I want in a yuri romance. Cute art, cute characters, drama, opposites attract, actual dating albeit sparse, what looks like it's going to be a long lasting and firm real relationship that will progress well into adulthood and marriage etc.

I like how some of it is handled kinda realistic too. I get so tired of silly ass yuri manga where there's no real stakes.
>>
File: bnvcvxcxrwerpdl;ffj.jpg (81KB, 403x560px) Image search: [Google]
bnvcvxcxrwerpdl;ffj.jpg
81KB, 403x560px
>>2410648
>crushed on mei hard
>used her for all of my roleplay character references
>slowly realized it was because I want to be her

Life is funny.
>>
>>2410819
Volume 6 was really a masterpiece concerning all you mentioned.
It is not very surprising to see the first reviews on amazon. The volume pilled the positive critics and is viewed as the better of the serie.

>It has everything I want in a yuri romance. Cute art, cute characters, drama...

I may add, a great slice-of-life vibe with a great bunch of friends that evolve around the two lovebirds.
>>
>>2410824
>I may add, a great slice-of-life vibe with a great bunch of friends that evolve around the two lovebirds.

Mmhm, fucking love this series, these characters and this story.
>>
>>2410788

Yuzu's love for Mei is practically overflowing, she looks so proud to have her as a girlfriend. Please protect that smile, Mei.
>>
>>2410824
>Volume 6 was really a masterpiece concerning all you mentioned.

>when Mei leaves ameal for Yuzu because she thinks she's studying hard

>When Mei finds out Yuzu had been lying but Yuzu is so distraught when she goes to confront her that cheering her up became more important than the truth
>>
File: uryii.jpg (196KB, 1203x884px) Image search: [Google]
uryii.jpg
196KB, 1203x884px
>>2410885
>When Mei finds out Yuzu had been lying but Yuzu is so distraught when she goes to confront her that cheering her up became more important than the truth

Indeed. We feel in this scene her internal war between wanting to confort Yuzu by hugging her or talking to her and her shyness for this kind of intimate display.

So, she left a note and probably let Yuzu sleep to give her time to compose herself. Using her rational side, she goes to the library reading a book on romantic love to try to understand how to act and if she was responsible for Yuzu's pain. Very very cute.

I like how when one of them is broken, the other is here to soothe the other but with methods based on their personality.
>>
File: DramaCD.jpg (371KB, 1280x583px) Image search: [Google]
DramaCD.jpg
371KB, 1280x583px
“As I thought, Taniguchi-senpai, you’re very interesting. This only made me want to dig into you deeper.”

Harumin x Matsuri from Drama CD Cover
>>
>>2411035
>I wonder...what kind of things will come gushing out of you, Taniguchi-senpai.
>Don't get close to me
>...I wonder what sort of true feelings you guard in this expansive heart of yours...
>*struggling noises*
>He-y, s-stop it alre-
>Don't touch me!
>I have absolutely no interest in knowing what you're after, but...
>Let me tell you this
>If you try to forcefully pry open people's hearts
>I don't think you'll be finding anything pleasant.
>Yup, as I thought, Taniguchi-senpai, you're very interesting.
>This only made me want to dig into you deeper.

Matsuri learned nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJE9oO47FVo
>>
>>2410821

>tfw you realize you want to be Mei
>tfw you realize you're actually just like Yuzu

Funny indeed.
>>
>>2411071
>tfw i'm actually a mix of them both
>>
>people claiming to be like Yuzu/Mei

Come on now...

>>2411101

At the very least, this is my favourite thread on /u/
>>
>>2411106

This is also my favorite thread, at least I can say that I like Citrus a lot and that is the yuri managa that I most enjoy.
>>
>>2411106
Pretty sure that an anon fan of the Sims who take part to this thread may have created a Yuzu/Mei couple in a nice house.

Yep, i love this thread too.
>>
>>2411118
Aww, I wish they'd post a pic.

>>2411106
>>2411110
This is probably the nicest series of threads on all of 4chan to be honest.

I've been a regular user since late 2006 and this is the comfiest place to hang out in all my years.
>>
>>2411071
>tfw you're probably Matsuri
Oh well.
>>
>>2410681
>>2410683
Yea but why strip her clothes... so wild
>>
Has Mei probably secretly imagined having sex with Yuzu?
>>
File: kekeke.jpg (71KB, 796x635px) Image search: [Google]
kekeke.jpg
71KB, 796x635px
>>241137
Who knows. No POV sadly. It seems to me that the actual arc is her realizing her physical desire for Yuzu (blushing like a tomato in the last three chapters,, thinking about love bites, touching her neck) after having became aware of her feelings of love in the previous one.

Before, Yuzu was the one to blush for nothing, Mei could joke about naughty things like in the extras (when Yuzu read yuri mangas for exemple) with a sober face. Now, her face cannot hide her desire.

Probably here, she was to the nearest point of having "those" thoughts. Or in the last chapter, when she stays in the room to cool down.
>>
>>2411430
>>2411377
Was answering this post.
>>
Why is Matsuri pushing for Yuzu and Mei to have sex so hard? I know she's probably tired of their relationship seemingly not advancing, but she's taking things way too far.

On another note, things like >>2411047 have convinced me that Matsuri trying to figure out Harumin is an ongoing subplot that could actually become its own arc. I'm sure we'll find out why Harumin stays by the sidelines in love eventually.
>>
File: gdsgs.jpg (204KB, 1076x874px) Image search: [Google]
gdsgs.jpg
204KB, 1076x874px
>>2411437
For me, Matsuri wants Yuzu to be happy so she genuinely thinks that if someone doesn't help, those two will stay too shy to do something.

She probably think that Yuzu's romantic view on love forbids her to be too forward with Mei.

On another idea, Matsuri is like a theater director. She wants to pull the thrings. As if Yuzu/Mei's couple was a king of guinea pig. In the chapter 28, it is pretty interesting that the author draws her having the idea of the summer trip by reading the incest manga Yuzu enjoys. She tries to reproduce the manga, her two MC are Yuzu and Mei and she writes the plot. Kind of meta here.
>>
>>2411442
Life is a stage for Matsuri i may add.
>>
>>2411442
Her treating love like a game is exactly what Yuzu told her not to do, but she obviously still does. When the rings came up chapters ago, she brought up it being a game Yuzu was playing.

And Matsuri keeps trying to figure out Harumin despite Harumin warning her what she'll find will likely be unpleasant. Matsuri's been warned about what she's doing so much, it's obvious she's going to accidentally trigger something really bad to happen to Harumin or Yuzu.

Her rooming with Harumin during the trip also could mean Harumin gets dragged into this entire mess even if she doesn't want to be.
>>
>>2411442
>>2411443
Whatever Matsuri has planned is obviously going to backfire in a big way. I'd be shocked if nothing dramatically bad happened.
>>
>>2411454
>>2411447

I think people overdramatize things with Matsuri. The CD drama (and Harumin's warning) is 3 volumes old (was with volume 4).

In chapter 31, she clearly says to Yuzu, when gone to wash her hands with her, that she hope Yuzu and Mei will be alright despite being clumsy. (translation will confirm that).

The actual arc is fluffy. The subtitles of chapter 29 states " an unforgettable summer for you and me". What could make this trip unforgettable for Yuzu and Mei ? Confession, more physical intimity, a romantic speech from Mei ... We are in the last chapter of the actual arc, i highly doubt the author will close her arc and, in the same time, create a big drama with Matsuri. Just a little one maybe.
>>
>>2411466
>i highly doubt the author will close her arc and, in the same time, create a big drama with Matsuri.
I'd like to point out the school trip arc ended with Harumin's sister teased as the obstacle in the following arc. Likewise, Matsuri herself was teased the chapter before her arc began.

As for how long it's been since Matsuri got the warning, she's basically be a side character with not much focus since her own arc.It's still possible the warnings will come to mean something.
>>
I hope the series quits introducing new love rivals. It's gotten old and the cast has gotten bloated enough as it is.
>>
>>2411474

You are right. When a new character that could create havoc was to be introduced, she appaered in the last pages of the chapter ending the arc.

But volume 5, 6 and 7 arc all ended without any foreshadowing drama incoming.
The warning could come as a side drama between Harumin and Matsuri, but here, the arc is focusend on Yuzu and Mei's efforts to be more intimate.

My crack theory, Matsuri could almost involontarly out the couple. Why not.

>>2411475
>>2411474

Other crack theory is (chapter 32 will confirm or show the contrary), after having confessed, Mei is more open in her affectionate displays of love, the trip is fun, they make unforgettable memories, they hold hands in the elevator and bam, they open their home's door to see that mom discovered the rings and the lovebook when she was tidying the room. Last panel ....

Or Grandpa is back since Mei must find a suitor as the sole heir of the Aihara familly and is almost 17 years old...

Drama is not finished. I always thought that the actual arc was a refreshing pause and a kind of calm before the storm. No need to introduce a new romantic rival. Sociaty and familly are good enough obstacles.
>>
>tfw you'll never live a romance like citrus
>>
>>2411630
Unless you love drama in your life why would anyone want a romance like Citrus?
>>
>>2411478
There's also what they did with Shiraho where she was teased as an obstacle on the cover of the start of her arc.
>>
File: 2.jpg (511KB, 2000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
511KB, 2000x1436px
>>2411647
Yes. Covers reveal the tone. Volume 5 and volume 7 : little drama with a new character that could threaten their love. Volume 6 (Mei and Yuzu being intimate in the library) and volume 8 (the actual one) : fluffy and light mood.

At this state, i wonder how one chapter will be enough to close this fantastic trip that only just begun ...
>>
>>2411649
>i wonder how one chapter will be enough to close this fantastic trip that only just begun ...
I've been wondering if it might be a double long arc that lasts for 2 volumes.

Hopefully nothing happens to bring the trip to an abrupt end.
>>
>>2411656
Yeah, i hope that will be the case, or maybe a 5 chapters volume though i highly doubt that will be the case. The first-half of the arc with Mei opening her heart more and telling at last the Love word.

After that, maybe the coming out in front of their friends after a little drama cause they will be discovered (Yuzu cannot keep it in her pants) or exposed.
>>
>>2411664
>maybe the coming out in front of their friends
Himeko, Matsuri, and Shiraho already know. Nene probably doesn't and the drama CD showed that Harumin didn't know.
>>
>>2411808
Himeko ? Where ? She is clueless or have you a chapter where it is revealed. Only Matsuri and Shiraho know.
>>
>>2411818
I thought Himeko threatening to break Yuzu's face if she did anything to make Mei sad meant that she knew. Plus, her and Yuzu were in a competition to take their relationship with Mei a step further. And Himeko knew something happened between them in the club room, because she was standing outside the door at the time glaring.
>>
Sounds like a keikaku to me. If Harumin or Eyebrows try to interfere then Matsuri and Shiraho are there to stop them from doing so respectively.
>>
>>2411822
I do not agree. Himeko is jealous because she wants Mei for herself and considers Yuzu as someone meddling and a bad influence for her MeiMei. She certainly has a crush on Mei that decreased with time but if you mention the volume 2 , Mei and Yuzu are not a couple and nobody knows Yuzu has is in love. So i think you misread this arc. Himeko is just overprotective with Mei that is why she threaten Yuzu.

If you read all the chapters till the 31, you'll see she has not any idea. The school trip where Mei hides Yuzu shows it well.
>>
>>2411827
>The school trip where Mei hides Yuzu shows it well.
Oh, yeah I forgot about that.

What are the room assignments for the trip?
Yuzu/Mei
Matsuri/Harumin
Shiraho/Himeko
Mitsuko/Glasses-senpai/Nene
Manager Guy alone
>>
>>2411835
Yes exactly as Matsuri planned it. She proposed a to draw straws since some girls were not OK but she must have cheated with the straws too since her list kept unchanged.
>>
>>2411839
I would've expected Nene to be with Himeko and Shiraho, but otherwise the list makes sense for Matsuri's goals. Unless she plans to use Nene to distract Harumin's sister somehow.
>>
>>2411835
>Matsuri/Harumin
They've got 3 people in their room, presumably it's Nene

>>2411839
Her list had Mitsuko with Nene, and Maruta with Shiraho and Himeko
>>
>>2411835
>manager guy

Poor innocent fool. He has no idea what he's in the middle of.
>>
>>2411846
>>2411839

Yep sorry. I forgot that glass senpai was with Himeko and Shiraho. For Mitsuko, she is alone with Nene but Maturi wrote somethifng as "Taniguchi older sister" so it is one person. She refers to Harumi as Taniguchi senpai.
>>
>>2411846
Nene and Mitsuko will distract themselves with Harumin talk. Probably why Matsuri wanted Mitsuko to go in the first place.

Shiraho will take care of glasses and eyebrows.

That leaves Matsuri herself to distract Harumin.
>>
>>2411856
Poor Himeko. She will be analyzed and under Shiraho's expert scrutiny.
>>
>>2411856
Nene and Maruta will not be where they were in the list. Nene didn't want to be with Mitsuko, Maruta did. After the draw they both got what they wanted (suggesting Matsuri controlled it).
>>
>>2411868
So who is Nene roomed with after the draw?
>>
>>2411897
I was trying to say in >>2411846 that she's with Matsuri and Harumi. And she isn't with Shiraho and Himeko (they talk about being alone together), she's obviously not with the man, and she's not with Yuzu and Mei. In the bath scene Harumi mentions she's in a room with 3 people's baggage (when asking whether they can gather in Yuzu's room) and Nene came with them to the bath, so it all makes sense.
>>
>>2411897
I would have said Mitsuko but indeed as the anon said, the straws turned to redirect Nene with Shiraho and Himeko. It seems Maruta is happy with the draws results on the panel. It is implied but it doesn't seem confirmed in a explicit way. All i read on the panel is Himeko almost taering not being with "Mei Mei" whereas Maruta is gloating.
>>
>>2411904
Maybe. I did not catch some panels. It makes sense. It will be clearer with the translation.
>>
File: itti.jpg (239KB, 1164x758px) Image search: [Google]
itti.jpg
239KB, 1164x758px
Funny the "echoes" between some chapters.
>>
File: 02.png (2MB, 934x1348px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
2MB, 934x1348px
>>2412184
12 chapters after, Mei definitely dreams about Yuzu.
>>
>>2411904
Does their room have 3 beds, or are 2 of them sharing? I assume the rooms are doubles, so three people in one room would make it so 2 people would have to sleep together.
>>
>>2412206
Most of the rooms are two beds i presume, but since it is a bed and breakfast, there are probably rooms with three beds. Since Maruta was planned, initially, to be with Himeko and Shiraho.
>>
>>2412185
i love that page. definitely one of my favourites.
>>
>>2412397
The little smile of Mei is cute since she doesn't smile often (almost never). If Yuzu was in her dream, that is cutter. And Yuzu is so enamored... even Mei's flaws are lovely in her eyes. It says something.
>>
>>2412415
but she aint smiling
>>
>>2412467
Ah ? In the last panel, there is a glimpse of it. Speaking of Mei, it is almost a smile or a kind of relieved face.
>>
>>2412235
That doesn't really prove it'd have 3 beds, it could also mean they think it's okay for girls to share one. They could've also taken the extra bed from the male manager's room, but if the rooms were designed as doubles, then there likely wouldn't be enough space for it.
>>
>>2412492
I hope we'll have the pleasure to have the translation soon today or tomorrow to undestand at last, among other things, what is this bloody repartition since there different hypothesis.
>>
>>2412578
I think the confusion comes from Matsuri's initial list versus what the final room draw came out as.

Matsuri's initial list:
Yuzu/Mei
Matsuri/Harumin
Shiraho/Glasses-senpai/Himeko
Nene/Mitsuko
Manager Guy alone

Glasses-senpai wanted to room with Mitsuko, while Nene didn't want to room with Mitsuko. Obviously Himeko wanted to room with Mei. Matsuri compromised by giving the people whose desires wouldn't mess up her plan to get Mei and Yuzu alone want they wanted. So, Glasses-senpai is now with Mitsuko, leaving Himeko alone with Shiraho. While Nene is now with Harumin and Matsuri, which means their room is crowded. The other room assignments are the same as Matsuri's initial list.
>>
Nene will win the Matsuribowl
>>
>>2412587
Yep. Just one thing to add: Harumi was also one of the people unhappy with the list, presumably because she didn't want to be alone with Matsuri, so them being given the 3 person room with Nene would make sense as a compromise to assuage her issue with the list too.
>>
>>2412592
I did my own version of the chapter. I can confirm that and i will add that Mitsuko is good with anybody. Ironically she is not absolutely eager to be with Maruta... poor girl, unrequited feelings.
>>
>>2412589
That would be surprising given how much Matsuri/Harumin has been hinted at since 13.5. It was also teased pretty heavily in the drama CD as well.

>>2412592
Nene focuses on Yuzu and Harumin, and Matsuri wouldn't let her room with Yuzu, so obviously putting her with Harumin and herself was the only other option Nene would likely be happy with. And like you said it solves Harumin's issue of being alone with Matsuri.

Although, Harumin probably doesn't realize that a third person in their room could make her situation worse, by forcing them into closer quarters together. And Nene can be kind of clueless, so Matsuri could still pull something with Harumin when Nene goes to sleep or something.
>>
>>2412601
>Mitsuko is good with anybody. Ironically she is not absolutely eager to be with Maruta... poor girl, unrequited feelings.
There's not too much evidence of this, but Mitsuko blushing every time Harumin's nice to her makes me think she has some kind of sister complex.
>>
>>2412606
I assumed it was because of their strained relationship and the fact they are rebuilding it. She's kinda, I dunno what's the word? Like when someone you care about is nice to you and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

I don't personally know this feel but I understand the concept.
>>
>>2412608
It's just introducing Harumin's sister and having someone with an unrequited crush on her makes it feel like there's some reason for it. I'd also like to point out Mitsuko's drastic hair cut compared to what she looked like in flashbacks. Remember when Yuzu was going to have Harumin cut her hair as a symbol that she was going to resolve to get over her love for Mei, so they could just be sisters?
>>
>>2412612
Cutting your hair to get over love is a common tradition among young people in Japan so I dunno if it means anything special.
>>
>>2412616
It just seems like there was someone Harumin's sister loved, maybe not Harumin, that she wanted to get over. The drastic hair cut throws me off otherwise.
>>
>>2412578
CT member here. The chapter is ready it only needs a translation QC and will be released after that. Sorry for the delay
>>
>>2412621
Thanks.
>>2412616
>>2412612
Funny. I did not think about the analogy. It seems to le the her cut is a way to have a very mature and stylish air. I don't know why but i see Youko from Marimite in Mitsuko stern and hard on the outside.
>>
>>2412623
>Additionally, it has been implied that she has an unrequited love for Sei Satō.
Not the best example to prove your point, anon.
>>
>>2412630
I know but Youko never had long hair in the serie. The first time she met Sei, she is short haired. Sei did cut her hair when her girlfriend decided to become a nun.
>>
>>2412621
So we it will be out today?
>>
>>2412728
Probably not
>>
>>2410551
Are you blind
>>
>>2412621
Thank you so much for all your efforts, guys.
>>
>>2412915
Let's hope for today. Saw an amateur version on imgr but did not read all to preserve the pleasure.
>>
>>2412959
link pls onee-san
>>
>>2413024
Not at home for the moment. Post it tonight (german time zone) if i come back not too late or tomorrow morning.
>>
I am checking CT every 30 minutes, to see if they posted it...
>>
>>2413063
lass dir zeit. (take your time.)
anon's can wait.
who can not wait and always beg, just ignore them.
>>
>>2413074
ive was checking at work all day lol
>>
where tf
>>
Based on chapter 31 it looks like Harumin and Matsuri are getting closer. Harumin looks at Matsuri alot this chapter and their argument at the end of the chapter sounds couple-like.
>>
>>2413829
In fact, Harumi wonders why Matsuri is so enthousiastic and excited. She confides in Yuzu on this matter. Of course, she doesn't know that Matsuri schemes to help Yuzu and Mei being more intimate.

At the end, it is "punish time". Matsuri asks Harumi why she is laughing at her. It is the occasion for her to try to squeeze Harumin's boobs. And of course, Nene nosebleed.

It is very clear in this chapter that Matsuri wants Yuzu's hapiness and worries when seing yuzu so distracted when looking at Mei. There really isn't any second thoughts in her actions here and the translation, the long awaited translation, will confirm that.

If she can be more intimate with Harumi, bonus. But, as an anon pointed, she almost sacrificed her initial plan to have Harumi with her alone in a room (the straws logically relocated Maruta and Nene), to ensure that Mei and Yuzu stay alone. Of course, there were cheating with the straws. Matsuri had a rescue plan if her list wasn't accepted. Shiraho perfectly understood that as she pointed it to Himeko. But, she doesn"t care since the most important thing is done : giving Mei and Yuzu alone time.
>>
>>2413386
Last news are not good. Not even sure that the chapter will be out this week. NTR will not be out before the next publication of Yurihime.

Japanese Citrus chapter 32 will be out 16th of september since Monday 18th is a japanese day-off.
>>
>>2413894
Too bad, I was looking forward to read it soon, but well, we will need to wait a bit more.

Good to know, that we will see Citrus 32 sooner, I wonder if in October we won't have a chapter, coz the end of the volume will be on 32, so she might take a break...
>>
Not very optimistic for Citrus anime. Asagao to Kaze-san anime has just been made official. It has a very accomplished PV and a complete and regularly updated site.
Citrus, only 5 characters casting, a very poor site that seems forgotten, and ONE bloody visual since march.

I don't know what Infinitedayo is doing but they seem to not give a flying fuck. They are doing promo since forever with Zero Kara Hajimeru and Shirobako goodies. Anime was announced last year and it seems that Asagao will be out before.
>>
>>2413958
>and it seems that Asagao will be out before.
Nonsense.
>>
>>2413962
If it is an OVa format, it will be.
>>
>>2413963
You're just making silly assumptions. You're not someone who normally follows anime announcements closely, are you?
>>
>>2413834
>It is the occasion for her to try to squeeze Harumin's boobs
Between this and beach chapter I'm starting to wonder if this will become a running gag.
>>
>>2413974
Well, elaborate. I recall saying "it seems", so yeah, it is only an assumption that can be wrong. And it is clear that my post is just a personal and very subjective point of view.

But if someone well versed in the anime announcements can cure me from my ignorance, why not.

Shooting someone by a lapidary comment is not going to make things clearer.
>>
>>2413986
It does not even seem. At most there's a slim chance.
>>
>>2413990
Let's take Dagashi Kashi season 2. Official announcement was quickly followed by VA cast list, animation team, visuals and PV.

I am just slightly worried by the lack of details on Citrus anime and the sparse updates. I'd like to be totally mistaken.
>>
>>2413999
It probably won't be out until sometime in 2018, so they might just be waiting until closer to it launches to release more details.

While not an anime, Danganronpa V3 spread its announcements out as a way to hype up for it until launch.
>>
>>2414007
Let's hope. I would have expected, at least, the animation studio to be announced. Yuzu's VA is Hotaru's one (Dagashi Kashi MC). Is it possible for a VA to do two MC in the same season ?
>>
>>2413999
That example doesn't mean anything for Citrus. Some shows don't have their studio and trailer until just a few weeks before they start.

>>2414013
>Is it possible for a VA to do two MC in the same season ?
Yes.
>>
>>2414020
Thanks for the precision. Good to know that.
>>
Back in black...

Chapter 31 amateur version --> http://imgur.com/a/2SbeX

Just a quick translation and edition of chapter 31 i made yesterday and finished today.
Not english native speaker here (italian), so if there are mistakes, well, shame on me. Translation mistakes ? Probable, but i think i caught what was the most important. SFX sounds ? Did not bother to do it except the Ba-Dumps.

It is just a temporary fix while waiting for the better translation and type-setting CT will provide (this week ?). Credit ? I don't care.
>>
>>2413958
Fuck Citrus, KASE-SAN GOT AN ANIME YESS
>>
>>2414164
>We have rooms for two here.
Harumin, Matsuri, and Nene cramped confirmed.
>>
>>2414164
>Chapter 31 amateur version
>Not english native speaker here (italian), so if there are mistakes, well, shame on me

Thanks for the work, and your translation while not a completely smooth english flow (going from Japanese to English is hard enough to flow, but I imagine Japanese -> Italian -> English would be exponentially more so...) it was still easy to understand the meanings and events. Thanks again for taking the time to do it, and share it with us.
>>
>>2414190
No problem. You are welcome. I like exercising in scantrad but i know my english is not very smooth. Just wanted to do something easy to read and understand for any reader of any nationality.
I hope i didn't do too many mistakes. We'll know when the "official" translation is out as i don't really to compete with. It is just a very modest contribution to the Citrus fanbase.
>>
>>2414185
The translation is missing 基本 which is like "basically", implying it isn't completely true.
>>
>>2414194
During the bathing scene it also mentions their room is narrow due to having 3 different peoples stuff in it. I don't think a room intended for 3 people would be crowded if it had 3 people's stuff in it.
>>
>>2414194
Ah, i knew i missed some details.
If there wasn't already an official translating group doing it, i would have compiled critics and mistakes corrections (i really had some difficulties with some pages) to edit and submit a second version.

But, the "real" translation will be out in some days hopefully.
>>
>>2414196
It would be if it was the same size room but with a bunk bed or two.
>>
>>2414196
Well, at first time, i missed the 3 persons luggage. In the beginning, i understood Harumin implying that she has more luggage than others, as the gyaru in disguise she is and Matsuri laughing.

There are implicit speeches here and there, so probably, someone more fluent in japanese would clear any doubt. I cannot.
>>
>>2414164
Thank you!
>>
Is there any news about the anime? I heard it was for fall but haven't heard any news since. Think it's going to be delayed?
>>
>>2414311
If we are optimistic : winter season, fall it is too late.
Realistic : spring season 2018
Pessimistic : summer 2018.

Probably more news after volume 8 ending in september. Maaybe there will be a break from the author as sometimes she did between volumes releases.
>>
>>2414164
Thanks buddy ! I wonder what happened with the official translating group... that doesn't smeel good.
>>
>>2414901
They've already posted that they're just busy at the moment.
>>
>>2415002
Exact, but the lack of updates for a group that always gave news almost everyday is worrying. Sadly, i think their ambition to do 3 translations each month will be impossible to follow on a long term, which is expected when being busy in the same time.

Let's hope current chapter's translation will be out before chapter 32. For NTR, well, maybe an anon will provide like the last time.
>>
>>2415232
ambition or no ambition I am glad these guys took over when no one did
>>
>>2415428
Yep. Thanks them. Well, it seems that Matsuri was quite bothered and worried by Yuzu's lack of discretion. If i understood the first page in the onsen, Yuzu will tries to be bolder to force Mei to come out of her shell.
>>
>>2415430
Matsuri's reaction is that she was surprised because what she said was just intended to be a joke teasing Yuzu, but Yuzu's reaction showed that it was probably quite accurate. Matsuri didn't think Yuzu had made as much progress as she has.
>>
File: citrus_ch04_02.png (657KB, 1109x1600px) Image search: [Google]
citrus_ch04_02.png
657KB, 1109x1600px
I'm reading through the series from the start and this page caught my eye. Yuzu has a couple of rings around her neck but those rings aren't seen anywhere else. Foreshadowing?

And hey I didn't remember that Himeko had regular eyebrows back then
>>
>>2415232
I think their translator is just too busy. I remember they were looking for an another translator before but it seems no one wanted to help...
>>
File: citrus.jpg (353KB, 1000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
citrus.jpg
353KB, 1000x1436px
Jeez for how long Chaosteam teams takes to check the quality and whatnot, they still manage to have errors "Am I'm thinking too much?"
>>
File: citrus - Edited.jpg (103KB, 999x461px) Image search: [Google]
citrus - Edited.jpg
103KB, 999x461px
>>2415641
"Haha, I < t* > won't be so easy to argue with me!"
>>
>>2409665
either they ex boyfriend, fiance, or whatever OR autistic as hell
>>
>>2415641
>deffinitely
>>
>>2410510
You're kidding? Well it is good but the problem i have with it is that most of the characters are drawn similar that I have trouble differentiating between them... I can't be the only one
>>
>>2410635
bloom into you
>>
>>2413962
>>
>>2415512
I saw that too. Ring that appears in chapter 8 in one panel around Yuzu's neck, and is gone after that. Kind of narrative wink. The author always said she had the story's ending already wrapped in her head.
So i would not be surprised there are tons of foreshadowing. Some anons here gave tons of exemples. That is why it is so pleasurable to read again the previous volumes, we can discover new details.
>>
>>2415428
Is the chapter will be out on dynasty ?
>>
>>2415641
Italian anon's translation made much more sense for this page.
>>
File: matsuri_raising_her_own_flags.jpg (217KB, 938x529px) Image search: [Google]
matsuri_raising_her_own_flags.jpg
217KB, 938x529px
I wouldn't be surprised right now if Matsuri reveals that she and Harumin have been dating all along.

>>2415694
Not yet.
>>
>>2415641
The first bubble should be more like "...Guess I was overthinking."

The verb 揉む can mean arguing, but that's wrong here. "Haha, I won't let you grope me so easily!" "I'll definitely squeeze them!"

Nene's last bubble is about her thinking something is going on with "HaruYuzu" under the cover of the steam.
>>
>>2415713
Maybe next time we should let anon do it rather than wait for CT
>>
>>2415641
>>2415643
>>2415646
>>2415774
It's like they completely forgot to QC the last page. Well I don't mind too much, I'm grateful for what they're doing.
>>
>>2415779
ct member here. That last page was the reason the chapter wasn't out sooner. We decided to have the chapter out even without our translator QC but the final version of it will be posted on dynasty as soon as our translator decides to give us a translation qc.
>>
Also if anyone is interested we are looking for a new additional translator . If you are interested please contact us on our CT page
>>
>>2415782
If i could translate, i will gladly help you. Not very easy to maintain regular translations when your translator is so busy. I can typeset and clean, but you don't need help in this aera, it is already perfect. Hope you'll find some volunteers.
>>
>>2415782
>>2415780
Why don't you do a kind of beta reading protected zone somewhere (with people that could give a critical help without having to being part to a groupe ?).

There seem to be people here who can understand some panels or cryptic formulations in japanese, and others on dynasty-reader discussion threads. I bet you have people who follow your group that can do that too but have not the time to be part of a scantrad group.

Of course, you would have to test a little. But that is something that deserves reflexion.
>>
>>2415782
Instead of a translator, I think it's more urgent that you guys get a QC with proficiency in English. Reading some of the Citrus chapters I actually have doubt if you guys have any QC at all.
>>
>>2415856
without a translator at this moment I don't think we need a qc with proficiency. also we do have a qc with a good English learning it's just that they are busy most of the times. Keep in mind we do this for free and we are sorry that it's not perfect but at least we are trying...Someone who could help us with translation would be much appreciated .
>>
File: libr.jpg (644KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
libr.jpg
644KB, 1632x1224px
>>2415856
>>2415791
That is why i proposed a global beta reading, people with good english to give some ideas to rephrase some speeches and, very hard to find, some people who can read japanese a little or more and give opinions on a first translation version.

On another topic, i received volume 6 today. As an anon pointed in the other thread, here what Mei was looking for in the library. Romantic and cute Mei, in a dorky way, confirmed.

special mention to the beginner version of the workbook.
>>
>>2415860
Do not worry, i was typesetter a long time ago, and there are always people who want a perfect and professional job but are the first to complain if the chapter is not out quickly and to forget that is totally pure voluntary work, totally free when you have a job to do at the same time. Keep the good work and be just inspired by positive people that are happy to not have to wait on year to read the manga.
>>
>>2415864
this is the only reason I keep this going to be honest. people who appreciate the work we do. there were times I thought about dismissing the whole thing and get on with my life but then again I want to read Citrus asap and not wait for a translation that may take a month or even more....
>>
>>2415866
Well, there are so much more people who appreciate your work than those who don't. Sometimes, the latter are much vocal, but it is a minority. And /u was not always friendly, especially in Citrus threads, the latest thread were pretty lovely and with many pertinent posts, among some lost rants from angry ones (especially the emoticon police).

That is the first time i post several messages in a Citrus thread, before i was just a lurker cause of all the drama you could read. I'll add that, these past threads, a majority of anons here were supportive of your work.
>>
>>2415872
maybe that's why I decided to ask for help here too or write and inform people here about our work as well. we used to get a lot of hate I know but there's nothing I can do about it can I?
>>
>>2415877
Well, i hope you'll find some candidates. Sadly, i cannot understang japanese exept some very basic word ...
>>
>>2415860
If you need an English QC I don't mind helping, but it would be my first time.
>>
>>2415780
Get Italian anon to help out
>>
>>2415877
I think the biggest concern is English grammar and spelling, get you someone that's good in that area
>>
>>2415952
Like I said we already have someone they're just busy most of the times to perform qc in all our chapters.
>>
>>2415959

Just my two cents here. Not a usual poster here but don't forget korean-english translators. Easier to find around here. Why ? Korean raws are out two days after japanese ones. It could help your translator to polish her work. A second version is always beneficial.

A real scantrad work is usually based on the orginal source, the japanese raw, but if you don't find an additionnal japanese-ENG or other language translator, it can be a temporary solution.
>>
>>2415860
I mean you can always open up recruitment, with the amount of readership you get finding someone with good English to do the QC should be no problem. QC can tremendously improve the quality of the stuff you release, and it's really a necessity if your translator doesn't have English as the native tongue. So getting one extra QC wouldn't hurt. When one is busy the other can take up the job so your release won't be stalled in QC hell.

>>2415864
Why do you assume that anons here were just bitching for the sake of it instead of truly wanting an improvement? Chaosteam could really benefit from some extra manpower.
And mind you, I have cleaned and typesetted plenty of /u/ stuff, and I don't translate simply because Jap and Eng are both not my native tongue and I know better than to provide a shit translation.
>>
File: AGBOD6Q.png (19KB, 86x120px) Image search: [Google]
AGBOD6Q.png
19KB, 86x120px
>>2414164
thanks ChaosTeam

good chapter
>>
>>2415991
I guess even if you are a native English speaker Japanese are hard to put into words?
>>
>>2415992
It was not CT...seems like it was made by someone else...
>>
>>2415991
>Why do you assume that anons here were just bitching for the sake of it instead of truly wanting an improvement?

I was talking about people (minority here) too abrupt in their critics, not about those like you (maybe) that genuinely advised CT having some help not limited to an additionnal translator. So, sorry if you took my post for you, it was not intended to question the pertinence of your advise.

>I don't translate simply because Jap and Eng are both not my native tongue

Same for me, that is why i would not try and do poor quality work.

>So getting one extra QC wouldn't hurt.

+1. Totally agree, every help is a good idea. To the Ct member around here, do not close the door to any volunteer. A turn over in the QC reading and translation is a good way to assure the sustainability of your project and your group.
If jobs or tasks are lined, no burn out or work overload, and a quality improved (and enthousiasm too).
>>
>>2416003
next time we see how it goes and probably come back here for the extra qc . Thanks for the advice. we do try to get better but sometimes things don't work out as we want....
>>
>>2416007
Well, good luck during these busy times. If you have some difficulties for next chapters, do not hesitate asking here or on your FB page.
>>
>>2416008
cheers and thank you
>>
Chaos Steam
>Engrave our secret only
vs
Italian anon
>A lovers' link engraved in our bodies

The CS translations is obviously missing info.
>>
>>2416015
we are aware of that that's why the chapter is not up on dynasty yet. a very bad and messy month this was.
>>
It's not too bad so far. I'll post anything strange I notice.

When Harumin points out how excited Matsuri is, it sounds a bit oddly phrased.

>Somehow for today
>that kid, is more excited than usual.
>>
>>2416028
everything will be fixed,don't know when that will be but the chapter wont go up on dynasty until it's finally fixed properly
>>
>>2416015
CT is closer to the Japanese line. It would be better without "only" though.
>>
>>2416043
So it's more that the other TL added info rather than CT missing any? Good to know. Usually if you see a shorter line people just assume something was left out.
>>
Huh. It looks like one of the translations misattributed a speech bubble.

When Matsuri is scaring Himeko with the lizard Italian anon's TL has Himeko shouting "Drop that!", while CS' TL has Harumin saying "She's too wound up that," And is Harumin really that worried that Matsuri is going to overexert herself?

It's missing the ba-dump ba-dump sound effects when Yuzu thinks that she wants to share a room with Mei.

On the other hand it has a ba-dump sound effect when Shiraho is whispering to Himeko. Has a new ship started to sail?

In the bath scene when Yuzu doesn't want everyone to gather in her room, in Italian anon's TL it says "I want to be alone with my beloved so much", but CS' has it as "This is bad...this can only mean it's going to be an all-nighter." The next line is about wanting to spend time with everyone else too, so I'm tempted to say that Italian anon's line might be more correct.

Nene's sigh and saying nevertheless doesn't seem to make much sense in context.

Other than that the last page is the main issue. It's Harumin saying she won't let Matsuri rub her chest, then Matsuri countering that she'll squeeze them instead.
>>
Since Saburouta didn't have the last scene on panel, is what happened Matsuri groped Harumin's boobs and it interrupted Nene's Yuzuharu daydream and caused her to get a nosebleed because she got turned on by seeing it?
>>
>>2416080
>When Matsuri is scaring Himeko with the lizard Italian anon's TL has Himeko shouting "Drop that!", while CS' TL has Harumin saying "She's too wound up that," And is Harumin really that worried that Matsuri is going to overexert herself?
The bubble dialogue belongs to Harumin. She was saying about how carefree Matsuri is, and was worried that it may reach a tipping point where things got dangerous.
>In the bath scene when Yuzu doesn't want everyone to gather in her room, in Italian anon's TL it says "I want to be alone with my beloved so much", but CS' has it as "This is bad...this can only mean it's going to be an all-nighter." The next line is about wanting to spend time with everyone else too, so I'm tempted to say that Italian anon's line might be more correct.
CS translation is correct. The next few lines were Yuzu's thought about how she wanted to spend time with her friends, but then she also wanted to kiss Mei.
>Nene's sigh and saying nevertheless doesn't seem to make much sense in context.
Nene was fantasizing some YuzuHaru action must be happening amidst the steam.

I haven't read the CS translation, this is what I've picked up from the raw.
>>
>>2415959
Fire them then and replace; That's how it is when the job ain't getting done. Gotta look for dedicated people who do have the time. Just my opinion.
>>
>and was worried that it may reach a tipping point
Sorry, upon reread the line is actually more like "At some point it seems like a switch was flipped open inside her, it seems kind of dangerous". Harumin is actually not pondering over the prospect of the tipping event happening. So Italian anon is actually correct except there was no "Drop it" bubble.
>>
>>2416112
Chaosteam are closer. She is basically worrying that Matsuri's mood is too manic and something might happen.
>>
>>2416094
Very enlightening comments. They are a great help to clarify some divergent translation.
>>
>>2416080
>Nene's sigh and saying nevertheless doesn't seem to make much sense in context.
It's a poor choice for translating それにしても there. It's used as a lead-in to a new subject. "At any rate" would be better.
>>
>>2416114
That's not how CS phrased it though. Theirs makes it sound like Harumin is worried Matsuri will exhaust herself and pass out or something.

>She's too wound up that,
>it seems like she's going to crash at some point.
>It's kinda dangerous.
>>
>>2416100
fire them? I aint even paying them and I am glad they find the time to do what they have to do. I don't like to pressure people in the team.
>>
>>2416122
I don't see why you're interpreting that as exhaustion. "Crash" fits an emotional turn like a come down from a high.
>>
>まつりもいい納まりどころみつけたのかなー
Matsuri must have found her place too ~
>そーいうことならいいんだけどよ
Would be nice if that is the case though...

Harumin is kinda gay this chapter. Is Saburouta really pushing them?
>>
>>2416125
>"Crash" fits an emotional turn like a come down from a high.
That's almost never how that word is used in American English. And I'm not the only person who read that line and thought it mean concern. Even someone posting on the CS facebook post thought it meant the same thing I did.
>>
>>2416135
That's been the case for a long time. Chapter 13.5 and the drama CD were far from subtle. Then they started hanging out and things just picked up from there. I do have to wonder why Harumin agreed to hang out with Matsuri in the first place though, I don't think we were ever shown that first happening.
>>
>>2416141
>That's almost never how that word is used in American English.
A bold statement.

>And I'm not the only person who read that line and thought it mean concern.
She is concerned.
>>
>>2416149
When people used crash they're usually saying they're tired or coming down from a caffeine high. It's an energy level thing.
>>
>>2416151
And sometimes it's used for mood states. It is a valid use of the word, even if you've happened to not really encounter it before.
>>
>CS
For what stand the 'S' ?
Thought the name would be 'Chaos Team' aka 'CT'.
>>
>>2416167
It is, but we're witnessing their quality control right now.
>>
>>2416167
Someone just made a mistake on CT name misreading it. It is Chaosteam and not Chaos Steam. Anyway, this QC posts here are very very informative. Is it me or the author's writing style is maybe a little more subtle and full of second meaning sentences that make the translation difficult when you compare with others manga of the genre. It is maybe a totally incorrect assumption but only someone reading japanese can tell us.
>>
>>2416189
There's youthful colloquialisms, but it's a typical level of Japanese for a manga.
>>
>>2416195
Ah ok. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>2416171
What?
>>
>>2416123
Shinigami? Buding?
>>
>>2416228
Making a point how people are judging CT's work when they misread stuff too.

see
>>2416189
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't like the VAs for Yuzu and Mei.
I do like Ayana Taketsu and Minami Tsuda, but I didn't really feel they fit the roles when I listened to the drama CDs.
For Yuzu I always imaged a voice like Eri Kitamura's and for Mei someone like Saori Hayami.
Ayana Taketsu's voice came rather odd in the drama CD, and Minami Tsuda's wasn't cold/distant enough.

Well, voice acting in Drama CDs tend to be inferior to how it is done in anime, so they may sound a lot better once the first PV comes out.
>>
>>2416478
Well i wasn't a fan either before but after watching Dagashi Kashi and her work on Hotaru (the star of the show), it is fine. She was able to portray such an original and colorful character.
>>
>>2416495
Yeah, her work on Hotaru was great, but it's also partly because it really fit her, since it had this older/mature sound to it which was great due to the contrast in Hotaru's image.

However, for Yuzu I imaged a more girly voice.
>>
File: ljkl.jpg (61KB, 264x638px) Image search: [Google]
ljkl.jpg
61KB, 264x638px
>>2416498
Yuzu is a very bold, straightforward character. It is my vision of her, but her gyaru side is only the tip of the iceberg. She has, also and that is why she is much more complex that it seems at first, a butch side (a little, a little).

Some anons talked about Mei's way of sitting like a lady, but Yuzu sits like a guy sometimes, it is very funny in some panels. Some of her reaction aren't always girly, like when she almost gives a headbutt to Matsuri to give her some sense of reality about playing with people's feelings.
>>
>>2416504
Indeed, perhaps my wording was wrong, but by girly I didn't mean ladylike, but mainly youthful.

My main pick was KitaEri because she can go for that girly/youthful range, while also delivering on that brash aspect that Yuzu also has.
>>
>>2416507
KitaEri, yes, that would have been a good choice. But as you said, maybe the Drama CD is just inferior. Having the character be animated is different and easier to connect to.
>>
>>2416478
The drama CDs had Matsuri sounding like a loli. I hope she sounds a more mature in the anime.
>>
I just realized that Matsuri ending up in the three person room means that the 3P she asked for in an earlier chapter technically happened. Foreshadowing?
>>
>>2416513
The VA who did the CD drama will not reprise the role. Another one has been picked.
>>
>>2416532
I really hope they keep the VA for Harumi.
She did an amazing job.
>>
>>2416533
Yes she will be in the anime. Matsuri's is the only one of the previous CD drama cast to be missing. Probably too loli : Matsuri's character has been improved in the last chapters so it is not surprising.
>>
>>2416552
Yeah, her VA's voice was too loli-ish and though Matsuri indeed has to sound younger than the rest, she also needs to sound foxy and clever.
>>
File: xcvxvc.jpg (189KB, 819x818px) Image search: [Google]
xcvxvc.jpg
189KB, 819x818px
Since i received the volume 6, i read again the date and rings arc. Cute detail i missed during a first reading. Mei choosing a "yellow" bear because, well, it is her new favorite color because of a certain gyaru girlfriend.
>>
>>2416533
The VAs of the 5 leads have already been announced. I think everyone but Matsuri kept their drama CD VAs.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34382/Citrus
>>
>>2416796
Wow she's Argo from Sword Art Online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aWUkNe0ukM
>>
>>2416756
Is adorable just how deep in love Mei is for Yuzu
>>
I hope the anime only follows the manga loosely. I think Himeko, Matsuri, and Mei could come across as really unlikable if they try to adapt it exactly and only like 12 episodes to do it in.

I also hope that the anime will have Matsuri/Harumin hints. The manga didn't start hinting at it until volume 3, but now that it's obviously being teased as canon, maybe the anime staff will at least foreshadow the pairing.
>>
>>2416810
Well Matsuri is 13-14 so this is pretty good for her voice.
>>
Also Infinite updated his twitter. They are working solely on Citrus as of now. It must be hard finding an animation studio...
>>
>>2416959

And she knows about hot lesbian sex already
>>
>>2416961
Citrus was already in the info account for a long time. Nothing really change. They promote Zero Kara and Shirobako goodies. I don't see any changes.
>>
>>2416834
>I think Himeko, Matsuri, and Mei could come across as really unlikable if they try to adapt it exactly and only like 12 episodes to do it in.
That's how they're supposed to come off at the beginning, though.
You only know their good parts now in hindsight, but at the time those old chapters were released, all of them were supposed to look somewhat bitchy.
Hell, Mei's most bitchy moments (i.e. during the twins' arc) happened at a moment when we already know she had a good side to her.

Why should the experience of the anime only people be any different?
>>
>>2417286
>Why should the experience of the anime only people be any different?
Because it could end after the Matsuri arc and most of their character development won't be shown. And given it's a yuri anime it likely won't get a second season. They have to tell a complete story in likely only 12 episodes.

However, who knows, maybe the anime could just take place at a random time in the manga and might not even start at the beginning. It's not unusual for adaptions to do something that sometimes.
>>
>>2417292
>most of their character development won't be shown
Just as it was in the manga at the time, and yet, Citrus was already popular by the time Matsuri's arc ended.
>>
>>2417294
But the anime has to have a solid conclusion, which the manga didn't have in a similar timeframe.

Not to mention that most anime adaptations aren't exact. They change things around to work better in their given time allotments.
>>
>>2417295
They may change a few minor things, but it's very unlikely they'll mess with the character progression or the timeline.

The only thing they should really change is the ending, since the end of Matsuri's arc was hardly climactic.
>>
>>2417297
The main thing I could see them changing is how Christmas plays out. The anime could literally end with a confession and them officially becoming a couple earlier than in the manga. This could on the off chance create an issue if a second season gets greenlit, in that the twins arc would either have to be skipped or handled entirely differently.
>>
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/903559238957449216

January 2018
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9XAwlP5V8
>>
>>2416961
Passione is the animation studio. They've worked on Hinako Note.
>>
>>2417430
Uh, Himeko is a brunette now.

Looks good
>>
Studio: Passione (Hinako Note)
Director: Takahashi Takeo (Hinako Note)
Series Composition: Hayashi Naoki (Flip Flappers)
Character Design/Animation Direction: Ishuuin Izuro
>>
>>2417292
Unless it's having short episodes (which seems unlikely now), it's very unlikely to only do 3 volumes. I'm expecting 2 chapters per episode, which would mean 12 episodes would end with the ring exchange.
>>
OMG!!! so awesome!!
Anybody know if it's 24 min per episode?
>>
>>2417430
Holy shit it looks good.
>>
>>2417435
>Ishuuin Izuro
The reading is Ijuuin apparently
>>
>>2417430
It looks really good!
>>
Thoughts on the PV?
>>
File: DIoXPVzV4AA7CZU.png (937KB, 1400x1111px) Image search: [Google]
DIoXPVzV4AA7CZU.png
937KB, 1400x1111px
>>
>>2417430
Looks pretty good! I just expect it's 24 min long, if it's going to be 12, it's gonna sucks, coz they will do like NTR, cut a lot
>>
>>2417441
>>2417481
I suspect it will be a full length series. They don't normally give this kind of animation budget to the shorter stuff.

Also nice to see the character design has improved from that initial visual.
>>
probably a 24 min episodes. I like the PV so far even though Mei looks ... normal?
>>
>>2417434
They most likely don't want anime hair colors in the series and are trying for a more realistic look.
>>
>>2417474
They didn't show Matsuri, which is kind of disappointing, since we don't know what her design will look like yet. Wonder if she'll get a dye job like Himeko.
>>
>>2417508
It's been said she died her hair pink. She originally had light brown.
>>
>>2417502
Oh, you expected her to look more attractive to justify everyone falling in love with her?

I suspect everyone else got toned down looks to make Yuzu and her blonde hair stand out more. She's the brightest looking person in the trailer and visually draws the most attention.
>>
>>2417430
It looks like shoujo anime
>>
>>2417511
Yeah, but I wonder if the anime will still have her hair as pink since it seems they muted the colors of everyone besides Yuzu so far going by the PV.
>>
>>2417515
Ohh they will. They need to make her as a delinquent whichever she is.
>>
>>2417486
Lantis is also doing the music so I think I to is 24 mins besides it's for winter.
>>
File: CitrusCast.png (35KB, 348x247px) Image search: [Google]
CitrusCast.png
35KB, 348x247px
It looks like they listed a sixth VA for someone. So far we only had the 5 leads mentioned. Who's the new character mentioned?
>>
>>2417430
problem is himeko's hair and eyes and eyebrows
>>
>>2417430
>These Mei and Yuzu designs
>Those fucking eyes
>The shoujo music and background

What the fuck?
>>
>>2417532
Yah! They're turning it into a generic series.
>>
>ruining best girl
DROPPED
>>
>>2417521
Maruta: Ikumi Hayama
>>
>>2417539
Thank you.
>>
>>2417538
And which girl might that be?

>>2417532
At least Harumin looks amazing. And Yuzu looks alright without her makeup on. Too bad about her pink knees though.
>>
>>2417544
Eyebrows obviously.
>>
File: 1435950499385.jpg (55KB, 535x509px) Image search: [Google]
1435950499385.jpg
55KB, 535x509px
>>2417430
>that OST
>eyebrows doesn't have her eyebrows anymore
>that OST
>pink knees and neon eyes
>that fucking OST
>>
>>2417549
Is yuri finished after this blunder?
>>
>>2417550
Casuals might like it. But it could cause someone to either not watch to read the manga or cause them to have very different expectations for what it is.
>>
>>2417440
Potentially it fits really well into 12 episodes of 2 chapters each:

1: deal with teacher
2: deal with grandfather
3: visiting Yuzu's dad's grave
4: Mei's dad
5: cliffhanger of Matsuri getting the photo of Mei kissing her
6: Matsuri gives up
7: cliffhanger of Mei announcing she's started dating Sara
8: Yuzu and Mei are dating
9: end with umbrella scene
10: election
11: date
12: rings
>>
>>2417549
Didn't Himeko's eyebrows start out somewhat normal and got bigger as the manga progressed. I'm thinking that's how it went.
>>
>>2417554
Very logical, but I somehow think they'll do it differently than this. They could even try to rush and get through the summer trip arc the manga's currently on.
>>
>>2417555
Yup.
>>
Here's two more staff credits.

Music Production: Lantis
Production: Infinite
>>
>>2417561
>They could even try to rush and get through the summer trip arc the manga's currently on.

God I hope they don't rush towards that. That rings scene seems like a natural conclusion and leaves room for more
>>
>>2417596
>leaves room for more
That's part of the potential problem really. There might not be a second season. And with one of the main things about the manga being Yuzu and later Mei lusting after each other, they might not want it to end until after they have their first time together.
>>
Matsuri being listed as a main is one of the reasons I think the anime will go further than the ring arc. Matsuri didn't get much focus once her arc ended except for volume bonus chapters until after the ring arc. The summer trip arc is where she's once again center stage.
>>
>>2417606
That doesn't follow at all. She'd be listed as one of the mains so long as it includes her arc.
>>
>>2417609
Then why isn't Sara listed as a main?
>>
>Trailer looks great
>"....her knees are PINK!!!111"
>>
>>2417474
~PINK KNEES~
>>
>>2417610
I suppose my thinking was more that including her arc is enough to justify her being listed as a main, so it isn't a sign she's going to be more important than that.

Characters in the second half of the season might be announced together later.
>>
>>2417620
Honestly, I could see the twins arc being drastically altered or omitted entirely. It was not a well-received arc overall, even if it ended with Yuzu and Mei finally getting together. And to top it off, its ultimate resolution for Sara was only shown in a volume bonus chapter and included actual incest.
>>
>>2417625
There are certainly people who whine about it (and the Matsuri arc) but I don't think that's really the overall view and I doubt the anime staff will think they should try to fix it.

>And to top it off, its ultimate resolution for Sara was only shown in a volume bonus chapter and included actual incest.
That's really irrelevant.
>>
>>2417628
>That's really irrelevant.
I've seen literal hentai that have changed things because they were too offensive. The truth is that anime can water down the source material to make it more acceptable for TV.
>>
>>2417629
I'm saying the bonus chapter is irrelevant. It was just a bonus booklet, not something even in an actual volume. So it's the sort of thing very unlikely to put it in the anime anyway.

(I expect they will tone things down a bit, but it'll be stuff like not directly showing the teacher kissing Mei)
>>
>>2417430
>let's take art, the only good thing about the manga, and ruin it
Sasuga. Looks like garbage.
>>
>>2417641
I hope they tone down the Himeko/Mei fakeout scene.

It was silly. She basically molests Mei, then later actions like Harumin and Yuzu's indirect kiss during lunch was some ultra lewd thing.
>>
>>2417641
I hope they keep when Yuzu goes chikan on Mei on the train.
>>
I al a little "meh, not so good". I had my hopes high with a PA Works animation and something more slice of life and comedy like Tari Tari.

The OSt is not good but, it is a PV, some PV do not reveal the quality of the final version.

The anime itself is not so bad, it ok, but as some anons said, it is generic. Saburouta's is difficult to match, especially the eyes. Mei is like a dead fish here.

And the ten last chapters were golden in term of art quality. I hope the anime will be able to improve in the area to show Mei and Yuzu's physical changes and growing.
>>
>>2417656
Better artstyle I could understand, but why would you expect
>something more slice of life and comedy like Tari Tari?
>>
They ruined the art which was the only good thing about the manga. Kek. And the voices don't match, sounds awful
>>
>>2417669
The voices are OK. And the anime studio didn't really decide on that, they just reused the drama CD cast, except for Matsuri.
>>
File: HarumiYoshino.png (1MB, 2221x938px) Image search: [Google]
HarumiYoshino.png
1MB, 2221x938px
Knew she looked familiar.
>>
>>2417674
Holy shit.
>>
>>2417674
Harumin looks much different in her gyaru outfits.
>>
>>2417674
Always thought that Saburouta was inspired by Maria Sama.

Mei = Sachiko
Harumi = Yoshino
Himeko = Touko (well without the brow)

Yuzu is the only one to stand out cause no gyaru in Marimite, but she has common point with Yumi and her smile always reminded me of Sei.
>>
I'm sure this will flop hard just like NTR. Between soap opera mexican drama and cute girls doing cute things maybe Kase-san could do better than this.
>>
>>2417677
I'll add. Yumi and Yuzu are solar individuals that brighten other people lives, transform them (they are almost some sort of saint) and they have the same quirk : their thoughts show on their face and they are able to have so many different funny faces.
>>
>>2417677
>>2417682
wft so Citrus literally started out as Saburouta's Maria sama fanfiction?
>>
>>2417686
No no no, i am just saying that i would not be surprised that it is one of her many references. I can see, in the manga, many many cheeky winks to other mangas and anime. She is like a geek that puts many hints of all she read.
>>
Question here to people who know a little more about the anime world.

If the anime flops, is the manga endangered ? Could it mean a hurried ending, or can we say that there isn't any correlation, it is just a bonus for a mangaka published by Yurihime, nothing more, and some promo for the magazine.

Frankly, if i was in search of reading a new manga, the anime could make me run away from reading the original source.

Here, we read the manga, so we are already followers or fans, it depends, but could the anime just cause losing some potential reader for the author ?
>>
>>2417693
Citrus is already a fairly popular niche manga, I doubt if a bad anime would effect it. Plus, you have manga fans that will outright tell people the anime adaption is bad if it turns out to be. Usually an anime adaption is just used to help boost the source material's reader base.

About the only time I've seen an anime negatively impact the source material was Sunday Without God, where the anime flop cause the writer to stop giving a fuck and give the manga a bad ending.
>>
>>2417697
Thanks for the precision. Let's hope the animation will be polished for january.
>>
>>2417693
There's some cases where a manga kind of needs to be successfully boosted by an anime to justify carrying on. But that's in magazines where they know they have the potential to have multiple large hits and that's what sets the kind of bar for success there. Citrus's level of sales represents an important success for YH, so it makes no sense to dump it. Making an anime of it is basically an opportunity to make more of that success.
>>
>>2417703
That's probably why it was given to Passione. Their expectations for it are lower because it's still a niche title.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/911/Passione
>>
>>2417679
>I'm sure this will flop hard just like NTR

I'm guessing it'll be successful as Maid Dragon: middling disc sales but LOTS of viewer response
>>
>>2417712
I'll wait until the anime finishes airing to decide. The PV seems to be getting very mixed responses at the moment, but a few clips from episode 1 is hardly representative of the entire season.
>>
>>2417712
Kek are you seriously comparing Maid Dragon with a niche genre
I'n talking about Japan audience. If anime gets very popular here it doesn't matter. And I doubt it will be popular, Citrus is prettt generic, not very much to offer to nip audience
>>
>>2417693
YH doesn't give a fuck about Citrus and NTR anime doing well. What they want is to promote their magazine.
If anything, whether the anime is shit or not, it won't do anything to manga sales. Either is good and it way increase sales a little bit, or is shit and manga sales remain as they are now. Nothing will happen. Yuru Yuri is still YH's biggest title, but (inside) YH Citrus and NTR still represent lots of sales, so I doubt they'll do something negative.
>>
Does anyone else think they made the sensei scene look too consensual? It doesn't look like sensei has his hand on top of Mei's head forcing her to not move and Mei looks more turned on rather than distressed in this version.
>>
>>2417679
I’m not sure NTR is flopping. It seems like the kind of thing specifically designed to make streaming revenue anyway, and someone horny is always going to click those thumbnails.
>>
>>2417669
>kek
>>
>>2417746
Estimated sales of NTR are about 400-700. And that is for the first BD which is always the one who sells better than the others.
>>
>>2417430
I don't get the complaints, it looks good to me.
>>
>>2417781
And? The entire BD market is dead. The big hits don’t even cross the 10k line any more and often barely even make it to 5k. The same is true for revenue from other countries besides Japan. Only Germany still has a functioning disk market, everywhere else streaming nets more revenue than physical releases.
Just look at the declining disk sales, yet more shows are made than ever before. There is revenue, it’s just not in disks, so tracking those sales becomes more and more irrelevant.
>>
>>2417785
Some people can't appreciate good things. We're lucky that we didn't get the NTR treatment, yet somebody complains about "pink knees".
>>
>>2417786
Whatever, Citrus BD sales won't be good either.
>>
>>2417786
YOI sold + 27k (as far as I know, it sold way more than estimated number). Free! i think 15k or 150k and Osomatsu( forgot the name) sold 150k too. And popular animes get to sell +10k. So nope, BD imdustry is not dead by any means.
>>
>>2417816
The titles you listed have one thing in common, they’re fujoshi shows, and for some reason fujos still buy disks. They’ve historically lagged behind in anything and still bought DVDs when everyone else was using BDs, so I guess it makes sense for them to buy BDs now that everyone else has abandoned disks entirely.
Not to mention that Free is 4 years old now, the disk market was still in a much better shape back then. Osomatsu S2 will drop HARD too, maybe not quite as hard as Attack on Titan but not too far off.

Disk sales have plummeted in the past 2 or so years, yet the amount of shows being made has increased. It’s not hard to see what that means.
>>
>>2417834
>Disk sales have plummeted in the past 2 or so years, yet the amount of shows being made has increased. It’s not hard to see what that means.

if only streaming numbers gets released from legit sites
>>
File: a weapon t surpass metal gear.png (195KB, 483x564px) Image search: [Google]
a weapon t surpass metal gear.png
195KB, 483x564px
It feels like a shoujo series, but I'm digging it Just hope they don't tone down the silly.
>>
File: what the fuck sis.png (353KB, 619x626px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck sis.png
353KB, 619x626px
I know I might be expecting too much from japanese high school students, but is everyone in this manga retarded or am I just expecting too much?
>>
>>2417430
Honestly, the character designs are better than I could have hoped for in a full-length anime. I want this not to be absolute trash, but that OST is making me want to smash my head against a brick wall.
>>
>>2417923
everyone in every manga is retarded mate

of course you're expecting too much from girl's love vietnamese cave scratchings
>>
>>2417944
Look I just wish they were smarter when dealing with things, it seems it has only gotten worse after that whole arc with Matsuri
>>
>>2417834
Not the OP, but don't worry, it really isn't limited to the genre. YOI (released in 2016) did sold very well, around, 60K+ average. However, Love live Sunshine, which was released in the same year, sold 55K+ average. They were the only two most recent shows to hit the "Top 10" in terms of sales amongst all TV anime sold (minus the franchises, like Naruto...etc..).
>>
>>2417430
Mei's eyes really should be darker, the rest is fine.
>>
>>2417430
It looks alright. The music they used in the PV is pretty lame though. I really hope it’s not indicative of what the rest of the soundtrack is like. Also Mei could have been a bit hotter i guess.
>>
File: 58107637_p0.jpg (402KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
58107637_p0.jpg
402KB, 791x1024px
>>
>>2417952
Mei is dysfunctional and Yuzu has the appearance of a gyaru, but is a huge dork and has no romantic experience. It also doesn't help when she has people like Matsuri in her life.
>>
>>2417430
It looks fairly good, they didn't manage to keep Sab's style though. Soundtrack didn't stand out, can't wait to see Yuzu's outfits and hairstyles animated.
>>
So I watched the PV a handful of times through out the day since this morning (cause I'm autistic). At first I saw it on my phone a couple times and hated it. Then I saw it again on my widescreen monitor and loved it. Now I'm watching again on the same monitor and its not so much bad as its just meh.

The character designs sort of take away the charm of the story. Yuzu and Mei seem like average teenagers, especially Mei. In the manga was easy to grasp why her character had such a hold on the protagonist and other characters, similar to Shizuma. The manga is also liked for it's quirkiness and Himeko's design (eyebrows, hair color) played into that. I dunno, it's def not shit like NTR and over all this may still be a great anime, but it may not have the lasting impact on the genre like we had hoped.
>>
>>2418014
It'll probably be great. Full length episodes and decent animation, it'll be magical for me to see it move. It just doesn't have Saburouta's style, which is disappointing, looks more generic anime. I'm happy it's getting animated though.
>>
>>2418024
Its infinite it would have to be 22 mins. There is some clues already with the Himeko scene. she's not introduced until later in the manga. So that'll be an anime original part.
>>
>expecting manga level designs for an anime
>especially for a yuri anime
>especially for designs as elaborated as Saburouta's
You set yourself for disappointment. You've only got yourself to blame.
For anyone with common sense, the PV looked great - the music was indeed disappointing, though.
>>
File: fsf.jpg (32KB, 463x410px) Image search: [Google]
fsf.jpg
32KB, 463x410px
>>2418190
The manga design would have been hard to follow because of animation reason. People have to remind that it need to be animated.

Anyway, the PV isn't so bad, just need to polish Mei a little, animation is ok, VA too. Harumi and Himeko, nailded. Himeko brows were thicker at the beginning.

Yuzu is ok, i find that she was perfectly spotted at the end of the PV.

But, the ost is awful ... which is not a good indicator of the final one. I remember seing PV with OST very cringy and having at the end something good. It is generic because it is not done.
>>
Thread soon to be archived, page 8, bump limit reached.

New thread : >>2418235
>>
New thread : >>2418238
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.