[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Marnie was there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images (8).jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
24KB, 512x288px
So /u/ what was your first reaction when watching this movie? I legit tought it was going to be a Yuri movie at the start but them i Saw It wasent i would have given It a 10/10 If It dident have the that Twist at the end.
>>
While it was enjoyable, I'm not sure if a thread dedicated to the film belongs on this board (Although an anon may pop by and prove me wrong).

Polite sage for minimal contribution.
>>
>>2397891
Well i certainly agree becouse of the ending of the movie. But more them half of the movie is invested into what at looked like a romance btwen Ana and Marnie.
>>
File: marnie006.jpg (408KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
marnie006.jpg
408KB, 750x1000px
When Marnie was Bisexual
>>
Saw it in theaters. Girlfriend and I were ecstatic about how totally fucking gay it was. Then the rubber nen moment came at the end and our yuri bait got shayamalan'd to shit and we left depressed. Still a good movie, I'll just stop right before the end and pretend they're lesbians. There's gotta be some good fanart out there.
>>
I'd been spoiled on the novel before it even came out so I didn't go in expecting yuri and had my goggles firmly off. Nice movie though and one of my favorites out of the more recent Ghiblis.
>>
>>2398073
I watched it online and i dident know what It was about, when i got the part of the Forest and they where saying how they love each other i was alredy certain It was going to be a 10 out of 10 But as we all Saw It dident end as we wanted. The only excuse for that shit ending would be them thinking It would be too bad to show lesbians so they tried to anulate all the gay stuff by making Marnie Ana's grandmother wich made It look weird as fuck.
>>
>>2398093
Well it was also based on a book, so their hands were sort of tied there
>>
>>2397854
When you accidentally want to fuck your grandma and become your own grandma.
>>
Just because your first love happens to be your grandma doesn't mean you aren't a lesbian.
>>
>studio ghibli
>lesbian

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS
>>
The movie is about a million times gayer than the book. Now that the director has his own studio he needs to do a sequel where Anna is in art college and is haunted by the ghost of twentysomething Marnie who keeps nagging her about wanting to meet her girlfriend.
>>
>>2397967
5 mins into sketching and chill when your grandma gives you this look
>>
you guys seriously weren't spoiled by /u/? When it first aired in japan, there was a thread constantly on page 1 here with many post declaring the spoiler twist
>>
>>2400342
And then Granny embarrasses her granddaughter in front of her potential future in law.
>>
>>2400958
Tbh i only recently discovered /u/ so dont blame me for making this thread.
>>
File: 50644192_p0.jpg (397KB, 1231x833px) Image search: [Google]
50644192_p0.jpg
397KB, 1231x833px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.