[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri Game Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 37

File: gallery-cg3.jpg (129KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-cg3.jpg
129KB, 800x450px
Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Previous thread: >>2388706

Lists of Yuri Games:
https://pastebin.com/Pgksn5ke
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Yuri Game CGs:
http://pastebin.com/PXKFuZGh

Related Threads:

Sono Hanabira: >>2295906
Nights of Azure: >>2375123
FLOWERS: >>2353845
Akai Ito / Aoishiro: >>2334926
Life is Strange: >>2352641
Valkyrie Drive: >>2391794
Hyperdimension Neptunia: >>2303244
>>
Recent news:

Kotonoha Amrilato has a trial version out - http://uw1.gyutto.jp/sozai/kotonoha_trial.zip

News on Atelier Liddy and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting coming soon?

Seabed announced an English release date of Dec 26

Subahibi's kickstarter is going on, game set to release in late August (not a true yuri game but some people may be interested)
>>
>>2396977
Silver certainly looks like she wants to break MC's barrier.
>>
>>2396973
One or two Yuri VNs being released at C92:
全ての恋に、花束を。
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/announce/=/product_id/RJ204225.html
and
Lunatically Cage (?)
https://luciolize.wixsite.com/luciolize.
Luciolize has a booth at C92 but seeing their page and inactive twitter doesn't look like they'll release it on time. https://webcatalog-free.circle.ms/Circle/13327749
>>
So apart from Bioware is anyone doing party based rpgs with lesbian?
>>
>>2397379
Obsidian and the other one doing the Pathfinder game, possibly. And Original Sin 2 is coming soon.
>>
>>2397381
Doesn't Sawyer hate romance?
>>
>>2397383
Apparently not anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIUqGbIUP6c
>>
>>2397386
Can't check it out right now, can you give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>2397403
It's a creepy guy on a picnic with himself.
>>
File: just_a_massage.png (1MB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
just_a_massage.png
1MB, 1278x720px
Is yuri compatible with Catholicism?
>>
>>2397493
There'a a loophole in the bible.

The nuns though in Flowers are way too nice with their, "We don't encourage it, but we have nothing against it" attitude.
>>
>>2397495
I think the nuns in Flowers are all repressed lesbians themselves. I don't know about anyone else but I was picking up some vibes between Daria-sensei and Katabami-sensei when I read Automne.
>>
>>2397493
Monotheism isn't compatible with Japanese. They'll go to church in the morning then go visit a Shinto shrine.

There's a saying in Japan that when you're born you're Shinto, when you get married you're Christian, and when you die you're Buddhist
>>
>>2397374
>http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/announce/=/product_id/RJ204225.html
They made Atom Grrrl so i can expect a sweet and weird yuri experience made with the budget of a pack of gum
>>
>>2397405
>creepy guy

He's quite BALANCED.
>>
>>2397501
The heroines are a ghost, a dog and a mannequin. So nothing weird.
>>
>>2397503
I bet someone stopped him or he would still patch PoE
>>
>>2396973
>subahibi
Sweet looking forward to that one Yuri scene among a shit ton of het
>>
>>2397512
Its an entire route from what I hear, but Suba is really really really long, so that's not saying much.
>>
>>2397512
>>2397519
You know they love each other when they get raped to death.
>>
>>2397667
>she was never touched by a man right?
Jesus had siblings aplenty, though.
>>
>>2397386
Glad to see they changed their opinion on romances and I like their current approach, if it is as good in the game as it sounds on paper, then I can only hope they offer decent female companions. I am currently playing PoE with the expansions and it feels bland when it comes to the characters.

People complain a lot about romances, but I do not think the solution is to remove them completely, but try to improve them. Romance/Sex is a part of humanity as any other, so disregarding it when it could perfectly fit makes the story a bit childish from my point of view.
>>
>>2397512
I am, actually. I'm a masochist, the suffering makes the bright spots brighter.
>>
>>2397685
There are a couple of problems with having "the Bioware romance" in these games really.
1) The time scale is generally too short to make them feel like real relationships developed over time which is part of the reason people make fun of the "press nice button 3 times to receive sex" of Mass Effect and later games.
2) People expect all possible tastes to be catered to in one game (not that it's wrong to want that, but it makes it so much more difficult). Where they already struggle to have a full cast of interesting and likeable characters, now they need to make sure they have a character of every possible sexuality too. This leads to bland, boring characters (or worse, awful, offensively bad ones) just there to tick a box and makes the relationships feel even more hollow and robotic.

IMO, these kind of RPGs are better off not trying to do the "we just met a week ago and now we're the most truest soulmates forever let's fuck" thing, but giving you other ways to express your character's sexuality through interactions with NPCs. Flirting, maybe some short flings, background story options. That kind of thing provides more roleplaying opportunities without all the baggage of "Bioware romance".

For reference, Viconia is the only party member romance out of any of these type of games I really like and it's unfortunate that without mods it's straight only.
>>
>>2397695
At least in cases like this game, there are returning party-members from the first so there's a lot more history involved. I'm sure ME romances wouldn't have seemed so artificial if the first game had none and only focused on other types of relationships, leading to romances in the second game for example. Although they'd still have Bioware writing.

I'm interested in seeing how it goes in PoE. I enjoyed the first game (after it got patches and expansions, not so much at launch) but the companions got little focus overall and Obsidian of today has hardly any romances in their portfolios.

I'm pretty sure Sawyer's objections to romance has always been that his standards for them are too high/different from what can reasonably be implemented and what people enjoy. And when Avellone was there writing companions with his hate of good end romances it's no surprise they weren't including much. There's been a lot of recent discussions that I know he's aware of if not participated in regarding how female RPG players fucking love romance and if I had to bet he probably got on board with it as a concession to that, an effort to make the game more appealing to women. Might just leave them to others to write.
>>
>>2397695
The way I see Bioware games these days is like they're big Hollywood romps. You have your light plots, action and fast romances. Something to enjoy if you're into that sort of thing.

>>2397708
>Obsidian of today has hardly any romances in their portfolios

Neverwinter Nights 2 and it's expansion had some kind of semi-romances IIRC. And Alpha Protocol had kind of tacked on romance too (although I'm not sure if anyone who worked on that is still in the company).
>>
>>2397721
Yes indeed, there was also various romance-related content in Mask of the Betrayer and KotOR2. But game studios are in constant rotation and I believe not all of Obsidian's employees are working on PoE2. I have to imagine a significant number of people involved with PoE2 had nothing to do with any of these other games at all.

For example, in PoE 1, Eric Fenstermaker was the lead writer, but he's not there any more. He and Avellone who are both gone wrote three companions. Carrie Patel wrote two, and PoE was her first game at Obsidian. Sawyer wrote one and I don't believe he did any writing on any of Obsidian's romances. Etc etc, I think only Matt McLean remains of the people who wrote PoE1 companions that did any writing work on these games too.
>>
>>2397721
>You have your light plots

You don't have any actual plot. Just things happening.
>>
>>2397743
>KotOR2

Wasn't all of the romance content cut, or do I remember it wrong?
>>
>>2397746
No, but it's all very subtexty.
>>
>>2397744
we has 2 fite da bad aliums cuz dey iz bad! da gud aliums we can fug! -ME Andromeda
Bioware always had basic stories, but they were never near as bad as they became when EA bought them.
>>
>>2397759
tbf Andromeda also has the whole "start the colonies" plot that doesn't really go anywhere.
>>
>>2397759
I wouldn't mind simple plot. If it was coherent and one thing actually lead to another. But not this. This is insulting.
>>
>>2397695
>time scale is generally too short to make them feel like real relationships developed over time
It's not really the time scale that's the problem, it's more the very limited amount of scenes devoted to building the romance. For instance the events of both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Inquisition are supposed to take place over the course of a year - more than enough time for a proper relationship to develop - but you'll never guess while playing. I guess we're supposed to assume that the relationships develop mostly off-screen, but this would work a lot better if the few scenes we do get made it clear said development happened off-screen.
>>
I think what I'd really like is to have an established NPC lesbian couple that can join your party. Like Khalid and Jaheira except gay and one of them doesn't die in the sequel.
>>
>>2397775
It works for some people because their minds fill in the gaps during those long hours of doing missions between cutscenes. If you watch just the romance scenes out of context though, it seems incredibly fast and shallow.
>>
>>2397798
>If you watch just the romance scenes out of context though, it seems incredibly fast and shallow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEamURJbOzE
>>
>>2397799
Still better than current Bioware romances.
>>
>>2397799
Romance done right.
>>
>>2397798
If I'm going to fill it in myself, I prefer something like DivOS or Skyrim where I can just use two female characters and basically make up the entire relationship in my head anyway.

>>2397800
It unironically is since it makes perfect sense in the context of the characters and the situation.
>>
/u/ aside, I'm still looking for a good shooter. /v/ is no place to ask, so I thought I might as well ask here for a recommendation or two? Please?
>>
File: divine_command.png (475KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
divine_command.png
475KB, 800x800px
>>2397809
>/u/ aside
>>
>>2397809
Nice way of asking for recommendations.

Serious Sam/Painkiller.
>>
>>2397519
Only read Down the Rabbit Hole I if you're interested in yuri. The rest of the vn isn't yuri.

Pursue one of the two Wakatsuki sisters and don't pursue the mystery of Zakuro, because that kicks off the path to the non-yuri story.
>>
File: 1480746607428.jpg (419KB, 1024x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1480746607428.jpg
419KB, 1024x1447px
>>2397809
DOOM
>>
File: 1490792326407.png (495KB, 1024x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1490792326407.png
495KB, 1024x1447px
>>2397830
Me too.
>>
>>2397826
>>2397831
Any more Doom gal pics of this artist? Also who is the artist?
>>
>>2397833
saucenao says it's this guy

http://francotieppo.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2397825
The Kimika branch of Looking-Glass Insects is also yuri.
>>
>>2397809
What do you want from a shooter? Realism where you die from a straight bullet, bullet sponges and chest-high walls, lots of power ups and weapons to play with, high-octane wall-running and rocket-jumping, low-octane trench crawling and sitting in a bush for hours trying to come up with a plan with three retarded teammates, multiplayer focus, singleplayer focus, co-op mode, campaign, horde mode, etc.?

>>2397798
Most Bioware games have too much content for me to be able to reliably fill something in without feeling like I'm forcing a story on top of an already existing (albeit shallow) story. This kind of "make your own story in your head" thing works best with sandboxes, as >>2397804 noted.

The lack of one-on-one dialogues that don't happen strictly during an allotted break time is what's hurting those Bioware-esque romances, in my opinion. Friendships don't suffer too much from this, since friendly banter during missions is a relatively common thing and does enough to build up some affection towards your party members, but it's hard to feel anything "romantic" about a character you only speak to every two hours or so. Would be nice if there was a trigger or something that would make the companion you're trying to shag participate in dialogues more, voicing their opinion, addressing you, etc.
>>
>>2397695
Bioware romance should be seen as something to improve and not to copy anymore.
Time scale's an issue in any media (I watch GoT and sometimes I think they don't have horses but rockets or I read a lot of lesbian novels, and there this issue is even worse), I do not think it is that different for video games.
For example, DAII takes 10 years for its story, but you actually only play 4 of those. And I'm not saying you should see each year, time skip is a valid resource, but they did not change the world and characters so much to actually feel like 3 years have passed since the first act of the game to the second. PoE uses the traditional system of travelling, so they could increase the overall value and make good use of the sequel to improve the time scale, although the main and real problem for me will still persist: if they reflect the time passing well or not.

I totally agree with your second point though. It's hard to please everybody. It happened to me with ME: Andromeda because I wanted Cora's booty but she's straight as heck so I've not bought the game yet (and because it seems bad). Sometimes adding too many options makes the world less beliavable.

The thing is that as you well pointed out, we still refer to BG2 romances as good examples, but that game is almost two decades old so there is a lot of room for improvement:
Fallout 4 has an horrendous system and its het beginning for a blank character is atrocious.
Skyrim's characters have the personality of a wall (they tried with the vampire girl form the DLC).
The Witcher 3 has the books to rely on for their romances and the characters.
Shadowrun Dragonfall tried to add a bit of context with the first chick and then subtext with Glory (I fell in love with this game).
DAO had the gift issues, but there were some nice details. I cannot comment on DAI's romances because I've not played the DLC yet (finished it on 360 and now replaying it on PS4, I'm masochist).

And comment too long. Sorry.
>>
>>2397847
>What do you want from a shooter?

The thing I'm looking for most is nice gunplay. Everything else is secondary (I love aforementioned Sam and Doom already).
>>
>>2397869
Single player, that is.
>>
>>2397804
Subtext or nothing is sometimes good. In Skyrim, as I said, the characters are not interesting (let's be kind and say most of the time) so adding a romance (apart from getting married quickly) would feel off. I prefer reading fanfics that are better than anything that Bethesda could ever write.

Although your comment reminded me of Borderlands The Presequel. I liked how they handled it there (some tidbits and together in the end) and how their romance kept going in the Telltale's game.
>>
>>2397869
If you want a good variety of weapons try Painkiller Black Edition. There are also cheat codes for more fun (slowing down time and steaking someone to a wall/ground/ceiling by every limb, or making somebody a pincushion with the shuriken gun).
>>
>>2397879
I likely will. Always forgot to get Painkiller (played the first ages ago) proper.
Much appreciated, - the potentially two of - you who mentioned it.
>>
>>2397860
>because I wanted Cora's booty but she's straight as heck
Cora was one of the blandest and least interesting squadmates I've ever seen in a Bioware game. Maybe she opens up more in her romance route, but in her normal dialog all you get from her is that she's a professional soldier and an asari fangirl who likes gardening. No depth, no nuance, nothing compelling whatsoever.
Also, it's dumb that they gave her the Harper surname, but no connection whatsoever with Illusive Man.
>>
>>2397898
Every squadmate except for Dickhead McPoncho and the racoon girl was bland.
>>
>>2397901
Drack was pretty good, though I guess it's pretty easy to make entertaining krogan characters.
But I meant Cora was bland even by Andromeda standards. Literally every other crew member was more interesting than she was, and several of the side characters as well.
>>
>>2397901
>Racoon girl isn't bland
Holy shit, she was terrible.
>>
>>2397898
Then I literally only wanted her ass.

I will end up buying Andromeda, but when it is really cheap, 20€ at most. All I read is discouraging but the Mass Effect fan inside me is still there.
>>
>>2397928
She's bad, but she's not bland. Cora, on the other hand, is both bad and bland.
>>
>>2397860
>It happened to me with ME: Andromeda because I wanted Cora's booty but she's straight as heck
i wanted Jack and Cassandra, it's like Bioware hate us or something
>>
>>2397898
>but no connection whatsoever with Illusive Man.

Going by even the very premise of Andromeda, the reason why people are going on a 600+ year "journey", there is nothing more obvious than Bioware wanting to get away from all things ME2 and 3.
As bad as it would've been to have the premise being fleeing from reapers, what we got was even more retarded. All for the sake of not connecting directly.
>>
>>2397993
Why bring up Liara then?
>>
>>2397994
Because LIara and Tali evoke fond memories in the fanboys. Those are a-ok.
Hell, the one major connection to the milky way is the dumbest thing of the entire premise.

It's just incredible how much of a mess this shit has become. Entertaining to go through all the angles, though.
>>
>>2397994
Liara is fucking popular, even a namedrop could make some people curious and trying out the game for themselves.
>>
>>2397977
Cassandra still hurts. At least flirting with her was fun, but then the game only let me romance that counselor or Sera. Sigh.
>>
>>2397804
>>2397874
For Skyrim if you don't mind modding shit to hell and back, using amorous adventures can get you some half-decent romancing. With some banging thrown in if you got the additional mods for the animations.

Though this does mean you need the legendary edition for skyrim on the PC. Which is the only version one you should ever play ever.
>>
>>2398018
Isn't that the version with bitcrushed audio?
>>
>>2398065
it's the original version with all the dlc. Not the updated version that's on 64bit that originally had it's audio borked and is completely pointless to play due to not having a script extender or any decent level of ENB support.
>>
>>2398067
Ah, gotcha. Thought "Legendary" and "Special edition" were the same thing.
>>
>>2398069
They're not.

Also I've, and many people over on /tesg/, have taken to referring to special editon as special needs edition. For obvious reasons.
>>
>>2398067
Hold up, it still doesn't have SKSE?
>>
>>2398078
No, and it'll probably never have it for various reasons.
>>
>>2398115
So despite the engine change it's a gimped version?
Jood job, Beth.
>>
File: 39765448_p0.jpg (1MB, 1000x1419px) Image search: [Google]
39765448_p0.jpg
1MB, 1000x1419px
>>2398124
Wow. I'm glad I bought Skyrim when it was first released a long time ago. I didn't think it would be possible for a game company to fuck up a release of what should just basically be a greatest hits edition, but I guess Bioware finds new ways to be retarded.
>>
>>2398127
>Bioware
You mean Bethesda
>>
>>2397993
Yes, but the point was that they gave her the same last name as the Illusive Man, a.k.a. Jack Harper. It makes no sense to do that if there was no connection between the two characters.
>>
>>2398189
Harper is a fairly common name as semi-common last one. It's not unthinkable that there would be a person with the same last name as another person and not be related to them. Hell, I've met probably a dozen people who share my last name who weren't related to me.
>>
>>2398132
Oh yeah, whoops. Well, they are both good at screwing things up.
>>
>>2398124
>unavoidable
Mods have fixed it actually. Though it's better fixed if you don't particularly care for the MQ.
>>2398128
>can get
You would have gotten it for free if you owned it on steam and had all the dlc at the time of the release of the special needs edition. Which was like, a year plus ago or something. Don't really remember, and don't really care.
>>
Thoughts on Before the Storm? We are going to romance Rachel this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aCiiTG33k
>>
>>2398214
Shit game, go to it's own thread.
>>
>>2398200
Yes, that's perfectly normal in real life. But Mass Effect is fiction. In fiction, you don't create two characters with the same last name if there's no connection between them. Just like you don't give two characters the same first name, even if it's a common name you'd expect lots of people to have in the real world.
>>
>>2398214
>prequel
It's shit.
>>
>>2398236
>Just like you don't give two characters the same first name, even if it's a common name you'd expect lots of people to have in the real world.
Well you do if you're making a point of it (either 'Huh, these two characters have the same name but are totally different' or 'yes, many minor characters have the same first names because the world is like that')

But you need to reassure the reader what to expect, or they'll be waiting for a big reveal. And if you didn't even notice the names were the same, that's just sloppy.
>>
>>2398255
>that's just sloppy
That's Bioware from ME2 on in a nutshell.
>>
>>2398115
Please don't spread misinformation. There's enough of that on /v/, we don't need it here.

They haven't abandoned anything, and most of the basic work was completed months ago. It is slow-going because a couple of them are working on other things (one is focusing on F4SE) and the remaining dude has life priorities that prevent him from devoting all his spare time to it.

It's a big project that's sorely understaffed, it isn't abandoned until they say it's abandoned.
>>
>>2398325
BIDF plz go.
>>
>>2398325
I'm not even sure why they're bothering with the speshuuul edition. As far as I know, it doesn't have any advantages you can't mod into the regular one.
>>
I wish their was a Rance-esque game we're you play as a female warlord, and you go around conquering and subjecting other female warlords, and turn them into you're sex slaves.

With Total War-esque gameplay.
>>
>>2398115
Wtf is that modded Skyrim?
The best I could ever do was make my characters not look like they were beaten with an ugly stick
>>
So Hellblade - Senua's Sacrifice. Is the protagonists dead lover a guy?
>>
>>2398566
It's Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory trying to go for deep and meaningful.
Don't bother.
>>
Holy fuck onee-sans, it's out

https://youtu.be/36lAVsXO7XQ
>>
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-launches-ps4-switch-ps-vita-winter-japan

They're sisters. I guess anyone who was freaking out over the whole trap joke can rest easy now. Will it be better than Firis, though?

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/death-end-request-details-odysseia-adventurers-characters-al-clea-celica

Not sure what to make of this one. From what I can tell part of the game you play as a girl trapped in a dead VR game. The other half you're some programmer dude whose trying to help her out and is uncovering some conspiracy in the real world. With that said I assume the girls in the game will only be working with the female lead and won't end up somehow being male lead's harem, but it's Compile Heart so you never know.
>>
File: Death-end-re-Quest_08-07-17_003.jpg (113KB, 600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Death-end-re-Quest_08-07-17_003.jpg
113KB, 600x1068px
>>2398577
This design hits all the right buttons for me. Too bad it'll most likely end up being a bad game I won't play.
>>
>>2398577
The name Soeur seems like kind of a burn when you're the younger one of twins.
>>
>>2398577
>>2398615
>Compile Heart
Nevermind.
>>
https://yurination.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/highway-blossoms-remastered-voiceover-preview-and-estimated-release-date/
>>
>>2398629
I recognize none of the VAs listed except Jill Harris
>>
>>2398577
>Will it be better than Firis, though?

Likely. I like Firis, but I recognize the lack of polishing. This one is supposed to be the anniversary game, so they should make it better.
A bummer that they're sisters, but they're twin sisters. Those are usually pretty cute interacting in weeb things and fun to ship.
Things to consider: the Battle are between pair, so there might be some kind of mechanic about who you pair up with who.
They go inside paintings to explore, so I guess the open world format is gone (maybe for the better).
The mechanic about making item in the middle of the battle reminds me of Atelier Iris, but better, since you make the item before that.
Actually made me think if the characters won't have the same roles as Atelier Iris 2, with one girl staying home and doing synthesis while the other one goes to explore the painting world.
No mention to Sophie and Firis yet, but I hope they are back.
>>
>>2396972
Just finished the trial, I must say I really enjoyed it. The MC's voice was a bit annoying at first but I came to like MC and grey hair. They really make a good couple and it got me a bit interested in Esperanto. It's not difficult from what I've seen yet, biggest problem would be vocabulary (grammar looks really easy to understand).
The game does it well in getting the reader as lost as MC is, but I saw on the website that once you've completed the game, the Esperanto sentences will have a Japanese translation above the text which is kind of a reward for completing it. I for one was pretty confused in the game, but I loved how the language was represented to the reader. The seiyuus are both speaking Esperanto (but I think with a heavy Japanese accent, which is cute imo), and MC learns it bit by bit. Grey hair was really cute too, she looks like a perfect wife but who knows, maybe they'll have some secrets later.
I'm really interested in seeing how the two will develop and learn each other's languages (Ruka/grey hair speaks a bit Japanese and this is one of the reasons why Rin could survive in that other world). Now the waiting will suck.
I'm thinking of preordering the game but I don't now how to rip it and my laptop doesn't have a disk drive...maybe they'll sell it digitally too?
>>
>>2398629
Oh the game everyone forgot with the egotistical dev.
>>
>>2398882
A little realism never hurt anyone. And I'm not talking about the 'she gotta fuck a guy so she knows that she's gay' kind of realism.
>>
>>2398697
>once you've completed the game, the Esperanto sentences will have a Japanese translation
>the seiyuus are both speaking Esperanto

Yeah, dropped. Honestly, yuri is already niché enough, so what's up with this bullshit? It's like they want it to not be successful.
>>
>>2398930
What the hell are you talking about? That's the entire point of the novel.
>>
>>2398912
>muh realism
It being "realistic" doesn't make it automatically good. To me this was a shitty thing, and the main reason why I didn't purchase the VN in the first place.
>>
>>2398958
>>2398962
Of course it's a shitty thing to do. That doesn't mean it's something that doesn't happen often. It happens more often than not even.

Though I assume you know this.
>>
>>2398968
I don't care how often it happens irl. It's something I don't want to see irl either, let alone in 2D.
>>
>>2398912
It wasn't realism. It was forced drama for the sake of forced drama. It's pretty fucking pathetic how he thought his game would overtake Kindred Spirits, and be the "best yuri game" of the year.
>>
File: 1502197172828.jpg (60KB, 385x355px) Image search: [Google]
1502197172828.jpg
60KB, 385x355px
>>2398968
>That doesn't mean it's something that doesn't happen often. It happens more often than not even.
So? This is a fictional story. No reason to shit it up like that.

>read a nice yuri mango
>it ends with one of the girls getting a breast cancer
>LOL IT HAPPENS FUCK IT
>>
>>2398980
>guy makes a joking marketing comment on twitter
>someone on /u/ is still butthurt about it years later
>>
>>2398960
>point

Matters little if it's terrible. I still remember Aselia and its bullshit. I'm not gonna touch something again, that does this kind of stuff. My ears will thank me.

The only way I would've played it would be, if the whole thing is in Japanese but you can optionally show Esperanto text for those who want that.
>>
>>2399004
Their Esperanto is pretty cute, though. I don't see the problem. Looks Iike french. Or that fake language Gravity Rush uses.
>>
>>2399004
Also, the protagonist actually talks in japanese. And the Ruka girl knows a little japanese. I doubt the game will become full on Esperanto later on. Although I wouldn't care.
>>
>>2398930
Bishoujo novel games are already niche enough, so why make one yuri?

It's like they wanted to make a title they thought would be interesting.
>>
>>2398981
Why not? I don't mind a mango about one of the girls having cancer, as long as it actually explores the issue instead of yelling very loudly about it and forcing drama out of nowhere.
Not everything has to be CGDCT.
>>
File: yvr8F4o_d.jpg (54KB, 640x240px) Image search: [Google]
yvr8F4o_d.jpg
54KB, 640x240px
>>2398577
>>
>>2399011

Right, so you do either yuri or some weird language stuff. Not both. That's the point. It's a niché medium AND a niché genre. Too much of a gimmick will simply end in disaster.

How many reasonably long yuri VNs are there? Do you NEED a gimmick to separate yourself from all those titles? No. You don't. There's barely anything else even out there. So all the work that went into the esperanto thingy could've been put into a more fleshed out story and whatnot.
If this had been a normal straight VN, I'd not say anything. They pretty much need a gimmick to stand out. Yuri however doesn't. All-ages even less. And I really doubt that this would attract a lot of people that are normally not into yuri, so it shouldn't work in that regard either. Normally I'm all for authors writing what they want to, but the yuri genre is almost not even existing, and seeing all the stuff that actually does get released and has some quality to it flop is just a shame.
>>
>>2399035
I think you're fundamentally wrong to view like it's a multiplicative thing, like niche * niche = tiny niche.

If it were just a standard yuri title, it would probably get more overlooked than with an idea that catches attention, even by people who are potentially interested in yurige.
>>
>>2399035
Aoi Shiro. Akaiito. Kindred Spirits. Nurse Love Addiction. Flowers series. That's all I know for lengthy ones.
>>
File: get.jpg (30KB, 320x376px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
30KB, 320x376px
>>2399034
>>
>>2399035
So you're rather the genre being generic? I'm sorry, but I like different stories. Things like Nurse Love are interesting because they're not the standard for the yuri genre. If the demo tell us anything is that the writing is good and the art is nice, so I don't see the problem.
Also, the VN had been seeing some support, so I'm sure they'll do fine. Most people don't have weird nitpick like you.

>If this had been a normal straight VN, I'd not say anything.

So only straight VN can be original now, I see.
>>
>>2399034
Cute!
>>
File: 1YMF8lb.jpg (794KB, 1633x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1YMF8lb.jpg
794KB, 1633x1920px
higher res
>>
File: yvr8F4o.jpg (163KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
yvr8F4o.jpg
163KB, 1024x384px
>>2399060
>>
>>2399060
>>2399061

I wonder how many pairs will be playable and how many of them are girl-girl
>>
>>2399069
It just sounds like we're going back to the 6 member layout with added front/back pair effects. Not predefined pairs.
>>
>>2398691
I'm kind of surprised that they decided to massively change the battle system from previous (party based) games. Any idea of how switching of your partner will work since you no longer have a 4 member party?
>>
>>2399075
They didn't massively change it at all. It's just front line and back line again.
>>
>>2398930
>>2399004
>>2399011
Anon who wrote that comment about the game here (didn't think people would be that averse to the game but whatever). From what I could see is the Esperanto sentences will gradually receive a Japanese translation (first single words, then whole lines) over the game because MC is learning them. You don't have to learn the language yourself. There was some quiz in the beginning about numbers but they are similar to English/Latin/other European language so it was pretty easy. But sure, if you don't like the concept of a different language then the game is surely not for you. My guess is, the lines right in the beginning of the game that doesn't have a translation yet (because MC does not know anything about the language) will be translated in a second run, so the point is that you play it again.
Also the Esperanto really helps with the Isekai aspect. What would a parallel world be if they all spoke your language? MC is also learning Ruka's language to be able to convey her feelings to her (and vice versa), and I think that's pretty romantic.

People are complaining about yuri VNs that seem to be generic and following a formula, but when something with a new concept like this one appears, it would be even worse? It's the first time that I think of buying a Japanese VN and I don't think I'm the only one who will think like this.
I saw on twitter that it's the top 8 game of being preordered last week on sofmap, it can't sell that badly. And seeing how they have tons of special retailer exclusives is a good sign too (though in the end I do not know how the sales really are).
We'll see if this will sell well, but I'm confident and hope the best for it.
>>
>>2399075
Check out Mana Khemia/Escha & Logy/Shallie's gameplay.
Front row of 3 characters, back row of 3 characters. You can swap them during a character's turn or call them in to guard or attack during certain conditions.
>>
>>2399090
Except those games had more than a two member party. If other party members are introduced (and there's no leaked experience) then it might be burden to use anyone other than the default pairing. That said my opinion will likely change as more details are revealed about the game.
>>
>>2399096
It's a six member party, three pairs. That was leaked already. That image is likely for the begining.
There's a bar between them, though, so it might have duo specials. That would be nice.
>>
>>2399096
We already have confirmation it's a 6 member party again if you read the article. The reason you only have the twins in the image is because they reveal the new characters for every Atelier little by little.
>>
>>2399098
Oh really!? Then I take back what I said. I just looked at the image and not the link and assumed that you could only have a max of two characters in battle.
>>
>>2399096
Anon, actually read the info before you post. Also, have you never played an Atelier game before? Of course it wouldn't be a two person party.
>>
>>2399061
So, the important question is...
Will we ship twincest or try to find girlfriends to each one of them?
>>
>>2399109
I have yet to be converted to the ways of incest. I'm hoping for other girlfriends.
>>
>>2399109
I don't know or care what "we" will do but I personally need to see the full scans and wait until more info is given. I have no problem with twincest though and it looks like both are small chested so I'll likely pair them together. But still, it's too early.
>>
File: A14_Flower_Smell.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A14_Flower_Smell.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>2399111
Well, the series has a history of shipping sisters already, though.
Also, Japan loves to ship twins with each other.
>>
>>2399035
You're a gigantic faggot. Romance doesn't always have to be the main point of fiction. What yurifags want are quality lesbians. We want cool girls do interesting things and see her happen to fall in love along the way as a subplot, only sometime as main plot. Massive retard like you is the reason why this genre remain forever niche, because you don't fucking expand and only just want to read highschool romance that bore the fuck out of anyone's mind. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2399281
And that's cool but not for me. I don't ship much in Atelier anyway so either way is fine.
>>
>>2399316
>We
Can you stop that? I don't share your tastes just because I frequent the same board.
>>
>>2399281
What game is this?
>>
>>2399485
Atelier Ayesha
>>
>>2398629
Oh great, I'm gonna hear listen to Amber moan about her dead granddad. On the flip side, hearing the lewds will be interesting
>>
File: ByorHir.jpg (401KB, 1363x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ByorHir.jpg
401KB, 1363x1000px
This could work
>>
>>2399509
I really hope Gust never do multiple character designers again.
>>
>>2399465
"We" don't have to be inclusive, you fucking ESL.
>>
File: SophiPlachta.jpg (3MB, 1571x1980px) Image search: [Google]
SophiPlachta.jpg
3MB, 1571x1980px
>>2399368
Atelier has the best pairings though.
>>
>>2397708
>I'm sure ME romances wouldn't have seemed so artificial if the first game had none and only focused on other types of relationships, leading to romances in the second game for example
You mean like with Garrus?
>>
>>2397998
Guess that's why they made Papa Ryder and Garrus' dad old buddies
>>
So I guess it's 100% confirmed now there's no female option for the Cyber Sleuth spinoff. Sucks, since I would have enjoyed more Cyber Sleuth but I can't be bothered now.
>>
>>2399037

Yuri is so niché, I doubt it'd get overlooked by the fans. Ask yourself, would you overlook a yuri game with decent budget, good art and some advertisement including a trial in the west? (provided you care about them) The Japanese VN scene is worse off than the OEL scene when it comes to yuri. People are freakin' starved.

>>2399044
>generic

There's no need to be completely generic, but there's no need to be too gimmicky either. Though to be honest, there's not even a real normal length "generic" yuri VN out there. So could that even BE generic? The closest thing is probably Sono Hana New Gen, but that's still kinda short and features multiple couples, which isn't really the normal VN way.

>>2399316

And you are jumping on things I never said as well. For the record, the only yuri VN I really approve of so far is Seisai no Resonance, though I also had some fun with a few others and don't know all of them.
Still, it's a sad truth that if you get too gimmicky in yuri, you are just hurting yourself. Even Resonance killed its dev. The only really successful full yuri game out there is Flowers and some short random releases here and there to an extend. It's just a shitty situation. I'd love the current situation to be more open to more experimental titles (you can't look at the whole "different language" thing as anything else), but I really don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong. Would be certainty nice.
>>
>>2399544
This definitely contributed to that pairing's popularity, but sadly not useful to /u/s
>>
>>2399579
>Yuri is so niché, I doubt it'd get overlooked by the fans.
Dead wrong. Very few people are actively looking into news about this stuff, even if they'd like to buy a good yurige if they knew about it. It is extremely easy for titles to be obscure. Hell, there are even the people in this thread managing to overlook games that have been mentioned in this thread.

>Ask yourself, would you overlook a yuri game with decent budget, good art and some advertisement including a trial in the west?
I'm one of the people who reads Japanese, buys Japanese games and actively tries to pay attention to everything that comes out.
>>
>>2399582
Yeah I know, but it's pretty much the best example of what was being talked about.
>>
>>2399579
Flowers is successful due to the developers reputation I'd say.

Let's say Type Moon would decide to make a yuri game (seeing how the ero elements are vanishing in their VNs it's actually realistic) it would purely sell on the brand name alone, and the Nasuverse cosmos I guess.
>>
>>2399591
I'd say Heileen is a better example.
>>
>>2399593
Nasu would scuttle if he can't self-insert to be with his waifu.
>>
>>2399595
no, because Heileen is shit
>>
>>2399602
You're forgetting that Nasu originally wrote FSN with a female lead and a male love interest.
Saber is Takeuchi's obsession.
>>
>>2399602
Nasu actually seems to really like female protagonists.
>>
>>2399606
To be inside them, sure.
>>
>>2399602
>>2399605
And Kara no Kyoukai has a female protag.
There's also the fact that Fate/Extra gave us the option to be female too.
And with the 'pressure' to cater to the ero audience removed he could go to town in a yuri direction whenever he wanted.
>>
>>2399607
Sex is actually not his forte and in the past they only included it so that people would buy their games in the first place. That was also one of the reasons Fate was rewritten and Shirou became the protag.
>>
>>2399607
He changed a scene in the all ages version of Fate where Shirou was railing Rin in Heaven's Feel (an Illusion by Rider) into a scene where Shirou was watching Rin seduce her little female friend.
>>
>>2399593
Flowers is successful is because its gorgeous arts and music; the writing itself is objectively above average, and subjectively magnificient to a lot of people. I've met many Flowers fans whom didn't even know who Innocent Grey was.

A simple testament to its earned popularity is in the quality of its discussion. As opposed to many other yuri VNs which only generate boring shipping or shipwar or other similar opinionated postings, Flowers' fans speculate about its mysteries and try to pierce together clues provided in each installment. Having an interesting plot that is not just romance and drama like this is intriguing, and attract even fans that normally don't enjoy yuri.

For me, Flowers is far from being a mystery masterpiece, but it's not bad at all, and is a step into the right direction for yuri as a genre: the idea of writing an story that is interesting even if it doesn't have yuri.
>>
>>2399608
Wasn't it also that the FeMC was a fake somehow? Or am I thinking of another spin-off?
>>
>>2399614
If I didn't know about Innocent Grey I wouldn't have heard about Flowers so it kinda goes both ways.
And Kara no Shoujo had great art as well.
>>
>>2399620
You're thinking Extella which is a sequel to it's own version of Extra. Which is also moot since you can still play as female Hakumo.
>>
>>2399579
As far as I know, the game is being pretty well received and it's not even out yet. It might not be your thing, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

>>2399608
And you forget that KnK had a male love interest that was pretty much a harem lead. Even his daughter was in love with him. You know it's bad when the guy isn't even the protagonist and everyone still wants to fuck him.
Nasu is not a good writer for yuri. He's okay with bi girls because lesbian sex is hot, and that's that.
>>
>>2399567
Shitty decision, but that was obvious. I haven't finished the first game, and seriously, now I don't feel like doing it anymore. It's not even that good of a game. They shouldn't limit their potential like that.
>>
>>2399661
I disagree about Kokuto, but I respect your opinion. Unlike your run of the mill harem lead it's very obvious he only cares about one person.
>>
>>2399567
>spin-off
So it's not even a proper title?
>>
>>2399689
Most harem lead only care about one person, or none. What makes they harem lead is that every girl have to be in love with them. It's still made to be an idealized characters that everyone loves so the viewer can insert into them.

Although I hate Kokuto for other reasons.
>>
>>2399675
The first game is worth finishing IMO. The ending was really touching.

It's just weird since I'm pretty sure all the other Digimon Story games have male/female options since they're more or less designed to be self-insert games, but this spinoff apparently needs a specific set character.

>>2399693
It's a side-story set during the events of Cyber Sleuth involving a different main character and features some characters from the original game.
>>
>>2398566
It's a guy. To answer your question. Plus rape, though implied, it would seem.
>>
>>2399610
>Sex is actually not his forte
Mollusks.jpg
>>
>>2399494
I wonder what the fake orgasm will sound like.
>>
>>2399750
That's not a Nasu thing. It's a Japanese simile that shouldn't be translated directly because it doesn't work in English. Same as comparing beautiful fingers to whitebait or legs to a serow.
>>
>>2399528
I'm lazy so I'll just watch a LP. Is that pairing only in Atelier Sophie, or are they in multiple games like Totori/Mimi?
>>
>>2399816
They both come back for Firis.
>>
Just learned of Tales of Astria, a Tales of mobile game which has been translated since I believe June. Since there's a few yuri relationships in the Tales of series, does anyone here know if there's any gay in the game and if so how much?

god damn every franchise ever is making mobages. I wish they would just produce indie fighting games instead.
>>
>>2399818
Thank you.
>>
>>2399697
>Although I hate Kokuto for other reasons.
Being a boring piece of shit for example. You really notice that Kara no Kyoukai in itself was just a prototype of Tsukihime. Shiki from there is basically a mashup pf Kokuto and Ryougi, complete with split personality.
>>
>>2399509
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/09/atelier-lydie-soeur-reveals-twin-protagonists-pretty-painting-world-new-features/

I hate how they're supposed to have half the game done, but can't even show us new other characters.
I just want to know if Sophie and Firis will be back.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (131KB, 1282x747px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
131KB, 1282x747px
I haven't cringed this much since watamote.
>>
>>2399838
Even if they had the whole game done they wouldn't reveal them all in the first batch of info. Characters are always shown little by little.
>>
>>2399842
Yeah, I know. I just have little pacience for the game industry, I guess.
>>
>>2399844
I've always liked the slow reveal of characters for Atelier. Speculating on who's coming back and seeing the new designs is fun.
I got burned badly with Ayesha though. I wanted her so badly for Eschalogy and Shallie and every new reveal was a stab in the gut for 2 years.
>>
What are some good VN with scifi or fantasy settings. Or even just any setting other than a school.
>>
>>2399816
>watching an LP of Atelier
>watching an LP at all

Goddamn son, just do yourself a favor and play the game yourself.
>>
>>2399866
Akaiito and Aoishiro are amazing, and their set heavily in Japanese Mythology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpinje1-TGM
>>
>>2399909
LP is shit. LP is fine. I watch longplays of things I wouldn't get anyway, but interest me in some way. Obviously skipping a lot of shit.
>>
File: kate is love kate is life.jpg (52KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate is love kate is life.jpg
52KB, 425x516px
>>2398214
>best girl Kate won't be in the prequel

in the trash it goes
>>
>>2399922
You tried Kate's route in Love is Strange? Any other nee-san tried it? Wanna hear your opinions.
>>
>>2399913
Atelier is a VIDEOGAME with good GAMEPLAY and yuri. You can do what you want but you're doing yourself a huge disservice. Sophie isn't even that long and it's on PS4 and PC so you most likely have a system that can play it. I will never understand this faggot culture of watching LPs.
>>
>>2399949
PEOPLE have different TASTES when it comes to GAMEPLAY.
>>
>>2399953
Yeah. Some people don't like to play games at all.
>>
>>2399954
And some people don't like grinding simulators.
>>
>>2399956
>Atelier
>grinding simulator

What? Have you ever played a game in this series?
>>
>>2399960
One of the screenshots from one of the Atelier games on Steam looks like this. "This" also happens to look like grindy "manage your own shop" games I've seen in the past, where you would throw a bunch of ruffians against piss easy monster to get resources to craft items to sell items to hire ruffians to get resources to kill yourself.

But feel free to prove me wrong.
>>
>>2399866
There was that bartender valhala or something like that. Dunno how yuri it gets.
>>
>>2399963
If there is one thing i wish for atelier games, it's a real hard mode.
>>
>>2399963
So you looked at a screenshot and assumed it was a grinding simulator? I actually play these games and I can tell you that you are wrong. You don't hire your party members and and its not a manage your own shop game either.
>>
>>2399963
The games are so easy that you spend more time reading through events than actually fighting and doing alchemy.

You only need to grind if you want to defeat the bonus bosses.
>>
>>2399981
>So you looked at a screenshot and assumed it was a grinding simulator?
Well, usually I would also read a description, but, well.

>You don't hire your party members and and its not a manage your own shop game either.
That doesn't automatically make it not grindy.

>>2399982
Is there a way to speed through fighting? Is it mandatory?
>>
>>2399963
Are you talking about Recettear? Other than atmosphere it's really nothing like Recettear despite it always getting mentioned alongside Atelier.
Quantity of an item is rarely ever as important as quality and you're never stuck grinding the same thing for more than 5 minutes. If you're out of an item you go to the area to pick it up and get a bunch of other items in the process so you won't need to go back for a while.
You don't even have to grind to get stronger in battle like most JRPGs since whacking together a good bomb will carry you way further. Each game constantly tries to make the player experience more casual too. You can recharge the same item so you don't have to remake it, there are items that make exploration more efficient, time constraints get more loose, etc. All in all one of the least grindy experiences I can think of.
>>
>>2399960
Let me weigh in on this as a neutral party. My boyfriend and I both played Atelier games, several in fact because cute girls are fucking awesome.

We both found the games to be a mess. The entire item system is bloated, which is to say the amount of time and features it has is way overblown given how little you get out of it. I really don't want to spend 1/3 of the game shifting through items in a menu. That alone killed it for both of us.

The game seems to revolve around killing monsters to collect items to do this bloat item system. It never felt like an adventure but a series of chores. Like all JRPGs it's easy to the point of being boring.

I wanted to like this game, so did my BF, and we bought 3 different Ateleria games telling ourself that maybe this one will be good.

The older I get the less I am capable of enjoying JRPGs. Same with him. I want something more challenging, something deeper, something with real choices about how to develop the character or wear to go (as opposed to superficial choices that just result in a few minor stat differences obtained by sleepy moments in menu navigation). It's the cute visuals that make me keep giving this genre a chance.
>>
>>2399985
You know what, just don't play it and or watch an LP at all. You clearly have no interest in the series.
>>
>>2399990
I never claimed to have one. I merely explained why some people would take an LP of a game with shallow gameplay over playing a game with shallow gameplay.

And no, I don't mean "shallow" as an insult. It's just a fact.
>>
>>2399988
Dear god what am I reading? Just stick to whatever trash you like. I'm sorry for bringing up Atelier on fucking /u/.
>>
>>2399993
>And no, I don't mean "shallow" as an insult. It's just a fact.

And yet you have never even played it yourself. This is why you actually play the game in order to form a valid opinion and critique on it instead of just looking at a screenshot and acting like you can assume the game-play is "shallow". Do you even play video games or just VNs? What games do you like?
>>
>>2399971
MC is bi and has a lighthearted crush on her female boss for the whole game. Doesn't really go anywhere. Her only past relationship that gets brought up is lesbian. There's a cute subtexty side couple.
I wouldn't recommend it as a yuri VN but if you can enjoy lesbians and cool girls even when they're not doing lesbian things it's nice.
>>
>>2399994
>Dear god what am I reading?
You're reading a differing opinion. One that matters just as little as your own. Calm down and stop caring about what other people like before you do a school shooting or something.
>>
>>2399994
Well, it's /u/, so of course shitty harem series like Persona will be more popular than a yuri friendly one.
>>
>>2399996
>And yet you have never even played it yourself.
Are you denying my claim? That >>2399987 anon describes a very easy gameplay that serves as fodder between cutscenes. One gameplay video that I just went and watched out of curiosity supports this. Would you then describe the gameplay in detail and explain its complexity?

>Do you even play video games or just VNs?
>VNs
>playing
Haha.

>What games do you like?
Sorry, I don't sperg to people about videogames on the first date.
Python Muncher is pretty good, though, check it out.
>>
>>2399998
>if you can enjoy bisexual and cool girls even when they're not doing lesbian things it's nice
FTFY
They talk a lot about wanting husbands, boyfriends and dicks. One of the main character is even a prostitute that talks about how guys behave in gang bangs. Just saying.
>>
>>2400003
So you just immediately believe some other anon's opinion because they said it was easy? Stop acting like you've played it.
>>
>>2400005
Well, you're not sharing your opinion, so it's not like I have a lot of anons to choose from.

I don't need to play every game to know its gameplay. There are reviews, screenshots, gameplay videos. Wasting time on buying, playing and refunding every game ever would be retarded.
>>
>>2400003
I never called it shallow. I tried to specifically address what you had problems with, and that was it was grindy.
>>
>>2400004
Ah yes I forgot that annoys /u/. Thanks.
>>
>>2400009
I never said you called it shallow. I said you described what seems like an easy gameplay to me.

>inb4 easy != shallow
In this case it is.
>>
>>2400007
Combat, alchemy, exploring gathering fields, and watching scenes between characters are all part of Atelier. The soundtracks are phenomenal as well. The combat has depth because the alchemy system allows you to perfectly craft the weapons, armor, and bombs you want to make. It's an actual rpg with excellent turn based battles and is no way just "fodder" that you do between events. The games aren't crazy difficult but if you play on hard mode or higher than the difficulty is adequately challenging. There are many endgame bosses that require you to make perfect equipment and items in order to beat. If you don't like turn based rpgs at all then yes, you wont' like the battle system but I've played many rpgs throughout my life and I can tell you that Atelier does in fact have some of the best turn based combat. They are in fact excellent games and way above a lot of the trash they get lumped with.

There, here's you positive opinion to balance out that other anon's opinion.
>>
>>2400013
>shallow
>the most complex crafting system a jrpg ever had

Sure, anon. Keep saying bullshit.
>>
>>2400013
You said it was a fact the game was shallow and used my comment as reference. I was explaining how the gameplay wasn't grindy, and hence chose the things to talk about that make it a not grindy experience. Nothing to do with difficulty.
There are challenging battles that require a balance of strong items and party, there are items to make that require you to reach areas with restrictions to clear or defeat strong monsters, there are different difficulty modes that brings all this up or down accordingly. On top of that the playing style you use to clear it can tilt to whether you want it to be battle heavier or crafting heavier. It's not shallow.
>>
>>2400021
I actually laughed at that.

>>2400018
>>2400023
Will keep it in mind then, thanks.
>>
File: 01.jpg (449KB, 1536x1880px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
449KB, 1536x1880px
Ah fuck it, I guess I'll post the scans. These two could be a great yuri twincest pairing.
>>
File: 02.jpg (469KB, 1536x1880px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
469KB, 1536x1880px
>>
File: 03.jpg (492KB, 1536x1880px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
492KB, 1536x1880px
>>
File: 04.jpg (534KB, 1536x1880px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
534KB, 1536x1880px
>>
File: 1502296140194.jpg (519KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1502296140194.jpg
519KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: 1502296204982.jpg (518KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1502296204982.jpg
518KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: 1502296270090.jpg (555KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1502296270090.jpg
555KB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>2400026
I hope they have subtext. Like jealousy and "let's stay together forever" stuff.
>>
File: 1502296335212.jpg (639KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1502296335212.jpg
639KB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>2400037
>Like jealousy and "let's stay together forever" stuff.

This was Ayesha and Nio, and Dusk was way less yuri friendly, so probably.
Also >>2400028
>Let's go, Lydie. If we're together, all will be fine!
>Eh? What?! Wait, Su-chan!
>>
File: 1441058099550.png (847KB, 806x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1441058099550.png
847KB, 806x2164px
Gonna play the Amrilato trial now and to everyone who doesn't like the fact that there's a gimmick - it's written by J-MENT, not expecting a gimmick from him at this point would be strange. Granted, not every gimmick of his actually works well - I mean, Futari no Qualia had that great split-screen idea that was just not used for anything whatsoever, to the point of wondering why did it even need to be there - but dunno, I'm always looking forward to neat fun or weird things.

>>2398697
I'm pretty sure someone will rip it and you can download it while never unpacking your limited box, at least that's what I'm planning to do. Never opened my An' call Belle box either.
>>
>>2400124
>I mean, Futari no Qualia had that great split-screen idea that was just not used for anything whatsoever, to the point of wondering why did it even need to be there
It was for helping the player understand Natsume's experience. It's not a useful ability.
>>
>>2400125
It just really felt lacking, because it didn't play a role in anything. I get the point that Natsume was trying to overcome constant hesitation, but like half of the game was coasting around Hitori's plot. So the ability only activated several times, and besides the first one it wasn't really important in any way, neither in a positive nor in a negative light, and Natsume and Ginza's relationship, too, progressed without any hint of that having any effect.

I was expecting that if we wouldn't get any explanation (and after Hitori it was pretty clear we wouldn't), it would play some role in either the plot or Natsume's character development.

Not to say I didn't like it though, because I did and just nitpicking, and purely as a visual gimmick it was cool. Would've been perhaps more understandable if it was more like Makiri's hallucinations, just a theoretical simulation of events that would kick in.

Owari fucking where, I'm throwing money at enty already
>>
>>2400142
I don't agree as I do see as having having successful been important in Natsume's experiences, her character, her relationship with Ginza and the qualia theme.
>>
>>2400148
I'll need to re-read perhaps to get a better feel for it. Since Owari's likely happening now, that would be a good opportunity.
>>
What's a good Atelier to start with?
>>
>>2400162
Totori
>>
File: totomimi.jpg (177KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
totomimi.jpg
177KB, 565x800px
>>2400162
Play the Arland trilogy first. Start with Rorona, then Totori, and finally Meruru. Rorona is the least yuri out of the three but you should still start with it. Totori and Meruru have TotoMimi and MeruruKaena. In Meruru, TotoMimi have a very gay CG together. TotoMimi also has a lot of support as a yuri pairing. They recently got an anthology not too long ago.

The Dusk trilogy is still good but not as good for yuri. I would still play them but Esha&Logy is very het.

You can also start with the Mysterious trilogy which starts with Sophie, then Firis, and finally Lydie&Soeur. I would recommend starting with Arland first though since they are fantastic games and have TotoMimi.
>>
>>2400168
Do note that the Arland series has time limits in it. So if you don't like being rushed (Meruru is the most lenient), then you might want to try Sophie.
>>
>>2400191
Yeah, that's true. And for Totori it's a good idea to focus on Mimi's events or to simply look up ending requirements. If you want to get the true end (which i did) then you don't need to follow a guide step-by-step but you do need to know what triggers each ending. Luckily from Meruru onwards they made getting endings easier.
>>
>>2400033
>top right
Looking good.
>>
File: dgsgsgsg.jpg (79KB, 522x546px) Image search: [Google]
dgsgsgsg.jpg
79KB, 522x546px
>>2400026
>Reading Gematsu comments
>See this
Same hair and eyes color always mean "related" in anime logic.
>>
>>2400283
>pencil-necked geeks
Fixed. Sorry, it was bugging me.
>>
The newer games (Escha & Logy) and later even let you pick which ending you get, if you happen to qualify for multiple endings so you don't need to do as many new game+'s as the previous games.

>>2400258
By that logic, Dia and Ruby Kurosawa from Love Live! Sunshine aren't related since Dia has black hair while Ruby has red.
>>
>>2400300
The logic just says that same hair and eyes mean related, not that any differences means they're strangers. Plus, it's anime logic, why would it be fully comprehensive?
>>
>>2399946
It's incredibly sweet, just like Kate deserves.
>>
File: WVW69ki-n8cbXKwnt7.jpg (165KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ki-n8cbXKwnt7.jpg
165KB, 400x240px
Fairune2 is surprisingly yuri for such a minimalist story.
>>
>>2400033
>same age
>same height
>same tits (small)
>both cute

I've been waiting for this. Definitely pairing them together.
>>
>>2399909
I don't care for Atelier gameplay, only the story and dialogues. So LP is perfect for me.
>>
>>2400396
Why even bother if you're not going to play the game?
>>
>>2400397
I see you have reading comprehension.
>>
>>2400398
You miss out on the experience though. I can't imagine playing these with some random person's commentary either. The whole point of videogames are that they're interactive and not just something you watch.
>>
>>2400401
>The whole point of videogames are that they're interactive and not just something you watch.
Friendly reminder that this thread has VNs in its recommendation list.
>>
>>2400401
Fuck off. I enjoy visual novels the most.
>>
>>2400412
Okay well Atelier isn't a VN so just stick to VNs instead.
>>
>>2400409
I honestly don't understand the appeal of LPs and probably never will. If you have the time to sit down and watch someone play a game, you have the time to play it yourself.

And I'm constantly getting frustrated when I watch someone playing a game and making choices I wouldn't.
>>
>>2400421
>If you have the time to sit down and watch someone play a game, you have the time to play it yourself.
Contact me when you see a game where I can skip parts I don't want to sit through with a click or two.

>making choices I wouldn't
Good thing this will never happen in an Atelier game.
>>
>>2400421
I never will either. I guess both /v/ and /u/ don't like videogames.
>>
>>2400422
>Good thing this will never happen in an Atelier game.
You do realize there are Atelier games with scenes that are not very /u/ friendly. Maybe you get a LP where they give you an ending with one of the males
>>
>>2400426
Good thing you can pick the final video and see if it's the het ending or not.
>>
>>2400422
Do you really enjoy watching a LP? I don't know, that just seems lazy. Like you're just trying to check it off the list but don't want to actually take the time to just sit down and play the game. On easy mode you can get through the game quickly too. Well whatever, I don't care anymore. I'm sorry I criticized your way of doing things but I still think it's pretty stupid. I will never understand LPs or streaming culture faggotry.
>>
>>2400428
I enjoy it more than mashing buttons trying to go through things I don't like just to get to things I like.

It's like every jRPG ever. It's fun running around the tower and grinding your Personas for the first two hours or so, but by the twentieth hour it just makes me want to neck myself.
>>
>>2400429
I'm really glad I played Persona 3 using an emulator. Turbo is a godsend in grindy games.
>>
>>2400429
Have you ever tried to actually play an Atelier game and if so which one(s)? Original Rorona was pretty rough around the edges. None of them have grinding though.
>>
>>2400433
The one that had that girl with purple hair.

I'm not referring to grinding specifically. I'm referring to not enjoyable gameplay. Some people enjoy Atelier's gameplay. Some people don't. Some people just want to strap their goggles on tight and look at cute girls doing cute things and they don't care about fighting bosses or crafting chainmail bikinis.

Similarly, there are people who watch LPs of linear games, like, say, Spec Ops or Uncharted because they couldn't care less about that particular type of gameplay and just want to see what the story is about.
>>
>>2400429
Then play on an easier difficulty? I just wanted the story so I never had to grind P3.

It seems like one could use the same logic as with pirates. They never indend to buy the games, You never intended to play
>>
>>2400436
>Then play on an easier difficulty?
Why? I don't enjoy jRPG fights. It doesn't matter what difficulty it's on, it's just plain not fun.
>I know you don't like dragon dildos, but just try putting more lube on it, yeah?

>You never intended to play
...Yeah, and? I don't see what this has to do with piracy.
>>
hey idiots, you don't have to try to convince people that they should like to do the things you do
>>
>>2400435
Okay well as long as you realize that you're missing out and not getting the full experience.
>>
>>2400440
An experience I don't care about, but yeah, sure, let's agree on that.
>>
>>2400439
Okay mom.
>>
>>2400441
Okay, I guess enjoy watching some twat skip or talk over dialogue and not finish the LP when they decide the game is boring or it doesn't give them views
>>
>>2400446
I get that you don't like LPs, but you're now being dense on purpose. There are silent LPs where someone just records their playthrough of a game. To avoid getting baited into following an LP that won't be finished, you can simply watch an already finished LP. If you don't like it, you can switch to another one or, yes, just play the game.

Nobody forces you to watch a shitty 144p shaky cam recording of a screen while somebody chews something loudly into the microphone.
>>
>>2400448
>Silent LP
How does that even work? The continued existence of LPs hinges on the fact that commentary is transformative and therefore they are protected under Fair Use.
>>
>>2400454
Very few studios actually care about suing let's players and streamers, as long as they don't show the game in a negative light. ATLUS and the like are an exception rather that the rule.
>>
>>2400427
I just don't understand watching a LP for Atelier in particular. There's so many individual interactions you can have with characters you could potentially miss out on depending on how you play, given that you can only have a finite amount of characters in your team at a time.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 564x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 564x877px
I wish they'd stop beating around the bush and just made them canon.
>>
>>2400465
Give it a rest anon, you can't make someone do what they don't want to do, and the more you try the more they'll dig in their heels.
>>
>>2400477
I'm not even the original anon, I've only posted one other time. I mean, I guess I can understand watching LPs for more linear games, but there's a lot to potentially miss out on watching someone else play an Atelier. Sometimes that's also for the better, like me accidentally completely missing Cordelia's het crush in Rorona.
>>
>>2400497
>Cordelia's het crush in Rorona
wat
>>
>>2400505
Cordy has a crush on the king.
>>
>>2400508
Oh right, I read that as het crush ON Rorona.

I don't even remember that from my own playthrough. Rorona cured her of it as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>2400421
Nice blog.
>>
>>2400448
Screnshots LPs are better for something with repetitive motions like rpgs.
>>
>>2400418
Watching it in LP form makes turns it into a VN, retard.

>>2400421
Watching LPs allow for skipping gameplay and just enjoying the dialogue parts. Are you seriously this imbecile, asking such an obvious question?
>>
>>2400605
Don't be too mean to autistic people.
>>
>>2400605
There's nothing to enjoy from watching someone else. It's their experience, not yours.
>>
>>2400618
Some people watch sports.
>>
>>2400619
Sports are not an interactive medium. No matter how much you shout at your TV, it's not going to help your team win
>>
>>2400622
Sports are an interactive medium. What you mean to say is that watching sports is not interactive.

It's still a multimillion dollar industry.
>>
>>2400622
I just don't understand why humans are not perfectly rational creatures like you, senpai
>>
>>2400623
As a spectator, whether in person or on the couch, you have no input on the result of the game. If you go in person you pay for a ticket and maybe some shitty stadium food, that's the end of your contribution. No different from buying a video game and having someone else play it for you.

Sure you can interact with other spectators. Maybe you can heckle the player, but nothing you do has any meaning. You're getting an incomplete experience. There's nothing wrong with that if that's your choice but you will never know what the game really feels like.
>>
>>2400510
>Rorona cured her of it as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, but she still has a crush on him in Totori.
>>
>>2400628
You're missing my point. No matter how pointless it may seem to you, it attracts a lot of people. Enough to make a (huge) business out of it.
>>
>>2400629
Anon, stop ruining my fond memories of the only route in the only Atelier game I've ever managed to complete.
>>
>>2400630
You're missing my point: the sports industry was built around passive spectating and advertising. Spectating is understandable in a game without narrative that is carried by the players, such as in MOBA or FPS.

But an RPG, no. Let's use Mass Effect for an example. Maybe the LPer goes for a Renegade Shepard. What if you don't want to see a Renegade playthrough? Now you have to go find a paragon playthrough. What if the next one you find is male Shep? What if you find one that's playing FemShep, but they pursue a hetero romance? So many permutations, it seems like you'd have to spend more time and effort finding a playthrough that matches your personal taste than simply playing it. Maybe the one LP that exists leaves a bad impression when people who have actually played it know of content not in the LP that is relevant to your interests.

I'm not telling you not to watch LPs but you ARE getting an incomplete experience, maybe even one that casts the game in a bad light.
>>
>Valkyrie Drive game nuked from German and Australian Steam
>>
>>2400640
We were surprised it was on it in the first place desu
>>
>>2400639
Since we're past bump now I'll weigh into the pointless discussion.

A lot of LPers do have audience interaction, especially in story games with choices. They take votes on which direction to go, either when a choice happens if livestreamed, or between episode if it's done in video/SS chunks.

Now, of course, it's possible that the audience is against you and you're the only one who wants the /u/ plotline. That's actually a good thing, as far as the game creators are concerned. You watch a little of the game, decide the game is interesting and you want to make your OWN choices, and you go play it yourself. Yay.

With some LPs, the community experience is also a big part of the draw. First, there's watching the LPer themselves react to things, which can be interesting if they're entertaining. Second, there's hanging out with the audience, watching them react to everything, chattering about your opinions and theories of what's going on, especially if there's some sort of mystery afoot.Many people enjoy watching/reading LPs of games they've already completed, just to see other people's reactions to it. It makes VN-playing a more social experience.

Of course the LPer can massively flavor the game and give you the wrong impression, although some people argue that the game will shine through anyway. It's a different thing.
>>
>>2400639
That's not a point at all and most of your post is useless. You're just not getting it at all.
>>
>>2400649
How is it useless? If no LP chooses to do a /u/ relevant playthough (or their audience votes them not to) then there is no value in an LP to /u/. You're at the mercy of the LPer or their audience.
>>
>>2400659
And generally people know how that's going to go going in.
>>
>>2400640
>>2400645
Though it might come back online in Germany and the just slap an 18 on it like with Peach Beach Splash. Anything else would bring up discussion and that's too much effort.
>>
>>2400673
They'd also have to replace all the enemies with robots
>>
>>2400682
VD is hardly violent and that was apparently a non-issue. It's the sexual depiction of minors that's the problem. Though I think people at the USK don't know what the other half is doing because the new Idolm@ster was waved through with an Age 0 Rating. So it might be that VD and Senran Kagura landed on the desk of someone easily triggered.
>>
>>2400682
But they already are robots.
>>
>>2400685
>It's the sexual depiction of minors that's the problem
The English release removes the characters' ages in their bios and the story only references age range in a few mentions of high school. And it's not like the girls look young.
>>
>>2400659
>then there is no value in an LP to /u/.
I don't think anyone has yet come in and said "hey girls there's this great LP you all have to check out"
individuals are perfectly capable of determining whether they want to look at a particular LP or not, the same way they decide whether they are interested in any other form of media

not all games have yuri in them to begin with. so you don't play thos games if you're looking for yuri. not difficult
>>
So is Fate/Extella worth picking up for the dialogue?

I like Fate and yuri but cant stand musou games.
>>
>>2400799
10-20 min dialogue (much shorter if you're the type to skip over voice acting)->15-25 min murderkill depending on your level
>>
>>2400799
There's a lot of dialogue so I'd say it's worth it, but like >>2400800 says, there's also a lot of gameplay. You can play on easy to get through it more quickly, though.
>>
>>2400799
If you really liked Extra, yes.
If you haven't played Extra, no.
>>
>>2400802
I haven't played Extra through the end and I still enjoyed Extella. The 'combat' in Extra bored me to death. I also didn't feel like I missed on plot from Extra while playing Extella.
>>
>>2400806
I don't think playing Extra is a prerequisite to playing Extella, but liking the characters of Extra is what will decide whether or not you would enjoy it regardless of the gameplay. As a matter of fact, I would consider being able to stand Extra's gameplay a good test for someone who doesn't like musou: if one finds the story and characters worth wading through that in Extra, they can most likely take it in Extella. If they couldn't finish Extra and don't like musou, they probably won't be able to finish Extella either.
>>
>>2400808
I do like musou games though so that doesn't really apply to me. As for characters, I only started a Tamamo one so I couldn't speak regarding Nero (Emiya was the other one right? Nameless that is) and I liked her just fine.

I can slog through stuff if it doesn't bore me, but if it does I basically fall asleep on the desk while I play it. I wish I could change that.
>>
>>2400811
The point I was making was to help this anon >>2400799, who specifies they can't stand Musou.
My second post (the one you are replying to now) was intended to clarify why I said what I said.
>>
>>2400811
Actually, we could compare your experience with Extra to how someone who dislikes musou gameplay might feel about Extella.
>>
>>2400629
except she doesnt have a crush on him. just like how meruru doesnt have a crush on Masked G.
>>
>>2400639
You're a massive retard who think everyone is dumb like you.

First, I only watch LPs of game I do NOT want to play. So it's either LP or no reading at all, nothing to be lost. Second, yes some LPs don't go into obscure yuri interactions or obtain all endings in a game. But if the yuri can be ignored that easily without affecting the game, then it's not something I care to read about in the first place. Again, nothing to be lost.

I watch LPs of games that I dislike playing (mainly Atelier and NoA) but still somewhat interested in the story. So I casually watch a complete LP series, then research walkthroughs to see if there was any missing ending and search for those missing pieces individually. In the end, I watched all there is to watch about characters I care about. It's exactly like reading a VN once you skipped all the gameplay.
>>
File: 1.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
Maidens of Michael pickup announced
http://mangagamer.org/sonohana/maidens/index.html
>>
>>2401242
Are you really still hung up on this?
>>
>>2401490
I just returned to the thread, faggot.
>>
>>2401528
Then stop reviving old arguments, cunt.
>>
>>2401466
VICTORY!
>>
>>2401466
MangaGamer also announced that they will be publishing the yuri visual novels The Tower of Five Hearts! and The Stargazers Remaster. The latter one is getting a kickstarter for it.

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/896183071103496192

https://twitter.com/Lupiesoft/status/896215987048947712
>>
>>2401466
Nice desu
>>
>>2401466
That's awesome, but aren't a whole lot of people going to be wondering who the other couples are since their games aren't officially available in english?
>>
>>2401697
will it really matter? a lot of people are familiar with the property even if they haven't played the game, sonohana games aren't known for their deep plot so a brief overview of the pairing is probably enough to go on, and anyone who played kindred spirits or the like is probably fine with "here's a whole bunch of couples"
>>
>>2401697
I agree with >>2401705 and think that the Best Couple scenario will be enough of an introduction to new readers.
>>
>>2401697
Most people who are interested in the series have probably read the unofficial translations.
>>
>>2401535
>old argument
>not even 20 hours old
>on a slow board that have threads 2 years old
I will reply to a post replying to me whenever I please. You don't tell me what to do, newfag.

Are you the owner of that post and got told off by everybody thus getting your pride hurt? If yes then you got what you deserve. If not then get your cucknose out of others' business.
>>
>>2401829
Seriously. why are you so butthurt about this? It's fucking videos of people playing games, just how much of your meaningless life have you invested in them? If you want to watch better people than you play games and read Wikipedia pages about the game and pretend you know the game the same way as someone who has actually played it, then be my fucking guest.
>>
>>2401829
>get your cucknose out of others' business
Make me, twat.

>>2401871
It's less about "investing time" and more about some people here condemning LPs on a basis of "I don't like them, so nobody should like them".

>pretend you know the game the same way as someone who has actually played it
Aside from how the game controls, what information can't you get from a video containing a full playthrough of a game? Please, tell me.

>better people than you
What a burn.
>>
Anyone planning to support the Stargazers kickstarter when it goes up?
>>
>>2401875
>people here condemning LPs on a basis of "I don't like them, so nobody should like them".

No one is condemning them, at least that's not what was intended. The argument is that no matter how many videos you watch or how much secondary material you read, you won't get the same experience as someone who played the game. Your experience of the game is coming through the filter of someone else, and that filter may color your perception of the game. Maybe, as mentioned before, they don't follow the path that is relevant to /u/, maybe they just aren't very good at the game and their lack of skill makes the game look bad. How many videos are you willing to watch before you finally find one that works for /u/? How many LPs even exist for a niche series like Atelie or any other JRPGr? FPS and MOBAs are what brings the views.
>>
>>2401877
i feel sorry for the dev who is a bit crazy and apparently not doing so well saleswise, but i don't actually like his work much
>>
>>2401877
Nah. I don't support western trash anymore.
>>
>>2401887
yeah, but you plaing the game won't have the exact same experience as someone else playing the game on a different platform, with a different controller, or with different skills, so why is this relevant?

why do you care whether someone else occasionally watches LPs of games they don't feel like playing themselves?
>>
>>2401895
Because they need to 'experience' it themselves otherwise they can't speak for it at all. Because they haven't played the game.

Or something like that I imagine. Seriously, it's like when someone says to me 'ooh you're missing out on this food that you don't want to eat' because naturally they know my tastes better than me.
>>
>>2401893
Bad kickstarter experiences?
>>
>>2401887
>No one is condemning them
> If you want to watch better people than you play games and read Wikipedia pages about the game and pretend you know the game the same way as someone who has actually played it
>I guess enjoy watching some twat skip or talk over dialogue and not finish the LP when they decide the game is boring or it doesn't give them views
>I will never understand LPs or streaming culture faggotry
>I will never understand this faggot culture of watching LPs
Well, I mean. It doesn't bother me what one anon thinks of the way other anons spend their time, but this is not "no one is condemning them".

>How many videos are you willing to watch before you finally find one that works for /u/?
None. I would look through titles, because most sane people tag routes in games that have them.

>How many LPs even exist for a niche series like Atelie or any other JRPGr?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=atelier+let%27s+play

>>2401897
>Seriously, it's like when someone says to me 'ooh you're missing out on this food that you don't want to eat' because naturally they know my tastes better than me.
Fuck, that grinds my gears so hard.
>>
>>2401900
Something like that. For a while I thought it was important to support anything that tries to appeal to my specific interests, but I just felt regret when I read my $20 fan-fiction-quality stories with bad art. I just buy things that I think actually look good now, like a normal person.
>>
>>2401906
Support is good when the genre is weak but we're spoiled for choice with yuri in the past year, so right now it's better to support things going in the direction you actually want to encourage.

and for me stargazers is not it
>>
>>2401906
This happened to me too.

Indie devs are terrible at scheduling or fulfilling what they promise. Most are really bad about posting updates too.
>>
>>2401911
Buying and playing a game I didn't like led to one of my friends buying that game without asking me if I recommended it. I feel bad about it.
>>
>>2401911
>support things going in the direction you actually want to encourage
What direction is that for everyone?

In my case I want to pick my own love interest and not be stuck with a predetermined one I don't have any interest in.

It feels like most yuri games just don't give you enough options to pick your own path either.
>>
>>2401920
I just want anything that's thought out and well-written. Whether it's slice of life that only focuses on relationships, some edgy sci fi murderadventure with side yuri, or anything else, I just want it to feel like a real, complete story. Also I want incest.
>>
>>2401927
>I just want it to feel like a real, complete story.
Sadly this is a much higher hurdle than it should be.
>>
>>2401920
I like choices. I usually won't buy KNs.

doesn't necessarily have to mean pick your love interest though. a set pairing is fine if there are interesting decisions to make and different outcomes

I would rather have a plot than just slice of life cute stuff. i like my angst and drama.
>>
>VD banned on Australia and Germany
I could swear the Senran Kagura games got through just fine. Still, can't they slap an AO tag on ittor equivalent and sell it?
>>
>>2401937
What about minor choices like what you wear or eat that day?
>>
>>2401939
Is this for real?
>>
>>2401939
>>2401942
It was either mentioned earlier in the thread or it was mentioned in the previous one. It's not news.
>>
>>2401944
Sorry. I usually just scroll past if there's lot of uninteresting VN discussion.
>>
>>2401941
if i get to see the character dressed up like I chose then that's something at least

if it's a choice just to pretend you have choices and it does nothing, that's kind of annoying
>>
>>2401466
Maiden was made to be an entrace gate for the series. It properly intruduces all the others couples.
>>
>>2401964
To
>>2401697
>>
File: 002.jpg (233KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
233KB, 1280x1280px
[10mile] Hitori no Qualia
https://exhentai.org/g/1097343/bf663db37c/
>>
>>2402403
Newthread
>>
>>2402404
a) we weren't even on page 9
b) most of your 'related threads' are not about yuri games at all
>>
so are we using the new thread or are we hoping a nicer one will come along?
>>
>>2403816
Might as well use it. It's a bloated piece of shit but it's not like anybody looks at the OP anyway.
>>
File: la pucelle x ange.jpg (193KB, 960x1618px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle x ange.jpg
193KB, 960x1618px
>>
File: la pucelle x cagliostro.jpg (455KB, 1845x2020px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle x cagliostro.jpg
455KB, 1845x2020px
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.