[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 405
Thread images: 22

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Collapsed mine: >>2345240
>>
File: 1493357317605.png (151KB, 5149x793px) Image search: [Google]
1493357317605.png
151KB, 5149x793px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea(or more) for all of the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, physical descriptions and other personal elements for the lesser known elements. Suggestions are welcome.

Where are Uranium, Plutonium, and Neptunium from and do they have any family they visit?
Does Cerium catch on to the feeling Pr develops for her?
Have Neon and Tin done a co-lab album or EP?
How diligent of a student is Barium?
Do Hafnium and Holmium know each other?
>>
File: 1464103819760.png (393KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1464103819760.png
393KB, 744x1052px
New writings posted over the course of the last thread.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/24721254
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/16333376
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8471005/chapters/25464615
>>
>>2373055
Barium might seem pretty carefree, but she's actually a decent student. Blame it on Strontium's influence.
>>
>>2373055
>PuUNp
I think the most recent suggestion involved them originally being from the port town or at least PuNp were from there
>CePr
Maybe, might only believe she has a chance.
>Ba
Most likely, if a bit invisible in comparison to other students
>HoHf
Only by name
>>
>>2373310
Is Ce aware of Pr's history?
>>
>>2373317
Might be somewhat aware of the scandal but Cerium was in secondary when it happened. So never knew the details just that she was in hot water. Might not have even known what Pr looked like.
>>
>>2373336
Makes sense. By Y0 it's very, very old news anyway.

Does Ce have much of a physical description yet?
>>
>>2373350
Not much of one, or that I know of, though going off of her name we could do something similar to Palladium. Chestnut hair, soft green eyes, gives off a warm motherly vibe that has her be read as older than she is.
>>
>>2373351
Pale skin was once suggested as one of her physical characteristics.
>>
>>2373357
Could work. Was that from her being a scientist or was she just naturally pale? If it was the latter, I'd like to suggest that she's sunkissed or olive tone skin.
>>
>>2373359
It was, at the time, never really elaborated upon, so anything is possible.
>>
>>2373362
I'd be in favor of the sunkissed if only because it fits her occupation and might work better thematically for her. Kind of like Selenium though I think Selenium is naturally fair.
>>
>>2373367
>Se
Yes, she is.

As for Ce, that would be appropriate if nothing else.
>>
>>2373372
Shocking meta stuff, Ce actually prefers winter over spring and summer. Anything else that Ce needs ironed out?
>>
>>2373379
Where to go on her first date with Pr?
>>
>>2373383
A bar. Depends on how you qualify the date. If you mean the first time they went out, then it was after the crisis was averted. If you mean actual legitimate romantic one that both parties were aware of then probably several months after the crisis.
>>
>>2373384
Mhm, the romantic type.
>>
>>2373387
If it's Cerium who asks out Pr then probably something more budget conscious, because she's most likely a grad student or something where its tight for her. If Pr asked out Ce, that's trickier. I think Pr would fall onto old dating habits and that'd play up her youth which could vary wildly but with the way she's doing her mayor-stuff I'd say she'd have a similar background to Ce. Although obviously she might try and do something fancy and then realize midway through it that Cerium's not really having fun. Leading them to do something more spontaneous or doing something more normal.
>>
>>2373400
And all the while the twins are following in the back of a van with advanced surveillance equipment. Just joking. Or maybe not...?
>>
>>2373406
Come now, they're not that insecure about their boss' plans. Curious, yes, but probably not enough to acquire police equipment to surveil the mayor. Wait actually, if Pr did the asking, she would probably confer with the twins to make sure no sight of reporters or anything will be there or some such. That worry flaring up would cause Pr to be double sure try and be inconspicuous as possible while out and about. Cerium on the other hand would have a much easier time since she just picks up Pr after work and they go out.
>>
>>2373409
Heh, seems Pr has a bit of a worrying streak. Not that it's unfounded. She'll get used to it though, in the future she'll be introducing Ce as her girlfriend. Or wife.
>>
>>2373411
Indeed, though she probably asks Nd to keep an ear to the ground once Nd finds out. Not so much to tip her off, just to get a feel for the rumour current and if it'll come up. Although much like the first time, Nd's one of the first to find out. Sits Pr down and really makes sure Ce's old enough.
>>
>>2373413
It's always good to be informed, especially when you're the mayor.
>>
Which elements are the night owls and which are the early birds?
>>
>>2373601
>night owls
Neon, perhaps. Often times it's unintentional for Fe and Li. Selenium would like to get up early, but sometimes she has trouble with it. Fluorine, probably.

>early birds
Phosphorus. Radon.
>>
Another Thallium.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/25556571
>>
>>2373780
That's a mystery solved if there ever was one.
>>
>>2373982
Tl is still in the dark about this one, though!
>>
>>2373601
I'd like to think Gold is a night owl more from personality and inclination than anything else. Krypton's one through profession.
Xenon's most likely a morning person or both, especially if she's known to get unusual time-related shots.
>>2373618
I could see Fluorine naturally being both. Sleeps like a grand total of four hours a night or something.
>>
>>2374335
>Fluorine
Much to the wonderment of those around her. She doesn't want to miss a moment. Impressive.
>>
>>2373055
Everyone higher than Uranium should be a robot or something.
>>
>>2374750
Actually, most of them are. Np and Pu aside.
>>
Imagine if this gets a web cartoon or a VN like Katawa Shoujo.
>>
>>2375033
That would be fun. The setting has tons of potential.
>>
>tfw missed a whole bunch of stuff

>https://pastebin.com/ayRG7D2R
Thanks again for proofreading!

>Also, chapter 14 of Metall/u/rgy short stories by MS, which features Thulium, mistakenly refers to her as Terbium at one point.
Whoops

>I finished the story about Steel and Iron meeting.
That was pretty amazing, thanks!

Epilogue should be Terne worrying she might lose Steel to Ferra due to their shared musical passion and then complaining at length to Tech only wishes Terne would really pin Steel down and ravish her instead of talking about it

>Has Pm met Nep by Y0?
They have, basically the gynoid squad fully assembled between Y-5 and Y-4

>Interestingly enough, and MS could corroborate on this, but Nep probably had a direct hand in helping Mendelevium be sea worthy. In all senses
She most definitely has, and I'd like to think she's the one who handles Md's maintenance

>>2373055
>Does Cerium catch on to the feeling Pr develops for her?
That's a tempting thought

>Have Neon and Tin done a co-lab album or EP?
Definitely, they are the stars of Electro swing; Tin does the swing and Neon handles the electro

>How diligent of a student is Barium?
Very

>>2373780
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/25556571
I'm sure Po has the very first Unobtainium volume ever printed, her most prized material possession
>>
>>2375282
>Epilogue
That's a good idea. I was thinking of something involving Cast that would shed light on Iron's missing history. Making it, I think, Cast's first appearance in the setting beyond discussion.
>>
>>2375282
>Md's maintenance
So, Nep would be in regular contact with Pa regarding that?

>>2375298
>Cast's first appearance
It would be. And also set at least a year into the future; as Cast is born roughly a year after Fe's return.
>>
>>2375329
Could be set further into the future, though that might be murky territory
>>
>>2375345
It might be nice if it's set when Carbon is pregnant with Cast. Iron history can be addressed and it also sets a happy tone while keeping the timeframe relevant.
>>
>>2375357
Might work better. Originally I tossing the idea around that little Cast sees a statue that looks similar to Iron. So Statue=Iron in her mind and she's all excited and then Iron or Steel ends up telling her who the statue's actually about, while keeping a comment that yes it does look similar to Iron.
>>
>>2375360
Heh, Cast isn't even born yet and she already sounds adorable.
>>
>>2375369
Yeah, she'll be pretty excitable. Probably gets it from Carbon despite eventually following one of Iron's hobbies.
>>
>>2375405
Which hobby might that be?
>>
>>2375409
Cooking. Of the two, Iron was the cook. Carbon had a handle on general things, could follow recipes and stuff, but Iron was the one that delved more into experimenting and took a class or two. Well before depression hit her hard. When she starts recovering and dating Carbon, it would return quite easily I imagine.
>>
>>2375416
At least Carbon is good at grilling, if it's any consolation.
>>
>>2375420
Oh yes, Carbon is very good at grilling. It's one of her favorite things about summer. Considering she's an adult now, it wouldn't be hard for Carbon to get some sort of chef grill installed in her kitchen. Just have to account for the everything else related to it.

I bet Carbon ends up surprising Iron by asking her over one night and grilling her dinner. Iron's all kind of smiley and shit because she finds the moment really cute.
>>
>>2375447
I just realized that Carbon will be able to draw Steel and Fe together. She probably hasn't sketched in a long time, so her skills might be a little rusty.
>>
>>2375450
Gonna be quite a few changes that'll pleasantly surprise Steel. I wonder how the FeC romance would start, and whether Cast is because Carbon got too passionate. Again.
>>
>>2375458
>Carbon
>Passionate
While that's definitely (assuredly) true, Cast was definitely planned this time.
>>
>>2375463
>planned
This is gonna cause me to scratch my head but that seems, I dunno, quick. Especially considering it happens in year they're repairing their relationship.
>>
>>2375468
Once they're all back together as a family, it doesn't take too long for C and Fe to get back together as a couple. For Fe it was more like her feelings were "on hold" if that's an accurate way of putting it.
>>
>>2375472
That'll probably confuse Iron. So the year is more for Carbon then? I guess that reasonable.
>>
>>2375473
Yeah, that makes sense. There exact details of the period between their reunion and Cast's birth haven't seen too much discussion yet, at least not recently, outside of the reactions of some of the cast and other small details.
>>
>>2375475
If there's one thing that's assured about that emotionally charged year, it's that Carbon will probably pay Hydrogen and Silicon a buncha visits to sort through her emotions. Maybe Mo-chan too. W would probably blow a gasket
>>
>>2375486
That's for sure. It's a relief for Zinc and Mn too, which may be an understatement.
>>
>>2375298
I feel like Cast would be a leap too big in the future compared to the rest of the fic; it'd need C and Fe going back together which would require a fic of its own

>>2375329
>So, Nep would be in regular contact with Pa regarding that?
She would; she's Md's guardian angel
>>
>>2375534
>she's Md's guardian angel
Md must have a lot to report whenever she goes in for a checkup. Sounds like there's potential for a friendship to grow there.
>>
>>2375534
You make a good point to hold back on Cast. Well either way it probably wouldn't be done soon. Done sure how I'd do the Terne idea, without having it kinda being a tipping point in their relationship.
>>
>>2375545
>without having it kinda being a tipping point in their relationship.
I'm interested to see that cause I began to wrote something involving Steel ages ago then lost it so I might as well rewrite it in light of the most recent fics
>>
>>2375553
It'd be interesting to see that. I kinda imagined Steel as being, not innocent, but ambivalent to her love life. Kinda led her to not picking up on Terne's crush or fully realizing other things. Depending on her childhood and early teen years, I'd wager that Ferra might've been her first known crush. Didn't really last long but eh, she's bare enough that it could work. I could see her crushing on Titanium or at least finding her readily attractive.
>>
>>2375556
Poor Terne. Tc can facepalm at them both now.

To Steel's credit, though, it does seem like she sort of unknowingly feels something more for Terne, on some level. She likes to spend time with her, but maybe more than a normal friendship. That sort of thing.
>>
>>2375648
Could be, she's definitely not aware enough to pick up on it. She's starting too though. This has got me seriously thinking now about the changes she had through her life. She goes from like typical girl to tomboy/shop girl in her teens at least in dress. Was she always leaning towards tomboy or was she more of a wallflower before tomboy? I do remember some discussion about her being a quiet kid when she was in primary, and that Terne was the one who made the in roads for their friendship.
>>
>>2375651
Perhaps she did open up a little once going to highschool, meeting Terne, and expanding her interests. It seems less like shyness and more like she was content to keep to herself at the time, or, as previously noted, ambivalent. That could probably be phrased better.
>>
>>2375678
Meeting Terne kinda happened before highschool. It was like kindergarten I think, or was the example. They're basically childhood friends. Although you might be spot on about Steel being content with just Terne and what not in elementary/middle school. She had all those aunts, and Techy at home so who needs school friends? Maybe Middle school was when she opened up some more. Shop class and all that.
>>
>>2375679
Oh, sure. That transition makes more sense.
>>
>>2375679
Also since a few years, she got a little sister figure
>>
>>2375690
Pewter?
>>
>>2375700
Stellite
>>
>>2375701
Right, right. Forgot that would have been the case.
>>
Cast doesn't just get one sister. She gets three. (Steel, Stell, and Techy.)
>>
>>2376511
Techy might as well be an aunt to her given the age gap
>>
>>2376511
And Sige as a relative too.
>>
>>2376547
Oh right, Sige is her cousin, only about 4 years older that Cast
>>
>>2376558
So, what's Sige like?
>>
>>2376565
2 years old as of now, so she's very much a blank canvas
>>
Who is Pase going to end up being penpals with? It was Sige in the original proposal but Cast was also suggested, which makes sense. I vote Cast.
>>
>>2376576
Penpals?
>>
>>2376580
Yeah. Back when Pase was first being discussed there was some talk about her and Sige sending letters to one another. Later Cast was brought up as a possible option too.
>>
>>2376586
Then I'd say Sige because closest in age

Given the alloys that still have to come, there's much left for Cast (by the way add Nichrome to her sister list)
>>
>>2376589
That's true, C and PS just have a relatively closer history which seems like it would make it easier for their kids to connect with each other. I suppose it doesn't really matter in the end, though.
>>
>>2376594
Well surely Pase is only the first of many
>>
>>2376802
Good luck, Potassium.
>>
>>2376817
I'm sure K will be delighted, imagine the sight of a beaming K surrounded by children, N would melt on the spot
>>
>>2376822
>K is a sister figure while N is more of an aunt figure
Heh.
>>
>>2376834
Where do B and Na stand in this lovely picture
>>
>>2376903
To the daughters of P and S? Probably pretty distant, but they might remember them if there's ever a time B and Na visited K during that period.
>>
>>2376589
>>2376594
>Cast ends up in this weird time gap where she babby sits all of her little sisters
>Ends up just baking with them to occupy the time.
Don't forget Proton and Hydroxide. Speaking of OH, I wonder if Iron will be nonplussed upon meeting her wife's friend's wife/traveling hobo.
>>
>>2376947
Iron's probably understanding enough to, er, understand it. It works for them but O really should settle down soon.
>>
>>2376969
Most likely, Iron doesn't seem the type to begrudge anyone. Would probably whisper to Carbon about Oxygen being behind her red back at their house.
>>
Speaking of H and O, who is the older sister, Hydroxide or Proton?
>>
>>2377108
That's a tricky one. Could always do fraternal twins. I'd argue and say Proton if only for namesake but that's relatively iffy.
>>
>>2377202
The thing is that there are already quite a lot of twins in the setting. Anyway, there's doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Proton being the elder sibling.
>>
>>2377221
SeTe, and RuRh. Am I missing any other twins? SeTe are fraternal though they're closer to identical iirc. B&B as twins are finicky. As for Proton, might just be better to leave it up in the air since they're part of the next generation.
>>
>>2377227
PrNd are twins as well.

B&B were both conceived around the same time, Zinc carrying one and Copper the other, right? Fair call for Proton, that's true.
>>
>>2377233
Right right forgot about the Mayor and one of the city's top reporters. Yep indeed for B&B closest they get are being Irish twins. I bet Gold and Silver were scratching their heads when Copper broke the news
>>
>>2377239
Totally confirms Iridos' suspicion that Copper is a master of romance. no doubt.
>>
>>2376910
I'm sure NaB visit often, they both love their K

>>2377221
The idea with H+/HO- being twins is that they are the water twins
>>
>>2377275
Ah, I see. That does makes sense, then.
>>
>>2377275
>H+/HO-
>water twins
At last, I truly see. Looks like Chlorine might get some fellow swimmers. So when does OH receive Thalassa's oceanids?
>>
>>2377444
In due time.

Wait, are H and O officially married yet?
>>
>>2377448
I think the relationship's fluid.
>>
>>2377598
Is that pun intentional?
>>
>>2377625
yes
>>
>>2377626
Good one.
>>
>>2377448
Nothing to say they can't already be married, and in true Oxygen fashion they could unintentionally elope. Imagine Hydrogen takes a vacation with Oxygen because there's a lull period going on for a good three~four months and gets talked into it. They leave the city and the province/country and end up getting married in another country. Hydrogen comes back with a ring on her finger that causes Carbon to snicker and ask if the wind finally proposed
>>
>>2377646
>O wants to elope because H is nobility
>H tells her that her family won't mind
>O still wants to RP it
>>
>>2377646
>>2377651
This is too perfect.
>>
>>2377651
>>2377646
Terrible and cheeky idea. What if Hydrogen's parents, and He's Aunts, were Tritium and Deuterium? Probably out of the picture to keep with adult element parent theme in the setting.
>>
>>2377735
Could be a nice nod.
>>
>>2377735
Lesbian grannies?
>>
>>2377745
Wouldn't be grandmothers since they die before H+/HO- are born. Actually wait that might work better. Could explain why they might'ved favored calling Hydrogen "Protium" when it was just them and why they aren't alive anymore.
>>
When Ori finally meets O they can sunbathe together.
>>
>>2377748
>they die before H+/HO- are born.

Do they?
>>
>>2377795
Probably. Hydrogen and most of the adult elements don't have specified parents currently.
>>
>>2377795
Third-party poster here, seems to me like they could still be around, as a aforementioned "out of the picture" background detail.
>>
>>2377797
Either way, it's mostly outside of the focus of the setting.
>>
>>2377799
Indeed, and considering their potential age and stability, we could go with some irony by saying they're out traveling the world in their twilight years.
>>
>>2377801
Aww, that's a nice way to write them off.
>>
So if OH "secretly" elope, when did it happen? They're 31 and 34, respectively, by y0
>>
>>2377967
In their late teens most likely
>>
I know this is about metal but Florine would be a rapist because she makes bonds with every single element on the periodic table
>>
>>2378013
*except for helium and neon
>>
>>2378013
She is, or was, a total flirt with an active nightlife, which is getting at the same idea. Right now she's in a threesome relationship.
>>
>>2378013
Promiscuity is how it's being translated in the setting

Rape is not really appropriate for the tone of the work

>>2378031
She also used to be one of Al's bed buddies
>>
>>2378294
>Al's bed buddies
It's thoughts like these that ruin Scandium's evening.
>>
>>2378294
>>2378305
This brings up a good point. Outside of nameless girls, which elements have slept with Al? Iirc, F was a fwb or something before F's committed threesome. I wanna say Boron was with Aluminium in some capacity. Cobalt was one if the profile holds true. I'd like to imagine AlBe were like AlF before they realized being best sisters were the better course for their relationship.
>>
>>2378501
Yep, B and Al was a thing, however briefly. I don't know about the idea of Al and Be though, as far back as they've known each other they've always had more of a (friendly) rivalry as far as relationships go. Not much room for anything else.
>>
>>2378505
>the idea of Al and Be though
Easy. Before the rivalry was real friendly, they could've actually keyed each other up. Eventually it led to angry sex and in the aftermath they realize they're like sisters or what not. Acourse then they go "yeah it was great but something about it didn't feel right." so it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>2378508
I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. Besides, Al isn't a blonde.
>>
>>2378510
You have a good argument. So the named elements, so far, are: F, Co, and B
>>
File: 1480912728214.png (138KB, 4931x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1480912728214.png
138KB, 4931x1015px
>>2378513
Yup. Here's a good reference for Al.
>>
What happens when Stellite stubbornly doesn't want Gally to leave after she's finished watching her for the day?
>>
>>2379835
Gets all pouty, Depends on when her crush formed.
>>
>>2379841
>Depends on when her crush formed.
It's still very innocent at that point, establishing the groundwork that her later crush would come from.
>>
File: crush vs love.jpg (178KB, 920x854px) Image search: [Google]
crush vs love.jpg
178KB, 920x854px
>>2379843
Interesting idea, though I'd argue that her poutiness and what not is a result of her actually having a crush already. Innocence and age translates it to her not really having a good grasp on what she's feeling or why Gally being so pretty causes her to get butterflies, so she might feel a little frustrated in addition to whatever the crush brings. Although that's not to say it couldn't help in laying the foundation to the crush she gets on Gally when she returns from Uni or whatever and Stell's all flustered that way.
>>
>>2379854
One upside is that she won't even have to introduce her for the first time to Cobalt and Chromium when she announces they're dating.
>>
>>2379861
Indeed and the semi-consistent distance that'll happen as Stell grows works nicely as a forge for her crush to shape into love. It'll be more seriously put to the test when Stell's going through Uni while dating Gally.
>>
>>2379869
How are her moms going to feel about it? They know Gally is responsible, and she'll have matured a lot as she became an adult (at least, I imagine she will).
>>
>>2379874
It depends and which moms? Stell or Gally's? It depends on the gap, and if we're talking about Gally's, they might be worried about Steel if she pursues Gally at the start of her twenties. I'd like to think Chromium and Cobalt sit Stell down a few times and try to hammer home how being independent and self-sufficient will benefit her more in the long run. Leading to a potential notion that Stell could become a sugar momma for Gally but that's getting in Stell's personality which requires more fleshing out.
>>
>>2379891
Stell's moms specifically, but yeah. All of this is veeery far off from the present of the setting; just something to think about. There's always room for more Y0 Stell and Gally characterization, after all.
>>
>>2379895
True, though in OP's original question I think it'd depend on how young Stell is. It could just be the equivalent of a friend having to go home to her. So little grumpy but Chromium could mention seeing a movie later that night or something that begrudingly turns Stell's mood around.
>>
>>2379951
Stell bounces back quick.
>>
Has Plat ever interacted with Stell yet?
>>
>>2381284
Nothing in writing yet, but I believe it was discussed. So implied, would depend on if Cobalt had to watch Stell for a prolonged time.
>>
>>2381291
That is a pretty interesting aspect of her relationship with Cobalt. Exploring it could be fun.
>>
>>2381323
If we're getting into meta-sense, Cobalt ends up knowing her step-moms as baby sitters before they get together. Nickel if Gally isn't available to sit, and Chromium has to go do something, or Plat during Cobalt. Then she sees that Plat and Nickel are flatmates and just shrugs it off. Maybe.
>>
>>2381360
>Then she sees that Plat and Nickel are flatmates and just shrugs it off. Maybe.
It is quite the coincidence. Plat and Stell seem like they would get along nicely.
>>
>>2381381
Probably would and could have Cobalt realize that, as much of an airhead Plat is, she's actually rather responsible or something. Not all at once, but kind of a slow build up or some such.
>>
File: 1480741464610.png (139KB, 651x495px) Image search: [Google]
1480741464610.png
139KB, 651x495px
>>2381390
Picture related.
>>
>>2381409
Computers are, obviously, her one weakness though I don't think it translates into such comical ineptitude.
>>
>>2381411
Heh, that's true. Plat's reliable when it comes to her strengths.
>>
So what was Xenon doing before she ran into Krypton and then Fluorine? For that matter, how long were Xenon and Krypton together before Fluorine befriended them?
>>
>>2381771
This is just a guess, but she was probably focusing on her career at the time. It seems like Xe and Kr would have known each other for a couple of years or so before F.
>>
Ah, Xe and Kr have actually known each other since their teens (Kr's profile).
>>
>>2381807
>>2381811
So they are. The way MS worded it, makes it sound like they might've been besties that moved into innocent girlfriend territory and then stayed there til F showed up. Interesting to think about it since Xe probably traveled much more after secondary while Kr probably went into studying business or something.
>>
>>2381827
It's likely that some of Kr's earlier ventures were sponsoring galleries for Xe's work, then?
>>
>>2381830
Definitely one or two. If nothing else she probably played MC for the event while someone else sponsored it. Like Kr might've had a small section set aside for Xenon whenever a showing was happening or something.
>>
>>2381831
On a similar note, maybe Krypton has met Argon before, if any of her galleries have ever contained older paintings.
>>
>>2381835
Very likely considering they could be apart of Argon's family collection or something. Although I like to think statuary is more up her alley.
Oh actually bit of that and the possibility that, before she full became a club owner/PotA, Krypton did various MC jobs and or curated in the off season. Coulda met Argon while being a curator or MC
>>
>>2381837
It's not surprising that she's made a lot of connections in her line of work and with the success she's had. She likely also has some experience with being a classy bartender as well.
>>
>>2381841
It was, indeed, discussed that Mr moonlight as a bartender when needed. I believe that might've been how she met F or deepened the relationship. LiPo is on the fence since Kr would've been in her twenties. So Po if anyone else and this is mostly likely back when she was on the prowl.
>>
>>2381845
Good catch with Po, that makes a lot of sense.
Funnily enough, Xe was once briefly discussed as being the more social of the two (between her and Kr).
>>
>>2381847
Xe can still be the more social of the one. Depending on how upscale the bar was, Kr could've just been taught to look nice and professional. Still there's nothing to say she doesn't have charisma. Club bartending would probably require her to likely be more showy or social if she was the lead and the others looked to her for help.
>>
>>2381850
That sounds right. Kr definitely has charisma. It's no wonder Xe fell for her.
>>
>>2381853
Now now, it could've been Kr who fell for Xe. After all, Xenon knows how to capture a moment in time. Such things can lead to inspiration and what better to inspire than a burgeoning love for the thing that was photographed.

Although this has me wondering. Is Kr photogenic?
>>
>>2382336
Ah, what seems to have happened is that they both fell for each other.

>Is Kr photogenic?
There's no doubt about it.
>>
>>2382341
Indeed. In, possibly, true Kr fashion, she became enamored with the shots Xenon did for the school paper/yearbook/whatever. Eventually found out who it was cause Kr probably became a team manager or someone on the student council.
Is she really? Would've been a bit funny if it was more her spending so much time around Xenon she knew some things to appear better in pictures but she wasn't particularly attractive. Like the most noted things about Kr in pictures, is that her eyes tend to glow when in said pictures while being more attractive in person.
>>
>>2382345
Hmm, that's a pretty niche power. Everything so far describing Kr paints her as a rather dashing figure, which most likely would translate into photogenicity as well. But she's definitely picked up some tricks from spending so much time around Xe, that's not a bad idea at all.
>>
>>2382349
I don't know about power, just more of a byproduct of how she photographs. That's definitely not to say the whole dashing figure couldn't come from live appearances or broadcasts, being an MC and all she probably has some footage, but in actual photos she just blends in. The charisma she might have could lend to why she stands out in person but blends in, in photos. Video footage is probably hit and miss.
>>
>>2382354
Maybe that translates more into a personality thing; she has a lot of experience "in the field" but mostly takes on an organizational/managerial role when it comes to her "empire" (besides when she moonlights as a bartender in one of her clubs). And when there's a grand opening or whatnot. She has a lot on her plate, after all, and is fine not flaunting it needlessly. As in, she's around and noticeable if you know where to look but not actively seeking attention.
>>
>>2382366
That works nicely. I just rather liked the notion that Kr isn't particularly photogenic, comes off as kinda underwhelming in a "that's it?" sense in photos. Depending on how much of a partier F is, in the sense of knowing which clubs are hot/opening, it would be rather cute if F was trying to place where she saw the moonlighting bartender one night. Que searching online and realizing she just spent the whole night flirting with the owner.
>>
>>2382373
Haha, that sounds like something F would do. Kr was probably the one to introduce her to Xe then, and it wouldn't be long after until F realizes what's going on (or not going on) between them.
>>
>>2382381
Maybe though I'm kinda liking the idea, and this is dependent upon how freelance Xe, that F has met Xe before and flirted with her. Of course when Kr introduces her and F catches on, F just hugely slams on the brakes and is like super apologetic about flirting since she didn't know they were together.
>>
>>2382386
But they're not actually fully together yet, right? F just assumes that they are, at first?
>>
>>2382393
They, okay going off the profile nothing official ever happened. XeKr were doing all the love making with eyes and probably became very dear to each other but never stepped into girlfriend territory or something similar by the time F showed up. So yeah F figuring they're together is likely, possibly about Kr and Xe talk about each other making F think they're talking of girlfriends instead of best friends.
>>
>>2382395
Mhm. It's an easy mistake to make.
>>
>>2382396
Especially with them. However, all this talk of Xenon, made me realize that the city might likely have a "Top 20 most eligible bachelorette in the metro" thing they occasionally do in one of the papers. An editorial or something that lets Xenon get some easy work. Obviously, and this is dependent upon how popular Fluorine's practice is, F could be a frequent face in such a thing. Eventually Xe and F met through that thing. The actual editorial might be a bit of a stretch though.
>>
>>2382400
Heh, would Nd try to slip Pr's name onto the list? Only to get shot down completely by her with a resounding "no".
>>
>>2382405
Maybe, though in the vein of trying to talk Pr into doing it. After a good five years from the scandal. Depending on how old the thing is, Po might've been on it a few times.
>>
>>2382408
>Nd: So, you know that articl-
>Pr: Absolutely not.
>Nd: Awww, how did you know?
>>
>>2382411
The twins just sigh off to the side and pat Nd on the back. This has me wondering which elements would actually be on such a thing. A majority are likely nameless people but probably U before Mo-chan. Al and Be obviously, they probably flaunt which number they are to each other. I'm sure Nickel gets contacted about interviewing Iron but Iron's depression is kind of ever present so never happens. Maybe Carbon, once or twice, which she's on the outs of a relationship. Argon just as lip-service I guess. Chlorine I think, before she began dating Mercury. Hell that could've been how they began dating if nothing else has been suggested
>>
>>2382422
Hmm, HgCl's origins as a couple don't seem to have seen much discussion outside of the original suggestion and scientific justification, from what it looks like.
>>
>>2382431
What was the original suggestion? Just that they're together? In that case, I am actually liking the idea that Cl occasionally ended up in the list and like the one time Hg's in the city around that time she goes through the list or gets on it. Ends up going through it and finding Cl's info, then just rings her and is all "Hey you wanna get dinner?" A little spontaneity fits them pretty well.
>>
>>2382436
Speaking of dinner, it's also possible that Hg went into a restaurant Chlorine was working in, ate something she cooked and excitedly wanted to meet the chef (and ends up asking her out).
Well, Hg is hard to predict.
>>
>>2382439
This is true, could also be a mix of both. Reads the list, and makes a mental note to try and contact Chlorine. Nothing comes of it and like a month later, she's at one of the restaurants and it just snowballs from there once she recognizes Cl.
>>
>>2382443
She must have made quite the first impression.
>>
>>2382436
The discussion gave me the goofy idea that they met in one of those romantic get together TV shows, where they landed for reasons completely unrelated to the actual TV show, madness then ensued

What would a TV show like that would even be called? Lots of euphemism potential
>>
>>2383044
Could work, though I suppose it depends on how professional/serious it's done. This more of a US example, but aside from the Bachelor(ette) shows MTV used to do some variation on dating shows. They weren't particularly thrilling in terms of romance, more gossipy and trashy. Although if you go back further enough in US TV history there might be better examples to pull from unless other countries have examples. Which I hope they do, because US' examples are pretty bad.
>>
>>2383053
From what I remember from fench examples are pretty down to earth much unlike their american counterpart, they were mainly TV games. Thing is with those french TV games is they are, bar the more intellectual ones, incredibly cheesy (both intentionally and unintentionally) and cheesiness is what powers that whole idea.

I could see Hg managing to sneak in while being on the studio for her wether show emphasis on "show", while Cl was there due to a drunken bet with F or something
>>
>>2383059
Now those sound like a fucking delight to watch. I'd be down for something like that. Would this be local to the city or more of a country/province show? So using the scenario, Hg sneaks in because she would find it fun and Cl's one of the contenders because of F or something? Leading to Cl unintentionally picking her and the MC/officials being equally as surprised as Cl. Cl because, wow that lady's my kind of hot.
>>
File: 1446573264397.png (242KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446573264397.png
242KB, 640x480px
>>2383044
>What would a TV show like that would even be called?
Coupllation.

I'll see myself out.
>>
>>2383066
That's the idea, I said a drunken bet but it could very well be F tricking CL by saying she booked her for a wine degustation program, basically the kind of wacky stuff you'd expect from the F and Cl duo being left unsupervised

>Cl because, wow that lady's my kind of hot.

And Hg's thinking the same, then they both stole the show with heavy flirting and eyeroll-inducing innuendos

Could end with Hg running away from security whith Cl piggybacking on her
>>
>>2383097
>Could end with Hg running away from security with Cl piggybacking on her
That's a great mental image. Hydra's running while carrying Chlorine and Chlorine's got the comical prize check or whatever in her hands while hanging on. Does Hg come back for her show?
>>
>>2383066
Would she recognize her from the weather report?
>>
>>2383107
>"Due to """""technical""""" difficulties today's weather will not be presented by Mercury"

Alternatively:
>"High risk of rainfall tomorrow although certainly not as heavy as the rainfall in my pants after visiting the Coupllation studio let me tell you!"

>>2383116
>"Oh hey you're the hot weather lady! Wow that ass is much nicer for real, can I touch it?"
>>
>>2383116
Who Chlorine? From the other the other anon described, Hg's show, it would be closer to Bill Nye I think. So fun in explanation and compression of information but specifically about weather and underlining things. So like geology for earthquakes, perhaps an arc on planet creation to help successfully explain what happens to the atmosphere in broad strokes by little things.
>>
>>2383126
Hg can certainly be described as "technically difficult".

>>2383127
That's a cute idea.
>>
Did Po bed any of the named elements while she was on the prowl? Before Thal moved in that is.
>>
>>2384306
She did get with U during their teenage years, many years ago
>>
Are Ytterbium and Pewter dating?
>>
>>2384355
They are, while Ellie keeps flailing about, Pewter gets things done
>>
>>2384358
Where is the Ellie nickname derived from?
>>
>>2384424
Electrum->Ellie (I assume)
>>
>>2384442
Ooooh, I thought it was referring to Terne.
>>
>>2384447
To be fair Pewter is ahead of the game compared to both Electrum and Terne
>>
>>2384611
How much does she know about her sister's crush?
>>
>>2384612
I'd like to think she sees it, and has been seeing it for some time
>>
>>2384615
Sometimes is seems like Steel is the only one who hasn't yet.
>>
>>2384617
I'm sure Pewter also suspects Terne's feelings are not one-sided
>>
>>2384617
Now to be fair to Steel, romance has never ever been a priority for her. Probably from lack of self interest, and a by product of Carbon nurturing her hobbies.
>>
>>2384635
She's pretty perceptive, or maybe it's just that they're both so obvious about it.

>>2384636
True, she does have a lot to deal with lately.
>>
>>2384642
It probably doesn't help if Steel is like her mother, and unintentionally flirts with Terne around Pewter.
>>
>>2384647
Steel has mastered unintentional flirting, hasn't she?
>>
>>2384651
Yeah probably, which might explain why Terne was getting all moody when she started being friends with Ferra
>>
>>2384658
>Terne is pacing anxiously and Pewter is thinking, "if you know she flirts unintentionally, why don't you realize when she's doing it with you?"
>>
>>2384670
Seems likely that Terne and Steel will get together in Uni.
>>
>>2384694
I think it's been discussed in the past, but I don't remember what was decided.
>>
>>2384636
Steel is very fulfilled emotionally, and I'd say Terne effectively provides an emotional closeness that makes Steel not feel the need a girlfriend, but as long as Terne is around

In fact they're basically girlfriends without any of them knowing, cue many Pewter facepalms
>>
>>2384747
That's kind of sweet.
>>
>>2384358
I see.
>>
File: phlebotinum.jpg (114KB, 821x271px) Image search: [Google]
phlebotinum.jpg
114KB, 821x271px
>>
>>2384747
Pretty apt way of describing it. I bet they'd initially be worried about after secondary stuff, before coming to the conclusion that they'll still be friends even with the distance. Might inadvertently cause Terne to realize what she has for Steel is actually love, instead of a crush, while Steel gets clarity from the absence.
>>2384839
Sounds like a popular season arc.
>>
>>2384846
Terne is apparently also the first to confess her feelings.
>>
Still no yandere?
>>
>>2384899
Nope
>>
File: 14573581505356.png (61KB, 263x360px) Image search: [Google]
14573581505356.png
61KB, 263x360px
>>2384902
>>
>>2384899
>>2384902
Could be a Phlebotinum/Unobtainium/Plotium/Green Rock villain or something.
>>
>>2384938
Meh, seems forced. Should have been one of the naturally highly unstable or toxic elements.
>>
>>2384943
You're talking about a yandere. Those don't ever translate well into anything that isn't animu.
>>
>>2384952
They do if they are mild. Also the entire Metallurgy concept is pretty animu.

I guess there's still always Corium.
>>
>>2384963
Depends on how mild. Closest currently, would be Mithril and she's not really extreme or violent. Just gets unusually possessive.
>>
>>2384952
Yandere is a bad concept all over, animu or not, when you get to the bottom of it

It's all well going for the edge but then you got left with characters that don't mesh well with the rest of the cast, making them ostracized because who in their right mind would hang out with them?
>>
>>2384973
It's a bit silly for all characters in a setting to get along with each other. In practice it isn't any different than someone like Francium, who only interacts with a single person. If anything, I'd say it's weird that everyone is so interconnected and there aren't more pairs that keep to themselves.
>>
>>2385015
That's not an argument in favour of yanderes though

And no, Fr's case is not the norm, people are more often than not interconnected, and it's those social connections that are the fuel of the storytelling; one person on their own won't have as much things to tell
>>
Electrum has enough tsun to compensate for all the other deres.
>>
File: 14556414517789.png (206KB, 769x232px) Image search: [Google]
14556414517789.png
206KB, 769x232px
>>2385023
>it's those social connections that are the fuel of the storytelling; one person on their own won't have as much things to tell
No but couples do. How much of the content on this entire board involves a very large cast of interconnected characters and how much of it is a single pair, a few pairs or a small mix of pairs and individuals? I'm just not sure the storytelling is all that enhanced by it. The majority of it is just background information like "so and so knows so and so, and feels this way about this major event" but it doesn't actually do very much storytelling wise.

Look at this Manganese Potassium story Metalsappho wrote, for instance.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10576032

And I'm not trying to call MS out or anything, it's just a good example of what I mean. There's part in the start that talks a lot about Carbon and Iron's fallout and how it put Zinc and Manganese on opposite sides and how Carbon recovered and started dating a bunch of people and so on. But all that ends up doing is sort of bogging down the story itself with unrelated stuff from other characters.

The story could have been her taking a walk because she was stiff and exhausted from working and it wouldn't have changed anything, except that there'd no longer be the weird exposition about a character (Carbon) fairly unrelated to the situation at hand (Manganese running into Potassium).

My casual observation is just that all the connections don't really do much other than exist for the sake of connections existing and in some cases they detract from individual relationships or interactions by stealing focus.
>>
>>2385032
>The story could have been her taking a walk because she was stiff and exhausted from working and it wouldn't have changed anything, except that there'd no longer be the weird exposition about a character (Carbon) fairly unrelated to the situation at hand (Manganese running into Potassium).

That's not true because the character of Mn is intricately linked with the whole FeC situation> The exposition was as much some insight on the FeC situation as it happened back then but also as context for how Mn was doing.

Sure you could skip that part if you're focused on the MnK aspect, but the main aspect here is Mn herself, by losing the FeC aspect you'd take out some important context that deeply affected the character.

>The majority of it is just background information like "so and so knows so and so, and feels this way about this major event" but it doesn't actually do very much storytelling wise.

Because the storyline is not focused and is not made to be focused, both because of its writing structure, but also its commitment, from the start, to feature a very large cast with no set protagonist. Metall/u/rgy is an ensemble work at heart, and a very big one at that, so it needs different plot hooks and arcs that involve different characters, but that are also interlinked the set the whole thing in a shared universe.

Not to mention the fact that by using a chemical theme, there was bound to be many, many connections.
>>
>>2385138
>Sure you could skip that part if you're focused on the MnK aspect, but the main aspect here is Mn herself, by losing the FeC aspect you'd take out some important context that deeply affected the character.
This was somewhat my point though.

I'm not saying it should have a set protagonist. I'm saying that at heart, it's a project on a yuri board and it should be about the couples, not about how X was friends with Y in high school who is now helping Z out with her job. I also wasn't saying there shouldn't be different plot hooks or arcs or connections. I'm just pointing out that there is a point where focusing on the connections becomes a detrimental to those arcs.

And it wasn't about being a large, super interconnected cast from the start. At the start it was just about some couples and who they were and how they interacted with their significant other. There was no fuss over who knew who and how they felt about who.

When Whiskers was written there was pretty much only Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin and Lead, but the story makes no mention of the first three, because it was a story about Tin and Lead so there was no reason to, just like there was no rush to figure out how Carbon and Iron knew anyone, they were just FeC with their own drama. The setting won't fall apart because characters don't have extensive connections to other characters. Simply being in the setting is enough for them to be fundamentally connected as part of Metallurgy.

I think, if anything, the idea that the commitment should be to "featuring a very large cast" has been harmful to the quality of the project. Because in the rush to figure out every last element the thread has been left with a dozen or two well developed ones and several score generic characters in bland relationships who have overly detailed information set up, highly limiting the creative room for any ensemble work.
>>
>>2385159
>it should be about the couples

It should be about the characters, not necessarily the couples and there's more to the characters than just their relationships; they have stuff outside of their romance and that stuff both influence and is influenced by their romantic lives, you can't separate one from the other

>And it wasn't about being a large, super interconnected cast from the start.

The cast expanded itself very very quickly, and there was more than 20 characters by the end of the first thread with talk about more characters

This period where "there was only a very characters was a very short lived one that showed the same will of expanding the cast

>When Whiskers was written there was pretty much only Gold, Silver, Copper, Tin and Lead, but the story makes no mention of the first three, because it was a story about Tin and Lead so there was no reason to, just like there was no rush to figure out how Carbon and Iron knew anyone, they were just FeC with their own drama.

I don't really see what is different here; individual fics are focused on the characters it covers and their immediate surroundings just like Whiskers was about Lead and Tin

>>2385159
>Because in the rush to figure out every last element the thread has been left with a dozen or two well developed ones and several score generic characters in bland relationships who have overly detailed information set up, highly limiting the creative room for any ensemble work.

I don't see how it's limiting the creative room of the work
>>
>>2385185
>>2385159
You've both made valid points. At the core, this has always been about the couples, but the focus might shift at times to other areas as well. It is all very interconnected, but that sort of the nature of the setting; don't get me wrong, at times I've also questioned it too. The difference between this setting and a story about a single couple or small handful of couples is that it's also, in some ways, a (yuri) worldbuilding project. It's bound to grow disproportionately and with the day-to-day interests of the thread. Characters that aren't as fleshed out right now still have the potential to be.
That's not to say that a story can or can't focus on a single character or couple, versus their place in the larger social side of the setting, or that everyone has to know everyone else or no one at all. It really just depends on the tone of the specific work and the characters themselves.
>>
>>2385185
>I don't see how it's limiting the creative room of the work
That was how this discussion started, with the idea that characters could or could not work based on their ability to form connections and "mesh well with the rest of the cast", rather than there ability to work one on one with another character, and that such secondary connections were necessary to fuel storytelling.

It's also limiting in the sense that characters are increasingly already "written" in summary form. If I wanted to write a story about how Boron and Sodium met and grew closer and ended up together, for instance, I now have to follow the narrative that's already been established for them, Sodium idolizing Boron as a child, developing feelings for her and getting jealous over a string of lovers. That's already been established. When it comes to age gap like this, I prefer a more forceful young character and a somewhat withdrawn (though not necessarily cold), chaste older character who gradually opens up. That is not Boron at all, Boron has already been established as a bright and extremely social character who needs company and has no problem with casual romantic relationships.

Which would be well and fine if I could then say "Oh well" and just look for characters who fit closer to that--but I can't. Because of this issue at hand, because of this rush to establish every character, almost every base element sans the later synthesized ones (which are largely featureless because they don't exist except for tiny bits of time) already exists, and has established connections and a significant other.

I believe this is counter to this projecting being a world-building one as mentioned by >>2385278 ,because it is more like a world-built project.
>>
File: 1395219918016.jpg (18KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1395219918016.jpg
18KB, 410x410px
>>2385445
(cont.)

I think establishing this extensive and detailed a canon was a mistake both for it's continued viability as a world-building exercise, and as a weird barrier to entry for anyone who discovers the threads and now has to pour through a ton of information before doing anything, rather than just picking two elements with an interesting chemical reaction (or two with character traits they like) and creating yuri.

The only solutions I see are either to do away with this idea that all the characters have this established network of connections and relationships (which, whatever, at this point I'm not really asking for that that option is long gone) or more realistically, to open the setting to molecular compounds as a whole, not just alloys and simple 1-1 pairings, but all compounds. Because that pool is so large, that there will never be any shortage of available characters, relationships and stories to create from.

tl;dr, In my rather unimportant and minor opinion, the thread should move away from:
>Hey this is Metallurgy, a collaborative yuri project, and here are the characters and their relationships, suggestions are welcome.
and towards:
>Hey this is Metallurgy, an open-ended, collaborative yuri project, and here are some of the characters and relationships people have made and written about in the setting so far. Additions and new content are welcome.
>>
>>2385447
I do think I see where you're coming from (I'm just making another post as a third party to this discussion). However, as soon as you start deciding things about the setting and the characters that are in it certain things become available and certain things become off-limits. As soon as Gold had a basic personality, for example, there are actions she wouldn't take and actions she would. That's just unavoidable (not that it's a bad thing). These aren't limits per se, they're just facets of the character.
You do make a very valid point about there being less room for spontaneity in the process of creating or expanding upon characters now that most of them have been expounded to some degree, but it's going to end up that way no matter what; even if new characters kept being added or the scope of the setting increased exponentially. There's always going to be a point where the broad strokes have been established and the rest is filling in the blanks. And there are still a whole lot of blanks. There's still an huge canvas for creativity in what hasn't been established yet, even if we now have the basic blueprints for most of the parts. It's just become more about the potential these characters now have than the continued creation of new ones.
>>
File: 1489118508916.jpg (29KB, 373x260px) Image search: [Google]
1489118508916.jpg
29KB, 373x260px
Oh, and additionally, everyone's input is valuable!
>>
>>2385461
>As soon as Gold had a basic personality, for example, there are actions she wouldn't take and actions she would. That's just unavoidable (not that it's a bad thing). These aren't limits per se, they're just facets of the character.
That's fine, my issue isn't really with "Here's gold and her personality and her job, etc" so much as it's with "Here's gold and here's all of the people she interacts and exactly how she feels about them." With the first you can take Gold and say, Krypton, and do whatever you want with them because they have similar, patron-based activities. With the second one, it's already established that they only really interact in a professional sense because they're both busy people who don't have the time to spare.

>There's always going to be a point where the broad strokes have been established and the rest is filling in the blanks.
I don't know that I agree. I think you would find that these threads (that is, the people in them) would be exhausted long before the potential afforded by opening up to more complex molecules, even if it continued to be limited in scope to very simple 2-4 atom molecules.

>It's just become more about the potential these characters now have than the continued creation of new ones.
That's also fine. I'm not particularly arguing against people being more concerned with established characters than new ones. I just think it's unfortunate how the threads have drifted towards that being the primary (or even only focus) rather than leaving the project more open ended. And obviously, since it's what started this whole thing, I think it's silly to hold this stance that characters can't or shouldn't exist because they're designed for interaction with just one or two other characters instead of a large number of cast members.
>>
>>2385485
I suppose at that point it's more about working off of collectively established knowledge rather than wholesale creation, both of which are equally fine. One just tends to lead to the other. I guess what I'm trying to express is that it isn't a bad thing if the broad strokes are established, because it still offers a lot of space to work. Just a more structured space. With well established characters, this development is almost exponential.
For the most part the thread is into what the thread is into, which changes from time to time based on whatever topics happen to be brought up. While well established characters do naturally receive a lot of focus, new characters are still introduced. Such as Niello and Shakudo, who still retain a lot of the open-endlessness you're referring to - their being mostly self contained in comparison to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>2385485
This is more about your first point, but it sounds like you're considering profiles to be immutable. While not super obvious, in and of itself, but they aren't. Hell profile Iron is pretty different than what character Iron is. That's due in some part to lack of need to update because of what it would entail but they aren't really that set in stone. They're more like references to the character as a whole, or compilation of stray ideas that threads have.
>>
>>2385485
After re-reading your post (I already wrote >>2385536 in response to it) I realized that I don't really disagree with what you're saying at all. In my mind it's not one or the other, both viewpoints discussed here here are compatible. If something is discussed in the thread, like Gold and Krypton are mentioned or described as having not interacted much, this is subject to change either in the future or when it's returned to and expanded upon, or even if someone just has a really good idea for a story.

I just wanted to make that clear.
>>
>>2385548
>>2385555
Nice digits.

Fair enough. It just feels a bit like stepping on other people's toes.
>>
>>2385567
Much of it is always up for good discussion, at least. No harm there.
>>
>>2385445
But then if you wrote that wouldn't that establish your version as the canon above the others. Whether it's profile, fic or even discussion, established aspects inevitably shuts down the rest.

And as an aside, this "canon" is considered to be the main one by convention, but nothing stops anybody to make alt ones.
>>
>>2385596

>>2385567
This though. It feels like kind of a dick move and the last thing I want to do is take something someone enjoyed making and invalidate what they did.
>>
Also I'd like to point smething

>>2385555
>this is subject to change either in the future or when it's returned to and expanded upon, or even if someone just has a really good idea for a story.

This, although it's rare; I think one of the biggest canon changes was Pewter apprenticeship with Cobalt being pushed way later to make room for Galinstan, and that was done after a Y0 fic showed Pewter and Stellite interacting and that still hasn't been fixed
>>
>>2385671
>spoiler
Well one of the technical things about that, is-was a year set for when Cobalt offered apprenticeship? While it was indeed pushed back, there's nothing to say that it couldn't've happened on the course of Pewter being Cobalt's apprentice, got to know Stellite and the like, but when Cobalt brought up the topic again Pewter came forth and said she'd feel better doing it later for whatever reason.

That's a kind of a cop out on my part, but it could help explain why she might know Stellite. Although really the bigger issue is that, the threads should hammer out what exactly happened that got Cobalt to offer Pewter apprenticeship. Along with the subsequent events following it since this is like Pewter's 2nd year of secondary I think. Figuring out when Cobalt approaches Pewter with the offer would also help, because I don't see Cobalt just randomly offering it without knowing Pewter to a good degree and being familiar with the girl.

Like how meta-wise and setting-wise we know Thallium is either already apprenticing under Arsenic, or in a more likely case, working part time for her while still in School. We just don't know the events leading up to it, outside of like bullet point equivalents.
>>
>>2385690
Nah, that fic was written with a 6 year old Stellite and Pewter was then her big sister figure, then in got changed in favour of Galinstan, while Pewter's apprenticeship got pushed until a few years later

I had planned to change that fic but it didn't work with just replacing Pewter with Galinstan, so it just sits there, not linked with the rest of the canon anymore
>>
>>2385713
Oh I see, well rip. A solution might form eventually. I can't remember what it was or I might offer some help if it required explaining something involving Gal.
>>
>>2385717
Thing is a lot of Pewter's dialogue is mainly talking about artistic ability and how she hopes to get on Co's level someday, which doesn't work with Galinstan

Maybe setting the fic a few years later but that would need rewriting Stellite into a young teen
>>
>>2385722
Oh I see, yeah that is definitely troublesome. Okay best I can think of would be to figure out when Pewter and Cobalt meet and work from there, which I think you already did, or just leave it as is. Possibly throw some little note at the end, if it's particularly bothersome.
>>
>>2385724
Eh it's fine, it's not a fic that matters in the grand scheme of things, it's not even its own thing since it's part of the prompts collection

I just used it as example that things can change if there is thread consensus to do so
>>
>>2385731
Good point and in relation to that notion, along with the other anon's example, I had a thought. Specifically about Gold and Krypton. Now it's very unlikely it'd happen soon but I imagine that Gold as she gets older, like 50~60, she'd kind of shift scenes in terms of movies. Instead of say acting, she'd slowly phase out and move into directing or script writing or even producing movies while still doing theater. Anyway that's far off; however considering her age, and her popularity, I could see some casting agencies or directors kind of trying to find the next Gold and inadvertently lead to some comment reaching her ear about a new "young rising star" that's her "replacement".

She gets a bit incensed at the notion that she needs to be replaced, and then the fact that she listened to trashy gossip, but she is a bit at that age where they could consider it. So it leads to an attitude shift.
This attitude shift, I would attribute to how she was getting through her anger. Mostly by running into Krypton and Tin while trying to process why the gossip got her so mad. She most likely knows about Krypton's MC history and could ask her, kinda casually during an event, why she moved away from the spotlight. Obviously part of it is Krypton's personality, but the other reason could partially resonate with Gold in the vein of being a patron/mentor. Of course, Tin's of the mind that Gold's being a bit silly because she's irreplaceable. Gold ends up asking Tin what she might do if she's feeling artistically stagnant or something and leads to Tin talking about collabs she does. Because while the money is wonderful, she loves music for music from all accounts.(1/2)
>>
>>2385746
(2/2) Ultimately it leads to Gold possibly rediscovering that she got into theater for acting and the fun of it. Fame might get to her every now and again, but it wasn't why she got into acting in the first place. Besides she was kind of famous before it considering her family. Thus she begins to try out for other roles instead of the leads.

Oh right, original point, anyway when she's branching out, that could be a good time for her relationship with Krypton to morph. Potentially in the form of Gold doing much more theater because she forgot how fun it was, going to operas, things where she's likely to run into Krypton and they begin to talk about their love of the various arts. Might even involve Krypton introducing Gold to a few things she hadn't viewed as art before.

Just a little career/relationship development for them.
>>
>>2385671
There's Phosphorus and Sulfur too.
>>
>>2385746
Those are very good ideas but quite a few ways from now

>>2385771
PS didn't really changed from what was established, change was proposed but the thread was mostly against

Speaking of change here's one I'm proposing Ne is said to be the queen of Electro swing, well maybe that genre is best represented through her collaboration with Sn, with Sn being more into modern Swing/Jazz
>>
>>2386283
PS actually has gone through several changes its just in the details. Largely they're still in a similar situation as they were in the beginning, but one of the ones that was liked is the fact that they're married by y0. It was always Pase's birth that brought up discussion because it'd involve Sulfur selling her lab and moving in with P to kind of retire. City public transportation was discussed and there was a good case for the distance between P and S to be readily traversal-able by what the city.

It then became a discussion on, okay so if the distance isn't that much of a problem, then what ultimately leads them to planning for Pase. Which kind of never happened, beside some talk about Sulfur moving in with Phos while still working at the lab.
>>
>>2386283
That's a sound suggestion. Sn sounds like she's experienced in a wide variety of styles herself.
>>
>>2386292
>>2386283
AFAIK the latest consensus was that everything about Sulfur's wedding, retirement, selling the lab, moving in with P, etc, happened three or so years prior to Y0, with Pase's birth being three years ago precisely. Hence her listing on the chart. It was basically all shifted back to accommodate for that.
>>
>>2386298
Was she retired? I thought it was more she moved to an administrative position or something. Either way, it's already done, as long as they're P's around for the environment problem that gets Pr and Ce together.
>>
>>2386308
Mhm, I believe that is the case that she retired. It could have been a gradual process where she at a time took an administrative position or maybe she still retains that title despite her effective retirement. She's taken up viticulture in the meantime, of course.
>>
>>2386295

I'd like to imagine Sn spilling all her spaghetti while trying to flirt with Pb during their teens, yet when they get on the dancefloor she completely transforms herself and swings like no one else, with Pb giving her all to keep up
>>
>>2386939
Probably serenaded Pb too. Though that reminded me, doesn't one of Sn's images portray her as the like Barry Manilow of the setting? Where's she's one of the faces of romance, probably by accident.
>>
>>2386939
Pb is almost always cute but that's just really super cute.
>>
In the end this idea >>2385722 wouldn't let go of me so I rewrote that shortfic in the future, set 5 years from Y0 when Pewter is 20 and Stellite is 11

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/16109989

Here's the old version for posterity:

https://pastebin.com/xYx2dtgE

>>2386947
>Probably serenaded Pb too.

Sometimes Sn does manages to take the lead
>>
File: 1480835897952.png (53KB, 244x285px) Image search: [Google]
1480835897952.png
53KB, 244x285px
>>2388197
>take the lead
This image is doubly relevant.
>>
Galinstan, Stellite, first kisses (but not what you'd think).

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/26120169
>>
>>2389159
Stell's being a sneaky breeki. Now for Gal to just innocently deny it while putting it to the back of her mind until later.
>>
>>2389198
Just wait until Stell gets serious about it when she's older!
>>
>>2389159
And just like that, one of Galinstan's cherries got robbed, although the next one won't be as accidental
>>
File: 1486318914643.png (135KB, 209x344px) Image search: [Google]
1486318914643.png
135KB, 209x344px
>>2389372
>>
>>2389374
Stellite just listen carefully to her mama's advice: "mold the glass while it's hot"
>>
>>2389383
Cobalt sure loves those double entendres. Like her mother, Stellite is probably going to have quite dexterous fingers.
>>
>>2389389
Co's a cunning linguist
>>
>>2389648
Just ask Cr!
>>
Who doesn't have a hair color or eye color decided upon yet, if anyone?
>>
File: amended.png (6KB, 437x375px) Image search: [Google]
amended.png
6KB, 437x375px
>>2391546
I am pretty sure this is who's missing something both things. I'd have to pull up the xcel and see who only has one or the other to add onto it.
>>
>>2391557
Maybe something jaw-length for Helium, in a light color?
And maybe Gal's appearance could take a cue from that one image that inspired her and Stell (or at least it was relevant).
>>
>>2391562
Sounds reasonable for Helium, if we take hints from Hydrogen, then light hair is something relatively common.
I'd have to look at the inspiration photos, but weren't they kind of a typical light/dark couple. Could work since Stell's a blueish silver.

Speaking of colors, I came across two tangentially relevant pictures. Of Pallas and Athena, which could be used for Palladium since she has heavy Athena influences iirc. The other one's Athena and Pallas kissing but they don't show irises.
>>
File: G&S.jpg (349KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
G&S.jpg
349KB, 500x800px
>>2391575
Here's what Pd's profile has to say about her appearance:
>Physically she is a strikingly tall woman with pale complexion, blue-green eyes, and wavy brown hair, which she typically either tucks up into a hat or wears tied behind her.

On that note, Astatine could use some suggestions.
>>
>>2391582
Must've been just the hair and height then for the Athena influences. As for At that's kind of tricky because of the actual element. We could go off of what's used in the setting, and say she looks more sickly than she is. So like white/grey hair that's kind of limp and flat, sometimes, while her eyes are not really colorless but perhaps blue like ice blue from lack of actual color.
>>
>>2391588
That could work. Alternatively the color of her hair could be black, with little to no luster in addition to those other descriptions.
>>
File: Galinstan_on_glass.jpg (100KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Galinstan_on_glass.jpg
100KB, 600x500px
>>2391602
Might work better as black, would compliment that blush of hers. Speaking of which, instead of blue eyes perhaps very light green eyes work better.

As for Galinstan, her having gunmetal hair probably goes without saying considering the actual compound. Not sure about the eyes, but what one of the components look like when on fire or something.
>>
>>2391715
In that case, Galindtan could, from Indium, have blue eyes.
>>
>>2391903
I suppose that could work, but remember, Gal's relation to Indium is like cousins or cousin once removed. So anything from Indium would be familial lineage connecting them instead of direct things.
>>
>>2392571
Mhm, it's as much from the physical makeup of the alloy as that fact. If Indium's eye color hasn't been decided yet, that color could work for her as well.
>>
File: 14514958356287.png (319KB, 744x702px) Image search: [Google]
14514958356287.png
319KB, 744x702px
>>2388200
>>
>>2392785
Very nice!

What would the elements to personify expressions? We have Co for smugness already, Cu would be embarrassment, Au pride, Ac anger, W stoicism, Rn softness...what else?
>>
>>2392830
C for lewd. The twins or Mithril for keikaku
>>
>>2392785
This will be useful.

>>2392830
Tsundere Electrum.
>>
Sr for grumpiness?
>>
>>2394173
Watch it be Calcium in the morning, Strontium wins for consistently being grumpy. Zr wins best gap moe.
>>
>>2394362
Then there's Mercury for, um, eccentricity. Of course.
>>
>>2394699
Well Mercury better embodies SCIENCE! but yeah eccentricity too. The cape science or whatever that's really fantastical
>>
>>2394770
I bet she can make a serious baking soda volcano.
>>
>>2394777
Of course. It was so serious it registered on her seismograph
>>
>>2394781
Curium's real job must be to keep an eye on her.
>>
>>2394699
>>2394770
Cl is also quite up here on the eccentricity scale

Speaking of halogens, I would represent seriousness, At spaghetti and F promiscuity
>>
>>2394790
>F
I think you meant Celebration/Temptation.
>>
>>2394789
Perhaps, but this talk made me realize. Whenever Platinum needed to do something for a science fair as a child, she would frequently go to her Auntie. Probably has a closest full of science fair ribbons
>>
>>2394797
>>2394790
How about Br?
>>
>>2394801
Contentment? She needs to be expanded upon a little more. I suppose undergrad or postgrad life could be another one.
>>
>>2394805
Bromine does need some love from Arsenic.
>>
>>2394799
>Cu hangs out at Pt's
>Finds Pt's science fair ribbons
>Pt has won it every single year
>>
>>2394809
All the paper articles Cu can find never mention a fair, just that there was an accident and the fire department was called to the school.
>>
File: Pt's potato battery.jpg (827KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pt's potato battery.jpg
827KB, 1280x1024px
>>2394814
>>
>>2394817
Hydra would call that a job well done.
>>
>>2394817
>Cl returns to find that all of her ingredients for dinner have been turned into batteries
>>
>>2394827
I actually believe she supplies Pt with her most interesting specimens
>>
>>2394829
Supplies Mercury. Plat most likely doesn't do science fairs anymore since she's in Uni and is likely doing something medical related. I think, have we ever discussed what she's studying?
>>
>>2394829
>Hg: We might starve but at least we're having fun!
>>
>>2394833
Isn't she going to go into some sort of auto engineering?
>>
>>2394835
Maybe? I think it was that or medicine. I know she's a petrol head but that never really formed her future like Copper's coding hobby did. Oh wait, right I vaguely remember something like that. It was more auto R&D or something. It was auto engineering related but it involved more future of cars iirc.
>>
>>2394836
Mhm. The original idea was derived from her real world use in emissions control (Selenium would be pleased), though she would end up doing something with a broader focus than just that.
>>
>>2394837
Alright then yeah, let's stick with that. The whole science fair bit works as nice background to it as well. So if nothing she's like a more automotive Hg in the future. Probably works out a practical amphibious car or something futuristic. Eventually she's the face of automotive engineering.
>>
>>2394847
She can even design a car perfect for Cu!

A self driving one!
>>
>>2394849
Indeed, though that would probably require Cu's expertise. Might have U and Rn laughing about how the future is now if Plat made the news with that.
>>
>>2394850
Sounds like it would have to be a group project, heh.
>>
>>2394856
Yep, though this has me wondering. Which of the megacorps would most likely be in automobiles? Probably Silice.
>>
>>2394877
What about industrial equipment? Like cranes and whatnot? Ferric?
>>
>>2394880
Yeah, probably. I wouldn't be surprised if Lithium had some hold on big construction equipment cause of her mining ties. Although Silice and Ferric are the construction corps. MS says it better since they do different types of construction.
>>
>>2394884
I see. Doesn't Lithium's do some sort of infrastructure as well?
>>
>>2394887
I'm not too sure. Only thing ever really stated for Lithium is mining and its R&D department/batteries. I think Silicon does some infrastructure but it was more piping iirc.
>>
>>2394888
Ah, I might have mixed the two up. Of course, Silice is most known for their computers more than anything else.
>>
>>2394889
Indeed, however that's why it's a megacorp. Cause they do everything, although Silice might be more of a case where it's ability to do everything is obscured through various subsidiaries or stuff Silicon bought out. Iron's really more of the "everything under the sun" can easily be traced back to her. At least that's how I gathered it.
>>
>>2394894
Makes sense. Iron put it all into her company after all.
>>
>>2394888
Silice has two branches, the electronics one and the infrastructure one that does heavy infrastructure like terraforming

Ferric is the actual industrial behemoth, and one of their main activities is transportation equipement

Alkali doesn't produce much in terms of products, they do everything related to the energy chain, mining and R&D
>>
>>2395017
What about Aluminium? Mostly consumer products alongside Iron?
>>
>>2395037
IIRC she occasionally does some sort of aerospace work with Be's company, right?
>>
>>2395037
>>2395141
I see Aluminium as doing generally high end stuff, kinda like a much more prolific and diverse Rolls Royce, or rather, what used to be Rolls Royce, making both cars, aircraft engines, marine and defense equipment, etc
>>
>>2395183
Of course, Al's biggest export is arrogance.
>>
>>2395017
>>2395183
Sounds like Silicon and Aluminium are considered MegaCorps because of their dominance in their select fields. I wonder if Aluminium got the car part of her company to make her supercar or if that's a different market entirely and she had to go to specialists.
>>
>>2395336
She also drives Scandium wild with desire.
>>
File: Aluminium A2.jpg (213KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aluminium A2.jpg
213KB, 1800x1200px
>>2395336
Not sure about supercars, but definitely creatively engineered premium cars
>>
>>2395553
I see, well looks like Platinum might work under Aluminium in the future. Unless she somehow joins Alkali's R&D for car batteries/fuel and emissions work.
>>
>>2395580
>Platinum might work under Aluminium
That's not a half bad idea.
>>
>>2395587
Would definitely allow for the CuPt car to be more easily done. Aluminium might butt heads with Silicon, over fame reasons, but I don't think their possible department head would be rather bothered over the collaboration. Of course, Cu and Pt could very well be department heads by the time it comes around
>>
>>2395676
Since Aluminum couldn't get Copper, at least she could get her friend.
>>
>>2395718
There's that but I think Allie will see Plat more as "Primae Materia, the national science fair 1st place winner X years in a row-working for me!? Yes, eat it Silice."
>>
>>2395725
Little did she know...
>>
Oh damn I didn't even think of it, but Aluminium would most likely not realize Mercury is Platinum's aunt. Well maybe, depends on how distracted she would be.
>>
>>2396208
Not until Hg shows up with lunch.
>>
>>2396257
>Autie, you know Alumiunium?
>Oh yes sweetie, we learned to know each other veeeeeery deep
>Don't listen to her Plat! It's not what you think!
>>
>>2396317
Be has some competition.
>>
>>2396333
I think you mean, Be gains a new best friend.
>>
>>2396383
Since Pt is such a great catalyst, would she help making MgBe happen would she make AlSc happen
>>
>>2396388
That would be tricky, though I would like to think AlSc's on its way to being realized when Plat gets hired. Unless of course, this is some internship she's doing while in Uni.
>>
>>2396393
>>2396388
Depends on how far into the near future Al and Sc getting together happens. Be and Mg seem like they're the ones who get together first.
>>
I think we're forgetting one thing about Plat working with Al inc. When and why did Al decide to get all chummy with her newest hire when she most likely hasn't done it with others?

>>2396394
BeMg just need more development period, both as characters and as a couple. I'd wager developing them as characters could nicely lead to developing them as a couple.
>>
>>2396406
>When and why did Al decide to get all chummy with her newest hire when she most likely hasn't done it with others?

>Al tries to make a pass at Pt
>Pt doesn't realize and go with it
>Eventually learns PT has a girlfriend
>It's Co
>heavyAlsweating.png
>>
>>2396409
I like it, succinct and likely.
>>
How often do Mg and Mn see each other?
>>
>>2396416
Depends on if they're still living together, I suppose.
If they got their own places, they might do stuff together like TeSeS
>>
>>2396422
It would make sense if they lived apart. It's safe to assume they interacted often when they were younger?
>>
>>2396429
To the point that they were more like sisters instead of being cousins. So it wouldn't surprise me if they dormed together or something in Mg's Uni years
>>
>>2396432
Mn must have been somewhat of an influence on Mg then.
>>
>>2396435
Most likely, Mn's got what? Four or Five years on her? Big sister territory
>>
>>2396437
Six, even. Explains a lot. Maybe Mn was inspired to become an engineer by her.
>>
>>2396446
Mg. Maybe, Mn's role in Alkali's company has never really been hinted at so it could've come from someplace else. Now Mg going into STEM like Mn that might be a wider net allowing for it.
>>
>>2396460
Whoops, yeah.
Mn's romance with Lithium may shed some light on that matter.
>>
>>2396480
Possibly, though unless she's in the HR department, it's a pretty good wager that Mn might also have a STEM degree or something. Unless she's like an accountant.
>>
>>2396482
Based on a vague mention in the story where Mn meets Potassium, it seems like she might have a more technical role. MS might have a better idea of what exactly that entails.
>>
>>2396497
The place of Mn has been kinda vague, partly by design.

If I had to name it I'd say she started as junior engineer, then that fic happened where she becomes a bit of a guardian for K. Given Mn's role IRL I see our Mn climbing up the ranks of Alkali's mining division while still retaining that close position next to Li.
>>
>>2397137
So like eventual management?
>>
>>2397144
Eventual wife.
>>
>>2397188
Well obviously, but I figure anything dealing with actual mining division might have her traveling to the actual mines on occasion.
>>
>>2397192
Perhaps, it would depend on the details.
>>
>>2397192
Mn does need a bit of practice exploring the deepest and wettest caverns
>>
File: 1491343168619.png (28KB, 181x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491343168619.png
28KB, 181x240px
>>2397229
>>
>>2397229
Stop posting Mg, besides you're the one that needs experience.
>>
>>2397634
Was B Mg's first experience?
>>
>>2397642
Maybe, if not her than potentially Uni. Better idea; drunken tryst with Mn that freaks them both out before realizing nothing's there
>>
>>2397647
The more pressing question about Mg is whether or not she drives a MG
>>
>>2397669
No, Be does.

Just joking. Or...?
>>
>>2397692
Mg drives a MG down the street
Be drives a Mg up the wall

One is not like the other
>>
>>2397700
Where does Mg drive Be?
>>
>>2397705
A Phlebotinum fan event
>>
>>2397669
Sure why not. The Metro always had kind of a European vibe. Sides wouldn't surprise me if Al's cars resembled stuff overseas in the setting.
>>
>>2397824
Al canonically has a Veyron, with can't be more European if it tried
>>
>>2397943
Meant the ones she manufactured, but fair point.
Does that mean Hydrogen or Argon has a Voisin in storage somewhere that they dust off for big events?
>>
>>2397947
Maybe Aluminium motors is the Tesla of the setting

H surely drives a Clarity while I see Ar with something more horsey like a series 1 Rang Rover, but I can definitely see them having quite a collection of coachbuilding pieces of art they show off at the festival of speed does Lu make a webseries called "Argon's garage"?
>>
>>2397962
Possibly, for Al's company. Out of the four or so companies, Al's is the most futuristic in terms of being readily visible. I think. Sure we have Silicon and Alkali but they're more in the background, subtle, compared to Al's stuff. Unless, of course, Iron's company has a market staked out dealing with carbon fiber which very well may be a thing all things considered.

I could see that for Hydrogen's daily life. For Argon, I'd argue and say that the horsey stuff is for when she's going on expeditions. She has a more suitable car, possibly a two seater, that she takes when she's staying in the Metro for a while. In between digs and stuff where she's regularly appearing at the museums and what not. Lu could definitely make a little webseries, that Argon and Ori inadvertently stare in. Depending on how casual it is. Argon more in the way of "no, I'm not taking the Europa out for a spin. The season's all wrong" or whatever while there's occasional shots of Ori in the background. Argon takes preserving, anything, very seriously.
>>
>this thread was created 34 days ago
>>
>>2397973
When I thought of a car for Ar I thought about expeditions too but then it occurred to me that for that should rent some bespoke vehicle for the job or use a local's while her actual car had a more statutory role.

>>2397990
Will it make it to 35 days?
>>
>>2397997
Fair point, so more of a sedan or something that could comfortably sit four people since she most likely ferries Lu around when they go to museum openings and what not. Ori too when she goes returns with her eventual wife.
>>
>>2398009
A Range Rover has plenty of room and the Queen had one
>>
>>2398019
Well okay then, you sold me with the Queen. Goes nicely with the fact that Argon was originally a TR homage. Although that has me wondering, were Ar's parents the huge collectors or is it more of a lineage thing?
>>
>>2398020
Argon's parents? It's possible if not likely. Maybe Ar just took specific interest in the family collection.
>>
>>2398050
Possibly. I was thinking lineage because of the various antiquities she could very well have in her estate and the various cars. I bet she was a bit of a menace to the staff when she was little before school.
>>
>>2398054
Only H could have kept her in line.
>>
>>2398054
>"Wait a minute where's the 6.5 litre?"
>the rumble of an old engine can be heard far away in the woods
>>
>>2398060
Indeed, up until she met little Lu and got struck with big sister urges so fierce that she started mirroring the maids/H. Much to the amusement of her parents.
>>2398062
>Maids enter the little miss' closet to dust and clean it one day while the girl's on vacation
>A half furnished armory is back behind Ar's clothes
>"So that's where all the missing armaments went."
>>
>>2398063
>>2398062
Before Ori even moved in Ar had already explored almost every nook and cranny of the house as a child.
>>
>>2398077
Much to Lu's consternation. Oh man that's too perfect now that I think about it. Lu convinces Ori to try and surprise Ar through the secret passages, and all of the attempts fall flat. To the point where Ori appears from a wall directly behind Ar like Lu was hoping, but Ar is all "Oh hello Orichalcum, are you having a pleasant stay?"
>>
>>2398082
Lu just wants revenge for that one time. Poor Lu.
>>
To the one who makes the next thread, since I won't be up to make it if it's during the night, I was planning on having the second post be about new material like it is in this one. Quickly going through the thread we've had here's the new bits of writings >>2388197, >>2389159 here, and >>2373780 here. Of course, there's also the Cobalt reaction image too but I figure that'll be posted at the first double entendre
>>
>>2398265
It's here:

>>2398414
>>2398414
>>2398414

(I'm bad at finding discussion ideas though)
Thread posts: 405
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.