[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanfiction Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 10

File: 1493649616960.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1493649616960.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
Old: >>2326208

Someplaces to fic
fanfiction.net
archiveofourown.org

Posting your own stuff for feedback is encouraged.
>>
writing two series for new game and love live

worth opening an ff account for posting also or is the community there too small to bother?
>>
>>2371797
>>2371845
>While I agree that people should link more fanfics
>Maybe we should encourage people to post their own stuff for extra visibility and feedback.

Although I agree with this, the problem is that the threads then can easily become circlejerks around certain authors (ie: those who end up posting here often and then anons feel bad criticizing too hard or something) or /r9k/-tier "everyone posts no one responds" shit. On the other hand, some authors might be unwilling to post so as not to appear too needy/self-aggrandizing/selfish/etc.

This isn't inevitable, but we, as a thread, would have to encourage the right things and discourage the wrong ones.
>>
>>2372332
I thought "we' (whatever that means) agreed that we should post our fanfics in the series' thread first, and only post them here if the series doesn't have a general thread? I'm totally on board with anything that will encourage people to write more, but I think you bring up some valid points. I've always used the fanfic threads more for "do you like it when a girl sniffs her girlfriend's sweaty bike shorts y/n" questions than for critical feedback. I can tell you what I like in a fanfic and what I don't like read about, but I don't claim to be a professional editor. There are many different ways to write, and while I might disagree with the way an author writes, I guess can't really say that it's the wrong way if they are having fun with it. I think a writer's workshop at anon's local library or community college would be the best place to get serious feedback.
>>
This is pretty good for AU shit.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8216283/1/Reverse-Migrations
>When one door closes, another door opens. If you close a door and find this to not be true, then you should open a window instead, and climb out of the building. Desperate to escape her scripted life, Shizuru gets behind the wheel and heads South. In the process of slipping out of her life, she stumbles into Natsuki's. AU

Yeah yeah, >2017 >ShizNat
>>
>>2372354
I think one anon was pushing it but we, the thread, don't really get enough fics posted for actual series to really warrant it.
>>
>>2372354
>I think a writer's workshop at anon's local library or community college would be the best place to get serious feedback.

>Thanks for agreeing to read my work. Now, let's start with this one set in a magical wold called the Omegaverse.
>>
>>2372246
FF has been around longer, so I assume there are more people there for anything more than a few years old. You can always sort through views / pub dates to see what's been posted to find how active the categories are.

>>2372354
Never seriously lurked threads until relatively recent, but I think it would be a good general resource.

Discussion gets the mind turning. I think that much anyway. The few times I have poked in to just let loose ideas interested anons engaged. (Example: Coder MC, Delivery girl, and predatory cake sys-admin shenanigans if anyone remembers that.) Anons were annoyed at the sameness of fic settings in coffee shops that time.

Simple prompts/requesting, green text short-short stories, feedback on merit/execution, expansion into fics if wanted, cycle repeats as desired. Underline that everything is subject to be done, or dropped, on a whim, and not to expect professional grade paid novel responses if they happen.

My 2 cents.

>>2372380
>That line between rape and pheromone induced dubious consent in both parties is really hard to straddle. Are married moms off limits? She's just not in control of herself and worked up after confronting her nemesis/ soon to be life giving hate sex partner/ sister.

But seriously in my last English class the prof asked for peoples hobbies on the first day to open with socializing, two people legitimately said without a care writing fanfiction. Some people have the gumption to just not give a damn. I admire their gumption, and remain in total secrecy terrified of anyone knowing that I write, let alone read it, in my spare time.

But seriously on the subject I took it off the back burner for the hundredth time, and still have no idea how to handle some of the interactions with the general female population being drawn to her and forced to question their sexuality. How bad would it be to basically have pheromone drunk fucks? Have had people unhappy with alcohol drunk fucks.
>>
>>2372399
> how to handle some of the interactions with the general female population being drawn to her and forced to question their sexuality
Awkward, unsure, as if questioning their every action, their every word. A constant internal struggle. Hesitation marking their every act. The question "why?" always in their heads: "why am I doing this for/with her?", "why do I feel like this when she's close?"
Stuff like that. There's been an odd upswing of yuri mindcontrol stories as of late, if I recall.
>>
Not /u/ related I know, but youre one of 3 boards I ever frequent.

Can anyone tell me what board I could go to for a general fanfiction thread? Specifically anime. I want to collab on a project.
>>
>>2372354
>There are many different ways to write, and while I might disagree with the way an author writes, I guess can't really say that it's the wrong way if they are having fun with it.

i feel this. i don't have enough work posted to have the confidence to be critical with conviction about someone else's writing.

>>2372358
>>2017 >ShizNat

more like
>2017
>ff.net

this is a joke. no matter how much i don't enjoy reading on ffnets website anymore.

>>2372399
>I admire their gumption, and remain in total secrecy terrified of anyone knowing that I write, let alone read it, in my spare time.

i have my fanfic handle in public view in my apt and am open about writing/reading fanfic with friends and sometimes strangers. my bff is my beta.
>>
Basically everything https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1239837/Kuugen-the-Fox has put out recently has been very good. There's still the occasional typo and wrong grammar but that's basically normal for fanfics
There was a good new game trilogy about Umiko/Nene, a Hyakko fanfic of all things, the two regular girls und panzer fics and I heard there's a mouretsu pirates thing planned now
There were some other things, like a Symphogear Tsubasa/Chris fic, a spinoff prequel from her main pretty cure fic, two chapters of a maid dragon fic, a gabriel dropout fic and even a girlish number fic.
It's almost impossible to not give a shit about at least one of those fandoms
>>
>>2372404
None of them.
>>
>>2372354
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8216283/1/Reverse-Migrations
>published June 14, 2012
>updated May 8, 2017
>40k words
>>
>>2372636
Don't encourage "people" like Kuugen please. The patreon bullshit will ruin fanfic for everyone if it catches on.
>>
>>2372724
Don't start
>>
>>2372404
Fanfiction is almost entirely unwanted and more or less unallowed on just about every other board. Don't even try to start a thread. This just isn't the place.

/u/ and /vp/ are the only boards I know of with fanfiction threads at all.
>>
So what's that one dumb fic idea you've been sitting on that you're not sure you should write because it's too weird, dumb, and/or large to pull off or to worth writing at all

Mine is a crossover between the supergirl tv show and dragonball. Basically rewrite the 2nd season by introducing a lady saiyan character in place of Mon-El, with saiyans being appropriately power scaled to keep things mostly sane. No clue how I would do pairings aside from most probably doing supercorp as the main pairing, keeping sanvers around and making the OC a lesbian. The one thing i have the biggest grasp on though is how to keep the whole daxamite invasion plot as the endgame for the fic's conflict.
>>
>>2372857
>/u/ and /vp/ are the only boards I know of with fanfiction threads at all.
MLP is about 50% fanfics, but they're kind of creepy.
>>
>>2373033
Twilestia is bestia.
>>
File: 62099790_p0_master1200.jpg (423KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
62099790_p0_master1200.jpg
423KB, 1200x675px
On an unrelated note... I finally got to watching Kobayashi-san, which left me with a void in my heart. So off I went to find fanfiction for it, but there's barely a hundred fics between AO3 and FF.net (half of them are fujo shit too). I was quite surprised and disappointed... Am I looking at the wrong places?
>>
>>2373066
A hundred is plenty for a semi-niche series that aired just two seasons ago.

If anything, I'm disappointed almost nobody has written KannaxSaikawa, it's all TohruxKobayashi and their stories got repetitive pretty fast.
>>
>>2373066
I don't mind the m/m stuff. As it's just indicative of the shipping population not falling into ease routes that don't fit the characters and just are miserable options for a good hunk of characters. And as >>2373124
said, the number is rather healthy for such an recent series. The likes of Gabriel Dropout and Youjo Senki are both about the same age as far as being animated goes and one would be lucky to have a dozen /u/ relevant fics between the two.
>>
>>2373051
Sunlight > Twiluna > Twilestia > every other ship
>>
>>2373124
Yeah same. I was really looking forward to reading some Kanna/Saikawa but it's pretty much a desert.
>>
>>2372332
From what I have seen, the self promoting/circlejerking issues usually relate to the same shit.
Namely >>2372636
>>
>>2373252
Have we even had another author mentioned by name here?
>>
>>2373257
I can't really think of anything else major since the Vocaloid days.
It gets pretty creepy in the GuP threads too. Like some weird acolytes relaying the masters thoughts.
>>
>>2373268
Nobody else is doing GuP fics, to be honest. At least, not ones that aren't Peter Chimaera-tier writing with boys in tanks or boys not in tanks but still approaching the girls that are.

Still, it's best to not name names. Just focus on the fic in question being yuri regardless of who writes it. Unless that person is indeed Peter Chimaera.
>>
>>2373268
I think that anon is kuugen and pretending to be an anon. Which is even more annoying than someone openly shilling their own shit.
>>
File: thoughtful.jpg (246KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtful.jpg
246KB, 1536x960px
>>2373124
>>2373151
I guess I go over-excited about the series and expected that others would've too, resulting in a flood of fanworks. That was quite silly of me. I also have never caught onto a ship so early in its life cycle, so I don't know what to expect.

>Kanna x Saikawa
Hm, it'll be cute, but I don't care too much for it personally. Tohru and Kobayashi are easier to identify with, and I can put myself in their shoes much more easily, since they're both currently going through a life stage close to mine.
>>
>>2373294
>implying
Please the board isn't big enough for such a conspiracy to be true. Anon's just one of the people obsessed. Now let's stop talking about it because anon's an attention whore.
>>
>>2373257
There's the Vocaloid Crew (y8ay8a, Fliers, Gray Voice, Nuclear Eggs).

Other than them, I remember back in the day Lestaki and TsuyazakuraKouyuki were brought up a decent amount.
>>
>>2373257
>>2373342
Dreiser would be occasionally brought up whenever the threads were on a harry potter kick during the early 10s
>>
>>2372724
I ain't seeing what the big problem is. It's essentially commissions. Artists take commissions too.
>>2373294
I've been accused of that before and I don't understand what's wrong with people. After a decade of being active with yuri fanfics theres a couple of people like me. why is that so strange?
>>
>>2373124
>If anything, I'm disappointed almost nobody has written KannaxSaikawa
This. There's very little of it, and it's a shame because it'd be a great ship to explore cute, innocent, budding love. Not that I know how to go about that myself, so perhaps I'm part of the problem too.
>>
How do I search for Female Kamui/Corin fics

Doesnt seem like there's a filter for female version specifically
>>
>>2372466
Thanks anyway, I had a feeling that was the case. I just didn't want to hit up reddit.
>>
File: IMG_0460.jpg (177KB, 755x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
177KB, 755x1280px
Wrote this up a while ago but haven't posted it anywhere. The topic is random, based off Rey and Jessika Pava from The Force Awakens, but I'm debating on weather or not I should continue it, or keep it the small one shot that it is.

Thoughts? Open to criticism as usual.

https://pastebin.com/wQ8J9wga

Also, should I even be posting my own stuff? I don't want to be contributing to any sort of circle jerk.
>>
>>2373483
Just don't spam and like be pushy I guess. Frequency can lead to circlejerking but the thread, and board, is so slow it shouldn't a problem. Unless an anon or two get something up their ass
>>
>>2373483
You need to trim out most of those commas. Imagery is fine to open a story, but perhaps connect it with the character--describe the sound of the ground beneath her feet as she jogs, that sort of thing. It's almost like you describe a bit of imagery to drop your character in it, instead of letting it open the story organically. And don't forget to continue descriptions after the opening.
>>
>>2373485
Fair point. Even if I had enough content to spam, I certainly wouldn't. I would like to post future content here, but that'll be at a pretty slow pace.

>>2373497
Good call on adding more imagery. I'll add some more in, and I'll cut back on the commas. Thanks for looking it over.
>>
>>2373485
The only times I've seen the FF thread be circlejerky it's been when certain fandoms have dominated (like the Vocaloid stuff). I've literally never seem people posting their own fics turn into a circlejerk or keep up for even more than a couple dozen posts much less impact a whole thread.
>>
>>2373615
>it's been almost 5 years since Vocaloid's heyday
>>
>>2374090
>it's been 7 years since these threads had regular discussion of fics I gave a shit about
Definitely feels bad. Still on rare occasion get a rec from them at least, but I've barely posted since before Vocaloids took over.
>>
>>2374090
>5 years
Holy shit. I miss those days though. It was an explosion of creativity.
>>
>>2374093
>>2374109
My earliest memories of Fanfic on /u/ was just a random thread that popped up in 2008 or 2009 I think.

I got maybe a Chie/Yukiko (and it was posted on LiveJournal even) story out of it before I just kind moved on. Don't really remember when it started to become a regular thing for a while (along with the OP pic) and then it all just faded away one day, many years later.
>>
>>2373429
easy to find on archiveofourown because you can filter for that stuff

not possible at all in ffn, youll just have to trudge through it. one shortcut might be to check the favorited stories of any yuri authors you find, as anyone that writes fire emblem yuri tends to also read fire emblem yuri
>>
Which fandoms are popular right now?
>>
>>2375837
Many bad things. Don't know about anime, though.
>>
Anyone know of any good Triss/Yennefer fics? I don't want to look myself so I don't get pissed off at how little/many/shitty there are.
>>
>>2375837

The 100, Wyonna Earp and Supergirl are the current tier 1.

Symphogear, Overwatch, Korra and Riverdale are in tier 2 popularity.

Popularity tier 3 is RWBY, HP, Carmilla, Dragon Age and pretty much nearly everything else.
>>
>>2376097
Really? I don't read any of that shit but I'm surprised Symphogear would be that high, especially RWBY being lower than it.

If only people wrote fics about yuri mango...
>>
>>2376102
Or about Sonohana. You'd think that series would be easy to fic about.
>>
>>2376097
>>2376102
Insert rude remark about today's tumblr generation
>>
>>2376102

These are rough estimates though.
>>
>>2376097
Symphogear is popular? Then why are there not many new art and fics of it?(specially here in west)
>>
>>2376097
in the context of /u/ fic? symphogear only has ~100 things on Ao3 and it looks like a sizable chunk is futa. By comparison, overwatch f/f stuff (with f/m and the futanari tag taken out) is roughly 2.4k. RWBY has approximately the same amount after searching under the same parameters.

unless there's some hidden treasure trove of hundreds of symphogear fics out there in which case, link me please oneesama
>>
>>2376205
Maybe ffn, but that comes with its own hurdles and probably has less.
>>
>>2376207
Most stuff on ffn seem to be OC/self insert fics and there isn't many new stuff. There are a few spanish fics, but last time I cheked the most popular/recent ones were genderbent shit
>>
>>2376205
Since I have futa fics hidden, the symphogear archive on AO3 looks like a ghost town
>>
>>2376205

Shit i didn't untag all the futa.Fuckin christ they have 4 tags and they all have to be crossed out? man that's dumb
>>
Are there any fics featuring exhibitionism?
>>
>>2376239
Symphogear has a few I think, and I'm pretty sure they're nonfuta. Been a while since I read them.
>>
>>2376205
So, has the definitive longform WdwTrcr been written yet? 2.4k - so there must have been some attemps, probably a few that come close even.
>>
>>2376232
Finding what looks like a promising entry under a pairing tag only to see it's also tagged futa is so disappointing. But I guess that's nothing compared to finding the same and then noticing it's tagged "omegaverse" which makes me want to actually vomit.

One of the greatest strengths of yuri, in this case yuri smut, is that it tends toward having two characters with equal agency and desires. You can still have junk yuri written by hacks same as anything else, but on the whole, you escape from the intellectually bankrupt gynecological wasteland that is 90% of straight shit centered around teh cawk. With futa you immediately return to it.
>>
what is with all the omegaverse and the 100 fics?
>>
>>2376461
A lot of them are males writing fics or straight women.
>>
>>2376461
There were a trillion "slash, mpreg" fics back in the day. This is the same thing but with tumblr lingo.

>>2376484
Pretty sure it's all fujoshit
>>
>>2376616
Some men really like their futa but I always thought mpreg was a largely fujo kink.
>>
I want to learn French by reading fanfic (that's how I learned English). Anyone know any good French fanfics?
>>
>>2376967
>that's how I learned English

Same. I don't know any good french fics, but there might be some Hermione x Fleur ones, since Fleur is french.
>>
Is it time to stop reading fanfiction when you spend more time browsing for something good instead of actually reading anything? I'm so fucking picky nowadays it takes forever to find something enjoyable to read. I want to go back to my teenage years when I didn't have any standards.
>>
>>2377052
You have it easy, I never didn't have standards.
>>
>>2377073
I need to confess something: when I was 12 I'd read fics full of OCs and thought they were great. Nowadays I want to set all that stuff on fire.
>>
>>2377096
>12

Jesus, reading fanfics when you are 12 probably causes brain damage or something. I'm glad I only got into fanfiction as an adult, no brain development left to impact.
>>
>>2377147
>causes brain damage or something.

It does, I can confirm.
>>
Slow Burn: Waste of time or development done right?
>>
>>2377199
I like slow burn fics enough that two of them are my current favorite ongoing fics despite the main couples not getting any closer than one half of the pairing talking about their crush with other character(s). So I find them worth it most of the time if they're not taking too long to update. The long time for ships to set sail should be justified though, and the romance in general probably shouldn't be the focus of the plot unless you're really into making a huge ass piece of work that is somehow solely about two people getting together. Also there should be at least some scraps given to the readers.
>>
>>2377147
I started at 9. I regret nothing.
>>
>>2377147
I don't even remember what fandoms were in when I was 12, but it is a moot point because back then there was no internet anyways.
>>
>>2377199
There's a fine line between slow burn and waste of time. As long there is well paced progress, I think slow burns are nice. On flip side, a lot of authors deviate to different and meaningless side plots which leaves everything a giant convoluted mess.
>>
How can I be original and not steal ideas?
>>
>>2377263
You can't. All you can do is your version of something.

That's what all of art ever has always been and always will be.
>>
>>2377263
Make sure to implement clean room design in all of your writing,
>>
>>2377281
What does that mean?
>>
>>2377263
Steal from sources numerous enough that no-one can pinpoint where exactly you got your ideas from.
>>
When ending a story, do you end it with an authors note thanking the readers or do you simply let it end? I'm finishing up a story that I started a while ago, and I also will likely stop writing after this, so I want to express my thanks and well-wishes somehow, but everything I write ends up being rather mawkish.
>>
>>2377147
I started reading fanfics at 7.

Now I am an easily manipulated dilettante with no real convictions, content to live hedonistically, spending money willfully on avocado toast and expensive coffee, the death drive pulling me onwards to reckless acts such as crossing the street without looking both sides. All this I attribute to reading fanfiction at a young age.
>>
>>2377472
Just do whatever you want, senpai.
>>
>>2372081
http://elsannafiction.com
https://www.fanfiction.net/search.php?keywords=elsanna&ready=1&type=story
>>
>>2373345
Needs more Herm/Bella.
>>
>>2376097
I'd argue OUaT is still tier 1, and Carmilla is high t2, if not low t1. Definitely not t3. I've also never even heard of Symphogear. Are you sure this isn't just a list of your favorite stories?
>>
>>2377755
>I've also never even heard of Symphogear.
>aka Symphogay
Gonna hafta try harder than that.
>>
>>2377756
Symphogear is not popular in West for some reason.
>>
>>2377756
Not trolling, I have honestly never heard of the show.
>>
>>2376097
>Symphogear that high
How come those fics aren't mentioned in this or the Symphogear threads?

>>2377761
No time like the present.
>>
>>2377756
Haven't watched it, but a quick google shows 88 fics on FF and 103 on Ao3 in total before filtering. Highest rated work on Ao3 has 97 kudos 1748 hits.
>>
>>2377762
>No time like the present.
Might as well. I'm taking the week off anyway. Should I start with Symphogear, or skip to GX?
>>
>>2377767
You kinda need to start from S1.
>>
>>2377767
Pretty sure s1's okay to start with. You might wanna speak to the actual thread since they'd be probably be more knowledgeable.
>>2377764
Shouldn't trust those. Symphogay is a deceptive hell when it comes to fics stats.
>>
>>2377767
GX is the worst season. It is not unbearable, it has some good moments, but the other seasons are just better. You should start with the first season since the character development and plot elements carry over.
>>
>>2377777
>>2377770
>>2377769
Ok, I thought it was like Yugioh, where Yugioh GX is a completely different show from Yugioh. If they're all the same show, just with weird season names, then I'll start from the beginning.
>>
>>2376102
i think it's a combination of a few factors. writers tend to "migrate" between fandoms as they rise and fall, and i don't remember the last yuri series that fostered the kind of community that produces fanfiction.

a lot of anime/yuri just isn't made for girls and usually it's girls writing fanfic. hence, >>2377760

i haven't even tried symphogear, but i don't know if it's because anime is getting old or i'm getting old and that's why it's not as interesting.

>>2377755
based on these statistics, i'd agree with you. some other takeaways are DCU is strong (wonderwoman hype?), homestuck is still strong (but marred by tentadicks) and why is anyone still watching teen wolf.

http://destinationtoast.tumblr.com/post/157769665349/toastystats-fandoms-with-the-most-femslash-on-ao3

>>2377472
>mawkish

i learned a new word today!

if you're going to stop writing, i would at least leave some kind of note to give people closure. that's just my thoughts.
>>
>>2377756
I thought it was a video game
>>
Why is there always that one decent long fic that takes ages to update (or never updates again)? Why is life so cruel?
>>
>>2378550
Never rely on other people anon.

Write your own story. Keep it a short. Maybe a three partner and 4-5k a chapter. Don't try to lead your readers onto some 100k word journey that you yourself probably wont even finish
>>
>>2378559
But I can't stand my own stories, when I try to write I start to cringe, delete everything and give up
>>
>>2378550
Good/decent writing takes time. What's the offending fic?
>>
>>2378561
>cringe

So remove the cringe. Unless it's live action stuff, then that shit's cringe on their own anyway since 99% of the actresses portryaing the characters you're writing about aren't cute enough to pull off the usual fanfic cliches without looking cringe without looking cringe in the situation
>>
I never imagined that finishing a long fic after years of off and on writing it would feel so sad. Reading the fic from the beginning is jarring because my writing style had changed a lot over the years too. It feels like a final goodbye to the characters. It feels like the final end for a dead ship. It's been so many years since the story started that very little people care about the fandom or the ship anymore, but I feel like I owe it to the characters to see it to the end.

And now that the long fic is over, I don't feel any sense of relief, just melancholy. Is this normal?

>>2378472
Yeah in the end I ended it by saying my normal sendoff line about seeing people again in the next story. I guess I can't say with absolute certainty that I won't write again.
>>
>>2378687
What ship, out of curiosity? My favourite ship was doa, so I can empathise somewhat.
>>
>>2378706
Yukari/IA from Vocaloid.
>>
>>2378549
You're thinking of Xenogears
>>
>>2378687
Start writing a sequel immediately to cure the sad feels.
>>
>>2378687
When I finish a fic, I feel the same sense of relief as when the turd hits the bowl.
>>
I used to write loads of touhou yuri, and after a few years of writing original fiction I was thinking of getting back into fanfic writing for fun. Do people still care about touhou? Are there any fandoms people really hanker for but are kinda sparse?
>>
>>2378793
>Are there any fandoms people really hanker for but are kinda sparse?
Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches to start off with. Hell, a lot of anime fandoms are starved of yuri but flooded with futa and omegaverse trash. Just go ahead and write. Someone out there will love you for it, even if they never tell you.
>>
Any good Tekken fanfic to recommend?
>>
>>2378794
I hate to ask this, but what on earth does omegaverse mean?
>>
>>2378812
I envy you.
>>
>>2378812
Search for Blackrising on AO3 and you'll get your answer.
>>
>>2378561
Most people don't start out as good writers. you have to practice to get better.

writers will be unhappy with work you think is great. it's always something that can get better, but you improve through actually writing and learning from the good and the bad.
>>
File: 1214539665831.jpg (347KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1214539665831.jpg
347KB, 600x550px
>>2378793
I first got into touhou with EoSD and by the time I got to PCB I was hooked. I devoured doujins and music furiously. I would download everything even remotely interesting from reitaisai and comiket, especially music. I netplayed one of the fighting games. I even bought a figurine. Then after SA came out I slowly lost interest. Maybe it was because I stopped playing video games altogether around that time, but I stopped collecting doujins and fan art, and I don't even listen to the music any more. I don't even know or care who the new characters are. Maybe I just don't have the mental stamina to stick with a franchise for very long. And it's weird, but I don't even look back at touhou with rose-tinted goggles or pine over it like a lost lover. If anything, touhou now holds the same amount of interest for me as watching an autopsy.

I might read Yuyuko x Yukari, though.
>>
>>2378794
>Girls und Panzer and Strike Witches
That is, fics of these franchises that don't have male OCs.
>>
>>2379018
I honestly try to not have many autistic fits but few things annoy me more than male OCs in a female-only series. And of course they always
a) have some hidden power that only they possess that can save the world
b) if the females in the world have a power that only they possess, suddenly the male OC can do it do
c) has a mysterious past that he doesn't like to talk about and the scars to prove it
d) has spiky hair and/or wears all-black clothing
e) all females immediately bow down to his combat ability, leadership skills and cock
I just don't get it. Maybe it's just because I'm a yuri fan, but it seems, to me, to be the epitome of laziness to put an edgelord self-insert instead of working with the characters that already have dynamics in place.
>Hey this Picasso looks pretty good, but do you know what would make it better? Dual wielding. And cocks.
It just annoys the hell out of me.
>>
>>2378793
Oh yes, write Yukari x Reimu or Marisa x Patchouli and I will worship the ground you walk on.

>>2378794
These two and Symphogear fandom (with exception of Tsubasa x Maria fics)
>>
>>2376348
>WdwTrcr

for what purpose.

this bothers me enough to not want to help you, but look up "fly on the wall" and "london calling".
>>
>>2379030
It's been a staple of fanfiction since its inception, unfortunately. It's gotten even worse now that shit like that passes as OC, gets turned into LNs and shoved down the seasonal anime charts by the dozen and there's no end in sight.
>>
>>2379030
It's the same reason /u/ watches CGDCT shows and ships characters. Laziness indeed.
>>
>>2379030
sounds like a lot of anime, really.
>>
>>2379272
I think that's exactly why shitty male OCs have become more common. Ten years ago I remember shitty female self-inserts being a real nuisance, but now it's Gary Stus that abound. It could be that it's just my experience though.
>>
>>2377762
I have the rough concept of a major Symphogear story, featuring can only be described as 'serious Fine', a new breed of Supergears and some Hibiki/Miku angst. Though I'm waiting for this season to end before I do any more than draft out all these myriad ideas.
>>
>>2379030
>male OCs in a female-only series
I used to be a fan of MLP fanfics. For some reason, there's a giant subgroup of fics about a male human traveling to Equestria. Even the ones that aren't about sex, it's always a guy, never a girl. Freaked me out a little bit.
>>
>>2379030
The worst part about it is that, at least for FFnet, a bunch of motherfuckers don't even tag the OC. Some even when they still got room for character tags or tag a different character who really isn't as important as a main character OC.

Happens an awful lot when one is trying to find barrisoka fanfics...
>>
>>2379030
Try live action. I have never seen a male OC in a live action fanfic
>>
>>2380482
>Barrisoka
Got any particularly good ones to link? I've been interested in the pairing but never bothered with wading through all the trash to find the good stuff.
>>
>>2381029
The thing with Barrisoka fics is that a good chunk of them end up following a similar plotline of "Ahsoka busts Barriss out of prison and they got on rebellious adventures" that requires you to have finished TCW and at least most of Rebels. With the Ahsoka novel being optional for if you want to contrast how the fic author did things to what is canon. Anyways, onto recs:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6688336/chapters/15297046

This one is my current favorite, is ongoing, and updates fairly regularly. Though it is getting rather long and is something of a slow burn, it makes up for it with a great plot and great humor.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11088480/chapters/24735729

Another much shorter ongoing fic with a similar premise. However this one doesn't seem like it's going to take a while to get to the relationship getting off the ground.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5190875/chapters/11960684

Sith AU fic, quite a bit of fun if you're into that sort of thing. Kinda a bit of a guilty pleasure. Also they're already fucking at the start of the fic.
>>
>>2378812

Originally, it was Alpha/Beta/Omega as in wolves, but a psycological thing. Then people started going "Alphas must have dicks!" so it became a thing with a lot of futa in it, sadly. Basically a shit ton of intersex possessive relationship drama pretending to be yuri or het or whatever.
>>
>>2381396
>Alpha/Beta/Omega as in wolves
I don't think wolves work that way.
>>
>>2381414
They don't, it's an outdated theory.

However it just happens to translate into a sex thing that some people rather like.
>>
>>2381396
Sounds like boring shit even without the dicks.
>>
>>2381414
Wolves don't work that way, but most people don't know that (or think the truth is boring and ignore it)

>>2381443
Of course it sucks, it was invented by fujoshis
>>
so omegaverse is just another term for futa then?
>>
>>2381479
No. Omegaverse is (usually)futa + pseudo wolf hierarchy
>>
>>2381479
Not exclusively, just mostly. Pure F/F can be made from it and has been on rare occasion.
>>
>>2381479
Not always, but yeah it's something to avoid for the most part. There's I think a very rare few that are all female but then you got ABO shite to deal with.
>>
>>2381482
This is by far one of the weirdest fucking things I have ever heard. How the hell did this get popular, or widespread? Fanfiction subculture is bizarre beyond my comprehension.
>>
>>2381493
blame the supernatural community's fujos.
>>
>>2381495
Supernatural as in the TV show, or as in supernatural things in general?
>>
>>2381498
The TV show.
>>
>>2381498
Yes.
>>
>>2381498
Former.
>>2381493
The real thing to remember is that you're possibly dealing with a subset of a subset. If you consider slash/femslash subcultures of fan culture.
>>
>>2381493
Dig too deep, and you'll get to dark places.
>>
>>2381493
I think it started on a livejournal Kink Meme, and somehow took off in a major way
>>
>>2381396
I get what an alpha and a beta is, but what is an omega?
>>
>>2381511
The lowest of the low. Greek alphabet, similar to A (alpha) and Z (omega) of the English one.
>>
>>2381511
I somehow know a lot about Omegaverse stuff so.

Alpha - the dominant. Sometimes has a dick. Can impregnate omegas. Depending on fic, can go into heat, but this is rare in my experience.

Beta - normal people. Sometimes not present at all.

Omega - depending on the fic, omegas are either low in the hierarchy, or rare and prized. Can be impregnated. Goes into heat. Many fanfics have systems where omegas take pills to suppress the heat but inevitably the main omega in the pairing forgets to take their pill and drives alphas nuts.
>>
>>2381523
So how does mpreg work? Is there a special gland that functions like a womb, or does the fetus grow in the stomach or something? Or does no one care about the details and it just sort of happens magically?
>>
>>2381554
>how does mpreg work
It works in >>>/d/
>>
of course, /u/ is the place to come for technical explanations of mpreg in fanfic
>>
>>2381554
>does no one care about the details and it just sort of happens magically?
Considering the amount of stuff that needs to happen for a pregnancy to take place and how the vast majority of those processes are impossible for a male, I dare say 'a wizard did it' indeed.

>>2381560
Are there any fics that feature lesbian pregnancies? IPS and stuff. The one I remember off the top of my head is the Kobayashi's Dragon Maid one where Tohru laid an egg containing her and Kobayashi's daughter. It's an eggscellent fic, but I haven't seen any updates and since it's an egg, I don't think it counts and can be eggscluded.
>>
>>2381579
>Are there any fics that feature lesbian pregnancies?
Depending on how much you wanna delve into western stuff, KiGo and some HP fics do it occasionally. KiGo, its very tried and true since it's an old idea in their fanfics, uses science. HP, obviously uses magic, but sometimes it can get a little like a cop out instead of doing something useful with magic. I.e. X grows/magicks a rooster to impregnate Y

Depends on how specific they want to get, I guess. Usually, when not a cop out, it involves soul mate magic or like something with Fleur's species being able to impregnate somehow with magic help.
>>
>>2379039
To provoke replies, hopefully on topic.

London Calling has a cool title. I would have opted for Paris Burning myself.
>>
>>2381579
Link for the Kobayashi manga?
>>
>>2381750
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12473304/1/
>>
>>2381796
Oh. Only 2 chapters? And it last updated more than a month ago? I hate to burst your egg, but it probably won't update anymore.
>>
>>2381798
You've scrambled my hopes. I was trying to look on the sunny side of things, too.
>>
After looking at it after a couple of months, I think my Big Hero 6 story isn't my best work. The dialogue is too repetitive.
>>
>>2381798
The writer posts on Maid dragon /u/ threads, so if you make a thread asking for it, the writer might reply.
>>
Can I get something violent please? Maybe some rivals? Hatesex with a core of honest affection? I don't care what fandom; I'm sick of reading "enemies" who immediately start fucking each other when one of them gives up in the first chapter.

I'm looking at you, Clarke/Lexa.
>>
>>2382559
Best bet might be to looking into domination erotica
>>
>>2377208

Links? Slow burn is my weakness.
>>
>>2382172
Link it and I'll give you some feedback.
>>
>>2381672
>To provoke replies, hopefully on topic.

i respect that it worked out for you, even if only because i like WT more than the acronym bugged me.

like having a stubborn eyelash that wont get the fuck out of your eye.
>>
>>2382896
I already linked one of them >>2381353 as the first example. The other is this Familiar of Zero fic that is a crossover with Overlord (the not!pikmin game, not the shitty animu)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4193346/chapters/9471504

which updates on sufficient velocity first, but the link is currently up to date. Though I will warn that for the FoZ fic, there is something of a love triangle with the main character being bi, but as it stands it seems that there is fairly great chance that /u/ is going to win.
>>
>>2382975
It's been a while since I caught up on Overlady. It's pretty likely to go /u/ from what I read I feel, though mostly because it feels like the guy is a non-character who only gets brought out for jokes and gets barely any scenes...which is also annoying on its own, that he's still being treated like an LI despite that.
>>
>>2382983
I actually kinda like him despite my usual hate for potential rivals for my favorite ships. I wouldn't mind him ending up as just friends with Louise if such a relationship is possible between the two after Louise drops him for Henrietta.
>>
>>2382902
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11029275
>>
>>2382616
That's the same thing as the norm, only with a different bent. One obvious romantic lead, the other a follower.

I want something like oldschool KiGo, where it's a back and forth kind of thing. Why hasn't anything come close to the old Kim Possible fics in quality?
>>
Whatever happened to that Neptune author Blade of Justice?
>>
>>2373028

There was a Frozen fic I was kicking around a year or two ago about Arendelle becoming embroiled in a major crisis in the 1870s that threatens to kick off an early world war

Alternate history abounds thanks to magic, which is explained as having "returned to the world" sometime in the late 1850s - India became independent in 1858, the Confederates win the Civil War, etc. The existence of Arendelle, Southern Isles, and Weselton all get handwaved.

Largely abandoned it due to all the research it would require, my inability to think of how to develop a plot (I had a start and I had an end, but I had almost no idea how to really link them), etc.
>>
>>2383299
Those althists don't sound like they would really affect Arendelle to be honest. Maybe only the CS winning the Civil War, and only because of the timeline ripple it would cause, which would end WWI with the Germans as the victors, and that's only if Arendelle is close to Germany geographically.
>>
>>2383333

It's more the butterflies of Arendelle and the other fictional nations existing that I was worried about

I was going to handwave Arendelle as a tiny Catholic enclave that broke away from Norway during the Reformation, Weselton as a one of the many German states that managed to avoid incorporation into the German Empire, etc.

The events of Frozen were to be explained away as being part of the "Return of Magic"

Arendelle was to be entering an alliance with the CSA, British Empire, Germany, and Austria-Hungary in response to Weselton (which the Duke was to have taken control of in a military coup) entering an alliance with the US, French, and Russian Empires

Elsa was one of a number of powerful beings known as "Elementals" - people who have great control over one specific "element" - (earth, wind, fire, water, ice, electricity, etc.) These elementals are essentially considered WMDs, and every major military power has at least one. The reason the CSA won the Civil War was because they got their hands on a (male) fire elemental in 1863, which results in Chancellorsville becoming an even bigger Confederate victory (they are spared much of the losses they suffered OTL including Jackson and utterly crush the Union army assembled to defeat them), which then results in a successful Confederate invasion of Pennsylvania; the utter defeat of the Union forces at the hands of the Confederate Elemental was to lead to Lincoln loosing in 1864 to an anti-war candidate, negotiating the end of the Civil War, granting independence to the CSA

Steampunk magitech was to abound; aside from the inevitable airships, there were also dragons that were used in roles analogous to tanks and fighter-bombers. Electricity is widespread thanks to advancements caused by studies on the Union's electric elemental. The Arendelle armed forces were to include armies of Marshmallow-style "Snowlems", and Elsa's powers were to have resulted in the creation of a sort of magic refrigerator
>>
>>2383567

Elsa was to be full of repressed incestuous homolust for her sister, and full of conflicting feelings for Kristoff (on one hand, he's a great guy who makes Anna happy; on the other hand, he's the biggest roadblock to a romantic relationship between Elsa and Anna)

The main villains were to be a loose-knit group of various oppressed minorities and political groups; a "Coalition of the Downtrodden", including blacks, Indians (both kinds), communists, anarchists, a couple magical creatures, etc. Their main goal was, through assassinations and false flag attacks, to suck the great powers into a world war that would "destroy the imperialist world order" and hopefully create a peaceful utopia of some sort. Of course, each group represented in the Coalition has a very different idea of what that utopia will be, but for now they have agreed to fight each other later. They were to be portrayed with varying degrees of sympathy, but are utterly ruthless in attempting to achieve their goals, slaughtering hundreds of innocents along the way.

Again, it fell apart due to my lack of will to do all the research, figure out a cohesive plot, and write a story that long (I was expecting it to take twenty or more chapters, though looking back it might be done with less).
>>
>>2383031
I have to agree with you about the dialogue. It's strictly utilitarian and doesn't really show much character. The prose in general is a bit too utilitarian in how it rapidly moves the story forwards but lacks a narrative voice. Still, you could fix it with a simple rewrite. There are no structural issues that would require major changes.
>>
>new good symphogear fanfics
>>
>>2383780
Then go write one.
> good
Oh, sorry.
>>
>>2383780
Why is everything Tsubasa/Maria. I literally would be more interesting in any other pairing, even non-canon ones.

Also why are all the DMJii Fics Futa
>>
>>2384411
>spoiler

Other pairings also suffer with this shit.
>>
>>2384411
The series does kinda lend itself to easy hand waves for such content.thanks to the relics. So blame that.
>>
>>2384781
Doesn't that apply to most series with magic stuff? Still it does take serious shit taste do interpret relics that way
>>
>>2384787
Not necessarily. More often than not, magic has rules and those rules don't always allow for such interpretations. Symphogear happens to be one that does allow for it and the /d/eviant population between here and /m/ is likely the largest influence on the prevalence of western fanworks for futageahs.

Furthermore it's not merely magical settings that can cause this. More modernish (or once modern) settings with sufficient super science levels or general superhero shenanigans can also easily justify futa (see stuff like Kim Possible). Also science fiction settings, particularly those with aliens without specific statements against such things can also lead to such content (I've seen it with star wars and mass effect, though ME is less justified I think)

The bright side is that all those things also perfectly justify pure, /u/-approved, science/magic babies. Hell /u/ even has the leg up over /d/ as it is much more believable able to take advantage of the "20 minutes into the future" excuse to justify the current science aimed for f/f pregnancies to be fully realized, and Symphogear is such a setting.

Also shit taste is relative. Futa is obviously not /u/ approved and is a bit oversaturated and popular, but it's by no means in the same lowest tiers of shitty fetishes like diapers.
>>
>>2384792
Do people in /u/ explain in detail how yuri babies happen or is it just "it happened in lab or because science can do it" and that's it?
>>
>>2384794
Depends on the fic, how willing the author is to actually do the reasearch, and if they believe that the reader needs an explanation. The conservation of detail is an important rule to follow.
>>
>>2383780
Well, I have a very detailed idea for one, but I'm not sure I can pull it off. Also there's far too many ways I think people would get pissed off by a few of the ideas I have for it, mainly based around the villain. And given how the threats have been ramped up, I'm afraid it would be a step down from what's going on at the moment.
>>
>>2384798
Who is the villain?
>>
>>2384792
>shitty fetishes like diapers.
CARLOS
>>
>>2384804
It's a he, for a start. Edward Barham, heir to the Lordship of Dunningham and a distant descendant of one of the Knights of the Round Table, a polymath and genius who lost his parents to a Noise attack while visiting Japan for a Tsubasa concert that his younger sister Audrey wanted to attend as she is a fanatical fan of Tsubasa’s music.

By stealing both the research of Ryoko and Dr Ver and combining them with a few ideas of his own, he created the ‘Supergear’ a Gear that has not one relic, but four or more integrated into it. His younger sister controls the prototype Supergear, which thanks to a Frontier-like barrier system is powerful enough that it can tank three or more gears at once. She is devoted to her brother enough that she’d even fight the SONG Gears to help him.

He’s trying to create more Supergears, but needs to take the relics that the Song Gear Wielders use in order to incorporate those into the new Supergears. The Supergears exist because he doesn’t trust SONG to do the right thing because they are too bound to the Japanese Government and thus influenced by national interests, and that when the storm breaks and the Custodians arrive something more powerful than just a Gear will be needed.

He himself fights with a suit of powered armour that is inferior to a Gear but can fight one on one with a Gear for short periods, and is armed with his family’s relic weapon, the sword Calesvol. One arc idea was the duals between him and Tsubasa as two sword-wielders, one eastern and the other western, plus he blames her in part for the death of his parents to the Noise.

The issue as always is having a male villain in a series like this, trying not to overshadow the heroines or diminish them in any way. Also the fear many would have here of a male character in a female-centred series and trying to strike a balance there.

(cont)
>>
>>2384841

There is also a major plot element in Elf making a new SSJ in order to break through the supergear’s barrier, but it needs a wielder and the only suitable candidate is Miku. Hibiki tries to pretend everything is going fine and keep Miku away, but eventually Miku finds out and volunteers, which leads to Hibiki getting extremely concerned and overprotective on the battlefield and their normal life getting awkward and distant as Hibiki can't talk about what she's really feeling, which is being scared that Miku will get hurt and it'll be her fault.

Also Tsubasa for the first time finds that she's met her match as a sword wielder and also begins questioning herself when Edward gets under her skin, and Maria has to encourage her and lift her flagging spirits and actually step up and be an equal partner.

I feel kind of foolish for writing all this but might as well.
>>
>>2384780
Oh I'm aware. DMJii are just my favorite of the main pairings so I wish there was more non-futa for them specifically. As I said though, I'd honestly love fics for any pairing that isn't Tsubasa/Maria
>>
Anyone here a fan of crossover ships?
>>
>>2386765
I've never really seen much in the way of them as I don't read crossovers all that often, much less ones that pair persons across the two settings.

Do you have recommendations or something?
>>
>>2386765
There's a Yuuki Yuuna/One Direction (yes, the band) crossover fic on ao3. I honestly don't know how people come up with these things.
>>
>>2386765
I avoid crossovers like the plague.
>>
>>2386896
Why?
>>
>>2386765
Generally crossovers are cancer of the highest order. Crossovers only work in my eyes when its taking elements of both settings rather than X meets Y and then they fucked. That said, crossover ships are retarded.
>>
>>2386962

Crossovers usually suck because they have to have some contrived means of having the characters get together, often involving unbelievable dimensional fuckery

Some crossovers can be good, but they usually have to have a plausible means for the crossover to happen. Usually tics that can justify the two existing in the same universe work better than "oh no a dimension flung us through time and space" crap

Crossover ships will almost always be cancer and there's not much you can do about it
>>
>>2387048
>oh no a dimension flung us through time and space
Isekai sucks, no if or buts about it.
>>
>>2386765
I cannot stand crossovers. But some crossover-AU (? dunno how to call it) can be interesting. A retarded example, but things like: you take the characters from sailor moon, but the setting is the Harry Potter universe. There won't be any HP characters, just the SM girls acting like they've always lived there and going to witch school and shit. There was a Nanoha fic like that, but it was more extreme: it was a long fic, some sort of rewrite of HP and it had crossovers (characters from other anime besides Nanoha).
>>
>>2387048
Some crossovers work out by means of not being super inherently conflicting.

Like I've been sitting on an idea for a Gabriel Dropout / Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid crossover, but I'm not seeing how a crossover ship could happen there.
>>
>>2383582

I also had an idea for a series of three Strike Witches fics, with Shirley/Lucchini and (to a lesser degree) Eila/Sanya. Two were straight romantic fics, one was a parody of bad Strike Witches fanfic cliches.

> A Study In Female Sexsomnia

A straight-up, smutty Shirley x Lucchini fic. Shirley finds herself falling deeply in love with and lusting after her younger companion, Lucchini. Despite her swaggering and carefree personality, she is revealed as being actually quite inexperienced in romantic matters, and her growing feelings for Lucchini confuse and worry her. Despite receiving regular counseling on the matter by her close friends Elia and Sanya (who by this point have been in a committed relationship for several months; they are hardly seasoned, but use their limited experience gleaned from their relationship to help Shirley out as much as they can) Shirley cannot bring herself to confess her feelings to Lucchini, fearing that due to the age gap between the two Lucchini views her as more of a mother figure, and confessing might ruin their friendship. Shirley stumbles through every day, falling deeper and deeper into a state of self-loathing and anxiety over her feelings for Lucchini and her inability to deal with them

This, of course, changes one night. After a particularly hairy CAP nearly sees the two shot down, Lucchini insists on sleeping with Shirley, citing a fear of nightmares. With some trepidation, Shirley accepts. That night, she to control herself as she lies so close to the sleeping form of the one she loves, both girls clad in only their lingerie. Despite everything, Shirley manages to fall into a troubled sleep...only to be awakened shortly thereafter by Lucchini's soft moans. Shirley opens her eyes to find Lucchini, her young, beautiful best friend, masturbating in her sleep. Even better, she's moaning Shirley's name as she does it.
>>
>>2387086

From there, the plot should be pretty predictable. Shirley, unable to resist, fondles Lucchini, rationalizing her actions as "helping" Lucchini through her condition. Lucchini, of course, awakens. After much embarrassment and spaghetti-spilling, Shirley and Lucchini realize their mutual love for one another and make sweet, passionate love until dawn.

Some things I considered:
> Shirley is a bit of a lolicon; she has a thing for flat chests, and the age gap between her and Lucchini turns her on just a little bit. This is meant in part to compliment Lucchini's love of big breasts.
> Lucchini is somewhat self-conscious about her small breasts; learning that Shirley is attracted by improves Lucchini's self-image
> Shirley thinks Lucchini looks cuter with her hair down; by the end of the story, Lucchini has begun wearing her hair down because she knows Shirley likes it like that
>>
>>2387088

> Meet The Yeagers (Working Title)

Another Shirley/Lucchini fic. This one would take place slightly in the future of the SWverse, shortly after the end of the Neuroi War. By this point, Shirley and Lucchini have been in a committed relationship for several years. The two travel to meet Shirley's parents, a pair of farmers living in alt-West Virginia (a brief note: Chuck Yeager was raised by farming parents in Hamlin, WV). The meeting goes well, but Lucchini notes that Shirley is acting somewhat strange and that her parents keep referring to them as "friends". It soon becomes clear that Shirley has not told her parents the particulars of her relationship with Lucchini, and continues to hide the fact that they are romantically involved. Lucchini is deeply offended, and confronts Shirley in private after the Yeagers retire for the night. Shirley reveals that she fears how her parents will react to the fact that she is a lesbian, noting their apparent hostilie attitudes to homosexuality in the past. At Lucchini's urging, Shirley decides to come out to her parents. From there, I'm not sure how to go. Two options:
> have the Yeagers quickly and suprisingly accept with open arms the fact that their daughter is a lesbian
> have the Yeagers initially be hostile to the relationship between Shirley and Lucchini, before eventually coming to accept it

I'll write out the outline of the third one sometime tomorrow. As stated before, the third one is meant to be a parody of some of the worst cliches seemingly specific to Strike Witches fanfiction, as well as some more general staples of bad fanfiction
>>
>>2386896
>>2386962
>>2387048
>>2387061
>Heterofags and yaoifags are okay with crossovers.
>The yuri community for some reason thinks it's too good for it.

I am very confused right now.
>>
>>2387096
>I can't read
>I think 4 anons are the entire community
Gotta remember where you are. Xover's a mixed bag
>>
>>2387086
>>2387088
>>2387093
I'd like to read the first two, it's nice to see a Shirley/Lucchini fan. The third one sounds like it'd be tiresome to read, to be honest. I'd rather not read about bad cliches in fanfics, even in a parody story.

Also,
> have the Yeagers initially be hostile to the relationship between Shirley and Lucchini, before eventually coming to accept it
That's the better option, I think. It allows for some conflict and character development, while the other one comes off as an unrealistic fluff piece (especially considering the time period).
>>
>>2387096
>People don't like a thing that is almost universally contrived shit, even by the standards of fanfiction
Yeah, it's a real head scratcher.
>>
>>2386765
Only this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw
>>
>>2387096
Hetfags and fujoshi have shit taste, news at 11
>>
>>2387096
So you like Elsa/Jack huh? Cause you like crossovers.
>>
>>2387267
>>2387299
These standards are why we are slow on content. Just make the yuri, we don't need the notion of "proper" yuri.
>>
>>2387301
That's just being purposefully obtuse. You could've at least said Elsa/Periwinkle
>>
>>2387096
Crossovers are pure cancer.
>>
>>2387348
You know the argument your making is like, not the one being talked about.
>>
>>2387549
Perhaps. The thing is though, that crossovers are (from what I've seen at least) 95% het, so it's very very unlikely that a F/F crossover happens, hence my Elsa/Jack jibe about how /u/ is 'too good' for crossovers.

Because there are almost none /u/ ones and the ones that are there are shit.
>>
>>2387654
It's hard enough to get yuri fanfics even without crossovers. Even series with all-female casts get infested with male self-insert MCs dicking everything up.
>>
>>2383587
Did the characters at least sound like how they should sound?
>>
>>2387129
I second this post. Parody works all too surely become the thing they mock.

Same with the story choice for the second fic, even if I feel a post-Neuroi War society should be more accepting of homosexuality, as the vast majority of the heroines of that war were lesbians.

As for the first fic, I was going to suggest you find a way to up the smut but I don't know how myself. Dream sequences? Maybe both are doing their own separate, independent research in secret from each other by asking other Witch couples?
>>
>hundreds of femshep/liara fics, femshep/kelly fics, and femshep/taylor fics

>77 femshep/tali fics on AO3
>>
>>2387791
Had a save import bug that happened between 1 and 2 that let me romance Tali as femshep all the way through 3. Best game bug ever, shame so few people know the joy. The pronoun usage was odd at times I guess.
>>
>tfw one of your favorite ships is starting to regularly end up as the side ship to a m/m pairing that doesn't make all that much sense

Fucking fujos.
>>
>>2387807
How does that even happen?
>>
>>2386765
I like crossovers, but I find it weird to ship two characters who have never met before.
>>
>>2387838
You get something like Sauske/Naruto, but they don't want the story to be too gay, so they add lesbians too, but the lesbians are just side characters, so it's still really gay.
>>
>>2387855
That's a part of the adventure. You write a way for them to fall in love.
>>
>>2387858
>you write about two guys falling in love
>don't want it to appear too gay
>then you add lesbians
What is that thought process? Are their brains rotten or something?
>>
>>2387863
>rotten
What do you think 'fujoshi' means?
>>
Oh man! I sure loves stories where nothing romantic happens between the two characters for 50+ chapters!
>>
>>2387865
What would be a better balance?
>>
>>2387838
What >>2387858
posted was retarded. What happens is that the /u/ couple gets recruited as side characters and they are put into a relationship. This sort of thing happens a lot for series where there are sets of ships whose shippers are allied due to how they support one another.

An example would be for Kim Possible. Those who like to ship KiGo often ship Ron x Yori or some other Ron-based pairing as it helps get him out of the way.
>>
>>2381579
Good news on the dragon maid fic. It's shown up on Ao3 and has an update and the ffnet version is also updated.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11599206/chapters/26072271
>>
Talking about it, what happened to that Nanoha fanfic? The one which had a HP setting, but Nanoha was the chosen one, Stern was like Voldemort, Hayate was Ron and there were a bunch of characters from other anime in minor roles? I can't find it anywhere
>>
To those of you that write both yuri and non-yuri stuff, do you post them all under the same portfolio or do you have separate usernames for posting your yuri and non-yuri works? I know some anons here have said that they won't read anything from an author that has previously posted het works. I can understand not wanting to be ambushed by a surprise dick, but I also think it's kind of weird and shortsighted to condemn an author for writing in genres that you dislike. Plus, maintaining two separate usernames seems like a pain.
>>
>>2388207
If I ever get around to writing anything, I will post het and yuri content on the same account. Aside from those who absolutely refuse to read any yuri written by someone who writes completely unrelated het fics as well, I can only see one problem: there is one het ship that I ship that I feel yuri fans (especially in that particular fandom) might object to.

>>2387129
>>2387748

Thank the both of you very much for your feedback! I'll certainly follow your advice in regards to Meet the Yeagers. My one problem is that I don't know how long it should take for Shirley and her parents to reconcile. Days? Months? Years?

> Dream sequences
That might be a good way to make it smuttier. Perhaps I could introduce Lucchini's sexsomnia, as well as her own feelings for Shirley, in that way; she dreams of making love to Shirley early in the story, only for her to wake and find she was pleasuring herself in her sleep.

> asking other witch couples

I already have that to some degree with Shirley seeking advice from Elia and Sanya. I guess Lucchini might benefit from having someone to ask as well. Maybe Yoshika and Lynne. It'd have to be seperate couples, because it just seems assholish to know that two people like each other and keep them seperate (unless, of course, they play matchmaker).

I would still like to hear your feedback on the parody story once I've posted the full outline, even though I know you're already not too hot on that idea. Maybe I'll change your minds, or maybe you'll convince me to quit while I'm ahead.

I should get that outline completed tonight. I know I said I'd write it yesterday, but I got sidetracked.
>>
>>2388207
I have like 8 different accounts for multiple fandoms because I hate getting tracked down, some are exclusively f/f or m/m and others are whatever
>>
>>2388254
>My one problem is that I don't know how long it should take for Shirley and her parents to reconcile
I'd say days. Maybe they frequently write, and are written by, other parents of witches. I think it happens IRL between parents and wives of military personnel.
There are all kinds of stories there: some were supporting of their daughters' sexuality. She basically just helped save the world. What does it matter if she's gay?
Some weren't. Not all stories have happy endings.

>Lucchini's sexsomnia
I like this idea. Maybe she sleepwalks into a random witch's bed, sexes her thinking she's Shirley, leaves, then wakes up elsewhere with no memory of it happening.
The other witches think that's just how Lucchini is or that it's her way of coping with shellshock. Either way, not wanting Lucchini to get Section 8'd they don't make a big deal out of it or even mention it to her, but they do wonder why she actively avoids Shirley's room when in that state...

>the parody story
I for one am up for reading what is it about.
>>
>>2388254
I would prefer days too. The way I see it, Shirley's parents wouldn't be openly hostile to Lucchini after finding out she's dating her daughter. She'd still be their guest, and they'd slowly come around to the idea after seeing how much they love each other (as corny as it is, I'm a sucker for that stuff).

I'm open to hearing about the parody story, even if I'm skeptical about liking it.
>>
>>2372081
For those fortunate enough to appreciate the wonderful world of Watamote manga, here is a recent fanfic:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12545400/1/Tomoko-and-the-Malicious-Pact
>>
>>2388100
Ah, I almost forgot about this. I just reread the whole thing and the update. Its so good!
>>
>>2388207
I have a both a newish Ao3 account and an FF account I've used for 8 years now. I started out writing het until about 2 years ago, when I switched to yuri, and sometime last year I opened up a yuri exclusive Ao3.

Nowadays I post my stories on both. The Ao3 account will continue to be a yuri-exclusive one, and the FF one will get both yuri and het (if I ever chose to write it again).
>>
>>2388324
>>2388391

Thank the both of you very much for your suggestions. It's really nice to actually get some honest feedback on this stuff.

I do apologize for taking so long, and for how rough it is (I wrote it as fast as I could). The story needs some serious polishing to actually work - I'm open to any suggestions.

> Not ANOTHER Male Witch Fic! (Working Title)

In a change of pace from the previous two, this one is told from Eila's perspective, though Shirley remains a main character. Eila/Sanya and Shirley/Lucchini remain the primary pairings, though the yuri takes a bit of a backseat in this one.

One day, the 501st Joint Fighter Wing takes delivery of a new recruit: a 19 year old "witch" who, suprisingly enough, is male. He's all kinds of awesome: he's handsome as hell, his magic powers include firing lasers from his hands and mind controlling Neuroi, he wears cool clothes (black boots, black pants, white t-shirt, and either a US leather flight jacket or an Orussian greatcoat, depending on his mood), and he carries a M2 Browning as his weapon. He's extremely proficient in combat. Even his name (which I haven't come up with yet; for now, let's just call him Warlock) is awesome.

Of course, he's instantly loved and praised by all of the witches, except for two; Eila and Shirley. From the very minute the two witches meet Warlock, they are suspicious, noting that there has never any known instances of a witch being male. Their suspicions are further aroused when they note that all witches in the 501st, except for themselves, seem drawn to Warlock like moths to a flame. Furthermore, many witches act quite out of character in their admiration for Warlock (for example, the stoic and reserved Mio and Barkhorn act like squealing schoolgirls around him). Most worryingly, they even note a change in themselves - they act strangely hostile towards their respective girlfriends, which only drives Sanya and Lucchini closer to Warlock.
>>
Anyone want to give me some not-NSFW fic prompts for Azusa and Yui? Hardmode: nothing to do with graduation.
>>
>>2388963

Eila and Shirley meet in private to discuss the situation, deciding that Warlock is probably using his mind control abilities to influence the behavior of the witches. Noting inconsistencies in his backstory, they decide to do some sleuthing, and realize that there are no records of Warlock prior to his joining the 501st. They attempt to report their findings to Minna, but are brushed off (Minna being under Warlock's influence as well). They continue their investigation, eventually attracting the attention of a secret US government agency. Confronting the girls, the agents reveal that Warlock is a shapeshifting interdimensional entity set loose by Allied superweapon experiments. The agents are attempting to capture Warlock, but fear that any attempt to capture him would lead to a massive loss of life, including those of valuable witches. They advise the girls to remain in place and wait; the agents will deal with Warlock once "an opening presents itself".

The two girls return and attempt to keep quiet, overwhelmed by the knowledge that Warlock is actually a hellbeast from beyond. Unfortunately, Minna promptly orders them to fly night patrol with Warlock. Knowing something is up, Shirley and Eila are on guard as they patrol with Warlock. They are right to be; about halfway through the patrol, Warlock reveals that he knows that they know his true identity. He then tells the two of how he watched the Neuroi War unfold from his dimension, and how he became enthralled with the pretty little witches flitting about through the skies of Earth. Warlock reveals his plan to turn the 501st into his own personal harem, and admits that he isn't sure why Eila and Shirley are able to resist his influence, but it doesn't matter: he never really liked the two of them anyway. He summons a swarm of Neuroi to dispatch Eila and Shirley, while he races back to base to "comfort" their girlfriends after he tells the tale of how he heroically tried to save them but failed.
>>
>>2388965

Shirley's speed and Eila's foresight allow the two to hold out against the Neuroi onslaught, but as their ammunition runs low and fatigue takes it's toll, it appears that the two will be overwhelmed. They are saved only by the appearance of two P-61 Black Widows scrambled from a nearby airbase. The witches and the pilots work together to take down the last of the Neuroi. Eila and Shirley fly home, returning to find Warlock attempting to molest Sanya and Lucchini. Enraged, Eila shoots Warlock in the face, which frees the witches from his influence. Eila and Shirley lead the rest of the witches, as well as the base security personnel, in a battle against Warlock, who has reverted to his true form: a horrific, bloated mass with flailing tentacles. Warlock soon gains the upper hand and immobilizes the witches, preparing to kill them all with a blast of energy. Nothing happens, however, leading Warlock to realize that he is not in control of the situation. In a bit of a deus ex machina, a "higher entity" directly intervenes, and Warlock spontaneously combusts as a result. The government agents from earlier appear to clear away the mess, asking the witches to kindly never speak of this unpleasantness ever again. The witches gladly agree, and all retire for the night.

The next morning, the witches awake to find, to their horror, that a futuristic fleet of warships have suddenly appeared off the coast. They have become stuck in another Strike Witches fanfiction cliche: the Axis of Time ripoff.

Tl;dr: The joke is that the male witch OC is actually a horrific eldritch abomination that compels the witches to act horribly OOC for his own amusement.

...yeah, it needs a hell of a lot of work, doesn't it
>>
>>2388964
>Friendly guitar duo practice goes wrong because they both forgot pics. Each powers through not to dissapoint the othe. Or maybe it plays out as an impromptu technique teaching lesson on how to play without from one to the other.
>Something something both end up in pain so afterword they get some cold drinks to sooth aching fingers and share a moment.

Or wherever else it takes you.

Have not actually watched K-on if that was what you meant, but from a quick look around this could work. Sorry if not, just a quick idea.
>>
File: 1481887758922.png (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481887758922.png
282KB, 1000x1000px
>>2388964
>not-NSFW
That's just SFW.
>>
>>2388976
I'm too tired to think at the moment, but you're entirely right.

>>2388972
I might change it up a bit, but this could work.

I'm still open to suggestions, however.
>>
>>2388976
¬(¬P) ⇏ P, nonconstructivist scum.
>>
Overheat update never
>>
>>2388965
>>2388966
Sounds... problematic, but there's potential in there.

A suggestion would make the SI a complete Gary Stu. He can dictate terms he's in no position to make to people that outrank him, is disrespectful to the chain of command and not only does he not get in trouble for doing so, but comes off as endearing for it, stuff like that.
Another thing would be making only Eila the perspective character. Shirley can be resistant to the SI influence, but not immune, and she too would eventually fall to it.
Eila herself is completely immune because of the nature of her powers: she thinks she can see the future, but she's actually reading the script a couple lines ahead of everyone else. And since the SI is a metanarrative aberration, she knows everything about him, his very existance, is wrong.

The SI will naturally try to seduce Eila, but she will rebuke him every time. As in most other Mary Sue/Gary Stu stories, any force to oppose their every whim will inevitably be the villain, and Eila will unfortunately be no different. She will become ostracized by the rest of the 501st. Their scorn, particularly Sanya's, will of course hurt her but it's still something she has to do because nobody else can.

The SI will start doing crazier and over-the-top stuff to seduce her but every time she'll tell him to fuck off. He will grow more desperate.
Eila didn't know at the time, but she stumbled on the only way to kill a perfect Mary Sue/Gary Stu: make them fail. The SI will then do something that will make the other witches realize he went too far and he will out himself as the monster he is. Cue a leadstorm, with Eila and Sanya putting the coup de grace.
The SI's death resets the timeline. He never existed, and the witches wake up to a normal day.

So yeah. A suggestion.

>>2388966
>another Strike Witches fanfiction cliche: the Axis of Time ripoff.
Tell me more. Never heard of this.
>>
Anyone know any good Mikasa/Annie fanfic? Recently hooked onto that ship but can't decent ones

I've only read this http://archiveofourown.org/works/1861725/chapters/4006746 which is bloody damn good but unfortunately author hasn't updated in 3 years. Absolutely guttered
>>
Any good fics out there about vampires?
>>
>>2389114

Yeah, I realized when actually writing it down that there were a number of problems with it.

Your suggestion would make for a far better story, to be honest. In particular, your idea of Eila's future vision making her immune to the SI's influence is actually pretty original and clever, as is defeating the SI by making him fail.

You turned my shitty idea into something actually workable. You don't know how grateful I am.

> Tell me more. I've never heard of this.

Axis of Time is a series of novels written by Australian John Birmingham from 2004 to 2013. The series involves a multinational naval task force from 2021 being accidentally flung back in time to 1942, right before the Battle of Midway. Shenanigans ensue.

I've never actually read the series, and it's not exactly an original concept (the 1980 film The Final Countdown, the early 2000s manga Zipang, and more recently the Kirov novel series all have very similar premises).

Anyway, the "Axis of Time ripoff" thing is a term I use to describe a goodly number of Strike Witches fics that have very, very similar plots to those works I just described. A modern-day or near-future fleet of warships (or, in one particularly egregious example, the entire continental United States, led by a good and virtuous version of Frank Underwood from House of Cards) is suddenly flung into the Strike Witches universe, and you get the picture.

It's quite common, and they are seldom well written.
>>
>>2389117
That one broke my heart too.

How do you feel about AUs?
>>
>>2389417
I enjoy them. I'm not particularly fussy so long as it's well written. Got any to recommend?
>>
Well Overlady updated if anyone here other than that one other anon gives a fuck.Louise even tries to confess at the end of the chapter.
>>
>>2389511
Nice, I'll catch up on it tomorrow.
>>
>>2389511
Dotter, plz. Overlady is bae.

It's even half weea, so all the weebs that litter this thread should be into that big time. If they have any taste at all, that is.
>>
>>2389511
>>2389841
How frequent is the switch to the hero party and is the red head likely to get with that nerd girl?
>>
>>2390012
>How frequent is the switch to the hero party
Quite rare. And it's funny, so I don't mind

>is the red head likely to get with that nerd girl
No, she's very straight
>>
>>2389511
I certainly give a fuck. But I'll wait till it's finished.
>>
>>2389511
Is it Louise/Henrietta? Potentially that is.
>>
>>2390038
Potentially. Though the overall situation is much more complicated and really spoilery.
>>
>>2389511
Hmmm, guess I should catch up soon then. Well, maybe I'll wait until the end or at least an actual successful confession first. If Louise is even capable of the latter.
>>
>>2390046
How much more complicated? Like Louise/everyone? I don't mind slight spoilers, since it's almost 400k and it's not done.
>>
>>2390047
The story is getting really really good recently though. The /u/ aspect of the story isn't even half the reason I read it nowadays.
>>2390048
Louise is kinda dating someone right now but is much more interested in Henriette and Henriette's canon love interest isn't guaranteed to stay dead because of shit Henriette has been up to and she's still very much hung on him anyways.

Really just read the fic, even without the /u/ stuff that people here want out of it it's a really good fic.
>>
>>2390051
>even without the /u/ stuff that people here
That's a make or break thing depending on the person. You did forget about Louise's sister though.
>>
>>2390051
>Louise is kinda dating someone (seems to be some dude) right now
>Henriette is still very much hung on her canon (male) love interest
Yes, very /u/.
>>
>>2390052
I've gotten caught up in the excitement of the last update in which it's only Louise and her other sister being relevant. But that is also pretty spoilery and almost background to a degree.

Also I know that the /u/ content level can make or break things for people here, but I'm trying to make an argument that "this shit is really good even with the /u/ content being what it is currently".
>>2390053
I said it was complicated. Things are very much looking towards a /u/ resolution, but it's not going be swift or particularly pretty to get there. I really can't explain more without pretty much spoilering everything about everyone's relationships over huge swathes of the text.
>>
>/u/ fanfiction recommendation thread on a forum dedicatied to writing
>one of the first posst:
>'this fic is one of the hands down best writing in fanfiction you will ever encounter'
>read it
>it's just about adequate, not even good really
Reeee, get your stndards straight! This is the same forum where Overlady gets posted, for Frigga's sake.
>>
>>2390056
Well if it's gonna go that 1mil+ word Neptunia fic way then I probably won't read it either way. So if you got the time/desire to spoil stuff I won't say no to.

I'm only slightly curious. Much prefer to play Extella right now either way.

I'm guessing it loses it's 'parody' tag along the way with how much you say their relationships are 'complicated'.
>>
>>2390059
I haven't read the last 12 or something chapters but it's definitely complicated BECAUSE of those elements. A better descriptor than parody might really just be classic farcical comedy.
>>
>>2390059
It never really loses the parody tag and that is part of the reason for why things are so complicated but the other half can be put down to a combination of general scheming of everyone involved, various magical factors, Louise being super tsun and also really innocent despite being a force of Evil.

I can make a super post of spoilers up to the most recent chapter of everything related to relationships within the fic if you'd like. It'll take a while to get all my thoughts organized though.
>>
>>2390067
>super post
That would be fine with me. Whenever you get to it.

Who knows, it may make others want to read it for how the conversations go.
>>
>>2390067
>>2390068
Or instead of a super post, pastebin it.
>>
>>2390059
Another sister here.

Be advised: the parody aspect is more of a high-parody than low-parody. That is, the author establishes a tone of meta-parody that is consistent through-out the work. The subjects of parody are the readers' concepts and expectations both in fantasy literature and western culture as a whole. They manage this without ever ridiculing or looking down on the source material either. It's brilliant.

And I don't even know what Overlord nor Familiar of Zero is! And don't tell, I don't care.
>>
>>2390080
It stars the Queen of Tsunderes in one of her first Tsundere roles (which got her the title, don't know if it's a current one). An old harem anime/light novels that is extremely straight (as most harem things are) that at the time didn't have the /u/ bait that recent ones does.

Zero no Tsukaima that is. Overlord I think is a Dungeon Keeper-esque game.
>>
>>2390086
>Overlord I think is a Dungeon Keeper-esque game.
Pretty apt, it's also got some minion-management thing going on that's the focus with light rpg elements. The bosses tend to be like lethal puzzles since you have to use your minions to get them vulnerable or deal more damage.
>>
Sorry, fucked up the spoiler tags really bad.

>>2390051
>Louse is kinda dating someone right now
Is it Lee? I was kind of worried that her attraction to Henriette would be pushed aside after a while, since it was mentioned once that it was a product of being the Overlady and a meta joke. You get crushes on your sexy "evil" female companions due to villainous influence or whatever.

Whether that was just due to Louise's denial over her latent bisexuality or because her feelings for Henriette were merely part of the parody itself and will never come to fruition, I couldn't say. And if she's dating Lee now, I fear that it may be the latter case.

>Really just read the fic, even without the /u/ stuff that people here want out of it it's a really good fic.
Thing is, Overlady isn't the only good story out there. I could be reading something that's both good and yuri instead, or if we're talking non-/u/, there's a whole bunch of other fic out there that are equally brilliant if not better. If I'm going to be lifting Overlady out of my backlog (I kind of put an indefinite hold on reading it since the last 10 chapters or so), I'd appreciate having a more compelling reason to do so.
>>
>>2390086
>>2390090
The other thing about Overlord is the humor and writing, it's very cheeky about being evil and plays up being cartoony with the occasional underlying hint of seriousness.
>>
>>2390086
>>2390090
Overlord is more like Evil Pikmin imo.
>>2390091
It is him. However he's really getting pushed to the side and I meant it when I said "kinda dating". As much of Louise's recent actions have been about her clearly not liking him as much as Henriette, to the point of choosing to spend time with her rather than him and deciding that she wants to try for her before going further with him. Not that they've ever gotten closer than just touching with two layers of plate armor between them.
>>
>>2390086
Dotter, you had one job. To not to tell me about some dumb weeb shit no one cares about. And you just told me about some dumb weeb shit no one cares about. I am both dissapointed and disgusted.
>>2390091
I have more compelling stuff to do than to convince you to read a good story. Like, it's totally your loss and I am completely unfazed.
>>
>>2390093
Yeah evil pikmin is a better comparison for the gameplay
>>
>>2390093
>try to go for her before going further with him
That won't go badly when Henrietta rejects her if she's still going for her dead love interest/boyfriend (unless of course if it's like you said and they like to subvert tropes like that). It's been a while since I've watched it. Is Kaito/or whatever his name is in the fic or the whole teleportation to 'magic world' didn't happen?
>>
>>2390098
Henriette still doesn't know Louise likes her romantically and the dead love interest is something that is looking to end up resolved in the upcoming arc, along with Louise resolving her previous engagement with Wardes, who she really really hates.

Also that guy doesn't exist, as Louise failed her summoning ritual again before the start of the fic and ran away only to stumble upon the Minion and turn them into her Familiars and then the plot begins and everything diverges from FoZ really hard because Louise isn't around to fix everything.
>>
>>2390093
Cool, thanks! I just didn't really enjoy him as a love interest since he felt woefully underdeveloped next to the vibrant cast of characters on Louise's team.

>>2390096
>I have more compelling stuff to do than to convince you to read a good story.
That's fair. I honestly just wanted a quick confirmation that Louise's attraction to Henriette wasn't played for laughs, but you do you.
>>
>>2390104
>wasn't played for laughs
From what I can remember, the attraction itself isn't, but Louise's tsun reaction towards it is what kind of is humorous. I don't think it's ever really treated anything other than serious when it comes to being written about. However, it's been like months since I read it so grain of salt and all that.
>>
>>2390107
The tsun gets a whole lot less funny due to recent revelations. I'll be covering it in my super post but there is a lot to cover and I've yet to nail down how i'm going to present it all.
>>
>>2381798
>>2382206
:o
Sorry about that, I was focusing on my Madoka stuff for a while. I've been pretty inspired to continue with the Dragon Maid story lately, so it is going to be getting a lot more updates in the future! :)
>>
>>2390104
It's obvious that the author wouldn't do anything so cheap. Since the beginning they have treated every character, every aspect of tbe world and the plot with acertain degree of seriousness, respect and fondness. Never once have they mocked anything. Not even a comic-relief peasant character who kept telling everyone that elves were stealing his hlrses or something. Something as crucial and central to the plot and the characters as a confrontation about their mjtual attraction or the lack of thereof will get a fair treatment. Even if it doesn't result in handholding as we're all hoping it will.

Come what may, there will be a ride.
>>
>>2390114
>present it all.
Maybe by character?
>>
>>2390137
I was thinking about that and maybe just doing a massive full explanation, but after see this post I'm thinking that maybe I can do a less spoilery and less massive post by going a sort of notes route on just the characters
>>
>Overlady
All I see is
>it's well written, but it's het
Why mention it here?

>>2390059
>that 1mil+ word Neptunia fic
Which Neptunia fic? And what happened there?
>>
>>2390141
Because you're skimming and that's all you see.
>>
>>2388578
It's bad. Sorry. It feels pretty stilted in some places, there's a huge amount of tell-not-show going on, there's no feeling of tension whatsoever from reading this. It's like you're trying to go over events too quickly and give an overview of what's happening, rather than trying to dive deeper into what the characters are feeling, which just doesn't make sense for a character-driven story. The plot just moves way, way too fast. Also, you give Tomoko's internal monologues too much self-awareness. I get that there's supposed to be a time-skip but it comes off as OOC. Plus, Tomoko shows little awkwardness during the sex scenes compared to what I would imagine, she isn't going to lose her iconic character trait of 'enormous bundle of anxiety/spaghetti' so easily, particularly not when it comes to matters of sexuality. Speaking of which, the sex scenes are also completely unarousing, probably for most of the same reasons I think the fic is bad. There's really no reason to post a "multi-chaptered" fic all at once rather than actually using the format provided to you by FFN/AO3.

That said, I think you have a decent idea, even if reading your fic is more like reading a hastily-put-up wikipedia summary of your idea, but with what you wrote it could easily be 40k and it wouldn't be bloated.

Also, personally, I don't really like when characters enter poly relationships with the intent of eliminating the other members of it unless this is portrayed as a bad character trait. Jealousy is something that's meant to be overcome, even if not eliminated completely. idk I just don't think it's healthy personally
>>
>>2390141
Sorry, not a Neptunia fic, or if it's one I've deleted it. I think it's by Kuugen the Fox but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2390141
It isn't het. There's a lesbian side-character (Louise's older sister) and the main character herself is currently confused about her feelings about her best friend (i.e. the 'b-but we're both girls!' phase seen in so many yuri stories). She's trying to deal with it by dating a male side-character, but it's very apparent to me that that's not going to be final.
>>
>>2390208
She's recently accepted her feelings actually. However, she's yet to confess (and is no longer in a the mindset that gave her the clarity to accept her feelings and be capable of easily confessing) and her best friend is set to attempt to rez her dead lover.

Also it should be noted that said sister has a harem of maids.
>>
>>2390208
>She's trying to deal with it by dating a male side-character

I fucking hate this meme
>>
>>2390215
Ah, okay. I haven't got that far yet. Turns out I have a lot more chapters to go than I remembered.

>>2390221
It isn't just a meme though. It's a thing that happens to girls IRL. Either because they're bi or because they're in denial.
>>
>>2390221
The whole idea is pretty well torn apart here though. As very little has actually happened between the two as the two refuse to be in the other's presence when wearing anything less than full plate armor as well as being accompanied by some guards (be they visible or not). Plus the whole thing is long distance as the dude is the leader of a country that is pretty much on the other side of the planet and the first gift he gave her was the gilded head of his shitty translator who had made him look like he was threatening Louise that was in a box with a magical bomb.

Seriously the most romantic act between the two is holding one another during a dance. When there was two layers of plate armor in the way.
>>
>>2390227
Not all lesbians go through the dating a guy out of denial phase (am lesbian, didn't do this)

And since it is shitty there is no need for it to happen so damn often in fiction, I get the feeling most people who do this are the ones who think they are being mature and "realistic" (they use the same excuse you just did).
>>
>>2390230
It helps that Louise is probably bi, so the whole "lesbian dating guy because she's in denial" trope doesn't really apply.

However as I said in the post above yours, the relationship that Louise is currently in is hardly all that passionate. Like you could argue that at best it's better described as a mutually exploitative business relationship.
>>
>>2390230
>reality is an excuse
Cool background. While the reason you supplied is most likely the case for fiction, there's more to it in real circumstances. Ones that aren't fit for this board.
>>
>>2390228
And to balance this, Louise realized she does love Henrietta but can't confess at the moment?
Seems like a positive outcome so far.
>>
If you nee-sans are bored I have something for you to criticize and burn.

http://behemothk18.deviantart.com

I know what you're gonna ask, I only made one so it would be easier to share my work with a friend who uses it for posting her PMD comics.

You will find Part 1-11 of my Pokemon XY story, Good Intentions. The main pairing is F!Calem x Paula(the Le Wow waitress). Set in an AU where the only difference being that Calem is really female but hides it from the world because of plot, which means no dudes to worry about at all!

And if that summary sounds terrible, wait till you read the whole thing, because it's way worse then that.
>>
>>2390273
It's less can't and more finds it really hard to.

When she tried at the end of the last chapter, she got interrupted by Henrietta thinking she was talking about something else and going on about their next campaign before Louise passed out because she had had a really long fucking day.
>>
>want to search for 'explicit' yuri fanfics on AO3
>it's literally impossible
Send help.
>>
>>2393301
Isn't it just F/F, rated Explicit?
>>
Can anyone recommend any good fics with Rey? Maybe with Phasma? Whenever I try to search on AO3 I fuck up something and it doesn't show me anything.
>>
>>2393457
Yes, but I can't seem to find the proper settings for that.
>>
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anybody hear could help me out! I've been combing the internet for what seems like years now attempting to find the remnants of a fanfiction author that goes by Kaiser Ryouga 2, and I was wondering if anybody could find some of his works, in particular his original fiction? I think he was active around 2004-2010 maybe? He used to also have a blog called Kitchen Sink Nihilism if that helps. I've found some of his really old stuff on the shoujoai.com archive, but in particular I'm searching for a story called "My Girl is My Poison" that I can only find on fanfiction.net as a word-replaced version for some show called South of Nowhere. I know this thread is prominently about fanfiction, but if anybody knows where I can find some of his original works I'd be much obliged!
>>
>>2389458
i forgot this was in second person.

https://archiveofourown.org/series/66017

womp womp.
>>
>>2393545
http://archiveofourown.org/works/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&work_search%5Bquery%5D=%22f%2Ff%22+-%22f%2Fm%22+-%22m%2Fm%22+-futa+-futanari&work_search%5Btitle%5D=&work_search%5Bcreator%5D=&work_search%5Brevised_at%5D=&work_search%5Bcomplete%5D=0&work_search%5Bsingle_chapter%5D=0&work_search%5Bword_count%5D=&work_search%5Blanguage_id%5D=&work_search%5Bfandom_names%5D=&work_search%5Brating_ids%5D=13&work_search%5Bcharacter_names%5D=&work_search%5Brelationship_names%5D=&work_search%5Bfreeform_names%5D=&work_search%5Bhits%5D=&work_search%5Bkudos_count%5D=&work_search%5Bcomments_count%5D=&work_search%5Bbookmarks_count%5D=&work_search%5Bsort_column%5D=revised_at&work_search%5Bsort_direction%5D=desc&commit=Search

since it's page 9, i'll spoonfeed
>>
New thread?
>>
>>2393628
Don't usually read second person but, reminded me of this https://archiveofourown.org/works/7929133
>>
>>2394334
Yeah sure
>>
>>2394334
>>2395446
I long for an OP with good fic recs.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.