[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite yuri anime, /u/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 18

File: love live group.jpg (223KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
love live group.jpg
223KB, 1440x900px
What is your favorite yuri anime, /u/?
>>
Блядcкaя лecбa Кёкa
>>
>>2356252
Sukhan and Bruhan
>>
Kannazuki no Miko. It's a classic.
>>
>>2356252
YuriKuma Arashi, Strawberry Panic.
>>
Alien
>>
>>2356252
Sakura trick
>>
>>2356252
Love Lab.
>>
Marimite or Strawberry Panic. Can't chose.
>>
>>2356252
Aoi Hana is the only classically good yuri anime.
Simoun is good too if you classify it as yuri.

Strawberry Panic is entertaining in a trashy drama way, though no one in their right mind would call the writing any good. Utena is enjoyable too in a shoujo way, but the yuri is only sort of there because of Ikuhara.

Everything else is pretty boring, not yuri, or just plain badly written.

The Kase-san ONA was very enjoyable.
>>
File: yuribait.png (149KB, 721x692px) Image search: [Google]
yuribait.png
149KB, 721x692px
>>2356774
>>
I don't have a favorite, but Urara last season was great, too bad we don't have something as good this season.
>>
>>2356252
Madoka.
>>
>>2356252
Strawberry Panic for the actual yuri. And all the retarded drama is a bit entertaining. I'd probably never rewatch it though.

Akuma no Riddle for the fun. The plot was stupid and the manga has more yuri, but it was a very fun ride.
>>
>>2357887
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. OT is reddit tier, PT is literally kino.
>>
Flip Flappers.
>>
Can't go wrong with the yurus
>>
Candy Boy
>>
>>2356334
I feel guilty for liking this.
>>
Shojo Sact
>>
>>2356252
Saki
>>
>>2356252
Simoun
>>
>>2356252
Hibike Yuriphonium!
>>
>>2357924
Flip Flappers for me, too.
>>
>>2356252
The one that involves actual lesbian romance and isn't written for teenage Japanese boys to masturbate to. Which is none.
>>
>>2362078
Aoi Hana?
Simoun?
>>
File: 1479580401552.png (2MB, 1280x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1479580401552.png
2MB, 1280x2080px
>>2356252
Izetta
>>
>>2356252
Aoi Hana and Simoun are unmatched.
>>
File: why does she have to suffer.png (456KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
why does she have to suffer.png
456KB, 720x480px
>>2356252
Blue Drop. Characters are great, especially the MC. This is more important than anything else to me. Her having the same great voice as Ayumi from Glass no Kamen, an other great series and great character, only makes her better.

Apart from that I also really dig Simoun and Kurau. Unfortunately all 3 have depressing endings.

There are many other decent ones, especially if you are loose with the term yuri.
>>
>>2368089
In retrospect Blue Drop is really good, but I was pretty bummed when it was airing because the manga is about a half-human, half-alien lesbian fighting as part of the resistance against alien invaders in a post-apocalpytic setting, and then the anime is a prequel set in a school which heavily features a school play as part of its plot.
>>
>>2368089
Sad yuri in apocalyptic world are just the best.
>>
File: AaeruNeviril-26.jpg (2MB, 3761x2222px) Image search: [Google]
AaeruNeviril-26.jpg
2MB, 3761x2222px
Simoun by an enormous margin.
>>
>>2368089
Simoun doesn't have a depressing ending though.
>>
File: 1483583104978.webm (2MB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483583104978.webm
2MB, 850x400px
>>2368095
>In retrospect Blue Drop is really good
I only tried to read the manga after watching the anime and thought it was terrible.

If only Blue Drop had been completely separated from the manga and gotten a happier end or even possible sequel.

>>2368304
Yes it does. Their country surrenders under terrible conditions, gets split up among the victors who then want to fight each other and force the split up country (wo)men to fight each other, their own former friends.

Yet, almost ironically, it is also about the inevitability of change. The characters 'grow up', lose their glory and prestigious positions, their friends, their old lives. Their former homes, the glorious airships, are now but mere ruins. The only thing that does not change is the depressing wartorn mood.

Then there are people who say that Aaeru and Neviril succeeded in escaping this cruel fate. Some claim they 'ascended', others have different theories. They left it open except for some ambiguous symbolism. And this to me feels like blueballing. I wanted to see them go on adventures together and living happily thereafter forever escaping their fate, not some meaningless dance in a ruin that makes them look like cursed ghosts.

Honestly, with the death of Mamiina just after her wonderful redemption the series depressed irredeemably. I can't deny that Simoun is very good due to its characterisation alone, otherwise I would not have mentioned it in my top 3, however I really really wish it had been about cute girls overcoming their differences, working hard to be the ace team, pwning the enemies and 'saving the world' instead of utter defeat and many dying.

Those 3 are not my favorites because they are tragic but because of the quality of characters in them. And I would have enjoyed them all even more if they had happier conclusions.

Yes, asspulled happy ends are extremely overused. But the opposite, tragic ends, are just not enjoyable. I don't want to feel suffering and bittersweetness.
>>
Simoun. I kinda feel it is underrated outside of here. I've met plenty of yurifags from other places that refuse to watch it because it's old/bad art/boring. I wonder if it's still popular among nip yurifags the way it is here.
>>
>>2368312
>I only tried to read the manga after watching the anime and thought it was terrible.
That's a strong reaction. I guess if you're looking for yuri romance and aren't much of a scifi fan that's possible. I liked it because I found the setting interesting and the protagonist is a lesbian who's very upfront about her personality.

Also I'm referring to the first Blue Drop manga, not the second one that's about genderbending and isn't /u/-relevant.

I second everything you're saying about Simoun's ending though. Honestly I felt the ending with Aaeru and Neviril was terrible because of how vague it was. The entire series had been building up the Emerald Rimaajon as a way to achieve time-travel, and then suddenly with these two there's talk of them becoming "Eternal Maidens"... which means what, exactly? Who the hell knows.
>>
File: tumblr_n69l1hetLz1rmjoy9o1_500.gif (1000KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n69l1hetLz1rmjoy9o1_500.gif
1000KB, 500x250px
Wonder why nobody still haven't mentioned Yuru Yuri. It makes Akari so sad!
>>
>>2369171
Someone mentioned it.

I actually just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 for the first time and I loved it. I figure /u/ has discussed it to death already though.
>>
File: tumblr_mn7jsvHI1Z1raf3v8o1_500.gif (984KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn7jsvHI1Z1raf3v8o1_500.gif
984KB, 500x281px
>>2369255
Don't forget the OVA & season 3. Alas they were made by different Studio so you won't see anymore "AAkarinnn~" opening scenes. They also made Akari less unnoticeable character this time. It's a little disappointing.
>>
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, wish there was more.
>>
>>2369404
That's why I was a bit hesitant to watch, I really like some of DogaKobo's work and was disappointed to see they didn't also handle the OVA and S3. I might just read the manga but I'll give it a shot. Akari's probably my favorite character after Kyoko so I'm glad she gets a bit more recognition, the ending two episodes to S2 were heartwarming.

I'd love to talk about the series or make a thread for it since I fell in love with it, but as I said I'm sure it's been discussed endlessly on /u/ so I doubt people would want to talk about it more.
>>
>>2356252
The one you posted.
>>
I cried watching Yuri Kuma Arashi but I had the most fun with Saki, I rewatched it three times just for fun
>>
>>2356252
I can't be bothered ranking my favourites but Sakura trick, flipflappers and AKB0048 are among them.
>>
File: sei x shimako.jpg (205KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sei x shimako.jpg
205KB, 1024x768px
Wow, no one mentions Maria-sama ga miteru. Did /u/ forget its root?
>>
>>2377608
>not evolving past S-class
Please, onee-sama

My favs in no particular order:
Madoka
Noir
El Cazador de la Bruja
Yuru Yuri
Simoun
Read or Die

My criteria: Does it have clear yuri elements, does it avoid pissing me off and/or annoying me throughout the whole series (that knocks out some anime that have good episodes/seasons but also bad ones) and would I enjoy watching it if isn't yuri. It has to meet all three.
>>
Utena (movie, mostly)

Yuri Kuma Arashi and sasameki koto and flip flappers are close seconds (thirds? fourths?)
>>
File: Wall0021600x1200.jpg (830KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wall0021600x1200.jpg
830KB, 1600x1200px
Kashimashi for love triangle lesbians. Just forget the mc was a boy in the beginning. Damn it Japan!
>>
>>2357914
how is that yuri?
>>
>>2356789
>Strawberry Panic

is boring as fuck, dropped
>>
>>2382098
Did you even get to the second half?
>>
>>2356258
Oнээcaмa, a нe пoдcкaжeшь нaзвaниe in English or nihongo, please?
>>
kurau, more recently was really comfy

psycho pass is decent

lagrange flower of rin-ne (that OP)
>>
>>2378283
Anime ending was terrible. I loved the manga though.

Tomari a best girl.
>>
File: 39-8.jpg (43KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
39-8.jpg
43KB, 550x420px
There can be only one. Pic related made me realize what a huge lesbo I am.
Flip Flappers, Yuri Kuma Arashi, and Sasameki Koto are all pretty close seconds though.
>>
>>2377608
S-Class is baby's first yuri. Revolutionize your world and watch Utena and Yuri Kuma.
>>2369171
because YuruYuri is SOL with yuri baiting and not much an actual yuri show. kept waiting for kyouko to munch Yui's rug and it never happened
>>
>>2385681
That's like saying ongoing het comedy manga are "het bait" because the male protagonist hasn't ended up with a girl yet.

You don't need girls to end up together before you can call something "an actual yuri show". It's fine to not like it for that reason, but that doesn't mean that the show isn't yuri.
>>
>>2385705
i'd call it a yuri SOL show, maybe more SOL than yuri. I do like it. I just want more mature stuff most the time. Yuru is good, just not 10/10 like some of the stuff here. Lot of people like it, but not enough to be their absolute number 1 favorite
>>
>>2385705
The problem with that analogy is that 90% of those het comedy manga will have a canon couple established maintext by the end, while basically no SoL yuriteasing show ever went that far (Kanamemo and YY had established yuri couples at the start so they don't factor into this ). One group can reliably expect the canon establishment of the thing they are interested in, while the other is perpetually teased but never gets pay off.
>>
File: 1478667885312.webm (384KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478667885312.webm
384KB, 853x480px
>>2356252
Simoun.
>>
>>2385729
Well that's a problem with the yuri comedy genre as a whole, not Yuru Yuri in particular.
>>
>>2385676
Utena aside, you have poor taste in yuri.
You need some Aoi Hana and Simoun to balance that other shit out.
>>
>>2385681
Subtext and bait are two different things

The subtext is something that is understood and is not necessary to be explained, unless the person is an idiot, they are the ones who can not see the subtext
The subtext is more than nothing a gift, authors or writers are not in obligation to do that, Saki have better romantic structure than much of the romance text (especially het)

The bait on the other hand gives the illusion that it is something more "serious" but in the end it is nothing but more shit written and this if it is a brazen attempt to attract people, Things like Cross Ange, Love Lab or Tamako Love Story

Yuri Yuri is Yuri is his full right, his focus is more comedy than romance, and no, drama does not make a better romance, only makes it stupid and fun to laugh at the characters doing stupid things
>>
>>2356252
Flip Flappers
>>
>>2385857
STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM.
>>
File: lewd handholding - kobayashi.png (582KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lewd handholding - kobayashi.png
582KB, 1280x720px
>>2356774
Yeah, I liked Love Lab too.

Also, Mai HiME. Otome was alright, but the original was best imo.

And how could I forget Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon? Heartwarming SOL with a dragon maid.
>>
Maria sama ga miteru because this is chalk full of subtext and its a tease while being a slow burn.
>>
>>2386672
Flip flappers was amazing but as much as its a cute class s i dont know if you could officially call it yuri
>>
>>2386338
I like those both; they're just not my favorite
>>
>>2386981
>subtext
>slow

Maria a shit
>>
>>2386981
>>2387054
Marimite has much more than subtext. There's an entire arc devoted to one girl trying to elope with another, for fuck's sake.

It's okay to not like it because it's slow or because it never shows girls staying in relationships after graduation, or because the aforementioned arc ends with the girl getting ditched. But saying it's just subtext is wrong.
>>
>>2387058
It has one maintext lesbian and she gets a bad end. Everyone else is expected to become "normal" members of society like the old woman that visited the principal before she died.
>>
>>2387082
Your first relationship not working out is hardly a bad end.
>>
>>2387116
>slow
>gay until graduation
>tragic lesbian end
>S-Class

Maria still a shit
>>
File: 1412395018991.gif (468KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
1412395018991.gif
468KB, 350x200px
>>2386963
>What is your favorite yuri anime, /u/?
>Love Lab
>>
>>2387124
Didn't the author herself say in some interview that she didn't write any of the characters as lesbians? Not trying to start shit and I can appreciate works separate from authors intentions, but I remember that being a thing relatively recently.
>>
>>2388214
The funny thing about the whole thing is that Marimite is considered as Yuri without any doubt
Although I do not know why it drives away the only public that may like that story

At this point, how did the novels end?
>>
>>2388195
kinda is, if you don't consider the manga
>>
>>2388224
They were never fully scanlated, as least not when I checked last a year or so back. The latter novels deal with completely different relationships and also different incoming classes of girls so the dynamics really change.
I think it's still got canon yuri though since Sei is in college, is still gay as fuck, and gets some development with another college girl. No tragic ending in sight with Sei, she seems to be living a pretty good collegiate life.
>>
>>2388239
Does something that matters?
As I understand everything goes Full-Het more forward

>>2388275
Then the final message of Marimite is Sei is great
>>
I got out of jail two years ago thanks to a legal loophole and don't have time to read the previous 80 posts. What are some good yuri animes?
>>
>>2386330
it could be said Yuru Yuri started this.
I personally dislike it because it kind of popularized this kind of "yuri" work that waifufags can enjoy just as much since nothing is confirmed.
>>
>>2388678
I do not see anything bad about comedies and even a waifufag is inserted even with sexuality or established couples

The comedies makes something more pleasant, a SOL works much better for a person with a real job since it makes a day of work more digestible

The well done subtext shows that Yuri can exist in almost any environment and also shows that we do not need a damn ton of angst and shit plot twist
>>
>>2388675
I don't think there have been any explicitly yuri shows in the past two years from today. Yuri Kuma Arashi aired ~2.5 years ago if you missed that.
If you like subtext try FlipFlappers or anything else people who watch subtext talk about.
>>
>>2388683
I didn't get your first phrase, but for the rest, doesn't just your average CGDCT show fits just fine with your description?
Not so sure about the "well done subtext" either, the girls's interest in one another is just usually done as a joke and very in-your-face as well.
I'm really unsure Yuru Yuri should even be called a yuri work.
>>
>>2388689
The difference is simple, the well done subtext is something present and it is not necessary to announce it explicitly because it is assumed that people are smart enough to understand it (if you can not see the subtext, you have problems)

Yuri Yuri if it's Yuri (unless you're an idiot) have the same elements of the subtext, but here it is said openly who is in love and who without any repression, that is a comedy does not take anything away

We even have several series that people consider Yuri although it is subtexo at best, some people from / u / seem not to see them that way, but they acted in complete denial on LWA

Subtext and bait are different things and should not be confused. It's bait the real problem that we should really be angry about.
>>
File: 1499818519543.jpg (74KB, 320x343px) Image search: [Google]
1499818519543.jpg
74KB, 320x343px
>>2388688
>FlipFlappers
>subtext
>>2388709
agreed; bait is the enemy of /u/
>>
>>2388675
oneee san... stay out of prison desu!
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Flip Flappers
Kobayashi
NTR (/u/ hates it but i like it)
Little Witch Academia
Inugami san
Sakura Trick
>>
>>2388893
I watched most of the first season of LWA and didn't really pick up much with my Yuri goggles(although I enjoyed it a fair amount), does something happen in the second season or something because it seems to have a lot of Yuri buzz around it
>>
File: 1491037914757.png (761KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1491037914757.png
761KB, 1280x738px
>>2388977
Yes.
>>
>>2388977
all the gay stuff happen in the "second season" if you are watching on netfilx
>>
>>2388893
>Little Witch Academia
Nice bait.
>>
>>2394690
They want to believe
>>
1. Saki
2. Madoka
3. Maria-sama ga Miteru
4. Candy Boy
5. Simoun
6. Yuru Yuri
7. BeeTrain's girl-with-gun trilogy (Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja)
8. Valkyrie Drive

I'm waiting for Murcielago, Bloom into You, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (latter volumes) to be animated to revise my top 10.

Mai-HiME, Kannazuki no Miko, Strawberry Panic are trainwrecks but the yuri itself is top-notch.
Sakura Trick, Kanamemo, Koihime Musou, Blue Drop are decent.
Hidamari Sketch, Kiniro Mosaic, New Games are most decent CGDCT.
Flip Flappers, Izetta, Princess Principle are the modern wave of "serious plot with semi-canon yuri as focus." The first two turned into trainwrecks, let's see how the last one fares.
>>
>>2362078
>lesbian romance

Yuri isn't the same thing as lesbianism tho? Obviously yuri animes don't have lesbian romance. Maybe you are on the wrong board?
>>
File: 62822427_p0.jpg (2MB, 2728x3445px) Image search: [Google]
62822427_p0.jpg
2MB, 2728x3445px
Cute Girls Divining Cute Things
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.