[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u/ meets /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 9

File: 1990.21_1a.jpg (293KB, 1090x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1990.21_1a.jpg
293KB, 1090x1300px
Previous thread >>1867406

Check the archive for more threads.
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works.

Please search on google, archive or torrent sites before making a request.
On kat.cr search for "FF" and click on the books section.
>>
What is a good book about enemies/rivals or even the bully and bullied becoming lovers??
>>
>>1909528
Only one that comes to mind is:
Summer of Our Discontent - Robin Alexander
>>
File: A date with an angel.jpg (45KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
A date with an angel.jpg
45KB, 333x499px
A date with an angel is so funny. If you love a good romantic comedy, this is it! Pic related
>>
>>1909697

Okay you guys have to read this. It's just too funny:

“Kim?”

"Yes?" Kim answered, her voice distant and her mind partitioned to save itself. It was a very delicate balance of focus and forced inattention.

Don’t stare. Control your breathing. Don’t think about what you’re doing. Don’t look, but don’t avert your eyes because that looks suspicious. We’re just two innocent girls taking an innocent shower together in an innocent non-sexual way.

She put a hand at the back of Angel’s leg at the knee. Angel lifted the leg so Kim could clean it more thoroughly. Once done, she repeated the action on the second.

That was the easy part. Kim steeled herself and placed her hands on Angel’s breasts and started in, lightly touching as she held them gently. Nothing unusual, she told herself. Pay no attention to the situation or how anything feels. Now isn’t the time to indulge in scientific discovery. Just finish it.

"You already washed me," said Angel. "I was the first. Remember?"

Kim froze. Her world shrank to the sound of running water and the sudden hitch in her breathing.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/kORQkXaS/file.html
>>
>>1909714
Out of context, that is not funny. I will try the book, though.
>>
>>1909714
Not funny. And I doubt context would make it funny.
>>
>>1909714
So it's basically about an adult Tomoko?
>>
>>1909851
Yeah. I read it some time ago and found some parts funny.
>>
>>1909528
Second Chances by Eliza Lentzski
>>
>>1909929
I couldn't stomach that one, probably because it was a shitty Glee fanfic.
>>
>>1909528

Icehole by Kiera Dellacroix, Ambereye (Garoul book 2) by Gil McKnight, Rebel's Quest (Supreme Constellations book 2) by Gun Brooke, Sheridan's Fate by Gun Brooke, That Witch! by Zoe Lynne, Spectrum by MJ Duncan
>>
Anyone have good recommendations for happy erotica? I'm not really into cheating or super drama, and the number of lesbian erotica books is daunting to go through and find the ones I like. It's okay if there's drama in the beginning, but I feel I can't enjoy erotica when the characters are miserable in story. The characters don't have to be a couple, but it's preferable.

I did read Thirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien on recommendation from a thread a couple of months back and enjoyed it. If anyone is into BDSM, but also likes vanilla sex, I'd say give it a try.
>>
>>1910031
goddamn, Icehole sounds like my kind of book, but I can't justify buying it used off amazon for like $30. Any idea if it's still available online somewhere?
>>
I'm 3/4 of the way through Everafter, by Nell Stark. It's not shit, but it's nothing special either.

What are your favorite lesbian vampire novels? I don't think I've read any others.
>>
>>1910118
Protip: search the book, author's name, and "download" and you can practically find any book on google. Next time do that first.

For this one it's on kat.cr anyways, so search there, and happy reading.
>>
>>1910151
Keeping this coincidentally relevant advice in mind: I'm have a tough time finding a download of Jae's Something in the Wine, which sounds lovely.

I am 100% all about stories in which characters come to the realization that they're gay. Recommendations welcome.
>>
>>1910165
http://limetorrentlinkus.com/FF--Something-in-the-Wine-by-Jae-torrent-1587264.html slow but it seems to be working.

Also Just Jorie by Robin Alexander is pretty good, tho it's more of a "I'm asexual except for you" thing, though not in those words.
>>
>>1910201
May the lesbian gods shower you with flannel shirts and happiness.
>>
>>1909929
so that's why I couldn't find that fanfic when I wanted re-read it some time ago.
>>
What are some good books that involve the characters going through a dark forest of misery and angst before finally finding a happy ending. Does not need to contain a literal foresr.
>>
>>1910220

Jackie Kennedy - Denial ?
>>
Any where the romance is between someone of high status/royalty? Preferably if they are at least aware of their power.
>>
Does any one have Lea Daley FutureDyke?
And can share.
>>
>>1910087
O'Brien is the only author that comes to mind. Maybe try some of her other books? You might want to stay away from The Muse, though, there's a fair amount of drama in there in addition to the characters fucking. Also, maybe try some anthologies, like Erotic Interludes or something. Haven't read those, so you're on your own there.
Would like to know if anyone else have any recommendations.
>>1910138
I think the only one I've read is Good Enough to Eat and the short sequel.
>>
>>1910253
Check out The Princess Affair, by Nell Stark.
>>
Hey all. Just finished Forever Mine by KD Williamson. It's about vampires. The "horrible, satanic, cursed, immortal death machine" type of vampires, none of this "able to walk around during the day and feed without straight up killing people" bullshit.

It was super good. It's a real short novel, like 130 pages. I read it in a day. It's got awesome dramatic structure, the plot keeps you guessing, and the protagonists are really morally grey. Or straight up evil, if you want, i don't know. Point is, I'm in the middle of reading Everafter by Nell Stark, and Forever Mine is awesome and interesting in every way that Everafter isn't.
>>
>>1910220
Harper Bliss' French Kissing series is loaded with drama and angst, don't let the title fool you. AND NO RAPE nor het shit.
>>
>>1910118
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/ROsd7fNq/file.html
There you go anon, 3 in 1
>>
>>1911110
I want hardcore girl on girl rape. What book do I read for that?
>>
Prescription for Love or Princess and the prix please. Thank you.
>>
>>1911857
Lmao, the gall
>>
G.S. Binkly Woman I love series very good read
>>
>>1912288
I gave up after 3 pages. Amateurish writing at its worst.
>>
>>1912295
Same here.
Was especially frustrated with the names, they all sound similar, it was hard to follow. I gave up after main characters meeting. Really bad writing.
>>
I've just read almost all recs from this thread and the last. My brain is now a puddle from so much bad writing but I can't really complain, can I?
>>
>>1912857
So which one was the worst?
>>
Finished book 6 of Carrie Carr's Lex & Amanda series. The series doesn't stay as comfortable a read as the first book makes it out to be, but I still enjoyed each book for its cuddly moments even though it is tedious how it relies on dragging Lex through the mud to fuel the plot to an absurd degree.

I'd still recommend book 1-5, but I don't recommend 6 since it took things too far and left a bad taste, like killing off Frank tragically the moment his wife wakes up from a coma&stroke after having a baby. Really? C'mon. Then there's the multiple evil plots against Lex as expected, with the mother-in-law's being the same aggravating and overused psycho routine. Homewrecker Ellie baits Lex and attempts to kiss Amanda and never gets addressed, it wasn't cheating, but it was stupid. Really rubbed me the wrong way how Lex and Amanda forgave Ellie's rudeness so easily because "family" and yet Ellie continuously treated their marriage like dirt, no idea why it tried to paint her as likable, it failed miserably. Finally, there's the worst part that comes out of nowhere: Jenson's attempted murder/rape of Amanda in the barn, which was one of those last-minute-save rapes where the villain is foiled just before penetration, and then the book finishes without talking about it. What was the point? After all the attempts on their lives, Lex and Amanda should have serious PTSD and major paranoia, and yet they go around living their lives like nothing bad happens and walk face-first into danger time and time again.

I'm torn on continuing with book 7-9 I bet the baby gets kidnapped by the mother, Lex probably gets punched some more, and someone else in the family probably dies unexpectedly or tries to ruin L&A's life, right? If anyone has read them let me know if it gets better after 6. I really don't want to stop reading after getting this far, but I also don't want the next book to further tarnish a good memory.
>>
>>1912857
ok..
Lynn James - Wildfire
>>
>>1912857
If you're looking for good writing, here's my list. Cursory list so I’m sure I’ve forgotten some and probably included others that shouldn’t be there; haven’t read a lot of these in a while. Some of the two lists can be interchanged. Obviously biased by my tastes.

Good in General:
Nicola Griffith
Whatever Gods May Be (Sophia Hagin Kell) and sequel
LJ Baker
Nightshade (Shea Godfrey) and sequel
Miles to Go (Amy Dawson Robertson) and sequel
Agape trilogy (Aspura y Gonazoles)
Sara Waters – I’ve only read Tipping the Velvet but I can vouch for that
Six Directions of Space (Alastair Reynolds) – scifi novella, lesbian protagonist
Grass Widow (Nanci Little) – do NOT read First Resort; I’m still bitter about it; Thin Fire is meh.
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
Ash (Malinda Lo) – Huntress is also good
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (Fannie Flagg)
Elemental Logic series (Laurie J Marks)
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) – YA novel
Her Name in the Sky (Kelly Quindlen) – YA novel
Daughter of Mystery (Heather Rose Jones) and sequel
One Saved to the Sea (Catt Kingsgrave) – novella

Good for the genre (even if I list only 1 book, I’ll often purchase and enjoy more than that from the author):
Karen Kallmaker
KG MacGregor
For Me and My Gal (Robbi McCoy)
Parties in Congress (Collette Moody)
Pitiful Ugly (Robin Alexander) – I like most of her stuff, but this is by the far the best
Jane Fletcher – Shadow of the Knife is the best of hers though it’s rather dark
Cool Side of the Pillow (Gill McKnight); unlikable protags in many stories
Roses and Thorns (Chris Anne Wolfe)
Laughing Down the Moon (Eva Indigo)
Melissa Brayden is rather enjoyable, but her stories suffer from the random final illogical breakup to inflate angst
>>
Can anyone recommend a story/stories that have one character that is very physically affectionate with the main character or vice versa or even if they both are, but before they get together? They just like to have some form of physical contact with the other/one another. Kind of like Crazy Little Things by dreiser, a Hermione/Luna fanfic that is absolutely adorable.

Preferably with no angst or minimal angst/drama. Got enough of that to last me a lifetime.
>>
So I picked Spectrum up. Not what I expected, because all the problems so far have been resolved in a reasonable way, the supporting characters are great and the conflicts don't fester. Nice surprise, overall.

Incidentally, as I'm writing this, >>1913288 popped up. They hug and touch a whole fucking lot before getting together.
>>
>>1913289
How is it on the angst/drama? Cause you say problems and that kind of implies a lot.
>>
>>1913297
Nah, don't worry about it. I'm about 3/4 in and so far there's been one significant misunderstanding, for lack of a better term, that's been cleared almost immediately.
>>
>>1913332
Alright. When you finish it can you tell me the final verdict so to speak? Or if there's anything else. I get way too invested in stories recently and I become very moody when the author does something stupid.
>>
>>1913288
Something in the Wine by Jae
That Witch! by Zoe Lynne
Accidental Love by BL Miller
and seconding Spectrum by MJ Duncan, it is practically drama-free.
>>
>>1913465
All that Matters - Susan X Meagher
The fact that the characters were very touchy feely towards is one of the things that I liked the most. Steer clear if you don't like het sex or drama, though, because there's a lot of it.
I really recommend Spectrum as well, like >>1913465 said, it's drama free.
>>
>>1913605
>All that Matters - Susan X Meagher
This one is shit, don't bother
>>
>>1913613 And I think Robin Alexander's books are shit and everyone here seems to love them. Have you heard of the expression "different strokes for different folks"?
>>
>>1913840
but that one is a waste of time and its not just because of the hetshit.
>>
Yolanda Wallace Month of Sundays
>>
>>1913877
It was one of the better reads for me. didn;t mind het stuff (which I usually do). It was nice, intelligent, well paced, believable romance. Everyone's different I guess...
>>
I'm always amazed how in books everybody seem to be able to detect faintest dilatation of pupils and hearing slightest catches of breath. I'm never that perceptive to another person in real life. Is it just me or it's actually a real thing?
>>
>>1914095
I guess you can catch it if you're standing close, it's quiet and you're looking that person straight in the eye. During regular conversations, however, you need to be a professional pupil watcher or something, because it's pretty much impossible.
>>
>>1909697
>>1909714
>A Date with Angel

That was fun? I enjoyed it? Reading that must be what going insane feels like. The disconnect between her thoughts and actions was funny, but when it started getting serious it felt like she actually had paranoid schizophrenia and wasn't just an extreme introvert loner with some issues. It made it hard to believe Kim was merely in denial of her feelings, so when she finally confesses her love it still felt like she was faking it to optimize her crazy inner narrative. I was hoping the end would be a more sincere and romantic moment since I was half afraid that the twist would be that Kim was actually just mentally ill. Also, the number of times she awkwardly puts her foot in her mouth was astounding. The only time I sympathized with her stupidity was when her coworkers were harassing her, not even a mentally healthy person would be expected to react well to that much peer pressure. Hostile work environments are no joke.

I'd definitely read a sequel, or whatever else the author decides to write next. It takes skill to write a book about someone that unhinged without losing track of everything.
>>
>>1914015
>It was nice, intelligent, well paced, believable romance
I think its absolutely one of the worst thing I read but if you believe that..alrighty then.
>>
>>1914095
no, its bullshit that happens in fiction.
>>
>>1913605
Not sure why you felt like recommending this, anon specifically asked for minimal drama. As for het, the book opens with a blowjob in the first few pages to start off strong, and Ctrl+F gives 20 uses of penis and over 40 for sperm, there's even a chapter talking about circumcision. To me, that is beyond excessive and makes me wonder if the author isn't projecting something. After someone recommended Curious Wine and I foolishly read it I always go out of my way to vet a book before reading it, even when someone praises it as much as this anon has. /u/ lit threads are a dangerous place.
>>
>>1913465
Thanks.

Should've also said no het, but I guess I thought that applied to the no/minimal angst/drama.
>>
>>1914164
>Curious Wine
What's wrong with that one? I don't mind spoilers.
>>
I've read lady knight, and I loved it. But I'm not very fond of the other L J Baker books. Recommendations of books with female knights? Or with medieval setting.
>>
>>1914164
>After someone recommended Curious Wine and I foolishly read it
I feel you anon, I fell for that trap too.
>>
>>1913289
And I spoke a little too soon, because that final conflict so came out of left field, as if the "bad times" must have been shown along the good at all costs too. It would've been better if the conflict was replaced with something of different nature, not Bryn hurting Anna to the core with her stance. Still, half a chapter of dramatic events isn't too bad, I just wish it didn't feel so tacked on. I didn't buy the plausibility of Bryn's cold persona even for a second there, and the whole reaction was fanfiction-tier. It soured the book a little for me. Also, the middle parts dragged a little at times.
But all in all, if you overlook that little misstep, a very pleasant story.
>>
>>1914169
>Curious Wine
The entire book was about a group of women vacationing at a cabin where they mainly talk shit about men while also bemoaning how they can't live without them. This is layered thick with 80s stereotypes about sex and empowerment, but despite this it all somehow felt misogynistic. The MC falls in love with one of the women at the cabin during their men-hate talks, there is some vaguely sad story about the love interest's ex which I think was meant to garner sympathy for heroic male figures but only made me laugh because the only good man in the entire book steps on a literal landmine, and the MC gets raped in a scenario that was extremely stupid and had no narrative purpose. She immediately goes back to the cabin and gets eaten out by her love interest later that same day without ever mentioning or dealing with what should be a traumatic event. It was like it never happened, but even ignoring the rape, the book was awful and had no coherence or message to speak of. At the time /u/ praised it for its writing and it was short so I went for it blindly. Never again.
>>
>>1914183
>Spectrum
Agreed, it was extremely unnecessary but it didn't ruin the book for me like other last-minute drama often does. I can sympathize with Bryn for closing herself off and lashing out after dealing with shitty parents for 48 hours straight or whatever it was. I felt that it was more on Anna for how she dropped Bryn like a bag of dirt instantly because she didn't get the reaction she wanted when Bryn was obviously shutting down to deal with a tough situation. Bryn's father was in the hospital, she was on edge, and Anna thinks showing up would make everything okay. It felt just as immature as Bryn's reaction to it, really, but it was all stupid. My main annoyance was how it went from Anna losing romantic interest for a whole month from being hurt into a timeskip of eternal love and marriage. After seeing all that slow buildup they jumped right over the best parts. Give me their sappy I love you's, marriage proposals and weddings!

>>1914172
There's the popular medieval ones like Daughter of Mystery, Sword of the Guardian, Nightshade, but they're not knights.
This is a fairly short story, but I enjoyed the 2nd book in the Knight Legends series by Bridget Essex, Forever and a Knight. I skipped the first because I didn't like the setup so I'm not sure if that fits too. It felt like a yuri version of the movie A Knight's Tale.

The first book has a librarian and the 2nd is a radio host, which reminds me: are there any books with librarian characters? I want some quiet bookish romance.
>>
Anyone read the Far Seek Chronicles by Andi Marquette? I want a good sci fi, and /u/ never has many good suggestions for the genre.
>>
>>1914172

Dragonoak: The Complete History of Kastelir, is the one of the more highly rated ones. Knight, Necromancers, Dragons. This is a trilogy.

Personally, I didn't like it very much. 400+ pages and the main plot barely moved. I kept expecting for something to happen, every time I get disappointed because nothing happened at all. Then when something finally happened, I did not care anymore.

If you're one of those that care about a very slow romance and slow moving plot, this might be for you.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/SW7Lr9Ix/file.html
>>
>>1914305
>Dragonoak: The Complete History of Kastelir

And oh these are the main characters: http://dragonoak.tumblr.com/post/112798540450/dragonoak-the-complete-history-of-kastelir-is
>>
File: dragonoak.jpg (89KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
dragonoak.jpg
89KB, 317x475px
>>1914307
>I’ve worked hard to tell a story free of sexual violence
Sadly that author endorsement is high praise to me and more than enough reason to give it a try.
Thanks, looks interesting, the character art is a nice touch. Hell, even the cover art is top notch. Might be the nicest cover I've seen.
>>
>>1914312
>I’ve worked hard to tell a story free of sexual violence

I'm sure they only meant hard to write a book, but...Makes it sound as if it would be hard to avoid sexual violence.
>>
>>1909697
that can't be a real fucking cover. Jesus fuck. Might as well just make that shit comic sans and ms paint
>>
>>1914335
>complaining about lesbian novel covers

That's not a thing you should start to do.
>>>1873771
Does this work to link to the archives? If not:

>>1873771
>>
>>1914335
Anon, please, that's not even THAT bad.
Have you seen Robin's Alexander covers? She's one of my favourite authors, but god damn the covers are ugly. Probably saves cost though, so I don't mind that much.

>>1914339
It's not that bad layout-wise, but Poser should never be used like this.
>>
>>1914335
If you think that is bad, wait till you see other book covers.
>>
>>1914189
I keep reading it till the end because I thought it will gets better...but nope, into the trash it goes.
>>
Can anyone help me find the name of a book I read a while ago? I remember the two protagonists meet in highschool and years later they meet at a café. I remember one of them was vegan and lives in New York (maybe?) and the other one had strict/homophobic parents. I also remember that after they meet again, the one that's vegan goes to visit the other one and she meets a guy in the train ride.
>>
>>1914420

Eliza Letinzski - Second Chances
>>
>>1914425
Yes! Thank you.
>>
I'm looking for something good that's smut heavy. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1914420
>>1914425
Thats a Glee fanfic, isn't?
>>
>>1914560
Yep.
>>
>>1914305
Can anyone else who've read this book give a comment? I really try not to be influenced by book covers, but this one's testing me. I've blindly read my fair share of terrible, terrible books.
>>
Looking for Steel Eyes by Melissa Price please
>>
>>1914596
I've just started reading it, so I can't give any comments on the plot or character development, but the writing itself is fairly good. Certainly not worse than your average fantasy book.
>>
>>1914560
>>1909941
>>1910216
Why do you guys keeps mentioning it as Glee fanfics? that wouldn't stop someone who doesn't know about Glee from reading it t b h
>>
>>1914298
I read the first book. Very plot-heavy, and for that it's good.
>>
>>1914694
Not everyone though.
>>
>>1914694
I was going to read it until someone mentioned it was a Glee fanfic and saved me from a horrible blast from the past.
>>
>>1910201
couldn't get it to work.
>>
>>1914841
>>1914854

Lily R. Mason's Taking the Long Way is great... This is from someone who never watched Glee. In fact I'd say it's a must read book!
>>
>>1914596
>Dragonoak
The cover almost had me impulsively reading it before checking that it was worth the time, but luckily I still made myself vet the book to see if it was worth reading. I should have known a nice cover meant something was amiss, good lesfic and budget covers are synonymous. Massive spoiler: the love interest dies at the end. The anon who shared it said this was a trilogy but I don't see any other books listed.. I decided it wasn't for me.
>>
>>1914854
I read it not knowing it was a Glee fanfic, and found it to be pretty bad.
I'm not saying every fic-turned-book is bad, I probably read a few and don't know it to this day, but in this one the characters behaved so stupidly I couldn't read it without shaking my head every two pages.
>>
>>1914869
But the MC can raise the dead. As for the trilogy part, I think this book was only just released in 2015, so it might be some time until other parts are published.
>>
>>1914869

At the end of the book, there's a list titled "Upcoming Titles in Dragonoak Series".
>>
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/HnZcIHs0/file.html
>>
>>1914560
Anon that asked for the name here. Never seen Glee but the book was awful anyway.
>>
>>1910201
That one isn't seeded, you can get that book buried on this torrent:
https://kat.cr/ff-library-the-complete-collection-of-lesbian-literature-t7414317.html
>>
>>1914656
I found it on kat
>>
>>1915020
If its awful why the hell are you searching for it again? are you masochist?
>>
>>1915211
Calm your tits, dude.
I read it two years ago and I remember it being a decent read. People's tastes and opinions change in two years, you know?
>>
Behind the Green Curtain by Riley Lashea
>>
>>1915429
I wasn't getting angry or anything, brah.
just asking.
>>
>>1915079
Got it! Thanks for telling me.
>>
>>1915554
Sorry if I overreacted but it sounded a bit judgemental.
>>
Does anyone have Pathfinder (Exodus #2)
by Gun Brooke and willing to share?
>>
Any good smut or rape books?
>>
>>1915834
Get help.
>>
>>1915834

I don't think I've ever read any rape books with graphic descriptions. But there are several stories out there about rape victims. Any book description that has the word "Dark Past", there is a 90% chance the character was raped.
>>
>>1916040
>dark past
Anyone got that handy chart?
>>
>>1915834
>rape
You are better off finding that in fanfics or anything futa.

>>1916040
Hunter's Way (Gerri Hill) and Conflict of Interest (Jae) was pretty *graphic in my opinion, though brief. And I think Denial had a graphic rape scene or two - not sure.

*Graphic = when the author writes out the scene - no matter how short it was.
>>
Anyone have Radclyffe's Trauma Alert without all the • numbers •, RADCLY fFE and Trauma alerT strewn throughout chapters? It's very distracting to read.
>>
>>1914305
>>1914596
>>1914305

Thanks for the upload. I've started reading this yesterday and had to stop. It feels too much like the author has read X numbers of high fantasy novels and tried to mimic everything all at once.
>>
>>1916186
http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/ahU9xthm/file.html
Here you go anon.This supposed to be less distracting, at least for me.
>>
>>1916244
Thank you.
>>
Are there books about lesbian werewolves? I only ever see lesbian vampires around, never lesbian werewolves.
>>
>>1916638
Fuckin' Garoul, man.
>>
>>1916638
Garoul Series
>>
>>1916638
Midnight Hunter series, both werewolves and vampires. Don't know if it's any good though. It's by Radclyffe under a pseudonym. Found out about it from the end of the 'Trauma Alert' book of hers.
>>
>>1916638

Winter Pennington's Kassandra Lyall series.
>>
>>1916648
>Midnight Hunters
Terrible. It's futa clit sex: the book.
And it's all "clitoris clitoris throbbing clitoris clitoris clitoris glands clitoris."
Would not recommend.
>>
>>1916671
Is it so bad as in, does it sound like the author thinks clits react the same way as a d? Or is the author just too fascinated with clits?
>>
>>1916767
Both.
I mean, I'm sure the author knows how clits work, but iirc here they fuck with their clits, i.e. an engorged clit is inserted into another's pussy.
For all intents and purposes you could search-and-replace "clit" with "dick" and the mechanics of sex there would be the same.
It's fucking atrocious, and atrocious fucking.
>>
>>1916638
Jae's The Shape-Shifter Series.
Bridget Essex has written a lot of wolf books.
Winter Pennington.
Robin Roseau.
>>
>>1916780
>Jae's The Shape-Shifter Series.
This one is pretty good, I liked the other pairing in the sequel too.
>Bridget Essex
I've read A Wolf for the Holiday and A Wolf for Valentine's Day. Short and to the point.
>>
>>1916638
Wild (Meghan O'Brien) In before white panty hater anon.
>>
>>1916638
Zoe Reed's In Spirit and Truth and it's sequel, Phantoms of the Otherworld (YA)
>>
How hard it is to get published? With all these crap I've just read I'm tempted to dig through my unpublished fanfics and turn it into a novel.
>>
>>1914305

thanks. the writing is excellent and so far that's keeping me amused
>>
>>1916638
There's also Under the Midnight Cloak series by SY Thompson, but don't read it until you also read Garoul and Jae's shapshifters since it felt like a less polished imitation.

>>1917198
You can self publish on Amazon very easily. To get printed books, you'd go to the big names in lesbian publishing who probably have requirements and contracts and blood oaths, but obviously they don't have stringent rules on editing, content, or cover images.

I've always wondered how much money even well-known authors make. It can't be much when a nice cover could be commissioned by a random talented artist on the internet for $100. When a book cover is going to adorn the front of their book for eternity you'd think they would have more care in choosing it.
>>
File: tumblr_n52f13uHXO1r6o1dao2_1280.png (177KB, 475x255px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n52f13uHXO1r6o1dao2_1280.png
177KB, 475x255px
Are there any books where one woman is notably large? Not overweight, but tall and built? I've only read instances of that in fanfics. Most modern romances have the characters be average in height/size, it would be interesting to read a book where someone dwarfs their partner.
>>
>>1914305
Thanks for the upload sis, read this authors fanfics for a while and forgot dragonoak actually came out.
>>
Gill Mcknight has a new book titled "The Tea Machine". Has anyone read it? The synopsis sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>1917375
>The synopsis sounds ridiculous
Holy shit you weren't kidding.
>>
>>1917285
>>1917285
what fanfics are these? any above 40 000 words?
>>
>>1917285
There are a few with one character being unusually tall, like Garoul series by Gil McKnight and Second Nature by Jae, and some with very short mixed with an average-tall character like Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander and Hell's Belle by Marie Castle. The Beard is the best utilized size difference I've seen, but it is only a short story.
>>
>>1917375
What the fuck, Roman space warriors and squids? This author has officially lost it. God, I only wanted another Garoul series book.
>>
Sorry to ask but does anyone have a link to download Broken Wings L.J. Baker? I've heard it is pretty good
>>
>>1917648
Here.
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/DSfra5i9/file.html
>>
>>1917652
Thanks a lot anon, you are awesome!
>>
I have a question about kindle. Is there a version of it support color? I saw few photos of kindle and in all of them the screen and pictures where black and white. I was thinking about getting one for reading books of course, but also for reading comic books.
>>
>>1918074

Kindle Paperwhite or similar uses e-ink screen, which is only available in black and white. The best thing about e-ink is that the battery lasts forever. I don't even remember when was the last time I charged my kindle.

If you want a color screen, then the only choice you have is a tablet (Kindle Fire, Ipad etc.)
>>
Is Accidental Love by BL Miller really a Xena/Gabrielle uber(What does that mean?)fic? I've read quite a few times that it was originally that. I don't mind it, just curious.
>>
>>1918266
Yep, it is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uberfic
http://fanlore.org/wiki/Uber
>>
>>1916015
>>Not wanting to read girl on girl rape
Do you know what board you're on..?
>>
>>1918266
>>1918271
It helps that Xena/Gabrielle description is basically Chikane/Himeko. Easier for me to imagine cute girls into any uber.
>>
>>1917652
This was a...somewhat decent read, though nearing the end not so much. I wished the author would've delved more into the world building and its magical inhabitants. Like c'mon, you've got dryads in your story!! I know Holly's a teenager and all, but damn was she annoying and she did not get any better. Flora was great though, albeit unrealistic, but great nonetheless. And I don't even want to get into the different expletives...
>>
I started the Elite Operative series and finished the first two, Lethal Affairs and Thief of Always. I was hoping it would be more campy like DEBS but I liked it despite the disconnected morality and the unfitting stupidity of the EOO command. The use of orphans who groom into assassin slaves who still love the organization that gives them no freedom or escape was kind of sick. The romance was fun, particularly book 2, but the love interests almost blindly support their assassin career when they find out and there didn't seem to be any reason why the EOO would even let them survive afterwards, which felt odd when they were so strict in everything else. This mostly made me want to read Engravings of Wraith again since it does everything right.

I remember hearing the rest of the EO series was not worth reading based on comments here, but I don't remember why. Are the other books worth it or does it go off the rails?
>>
>>1918422
Please don't assume that everyone are the same as you
>>
>>1918608
Fine, anon, tell me what books you like to read and would recommend then.
>>
>>1918604
They start getting worse after that IMO. I stopped after the fourth one.
>>
>>1918608
Why do you think people end up here in particular rather than any of the other places that exist to talk about yuri? People that are into stuff that won't fly in other places have this place.
>>
Anyone read anything good lately from new authors or authors who don't get a lot of attention? I'm staring at all the unread books I picked out from the big names and nothing is grabbing me.
>>
>>1918422
I don't think yuri need degenerate stuff like rape, those can just stay with the hetfags.
>>
>>1919027
I don't know...but hetfags sounds like a contradiction. Unless you are talking about cigarettes.
>>
Nyone read Just Physical by Jae? It's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>1919784
>Publication Date: November 30, 2015
>>
>>1919472
you must be new
>>
Can anyone recommend good original fictions online? I don't know where to start looking and if I did, I reckon I would have to sift through a lot of crap before getting to a good one.
>>
>>1917130

I hate you for recommending this anon. 2nd half of the book was such a chore to read, then that ending! Weak drama just to become a plot point in the next book sigh. They broke up
>>
>>1919784
I did and I agree. From this trilogy only the first book is somewhat enjoyable.
>>
>>1919825

I will just spare you guys from reading it. In book 1, Kyla was forced to break up with Camille. It took 3/4ths of book 2 for her to admit that she was forced to break up with her. Not to mention the stupid villains oh my god.
>>
>>1919840
>>1919825

This is why I prefer fantasy lesbian shenanigans to be honest. It's like authors have this disconnect with reality when they do write about lesbians in real life setting. It's like X soap opera but with lesbians. So fucking ridiculous.
>>
I am looking for some good yuri fantasy/scifi book, more plot-heavy if possible. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1919472
yep, definitely a hetfag
>>
>>1919784
>>1919830
How did you get the book? Holy shit, I was so looking forward this release.
>>
>Rebeccah and the Highwayman
by Barbara Davies

The story is about Rebeccah, whose family carriage ride gets robbed by Blue-Eyed Nick, an honorable thief who is actually a woman in disguise. The book has a Dickensian Robin Hood vibe with solid writing and a lot of interesting archaic words. I usually dislike stories where one of the main couple is with someone else during the story but this book managed to make it feel totally fine. Since this is a period piece in lesfic there is of course attempted rapes against various characters, but they all get foiled well before the rapist even gets into sexual assault territory, which is much appreciated compared to other books where the rapist is allowed to go too far before justice is served. I usually find a few faults with a book after reading but the more I think about it, the more I like this story. The romance was very sweet and paced itself with the plot, I highly recommend reading this.

Anyone have other Barbara Davies books they like? I'm really hoping her other books are this good.
>>
>>1919830
I'm so glad someone else agrees, I was a little worried that maybe it was just me. But Jill was so fucking annoying with the constant back and forth. I just couldn't sympathise with her angst.
>>
>>1920081
It's available on Ylva Publishing's website, it's just not worth the 10 bucks.
>>
>>1920217
I could appreciate where Jill was coming from, but the whole "I want, but I can't" which is basically the whole book was freaking annoying and boring. What I like about the book though is that Crash really took the illness into consideration before jumping in, it wasn't because she was in love that nothing else mattered and she was ready. But that doesn't make the book great.
>>
Anyone have Blindsided by Karis Walsh?? Torrent for it is dead.
>>
>>1920176
Anyone have it? Or could anyone please seed the torrent?
>>
>>1920448
Here You Go

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/sqR0h0C2/file.html
>>
>>1920408
Yea, Crash was the only likeable thing about that book, she deserved better than Jill and her wishy washy behaviour.
>>
>>1920626
Thank you.
>>
>>1920067
Ammonite (Nicola Griffith)
Slow River (Nicola Griffith) - more cyberpunk
>>
Hey all. Does anyone have a not torrent download of Something in the Wine, by Jae, or whatever miscellaneous Jae books you've got lying around? I've already read Backwards to Oregon and sequel, the first shapeshifters one.

Tangentially related: I, LOVE reverse traps like Backwards to Oregon and Sword of the Guardian. Seemingly hetero girls falling for very hansom "men" and turning hard gay once they find out the truth of said men's pants contents.

I know that borders on transgender topics, which I'm not too much into. What really gets me there is when the trap character is really a woman, just is playing a man for whatever reason.

Any recommendations of books like this are appreciated to the moon and back.
>>
>>1920067
Sci Fi:
Deep Merge was pretty good.
Started the Far Seek Chronicles - not very far but doesn't seem bad

Fantasy:
a bunch. check the google doc rec list
>>
>>1918604
The last books were even more ridiculous than the first ones, but they give a lot of much needed closure to the story, if you're actually reading these books for the story.
>>
Any Thanksgiving and/or Christmas-appropriate books out there?

Doesn't necessarily have to be all about the holiday, just that it happens around that time, like Under a Falling Star, The Beard, etc.
>>
>>1921148
Here's the archive of all Jae books from that big FF torrent.
http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/CksI61QN/file.html

And a stand-alone download of Something in the Wine.
http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/pFuT6H24/file.html
>>
File: 81fVxXAb-AL.jpg (415KB, 1563x2500px) Image search: [Google]
81fVxXAb-AL.jpg
415KB, 1563x2500px
>>1921215

http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/41Hlp9zT/file.html
>>
>>1921216
You are a lovely human being that people like to be around.
>>
>>1920067
Afterparty, Daryl Gregory.
The Child Garden, Geoff Ryman (very bleak).
>>
Anyone have any good recommendation for some yuri with a possessive, dedicated, or even stalker-ish romance involved? I found myself rather digging the aspect in the Garoul books, and would like to explore the niche further. Preferably not full psycho lesbian of course, but I'll take any recommendations you can swing me.
>>
>>1921341
Thanks! Still looking for more Thanksgiving/Christmas story suggestions if anyone has them.

>>1921732
Jae's shapeshifter series has similar Garoul vibes. The Beard by Anne Eton has a possessive vibe that mostly fits. Fractured Tapestry by Kiera Dellacroix also fits. I think Pitifully Ugly by Robin Alexander had some brief stalker moments if I remember them correctly.The Muse by Suzie Carr features obsessive stalking in a more real and depressing way, but it wasn't that satisfying by the end so I'm not sure if I'd recommend it on its own merits.
>>
Anybody have the full Natural Family Disasters short stories from Jae's Shape-Shifter series?
>>
>>1922409
I think this was requested the last time someone posted this series too. There were solo shorts posted, and one was missing still. Unfortunately don't have it with me atm.
>>
>>1912948
I know this post is old, but thank you so much for the list, based Onee--Sama.
>>
>>1921740
Well, a few chapters of Accidental Love are around Christmas.
>>
>>1921571
>> Daryl Gregory - Afterparty
This book sounds like fun, so what's the catch? How /u/ is this? I don't mind spoilers.
>>
>>1922510
Very /u/. The romantic plot is not the point of the book, but the protagonist is a lesbian with lesbian relationships. I definitely recommend it, it is a favorite of mine (but I am an absolute slut for dystopias, so I may be biased).
>>
>>1921216
Does anyone have an unfucked formatted version of Second Nature?

All three files in the big torrent and in that zippy archive are without any formatting at all.
>>
Has anyone read NIghtshade here? I just read it and now I want to talk to someone who enjoyed it as well. Too bad the 2nd book didn't quite deliver.
>>
>>1922725
Check the archives, I asked the same question and one anon provided.
>>
>>1922725
I would also like a formatted version. Looked in the archives, but I could not find it.
>>
What is the best /u/ fantasy book series? I'm talking good writing, pretty long, deep setting, etc.

I've never read anything from /u/ meets /lit/ before, so give me the most popular and the best out there even if you're sure everyone's already read it.
>>
>>1923136
Daughter of Mystery (and sequel) by Heather Rose Jones by far.
>>
just finished dragonoak and i really enjoyed it. thanks to the anon who shared it.

maybe it moved a little slow, especially at the beginning, but the excellent writing, colorful characters, and well developed setting made it an enjoyable read.
>>
>>1922725
>>1923121
http://pastebin.com/JM6J85j8
Check moe, it's 100% there 2 or 3 threads back. I'm too lazy to go through the links.
>>
>>1923156
The post is there, but the link to the file is dead.
>>
>>1923158
Aw shit. Sorry, didn't think it could be expired already.
>>
>>1922725
>>1923121
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/cmfwtAfS/file.html

Anyone has KG MacGregor's newest book, The Touch of a Woman?
>>
>>1913288
Ended up binging crazy little things and I absolutely adored it. I've been getting so sick of the angst centric lesbian drama in stories lately. Thank you for pointing out this fluffy story
>>
>>1923273
>binging
Not her, but did the same a few months ago when someone mentioned it in a fanfic thread I think.
It was absolutely fucking adorable. AO3 has it in two massive chapters, so there was no easy stopping point provided, but I found that I didn't care and simply kept reading.
>>
>>1921341
Thank you!
I'm not the one who was asking but I was looking for something set in Britain and something with Christmas theme. I've started it and I like it a lot so far.
Kinda hope she ends up with Holly though.
>>
>>1923302
I generally read on ft net but it seems to be slowing down. Any other large bundles of fluff? I peeked around for other Luna femslash but rest seemed blah
>>
>>1923136
>>1923142
I second Daughter of Mystery (and sequel), it's simply one of the best. Gossamer Axe is good but might not be what you are looking for as it's really a "urban fantasy" story. I remember the Elemental Logic series was pretty good, but not amazing. Uh, there was one I remember liking ok but the name escapes me it's on the Goodreads "lesbian Fantasy" search. I know that's not helpful, but lesbian fantasy (GOOD lesbian fantasy) is a rare beast.

Not very long, but by far the best short story I read was One Saved to the Sea. Even if it's not very long, you won't regret it.
>>
Anyone know any good "reversal" stories?

Such as the aggressor getting agressed, the one you think would be the sub being the dom, or subversions in character.

For example, say, a nerdy girl who is really a demon in the sack, and takes charge of a pretty/popular girl who becomes flustered by the attention. Not saying I'm looking for exactly that story, but I just wanted to give it an illustration.
>>
>>1923136

Beth Lion - The Soul Thief
Seth Dickenson - The Traitor Baru Cormorant

Should Brantwijn Serrah's Goblin Fires count?
>>
>>1923829
Unfortunately I can't think of any great examples like one where an extrovert gets pursued by the introvert, which is something I now want to read very much. Probably because a nerdy girl wouldn't be characterized as nerdy for very long before she started exhibiting traits that make it seem like she wasn't really nerdy after all.

Promises, Promises by LJ Baker sort of works, although the romance in that is almost entirely nonexistent so it won't satisfy you on that alone. Garoul series is full of things not being as they seem and subversion of character traits are everywhere, but it isn't black and white so it doesn't feel quite like role reversal in the way you want. Roses & Thorns by Chris Anne Wolfe also works in a way.
>>
>>1923829
13 Hours (Megan O'Brien) has some elements of that, at least in the beginning.
>>
This thread isn't /lit/ unless you start with the Greeks. Sappho's poetry specifically.
>>
>>1923890
>>1923901

Thank you Onee-Samas for you sugestions, I know it's a niche theme outside of doujin. Even if your recommend are not quite what I'm after, I'm sure I'll enjoy adding them to the reading list.
>>
So... books with f/f rape or non-consent? Any exist?
>>
>>1909528

Lyn Gardner - Ice
Bella Donnis - Trapped

Rivals trapped in a cabin.
>>
Do you guys know of any lesbian books with a jewish main character? I wanted a book to read while I'm spending the 8 worst nights of the year
>>
>>1924517
I haven't read this, but your question made me curious so I looked around and I found one that looks like it might be amusing. Synopsis looks good and the reviews are positive.

>The Dyke and the Dybbuk by Ellen Galford
>>
>>1924517
oy vey
>>
File: 3000094.jpg (75KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
3000094.jpg
75KB, 314x475px
So what are some fantasy/scifi novels with hot lesbian sex that are actually good novels?
>>
When Women Were Warriors, it's a trilogy
by Catherine M. Wilson. I liked them.
>>
>>1924599
was for >>1924588
>>
>>1924599
The first one is free, by the way.
http://www.catherinemwilson.com/free-ebook.html
>>
>>1924461
NO
>>
>>1924461
We can wish and we can hope, but it will probably never happen.
>>
>>1924461
>>1924795

Robin Roseau's books are probably the closest you can find. Her fox books have rape or borderline rape in the later books. Just google Robin Roseau + rape, some book reviews mention rape for several of her books.
>>
>>1924803
I read the synopsis for those ones. I don't understand how her partner got pregnant so that pushed me away.
>>
>>1924803
>enslavement
>abuse
Just what I was looking for, going to give them a try.
>>
>>1924846
Not even religious but I'm gonna pray for you and all the women you get involved with.
>>
>>1925063
What if Anon's the one who wants to be abused? Besides, can you really say you've never masturbated to anything that would be disturbing in real life?
>>
>>1924846
Not so much for the abuse, but enslavement is something I would read about and did, all those conqueror fics... Do let us know how's the proportion of those two in the books you've read.
>>
>>1925063
You're fucking retarded, just Because someone has a fetish doesn't mean they will act it out.
>>
>>1925063
Hello thought police. Please check into the sanatorium next time you want to have a dark fantasy or anything that's not the dregs of FF vanilla forced drama or push/pull attraction formula they all offer.

>>1925082
I tried Familiar. From what I understand it's one of her worst offenders and it was very heavy on the abuse and yeah she's a slave. The only thing it failed in was sex scenes were either mentioned in passing or went no more hardcore than petting, but they were rape for the most part. Briefly explored Stockholm syndrome but not in a compelling way.

I'll try the amazon series next but I don't think it's non-con.
>>
>>1925143
>>1925136
>>1925066
>implying anon wasn't cracking a joke
>>
Cooking For Love by her (Robin Roseau) is probably one of her sweeter ones. I guess it's because it's really short (8k words) that she didn't have the time to insert abuse/whatever else.
>>
>>1925148
Poe's law etc, especially on /u/.
>>
>>1925063
fantasy≠reality, but then again you're a praying atheist so who knows what other weird connections are floating in your head.
>>
>>1924846

Susanna Valent's The Queen's Slavewoman series is about a willing slave.
>>
>>1924524
This book seems great but I can't seem to find a digital copy anywhere ;_;
>>
>>1924524
It's kinda good. Certainly not bad. Don't know how to clarify without spoiling. Doesn't end the way you think it will, I'd wager.
>>
One of these days I need to go purchase all the books I pirated and liked. It's hard since a lot of them are $10 for kindle downloads and the authors never have paypal
>>
>>1925601
Sometimes they're cheaper on Smashwords.
>>
>>1924481
>Lyn Gardner

Is her School Stage series /u/? Is it good?
>>
>>1914197
>I want some quiet bookish romance
Sounds quaint. Anyone?
>>
Speaking of Bridget Essex, anyone have all of her books? There are 12 on kat, but a little more than half are missing, and because I like to have everything of whatever I like (even if I don't watch/listen/read it) I kind of want to have all of them.
>>
>>1918604
>Engravings of Wraith

>look that up on Amazon
>227€
>used
>none new

Whelp. Good thing it's in the torrent.
>>
>>1929818
I'm sad I won't ever own this, loved that book.
Though
>227€
I see them used for $90 + shipping?
And a few new ones (with one for almost $450, people are fucking crazy).
Definitely rare, virtually zero chance of encountering it in central yuropoor for cheap.

>torrent
I warn about this every time I see someone wanting to download it - only one version is properly scanned and ocr'd, others are missing words and are a formatted like crap.
>>
>>1929852
>only one version is properly scanned

Which version would that be? I have one and it seems pretty complete to me, and is decently formatted.
>>
>>1929858
It's been a while since I've read it, but there was a bit about a briefcase in chapter 7 or 8 that didn't make sense to me when I read it, but then tried another version and realized words were missing in the first one. If everything looks good, then you're probably a-ok.
>>
>>1929861
I'm assuming you mean part 7 or 8. There are 8-ish chapters per part. But there was a lot of talk about briefcases, so I'm not sure about which you could be referring to. Could you elaborate?
>>
>>1929863
It was near the beginning, I think it was the first or second mention. Don't really remember the details, sorry. Maybe search the archives for the book title, I might have rambled about it before.
>>
>>1929881
It would be easier if you had the version that you think is the correct one uploaded. If you still have it and it's not much of a bother of course.

I also just finished Trapped by Bella Donnis, and I don't really buy that Katelyn didn't sleep with James. I mean they were together for a longer time than when Jess was with him.

Does anyone have My Summer Romance from her?
>>
>>1929890
>if you had the version that you think is the correct one
I do, but it's on my shitPhone and it's a fucking hassle to grab anything from there, doubly so because I'm a linuxfag.

Actually, hold the phone, I may have it on an external somewhere.
>>
>>1929901
>>1929890
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/tfAXXCsm/file.html
This is the version I have saved, so I assume it's the good one. Though I have no way of verifying whether it's not just taken from xenafiction or wherever it was first posted.
I read a book like that once (On the Air), then bought it and was surprised to see it's different.
>>
>>1929910
The one I have says it's 992 pages (because of formatting it shows a bigger page count which is really confusing when I try to compare) and this one has 1017. Even though the formatting is a little worse in the one you uploaded. So I guess I didn't have the full one. Thank you.
>>
>>1929923
I guess it also depends on the stylesheet it uses? Spacing can affect that too. I'll have to download and compare all of them someday, maybe before I decide to read it again.
>>
>>1929930
I guess, the one I had looked like it was spaced properly with the song excerpts at the start being in italic and to the right of the screen. I also found a .lit version that says it's '1.1' and that in turn has 1025 pages.
>>
anyone have sam ryan's The Glorious Strategist? thanks in advance
>>
>>1929852
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/ROsd7fNq/file.html
Here is the version which is decently formatted. 3 in 1 even
>>
>>1930468
Thanks, looks nicely separated into paragraphs and stuff, but I tend to skip x-in-1 packs because they don't look good in my library. Maybe I'll diff it with what I've got to see if it's better and split into 3 separate books in the future.
>>
>>1930522
Will you share in that case?
>>
>>1930525
It might be a while, but sure. It's not like we're going anywere.
>>
Books that are a real page turner? Like you honestly were reading it every chance you had. I'm reading Second Nature right now and it's decent enough but I realize I'm not in a hurry to finish it. I want to look forward to having time to read.
>>
>>1931142
That's very subjective.
>>
Are there any books with average MCs who aren't sex goddesses in bed? I think if I read one more dialogue along the lines of "you're just natural at sex, baby" with the MC succeeding at everything from the first try while having virtually no experience, I'm going to break something. I'd like to see people actually take time to learn their partners' preferences, experiment and build up some experience before ascending to the sex overlord status and making girls orgasm from an eye contact. You know, progression and all that jazz.
>>
Anyone have the short sequel for Something in the Wine by Jae? It's titled Seduction for Beginners.
>>
>>1931181
Not really, some books are suspenseful, fast-paced. Others are slow to get to the point, the build-up drags on, and it doesn't take personal preferences to see that.
>>
>>1931465
No, but it takes personal preferences to judge whether or not you'll be captivated by development, no matter how slow it is, or you'll feel bored despite the fast pace.
>>
>>1931473
Good writing is good no matter who reads it.
>>
>>1931479
Thats not true. People here suck "Her name in the Sky"s ass and It could barely hold my attention for more than a minute. If the subject matter does not interest you, it will not be a page turner. does that mean the book is bad writing? No. I simply didnt want to stick with it.
>>
Are there any good books about space lesbians that arn't too angsty and don't include hetshit or aliens?
>>
>>1931485
Didn't Gun Brooke write a trilogy like that?
>>
File: iwkblpfos.jpg (150KB, 824x1280px) Image search: [Google]
iwkblpfos.jpg
150KB, 824x1280px
>>1931485
Well, there's this, if you don't mind comic books.
>>
>>1931485
>>1931499
Gun Brooke wrote two series, Supreme Constellations is completed at 4 books long, Exodus is her newest space lesbian series currently 2 books long, both are fantastic. They are among my favorite books, pure fun.
>>
So are there any new Urban Fantasy or Fantasy series out or ones that have a new book? I think I've read every single Urban Fantasy that was ever recommended on here.

I'm actually interested in Elven/Elf and Human relations. Ive only ever one fic like it and its "Strangers Together" a FictionPress fic that hasn't been updated for years, almost a decade now. The author lurks on /u/ but was curious if there was anything else like it. It was a fun ride.
>>
>>1931142
Whatever Gods May Be and Slow River were those for me. I have no idea if our tastes are similar.
>>
>>1931485
Ammonite IMO, but it's lit versus pulp scifi
>>
>>1931509
Would you be so kind to share the second book in Exodus series?
>>
Is there any good urban fantasy that does not have lesbian vampire or werewolf main characters?
>>
>>1931877

Marie Castle - Hell's Belle
>>
>>1931919
Huh, I'm on chapter 4 and so far it's been kind of a slog for me, can't force myself to sit through more than a couple of paragraphs at a time.
>>
>>1931479
That's why ME3 is praised so highly and Alpha Protocol in the sales-gutter, am I right?
>>
>>1931750
Huh, those and The Traitor Baru
>>
>>1931966
Unless it is just the writing that bugs you, it gets much better when Jacq joins the action, try to stick with it.
>>
>>1932115
Nah, the writing is fine. Am at the point where Jacq first shows up, here's hoping.
>>
>>1931981
I don't get it are you implying people weren't pissed as fuck over the ME3 ending?
>>
Does webfiction count here?

https://yuriwebnovel.wordpress.com/

Anyone reading this? It's just okay, but kind of interesting. Ayase best girl.
>>
>>1932151
No. My point is that most people were pissed ONLY by the ending. Though that's mostly because the media told them to.
>>
Anyone have Dakota Hudson's White Roses Calling?
>>
>>1932618
I don't know how anyone even got to the ending, I threw my controller down in disgust in less than half an hour and I've never managed to make myself play anymore since.
>>
>>1932618
>Though that's mostly because the media told them to

It's the media's fault that Bioware just changed the red/green/blue values on the ending cinematic.

Anyways, since I like finding niche stuff anybody ever see a Clancy/Dale Brown/Larry Bond style technothriller but with lesbians? I mean there has to be at least some market for women who like women and also detailed descriptions of F-15s.
>>
Anyone have an audible.com list of good Yuri?

Already made my way through all the Sara Waters books on there, and I have 2 free downloads coming in a few days.
>>
Does anyone have a copy of Will She, won't she?
>>
I was wondering if there's so book in the same style of Journey to the West with lesbians. I love this kind of mystic story with asian background.
>>
Seeing how has been mentioned on this thread I just wanted to say that Dragonoak's sequel has just been published and the first book is currently free on Smashwords.
>>
>>1934263
Wasn't that the book where the The MC's love interest dies or something?
>>
>>1934265
It's not clear whether she dies or not, but either way the MC is a necromancer who can bring the dead back to life without any negative effects so...
>>
>>1934671
>without any negative effects so...

That's annoying. And too convenient to be interesting.
>>
>>1934263
did you manage to snag a copy? its not free anymore :(
>>
>>1934671
The description of the second book kind of makes it clear that she is dead.
>>1934680
It's on KAT if you want it.
>>
Does anyone have Edge of Awareness by C.A. Popovich? thanks in advance
>>
>>1934731
MC herself says that her powers don't have time limits. As long as she can get in contact with a body, she can resurrect it. So her love interest being dead doesn't really mean much.
>>
>>1933659
I'm with you anon.
>>
Anyone know if the KAT version of Tumbleweed Fever by LJ Maas is any good? On the goodreads site it says it's 192 pages, the .pdf on KAT says 94 pages, and when I'm reading through it it seems like a lot of stuff is missing. The pacing is really weird.
>>
I'm looking for "slice of life" books. I would prefer something lighthearted, but I can read something more dramatic too.
>>
Anybody read Light Work on Dark Days by S. McDonald Powell? Did you like it?
>>
Lie's my girlfriend told me is pretty amazing. None of that sparks fly bs.
>>
Someone got Pathfinder (Exodus#2) by Gun Brooke?
>>
>>1936210
Pitifully Ugly is pretty SoL. It does have a stint of drama to the middle, but the ending (for me) made it worth it.
>>
So I've just read Just Physical by Jae. It's officially my favorite from hollywood series. Nice pace, growing characters, challenges, really good. Maybe a bit dragged in some parts but all in all I really enjoyed reading it.
>>
>>1937277
It's really the worst of the series....
>>
New thread?
>>
>>1936210
>>1937072
Most of Robin Alexander's have that theme.
>>
Does anyone have A Story of Now by Emily O'Beirne?
>>
>>1937277
I liked it too, I liked the 2nd one better but Just Physical was pretty good too.
I had very low expectations after reading some reviews in these threads. I thought it was going to be shit, like Ready or Not.

Also the Author is going to write Shaken to The Core and I'm pretty excited.
>>
Does anyone have Cold to the Touch by Cari Hunter? I'm in the mood for some action/mystery.
>>
Someone should make a new thread. I'll screw it up.
>>
fuck off degenerate leftists
>>
>>1937573
New thread.

>>1938982
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.