[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mecha Yuri?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 67

File: um.jpg (2MB, 1320x2080px) Image search: [Google]
um.jpg
2MB, 1320x2080px
Hi /u/, I came across this picture on another board, was just wondering how accurate it is (I know that for at least a couple of those shows it's just a single scene/frame). I like the idea of a mecha show with yuri elements, but I don't know of any that I'd watch.
>>
>>1876518
Its missing Stellvia of The Universe.
>>
Its not accurate at all, a majority of it is bait
>>
>>1876518
I remember hearing something about a g/u/ndam VN, but I don't know if it was ever translated.
>>
>>1876518
It's an old joke of /m/'s; most of those shows don't even have /u/ subtext. There's a similar image for /y/.

Of the ones I've seen on the chart: Iczer, Kannazuki no Miko, and and Mai-Hime are legitimately /u/, Nanoha and Symphogear push the subtext envelope but never actually go anywhere, and Godannar has a /u/ couple as side characters. The rest are mostly out-of-context scenes.
>>
>>1876562
Simoun is yuri
>>
>>1876518
About half of those have /u/ content.
>>
>>1876518
its way less out of context than the comparable /y/ chart (in that, yes, those are actual kisses) but the /m/u/ is pretty shallow

star driver is an actual couple but they're bad guys of the week, evangelion is a hallucination but the character hallucinating is actually gay, gunbuster is class-S ish, lots of oneesama-ing but oneesama grows up and gets married to a guy, diebuster is...subtext I guess, or wannabe class s. Simoun is listed in the popular /u/ anime chart but I haven't seen it. Break Blade isn't what it looks like but the two in that picture have a very interesting relationship

the one for moretsu pirates is a lesbian wedding though, but it doesn't have robots really
>>
Okay how is Idolmaster even /m/ related? Also what episode did pic in that list happened?
>>
>>1876518
Well, not all of those are mecha shows, they're just /m/-relevant shows and to some level /u/-relevant.

Kannazuki no Miko and Iczer would be the ones with mecha and significant yuri.

You have Simoun, fantastic show in its own right, not quite mecha but you could replace their aircraft for duo-piloted robots and not much about the plot would change.

A lot of those are side couples who just get a few scenes that'd set the /u/ General Thread on fire, might be a good show in its own right, but the show but otherwise wouldn't make a blip on the radar.. E.g., Mouretsu Pirates, YKK, Godannar.

Outside of mecha there's a few that are still /m//u/ relevant.

RE: Cutie Honey is one.

Mai-Hime and Nanoha StrikerS bear two famous couples that need no introduction, but in the case of the former it never really kicks in until endgame and you have to suffer through MC's boring and emotionally exhausting love triangle between the generic and awful male lead and the pretty cool tall dark and handsome vice president or whatever it was Reito did in the student council.

In the case of the latter while their relationship with each other pretty much defines the two, and it's an open secret in all the secondary stuff like the 4komas, songs, VAs talking openly about the characters romantic relationship, etc., they never quite make that last jump over what's now a razor's edge line to keep some semblance of "we never said it buy merchandise you fucking waifufags." Still, they're good mamas to Vivio.

Symphogear follows the magical girls being gay as shit precedent, with the bonus OVAs being about 50% gay jokes, and as of season 3 you got pretty much three couples to go nuts over.

Neither are quite mecha but they incorporate quite a bit of mecha elements in the way the characters fight.

Rinne no Lagrange is another fun example.
>>
>>1876622
Xenoglossia is a mecha spinoff that's Idolma@ster in name only. The only thing that's similar are the character's names and appearances. Everything else is totally different. It's also not that good.
>>
OP here, thanks to everyone who gave feedback (I honestly didn't expect anyone to respond). Anything not on the list I should look at?
>>
>>1876655
Tandem Lover if you want a manga instead of an anime. Seraphim Call has both yuri and mecha, but the yuri episodes and the mecha episodes are different. A good number of episodes are also really confusing.
>>
>>1876624
Seconding RE: Cutie Honey. Good music, good animation, good lesbians.

It's well worth the watch (and it's only 3 OVAs, too).
>>
File: agls.jpg (391KB, 490x690px) Image search: [Google]
agls.jpg
391KB, 490x690px
>>1876559
You're thinking of Anaheim Girl's Love Story, it's an unofficial Gundam VN. It's probably the best combination of yuri and mecha out there, in the sense that it's fully focused on both of those elements. It has a really dramatic plot written by somebody who really likes their Gundam and it has pretty good production values for something that's technically fanmade. It's fully voiced and everything.
There is a full text translation available that can be used to play through it.
>>
>>1876630
It was cheesy and entertaining.

I want a remake with the idols they didn't include.
>>
>>1876756
I stopped paying attention when either "Ami" or "Mami" died and "Haruka" and "Chihaya" were involved in a romantic triangle with a robot
>>
>>1876624
imo moretsu pirates counts even though those two are a side couple, just because its a large cast with few guys and some obvious girl-crushes
>>
>>1876732
This was enjoyable and fulfilling, in case anyone wants a second opinion. It leaves you wanting more at the end, but it's just because the characters are that good. It also has sex scenes and an ending that I'd like to read some more reactions to.
>>
>>1876732
>>1876775
Is there a link to it (my google fu is weak)?
>>
>>1877226
The game itself is at sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=221968

Google "oppai missile translations" for the translation. I can't post the direct link because 4chan doesn't like blogspot URLs.
>>
File: cutie honey healing.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
cutie honey healing.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>1876693
>>
>>1876624
>to keep some semblance of "we never said it buy merchandise you fucking waifufags."
that is the perfect description of nanoha's /u/ power level
>>
>>1880686
Lord, don't I wish.
>>
>>1876624
>Rinne no Lagrange
dat second season no-homo syndrome though
>>
>>
>>1881141
Not gonna lie, that show was actually a lot funnier than I expected (but then I really like 70's super robo, so bias etc).
>I wonder if they ever made more episodes of it
>they did
well that settles what I'm doing over weekend.
>>
The fuck is up with /m/-girls?
>>
Dinagiga is fun
>>
>>1876518
This list is such shit though.
Anyone who watches Turn A Gundam or Eva for yuri is going to be disappointed. How much of this is just fanservice or subtext and how much of it is confirmed and unambiguous?
>>
>>1881543
see
>>1876624
>>
>>1881516
Mecha pilot is one of the gayest jobs a woman can have, second only to magical girl.
>>
>>1881543
>This list is such shit though.

It's a fucking gag chart, calm down.
>>
>>1881544
That some slim pickins, damn.
>>
>>1881576
Kind of hard to figure that out when almost half the chart had some unambiguous yuri to some degree.
>>
>>1881583
>Kind of hard to figure that out

It's not hard at all considering the list only ostensibly identifies itself as an /m/ recommendation chart but all of the pictures have zero /m/ material in them and instead all feature some kind of girl-on-girl activities, which, needless to say, isn't what /m/ is about.
>>
File: 1195966179248.jpg (36KB, 700x386px) Image search: [Google]
1195966179248.jpg
36KB, 700x386px
>>1880114
>>1880114
Re: Cutie Honey is the best thing Anno Hideaki ever made.
>>
File: iczer kiss.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
iczer kiss.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Recommendation_chart.jpg (1MB, 1320x2520px) Image search: [Google]
Recommendation_chart.jpg
1MB, 1320x2520px
Pretty surprising how all these years later the list still doesn't have A-ko.
>>
>>1880716
Could you go into more detail?
I'm wondering whether I should remove this from my backlog now...
>>
>>1876732
Do I need to know the plot of Gundam for this?
If so, which Gundam series is the first/should I start with?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1882784
Nah, not really. The story in this game is like a backdrop to the Gundam 0083 OVA, but the game itself tells you everything you need to know about that. Well they don't bother explaining some of the really basic stuff like what is Zeon and what was the One Year War, but you can always look things up if you're confused. There's plenty of Gundam information out there.
>>
>>1876518
Which ones are actually worth watching?
From the list I watched: Nanoha, Kannazuki, Kyoushiro, Mai-Hime, Simoun, Kyoukai, Rinne and Mouretsu
>>
>>1882883
For the /u/?
Symphogear and Re Cutie Honey.
>>
>>1876518

Well for one, NGE is pretty much nope.

Also Bakuretsu Tenshi... well... you're gonna need some pretty good goggles. Well, it's just subtext. Meg definitely has a crush on Jo, but Jo... it's ambiguous shall we say. Jo doesn't appear to feel much of anything at any time, except when it involves a) Meg, or b) killing. But what that amounts to, I dunno.

Oh, so much wasted potential in that series. Every time I realise there won't be a second series (there was even some twitter bait from the director a couple of years back and then nothing) I cry a little. Similar feels to there not being a second Dredd movie, but I digress.
>>
>>1882779
Oh, nothing too drastic, no male characters are inserted or anything, but the relationship between two of the characters goes from being pretty obviously romantic to being subsumed into an OT3 friendship in the second season. Second season also just isn't as good, but it's definitely worth watching. Great soundtrack.
>>
>>1882913
Bakuretsu Tenshi's manga is much gayer, for what that's worth.
>>
File: shot0086.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0086.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
>>1882918
Madoka, Lan and Muginami were an "OT3" in S1 as well, though. I did ship Madoka with Lan myself and felt like Muginami was kind of a third wheel, but that's not how the show intended it. They're clearly meant to be this perfect triangle of BFFs with yuri subtext, like Yuyushiki, but with robots.
>>1880716 was probably talking about that scene in S2 in which Asteria intentionally flusters Madoka with a barrage of sexual talk, then Madoka says that she wants to be a mother someday and from the context of the whole scene it's clear that she means the traditional "have sex and get pregnant" way of becoming a mom. It doesn't come up again though, she doesn't have a male love interest and isn't looking for one.
>>
>>1882940
I meant all of it. The final episode of season 1 firmly implies Madoka and Lan's relationship as being different to that of their friendship with Muginami, but season 2 back peddles on that romantic tension and emphasizes that they're all equally close to each other, and not even in a gay way. I found it pretty disappointing, but it's still an entertaining season. And we do get the kiss scene, even if I feel that hammers home my point even more thoroughly.
>>
>>1882971
The ending of S1 had an elaborate and tearful goodbye scene between Madoka and Lan that Muginami didn't get to partake in only because she had to abruptly leave earlier for plot reasons. If she could have been there, then the scene would have been played in such a way as to affirm that all three of them are equally important to each other, because that's what happens every time they're all together to share a moment.
And the "not in a gay way" thing, well, the show was never more than subtext to begin with. S2 wasn't necessarily less gay, it just had less time for SoL shenanigans because the triangle between Yurikano and the big bros and their stupid plot took so much fucking time out of everything else.
>>
>>
>>1882745
>M3 was added to this
I am behind on chart updates. I also don't remember this scene.
>>
>>1883775
Did M3 end gay? I remember people mentioning this but I never got the time to actually check?
>>
>>1883793
There were two girls that got paired together but I don't think they were actually gay.
>>
File: dyke trek.jpg (452KB, 1491x1019px) Image search: [Google]
dyke trek.jpg
452KB, 1491x1019px
I filled this out for an /m/ thread a while ago.

I always make a yuri thing out of templates like this.
>>
>Rockin, iconic mech designs worthy of model-building
>Rockin instrumental melodeath-ish soundtrack
>Relationship between female lead and love interest is canon with an on-screen post-sex scene to banish any accusations of implications or yuribating

This is all I want. If this could happen, I could stop watching anime forever.
>>
File: Sbt4OL0.jpg (506KB, 1268x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Sbt4OL0.jpg
506KB, 1268x1724px
I've heard cross ange is pretty gay, how true is that?
>>
Burst Angel is fairly /u/, but I don't remember if it ends with anything definitive.
>>
>>1884113
The game is pretty gay the anime is pretty bad
>>
>>1884113
It's heavily implied that many characters on the show have sex with each other. So while the show can get pretty fucking bad, it's /u/ as fuck.

Honestly though, if you ignore a lot of the terrible stuff, there are a few interesting gems in it exploring human nature and sexual agency. It also takes the show's premise in some interesting and unexpected directions.
>>
>>1884113
The anime has some side yuri, but it's a pretty big bait and switch. It's ruined by Fukuda being the lead writer, and showcasing his lack of skill and talent.

The game is considerably better in pretty much every way I hear, but I doubt it'll get translated.
>>
>>1884113
Oh, and the show outright states that there's nothing wrong with being gay, and that the protagonist says she's actually bisexual.
>>
File: abf.jpg (17KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
abf.jpg
17KB, 604x402px
>>1884134
>Fukuda being the lead writer
Ah, so the show is horrible then.
>>
>>1884133
>heavily implied
They literally show them having sex.

>>1884135
She does?
>>
>>1884169
>They literally show them having sex.
Sold.
>>
>>1884134
>side yuri
Better to wait for Cross Otome, where Ange and Hilda are the lesbian teachers at a girls' school for mecha pilots
>>
>>1884178
You have the benefit of spoilers at least. Don't expect any homosexuality of Ange.
>>
>>1884196
Mai Otome is my favourite and you just broke my fucking heart because that idea had never occurred to me and I know it will never happen.
>>
>>1884198
Bruh I'll take whatever I can get that isn't subtext or baiting.
>>
>>1884201
They fucking lived together what did you think?
>>
>>1884205
Nothing is bait if you know ahead of time. But I know what you mean.
>>
>>1884213
What?
>>
>>1884217
never mind I misread
>>
>>1884221
But now I want to know what you thought I said
>>
>>1884198
>Don't expect any homosexuality of Ange
Doesn't she end up with Totally Not Kira or something?
>>
>>1884227
3 days and 3 nights
>>
>>1884224
I'd thought you forgot about Kruger/Viola in Otome
>>
>>1884236
Nah, I just don't really care for them. Arika/Mashiro is my OTP. But Ange and Hilda as Principal and Vice-Principal would be the stuff of legend.
>>
>>1884140
It has its moments. Like it feels like some people really tried to keep him from writing on it, and those parts come off wonderfully.

Just you can tell Fukuda got more and more involved as the series progressed, because he just shoves NotKira all over the place until he's gone from a character with like two lines of description, to practically the main character.
>>
>>1884205
Just to make sure you're warned before heading on: Ange (the main character) is at the center of a het-yuri love triangle, and het wins. The lesbian sex is between other characters.
>>
>>1884120
It ends with one of the girl seemingly dead. The prequel OAV had what looked to be a preview for a sequel OAV that could clear things up, but it never happened.
>>
>>1884428
It was never supposed to be an actual trailer, just an experiment from one of the staff. The only chance of a sequel seemed to be in 2012 when the director met one of the head guys at Gonzo for lunch and made a tweet that they had discussed "2". He later deleted his tweet and nothing happened. Feels bad, they were my OTP of the day. Jo was sexy when she was angry and protecting Meg.
>>
>>1884421
Is it really a triangle if you know one character has no chance?
>>
>>1884499

Uh, yes. Tons of love triangles work like that, fictional or not.
The fact that they treat Hilda's feelings like a comic relief even in the last couple of scenes exposes Cross Ange as the trash it is even further. Then again it's only takes an ep or two to realize it's absolutely awful.
>>
File: godannar shadow luna flashback.jpg (404KB, 960x1350px) Image search: [Google]
godannar shadow luna flashback.jpg
404KB, 960x1350px
>>
>>1885603
Context?

it's too lewd!
>>
>play SRT:Z
>has a choice of saving Nono or Kamina
>always save Kamina
Fuck anyone know how Lar'c and Nono's story progressed if you save her instead of Kamina? Only reason that I save Kamina was because I can form Shin Gurren Lagann. However they said Diebuster with Lar'c piloting does almost the same damage but is much tankier.
>>
>>1885687
What Nono always live Kamina is just a spirit
>>
>>1885687
You can save her but she dies in the end anyways stopping the blackhole. The different between this and the game is Lar'c can choose to die, join Nono in the singularity and start a universe in another dimension together. Which basically means Lar'c dies as well.
>>
>>1885701
You failed, that's the bad end. Here' the real ending where Nono goes back to earth and gets to meet Lal'c's mum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1LiiP2zFc
>>
>>1885687
>choosing to save the guy over the yuri girl for stupid gameplay reason
You fail at yuri, onee-sama.
>>
File: M_u_logo.png (214KB, 909x966px) Image search: [Google]
M_u_logo.png
214KB, 909x966px
>>1885603

>Context?
They're a couple. Although not back in that series of screencaps, that's a flashback on the time when they first met.
>>
>>1885708
>dat Lal'c being jelly of Noriko
>dat Nono only calling Noriko-oneesama
Lal'c BTFO.
>>
So /m/ what's up with these two?
>>
File: godannar shadow luna doujin.jpg (42KB, 389x550px) Image search: [Google]
godannar shadow luna doujin.jpg
42KB, 389x550px
>>1885679
They're in love with each other, but there's angst because one of them is stuck in "but girls can't love girls" mode. Those screenshots are from a very quick silent flashback to how they met in the only episode where they are the focus, aside from that they're minor characters that only show up a few times in the series.
There's actually a doujin about them by the author of Gretel, but I've never been able to find anything other than this cover and a couple of preview pages.
>>
>>1885603

yuri couple
>>
File: b0020000.png (185KB, 380x459px) Image search: [Google]
b0020000.png
185KB, 380x459px
>>1886030
They're not lesbians the only lesbian is this girl who's harem consist of a loli goddess, her best friend, her tsundere girlfriend, and her girlfriend's girlfriend
>>
File: shot0011.jpg (253KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0011.jpg
253KB, 1280x720px
>>1886030
>>1886460
It is a bit annoying how they keep teasing LatxShine while canonnicaly they still have their crushes on guys. Just pick one angle and go with it.
>>
File: 9cce2af29d2bf82d34534007a4cb7583.jpg (142KB, 820x1163px) Image search: [Google]
9cce2af29d2bf82d34534007a4cb7583.jpg
142KB, 820x1163px
>>1886134
Godannar is really an odd beast. It's unapologetically a love letter to the Super Robot genre filled with references to classic Super Robot shows and has all the cliches of hot-blood screaming and over the top moments. Its also full of gratuitous fanservice from bouncing boobs to cheesecake shots of TNA

Even the Robot teams might as well fill a fetish catalog. The Japanese team is married couple a of a middle-aged salary man and a high-school girl. The British team are incestuous siblings. The Russian team is a Dom and Sub couple. The Chinese team is a noble and commoner. And of course the American team are lesbians.

But even then the characters and relationships are treated seriously and given surprising amount of depth even having episodes dedicated to developing them. Its surprising really, I watched it fully expecting Super Robots and fanservice, but I also ended up getting more enjoyment than that.
>>
File: lesbihonest.jpg (488KB, 1491x1019px) Image search: [Google]
lesbihonest.jpg
488KB, 1491x1019px
>>1884069
I remember you from that thread. I can't post mine here but here's your other version.
>>
>>1886714
Do the lesbians end up together and happy?
>>
>>1887070
Yes.

If you're watching it for just them, however, you would likely be disappointed; their total appearance time probably won't make it to 3 episodes in sum. If you're in it with no expectations and want to enjoy the robots, though, it's a lot of campy fun.
>>
>>1886460
Who is she again
>>
>>1887168
Ibis Douglas
>>
>>1876518
Dangaizer-3 has yuri between the antagonist (and it doesn't end well). Int he first episode, it briefly looked a bit like something could be between two of the protagonists (when Reika carries Hina away), but then nothing followed and the OVA was cancelled.

As for Iczer-1, the OVA tones it down or doesn't say anything loud a bit but the core is yuri. The original manga was full-blown yuri (porn).
>>
File: 1378366251667.jpg (314KB, 1200x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1378366251667.jpg
314KB, 1200x1815px
The original Iczer-1 was a catgirl alien like this and she was definitely gay.
>>
File: 1994_11.jpg (3MB, 2163x3022px) Image search: [Google]
1994_11.jpg
3MB, 2163x3022px
>>1887319
Later illustration by the same guy (Aran Rei). His old manga from 1984 was translated, but the newer one he started to make in 1990s was chopped when the magazine went under. I think all the Iczer mangas there were by different people are unfinished.
>>
File: gallforce06.png (15KB, 544x480px) Image search: [Google]
gallforce06.png
15KB, 544x480px
>>1876518
Gall Force has Solnoids who are all female, so they should be lesbians technically speaking but IRC the OVAs don't really go exploring that at all.

However recently I found that in the game that follows the story of the first part ("Eternal Story"), there is a sex scene between Eluza and the main character Rabby.
>>
File: elza01.png (319KB, 484x367px) Image search: [Google]
elza01.png
319KB, 484x367px
>>
File: elza02.png (307KB, 484x366px) Image search: [Google]
elza02.png
307KB, 484x366px
>>
File: theone.jpg (1MB, 2008x3004px) Image search: [Google]
theone.jpg
1MB, 2008x3004px
>>1887322
Oh, slight mistake - I meant to say the old manga was scanned, it was not translated AFAIK.

Pic: this should be from the newer 1990s manga that has no scans AFAIK.
>>
File: 1425054399005.jpg (115KB, 750x593px) Image search: [Google]
1425054399005.jpg
115KB, 750x593px
>>
>>1876518
Macross Frontier had yuri? Ranka and Sheryl was rivals in love to Alto. So that one is false, though it is a pretty good anime nonetheless.
>>
>>1887366
That chart is mostly just early-Goggled level of taking screenshots out of co text
>>
>>1882745
>gunbuster

good overall,
but still mad at the oni-sama and her romance, not so much the mc's het, as it carried the story, but the other one was such an ass pull .
>>
>>1884113
funnest anime season yet.
>>
>>1887408
Some definitely do not qualify, some of them do.

Gunbuster probably does not qualify either, come to think of it, since the only romantic undertones are heterosexual. And Jung having a huge girlboner for Noriko because Hideakki Anno is a racist.

Diebuster was gay as fuck though holy shit.
>>
File: 495538-1516939-mkr-tv-nova-0.jpg (54KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
495538-1516939-mkr-tv-nova-0.jpg
54KB, 500x384px
Don't forget me /m/... Also fuck Clamp and their NTR busllshit so glad people no longer give them any fucks.
>>
>>1887712
Who the hell is this and why can't you post a /u/ related picture?
>>
>>1887712
Wasn't there some connection with Hirano in this character? I noticed people jokingly call Nova Iczer-4.
>>
>>1887728
Nova is literally the main character's inner evil psycho lesbian.
>>
File: lightandshadow.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lightandshadow.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>1887799
Well Hirano was chief director of the anime adaptation. I guess he designed her too, though I can't seem to find that information in any reliable source.
>>
>>
File: soukou no strain.jpg (56KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
soukou no strain.jpg
56KB, 960x540px
I'm amused by the fact that, in the original story, she was the MC's most vicious bully.
>>
>>1887712
There is a lot of lesbian characters in Clamp series, no idea why you hate them.
>>
File: 681393-tomoyo_daidouji_6.jpg (73KB, 640x733px) Image search: [Google]
681393-tomoyo_daidouji_6.jpg
73KB, 640x733px
>>1888380
FUCKING TOMOYOFAGS

*translators note:Ewwwww
>>
>>1888390
>>1888425
I'll never understand this sentiment. Apparently portraying a lesbian character in a show where her love is unrequited is a terrible thing to do. Would the show would have been better off if Tomoyo was just straight? I mean obviously the best ending for us would be if Sakura were to end up with her. But if that's not how the creators want the show to end, they shouldn't bother making a character gay in the first place?
>>
>>1888380
Hatred for CLAMP is the result of their inability to meet deadlines, inability to hold any decent plot together regardless of whatever interesting premise there originally was, and character archetypes that never evolved beyond the Edgy 90s (the way they portray seme/uke dynamics has never changed).

Saying "CLAMP have lots of lesbian characters and therefore should not be hated" is like saying "there's a chocolate here filled with turd, but they're both brown so it's okay to eat".

It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>1888438
CLAMP just loves to put controversial stuff in their works, unrequited lesbian love was one of them also I love Tomoyo and wouldn't want her any other way even if it ended sadly for her
>>
>>1888446
>controversial stuff
>unrequited lesbian love
Requited lesbian love would have been much more controversial. As is, the only thing controversial for the time was that they didn't off the lesbian.
>>
>>1888362
I love that series, hardly anyone ever talks about it though.
>>
>>1888498
I think that the yuri parts of Soukou no Strain are easily the worst thing about it. Lavinia is a Kuroko-style lesbian pervert who the MC shows zero interest in, but where Kuroko is actually shown to be a capable and competent ally of Misaka's in Railgun, Lavinia is shown to be the complete opposite. Her attempts to win Sara over even put her life into jeopardy at one point.

Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the anime. It was a pretty neat scifi anime with some novel ideas. I just wouldn't watch it for the yuri.
>>
>>1888438
Tomoyo is OK, aside from being a stalker that gave up before the fight even begun.
It's CLAMP being relentlessly mean to lesbians in their works, that riles people up. Being forever alone (in two generations) is the smallest thing that transpired.
>>
>>1888555
Don't forget that she is forever alone in every dimension/possible world. That's the true kicker
>>
>>1888640
Like, why even. Fucking CLAMP.
>>
>>1888667
CLAMP is plainly just messing around at this point.

At least she doesn't have it as bad as Syaoran, who now has a backstory about as complex as Hawkman's.
>>
>>1888640
But hey, Gall Force wiped out the space lesbians as a race. Rage! Fuck CLAMP too, though.
>>
File: 040000070485-2p.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
040000070485-2p.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
>>1886134
Here's one of those preview pages, by the way.
>>
File: go-dan_40.jpg (267KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_40.jpg
267KB, 987x1400px
>>1887071
>>1886714
There's also the semiofficial hentai doujin where one of the artists did a yuri thing where the main girl & the blue haired butt girl double team the token loli
>>
File: go-dan_41.jpg (307KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_41.jpg
307KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: go-dan_42.jpg (275KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_42.jpg
275KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: go-dan_43.jpg (283KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_43.jpg
283KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: go-dan_44.jpg (331KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_44.jpg
331KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: go-dan_45.jpg (246KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_45.jpg
246KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: go-dan_46.jpg (370KB, 987x1400px) Image search: [Google]
go-dan_46.jpg
370KB, 987x1400px
>>
File: mt00.jpg (212KB, 708x1013px) Image search: [Google]
mt00.jpg
212KB, 708x1013px
I'm gonna keep posting this cute GaoGaiGar doujin until it gets translated
>>
File: mt01.jpg (141KB, 700x1017px) Image search: [Google]
mt01.jpg
141KB, 700x1017px
>>
File: mt02.jpg (170KB, 684x1019px) Image search: [Google]
mt02.jpg
170KB, 684x1019px
>>
File: mt03.jpg (204KB, 703x1013px) Image search: [Google]
mt03.jpg
204KB, 703x1013px
>>
File: mt04.jpg (242KB, 695x1013px) Image search: [Google]
mt04.jpg
242KB, 695x1013px
>>
File: mt05.jpg (206KB, 699x1017px) Image search: [Google]
mt05.jpg
206KB, 699x1017px
>>
File: mt06.jpg (198KB, 696x1015px) Image search: [Google]
mt06.jpg
198KB, 696x1015px
I guess it will never happen because the overlap between GaoGaiGar fans and yuri fans is probably about as large as the overlap between black people and the KKK
>>
File: mt07.jpg (224KB, 701x1017px) Image search: [Google]
mt07.jpg
224KB, 701x1017px
>>
File: mt08.jpg (259KB, 679x1019px) Image search: [Google]
mt08.jpg
259KB, 679x1019px
>>
File: mt09.jpg (173KB, 692x1017px) Image search: [Google]
mt09.jpg
173KB, 692x1017px
>>
File: mt10.jpg (212KB, 674x1018px) Image search: [Google]
mt10.jpg
212KB, 674x1018px
>>
File: mt11.jpg (195KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
mt11.jpg
195KB, 688x1012px
>>
File: mt12.jpg (190KB, 688x1025px) Image search: [Google]
mt12.jpg
190KB, 688x1025px
>>
File: mt13.jpg (197KB, 693x1019px) Image search: [Google]
mt13.jpg
197KB, 693x1019px
>>
File: mt14.jpg (177KB, 680x980px) Image search: [Google]
mt14.jpg
177KB, 680x980px
>>
File: mt15.jpg (172KB, 691x1057px) Image search: [Google]
mt15.jpg
172KB, 691x1057px
>>
File: mt16.jpg (180KB, 680x1049px) Image search: [Google]
mt16.jpg
180KB, 680x1049px
>>
File: mt17.jpg (164KB, 687x1033px) Image search: [Google]
mt17.jpg
164KB, 687x1033px
>>
>>1896559
I'm a fan of both, it's just that GaoGaiGar isn't known for yuri. It's also just a little bit old and the older something gets the less likely it'll get translated.
>>
File: mt18.jpg (174KB, 688x1007px) Image search: [Google]
mt18.jpg
174KB, 688x1007px
>>
File: mt19.jpg (187KB, 687x1007px) Image search: [Google]
mt19.jpg
187KB, 687x1007px
>>1896578
>isn't known for yuri
Neither are around 50% of the series that get translated yuri doujins, the other half being yuri fandom staples like Love Live and Touhou.

I guess scanlators just assume "old = instant ignore"
>>
File: mt20.jpg (183KB, 699x1017px) Image search: [Google]
mt20.jpg
183KB, 699x1017px
>>1896580
>>
File: mt21.jpg (200KB, 676x1014px) Image search: [Google]
mt21.jpg
200KB, 676x1014px
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.